May 2019 Challenge

This topic contains 718 replies, has 55 voices, and was last updated by  jaifaim 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 719 total)

• Day 17 – Reading, UK CD

A bit late posting today – it’s been a busy day. Super hungry now and will try not to let everything go to pieces this weekend (which it might). But I guess three strict days is going to help. Goodness, it’s got to help. Like someone else (can’t find the post now) the scales havent been as helpful as I would have liked. But there’s always next week …

So congrats on new arrivals, hope dramas not too bad, and I wonder was a FF sandwich is? Bon weekend tout le monde

Onwards and downwards – whilst keeping our sanity!

USA Day 17 FD

Thank you everyone for your kind congratulations on my grandson! He is adorable but the doctor wouldn’t let anyone but the parents hold him yet. It could be because we have a measles outbreak here.

Wishing all of you the very best on your fasts today! …and exercise routines!

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD- second quick post

Hi all, we are over halfway there whoo hoo!
    I am running around like a mad yoke today so have not had a chance to read the posts but feeling like we are all working away on out personal challenges for this month… well done all 👏
    Hope the Friday fasters are doing ok!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 17 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Keeping to TRE today, maybe 16:8. Broke my last fast at 12:30ish yesterday, so had 2 42 hour fasts this week. The 1st one a water fast and the 2nd became a liquid fast at about 24 hours when I added some cream to my hot Dandyblend drink in the evening.
    Off to a women’s retreat for the weekend later this afternoon in northern Idaho. I’ll try to make the healthiest choices I can.

@snowflake56 – I’m so glad you’re experiencing some improvement with your hand. I pray you have complete healing.

@basyjames – I know this soundwave machine is available in several states. Here is the website that might help with a little info. http://www.spokanesoundwave.com. Some of the testimonials refer to different states. Also, the couple that owns the machine here used to go down to Oregon for their treatments.

@jaifaim – hope your drama settles down and you have a good day.

Glad we’re on this journey together!

Day 17, UK, NFD

I’m still here, not active but lurking in the background 🙊 . Its been a hectic time for me though, and quite stressful. I feel like I have to channel all my energy and use it for getting through each day, so I find myself not doing much at all, if that makes sense.
    Eating has not been good, and there has been few glasses of 🍷 , but I have had successful FDs as well, so I’m holding to my weight and even lost a little.
    We have to soldier on ….

Sorry I’m not replying to many posts but I’m still catching up. I do think about you guys and it makes me feel better 🤗

I see above that @ccco is a grandmother now! Congratulations! 👶 🎊

I hope everyone has a great weekend ❤

Day 17, VA USA, WFD->FD

So yesterday I was craving greens at lunch and decided I could make that 4th day of the Egg Fast a transition day. On Sunday I have a dinner I am attending and I know the food there will not be low carb AND there will be very good fancy beer. I only drink the fancy beers/stouts. (You could say it is my wine, since I can not drink wine.)

Hot flashes last night 4:30am wake up from them buggers. Whew.

@snowflake – so glad you are improving. The thumb-pinky one is challenging. Try it slower like wayyyyy slower and then increase the speed a little. It could also be that the pinky fingers are usually weaker and this game happens to eggerate(sp) that fact.

@daffodil2010 – How freak-in exciting to take your van out and finally “stretch her sea legs” I’m glad to have found you guys too! I too have learned a great deal.

@funshipfreddie & @gretta – ummmm yeah, I must admit I have a bit of a problem with being addicted to my scale. (But I do have to think the whole time in Denver I didn’t even ask my friend if I could use her scale) so maybe its just really MY SCALE that I have a love affair with… I mean he does have a name. Mr. Particular.

@michelinme – 11000 words! I’m gonna say WOW. its funny as much as I write to you guys on this thread, I am scared out of my mind to write things. Like my yoga Bio, or writing about teaching a yoga workshop, or a yoga manual for teaching to my students. I am dyslexic which does make my thoughts a bit unorganized. Especially for writing something that is trying to convince someone else they need to try/do/or take my workshop, is such a challenge.

@ccco – yippie new grand-baby! Its better than new car smell 😉

@missybear – I totally feel your pain. I had a pretty good tick going in April, but May well I’m fluctuating between -0 to -2lbs lost which of course I have that dinner coming up this Sunday and I know that (I’m kinda at a -1 right now) is going back to prop where I started at the beginning of the month.

@basyjames – Teehehe “I made indecent noises when I took my first sip” Oh totally forgot about using ginger! Doh! and your open bar, would have totally been me tooooo! I mean its an open bar um yes I LOVE a good cocktail. (Good to know about the loo tho from that!) Egg fasting was interesting. – I LOVED all the eggs, but I could not drink enough water yet always felt thirsty. @snowflake56 said her Dad would do a WFDs then Eggs then a steak. THAT transition actually sounds do able and may help with coming out of the WFDs and the loo issue.

