May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 719 total)

• Day 20 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Yes, ready for a FD after the Women’s Retreat over the weekend. I made mostly good choices but having 3 meals a day and snacks available is just more food around than I usually have. I usually only eat 2 meals a day max, stop eating early evening and then frequently have WFDs or LFDs. There were lots of salad fixings available. So at a meal, I often skipped the carb like tortillas and just put taco fixings on a bed of greens. I did indulge in some dark chocolate a couple of times. A group of us stopped at the Texas Road House on the way home. I enjoyed great pulled pork, a sweet potato with butter instead of the marshmallow and more that some had, plus more veggies (skipped the rolls). The activities were encouraging and the music inspirational; it was so wonderful to hear all the women’s voices around me lifting their voices. My goal is to make good choices throughout the weekdays & then I’m being treated to another retreat. I’ve never been to two retreats two weekends in a row. This next one will have women and men participating. It’ll be interesting to see the “flavor” it will take.

@funshipfreddie – some interesting quotes from Ben Franklin

Day 20 pocket people!
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @rabbette
    @realwil78
    @annemarilyn

We can do this!

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday didn’t end up as I wished… probably going to have to do a FD tomorrow as I already have had a nice egg casserole, fruit, and small muffins at a ladies group brunch. Leftover spinach and salmon supper.

@annemarilyn – I am delegate to our P.E.O. state convention end of this month and will experience the same 3 meals, etc., and hopefully will still be able to make good choices. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Had a reasonable FD yesterday, no gym session but otherwise it was non-eventful. At this stage I’m doubtful that I’ll hit maintenance this month, but I’m close, and will try to use these last few days wisely!

@flourbaby yep I’m with you!! Let’s make the last few days count!!

@basyjames omg how cute!!! Very jealous. What kind of breed did you get?

@rabbette love that motto. Sounds like a shakeup might make all the difference (and sometimes just doing something different to the norm can help the weight come down). Let us know!

@annemarilyn sounds like you were able to maintain some balance over the retreat weekend, well done! Always hard with those catered events!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD

36 water fast days done. I felt this fast more than number 35, but it was still on the easy side.

I’m overwhelmed by the amount of fasting being done! Go pocket list go!

Day 20 pocket people!
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @rabbette
    @realwil78
    @annemarilyn

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

After overindulging at the weekend, yesterday’s FD was a piece of cake! (pun intended). No change on the scales this morning; no surprise there, but I was just relieved I didn’t gain any weight.

I’ll be adding an extra FD this week, in addition to the usual Mon/Fri. I think it’s the only way I’ll be able to hit this month’s target.

‘A fast is better than a bad meal.’ ~ Irish Proverb

2nd Post

Trying to stay strong with the no sugar 5d per week, and bought some trail nut mix out of the vending machine at work (usually it’s only nuts and a little dried fruit/coconut) and annoyingly it had little buttons of white chocolate…! Gah.

I ate it.

The challenge will be to not have a blow out from a little bit of sugar (checked the packet and it had 12g sugars, so could have been MUCH worse).

Thanks for listening to the rant! Happy humpday everyone x

Day 21, Emden Germany, NFD

@kaywesterman Congratulations!

@basyjames How lovely, that something to look forward to!

@gretta Why do they put chocolate in there, without it, it would be a great snack.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Finding it hard to do proper FD with DH mooching about offering breakfast, nice dinners etc. He is out of work for the next few weeks while awaiting treatment for his shoulder injury (injured last November but untreated 😨), so whilst that’s good for his recovery my routine is out of sync.

Oh well. No weight gain in FD so that’s good.

Will just keep on keeping on 🤗

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD

Thanks @michelinme for scooping me into the pocket list yesterday – i didn’t put myself on doh! But best fast day this month👍 no change on the scales but that’s normal for me…. I might see it in a couple of days…
    @basyjames that’s very exciting!!
    Well done to all who fasted yesterday, it was a good long list!
    Good luck to those fasting today – just a few more FDs this month so let’s try make them count..

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21 amsterdam CD
    This weekend I basically drank and ate a lot of cake – went home to see my parents and had a bit of emotional rollercoaster (my mother is sick) and so consoled myself in cake. Unfortunately today I cannot fast (am spinning this evening and have a lunch meeting). But I will get back on the wagon tomorrow!

