Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Nurturing May 2022 Challenge

This topic contains 387 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 46 posts - 351 through 396 (of 396 total)

• Day 27 Ohio, US — NFD

The morning’s weigh-in showed 182.0 lb, so down almost a pound from the start of the month. It looks as though I’m moving down from the plateau where I’ve been at since the end of March.

I was able to extend the time for my daily yoga routine and I hope over the weekend I’ll be back to the normal routine. Even with all the rain we’ve had today, I managed to get a 30 minute walk in between cloud bursts. So little by little things are getting back to normal.

My GI system has been upset all day today, so I’ve had to go for very low bulk foods — a big difference from my “whole” foods approach. With any luck that won’t set back the progress with the decreasing weight.

@songbirdme Sounds like you are having a great time! Have you had a chance to go up into the mountains at all?

@stitchincarol Great news that the hymn-fest went well! And sounds like the afterglow was a big success too!

@funshipfreddie A computer tech told me that the present generation of laptops are designed to last only about 3 years. Compare that with the laptop I’m typing this entry in — it’s 10 years old and still going strong! Unfortunately, it’s not Windows 11 compatible, so its years are numbered, thanks to Microsoft!

@daffodil2010 The Hot Box session sounds very purifying. Getting toxins out of the system really helps with the weight!

Hope everyone has great weekend adventures!

Day 28 – Saturday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD 🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞🌞

The rain has GONE! Hallelujah!

The sun is out and it’s the MOST BEAUTIFUL DAY in months! Weather report says the rain has gone and expect sunny skies for at least the next week – just as it should be for May/June as we come into winter downunder.

I’m so happy and also maintained this week’s weight loss …… fabulous! 😍😎😎😍😍

Have a great weekend everyone

cheerie dearies

“poco a poco” – little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually

Day 28 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@songbirdme – Sounds like a fantastic time, as Bob Marley once sang … “don’t worry ’bout a thing, everythin gonna be alright” Have a great time and I’ll sit next to you on the 5:2 wagon when we gat back from out next jaunt away 😉

When we got back from Scotland we both tested positive for covid ! Luckily it’s been like a bad cold and after 4 days I’m about through it, it’s the cough that was annoying, keeping us awake at night. However, we’re getting ready for the next trip at the end of next week 🙂

Despite the covid infection I’ve got on top of the garden already, even putting the planters out, so everything looking rather nice, just an odd bit of strimming to do and a cut before we go later in the week.

Take care all

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

PFDS for me! 🙂

@michelinme – thanks for offering to host next month 🙏

@stitchincarol – you have a Nook? That’s Barnes & Noble if I remember correctly? I used to love going there when I was in US ports. I could spend hours checking out the books & there never seemed to be enough time.

@i-hate-lettuce – thanks for the advice. Unfortunately all my chargers are mixed up & I’ve got no idea which one came with the Kindle. I guess it wouldn’t hurt to try them all.

@matpi – 3 years?! That doesn’t surprise me, but it’s so wrong. Why not charge a bit more & make them so they last longer?

@songbirdme – enjoy the rest of your trip 🍹

Have a good weekend y’all ⛅️ 🌈

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 211 lbs. This was after an OMAD lunch day yesterday (and no, it was not “healthy”) as opposed to a WFD, and yielded very similar results on the scales. Weight was down nearly 3 lbs over last week, on average. A week and a half ago, I weighed my highest of the year at 220 lbs. I hit 210 this week and maxed out at 215 last Sunday (been below 215 since). Still the holiday weekend to come, and have to figure out when the feast day is, because the other day is my FD.

I found the OMADs at lunchtime interesting. My WFDs are still working for me on my official 5:2 FDs, but instead of 4-5 lbs, this week only showed 2-3 lbs of weight drop, about the same as an OMAD. Very effective technique, and I think I might intermingle mid-day OMADs with WFDs to see what that does.

Jason Fung has now released a video talking about new studies show how eating carbs at the end of a meal has a more stabilizing effect on blood sugar than eating them first or concurrently during a meal. I wonder if that might translate towards less weight gain, too.

I won’t even see the 200s this month, I’m sure. But I’ll keep my 206 lb target goal for the month of June.

Day 28 UK FD

Delighted to have managed a FD800 yesterday, my first since February!

I had a late light lunch of two hard boiled eggs with tomatoes, then a supper of stir-fried cauliflower, spinach, asparagus, leeks, onion, garlic and vegan chorizo, followed by apple compote with vegan custard. You can eat a HUGE amount of cauliflower for 100 calories and it’s both satisfyingly crunchy and filling.

