May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 719 total)

• Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Sunday. Going for lunch later with family.

@ciren2 exciting news that the flat sale might finally be done. Fingers crossed v

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@ciren2 – good luck with the sale of your flat! I was so very lucky with the sale of my old place. I put it on the market in March, expecting it to take forever. The day after it officially went on sale, the first couple who came to view it made an offer. And after a little haggling,it was sold! My new place is another story. I made the offer to purchase in January. Still waiting for lawyers, banks and municipalities to do whatever it is they do. Fortunately the current owner lives in another province, so I was able to move in early. Moving is stressful enough, without all the red tape that comes with it. I just hope I don’t have to go through it again.

Best of luck to today’s fasters.

“Fasting is not nearly so deadly as feasting”. J. Harold Smith

Day 26, London, UK, FD

Today, I’m throwing another FD into the mix since I’ve a family BBQ tomorrow to which I will contribute an enormous salad, this should keep me away from everything else on offer!!!

OMAD didn’t go so well yesterday as I broke my fast a bit too early at 3:30 rather than 6:30, the key, of course, is to keep myself busy and hydrated, I don’t think it was hunger just thirst!! I think a full week will make it more of a habit, so I’ll just keep plodding along!

Well I’m off to get a coffee ……………….. black of course!!
    Onward & downwards folks!!

Day 26 UK NFD

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Expecting to do okay today – DAFD will be judicious. Did well yesterday, if I do say so myself.

Onward and downward.

Day 26 Stevensville MD CFD

Today I am staying in control as I prep yummy salads for tomorrows BBQ. Went for beautiful walk early this morning. When you take time to be mindful of this beautiful earth you really see a lot more than you realize.

Just got back from a quick trip to Trader Joe’s, I find it really challenging to shop for food while fasting. I did good and stuck to my list.

Remember to have fun, be you and make someone smile today.

Day 26, UK, FD

Was very busy at work today and a kind colleague prepared me a tuna and cheese salad with dressing that I calculated to have 400cals, which means almost all of my allowance gone by midday – not good as I usually save it all for dinner time.
    Also feeling pretty tired (can’t even go to bed early as I have stuff to do this evening) so will probably have a 200cal soup + egg and vegs to keep me going until later.

Not the perfect FD, but at least Im keeping it controlled.

Onwards and downwards like you fasters say 😊

Day 26 UK NFD
    Day 25 UK EFS

Yesterday was bit EFS albeit with relatively healthy food. But did that tired/don’t drink enough / crave carbs & eat too much thing and ended up having too much to eat – and still wanting more 🙁

Today was not a whole lot better. Really tired despite two early nights & a rest day?! Went into town to meet lovely friend for lunch; struggled to find things I could eat and went with a huge salad and chips…. tho swerved the puddings & cakes 🙂

Feeling wiped and weird – gone backwards to burning joints, headache, breathless, laryngitis. Not sure if it’s allergies, pollution in town or the many-headed virus, but hoping to resurrect with bath and v early bed.

Tomorrow is a bank holiday but aiming to fast – if i feel well- and have a mix of rest, planning & editing. BC i get some project work done I can free myself up a seaside day with DD on Weds 🙂

Last week of the month and the end is in sight. If like me you’ve had set backs this month, remember – all it takes is one day to turn the corner. And you’ll be so glad you made the effort 🙂

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all I have not had a chance to read posts today as we have been on the move.
    Spin 🚲 yesterday was fabulous – 140km
    in perfect weather for long distance and lots of climbing with stunning scenery 👍
    Lots of food and drink were had.
    Here we go into the final days of this merry month of May….

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 26
    Florida
    NFD
    No news. I stayed the same. I guess that’s better then nothing. It is getting hot now and the lovebugs are still here. 🙁
    @rabbette and @snowflake56 for your comments on my photo winning a meritt award. That was fun.

Have a good evening.

Day 26 California. FD
    Day 25 NFD
    Day 24 NFD
    Day 23 FD

I have been trying to get back in the groove since vacation. I have been following this WOE just haven’t been posting each day. When I weighed myself Friday I had gained a pound on vacation which I though was pretty good so now I’m trying to lose that pound plus any amount of extra weight to make any progress towards my May goal. Two more fast days left after this!

Day 27 – Melbourne Aus – FD

I’m falling very behind in posts as life has been pretty hectic, but my thoughts are with everyone of you here!

