May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 719 total)

• Day 29 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Yesterday ended up being a fast day between doctor visits blood work and getting our ducks in a row financially was a bit over whelming to say the least.

Monday turned out to be a great BBQ I choose to engage more with family instead of food. It reminded me how self discipline can be so rewarding.

Love and compassion are necessities not luxuries, without the humanity cannot survive.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 29 UK NFD

Day 29 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 28 CD

Going okay, with a few blips. Won’t have lost much this month, maybe 1 kg by the end of this week perhaps. Winter has come upon us with a bang (and it’s not officially winter here until June 1st – I know, slightly different seasons to some other places). But, late May and it reached a maximum of 10.6 degrees, with the wind chill factor meaning it felt like 4 degrees (which I think is about 38-40 degrees Fahrenheit?). Brr! After a seasonally warm early May, we’ve been hit by an icy blast straight up from Antarctica, and does that make me feel like fasting? I think not. Therefore the FD became a NFD, but I don’t have to go out tomorrow, so am planning a FD then with lots of lovely soup.

@ciren2, so glad to read that the flat has FINALLY sold, taking such a major weight off yours and OH’s shoulders.

@jaifaim, sharing your sadness at the relationship breakdown, and trusting for you to be strengthened through the fallout, however it all pans out.

@michelinme, you poor thing, yet another lurgy has caught you. That’s just not fair – you have been battling illness now for a couple of months. I’ll be praying for the better weather to aid your recovery.

@snowflake56, great that your potassium has come up so well. Are you generally feeling better?

Forget – @daffodil2010, was it your OH who had to have a shoulder injection? Is he doing okay?

@funshipfreddie, hope you lose that last 0.1 kg by the end of May. Enjoy the quotes you post! 🙂

Let’s make the race to the finish line of May a good one!

Rainy times during the deliveries today…but it’s a funny week. Bank Holiday Monday has thrown the usually heavy Wednesday off course….no doubt tomorrow will be the heavy day, but hopefully a dry one.
    @daffodil2010
    @dingping: Thanks both…yes RELIEF!

Do we have anyone volunteering to do June yet?

Day 29. California. NFD

@betsylee: It’s pretty cold here today too!

Day 29 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Made it through a good WFD yesterday, and continuing on to day 2. One of my enjoyable beverages is a little flavored vinegar in some sparkling water; so refreshing.

Yes, our ranks have slimmed a fair bit. Hopefully folks check in periodically. @dingping – glad to see you’re doing okay.

Day 29 pocket list:
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @ktcaroline
    @annemarilyn

Day 29, VA, USA, WFDx2

Yesterday I decided to have those lovely veggies I cut up for dinner. It was just pure veggies with a squeeze of lemon juice salt and pepper. I figured if I can’t feel like I can indulge in veggies (when can I indulge?) When I woke this morning I took a ketone reading and my ketones still went up AND the weight still went down. I fight with veggies!

Today will probably work out to be just water, I have a late class to teach and I don’t like eating after that class, so easy peasy as far as that goes. Then tomorrow will be a dinner get together with friends.

I’m making the dessert (a vegan low sugar awesomeness) Chocolate chip peanut butter bars. Funny thing is, when I said I would make these 2 weeks ago I was pretty psyched to eat them. Now, I’m like hummmmm what dessert would I be psyched to eat? And truth be told this is the FIRST time I have EVER struggled with wanting to make a dessert to eat. I mean there are TONS of cake stuff I don’t eat, bc I’m just not interested in cake. BUT cookies/bars/brownies usually that is a grade A in my book. Right now tho, I can’t believe it, but it feels like just a meh…. HOLY crap, get me to a doctor, Stat! Especially growing up as a baker and had a Dad who loved to bake! I’m really feeling a disconnect to my former self – in a good way and in an unfamiliar way.

@betsylee – I won’t have lost a good amount either, but hey WE didn’t gain! AND we may have still lost inches (I know I did with those fancy pants I was trying on the other day!) AND wow cold already!

@ciren2 – ah yes a dry day to deliver mail would be helpful. Fingers crossed for you.

@annemarilyn – I can see tumble weeds roll by right now on this thread – haha

Day 29 pocket list:
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @ktcaroline
    @annemarilyn
    @rabbette B2B

I’ll have you know my fellow pocketers, I read…
    Day 29 ‘rocket’ list!
    Lets go blast off the end of this month with a BANG!