I had thought it nigh impossible to ignore the siren call of evening snacks but there was a helpful inner voice reminding me of what I’m doing and why. And the external accountability provided by this lovely group was just what I needed – thank you!

My whole motivation on fast days comes from meal prep and planning. So today I’m going to have a late lunch of scrambled tofu with orange peppers, tomatoes and aubergine, and a little later an early supper of baked sweet potato with vegan sausages (made from peas and mushrooms) followed by a fresh fruit salad of mango, strawberries & blueberries.

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, whatever it brings

USA. Day 28. FD

Thanks, Michelinme, for offering to host June. I have lost 7 lbs. this month, although holding on to that seventh pound loss is difficult. I keep going back and forth with that list pound.

I know it is a holiday weekend here in the U.S. but I am eager to retain my loss, so I am continuing with my FDs today. I don’t see a pocket list, so I am assuming no one wants to fast today, so I won’t start. one.

Have a great day today wherever you are! 🙂

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Weigh in: 148.8lbs Ugh. Didn’t think I’d eaten that much yesterday, but my belly is large, which is a sure sign I’ve got lots of food in me.

Here’s something I know about weight gain: my measurements (except for my waist, LOL) didn’t change when I first shot up over 145. Having stayed here this long? My hips and thighs are growing, or will soon. I have a prayer’s chance of not growing larger if I drop at least five pounds pronto…but it may already be too late.

Which means I’ve more weight to lose and am again further from my goal weight. I keep thinking about Jason Fung’s explanation of set points and thinking my body wants a higher set point than I’m willing to endure. That was why I started water fasting, because WHEN we eat is a large part of changing set points…or, at least, I think that’s what he said. I clearly need to do some reading in that part of his book.

Today is a big day for my hubby: it’s his 50th high school reunion! He graduated from a high school in the town where we lived when we first married and that’s only 35 miles from where we live now. We’ll leave around two o’clock and go to the tour of the much-enlarged high school (all sorts of additions and remodeling have been happening over the past twenty years) and then the evening will be the banquet and program. I’ll know some of the people, and all are very pleasant to visit with, as I learned at his 25th anniversary!

@i-hate-lettuce Oh NO! I’m sad you and Mrs. IHL got covid…but it sounds like you both have what DH and I had, even down to you keep working in your garden and I kept practicing multiple hours each day. Glad it’s been so mild, unlike poor @michelinme.

Here, for both of you: https://flowerkingdom.flowermanager.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/128/2019/10/FD-Garden-of-Wellness-600×720.jpg

@funshipfreddie It is indeed a Barnes and Noble device. I quit buying books for it many years ago because I compared prices with Amazon/Kindle and it was cheaper almost always. Back in the day, B&N opened at 9am and stayed open until 11pm (or midnight?). Now, they’re only open until 9pm. DH and I used to use date night to go out to dinner, go to a movie, go to B&N and then stop at a lovely grocery store (that was serious fun for me, and DH is generous, LOL).

@northgeorgia Changing our behavior consistently enough to lose weight is challenging both of us, isn’t it??

@ccco That’s a fabulous loss you’re showing for the month; well, well, well done!!

@michelinme Thanks for volunteering to host!

@at We miss you!

I spent many hours in the yard yesterday, cleaning my herb bed and planting the stuff that doesn’t over-winter here. There’s still so much to do, but there’s no time today to garden, so I just have to ignore the siren call…but it’s strong and loud, let me tell you!

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 28 – NFD

Thanks all for the good wishes on our anniversary. 28 years and glad to say we are going strong.

@northgeorgia I think it was @funshipfreddie who posted a link to a interview about carb timing at the end of the meal about a month ago and I’m fascinated. I often tend to end my meal with a baked potato, and tho I have been worried about so many carbs, that has never seemed to have a bad effect, just a wonderful satiated effect. I wonder if the timing is part of the reason🤔 if I want to remain ‘full’ and not hungry in the evening, that potato is necessary- and if I want to be cheerful and happy – eliminating potatoes from my diet would be impossible- so I’m following this somewhat closely.

An exciting development while exercising yesterday – double hoops around the waist! I don’t think my dyspraxic motor coordination will ever allow me to conquer the fancy hoop moves (particularly any that require timing and agile hands), but it appears two hoops on the waist is quite doable. It will up the difficulty and I need that as it has been hard to get my heart working hard with my regular workouts lately.

Weigh-in yesterday 131.1 so all is good there. That is about 3 lb down from the beginning of May. April (with my vacation) was a holding pattern. I’m still losing weight, but slightly slower than pre-vacation, so next month I need to slow that some more. These are vanity pounds and a buffer zone between me and overweight as I am convinced I am at a healthy point right now. My brain says 125 to 128 would be a good goal, I guess I will see if my body agrees.

