May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 701 through 719 (of 719 total)

• Day 31 Stevensville MD USA CNFD

Weigh in day still only 1/2 a pound down after second week of fasting hard ugh.

June will be a tough start as we leave on Sunday for Duke University where my husband starts his first injections in his Clinical Trial. That means hotel and eating out for 3 days. Must try and stay mindful.

When the world says Give Up, Hope whispers, Try It One More Time.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 31 – Reading, UK – 2nd post

Just want to say THANK YOU to jaimfaim for hosting (I will no doubt find out its not as easy as it looks) and everyone for being so inspirational. See you in June!

Day 31, UK, FD

Last day of the month, last effort to hit target, ready for another successful month. I am confident for tomorrow’s weigh in, and hoping that June is as good as May. Despite having many binging days and meals out I nailed almost every FD of the month and managed to achieve my weight loss.

Today I will stick to a skinny cappuccino for breakfast, a 200cal soup for lunch and a very light salad for dinner, as well as going for a 5k walk in the evening.

Not feeling any difference on clothing size yet but definitely lost some volume around my belly and bum.

Bring on sunny June!

Day 31 UK NFD

Finished May up 2lbs and feeling distinctly… chubby! haven’t measured myself but have That puffy-under-the-skin feeling that comes with not fasting and having some carby, sugary, fatty days. O well, live and learn. Again.

V glad to have focused on health instead and delighted to have turned a corner with this wretched virus at long last. Perspective and flexibility are great keys in this WOL, and the wonderful thing of resetting with just one godo day.

Looking forwrad to better health, better fasting and better focus next month. Glad to join @daffodil2010 @snowflake56 @jaifaim and anyone else who’s gone backwards in May for a good chubby-challenge in June! We don’t have to succumb to inflation 🙂

@jaifaim thank you so much for your gentle encouragement and presence all month, you’ve been a great host 🙂 xx

Day 31, VA, USA, FD

losing weight and sleep – check out this (self observed info) so I WF on Tues, Wed, to Thurs night dinner. I took a weight reading before bed and then one when I get up b/c I am curious how much it changes. (As a note I take the reading after my nightly pee and after my morning pee to be consistent)
    The -# lb is how much was lost during sleep (or during the time I was suppose to be asleep)

Mon -0.4 lb
    Tues -1.8 lbs
    Wed -2.0 lbs
    Thur -0 that was morning reading after being awake all night
    Thur -1.8 lbs after I passed out for a 4 hour nap

Remember these readings are all during a Water Fast (although on Tues evening I did have a veggie broth and vegges) and still the number went down during sleep.

And you can see when I was just laying in bed – not sleeping the number did not MOVE at all. So I have a feeling sleep and stress both mess with our weight greatly. So be kind to yourselves and try to get good sleep. (Easier said than done, I know)

Last nights dinner was good and I even enjoyed the dessert. Everyone else LOVED the dessert I made. Oh my gosh, I got so many compliments on it! I had enough to pass out an extra chocolate chip peanut butter bar to everyone. I was somehow able to control myself from going crazy on these pinwheel cream cheese things. I had a couple and then had some bites of spicy kimchi. The kimchi was awesome and VERY spicy!

Sleep was better last night. Oh thank goodness, I mean really any sleep was better than no sleep.

@jaifaim – nope not one bit of shut eye. I went then and somehow taught the hardest yoga class I’ve taught in a while (like my shoulders were sore) then came home and took a much needed NAP! Thank you for being our host!

@betsylee – good on the -0.8kg that is about -1.7lbs down! I teach a class that thanks the parts of the body that we struggle with the most. I often hold my belly and thank it for doing the best it can with what it is given. It helps me change my perspective and embrace my body for this journey.

@gretta – It is good to reflect on how the number isn’t the only thing we focus on during this WOL, I too skipped out on the treats from the plane AND felt better because of it. Learning to make better choices is part of fasting.

@ciren2 – of course you are part of the family now, there is no leaving this group.

@snowflake56 – I appreciate the journey of maintenance and how it is just as real as trying to get there in the first place.

@daffodil2010 – May was my B-day month, I had a mental plan. I would indulge in just a bit of a treat and cocktail (and I think having it in mind before hand helped) I would hold out and celebrate more on DH big bash (especially if you plan on having some kind of social get together)

@missybear – don’t regret or fret, just reset. 😉

Pocket list for today:
    @jaifaim
    @rabbette

Not going out of this month without giving it ALL I got! Cheers to all of you.

@jaifaim: Thank you for hosting May….very much appreciated by all of us xx
    Now, here’s to JUNE.
    See you there.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/june-2019-challenge/

Day 31. NFD California
    Day 30 FD

Not at May goal weight but only 0.8 lbs above (it wasn’t a big goal).

Thank you Jaifaim for hosting us this month.

Day 31 Canton OH NFD

Thank you @jaifam for hosting us this month. I was missing in action the last few days because of a deadline and could not even read posts. But I had to say adieu and commit to June. I will see you all on the other side.

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

@jaifaim – you have been oh so terrific here! Thanks ever so much for keeping our legacy going with these challenges!

On to JUNE! Wow!

Onward and downward.

Day 31 – Eastern WA USA – ?