Friday and Saturday were relatively low sugar (a table spoon of tiramisu Friday, and a small amount of dark chocolate Saturday), though yesterday was a total blowout. Banana muffin with white chocolate, dark chocolate, lots of lamb roast with lots of potatoes, cheese and crackers to finish…did not feel very pleased with myself following that. Oh well, back to it.

Life has been pretty challenging the last few weeks, and these weekend blowouts show the evidence. I’ll keep plugging along, i’m sure the tough times will pass, and I have no doubt the sensible portions will come with it!

Hoping to catch up on posts later, here’s to a new week!

Day 25 – Japan – NFD
    Day 26 – NFD
    Day 27 – WFD

Water fasting today. It wasn’t a good three days since the last fast. I often felt sick to my stomach. Doing better today.

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD!

feeling well, hand almost back to normal. If today’s blood results are good, I’m going to try a much needed FD.

Pocket list day 27

@snowflake56
    @gretta
    @dykask WFD

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I didn’t do too badly over the weekend. No real binging, although I had several beers (0% alcohol) & maybe overdid the cheese & nuts. I’m staying away from the scales until after today’s fast.

It’s just as well the month is almost over; I’m running out of quotes! But this one is quite funny:-

“I’m not a good faster. My friends have visions of God, I have visions of hamburgers. The only time I watch the Food Channel is when I’m fasting. It’s pitiful. We did a 40 day fast. I bought 29 cookbooks. I don’t cook, but the pictures! I bought a deep-fryer and we don’t eat deep-fried food!”
    Bill Johnson

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD?

Feeling tired all the time the past week. Despite early nights. Hay fever?

Not sure if it will be an FD today. There might be a dinner out tonight, if so, it will be tomorrow for the FD. Off to work now, tired, and laden with Mondayitis ☹️

@snowflake56 that is really good news that your hand is almost better.

@michelinme poor you with the never ending virus. Hope you get better soon.

Day 27 UK NFD

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK NFD:

Trying to eat sensibly today….Bank Holiday, so a dangerous time staying at home near the kitchen!
    Have a good day everyone xx

Day 27 UK FD

Going to give FD a go despite bank holiday, waking up with burning joints and wiped out lzy morning in bed, now for gentle yoga and meditation, sunshine with coffee and some editing.

Hopefully FD will help – lots of water, big salad for suppe, vegan kofta kebabs and green vegetables.

@snowflake56 wonderful news about your hand! Hope blood tests are promising x

Day 27, Melb Aust FD800
    Day 26 TDEE
    Day 25 TDEE

After my LFD on Friday, both the weight came down again, plus the self-control has finally kicked in,again,yay! Not sure how much I’ll actually lose this month, as we weigh in very soon and I’ve had a couple of bad weeks. However, I think I’ll be down about a kilo by Friday, so here’s hoping.

@Rabette, how great that your FANCY PANTS now fit!!! I’ve now lost more than 4 inches off my waist (since end November last year), and sadly, but positively, a couple of my favourite blouses are now too big, and way too loose at the bottom. It’s a really good feeling. And, like for you, some of my too small clothes now fit beautifully.

@ciren2, do hope the sale of the flat finally is concluded, to take that major weight off your shoulders.

Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 27 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Wow I forgot how much energy I have on fast days. Yesterday was a good fast day, going to try and stay in control during the BBQ today. Have great day everyone.

Enjoy the beauty of creation.

Day 27 _Atlanta, Ga- USA NFD

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy Memorial Day to all Americans! Thanks to all with family members who gave their lives for our freedom.

Certainly did overeat at a potluck meeting last evening, 2 glasses of White Zinfandel as well … but still at maintenance this morning. Yeah.

Onward and downward.

Day 27- Ireland – NFD

Hi all I am having a tough few days here but good to be here and posting… we don’t have many days left and it’s wet and gloomy here today but hopefully tomorrow will be a brighter day ☀️. I will be fasting for sure👍

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 27 California. NFD

The sun is nowhere to be seen so it’s kind of gloomy here today.

Day 28 – Japan – NFD

I went 40 hours … also did a strength building workout at the end. Time to eat and enjoy. 😀

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

FD went fine, what a relief to be able to do it again.

@ciren2, @daffodil2010 and @michelinme the new diet seems to work, potassium up to 3.9 now, only 0.1 to go so almost there.

@jaifaim hope you’ll have a better day today, take care. Hugs x

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Back to work today after my long weekend including yesterday’s bank holiday. I’ll go in a bit early as I don’t know what I shall find in the way of junk flyers to prep up, as I wasn’t there Saturday (when most of us will do that before coming home).

