May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 719 total)

• Day 23 – 2nd post

@rabbette – There are forms of yoga that are extremely intense. I’m starting to become more interested it yoga because I need more flexibility. Anyway the one of the strongest guys I every knew was pretty slim but his workouts were mostly yoga. I’m sure it was very advanced though, lots of hand stand type moves.

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Unfortunately yesterday’s training course was piled high with bowls of maltesers, sugary sweets, chocolate biscuits…….I had a few maltesers and some chocolate…..thankfully did not go nuts thereafter but it was not am FD. Weight remains the same which is good.

So trying for my second FD today….normally this would be my 3rd but hey, still there.

@flourbaby, thanks for inspiration. Tonight’s meal is ready in fridge for DH to cook, a roast chicken smothered in lemon and lime juice with slivers of chilli and garlic, and a side of broccoli. Washed down with water of course.

Like you @michelinme I seem to need more water than most, at least 3.5 litres, but I have been adding a pinch of pink salt to my water bottles and it’s helping me feel better too. Maybe I was washing my bodies natural salts away with all the water consumption, dunno.
    And hope you feel better @michelinme. Sorry you were crying ☹️

@rabette, hope you get that eye sorted soon. Take care.

@funshipfreddie, actually, you are right about hump day being Wednesday only known by us Monday to Friday crew…..years ago I worked weekends and my hump day would probably have been Friday 😆

Pocket list Day 23
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 23. NFD. London

Finding it really hard to fit FD in this week. Just spent a couple of days with very competitive, and slim, sister, so that was a no go. Would’ve invited too much unwanted, and wrong, advice. Now off to Deal, for an 80th birthday do. I feel soooo much better when I’m fasting. Optimistic, calm. At the mo just feel podgy. Might be the two days with slim, competitive sister…..

Day 23 UK FD

Checking in for accountability… hoping for a solid FD & getting on top of all the bitty project work. Tommow I’m off to an art/science day and i want to go with an empty inbox & a clear conscience!

@jaifaim @daffodil2010 thanks. I think my emotions are near the surface just now – overtired, overwhelmed by a post-viral vulnerability and internalising the stress of this country’s political turmoil and suffering of so many ordinary people:) Must remember to drop in my postal vote..

Pocket list Day 23
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @michelinme

Day 23, London UK, FD

3rd day of my B2B2B this week, I’m still feeling great because I’ve had no difficulty in saying no and sticking to OMAD has been great, no worries about preparing lunch the night before etc. So far so good, it’s early days yet of getting back on the <500 cal wagon so we’ll see how the dreaded weekend fares!!! @ciren2 you’ll be joining me soon …………. NO doubt!!!

@annemarilyn, I make my own and freeze it. I find it so comforting and you can add as much or as little as you want to it. I broke my fast last night at 7pm with the broth and it was lovely, I just threw in sliced raw mushrooms, onions & a pepper and some shredded chicken which I always get from the carcasses my butcher gives me, I portion & freeze the chicken too for salads or stir frys.

@funshipfreddie, since starting this WOL, there have been a few EFS (Epic Face Stuffing) days which left me suffering – cramp, constipation, distended belly, PAIN and the feeling that something wanted to get out of me so took a hammer & chisel to my brain!!! The way I feel after a FD is something I need to remember when I reach for the wine or cake or bread ………………. But the siren call of refined carbs is strong!!! So one day at a time!!!

@daffodil2010, those maltesers are like tiny tasty calorie bombs …………………….. steer well clear!! You’ve got this FD in the bag, planning & preparation are 90% …………………. The other 10% I get from being smug (internal smugness!!) at my ability to say NO and have a glass of water!

@rabbette …………………… Ouch!!! I hope the doc has a solution (in every sense of the word!!)

Missing a few veterans, I hope you’re all well and just getting comfy with maintenance, this one’s for @at …………….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Hi All

I hope you’re all well.

Back again. Fallen off the wagon a bit recently so now have to refocus. I’ll not join in this month but definitely next month.

I’ve been fasting this week and managed to even cut out milk in coffee for the first time. I managed 24hr fast yesterday and 18 the day before. Today I’m hoping for 18hrs. I’m trying the 800kcal low carb approach, but also mixing it with a low carb high fat no calorie limit approach some days to see which makes fasting easier. Basically I’m confused about what I should be doing! I read Dr Fung and Dr Moseley’s books and conclude that they’re both saying the same thing but MM promotes a low/medium based carb Mediterranean diet where calories are still counted, and Fung promotes low carb high fat with longer fasting windows but tells you not to count carbs – just be careful you don’t eat too many nuts or cheese as snacks. Both are great but can you combine the two approaches?