So, DH has just awoken, so I’m off now. Have a fabulous weekend all!

Day 28 Ohio, US — NFD

Just a regular NFD — I’ve kept on target with eating. Finally I’ve got back to my regular 50 minutes of daily exercise! I guess it’s fair to say that things are back to normal!

@michelinme Thanks for volunteering to host in June!

@northgeorgia Your comment about carbs at the end of a meal reminds me of a book that was popular at the turn of the millenium — Potatoes not Prozac by Kathleen DesMaisons. She put forward a plan to use carbs (in her case, a baked potato) to stabilize blood sugar and improve sleep and mood.

@funshipfreddie I agree with you. It’s planned obsolescence with a vengeance. I also mix and match my chargers, since like you I’ve forgotten which one goes with which. And when I charge up a device, I keep getting a warning messaage to use the right charger. Fat chance!

@ihatelettuce Glad you both are getting over Covid really fast!

@linda.b Congrats on maintaining the weight loss!

Day 29 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the covid concerns, think I’m already through it, Mrs IHL is nearly there as well, thank goodness for the vaccines. They’re not perfect, we’ve suffered what I believe is called a ‘breakthrough infection’, where although vaccinated a variation (breakthrough) can still get you, but the actual affects are very much less than a full blown infection.

The Ospreys, only camera 2 working at the moment, it’s comical to watch the newly hatched chicks, completely bald at the moment, mum keeping them covered when it’s cool, but when food arrives, they’re feeding well.

Looks like a BBQ day on the decking today, lazy Sunday I think, might even break out a beer 😉 Thinking of beer, the Den brewery hasn’t been in action much this year, not been drinking as much (that could change a bit when summer in the garden with friends starts happening) but the longer time the beers are settling and maturing is making a difference. There’s some really nice bottles been sampled and the extra time makes the difference.

Take care all

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@mariaelena – the article re carb timing, I don’t think I posted that. I really can’t remember the last time I ate potato in any form. Unless you count vodka 😅

@stitchincarol – I hope you & DH enjoyed the reunion. 50 years?! 🎉

@i-hate-lettuce – wishing you & Mrs i-hate-lettuce a speedy recovery. Sounds like you’re over the worst already 🤧

Not in the mood for a FD, but I’m going to bite the bullet & do it anyway. Only 6 hours til apple time, & PFDS on a Monday morning is always nice.

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 29🥕
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Yesterday I did not eat at set meal times and just grazed all day, and a 4 lb gain is my reward LOL! Today we will celebrate the holiday weekend, so no fasting today, although I did do a ZBC unintentionally this morning; I do plan to do a FD tomorrow, even though it’s my day off and I’m at home all day. Eeek!

On the other hand, I do have some motivation. I kept hearing a few comments on how my suit/sports coats were too large, and I kept thinking — I can’t fit into the smaller size yet. I thought I would try it again, even though I don’t think the scales have moved much. Yes, the one I’m thinking of is still too small. But I had forgotten that I had a “middle sized” one in the back, waiting for me to shed a few more pounds. Well, let’s say that I can’t wear it buttoned up while sitting very comfortably, but it does fit, and if standing, I can button it up and even raise my arms without any major tightness. So my size dropped from an original 54R down to the 52R I had been using for a year or so, and now it’s 46R (yeah, the 42R will take a little longer). I have some slacks, jeans, and shorts also just begging to be worn if I can drop another size in the waist. OK… come on summer slimming!

As we head into June, my plan is to continue the WFDs just twice a week, and see about adding a lunch-time OMAD in there.

Day 30 – Monday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) – yay! 🥰😋🥰🥰

My last FUN DAY (FD) for NURTURING MAY. How this month has flown, like an osprey 🦅🦅 thermal gliding on high, hey @I-H-L?

@I-H-L, I once had my very own osprey who perched every day on a magnificent Moreton Bay fig that overhung my lake, very close to my boundary and my deck (5 metres)…… watching, watching, watching and then swooping onto the water with talons underneath at the ready to pluck a sizeable fish for lunch. He/she (never could tell the difference) would eye me off as I watched from my deck, knowing I was no threat. The real threat was when I came home one day to find the magnificent Moreton Bay fig gone…. my neighbour had it removed because he didn’t like the bats roosting in it. I was devastated. That neighbour now long gone but it takes decades and decades to grow a magnificent tree like that. The osprey around here build their nests atop of man-made towers eg mobile phone towers such is the reduction in large trees in an urban environment close to the lakes and ocean. I miss him/her but imagine he/she found another watching vantage point somewhere further along the lake. You see them soaring high in the sky; I like to think they go so high just because they can, just for the fun of it.😍😍