Day 27, UK, NFD
    Day 28, NFD
    Day 29, FD

Had a few NFDs well over TDEE, with plenty of fatty meat and booze but back on track today (saving all my calories for this evening, which works best for me). Only one more FD left, hopefully it will go well and I will hit my target for this month (2kg loss).

Onwards and downwards 😊

Day 29 USA (Illinois) FD

Decided to do a FD today, so joining the pocket list. This weekend is my P.E.O. Convention in Peoria, so there will be banquets or equivalent each day. Need to keep up my maintenance!

Day 29 pocket list:
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @ktcaroline
    @annemarilyn
    @rabbette B2B
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 29 UK NFD

Good reset FD yesterday – yay!!! What a difference a day makes! Plenty busy, lots of water, black coffee & OMAD supper of quorn chicken in a spinach & tomato sauce with a little red carmargue & wild rice and a sprinkling of vegan cheese… a bit like a vegan risotto but not much rice. Yummy, and hugely filling.

Up early today & out to the seaside for rare day out with DD. Not the easiest day to go out but v glad I did 🙂 Weather pretty poor so day rather revolved around food & drink stops…. nice mooch around charity shops & market, coffee with a view, chips on the pier,late pub lunch with old friends and their young son then a sprint back to London for confirmation service with the bishop!

I reverted to vegetarian bc easier…and still stuffed full of my halloumi & portobello mushroom burger on gf seedy bun with salad – and more chips! – a pint of bitter at lunch then a glass of prosecco with the bishop. Lots of indulgence in one day but sometimes that’s what happens 🙂

I’ve put on weight in May as lost 3 weeks to virus. One more FD to go tomorrow, and hoping I might end up back at my previous 144 plateau. And then June is another month to reset and hope for good health and back into the routine…

@snowflake56 thinking i might continue vegan at home and vegetarian when out – so much easier for others, and for finding food I can eat -esp as also gf. I definitely eat far more vegetables as a vegan, and – with honourable exceptions like today! – it’s also been easier to cut down my carb consumpmtion. I’ve hardly made bread in the last month, and not missed it. Rarely eat grains, occasional red /wild rice or lentil-flour pasta. No idea why, it’s just easier!

@ciren2 @dingping @betsylee thank you so much for your kind wishes. I’m getting there! Today was definitely a better day 🙂
    @ciren2 congratulions on selling your flat – freedom!!
    @daffodil2010 hope DH injection went well today
    @annemarilyn i love elderflower or blackberry vinegar in sparkling water – or with boiling water when feeling chilly. Everyone thinks i’m mad!
    @diana123 how lovely to be sharing your quotes again 🙂 x
    @jaifaim go gently x

May is coming to an end, and with it the lovely @jaifaim‘s hosting duties…We need a host for next month’s challenge! No experience necessary – just a commitment to check in each day and encourage people. You don’t need all the answers – this wise group are happy to chip in and answer questions. I hosted a couple of months last year and can testify that it’s an interesting and a rewarding thing to do. Any volunteers?

Day 29 – Second post

Hi all… I’ve had a better day today and a very definite FD thankfully!
    Thank you all of your support 💕 One day at a time…

I hope that everyone is doing ok… you’re right @flourbaby this thread is quite quiet right now… hopefully we have lots of lurkers who are reading but not posting… that’s perfectly fine and each of us has our own method and also other stuff going on but it would be great to hear how everybody is doing as we approach the end of this month.

It has been my absolute pleasure to host this month and it really doesn’t require much work – just a check in from time to time but then everyone else helps to answers questions and welcomes newcomers too so it’s really just to make sure that we tick over from one month to the next…

I have not done too well in terms of weight loss but I dread to think 🤔 where I’d be if I hadn’t hosted… May and the summer months are my biggest challenge so checking in has kept me somewhat level
    at least… ⚖️

So for all those who started or joined in May (@aglowworm,@Alisa253,@Andyrou!,
    @annemarilyn,@Arelkade,@AT,@basyjames,@Beedoo,@Bellyblast,@Betsylee,@biddieV, @bluesqueak,@Borealis,@BrightonBelle, @catch87, @CathyEs, @ccco,@Ciren2, @coda, @cornish-jane,@Daffodil2010 , @debster251, @dingping, @dj757575, @dykask, @emma Taylor, @excelsior12309, @faceache1,@Flourbaby,@Funshipfreddie,@Georgia83,@Gretta,@HiEiren,@kaywesterman,@KTCaroline,@LEW,@Lilymartin,@mapti, @metatauta, @mia139, @michelinme, @missybear, @mogaman @northerndawn
    @rabbette, @rafiki44, @redrockgirl302,
    @russetfox, @shelliz, @shimmera, @shinything @snowflake56, @songbirdme,
    @stephsie, @therealwil78,
    @tnicci,@VeganGirl, @wacm, @xiem, @yvette Hamilton – hopefully I didn’t miss someone out) let’s have one final push for the last two days and we’ll see where we are all at on Friday/Saturday depending on when you weigh…

And to the old timers who we haven’t seen here for a while I hope you’re out there and keeping well 💕

We can do this 💪 .