@dykask: as ever…I admire your strength of will.
    @snowflake56: I’m so glad your new diet is working and that your health is improving. Also, you’re able to fast again!

Hoping for good news on the flat-sale today, or tomorrow. It’s gone on far too long and drained both me and DH.
    See you later. Have a good day xx

Day 28 – Ireland – FD

Good morning all… I’ve been very lax at posting over the past few days but just catching up on posts now as I can’t sleep..
    My relationship is at a turning point unfortunately and I am very sad…we have spent the weekend talking (and cycling) and we’ll see where we go from here. It’s a complex thing… aren’t they all …but we care very deeply about each other and there is no anger or blame…or other person.

Anyway we will work it out but I am very glad to be able to post here as will not yet be involving any friends or family…

I know that in this type of situation my appetite will be zero so the only good thing might be a return to weight loss as I’ve been bouncing around my 166/7 mark.

I had a quick read of the posts and know that some of you are also struggling at the moment… please know that I am thinking of you whether it’s mind or body. 💕

For those doing well – go you!!!! Keep at it – we have only four more days.

Peace and love to you all 💕

Pocket list for today :

@jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Amazingly my weight is staying the same despite a kebab meal with wine last night 😄 Going for the FD today, I really have to, with DH being off work fir the past couple of weeks, it’s like we are on holidays and FD’s are not getting done properly.

I bring him to get a cortisone injection into his shoulder tomorrow and hopefully that will give him relief and back to work next week.

May goal will not be met but I am sticking with you guys and on into June. Has anybody offered to host yet?

@jaifaim Hugs for you my online friend. Take care of yourself. We are here to offer support through the sad times. Hugs 🤗

Pocket list Day 28
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

No change after yesterday’s FD; exactly the same thing happened this time last week though. So I’m still just 0.2kg off my goal. I’m confident I’ll see a change after tomorrow’s FD.

“A little starvation can really do more for the average sick man than can the best medicines and the best doctors.” ~ Mark Twain

Day 28, London, UK, FD

No time to catch-up on posts yet, so this is just a quick check-in from me.

Looking forward to a FD today after the Bank holiday BBQ indulgences ……………. bread, wine, cheesecake …………… Enough said!!!!

Day 28 – Reading, UK FD

It was quite a good weekend, with only one blip. So back to it today. I had your words about not constantly dieting ringing in my ears @ciren2, which helped me feel better when OH insisted on pizza. And so sorry you are in the relationship wars @jaifaim – that’s so difficult. I’ve just bought a book called “If you are in my office its too late”. It’s written by a divorce lawyer about how to improve relationships. Might just be worth a look. It only arrived this morning but the little glance at it before work looked very useful and sensible – but not things I had thought about. It made me realise how little we actively work on the most important things in our life. Big hugs and love, though, it sounds tough. And goodness, j’ai faim!!!!!

Day 28, va, USA, WFD

Super quick check in. Still here after 3 NFDs and Mr. Particular (my scale) is giving me lectures through those numbers! Oy!

Pocket list Day 28
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @rabbette

Day 28 UK FD

extra FD bc yesterday wasn’t. Felt tired, grumpy, anxious, unwell, unstructured – all the things that do for me, did for me! Think i squeaked a CD but only just… lovely supper of vegan kebabs, green veg and sweet potato with coconut cheese, followed by rasperries in soya yogurt with cacao and almonds.

So surprised to be back in the low mind/emotional eating/ treat become habit place, with sugar cravings and wanting to eat fast – all the things I’d left behind a while ago. Just goes to show that things hit us when we are low and mindfulness needed to check in, check out what we’re doing and check our behaviour.

@jaifaim so sorry – this all sounds really tough, and my heart goes out to you. Big hugs to you from here xx

@snowflake56 well done you in seeing it through! here’s to that last 0.1 🙂

@daffodil2010 no volunteers to host yet afaik. Anyone up for it?

Here’s to being present in today, whatever the day brings us x

Pocket List Day 28
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @rabbette
    @michelinme

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Friend coming over for lunch, and she is bringing the food! The menu sounds healthy. She’s a teacher in my town, but I know her from church. I made soup for us last winter, and I hear she has soup again, plus salad. Will be delightful.

Yoga tonight – this teacher is especially cognizant of our back pain and issues in this class. Oh so helpful!

Onward and downward.