Hope everyone is doing well, and good luck to fasters today 🙂
    xx

Day 21 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Day 21 Wales NFD
    Day 20 FD

Day 21 – Reading, UK – FD

Yesterday went a bit Pete Tong in the evening, which was a shame because I’d been good during the day. But I didn’t put up much of a fight when OH suggested raiding Tescos. Still, today is another day. Just 5 weeks until I go on holiday and I’m a solid 5kg heavier than I was this time last year, and I wasn’t slipping through any grates last year. So must, must, must focus.

Are there any other fasters today?

Pocket List
    @ktcaroline

Day 21, London, UK, FD

Thankfully …………………… it’s a FD!!!! I don’t think I could have survived another NFD!!!! All self-control has deserted me!!!!

@funshipfreddie, I MUST remember that Irish proverb …………………. There have been many bad meals consumed, just for the sake of it. Doh!!!!

@basyjames, although I’m not a dog person, everywhere I turn at the moment, there are adverts with the cutest, fluffiest, most adorable kittens, I’ve told myself NO!!! soooo many times as the devastation at losing my 24 year old cat (15 years ago now!!) makes me want to avoid THAT at all costs ……………………………. But, I still want one!!!!!

@catch87, there’s no harm stepping off of the wagon every now & then. I know we shouldn’t eat our emotions, but as long as we have the tools to counteract any damages, we should do what we have to in order to cope ……………………… Life really is too short for self-flagellation over some cake & wine!!!!!

@at, I hope you’re lurking somewhere safe & secure in the maintenance zone!!

I woke up this morning with the tummy rumbles which signify that the weekend was NOT controlled ……………………. To put it in context ……………………….”I could have eaten a horse and chased the rider”

So I’m off to drown some seriously loud roaring dragons in peppermint tea!!!! Stay strong everyone, I’m giving myself these last 10 days to actually achieve a loss!!!!

Nice post @ktcaroline, had me chuckling at my desk, I’m guessing our international friends are scratching heads over Pete Tong!!!!!! LOL

Day 21 UK CD

Yesterday’s OMAD FD – my first this month bc virus – showed this is a surprisingly straightforward WOL to slip back into. Like old yoga pants, it just fits 😀

Drank about 3litres fizzy water & a couple of black coffees, OMAD supper was a huge pile of steamed cauliflower, a few sugar snap peas and a mound of vegan mince cooked with chestnut mushrooms, petit pois,spring onion, tomato puree, mushroom ketchup and elderberry vinegar for extra flavour. Yumsville… so much so that I went back and ate the second portion. The joy of veg meant less than 500 calories altogether…. until indulgent nibbles of vegan cheese with homemade plum & ginger jam – a match made in heaven 🙂 But amazingly I stopped (!) so still under 800 calories and feeling the benefit today.

Bit doolally after not sleeping as well, realised it’s bc I keep forgetting my B3 nicotinamide supplement at supper time. Unf bought the powder and don’t have tiny scale measure so have just slipped out fo the routine – and boy do i feel it! Ordered some veggie caps today and will make an effort to remember to add a pinch of powder to evening water until new supplies arrive.

Body & brain a bit buzzy this week and not yet done anything! I suspect I’m burnt out from last week’s push on report writing. Now’s time to focus down on meditaiton, yoga and some gentler, unpressured things to rebalance. Not least pottering in sunshine and listening to birds, so going to plant up some of my big pots.

@basyjames excited to hear about your puppy 🙂

Onwards!

Day 21 Canton OH FD

Don’t fret, just reset. I really like that @Rabette thanks!

I am with you @annemarilyn, the human body may actually function better at lower levels of consumption than we are used to in this society; that’s my theory, otherwise we would not feel so good when we fast and so bloated when we overindulge. I go to Texas Roadhouse for the rolls, skip the rolls – that is sacrilege!!! 🙂

Thank you for all your interest in the new addition to our family. She’s a toy breed – Poodle, Bichon Frise, Shih Tzu mix. And she’s gorgeous! I can’t stop watching videos I recorded of her when we picked her out. My youngest daughter has wanted a puppy for at least the last 8 years, but Hubby and I were initially very resistant to the idea– they can be a lot of work and we travel every year. But my daughter is such a hard worker; straight A student, very thoughtful and generous with her time, and this is really all she has ever really wanted. So we gave in and now I am hooked! I can’t wait to bring our little lady home, she is going to be so spoiled!