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Weight has gone up (i’m sure, haven’t weighed in a week or so), and feeling like i’m falling off the wagon.

Had a good FD on monday, but flew over to Adelaide for the day yesterday to attend the oncology session with my grandma, and that has rattled me a bit. Going for another FD today, though it may be 800cal to allow myself some extra milky tea and miso soup thoughout the day.

Work has been swamping me so have been struggling to keep up with posts, but my thoughts are with everyone here!

Must remember – If I quit now, I will be soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

Last but one day of May. My weight remains in the 64k zone, stable but no FDs and at least 10k over what I should be for my (shorty) height! As long as it doesn’t rise, I’m ok-ish with it. However my main aim, if I can’t get back on the wagon, is to cut out (or down on) sugary things!
    Got to leave for work now….see you later.

Who’s ready to volunteer for June, anyone? As @jaifaim says….there’s not much to it.

Day 29 & 30 – Japan – NFD

2nd post
    @jaifaim I just read your post from a couple of days ago, so sorry to hear. We’re here for you if you ever need – big hugs

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

@dingping nice to hear from you! Planned to do a bit of weeding in the garden, but it’s raining.

@betsylee one kilo isn’t that bad, it’s a kilo that’s gone! I feel way better now, I’m having much more energy. It could be because I hardly eat any sugar.

@michelinme what a lovely day you had yesterday! You seem to have found a WOE that works for you. We can work on shredding more kilos together next month, I gained and look chubby atm.

@gretta how is your grandma doing? I’m joining you on your fast today.

Pocket list day 30, who wants to join us?

@gretta
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30, Canberra, NFD

Hello everyone! Remember me? The person who was going to get back into 5:2 this month. And didn’t.

Noting you don’t have a volunteer to host June, I’ll do it! Talk about a public commitment to get back into this WOL. 🙂

What say you all?

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

I won’t get near May goal but will try to be at same weight as start of month. Almost there yesterday morning but yesterday’s NFD complete with coffee and cake with DH after his injection and other ‘day off work’ treats has pushed that further away.

So he felt stiff but no pain yesterday and we were hopeful that it worked but unfortunately the pain arrived overnight (anaesthetic wore off I guess). He is going to take it easy and make a decision about returning to work on Sunday. DH has really been through the wars this last year 😱

Last FD of May. Keep on keeping on. Still on my size 10’s, but that stubborn extra 10lbs from last September is stuck on!!

Yes @rabette, there are tumbleweeds blowing through this forum which is not a good sign. When I first hosted in February 2018 there were so many of us that the month finished with nearly 33 pages of contributions 😄 I hosted last September too but I think page count was going down by then. So many have dropped out.

As I find daily posting (as much as possible) to be helpful in keeping on track, when the posting stops, often so does the accountability. When I did the Dukan Diet there was a great forum with a great bunch of people, but one by one, we started dropping off. Me too, and resulted in gaining back 30lbs of the 50 I had lost.

That forum is silent now.

So in the spirit of keeping things moving I will offer to host June. I can’t commit to posting everyday at the weekend but will certainly try to keep a check. I wil set up the June forum later, try to get the spreadsheet up and running, so that we have somewhere to go from Saturday 1st June.

Let’s do this guys.

2nd post

@penz……hey you!!!! Welcome back. And YES, thanks you for committing to host June!! YAY!!!!

So I will do July hosting…summer is getting brighter.