Let’s see if I can and lose weight! I’m weighing in tomorrow morning to start tracking.

I like the 800 kcal better than the 600 kcal on the Fast Diet, but the low carb high fat and no Kcal restriction is attractive. My 24 hr fast was on the back of a Moussaka made with 15% fat mince, lots of Olive oil and a Mascarpone / Creme Fraiche sauce. And I didn’t feel hungry at all.

Any thoughts or experiences welcome.

Stay strong @emma Taylor it’s worth the effort. I find a bit more sleep helps me refocus when I’m not feeling so positive. Your sister is probably worried that you’re not a large as you used to be and look like you might be competition for the skinny sis. My mother in law hates it when I lose weight and look slim as she loses one of her weapons. It’s enough of an incentive for me to carry on.

Day 23 – Reading, UK – FD

I’m getting lots of inspiration from you guys, and sorry to hear of upsets and injuries. Over in Reading I’m living in a snakes and ladders world. I do well one day and then get invited to dinner at an Indian restaurant the next. I only ordered two veggie side dishes, half a naan bread, and a no alcohol beer, but even so that’s not a FD by anyone’s reckoning. So back to it today. And so agree, @johnnyr – sleep is the best.

Onwards and downwards!

Day 23 Wales NFD
    Day 22 FD

Not posting much this week as work very busy and weird shift pattern which seems to have left me shattered. Won’t make my goal this month, NFD have been a little out of control, at least weight not going up.
    Have a good day all xx

Day 23 UK NFD

Day 23 Melb Aust TDEE

Coping okay, though I ate a bit more than I intended so a CD became a TDEE. Still exercising (walking) a lot, which does help the optimism. FD tomorrow, then I’ll see how much damage this week has done on the scales on Saturday morning.

Keep looking up and fasting downwards!!! 🙂

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland FD

To those that don’t know me, I am 61 years young found this site January 2018 and within 7 months I lost 25lbs. During that time, I quit smoking, brother diagnosed with blood cancer (he is still in remission) lost my MIL at the age of 94 in October 2018. I was her care giver for the past 6 years that she lived with us. We had hospice for support. They are wonderful.

I was let go from my job in December 2018.Thru all of that I still managed to stay in maintenance and not gain any weight.

In January 2019 my husband and I decided we needed a well-deserved vacation and booked flights for a 12 day stay in Hawaii to visit a dear friend. 5 days into our vacation my darling husband has a Grand Maul seizure on a beach, spent 3 days in the hospital while the doctors were trying to figure out how to get us home.

One week after getting home we saw a neurologist and were told MDH has a brain tumor.

Next Neurosurgeon appointment to schedule surgery. February 5th my soul was rocked to its core. Brain cancer Glioblastoma Multiforme Grade 4.

MDH went thru radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks and chemo in a pill form. Good news is he was accepted into Duke University for a Clinical Trial and they did another MRI the end of April and it was pristine. No sign of this monster.

Duke is a 5 ½ hour drive from our home. We already had plans to retire and move to South Carolina before this ugly monster decided to join our journey, uninvited I might add.

We are planning on moving to South Carolina in October and become snowbirds while our house is being built and that puts us 3 1/5 hours away from Duke.

My maintenance went out the window. Constantly on the go eating out a lot etc. I started my fasting again with diligence this week and it reminded me how this site was what help me reach my goal weight. I am only up 7lbs and I really want to get back to my goal weight.

Now that I am retired, I find it harder to fast. I want to pop back on every day.

Haven’t had time to go back and read post to catch up with everyone. Hope to do that later today. Will be looking for the pocket list and print it out and literally put it in my pocket.

May is brain cancer awareness so let’s go Grey for May.