So today’s FUN DAY is all ready…. broccoli🥦, avocado🥑 plus 🍆🍅🥬🥒, loads of🍄🍄🍄🧅🥕🥕, Napa cabbage, zucchini, brussel sprouts all cooked al dente in a casserole dish in the microwave for just a couple of minutes only, served with a light spritz of balsalmic…. yuummm. I think we sometimes forget the real and beautiful flavours of just plain vegetables. I don’t mess with them as they are so flavourful in their own right. Plain and simple and the more dark green veg the better – no root veg on a FUN DAY, ever!

Tomorrow is my WEIGH DAY and the last day of NURTURING MAY.

Hope your day goes well too!

cheerie dearies
    If it’s not there, you can’t eat it!😛😜😋🥰😍

Day 30 – Monday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) – yay! 2nd post

oops forgot the pocketlist!:

@linda.b

Day 29 Ohio, US — NFD

An alright NFD. Things ran a litlle slower than usual, so only got my walking in today

@northgeorgia Keep on dropping those sizes, yeah! Even though my weight hasn’t dropped a huge amount I’ve found that my “heavy weight” bermudas are much too big (They can slide right off with almost no provocation!), but the next size down are too small. So here also is motivation to keep on target to lose one size for summer!

Day 30, Germany, NFD
    Day 28 and 29 NFD

No FD for me today as we’re off to see friends and stay there for a few days. After being back here for a month, I realize my heart is not into this and this is not the way I want to live my life. I started this month having a healthy weight and losing 1.6 kg doesn’t make me healthier. I missed cooking every day and trying out new recipes together. I do well on 18:6 and leaving out breakfast most of the time so I’ll be continuing that.

@at Thank you for hosting this month!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Feeling ropey (self inflicted from wine ) today but FD it will be. Have a good one all.

Day 30 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in, off out to one of the lakes for a mornings peace and quiet! Really good BBQ yesterday including beer, so steady FD today.

Take care all

Pocket list for Monday

@linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Nailed my Sunday FD, so no fasting for me today. One more May FD tomorrow 💪

@snowflake56 – fasting isn’t for everyone. If it was there’d be no obesity epidemic. If you can maintain a healthy weight doing 18:6 that’s great! I hope you keep in touch with us 5:2-ers anyway 🤗

Pocket List – Day 30 🥑
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 30 – UK – FD (1st of B2B)

Many apologies for being an absent host…….but a “Big Thank You” to all for keeping things going and encouraging each other 🤗

I seem to have lost my way since my week away to Scotland and am in great need of pressing that RESET BUTTON today with a good B2B FDs…….I braved the scales this morning and 🫣 was rewarded with a 60.1kg much to my dismay but not totally unexpected, as despite managing 7 x FDs so far this month my NFD have certainly been that…..I’m pretty sure they were all well over the top of my TDEE…..so time to pull up my big girl pants and get on with it!!!!! June is my birthday month and so has to be my month for getting back down to my maintenance range🤞

On Friday I met up with DD and did 4hrs (9km) of dog walking and on Saturday went out for a solo hike covering 15.6km, 450m elevation and took around 2.5hrs – lazy Sunday followed. No classes for the next couple of weeks so must make sure that I go for walks and do some video link classes