Day 30 – Ireland – FD

Hi all… it will be a NFD for me today as I have a family lunch today. It’s confirmation season here so it will be a lovely day but no hope of fasting..
    @gretta thank you so much.. We continue to work out what the future might be and have committed to take a couple of months to do that… can’t thank you all enough for your support 🤗 (hugs)💕 . It makes days like today with my family much easier!
    I hope that you get through the tough time at work and sending you strength as you support your grandmother during her treatment 🙏 also thinking of @stephsie who had stressful times in work too recently and @matpi too. Hope you’re all doing ok!
    @snowlake56 I can feel your energy – that’s amazing 👏
    @ciren2 I’m so impressed at your dedication to this WOL – have to admit I’ve lapsed a little this month with sugar, had a few more drinks than previous months and have not had stellar FDs but next month is a new start so we can reset? You up for it?
    @penz you are brilliant! Thanks so much for volunteering to host next month. You will find intro text at the front of this thread back on page 1 that you can copy and edit (penzify it 😂) so that you don’t have to recreate the wheel.
    And @daffodil2010 for July – we are sorted for the Summer 🎉 ☀️

We can do this 💪 . Good luck to the Thursday fasters!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 30 Herefordshire U.K. NFD

Going to eat sensible low carb foods in preparation for fasting tomorrow. Gardening again today.

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD
    I was struggling a little by 1pm with yesterday’s FD; but I stayed away from food & went for a looong walk along the sea front instead. I finished up clocking +15,000 steps for the day.
    It was worth it; I finally hit my target! In fact I exceeded it a little, as the scales showed 71.7kgs this morning.

@betsylee – We’re also on the brink of winter in South Africa; although it feels like it’s been here for a while already. Can’t complain though; we have awesome winter days in Kwazulu-Natal, with mostly blue skies and temperatures in the low – mid 20’s°C. It’s just the nights that can get cold.

Best wishes if you’re fasting today.

“You train your heart to control your body. That’s what you do when you fast.”
    ~ Nouman Ali Khan

Day 30 – Reading, UK – FD

I was about to volunteer for next month, although I am on holiday for half June, so probably not the best. I’m relatively inexperienced, but maybe committing to hosting would be a good way of embedding this WOL. If you don’t mind a newbie, I can do August. Meanwhile, back in fasting land, I did more of a CD yesterday, and starting to think I’m not going to make my goal for May. But will keep on keeping on. Loving all your inspirational posts. This is a little oasis of health and discipline in a world that seems to be just the opposite most of the time.

ha ha @daffodil2010 – for a split second I thought “phew, I’m off the hook!” And thanks @ktcaroline – great to have a succession plan. The next quarter of 2019 is in good hands!

Day 30, London, UK, FD

Late check-in from me today, I’ve a lot to catch-up on at work. Last nights’ leaving do was a quiet dignified affair with 3 glasses of wine and the usual pub taster platters. I wasn’t too naughty though!!!

So today I’m fasting 500cals OMAD, and that’s that!!!

Welcome back (again!) @penz, my fellow (whisper it) peanut butter fan, thank you for offering to host June. I’m having a ‘procedure’ done on the 19th then 2 weeks off work, I’ll need all the help I can get from my fellow challengers being stuck at home ………………… fasting at home isn’t something I’ve mastered just yet!!!!

Congratulations @funshipfreddie!!!! June is my target month to set a goal and achieve it! I’ll try to get this WOL under my belt once and for all ………………………. No sneaky detours allowed, I’m planning to pull my finger out, stop faffin’ around, set my path, and stick to it!!!! Your description of a South African winter is slightly depressing to those of us who can blink and miss summer!

Well, back to work and water, I’m aiming to drown some dragons today and enjoy a lovely broccoli & stilton soup tonight.

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 30 Belfast FD

Sorry for the prolonged absence. I’ve sorta been taking a break from technology and taking time to catch up on chores, taking in favourite clothes ( yes, despite fluctuating weight on maintenance, my shape is changing for the better). Also, a new bathroom is now fully installed. I’ve also done an audit of ‘me’, resulting in me resigning from my volunteering role ( I was supporting people who had become isolated for various reasons) because I realised that I had no contact with any staff from the organisation and was missing company myself. I shall look around for an alternative. I’ve also ditched my new yoga class; if I’m honest, it wasn’t not mindful enough, so I’m on the hunt for a new instructor.

@Rabette – in my youth I was a big drinker at weekends but I’ve never really drank during weekdays. As I’ve got older I drink less and less and feel the better for it. However, OH is still a big drinker, as are some of our friends, which puts pressure on me (self induced, I have to add) to keep up. As you so rightly say, not good for the calories or the nibbles that always seem to slide their way in! Btw I missed the link for the brain games. Can you repost? My friend is troubled with restless legs and she takes quinine tabs for it. That seems to be a success.
    @ciren2 – hope you finally get a solution to your problem (was going to say ‘get to the bottom of it’ but that would have been a terrible pun!) that sort of pain is no joke, particularly in your profession. Glad OH is on the mend too. Xo
    So glad you’re on the mend @snowflake.
    @EmmaTaylor – loved the sound of your trip. It sounds amazing. I’m a big fan of bus travel. It means everyone can enjoy the scenery.
    @at – no mum should have to bury their child. Hugs to you and your friend.
    @michelinme – I loved your last paragraph about being compassionate to ourselves. We all need a treat every now and then. It’s knowing when to stop!