Pocket list day 17
    @dykask WFD
    @dingping
    @basyjames
    @rabbette

Day 17USA (Illinois) NFD

Busy day (like normal) of Silver Sneakers then work at the children’s museum. I just took an online trivia quiz, and the one question I missed out of 10 was which country has people get drunk most often. Little did I know it was British people! Wow… even more drinkers than in the USA? Looked it up to make sure:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/05/16/health/global-drug-survey-2019-scli-intl-gbr/index.html

Probably going to go over TDEE today, but hopefully not by too much.

@ccco – so happy you are a grandmother! And a grandson to boot… we have 5 grands but all granddaughters with slim chance of having any more grands. Enjoy him!

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

35 water fast are in. I did have a 20 hours (skipping supper) water fast but I’m not counting that.

I’m surprised, this was one of the easiest fasts I’ve had in a long time. I haven’t broken it yet but just this morning I’m starting to feel a bit empty, not even really hungry. On my business trip I had too much food. My body needed the fast.

Day 18 Herefordshire U.K. FD

Another FD for me before rolling into a busy week with family.

@daffodil2010, @flourbaby, @basyjames – you’ve expressed what many feel here.
    @michelinme – I second @rabbette ‘s WOW 1100 words written through the night. Sleep well and rest easy those batteries need serious recharging.
    @missybear – feel your frustration. Has your neighbour thing calmed down?
    @jaifaim – hope things have calmed down.
    @shinything – welcome back, sorry to hear life has been stressful, hope being back here means life is re balancing.
    @ccco – bet you can’t wait to hug your little one, shame you have to wait a bit longer.
    @ktcaroline – FF = fish fingers

Pocket List
    @dingping

Wishing all a happy weekend.
    Ta

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@songbirdme I just read that study re alcohol & binge-drinking Brits; yes we’re #1, out of 36 countries! With the USA & Australia 2nd & 3rd. I read recently that most younger people are shunning alcohol; it’s older people who’re drinking more. But I think a paradigm shift is happening, slowly but surely. Governments need to put in as much effort to educate people about the dangers of excess alcohol consumption as they have with smoking. I don’t think any African countries were included in the study, but I’m quite sure South Africa would have been in the top 10 if we were included. Alcohol advertising is ubiquitous here. During a half-hour news programme, there are probably around 3 beer commercials.

Have a great weekend everyone!

“Fasting is the greatest remedy, the physician within”. – Paracelsus

Day 18, Emden Germany, NFD

what a lovely morning this is! Tamme is sleeping next to me while I’m waiting for my breakfast, a slice of wholewheat bread with a mushroom stuffed omelette. My weight is going up on this diet despite eating no sugar, I compensate it by eating too many nuts. It’s time to get back to fasting again, I’m missing the routine.

@borealis lovely to see you used the spreadsheet I hope you’re fine just busy.

@daffodil2010 perhaps better to have a professional making the seat covers I guess the material would be a pain to stitch by hand.

@michelinme 11000 words that’s a lot of text! I hope you’ll have a relaxed weekend and feel better on Monday.

@missybear that’s realy annoying but you know it’s possible the scales show the weight loss later.

@jaifaim I hope thing calmed down a bit at home.

@basyjames perhaps we can do an egg fast together some day.

@betsylee Tamme is ginger with white. Could you install a cat flap?

@annemarilyn I had the hand problems before, normally it got better after a few days this time it takes longer.

@shinything I’m thinking of you every time I go to the eagle site. The eaglets are growing so fast the parents are great.

@rabbette I just keep practicing. Being dyslectic must be challenging, does it bother you much in daily life?

@dingping we had a wildflower meadow years ago at another garden, I loved it. I’m still working on emptying the room I discovered so many forgotten books. I want the room to be empty today so we can decide what to do with the walls. I wallpapered it long ago but didn’t paint it. We have 8 rolls of blue/creme wallpaper we bought for another room but didn’t use.