@matpi – the play was very entertaining and apparently opened in Dundee and then transferred to Pitlochry
    @mariaelena – Happy belated 28th wedding anniversary to you and your DH 🥂
    @songbirdme – a week in Jamaica 🏖 bliss…..I have a friend who loves it there and goes every year – lucky thing!
    @i-hate-lettuce – sounds like you had a fab week away in Scotland too – I have been watching the Osprey Cam and was lucky to see the babies getting fed – they are so small…..Sorry to hear that you both tested positive on your return but good to read that it has only mildly affected you both
    @brightonbelle – Sicily for a 3 weeks…..how wonderful – have a fab time! I have been a few times in the past on family holidays and always enjoyed myself, try to get to the mountain areas as well as the coastal towns
    @stitchincarol – good to hear that both you and your DH are recovering from the virus – your post “I was misbehaving SO badly on NFDs, I need to make my choices based on moderate behavior,” has resonated with me and I’m adopting it to help me lose those pesky kgs that have crept back on and your ‘my overeating has far more to do with taste and pleasure than with actual body requirements’ definitely resonated with a lot of us
    @linda.b – loving your cheerful posts and so close to your target – great effort!
    @5413.5 – “Portion size and self restraint is so difficult !!” totally agree with you at the moment – need to conquer that on my NFDs and I know that carbs is not my friend and have certainly been overindulging in them recently…….
    @daffodil2010 – high 30’s and low 40’s 🥵 you certainly had a heatwave in Andalucia and what a win to record a weight loss on your return!
    @ccco @funshipfreddie @penz – I’m with you about wine…..that’s definitely a thorn in my side too right now….also I know I overeat when I drink and those empty calories in the wine – must try harder to going back to my regime of doing 5:2 with wine i.e. 5 wine free days v 2 days wine allowed – it used to work so well for me during my weight loss days…..
    @michelinme – so lovely to see you back with us and THANK YOU for offering to host our June Challenge – I’m happy to do a spreadsheet for it if required
    @penz @stitchincarol – my sister in Australia converted me to a smoked salmon cheesecake – Not sure where she got her recipe from but I have a copy and made it for friends here – we are all converted but I am not counting the calories in it 🤣
    @linda.b – I’m joining you with FD (and will try to see it as a Fun Day 🤣) as I need all the support and motivation to get me through today
    @northgeorgia – you are doing so well – keep going and take motivation from the positive signs that your size dropped from an original 54R down to the 52R and now it’s 46R 💪
    @snowflake56 – even if this WOL is not for you, do pop in just to chat and let us know how you are 🤗 I’m like you in that following 18:6 and leaving out breakfast works well for me too and I do love cooking every day and trying out new recipes but I also need those 2 x FD to keep within my maintenance range – perhaps this has to do with portion control and the 🍷🥂 demons

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at

This week and next month I am reminding myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Ugh. Well, so much for yesterday’s planned cookout. Everyone wigged out 2 hours before it was to begin, asking it to be today instead. So, I put everything I prepared into the refrigerator, and my plan for Sunday’s NFD and today’s FD was completely shattered. And I have a work function meal at lunch tomorrow, so Tuesday’s out, too.

The best I can do at this point is try to OMAD it the best I can today. Yesterday wasn’t a true OMAD, as I probably had a four or five hour window before I made the decision. But I did drop a pound today. I probably won’t OMAD tomorrow, as a boxed lunch isn’t that substantial, but we’ll see. I’ll definitely ZBC. Not sure which two days I can fast now. Maybe Wednesday/Thursday B2B, or Wednesday/Friday… running out of slots.

Anyway, I’ll get back on track somehow. This is turning into a challenging week and would be one to “give up” on, but I won’t let that happen. I’ll figure something out.

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

It’s Memorial Day weekend. Originally called Decoration Day, it began as a day to decorate with flowers the graves of those who died in the Civil War; eventually it was expanded to include all who had died in wars. As I did for years, lots of Americans simply see this as a weekend to go shopping and to have backyard barbecue parties–or simply to do whatever it is they normally do, LOL–but many communities across the country have Memorial Day ceremonies, as does my own village. Some are held at cemeteries, but here it’s held at the Village Auditorium, a community space for such things. It’s put on by SAL (Sons of the American Legion) and DAL (Daughters of the American Legion), who are adult children of veterans. We have an invocation (DH takes this role), a reading of the poem “In Flanders Field” by the high school student who’s going to Boys’ or Girls’ State, a musical piece played by the high school band, a military speaker (some of whom are really fun to listen to), usually an officer of some sort from the base in Omaha, and then a reading of all community members who’ve ever died in a war, and where they’re buried. The ceremony ends with some of the men going outside to do a 21 Gun Salute–7 rifles shooting in unison three times–and then a trumpet playing Taps (that’s where DS25 comes in). All the veterans wear their uniform hats and parents bring their little children and it’s wonderfully appropriate and meaningful for the day. After that, there’s a potluck at the American Legion Hall, and then DH and I will do some yardwork, then we’ll have a backyard barbecue with DS30. Rather a perfect day.

The 50th on Saturday was fun, and my husband enjoyed himself more than he has at any event for years. He wasn’t such close friends with his classmates, and is only in touch with one of them, really, but they were all set to have a good time remembering fun times and they sure did!

And tomorrow I must fast. I’m going to do a WF because I need a drastic kick-start to resuming 5:2…I haven’t even weighed this morning because it’s too depressing to see how high the number has gone by now. So: TOMORROW!!

@northgeorgia Going from a 54R to a 46R is huge; congratulations!!

@linda.b Loved your description of what you eat on FDs; thanks for sharing!

@snowflake56 Have fun visiting your friends! I do hope that wasn’t your way of saying goodbye to us for the long term rather than just for a few days.