I’ve only got to day 17 and have to go now.. so I’ll post now and catch up on the rest later. And yes… I did miss you all!

Day 30 UK NFD

Off on holiday so calling it time on the May challenge I have done dreadfully – mainly due to drinking too much at the weekends but lots of other bad habits have crept in too. Although I’m not great at posting myself I really do enjoy reading the posts particularly the American and Irish contingent who always make me smile So taking a break but hope to catch up on my return on 21/06 Thanks everyone xx

Day 30, VA, USA, CD? Maybe FD?

I was WIDE AWAKE all night!!!! I should have been a night security guard. I am super surprised that I did not sleep one wink. Nada. Nothing. This is new for a fasting evening. Let me TELL you how long the night feels when you have been fasting for 2 days??? Ummm yeah. Ok.

I’ve not really tried a CD, The plan is to start with WF and then tonight I have a pot luck dinner I am attending. The food is cook out items. So there is going to be the regular grill stuff along with homemade Mac and cheese and pasta salad and bacon cream cheese pinwheels *Things that I would not eat at home, but after 3xFDs the tides are always tricky. I could be not interested OR eat the *hole out of a skunk. (Sorry thats a terrible expression that I picked up from my parents) but so fitting right now.

@debster251 – Thats about the gist of it. I don’t really drink during the week and on the weekend, my SO gets to making cocktails and what not and I can say no about 1/2 the time. Which is I guess better than none of the time. Here is one of the “Brain Games” or “Brain Breaks” http://brainbreaks.blogspot.com/2009/03/thumb-and-pinkie.html.

@brightonbelle – have a lovely vacation!

I feel like I need to be on a pocket list for my CD more than even my FD… but if I fly off the rails I’m not gonna stress about it.

Onward and Downward as you fasters say!

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday right about 400 calories. My FD meal (usually about 1700) always has protein, salad and some fats. Oh and salt… I am a salt lover.

@penz to the rescue! Yeah for you coming back to us in the nick of time to host for June.

I love this forum. I learn so much about other parts of the world, food, struggles, and people in general.

Onward and downward.

Hi All. I’m so sorry that I have been AWOL for most of this month. It has been a really difficult month with a lot of family issues gong on. I am still here and I would like to still be a part of this forum and the monthly challenge in June if possible, but I’m finding it really difficult to commit at the moment due to a lot of my life being in chaos!

Day 30 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

For no particular reason I am struggling this month. I have tried to compensate for undisciplined NFDs by doing more and lower calorie than usual FDs and it has just gone wrong….I’ve been bad tempered on FDs and more hungry on NFDs and feeling like I’m spiralling out of control. I’ve even been having thoughts of taking some time out of 5:2. Dreading the end of May weigh in as I know I have gained, my waist feels flabby, doubt I am still in my maintenance weight range. I’m doing a 800 FD today and hoping for better control over the weekend……or should I just enjoy an indulgent weekend and see how I feel next week/month 🤔 I really do feel like I’m losing the plot! Almost 2 years of 5:2 and really surprised to have suddenly lost my mojo.

@jaifaim so sorry that you are experiencing relationship difficulties, may whatever decision you make take you on a path to future happiness….. and thank you for keeping this thread alive. Hugs xxx

Hope everyone sees better results on the scales than me as we exit May 🤗

Day 30 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

In my life with so many unknowns and things happening that I can’t control, it feels good to have control with this WOL. I feel like I am back in the groove. Weigh in tomorrow and feeling lighter, will see.

You don’t have a right to the cards you believe you should have been dealt. You have an obligation to play the hell out of the ones you’re holding.

Have a great day everyone.

@missybear. You have just described how I feel. I’m in the biggest crabby mood today ( I’m not that moody generally) and I’ve had to apologise to my husband several times for snapping. And it’s a FD which has just gone west. And I look flabby. Yeeeruch.
    I think I need to go and do some reading to brainwash myself back into the right frame of mind…

Day 30 UK FD

Yay for FD after all those chips and alcohol of yesterday!