Day 23 Stevensville Maryland FD

Pocket list Day 23
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @michelinme
    @diana123

Day 23 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@diana123 welcome back, so sorry you have had such a terrible time but it sounds like you’re through the worst and well done on such a small gain during such a difficult time. May the future treat you kindly 🤗

Pocket list Day 23
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @michelinme
    @diana123
    @missybear

Together we are stronger 🌻

Day 23 Canton OH NFD

I just returned from a visit to my doctor and she was blown away by my lab work results. Direct LDL dropped 50 points and my risk of heart disease has dropped to 0.2%. She asked me what I have been doing to get so healthy and I was happy to tell her all about IF with TRE and daily walking regimen. She’s intrigued and plans to do some research. This WOL works, don’t let anyone tell you differently.

@diana123 it’s good to have you back. Reading your story brought tears to my eyes. Wow, your world has been rocked so hard in such a short time – kudos my friend on your positive attitude; hugs and prayers and yes! Let’s go Grey for May!!!

@johnnyr welcome back! I have tried both and I did not like the no calorie limit option, I felt like I was too out of control. 800 calories low carb every day worked for a while but then I noticed I was steadily going over – which did not help with weight loss. Us gals have to work a little harder at these things, but that may work for you – ya never know. So I have gone back to 500 calories or less on predetermined FD with the occasional scheduled WFD thrown in – The more control I have over my choices the better I feel. Lol, at your MIL comment – a little passive aggressive but I’ve been there 🙂

@flourbaby one day at a time, that’s all we have anyways

@michelinme, I will keep you in prayer. Hang in there, this too shall pass

Stay strong guys – work calls and I gotta skip

Day 23 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Breaking my fast from yesterday at about 41 hours. It’s been a WF for 24 hours and then I had one of my “fauxbucks” in the evening – dandyblend, almond milk, a little HWC, cacao and some stevia – so ended as a LFD. Feeling good, and clothes fitting well but scale not moving downward right now. Again, I’m trying to focus on the pieces I control – when I eat and don’t eat as well as what I eat. Keeping things LCHFMP. Eating until satisfied when eating; not counting calories.

@Rabette – I hope your eye improves and heals quickly. Eye issues are so scary. For your broth, are you also making it? I have bones in the freezer and need to get some made again.

@EmmaTaylor – comparison with others can be discouraging. I like Johnny Rs take 🙂 I know I need to remind myself from time to time about how far I’ve come – not wearing the 18-20s but comfortable in 14s and some 12s. We’re each on our own journeys with our own body types. You’re in the right place as we continue on the journey together.

@johnnyr – welcome back. I heard about fasting and keto from a neighbor a couple of years ago who was beating back cancer with fasting and the ketogenic diet. He shared a pile of books with me. At the time, I began with Dr. Mosley’s 5:2 as it seemed the most doable to me. Over time I’ve gotten all of Dr.Fung’s books and have moved over to lower carb. I kind of combine the 2; keeping on changing things up to keep the body guessing.

@diana123 – welcome back! I so remember your sweet spirit in this group. So sorry to hear of the tough times life has brought your way. So glad your hubby’s at a good place right now. As I mentioned above, a neighbor beating back cancer with fasting and keto, introduced me to this WOL. Perhaps this might be something for your hubby to use in his journey.

Let’s keep doing this together!

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD.

Making some real progress this week with the flat sale from hell, after seven months of solicitors of various degrees of incompetence, we just MAY be able to see some light at the end of the tunnel. After which I’ll have a better chance of getting back on the wagon! Stress, stress, stress…

But then again, I count myself lucky..
    @diana123: You’ve had such a tough time. I do hope your DH continues to improve….it must have been so scary and awful for you both. You’ve done amazingly well not to have gained very much weight at all with all your troubles. Welcome back and big ((hugs)).
    @johnnyr: Long time no see, great to have you back again, with renewed enthusiasm.

Day 23 2nd post

@diana123 So sorry for all the trauma that has beset you and your DH. My prayers for you both in the months ahead. Wonderful to have you back among us x

@basyjames thank you x And for the reminder of what a beautiful place this is. Amidst all the political turmoil, as the world slides towards barriers and division, i’m warmed and encouraged by the connection and caring among us. Thank you all x

Day 23, va, USA, FD

I’m proud I did 3B2B WFD! Today transition day because I will need to take ibuprofen due to the pain from my eye. My cornea suffered some kind of trama that has caused an infection in my eye.

I feel a bit slow and weak and I can’t really do much because if I look downwards it puts pressure in my eye and – woah nelly that hurts.