Planning to break my fast at about 91 hours with a tasty smoothie then 1 meal later. So the day may still be a 5:2 style fasting day; but not a WF. I’m glad that after bouncing up partly due to extra indulgences on the retreats this month, that the scale was back down under 200lbs this morning to 198.6 lbs. I started the month at 199. So there was a little progress with .4 lbs down for the month.

Thanks so much @jaifaim for hosting this month!

Day 31 second post

Woop woop! Unexpected FD to see out the month! Didn’t eat until friend came to tea, then made a gf keto chocolate and blackberry mug cake with berries and vegan yogurt on the side. All delicious and just realised it was only 180 calories. Yay!

Going to have a lightweight supper of under 600 calories and laugh all the way to my morning 1 June weigh in. YAY! The wonder of mindful eating. All it took was a little prep to think through the mug cake. Chuffed as bunnies 😀

End 🙂

Pocket list for today:
    @jaifaim
    @georgia83
    @rabbette
    @annemarilyn?
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee F800
    @michelinme 🙂

Day 31 – UK – CD

Apologies for my absence most of this month – I’m still around but struggling with maintenance – will weigh in tomorrow morning to see how I’m doing.

Thank you very much to @jaifaim for hosting May and doing such a great job 🤗💐

It’s wonderful to see that we have hosts sorted out for June with @penz and July with @daffodil2010 and August with @ktcaroline – Thank you all for stepping up and keeping these inspiring monthly challenges going!!!

June is my birthday month as well as that of my OH so lots of pitfalls ahead but I’m determined to ensure that I remain in maintenance so I’ll definitely be in for the June Challenge @penz

Looking forward to seeing many old friends and meeting those joining us for the first time.

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Think I forgot to say – Thank you @jaifaim xx

Day 31 – second and last post…

So…. epic fail FD 😂… I knew I was hungry waking up but was complimented on losing weight by someone in work who sees me every day but I was in casual gear today so it was probably more noticeable..So, feeling chuffed, my resolve for my final FD promptly went out the window.. and I had nice homemade bread for breakfast…. this is what happens to me!! Then I derail and the cycle begins again..
    So next week I will be resetting big time…my bum and hips have shrunk a little even though weight wise I haven’t lost lots…. but now I need to work on my tummy.. 👍👍 so it’s just a 1lb loss for May. I haven’t reached my target but that’s ok… it’s in the right direction ⬇️ .

Thank you all for keeping me company and for teaching me lots of things I didn’t know back in April.. I have a lot going on now but one thing I can control is my commitment to this WOL ✅. I can’t thank you all enough for the support and compassion you have shown me – you have literally propped me up this week 👍.. together we really are stronger – thank you so much 💕

Go gently all into tomorrow and a new exciting challenge. Thanks Penz! 😘

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 + 1
    Frustrating and disappointing end to June. I did everything right yesterday, or so I thought, I was patting myself on the back as I was heading for my first WF. 8pm came and I was out of the house but found myself in a petrol station filling up the car after a long day driving and succumbed to the sweet isle, aaaaaaaaagh!!!!! The scales are not happy either so my self indulgent April and May have to stop and I need to kick my brain back into this WOL. Thank goodness there is a June reset!
    @jaifaim thank you so much for being our wonderful host for May you’ve been perfect, ta.

@penz – thank you so much for jumping in for June.

Wishing all a flaming successful
    June.
    Ta ta for now.

Final May Post,

It looks like there’s been a -4lb fat eradication this month, not as great as it seems since there was a gain in April with the virus I had, which may have returned this morning, as I’m blocked up and sneezing continuously!!!

Anyway it’s the start of a new challenge and the determination is 100%.

Many Thanks to @jaifaim for hosting us through May, you’ve been a dedicated host even through trying times. xxx

I look forward to continuing this journey with both old & new friends in June, Onward & Downwards as ever!!!!

Final post for the month of May
    Didn’t reach my monthly goal, but did lose, so that is a win. Thanks to @jaifaim for your hosting. I usually manage to read posts but don’t feel like I have much to add.

Day 31 – USA – NFD

Two FDs this month, but success in staying between 136-138, still hula hooping, losing inches, working a lot of hours, and keeping on top of posts even though I do not post daily. Maintenance seems to be going smoothly as long as my food choices include healthy fats, moderate protein and low carbs. On my feet a lot for many hours, and have been having agonizing painful spasms in feet and calves at night – as if in a horror movie, I watch as my feet and toes curl up by themselves and the knuckles turn bright white! Got to get more in the habit of using my magnesium spray before bed. Aside from that graphic, all is well, lol! @jaifaim, thanks for hosting May!

Day 30 – Ireland – NFD

July just didn’t work out for me but I hope to be back on track for August.
    So much going on and posting daily or even frequently was just not possible… sometimes in life it’s better to just take a step back and come back with resolve… I hope that others who have drifted away will be back on track soon too… 🤞thanks @ daffodil2010 for looking out for everyone during July!
    @ktcaroline well done on offering to host. It really is very rewarding and also helps as,being the host, you tend to apply yourself to the WOL… it certainly worked for me 👍 and I was as nervous as you…
    @gretta I was very sorry to read your sad news and I am thinking of you at this terribly sad time. 💕
    See you all in August!

Viewing 19 posts - 701 through 719 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.