@catch87 sorry to hear about your mom, prayers going up for her

@flourbaby so sorry to hear about your cat, I am sure that was not easy. But you know what they say- better to have loved and lost, than never to have loved at all. BTW what is Pete Tong – I am scratching my head…

@michelin me yay! Feels good to get that first one under your belt doesn’t it?

I am fasting today and I feel great!!! Who’s joining me?
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames

Day 21 Melb Aust CD
    Day 20 TDEE, Day 19 TDEE, Day 18 NFD

Have been AWOL for the past few days. Still not picking up properly from being unwell. Just post-viral exhaustion, but it has sure done bad things to my motivation and self-control. Not too bad considering where I could be, but yesterday I was 200g higher than my weight at the start of the month. THIS HAS GOT TO STOP!

Lots of interesting posts, glad so many are persevering and losing so well. Just hope to be joining you soon. So, onwards and downwards we go!

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD

Quick check in -hope to read and respond later on.

Onward and downward.

Day 21. California. FD

Hopefully I can cope with a FD after my travel day yesterday.i won’t get on the scales until I’ve done two of these 😬

Back at work at a conference but have to leave at noon because our car is in San Diego and we ended up landing in Los Angeles last night so we have to go and get it!

Still have no kitchen but progress was made while we were gone.

Haven’t had chance to read any posts this morning because I’m still on Hawaii time and my body thinks it’s 3:30 am.

Day 21 UK NFD

Haha I’m in the same boat @ktcaroline – only worse 2 weeks til holiday and I can’t fit in some of the clothes I saved from last year but determined not to buy a size larger Might have a very small take on bag 🎒

Day 21: Gloucestershire UK, NFD:
    I’m getting a bit slack at posting….sorry folks! Can’t fast, but OUGHT to post anyway.
    Beautiful sunny day, on the rural delivery today….quite a pleasure, as Tuesdays are (normally) a light day on the mail.
    Had another session of acupuncture this afternoon…the tendonitis is improving.

Keep up the good work everybody; sorry not to reply to you all individually…too many posts, can’t hold it all in my head!

Day 20, UK, FD

Day 21, NFD, 66.5kg

@ciren2 @michelinme @jaifaim @gretta @rabbette thank you for all your kind words, I really appreciate it xx

I haven’t been around much and haven’t replied to any posts, work has been very demanding as well as family life, but I want you to know I read all of your words. My FD went well yesterday (for me busy days are the best to avoid food cravings) and today I hit my weight target for this month (with 10 days to spare and with a holiday and a few restaurant outings included!). Will carry on doing 2 FDs a week as it has been working well.

Good luck to any fasters today!

Day 21 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Broke my fast from yesterday at about 40 hours with a yummy, healthy smoothie followed by some squeaky cheese (cheese curds) and pepperoni bites. May eat a good salad later, but keep the eating window to 6 hours. Then will start another fast day. Yes, it’s good to get back to this WOE after the retreat.

@basyjames – seeing I’d never had their rolls, I didn’t have a memory bank to tempt me at The Texas Roadhouse :). Thinking of puppies, a memory came to mind as you talked of your upcoming addition to your household. As I grew up, we couldn’t have a dog as my parents’ thinking was that it was cruel to confine a dog in a yard. They’d grown up on farms where dogs had a purpose…I was the oldest of 5 children and when my youngest brother had some emotional challenges that we couldn’t figure out, my brother next to me, came home with Taffy – a young cocker spaniel because he felt she would be good therapy for our brother. So Taffy became a valued part of the family.

@betsylee – I hope you will soon get your energy restored. As I write this, I’m thinking of our speaker on the retreat last weekend. She’s a theology professor and wonderful communicator and human who’s been through some tough stuff. She comforted us as she has been comforted… If I remember correctly, you’re in some religious studies. Thought you might appreciate this piece of info.

@songbirdme – refresh my memory, what is P.E.O?

We can do this forum friends!

Day 21, VA, USA, WFDx2

Too tired and weak today to say much. Usually my 2nd water fasting day I feel better, but it is obvious I need more rest.

@ktcaroline – I was at first thinking oh wow Pete Tong is spinning and someone went to see him. Then I paused and went wait… that sentence says “went a bit Pete Tong”. NOT went to see Pete Tong. Ha LOVE IT!

@basyjames – Pete Tong is cockney rhyming slang for the word wrong.