I managed with a bit of help from my hun bun to make a delicious bastardized version of a veggie Pho. Since I didn’t have bone broth it was -Chicken broth, onions, garlic, celery, carrots, dinosaur kale, hand full of cashews, and topped with cilantro and of course seasoning salt, pepper, Braggs aminos (soy sauce),

@dykask – yes you are correct there are some powerful forms of yoga. I teach a variety of styles from vinyasa to slow flow. I’d say you’ll gain strength in my classes but I do not tradtionally find that we stay at the sweat pace but for much longer than about 10-15 minutes. I’m someone whom would rather you hold poses longer than just slop your way though them.

@johnnyr – try a method and stick with it for a bit. Like what appeals to you. I am a 4:3 gal (5:2 won’t widdle me down) none the less I had started with regular FD<500 cal *im a lady so if I’m at 800 again weight won’t leave. And then transitioned to WFD for two reasons. 1 – I’m lazy I don’t like counting calories. 2 – I found WFD easier I eventually was not hungry and just enjoy the freedom of them. So now I’m mostly WFD kind of gal but do leave the option open if once in a while I would like a light meal at the end of day. – I tried LCHF (Keto) and while I enjoy the dinners I get a bit stopped up like I can not seem to drink enough water. All and all try and see what works for you. If you can stick with it and you see/feel results then that’s what you do.

@annemarilyn – some of my broth I make from veggie scraps. But some I buy because I drink/use a lot of broth. I can’t keep up with my demand.

Cheers to the rest of you awesome fasters!

Pocket list Day 23 – here we are!
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @michelinme
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @rabbette B2B2B2B

Don’t fret or regret, just reset! (My quote is growing:-)

Day 24 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Very very busy day yesterday, so didn’t get a chance to check in, so will do so quickly now for accountability, and try and catch up on posts later!

Hope everyone is going well, happy Friday!!

Day 24 – Japan – NFD (rare for a Friday)

37 water fasts done in 2019. Most of them were a bit over 36 hours, the longest was 100 hours. That works out to about 60 days of fasting. Anyway this fast was easy. 36 hours even unplanned isn’t that much time anymore. Right now I’m not even that hungry, just a bit empty. However I’m going to eat because I enjoy it. What would be the point of fasting without enjoying eating too?

@diana123 – What a rough year you and your husband had.

To pocket list … hang in there you are on the home stretch!

@jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @michelinme
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @rabbette B2B2B2B

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing okay, busy like many of you!

@diana123 – so glad to see you back again, but sure am sorry for all you and your DH have gone through. Hugs to you for making it this far, and know we’re behind you here!

Onward and downward.

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My third FD of the week today. The finish line is in sight! This time next week will be our last day of the May Challenge. We can do this!

“Everyone can perform magic, everyone can reach his goals, if he is able to think, if he is able to wait, if he is able to fast.” ~ Hermann Hesse

Day 24 – Ireland – FD

Morning everybody! As @funshipfreddie says… we are rolling into the last days of May… As your May host I am very much enjoying checking in on a daily basis which would not have been the norm for me … you are such a fantastic group of supportive kind people with so many diverse lives and interests- I think I really do learn something new here every day 💕

Hey @basyjames – inspiring news from your recent doctors visit! Well done to you!

@diana123 welcome back! I am so glad to have you back with us but so very sorry to hear about your very tough time. Your DH has been through the mill but it sounds like he has fantastic care and a great woman behind him 💕

@rabbette your eye sounds really sore.. i once had really bad hayfever and rubbed my eye so much I had the same sort of feeling (thought I had somehow detached the retina 😯) but I just used dry eye drops and kept it closed for as long as I could and it passed… but it was scary…

So my FD was not perfect yesterday but passed for a more 800 FD. We have our cycling event tomorrow so I think I’ve had “carbing up” on my mind…. I’ll be eating lots today and then a 150km Spin in the beautiful south west of Ireland tomorrow.
    Random bit of info:
    For those of you who watch Star Wars we will be passing Skellig Michael which is a sixth century monastic site and a UNESCO World Heritage Site which recently has been used in the filming of the current Star Wars trilogy (I’ve never watched Star Wars 😂). There are increased numbers of people visiting the island now of course but it is very notoriously difficult to land on…
    Let’s hope the rain stays away. 🙏

Have a great Friday everybody!!
    May the force be with you 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

I just read Judith Kerr has died, she was such a kind, gentle, possitive and adorable person. To me, she is an example how to live life.