PJ day as getting dressed seemed like a step too far! Every joint is screaming and nothing’s helped so going gently bc otherwise i just get grumpy and make poor decisions. A quick sort of wardrobe & scarves for friend going to charity shop, caught up with laundry and sorted shopping. Stocking up on green veg & vegan protein I complained I’m eating too many vegetables bc the fridge empties out so quickly. My friend couldn’t stop laughing at the idea of too many veg 🙂

Done some good editing on one project ahead of deadlines next week, need to send a wodge of emails on a couple of other projects but I think that’s it for today – my body simply wants to rest. Early supper, epsom salt bath and bed by 8.30pm ready for the morrow.
    @penz welcome back to May – & thanks for volunteering to host June! Nothing is guaranteed to keep you on the waggon than being Host!
    @daffodil2010 yay for hosting July @ktcaroline yay for hosting August! (I first hosted with only 5 months undre my belt & it was a wonderful learning curve. i’m sure you’ll be fabulous!) Challenges are set fair for the summer quarter 🙂
    @funshipfreddie congratulations on hitting your May goal – epic result!
    @debster251 good to hear from you. Great job with the self-audit – an amazing challenge in itself. And yay for taking in clothes 🙂
    @jaifaim hope today’s family day goes well – yes, confirmation season est arrivee! x
    @gretta so glad you were able to be with your Grandma for her oncology appt. And not surprised it’s distracted from fasting. Hope today’s FD goes well. This WOL has ups & downs Because it’s a Way of Life, not a diet. Here we learn to roll with it, reset with another FD. And onwards… x
    @snowflake nowt wrong with taking time out to take good care of our health. We can now take our chubbier, healthier selves happily off into June and encourage each other – gently! 🙂
    @missybear @emmataylor you’re not alone in having a strangely difficut May! Do join @snowflake56 and me in our chubby-challenge reset in June 🙂
    @ciren2 “as long as it doesn’t rise, I’m ok with it” – that’s my definition of success! 🙂
    @brightonbelle happy travels 🙂
    @aglowworm sorry you’ve had such a difficult month. Hope your family things settle down gently
    @diana123 love your quote – thank you x

Pocket List Day 30 – stronger together!

@gretta
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @rabbette (or CD)
    @missybear
    @emmataylor
    @michelinme

@penz: What a STAR….coming right back in to host for June. Thanks xx

…..and @daffodil2010….July taken care of too, thanks to you as well. For a minute I was wondering if the forum might die….unthinkable after all this time!

I’ve started a little notebook diary of “naughty foods”. Writing them down on a daily basis may curb (some of) my sugar-dragon attacks. Who knows? Worth a try. The worst time is when I get back from work.

Day 30 – Eastern WA USA – FD#3 in a row

Giving it my best to get a 3rd FD. For the 1st 48 hours I kept it a water fast, then one of my “fauxbucks” the 2nd evening. Today I’m keeping it to liquid, coffee with a little cream & water so far. Planning on some more flavored vinegar and sparkling water (a shrub, I think it’s called). You sound like you have some yummy flavors too @michelinme. I’ve also been having some chicken bone broth going in the crockpot. Will probably have at least 1/2 a cup of that at some point.

@dingping – yes, I too find that eating low carb ahead is a great preparation for a successful FD.

Wonderful that @penz has volunteered for June, @daffodil2010 for July, and @ktcaroline for August! Summer is taken care of!

@debster251 – That’s encouraging that your “shape is changing for the better”. As we know, the scale doesn’t tell the whole story.

@brightonbelle – Do enjoy your holiday! We’ll be here to welcome you back!

@aglowworm – Welcome! Sorry for the chaos. I hope things will be resolved and life will get more peaceful.

Glad we’re on this journey together forum friends!

Day 31, Aus, NFD

I am so pleased you remembered my peanut butter obsession, FlourBaby. Pleased? Maybe embarassed! I took my aging dog to the vet the other day and they gave her a spoonful of peanut butter to lick. Smooth peanut butter, not crunchy. Gee, don’t they teach these vets anything?!

Get ready for a new month tomorrow!

Day 31 – Japan – WFD

Working on water fast #39 in 2019.

Day 31 – Ireland – Final FD of May

Hi all… I’m aiming for a FD today but will see how it goes…lovely family day yesterday with good food and just one glass of wine 🍷.

So it looks like the summer is sorted 😄 @penz looking after June (and the challenge is up for us now – thank you!!) @daffodil2010 for July, and @ktcaroline for August. Thank you all so much! Let’s hope it’s a good summer for everyone both the posters and those behind the scenes. You are an amazing group of people and I’m so very glad to be a part of this online community 💕.