Day 21 fasters – Join the gang!
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @basyjames
    @rabbette WDFx2

Day 21 – Ireland – NFD

Looks like a good fasting day was had by all yesterday.

How are all our newbies doing? And hello to any old timers out there reading the posts… we are all in this together whether posting or not.

@ktcaroline I like the idea of us slipping through grates 😂
    @songbirdme I’m off to buy some 🍄 ! Your recipe looks delicious 😋
    @catch87 – good luck today if you do fast .. you are having a tough time so go easy on yourself. I hope your mum is better soon.
    @flourbaby – yes just 10 days left …but any loss will be a success 👏 it will very little for me I think but then I’ve surprised myself in the last week before so we’ll see.
    @michelinme I’m so glad to hear you are slipping back into this WOL after your rough few weeks…
    @betsylee mind yourself – time enough to get back on track when you are back to full health 💕
    @rabbette – take care and rest up…
    @basyjames sounds like your puppy is going to be sooo cute and @annemarilyn my dad was brought up on a farm and we didn’t have a family dog for the same reason even though we had an enormous garden at home.. he just didn’t want to confine a dog to a garden and he also had the travel bug. We spent all our time in my neighbours house with their golden lab and some of my fondest memories are when she would have pups….my little sister an I would have to be dragged home 😂 … so we didn’t miss out too much.
    Welcome back from your holidays @rafiki44 – hope you had a fabulous time 🏖

@ciren2 whatever you do keep posting, you’ll get back on track soon 🤞
    @georgia83 – good to see you here and a huge 👏 on reaching your May target already!

I am a little “achey” this week… not sure why other than it’s been super busy and a bit stressful here both with work and family and I have a weekend away with a long cycle this weekend so hoping I’ll be on better form by then… I’m not ill 🤒 as such but just tired … I did wonder if I might be low on potassium so have introduced a few bananas per week although they are full of sugar so don’t want to eat too many…
    I may need to look into my nutrition for cycling as need to make sure I’m getting all that I need to keep me going during the longer rides … tbh I’m not very scientific and just get so bored when I start to even think about it 😂

Anyway, another day dawns and I won’t be doing my usual FD today as have dinner out with girlfriends tonight but stay strong Wednesday fasters 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

A few minutes to go before setting off for work. So, Hi all. Hoping for a good day today for all of us xx
    @georgia83: Very well done on reaching your target for May, especially with what’s going on for you at the moment.
    @annemarilyn: Another good fast for you!
    @rabbette: Take care xx

Must fly….

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD – repost – messed up my date🗓

Looks like a good fasting day was had by all yesterday.
    How are all our newbies doing? And hello to any old timers out there reading the posts… we are all in this together whether posting or not.
    @ktcaroline I like the idea of us slipping through grates 😂
    @songbirdme I’m off to buy some 🍄 ! Your recipe looks delicious 😋
    @catch87 – good luck today if you do fast .. you are having a tough time so go easy on yourself. I hope your mum is better soon.
    @flourbaby – yes just 10 days left …but any loss will be a success 👏 it will very little for me I think but then I’ve surprised myself in the last week before so we’ll see.
    @michelinme I’m so glad to hear you are slipping back into this WOL after your rough few weeks…
    @betsylee mind yourself – time enough to get back on track when you are back to full health 💕
    @rabbette – take care and rest up…
    @basyjames sounds like your puppy is going to be sooo cute and @annemarilyn my dad was brought up on a farm and we didn’t have a family dog for the same reason even though we had an enormous garden at home.. he just didn’t want to confine a dog to a garden and he also had the travel bug. We spent all our time in my neighbours house with their golden lab and some of my fondest memories are when she would have pups….my little sister an I would have to be dragged home 😂 … so we didn’t miss out too much.
    Welcome back from your holidays @rafiki44 – hope you had a fabulous time 🏖
    @ciren2 whatever you do keep posting, you’ll get back on track soon 🤞
    @georgia83 – good to see you here and a huge 👏 on reaching your May target already!
    I am a little “achey” this week… not sure why other than it’s been super busy and a bit stressful here both with work and family and I have a weekend away with a long cycle this weekend so hoping I’ll be on better form by then… I’m not ill 🤒 as such but just tired … I did wonder if I might be low on potassium so have introduced a few bananas per week although they are full of sugar so don’t want to eat too many…
    I may need to look into my nutrition for cycling as need to make sure I’m getting all that I need to keep me going during the longer rides … tbh I’m not very scientific and just get so bored when I start to even think about it 😂
    Anyway, another day dawns and I won’t be doing my usual FD today as have dinner out with girlfriends tonight but stay strong Wednesday fasters 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 22, Emden Germany, NFD

@basyjames your daughter must be so exited!