@at Ahhh, your personal motto hit me square between the eyes this morning: “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now” Yup. I suspect my weight is above 150 this morning, so I’m clearly headed back to where I was when I started. Okay, no quitting for me. I’ll eat moderately at the potluck, and moderately at our own BBQ this evening, and nothing in between, and that will be a good start for tomorrow’s WFD.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 30 Jamaica (last day… 😢 ) Day 30 NFD

Flying home this afternoon back to Chicago O’Hare. Vacation has been fun with several full days of adventures coupled with some total relaxation. Sending yu all wishes for a good week ahead. I will read up when I get home. Anyone doing June?

Onward and downward.

Day 30 uk
    89.45 – gain
    Keeping with it
    👍

Day 30 UK FD

So since I started back on Friday i’ve clocked one FD800, a solid CD and a TDEE – the latter included ice cream and popcorn but in moderation! I’m 1lb down on Friday morning and feeling less puffy already.

Today’s another FD800 and tomorrow a OMAD as friend coming to early supper, then the lovely fresh start of a shiny new month. My late lunch today was two sweet potato wraps with salad, tofu and a hard boiled egg. Supper will be dal with quorn chicken for extra chew/protein followed by fresh berries. I still need to drink a lot more water but feeling as tho i’m starting down the right track again.

@at Thank you – it’s good to be back! Yes please to setting up the spreadsheet for June challenge

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @michelinme

USA. Day 30. FD

Wow! I just did my monthly weigh-in and I am down 8.6 lbs., the most I have ever done on this site! I must admit that part of it was that I was sick part of the month but I will take it anyway I can get it! 😊

It’s a national holiday here today but I will still add myself to the pocket list.

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco

Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 31 – Tuesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD🌸🌼🌻🌺🌼

Last post for NURTURING MAY. It just went so fast for me. I didn’t reach my goal, but close, very close. The strange thing is the closer I am to my goal the harder it is to whack that last little bit of fat off the planet!🏌️‍♀️ I have stuck to my protocol diligently and not ‘fallen off the wagon once’ but that last little bit of fat is hanging in there regardless! 😜😝😜
    In 2019 I did exactly the same routine and lost 11kg in exactly 11 weeks. I was sure I could replicate that success again by totally applying myself to the challenge but it has eluded me thus far…. ableit not by much… but still not there yet!
    On reflection, I’m thinking that there is a difference, and that is the RAIN during February, March, April and May. I guess I’ve underestimated the value of my daily walks into the equation. Just musing….

Today, Tuesday, is my WEIGH DAY for my own ACCOUNTABILITY and because it is the LAST day of NURTURING MAY. In total I have lost 1.7kg over the month and annoyingly am just .7kg off my goal. In fact I would like to go just another 1kg beyond my goal for a little wriggle room when I transfer over to WOL maintenance. So JumpInJune is locked in for me and beyond that too. I-H-L, you are such an inspiration as an example of life beyond IF and incorporating WOL into enjoying life in a balanced way onwards. ⭐⭐⭐⭐ I wish to replicate that too!

@ccco wow 8.6lbs in a month… that’s 3.9kg in myspeak! You are awesome, seriously awesome!!!!🤩⭐⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🏆🏆🏆

@at Thank you for the June spreadsheet and hosting NURTURING MAY… I’ve filled in my bits.👏👏👏

@michelinme Thank you too for taking on the task of herding us all into the corral for next month’s challenge… Well done! 😀😀😀😀

Must get back to work…. A BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR SUPPORT DURING NURTURING MAY and look forward to meeting up in Jumpin June!

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”…. so into June we go!

Day 30 Ohio, US — MFD

Fasting has gone well. I’ve spent so much time with family and friends today that now I’m quite tired now.

@songbirdme Hope you have a safe trip back home!

@northgeorgia You really impress me on how you’re able to keep on goal with lots of unexpected changes!

Pocket list for Monday
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @michelinme
    @ccco
    @matpi

Day 31 – Tuesday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD🌸🌼🌻🌺🌼 – 2nd post

@i-hate-lettuce – both live cams are up and working now. However, it looks like one the chicks may have succumbed. It’s not with the other two under Mum and not moving. Not looking good.

Day 31
    89.05 kg
    Lost abit more
    Thanks for this forum, it’s kept me focused
    I think I’ll continue into June
    Thanks 🙏

Day 31 – Lake district UK – PFDS

Good morning everyone

The FD’s just seem to get easier, after almost 3 years of being on the 5:2 WOL, it really has become automatic.
    We were just talking about it last night and can’t remember the last time we had the likes of cheese and biscuits for a late supper or anything much to eat after evening meal! My eating habits really have changed, yes I do eat the wrong things, but not much as I have also found I can rarely eat large meals!