@jaifaim: I’m so sorry you are having such a sad time. I hope it all works out for you both. Love and ((hugs)) xx

Yay! The flat is SOLD! No more driving down to Southampton to cut the grass, check for blockages in the drains, clear up after tenants (ours and others) yippee…free at last!

@michelinme: Hang on in there….you’ll feel better soon xx

Day 28, va, USA, WFD
    2nd Post

3NFD’s ummmmm yeah, can we say “need more self control on NFDs?” Yeah. Sometimes I’m way better at playing that game, but this weekend, I was not. Nope had beers and doughnuts and margaritas (did go dancing for 5 hours straight) but obviously was not enough to keep the scales from tipping a bit unfavorable.

Thats ok tho, just going to reset and show my body a bit of self control.

I will say Water Fasting today I am tons more hungry. I can see why folks always assume that WF is difficult. It would be if every WFD felt like today. Jeeez give me some food for my belly already! Ha.

@funshipfreddie – you had beers with 0% alcohol! Well I’m not sure I would even have the beer then…. Liked your Bill Johnson quote, made me laugh (because I could relate to it)!

@michelinme – you darling soul, I sure hope you soon find some relief. The kebabs sound lovely.

@betsylee – woot woot 4-inches! Yay. I know my scale number went up, but the fancy pants still fit!.

@songbirdme – good job on still maintaining. I’m glad to be a part of this message board to get the wisdom of this being a WOL.

@jaifaim – awe, relationships have ebbs and flows. I wish you the best through this process.

@daffodil2010 – kebabs! Second person I read about having Kebabs – you guys make me want some too!

@ciren2 – yay on the flat being SOLD!

To all my fasters, getting back on that blasted wagon. Worry not about falling off, instead just enjoy the ride, bumps and all.

Day 28 – Eastern WA USA – WFD

After the Memorial Day weekend retreat, going for 3 FDs. The temperature is warming up outside, and I think WFDs will be easier. Will just take it one day at a time. @rabbette, as you say, part of the journey is to embrace the bumps and all. I was pleased that at each meal, I decided consciously what I would enjoy and what I would not eat. For example, one meal had mashed potatoes and rolls. I chose a small amount of potatoes as a treat and skipped the rolls in an attempt at minimizing the carbs. I did have some great conversations with various folks, and ate at different tables for each meal. It was a blessing to connect with a variety of people in this region and looking forward to connect with some further.

@jaifaim – I appreciate your kindness as you host this month. I’m sorry you’re going through some rough waters relationally. May you get some wise counsel to help you make some healthy choices – perhaps with the help of friends, a book or two, some in person counseling… Will be praying.

@ciren2 – so glad your apartment saga is over! Hopefully that’ll lift some stress 🙂

@at – hope you’re doing well. I see by the spreadsheet that you’re still around.

Pocket List Day 28
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @rabbette
    @michelinme
    @annemarilyn

3rd post

@annemarilyn – nice job. I too have been making better choices and enjoying the choices. Even if I splurged a bit these past 3 days. I’m ok with that… its all about being ok with the choices.

I used to feel bad about food. Now I CAN have my cake AND eat it too. Just not everyday.

—- Today WF started out a bit rough, I was feeling super hungry with the beginning of this particular fast. Now I’m feeing much better and loving my water!

Although, I won’t lie, I just cut up a whole bunch of fresh veggies (onions, celery, yellow squash, carrots, brussel sprouts and I have them in a water sautee style and boy do they smell – A-Frek-In-Mazing! Not sure if its wrong to give into vegtables haha.

Day 28. California. FD

It was a rocky start to this FD but in the end I survived .

@jaifaim I’m so sorry for your heartache. Hugs.

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Hoping I’ll have reached my goal after today’s FD 🤞

@rabbette – I know what you mean re the beer. I would have been content with my zero calorie sparkling apple juice! But I can at least create the illusion of being sociable during get-togethers, & the real drinkers don’t become quite so hostile. It looks & tastes like real beer; and at only 80 calories per bottle, that’s around half the calories of the genuine stuff. So, at least during the Challenge anyway, it seems like a good idea. Once the first week was over with (4 months ago?!) I really haven’t missed the booze. I just feel better all round.

@ciren2 – well done! So happy for you after your flat sale!