@rabbette don’t overdo it, take care! x

@jaifaim you could eat broccoli, mushrooms, tomatoes, chicken, lean ground beef to get more potassium in, it all has less sugar than bananas.

@betsylee I hope you feel better soon, take care! x

@georgia83 well done on reaching your target for May! I hope your brother gets all the help he needs and life will get easier for him again.

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@gretta – you’re too funny, with your chocolate buttons! But, what’s humpday? Never heard that before; I’m sure that would sound rude in the UK?! 🤔

Busy Busy! 10 more days, good luck for today’s fasters!

Day 22 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Quick check in, very busy day. Will try and catch up later!
    Pocket list day 22
    @gretta

ps. @funshipfreddie hump day aka Wednesday… all downhill to the weekend 🙂

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD (hopefully)

Going to try for it, fingers crossed have not put on any weight but neither have I lost this week. I see the May goal disappearing. Oh well, keep trying. Keep remembering I am 30lbs lower than when I started 2 years ago, wearing UK size 10’s, keep on keeping on.

@funshipfreddie Hump Day means Wednesday, the hump of the week, once over today it’s a freedom ride to the weekend! Though I know exactly what you mean about it sounding rude ha ha😆

Have a training course this morning about Code of Business Conduct and there is a workshop too. Yikes. You can tell I am SO not looking forward to this. Corporate balderdash. But it’s mandatory so no choice. Boooooooo 😡

Day 22 – Reading, UK – FD

Hump day and thoughts of the weekend creep in. A long weekend coming up which will introduce its own challenges. I’m encouraged by a loss yesterday, but starving today, so must focus. Everyone has lots going on, and I wonder what you are all like behind your keyboards. The internet is indeed a strange land.

Onwards and downwards everyone!

Day 22 UK CD

Yesterday’s CD morphed into nearer a NFD in terms of calories but was fab in terms of healthy food! Some small changes in my approach and I’m enjoying it. This morning showed i’m up 3lb on the the start of the challenge but like @daffodil2010 i’m reflecting on how far I’ve come and not sweating it. Life has ups and downs and this is a WOL not an event 🙂

Lunch was large salad of spinach, watercress, avocado & cherry tomatoes with tofu and yeast flakes; supper was vegan fish fingers with half a baked sweet potato, a big pile of steamed tenderstem brocoli and petit pois… All Good. Then pudding was coconut yogurt with apple, almonds, raisins and cacao – yummy, healthy, but bumped my calories right up!

The changes for me were discovering self-control and portion size came really naturally – not having the whole sweet potato or the whole block of tofu or last of the green veg or making an instant second helping of the pudding. So between them there’s either an easy lunch or light supper ready for speedy prep when I get back tonight. Result!

Also remembered to drink plenty of water which seems to be key to feeling healthy anyway. I always need more than average so a good day is 3litres and 2litres never quite enough!

Took the day off from project work bc my brain wasn’t in the right place, and instead spent time grounding myself by gentle yoga & meditation then repotting mostly outdoor plants while listening to an audiobook. “What matters in the end” is all about understanding, planning and talking about what would make a good death. I’ve been meaning to listen for ages and somehow repotting plants and lifting out bulbs seemed a really good accompaniment 🙂

Into town this afternoon for a gentle catch up meeting with a colleague, and plenty of project work to pick up in the next couple of days. But planning a beautifully balanced week with time off, social time and a really interesting study/art day to go to on Friday. All with warm early summer weather – what’s not to like?

Wihsing you all a good day, whatever it brings xx

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@jaifaim funny you mention feeling tired and ‘achey’ as that is how I’m feeling this week. I wondered if it is hay fever or some nutritional deficiency. Good job it was a NFD yesterday as I ate bread and a sweet potato…..very, very rarely eat those being LCHF but maybe it was what I needed as I feel less tired today and so far not aching. On Monday I went for a walk and my legs felt so weak and tired I was at half my usual speed 🐌 !!!