Had a fabulous morning yesterday, millionaires fishing, wandering round one of the trout lakes, no one around apart from me and the wildlife and some excellent brown trout fishing. Enjoyed it so much Mrs I-h-l is off to the shops and I’m going off to another lake, this is the one the Ospreys fish so I might get a sighting of an expert at work!

@linda.b – Had a quick look in but mum was keeping the chicks warm, couldn’t check on numbers, will try and find out later today. Survival of the fittest I’m afraid, there’s plenty of food about as our club waters are a supplier of food so we know what is available for them 😉

@at – Thanks for hosting this month, I’ve been away for over half of it unfortunately, but still managed to maintain where I was, so all is good.

Take care all

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@ccco – oh well done! I think you must take the title of ‘Biggest Loser’ this month! 🏆

Last FD for May, but no earth-shattering result, & I expect to be pretty much at the weight I started. Which is good, but the 🍷 has got to go!

If you haven’t had a morning coffee or two yet, maybe you should! ☕️ https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-10867625/Drinking-coffee-slashes-risk-dying-causes-30-sugar.html

Thanks again for hosting @at 💐 I haven’t put you on the list; didn’t want to appear pushy, but feel free to join me 🙂

See you all next month

Pocket List – Day 31 🍋
    @funshipfreddie

Day 31 UK OMAD/FD800?

Yesterday’s FD800 was fine tho supper was a bit late. I skipped quorn chicken with my dal in favour of soya yogurt with my berries, so came in at 710. The scales haven’t budged but I’m feeling less puffy again – it’ll be interesting to see how I weigh & measure on Friday.

Today a friend is coming to supper. I’m aiming for that to be my OMAD – probably salad, dal or chilli with red rice then berries and yogurt – so will keep going on black decaf coffee, fizzy water, marmite tea and peppermint tea until 6pm. It’s all so much easier once i’ve got a couple of FDs under my belt again.

Thank you @at for hosting May – you are always such a wonderful encourager!

@ccco amazing result for this month.Sorry you have been sick – weight loss can be a silver lining

Pocket List – Day 31 🍋
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme

Day 31 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. ZBC today, then hopefully two FDs in a row. Crazy week already!

Lost all my Firefox tabs this morning (yes, I’m lazy). I’m in for June, but got to fly. Already 10 minutes late to work LOL (not really, but 10 mins behind schedule).

Day 31 USA (Illinois) FD

Pretty long travel day yesterday, but home safe and sound. LOADS of laundry (the tropics always leave clothes so damp) and yard work to do today. Also, finally we will open our little backyard pool. That takes a lot of work for DH and me, so it will be easy to fast today.

Scale showed up 3.4 pounds (1.5 kg) so I have work to do.

@michelinme – I saw you’re taking us on for May! Yeah for you! Will see you all over on that side.

Onward and downward.

Day 31 – UK – FD800

Really happy to have completed a good FD500 yesterday and now aiming for a FD800 today 🤞

Weighed again this morning 59kg so down 1.1kg from yesterday morning!!! 😵‍💫 will weigh daily this week for a change to see what happens to the scales over the week……….

8km hike this morning followed by coffee with the usual walking gang and it stayed dry for our walk!

@ccco – Wow down 8.6 lbs for the month – what a star and inspiration to us all!!!
    @linda.b – 1.7kg loss for the month is great – Just .7kg off your goal so June will definitely be your month to reach goal – You can do this!
    @5413.5 – you are heading in the right direction – great to see your commitment to join us in June
    @i-hate-lettuce – You are our poster boy!! you have slayed your inner warthog and have gained control on your NFDs too making maintenance easy
    @funshipfreddie – I will definitely be joining you on that pocket list
    @northgeorgia – I have a feeling that June will be your month…..
    @songbirdme – you and me both have work to do this coming month – we can do this!

Many apologies for my absence on and off during this Nurturing May Challenge – it has been a struggle but so good to see that everyone plays a part in keeping us going THANK YOU all 🤗

Pocket List – Day 31 🍋
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @songbirdme
    @at

I hope to see you all in the June Challenge with @michelinme – I will pop back on later this evening for a final round up and to help keep me on track for my FD800

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

@northgeorgia Your Memorial Day weekend and mine both got all switched around: we were supposed to have only DS30 with us on Sunday evening, and ended up with DS30 and DS25 with us for an unexpected lunch on Monday and then DS25 unexpectedly got the evening off work, so they were both with us for supper on Monday. Lovely day. I ate too much, but not hideously, but the scale is ugly: 150.6 Ugh, ugh, ugh. Today is a full day of piano lessons, so it should be easy enough to have a successful WF, and tomorrow I turn over a new leaf and learn to exercise self-control again.