@ciren2 I’m glad there seems to be progress on the sale of the appartment, it’s so nerve wracking waiting to get it over with.

@basyjames well done, it’s amazing how eating well can influence your health.

@rabbette I hope the eye gets better soon. Take care. x

@diana123 I’m so sorry what your husband and you have gone through. I hope your DH’s health will stay stable now. Hugs x

@johnnyr welcome back!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 24 – Reading, UK – FD

I must seem as if every day is a FD, but sometimes they get derailed so I have to pick up again the following day. I don’t think I’ve completed a proper FD all week. But weight not going up, so that’s something. Will try really, really hard today. So many of you are doing so well with WFD and B2BFDs. I guess it’s practice, so I will keep on keeping on.

Bon weekend to all in the UK who have three sunny days of freedom coming up.

Day 24 Stevensville MD CNFD

Thanks for the great Welcome back and all the good wishes. Yesterday was a good fast day, today I will try to keep on schedule. Making sure DH eats enough while I try to stay in control is the toughest part of my day.

Going to sit back and relax today.

Today is a perfect day to just be happy.

Day 24, Melb Aust LFD

Just a quick check in, but after the disasters of the past week, I’m really chuffed with myself for achieving a LFD today (it’s after 11:30 p.m. here, so I definitely won’t be eating anything tonight!) – had 2 sachets of diet hot chocolate (36 cals each) with low-fat milk through the day, and no other liquid calories. Very very pleased.

Will write more next time, but @diana123, good that you’re back after such a difficult time and you’ll surely lose those 7 lbs in no time!

Day 24, London, UK, NFD.

I’m aiming for a controlled weekend this time around, NO wine, limited carbs, NO chocolate and lots & lots of water & peppermint tea.

Welcome back @johnnyr, I’ve gone back to basics to shake things up or at least to stop the backwards slide. I like the discipline of <500cals, so I’m hoping to replicate my earlier success when I first started this WOL. I’ve tried HFLC, but found I couldn’t resist calorie counting and ended up scaring the bejesus out of myself!!! I need to save that WOL for when I actually get to my goal weight!!! I hope you find a combination that suits you.

@diana123, Welcome back, stick with us and we’ll help make this as easy as possible, there’s lots of support here, those 7lbs are history!! What a year you’ve had, I’m sending healthy healing vibes your way & keeping fingers crossed for your DH.

As we enter this final week I’ll be re-visiting the goals I’ve set for the past 2 months and making sure they’re firmly fixed in my brain for next months’ challenge, I tend to be super enthusiastic during week 1, then I take my foot off of the gas for week 2 (maybe 3!) then panic and get super strict for week 4 ………………….. I need to find the balance for June!!!

Day 24 UK NFD

Fabulous day out and about. More for the delight in it a day off in sunny weather, going into town for art/science workshops.

Healthy pret vegan salad lunch, little bag of popcorn and two Clementine. Yesterday’s FD went askew with late evening cashews. But back in the WOL, down a lb from my 3lb gain this month. Heading in the right direction!

Gotta get off bus and get through Waterloo station before rush hour….

Stronger together xx

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK, UK: NFD
    My work-week is over as I have my 6-weekly long weekend now. Except that Monday being a Bank Holiday I “sort of” lose that one in a way. I get a day in lieu though.

Well, the flat hasn’t exchanged yet, so one last trip down to Southampton tomorrow to mow the communal lawn (which is now a neglected meadow) and hand in the spare keys to the agent in anticipation of completing the sale next week. It will be such a relief not to have that distant responsibility any more. None of the other three flat dwellers bother with the garden maintenance, but as it affects our garden flat the most (renters would be put off) we’ve always done the long round-trip to keep the grass tidy. DH’s back op. has curtailed that recently, hence the “meadow”.

@betsylee: Well done on the LFD.
    @ktcaroline: Beware it’s not becoming an “everyday diet”. Why not brush aside a failed FD and reboot on your next scheduled FD instead?

I am aware that as a person permanently off the wagon I have little room to advise…

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD

Just lost my post….GGggrrrr

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Late post for me. Not great FD’s this week but stayed same weight so won’t complain. Better than a gain.

Off now to vote (European elections, local elections, and a referendum 🙄), then DH and I are going to dinner in our local restaurant 🍷

Looking forward to resting this weekend.