Planning to include more carbs again today as I still feel I need an energy boost, then I will reset with tomorrow’s FD.

@flourbaby I understand your hesitation after losing a fur baby but cats (and puppies) makes a house a home…..resist no more 🐈

Happy hump day everyone 🙂

Day 22, London, UK, FD

I’m chuffed to bits with yesterdays’ FD, well below 500cals which they haven’t been for a while. I think the 800cal allowance derailed me for a time. I can stick to 500 cal OMAD or an 18:6 day without too many problems but, for me, 800 is too high because inevitably it spreads into 2 large meals and makes me hungrier. Yesterday was filled with water & peppermint tea then a Smoked haddock chowder for dinner, I really do prefer the simple life!!! I think I was channelling you, @michelinme!!

I’m keeping super busy at work today, I’ve bone broth+ on hand for a very late lunch or perhaps I’ll save it and combine it with the portion at home for a filling dinner (the + is mushrooms, chicken, sweet pepper, onion & konjac noodles) for under 400 cals (2 portions).

@daffodil2010, it WILL be a FD for you today!! Once you’ve got one under your belt you’ll wonder why you haven’t been doing them regularly. I sometimes forget just how much I LOVE FDs …………………………… no bedtime reading – just out like a light and jumped out of bed this morning like it was Xmas morning!! No angst about chocolate, crisps, wine or bread – it’s a FD remember!!! Working my smug face when I see colleagues stuffing their faces from arriving at work until they leave!!! The loose rings are back after just one successful FD and I’m loving how all it takes is a glass of water to silence the roaring dragon. I’ve been feeding him some crap lately and now I’m savouring the grumbling tummy/roar since I know it’s the fake ‘H’ word …………….. HABIT not Hunger!!!!

We really can do this guys, there’s no other option, certainly not one that allows for a few days a week to be just like everyone else, to never have to say, ‘No, I’m on a diet’ and to feel sooooo powerful & in control simply because you CAN choose to eat, not to eat, what to eat, when to eat without counting every calorie, every day of every week or putting ‘Life’ on hold by being anti-social or hiding from tempting foods!!

I’m getting evangelical about fasting again!! Time to go!!!

Day 22 Canton OH WFD

I wish I had time to read and respond to posts, but I have some insane deadlines to meet due to the upcoming holiday.

Hold strong , I am keeping you all in my hearts

Day 22 Melb Aust TDEE (meant to be a FD, but oh well!)

Persevering, as are we all. Keep well, all you busy souls! I have been throwing out food I’ve been finding in my cupboards and fridge (how did it all get there??) but a bit found its way into the mouth. All gone now, so tomorrow is another day 🙂

Keep on keeping on everyone!

Day 22. California. NFD

Yesterday was a good FD. Will do another one tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

Humpday?? Nooo I’ve not heard that before either @funshipfreddie
    so, WEDNESDAY.

Lovely sunny and rather warm day here today. Deliveries not tooo bad for a Wednesday (HD?)seeing as it’s normally a pretty heavy day, I only went 15 minutes over my time. Just had a gardener come and do our privet hedge which runs round two sides of our corner plot. DH is feeling his age so, from now on, we’ll bite the bullet and pay someone to do it. He’s always done it three times every year.

@betsylee: Now, how DID all that food get in your cupboards and fridge??
    @flourbaby: well done for getting back on track….maybe I’ll join you….one day?
    @michelinme: Like you, I drink LOADS of water…but then I don’t drink anything else at all. Food is MY problem!

Day 22, VA, USA, WFDx3

Feeling better today. Day 3 of Water fasting, and this is the day that I do usually always have way more energy.

Water Fasting today has been incredibly easy.

@flourbaby – I’m with ya, I find if I do <500 cal I’m much better off. I know that I can have 1 nice meal and I’m satisfied. I also don’t think <800 would help me lose weight, I mean 5:2 wont’ help me budge, so I think 800 calories is too much for my body. My body is stubborn (but my mind is more stubborn b/c I’m gonna win this game darn it.)

@funshipfreddie & Ciren2 – as you suspected it means Wednesday. Meaning the middle of the week or top of the hill b/c the there are only 2 more days left in the work week. Although I could see how hump day may sound offensive and/or suggestive.

Pocket list day 22
    @gretta
    @rabbette WFDx3

Day 22 second post

Grumpy as all heck, posting for accountability so I don’t eat my feelings.