Perhaps DTF is in order? Or perhaps not since that seemed to encourage out-of-control glasses over the weekend!!

Thanks, @at, for your encouraging words over the month; see you all in June!

Day 31 Melb Australia NFD

Busy month so I’ve not been around much at all. However, I did manage to lose 0.4 kg (0.9 lb), 80.2 to 79.8kg without really trying so I’ll be facing June with much more determination. It’s so good to see a 7 instead of an 8 at the start of my weight, yay!

@at, thanks for being our May host (even if I didn’t appear except at the start 🙂 ).

@michelinme, great that you’ll be our host for next month so I’ll see you in the June thread for successful weight loss.

@snowflake56, do still keep dropping in on the forum occasionally. I’m not really following 5:2, but just checking in does help accountability (despite my absence this month).
    I’m down 7.4 kg over the past 5 months, so averaging about 1.5 kg per month, just quietly doing my own thing. I found for me that trying to do a strict 5:2 actually put pressure on and made me more inclined to overeat on other days. But it’s nice to have somewhere where you can talk about the weight loss journey and know that others are walking the same route (however they’re choosing to get there).

See you all in June!

Day 31 – Ireland – CD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Hello all! Back to work and life and have had a busy time since I came back. France was fabulous and it was so great to get back there after such a long time. I hadn’t realised how much I missed it.
    Making tentative plans to revisit again later in the year but probably Paris catch ups mostly with maybe a trip to the south. Friends and family dotted around the country mean there is always an excuse to visit.
    I have lost my fasting mojo a little along with my exercise and low sugar mojo but will get back there and @i-hate-lettuce thanks for posting your wise words on post holiday efforts a little while ago 💪 you make a lot of sense and I needed to read that then..
    Mum has tested positive with Covid in the past few days which is such a shame as we have kept her safe for so long… although she does not seem to be too badly affected and doesn’t even realise herself so here’s hoping that like many it will just be a case of R&R and she will be back to full physical health🙏 ♥️.
    I’ll be back in June. Thank you @at for hosting May and sorry I’ve been away for most of it..

Day 31 Ohio, US — NFD

Today’s weigh-in gave a reading of 180.6 lb (81.9 kg) down from 182.8 lb (82.9 kg) at the start of the month. My goal was to get below 180 lb (81.6 kg), so I didn’t quite make it. On the other hand, at one point during the month the weight was 184 lb (83.5 kg), so I guess this is a reasonable end of the month weight.

I had some good news today: two weeks ago I had a medical procedure done to take some biopsies. Today I saw the doctor and the results came back that everything was benign. I didn’t realize how stressed out I was about the uncertainty until getting hit with a wave of relief on the car ride home. So I stopped and got a couple of “victory” treats to celebrate. I’m much more relaxed now than I’ve been since the biopsies were first ordered a month ago.

@jaifaim Hope you Mum gets better quickly!

@at Thanks for being a super host this month!

@songbirdme Glad you all made it home safe and sound! Yeah, laundry is always a big post-travel event. I usually wash everything that went with me, just so there aren’t any little house guests from the trip!

See everyone in June!

@matpi – oh so glad to hear that your results were all good! I would celebrate too!!

@at – you are such a terrific host. Oh so supportive and helpful you are! Thanks for caring for everyone so well. 🙂

Thanks for the support!
    See you in June

Day+1 – UK

Well that’s it Nurturing May 2022 Challenge has ended and we are ready to Jump in June Challenge with @@michelinme

Managed to successfully complete my FD800 yesterday and slept like a log……Weight this morning 58.8kg so a much better end to the challenge than expected but still more than where I would like to be!

@betsylee – what a good feeling to wave goodbye to the 80’s and I love your “’ll be facing June with much more determination”
    @jaifaim – sounds like your French holiday was a good one – sorry to hear about your mum testing positive 🤞she has a mild version and recovers soon – see you in June where you will find your lost fasting, exercise and low sugar mojos and YES you will get back there – see you in June
    @matpi – keep going you are doing so well – 1kg down is 1kg down so that’s a win and what a relief to receive positive medical news so June is just waiting for you to JUMP right in and make a difference

To all who participated in the Nurturing May 2022 Challenge I thank you for your support and input and I look forward to seeing you over in JUMP IN JUNE Challenge

Anonymous

Thanks for hosting!

Viewing 46 posts - 351 through 396 (of 396 total)

You must be logged in to reply.