Welcome back @diana123….I remember your sign off, it was lovely…..”In a world where you can be anything, be kind”……..

Day 24, va, USA, FD B2B2B2B2B

3xWFD + 2xFD – My eye is feeling better. Whew, sigh. Slightly disappointed I could not continue my WFD as they had become super easy after the 2nd day, However I appreciate that The Pho was healing and it meant I could take ibuprofen (which I do not usually take any meds if possible) so when I told my SO I was going to have something to eat so I can take a pain killer, they were like WOAH how can I help. I also ate another serving of the soup for supper. Luckily I had made enough at lunch, that was an easy thing to just heat up leftovers.

Today after my 2nd eye appointment (which the Doc said I was looking much better in that eye, yesterday it was looking so bad they wanted to be sure I was really on the mend with it) Less sensitive to light, but still have a hard time going outside. (Especially if I were to try and drive) so I subbed my classes today and just going to do what I can at home.

Learned something today (or I should say confirmed what I had learned about myself)
    ~-.We treated ourselves to coffees while we were out and I have noticed something! – I got a cold brew with just a dash of almond milk and now GUESS WHO IS HUNGRY? This girl! Yup. Like craving crunch carbs hungry *had not experienced this in a while.
    ~-.While Yesterday when I got a cold brew (no milk) I felt fine no hunger and could have kept on fasting had it not been for wanting/needing to take pain meds.
    ~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~
    So that settles it, I will no longer have milk on days that I am fasting.
    ~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~~-._.-~
    @funshipfreddie – thanks for the reminder of the finish line, made me really consider when to do my fasting next week and how many days…

@jaifaim – awe that sounds awful too. Yes sometimes we just need to REST!

@ktcaroline – Yeah think of it like a practice and that there is no definite failing, there is only maybe not being as successful and that you just pick up and practice again. For me having a mental game plan is good. Such as how I plan to fast that day. Like today will be a reg fasting day – I had a dash of milk in coffee earlier so 40ish calories then I know tonight I want to save for the rest of my calories. I have a dinner I am attending too, so that means I have already picked out what I will get on the menu and will just have seltzer water with a slice of lime -instead of a cocktail. Having some go-to options before gatherings with food and people can be super helpful. ALSO the mantra/reminder that “I don’t need it today, I can (if I still even want it) have it tomorrow.” Then I never feel deprived.

@diana123 – I find meal planning for the week very helpful. Especially for having something that my SO can eat while I’m fasting. I also try and make what ever dish I prepared have leftovers so that they can eat it the next time I’m fasting.

@dykask – I agree eating is just as important. YUM!

@betsylee – yeah buddies, good job with that LFD showing ‘em who’s boss!

@flourbaby – I like having a game plan if I’m not going to have alcohol, such as a sparking water with a spring of mint in it or cucumber slice. Make your drink feel special and it feels less like you are missing out (at least it does for me.)

@michelinme – ooooo art/science workshops (teaching or taking?) and what are they if I may ask?

@daffodil2010 – no gain is a win in my book too! Yay 😉

Pocket of People for Day 24???? I don’t see a 24 day so here goes…

Pocket List Day 24
    @rabbette B2B2B2B2B

And remember: “Don’t fret or regret, just reset!”

Day 24, UK, NFD

I’ve kept my FDs and have been successful, so I’m happy with that, even tough I really wanted to give up yesterday. Glad I didn’t 🙂
    However, I continue to have a stressful time. I have to move, downsize in order to make it more affordable for me and to be able to pay for my mum’s care. I’m in process of getting my house ready for sale and looking for a property to buy. Its so not easy when you are on a tight busget 🙁 . And this is justa a start, God help me 😂 .

@dingping life can be very dificult indeed, but we must soldier on 💪

@snowflake56 haha I’m so glad you are enjoying that eagle nest cam, the parents are really awesome, and mum is just a super mum, soldiering on alone last year bringing up 3 healthy strong eagles, and than finding a perfect partner. What a girl! ❤

@michelinme sending you love and a hug back 🤗

@diana123 omg I’m so sorry to hear about your ordeal 🙁 . Sending you lots of hugs and positive vibes 🤗 . I hope you and your DH start sailing in calm waters now, so to speak 🙂

I’m sorry I am not replying to so many posts, I’m still trying to catch up properly….