@brightonbelle enjoy your holiday! We will be here when you get back and look forward to seeing you then 👋
    @debster251 it’s fab to have you back! It sounds like you’ve had a busy time of it… i find it hard to switch away from technology completely partly because of this forum 😂 but there is no doubt that it is hood for our souls to go back to basics from time to time 👍
    @flourbaby – we’ll be here for you 👍 and I think many people are going to use June to reset…

@aglowworm it sounds like you are going through a really rough time… don’t put yourself under pressure – we are here whenever you want to post or just check in and read … sending you strength to deal with the tough stuff 💕

@missybear I’d say there is no harm taking a break for the weekend and enjoy not counting the cals and start June afresh in Monday… we have our whole lives to get this right and there’s no doubt that, as with everything in life, we have good times and bad times 👍
    @emmataylor i wasn’t crabby yesterday but felt pudgy even though I know I am actually much slimmer now… our heads have a lot to answer for!!
    @ciren2 – good idea noting down the foods that derail you! I have a few of those bit notoriously bad at just forgetting, moving on and then it happens again and again and….
    @rabbette oh no… the whole night??? I’m not sure that’s ever happened to me although I come close last Friday… and before my long spin 🚲… I hope you got better sleep last night 💤
    @diana123 they are very wise words!! We just do the best we can with what we’ve got 👍.
    @michelinme – I’m with you for chubby-challenge reset in June 😂
    @anne-marilyn it sounds like a great run of FDs for you!! Respect ✊!

My final weigh in will be tomorrow morning and I’ll post here and on the June challenge

Pocket list for today:
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 31 Melb Aust FD800
    Day 30 CD

End of the month – weigh-in quite disappointing, but not unexpected. Lost my mojo when sick, re-found it, but only 0.8 kg down from the start of the month. It doesn’t help that this is a weight area where I tend to plateau. Still, 0.8 kg down is better than a gain. Like many others, I still often look at myself in the mirror and think how chubby (fat!) I look, but the reality is that the inches have come off, and I need to be thankful for that. 13 kg down in six months isn’t too bad. And June is a new beginning.

@penz, many thanks for volunteering to look after June, @daffodil2010 for July, and @ktcaroline for August. This forum has been SOOO helpful in keeping me “on track” as I began and have been continuing with this WOL. Everyone is so encouraging, with much helpful advice and interesting facts and figures. Still haven’t worked myself up to volunteering as a host, but maybe later in the year, when the research phase of my study has finished.

@funshipfreddie, well done with the weight loss, even though I’m green with envy! 🙂

See you all on the June chart!

Day 31 Second post

Can’t finish off without saying a BIG thank you to @jaifaim for being our great host for this month. It was much appreciated!

Day 31 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Kitchen closed at 700cal yesterday, which I’m ok with. 2 FD’s for the week.
    So I did step on the scales this morning, though I hadn’t been to the loo, and some food in transit – but it’s looking like my weight is sitting around 70.5, similar to starting weight for April. I’ll do a proper weigh in early next week and see.

Despite teetering on the edge of the wagon, I do recognise all the progress I’ve made since starting this WOL – flew to Adelaide for the day and didn’t eat the banana bread, nor the lindt chocolate they handed out on the plane, to remain sugar free for that day – miles from where I was this time last year (would have eaten my chocolate, then pinched DH’s chocolate and scoffed the lot!!). I’m not at maintenance as I had hoped, but I’ll keep plugging away.

It’s been a hard few weeks with the health of my grandma, and all the stresses of work and renovation issues, but I’m grateful to have this forum, and I know I’ll get through. Doing my best to remain healthy, and continue my FD’s and exercise, but I’m very much an emotional eater. So counting the small wins.

Plus, I’m about 5kg lighter than I used to be, and not far from goal, so overall that’s a positive.

@snowflake56 my grandma is going ok considering. She’s been diagnosed with stage 4 bile duct cancer which is sadly untreatable, but luckily she’s not in too much pain – lots of swelling, but apparently that’s a common side effect. All very sad, but she is a rock, and is coping well given the situation.

@penz and @daffodil2010 thanks for hosting over the next couple of months!

@debster251 great work prioritising your wellbeing and needs re: volunteer work. It’s very important and not always easy to do.

@michelinme thanks for the words, I’m an emotional eater at the best of times, which is posing a challenge. Focussing on the 2 FD’s (in whatever form they come), and trying to minimise sugar where possible, and trying not to stress too much about the rest. The motivation will come back in time, I’m sure.