“I’m kind of like a middle mix between a warrior diet and a Paleo diet, so I only eat once a day and it’s at night – so kind of like interval fasting. But I eat until I’m full, I eat as much as I want, and I really don’t eat anything that you couldn’t find, you know, 10,000 years ago.” ~ Ronda Rousey (American professional wrestler)

Day 29, Emden Germany, NFD

@jaifaim I’m so sorry you and your OH have to go through such rough and sad times, my heart goes out to you. Hugs xxx

@michelinme it’s not easy to get back in track when your mind isn’t into it. Do you plan to go on eating vegan next month? Take care x

@ciren2 that’s good news, you must be so happy now!

Day 29 – Ireland – FD

Hi everyone and thanks for your very kind words and support. It really means so much and it also feels like a safe place where I can honestly say what’s going on in my life at this point which is all very new..I will chat to one of my good friends but just need to get everything straight in my head first..i have some fantastic, supportive friends but once these things are said in the real world it is harder to get back to normal if that is a possibility. I’m not sure it is… but we are helping each other get our heads round what we want for our futures and I am so very grateful to you.

I ended up not fasting… a friend looked for my company at lunch and it was good to get away from my desk, where, frankly, I was getting nothing done! God life is so complicated.. I then had Tayto crisp sandwiches for tea….with leftover packs from our trip at the weekend. The rest will be binned today!

@snowflake56 I am so glad hear your good news on your hand. That is just fantastic! Well done you!

I’m going for another FD today… I think I can do it.. will be much busier in work which is a good thing for many reasons and busy this evening too 👍

I hope you all have a good day today. We can do this!

Pocket list for today:
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Also @ciren2 I’m so glad to hear that you have the burden of the Southampton flat off your shoulders! That is such a relief! 👏

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Thanks @rabbette, @annemarilyn, @funshipfreddie, @snowflake56 for your good wishes re the sale of our rental flat. Yes, I’m HAPPY! It’s like a burden off our shoulders. It was first put on the market last August, the last tenant left in November and we’ve had our very tenacious buyer (bless his heart) clinging on in there through thick and thin since then! He’s gone through three lenders and two solicitors during that time!! But, hey, persistence finally pays off.

@jaifaim: Stay strong….lucky FD today for YOU xx

Must fly….time to go to work, see you later.

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yay, completed an FD yesterday and feel good. I am off today as taking DH to the clinic for a cortisone injection which should hopefully give his shoulder socket relief for the first time since November.

@ciren2 and yay for your flat sale. Fantastic news and such a relief.

Have a great Wednesday everyone

Day 29 – Reading, UK – FD

I’m doing the best I can, even though it’s hardly a stellar effort. I got so hungry yesterday and didn’t fast in the evening. Back to it today. Last push to the end of the month. Positive vibes to fasters and non-fasters alike with all that life throws our way.

Day 29, London, UK, NFD

I’ve a leaving do to attend this evening for a colleague who’s moving on to pastures greener. There will be food & wine, but after yesterday’ successful 500cal OMAD and in anticipation of tomorrows 500cal OMAD; I’m going to imbibe & indulge without fear!!!!

@jaifaim, I hope things work out for ‘the best’, whatever ‘the best’ turns out to be.

@daffodil2010, I think I might need a cortisone injection myself, I’m struggling to lift my left arm sideways above shoulder height, typically, I just thought I’d slept badly ………………………….. but that was 6 months ago!!!!

@funshipfreddie, I hope that you see May’s goal achieved tomorrow. I’ll be noting my results on 1st June, although I KNOW I won’t make my goal …………………………. Not unless I amputate something anyway!!!!

I think we’ve lost a few members or perhaps they’re lurking, but not posting? Pages 12 & 13 cover 6 days, maybe everyone is on their summer hols already!!!

Onward & Downwards folks!!! Stay strong, the finish line (temporary one) is in sight!!!!

Day 29 Herefordshire U.K. NFD

I’m sorry I keep dropping of the radar. Life got busy with family visiting and everyone enjoying the festivals that have arrived in our small town. Still have DD and SIL here but things have quietened down. Food intake has been on the indulgent side so Friday will be another re set!

@jaifaim – sad to hear of your turmoil but hoping for the very best outcome for you both. Take care x

@snowflake56 – great to hear you’re getting back to normal and fasting. Well done!

@ciren2 – I can feel your relief, congratulations on the flat sale.

@michelinme – sorry to hear you are still out of sorts hoping there are some restorative sunny clouds on the horizon very soon.

@ktcaroline – good luck and fingers crossed for your best, super positive effort today.

Must go the neglected garden calls.
    Have a good day all.
    Ta x

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.