Hope everyone is having a good weekend 🌼

Day 22, NFD (had fish and chips by the sea and shared a choc box in the evening with OH mmm😊)
    Day 23, FD
    Day 24, NFD, 66.1kg (wow I haven’t seen this number on the scales for several years)

Not as present on the forum as I would like to be but work has been dreadfully busy and haven’t had any spare time to catch up on the posts. FDs been going well on a good note, I might even see 65kg before the end of the month. 3 more FDs left: 26th, 29th and 31st.

Let’s do this!

Day 24 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

It’s the month of some family birthdays. My mom just turned 89 on the 23rd and my dad turned 92 today, the 24th. They are up in British Columbia so we just connected on the phone. One thing is pretty special, that my dad has just started texting. I think it’s pretty great he’s learning this skill at his age.
    I’m off to another retreat shortly on this Memorial Day Weekend. This one is called the Adult Spring Retreat. There will be men and women so it’ll be interesting to see how the “flavor” changes compared to the Women’s last week. This one is one day longer as it’s a long weekend here in the US. I’ll try to keep the carbs to a minimum. We were to bring snacks to share so am bringing some nuts and some jerky.

@georgia83 – congratulations on reaching a weight you haven’t seen in quite a while!

@rabbette – so glad your eye’s improving!

@ciren2 – I saw your longer post and then your short one thinking you’d lost the 1st one.

Together we’re stronger!

2nd post–

@dykask – I never knew about the extreme yoga options until DD decided to become a “Core Power Yoga”teacher … wow, has she ever gotten strong. https://www.corepoweryoga.com/

@johnnyr – always great to see you again. You know this is the place to be.

@flourbaby – I love how positive you are with our participants! 🙂

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Morning all!! Saturday!!! Hoping for a restful weekend with some gardening.

Have a great retreat @annemarilyn

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

My extra FD yesterday paid off – just 0.2kgs off my goal! I just need to stay in control over the weekend, before the next FD on Monday. Plenty to keep me busy over the next few days; my new place is starting to look more like a home than an Amazon shipping warehouse.

@rabbette – good to know your eye is on the mend. Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Have a great weekend everyone!

“I assert that fasting is the most efficient means for correcting any disease.”
    Adolph Mayer, M.D.

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

@shinything the eagles are so lovely, it’s a joy to see them grow up. Selling your house and finding another one must be difficult for you, esp. if you have to it puts extra pressure on you. Hugs xxx

@annemarilyn what a great Dad you have, it’s a brave thing to do, knowing my struggles with the internet. Have a great weekend!

@dingping enjoy the festivals, I hope the weather will be nice!

@rabbette I hope the eye will continue to improve, take care!

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD

Up and out early… Busy day today… 🚲🚲🚲
    Best of luck to the Saturday fasters 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 25, London, UK, NFD,

Sticking to OMAD, and enjoying the discipline!! Hunger subsides instantly after a cup of peppermint tea. Today I started my day with black coffee & stevia …………. It’s an acquired taste!! But I re-read some info on IF and even my morning coffee with a dash of semi skimmed might have been having a negative effect on fat burning (although unlike you @rabbette, it didn’t wake the dragon) so I’ll stick to herbal teas or black coffee for the foreseeable future.

Although I’m not ‘carbing-up’ for a marathon bike ride (like @jaifaim) – I’ve a mackerel, mixed bean and pasta salad for dinner today at 800cals, so even though it’s a little carb heavy, I think there’s balance with the healthy (if calorific!!) mackerel. Funnily enough it’s the one day I’ve allowed myself to indulge if I want to and I didn’t choose to eat an entire chocolate fudge cake washed down with a bottle of shiraz!!! Now THAT’S progress!!!!

@songbirdme ……………… I’m just following in the footsteps of those who came before me, keeping this forum alive is essential to my slow but steady, rocky road of a journey!!!! …………………. Of course my aim is to be you when I grow up – I dream of getting to my goal then maintenance like you!!!!

@daffodil2010, sometimes all we’re looking for is BALANCE, 1 week out of 52 does NOT a disaster make!!! Happy gardening.

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France

Day 25 – Reading, UK – FD

I don’t normally log in at weekends, but doing a proper FD today and really, really need the support! So huge thanks @rabbette for your extremely helpful words. It is so good to have new ideas and ways of thinking. The battle really is in the head – even though I could swear it’s in my stomach. Onwards and downwards. I guess every hour helps … I’m reading everyone’s posts – so lovely to hear what everyone is doing. Sending strong vibes to all fasters today.