Well done to all those challengers in May, see you in June! 😊

And thanks @jaifaim for being such a great host this month!!

Happy Friday everyone x

Day 31: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

Last day, weight stable, no fast days-but, if it’s ok, I like to hope by staying with you people.
    @ktcaroline: You’re volunteering for August? Hey that’s great. Thanks. You really don’t need experience….just start off a new topic that’s ALL. Look at me, you don’t even need to be any good at fasting!!
    So we’re all set up for the next three months. Happy Days.

Right, off to work now, the mail awaits.

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Last day of the Challenge! So I’m finishing it off with a CD. And I’d like to stick around for June. I would like to lose just two more kilos before I reach maintenance.

This month has been an experience! And I’m pleasantly surprised at how motivational it’s been, reading everyone’s posts and sharing in their ups and downs. So a heartfelt ‘thank you’ to @jaifaim and everyone else for your advice and encouragement.

@flourbaby – yes, we’re spoiled here, weather-wise. I spent the first 25 years of my life in Manchester, so I experienced many brief summers and harsh winters. I hope you achieve your goal in June!

@betsylee – 13kgs in 6 months?! I didn’t have so much to lose anyway; your achievement is remarkable!

“A diet changes the way you look. A fast changes the way you see.” ~ Lisa Bevere, author.

Day 31, Emden Germany, NFD

gained 0.9 kg this month but I look chubbier and my clothes are too tight. Next month will be better, I want to be slimmer on my birthday, I plan to wear a nice dress that fits. It’s along way back to maintenance.

@penz what a comeback you made, thanks for hosting next month and @daffodil2010 and @ktcaroline for hosting July and August.

@flourbaby nothing serious I hope, try to eat healthy before you’re having the procedure.

@debster251 how lovely to hear from you, missed you!

@brightonbelle enjoy you holiday!

@rabbette I hope you slept well last night.

@aglowworm I’m sorry you’re having such a hard time, hope things will calm down soon.

@missybear and @emmataylor it’s not always easy to stay motivated, on some days, when it feels like I’m on a diet, I’m asking myself why I’m doing this. But I don’t have another option if I want to live a healthy life.

@michelinme it seems we’re not the only ones needing a chubby-challenge reset!

@ciren2 I wrote down everything I ate for a while, I worked well. I don’t want to see the “naughty foods” written down. I try to avoid having unhealthy food in the house, but I often give in.

@betsylee 0,8 kg is still a loss!

@gretta what a pity your grandmother isn’t living near you so you can enjoy each others company more. Grandmothers can have such a special role in our lives.

@jaifaim thanks you so much for being such a lovely, caring host!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 31, third post

Tried to enter new data in the June spreadsheet, but it seems to be set to “view only” – is there a way to fix that?

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Definitely joining the gang on the June chubby reset! I finish May a couple of pounds higher than the start. My FD’s have not been great. I blame hormones and DH being off work sick. And my big gob and lack of willpower 😄

June is a tough month however as it starts off with a bank holiday, then my birthday next weekend, a couple of social engagements and DH’s 50th birthday party at the end of the month. I have my Ralph Lauren dress to wear for that so that will keep the mind focused!

@missybear, @emmataylor, and others, April and May have been tough. I am blaming it (for myself) on the menopausal challenges my body is posing, but I am trying to be mindful of that fact and not throw in the towel with this WOL (and yes, I have had those thoughts 😨).

Let’s stick together into June.

Thanks @jaifaim for your wonderful hosting ☘🇮🇪 Great to have a fellow Paddy on board and you have been great. See you in June.

Thanks @penz for going for June. Ha ha, when I saw YOUR offer posted just before mine I too went “I am off the hook” 😆

Day 31- Reading, UK – CD

I’ve just realised I’ve met my May goal. In my head I thought I’d have to hold it over the weekend – but its June tomorrow. (It’s a very muddled place, my head …) Super pleased, even though my discipline has been somewhat erratic. And thanks for the encouragement @ciren2 – I do feel like a newbie, but hope that hosting will help me get to know everyone a bit better. I shall enjoy my glass of wine tonight, and then focus on a new month tomorrow.

Day 31 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

As expected I have gained 2 pounds this month 😕.

Thanks @emma_taylor @snowflake56 @daffodil2010 @michelinme for reminding me that I’m not alone in this struggle. I’m having a weekend ‘diet’ break then I will join the June chubby club reset.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.