PM catch up tea meeting with colleague cancelled due to emergency.Went into town anyway but wished I hadn’t, felt very disconnected and on the edge.

Got astonishingly upset by simple thing, which says more about how tired and vulnerable I was feeling. Clearly not yet back to form after virus but glad I’m able to own the feelings.

Heading home, and realized I’ve only had a Clementine and two throat sweets today. Plus black coffee, peppermint tea and 2.5 litres of water -thus far!

Now need to get past supermarket without turning to food as feeling-salve…

Day 22 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Going for a WFD today. My body is saying thank you.

@michelinme – sorry your well balanced day went by the wayside. You’re owning it. Our feelings are so fickle but it does help if we recognize them. It helps to move forward to a better place.

@flourbaby – when you say you have bone broth in hand, is this your own or a commercial product? I’m out of my own right now & wondering if I want to make my own again or pick up something commercial. Thanks for reminding me of konjac noodles. I’ve even got some in the pantry but haven’t used them in quite a while.

Pocket list day 22
    @gretta
    @rabbette WFDx3
    @funshipfreddie
    @ktcaroline
    @flourbaby
    @annemarilyn

We can do this; and it’s nicer together!

Day 22 3rd post

@annemarilyn thank you! Home safe – tho v weary indeed after all the crying! Came out of supermarket with bargains – courgetti, tomatoes, avocados, hummus & lentil chips. I could feel you all with me, guiding me to better choices 🙂 Happy I stayed away from sugar and all the comfort foods – and Amazingly still a CD – yay!

Small steps to better health and better balanced minds & bodies 🙂
    We’re stronger – and it’s nicer – together!

Day 22 – Japan – NFD
    Day 23 – Japan – WFD

I’m changing up my schedule this week, kind of on the spur of the moment. I have a conflict with eating this morning so why not just try for a water fast day. The funny part is I got up early so I could eat.

Also I injured my left foot. Probably just pulled muscles but it is greatly limiting my ability to workout. So an early fast doesn’t hurt since I’m not burning as many calories right now.

@rabbette – Great work … I agree though that water fasting is easy. Still 3 days is a major push.

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Half a kilo off my target after yesterday’s FD! Phew?!

@flourbaby – I loved your very inspirational post yesterday! I should copy it to read on tough FDs. I don’t think I’ll ever grow to love them, but your enthusiasm is contagious!

@georgia83 – well done for reaching your target – 10 days early!

@ciren2 – I’m glad I’m not the only one who’d never heard of hump day! I guess as someone who’s always worked shifts/weekends, it just wasn’t in my vocabulary. And then, once you’ve retired…

‘I fast for greater physical and mental efficiency.’ ~ Plato

Day 23, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 23 – Ireland – FD

@snowflake56 thanks for that… yep it would make a lot more sense to eat those rather than lots of bananas… plus more reason to try @songbirdme’s mushrooms! Funny I’ve been craving mushrooms the past few weeks..

Hey @gretta I always see Wednesday as humpday 🐪 but i suppose any day that feels like you’re « over the hump » works 👍
    Well done @flourbaby and @rafiki44 – hearing people doing well on their fast day is so important for us… your enthusiasm is fantastic motivation for the rest of us 👏
    💪@basyjames! Go you!
    And well done @funshipfreddie too!
    @michelinme I’m sorry to hear you were upset…. good to talk about those feelings here where we all feel safe and free to air our thoughts 💭

Pocket list for today :
    @jaifaim

Have a good one all 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 23, va, USA, ???

I don’t know what kind of day I am aiming for. I injured my eye yesterday and it’s 2:30am here – I’m up b/c it is weeping soooo much.

On the flip side I had an excellent WFD – my third day is usually a breeze. I was wanting to go for 5 days. But being up in pain with weeping eye I started to feel I needed broth. Besides I wanted to prepare my stomach Incase i needed to take any meds internally (which the thought was making my stomach churn, so I thought I best get on that stat.)

Will schedule an eye appointment right away tomorrow considering I won’t be sleeping b/c it hurts to close my poor eye.

This is making me feel all sorts of discombobulated.

@dykask – honestly the 3rd and 4th day are easiest for me, now my physical activity is yoga several times a day (I teach it), I can’t say I would be able to withstand the physical routine I know that you do.

I can see out of my eye it just hurts like the dickens!

Later for now.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.