Day 25 USA (Illinois) FD

Just looked at the rest of my weekend, and decided today would be a good FD. So,

@ktcaroline – I will be joining your support team!

@flourbaby – I know you CAN and WILL accomplish your goal weight! Maintenance isn’t nearly the struggle of losing, but still requires diligence to keep!

Onward and downward.

Day 25, Va, USA, NFD

Tiz the weekend. NFD – what’s on deck for today ??? Actually I’m craving a salad! I almost can’t believe I typed that. But it’s true. I want a salad. A good fancy one lots of variety but not much dressing. I find I don’t like dressing. A blend of just tsp olive oil and fresh squeeze of lemon, lime or and orange seems much better to me.

Now for other exciting accidental news.
    Clearing out the closet of my winter yoga pants. Making room for summer yoga nickers (which I think might mean underwear for some of you guys) but I’m refering to the britches (aka pants) that stop just past the knee.

None the less I find a pair of britches I made with this fabulous print and flair leg and though wow totally forgot about these. As I took them off the hanger I mentally remembered why they were in the back of the closet… b/c they were too little well that is NOT the case anymore. The FANCY PANTS FIT!

Woot woot. Now I’m eye balling my dance pants (carefully with my good eye) other eye is still a bit sensitive, better, but sensitive.

@flourbaby – wake the dragon. Yes. That is exactly what it did. And maybe the info you read about IF with fat burning (maybe that’s the shift I felt) meaning I was not happy go lucky fat burning machine. I was I burned up this temporary fuel (the milk) where is MORE fuel *stomach making noises and throwing a fit* oh dear. The mental image that my stomach is a child misbehaving when I have sugar and/or milk is a good one. – I may find it easier to discipline now with that mental image

@ktcaroline – each day we get better at making choices. And if things fly out the window. Take a break. Like a full NFD break. Because you will need a true day of not fussing over calories or regretting that you didn’t quite make it. Then once you have a break. Create your special game plan. Treat the FD as a special day. With water drinks that maybe have a sprig of fresh herb. Really even a fresh spring of cilantro sticking out of your water glass can feel classy and fancy.

Cheers to my weekend fasters! You can do it. (I get a break yay!) but I’ll be back at it with you soon.

Know that all the healthy choices you make today, make tomorrow even better.

Day 25 Stevensville MD CNFD

What a beautiful day, I plan to spend most of it outdoors sitting by the water I find it so calming.

I forgot to weigh myself yesterday, back to once a week weigh ins. Today after my first two 24 hour fast days this past week I am down half a pound. It feels like all 7lbs went right to the belly ugh. I will be changing my fast day of Monday to tomorrow, we are having family in on Monday for a BBQ.

Tomorrow in not promised to anyone make sure you enjoy the beauty of today.

Day 25: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD….

A productive day today. As I tried to say yesterday, only I lost my post, we can see light at the end of the tunnel on the flat-sale-from-hell. Our solicitor reckons we will complete the sale early NEXT WEEK. The agent went round there at our request to check on things (it’s been empty for nearly 7 months). All fine, the communal garden “not too bad”.
    HAH! she sent a photo….the “lawn” is a MEADOW, about to come into seed!
    Because of DH’s back we’ve been unable to visit since 1st April…..no-one else who actually lives there, bothers with the garden, which is at the back, where our ground floor flat is. So today, I drove us the 166 mile round-trip and we managed to strim and cut the grass. Couldn’t pass it over to the buyer like that, seemed a bit mean, otherwise.
    I feel we’ll be rid of the responsibility this time next week….we’re too old and crippled for this now.
    I already am beginning to feel less stressed and my eating habits are improving a little….
    @ktcaroline:
    I also tried to comment on your post yesterday. It’s sounding a bit like everyday dieting to me. If you fail a FD, forget it until the next scheduled one, rather than retry every day…less stressful and you keep the benefits of INTERMITTENT fasting.
    @funshipfreddie: SO close…well done.

Day 26, Emden Germany, NFD

@ciren2 only a few days now, what a relief it will be if the flat is sold.

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Yes, it’s, hopefully, true @snowflake56 I’m keeping my fingers crossed, but not holding my breath…yet! I hope you are getting on alright with your health.

Have a good day everyone xx

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.