Have to stop breakfast has been served! Yummy!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18- Ireland – NFD

Hi all, hope everyone is doing ok?
    Thanks all!! – everything sorted now after a bananas week…
    like @shinything and some others (sending you support 💕), when things get busy or stressful for me, I find I can’t focus on anything much or even talk about what’s stressing me until I deal with the issue but all sorted here for the moment anyhow 😊
    I was late but had a lovely meal out last night with my besties and had a lot of fun too (oh and good bad food 🤭). Had some drinks too as really felt like it so came off the dry 🥂.
    @snowflake56 I am so happy to hear that you can manage tweezers now – that is fantastic news – you are doing so well 👏

Have to fly but wishing @dingping and all the Saturday fasters all the best today!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

We have power in the van! At last! So we popped prosecco and had celebratory glasses whilst sitting in our comfy seats with lovely lights twinkling around us. Bed to be installed today……then it’s time to get her re-registered into a camper by the Revenue. Woo hoo.

So we are definitely planning a road trip to Spain this Autum all being well. Yay.

@songbirdme and @funshipfreddie…..I must admit to being surprised that the Irish were only 7th on the list of drinker who get drunk…wedged between India and Mexico!
    Though I have definitely seen a shift in drinking with younger people these days, it’s more about the quality of the drink (fancy g&t’s, craft beers etc) than the quantity of the drink (which was what I experienced in the 90’s onwards). I used to work for a big multinational drinks company and the budget for advertising is shocking! Though they really did push the “Responsible Drinking” message in latter years.

Anyhow got to go. Have a great weekend ☺️

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Cloudy but dry so a good day for a walk…..but really should do some housework 🤔 both would be exercise. If I get moving I could do both.

@dingping no the neighbourhood issue is still a worry…..local authority are considering plans for housing and probably a new road in green fields right by us, we won’t know if it will be included in the area housing development plan until later this year. Very unsettling. Have a good FD 🤗

Day 18, London, UK, NFD

I’m a bit late checking in this morning, it’s been a slow start after red wine and a fabulous Thai meal last night (like you @jaifaim, with my bestie!!), since the lunch at work hadn’t materialised, I just had to indulge at my local restaurant.

@ktcaroline, that FF sandwich is straight out of the nursery …………………. Fish Finger Sandwich …………… NOBODY needs to query whether fish have fingers do they?????

The red wine has led to a slightly heavy head this morning ………………………….. sooooooo worth it!!! Anyhow, I’m aiming to have a gentle day today, then back to a CD tomorrow before next weeks’ B2B2B, I’m contemplating a LFD too, the freezer is full of bone broth, so I think it’s doable. I just need to pull my finger out & DO it!!!

Have a great weekend folks.

Day 18: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    Eeek….I missed one day, and how you’ve all moved on! Can’t hope to catch up on posts but just skim a little.
    Had to do another rural round yesterday….not the same, hard one I did on Tuesday, but rurals are hard anyway, too much getting in and out of the van….bad on the back, and my upper hamstring tendonopathy. Sore. Ouch. Had a sports massage on Thursday….she said I was very tight.
    I have my day off today, so a WEEKEND! Wow, must try not to get too excited.
    DH is getting much better….his operation site is still a bit sore, but he can go for a reasonable length of dog walk with ME. Before we’ve had to go separately because he couldn’t walk far at all, and was very slow.
    Hope you are all doing ok….sorry I’ve not kept up at all lately.
    Have a good day xx

Day 18 UK NFD

Slept most of yesterday and through last night, mostly listening to an audio book and hitting rewind when I woke up. Today was supposed to be hermit day but 2.5hr catch up call with old friend who is struggling – now ready to be a hermit!

Yesterday fatigue was so craving carbs, but made some good choices within that. Mid afternoon I made pear & ginger crumble with an oat & pumpkin seed topping, using up bargain pears I bought a couple of weeks ago. Supper was green pea pasta with creamy vegan sauce (made with cauliflower & coconut oil) plus a heap of asparagus and baked cherry tomatoes. YUMMY!

Woke up feeling puffy and hungry & finished pear crumble for breakfast! I so rarely eat breakfast but decided to go with it. Going to have something spicy and veggie for supper then early night. Planning CD tomorrow and aiming for a FD on Monday – be wonderful to get back into IF routine after 3 weeks of sick leave.

Time for yoga & meditation, early shower & hairwash and supper prep. I would be sitting outside but it’s not the warmest and I kept having chills the last few days. Maybe wrap up and take a cuppa for a read if it’s not raining this afternoon.

@daffodil2010 congratulations on your van 🙂
    @shinything really good to hear from you, sending lots of love
    @ciren2 delighted you are able to walk with DH at last 🙂
    @missybear empathy re uncertainty of neighbouring development. I love my wilderness and quiet area but the adjacent hospital is due for massive redevelopment and aparently CrossRail 2 will have a big airshaft 200m away then go right under my house. The joys of living with impending doom, noise & dust are v unsettling 🙁 xx
    @snowflake56 empathy re missing fasting – but you are doing more important things right now. Here’s to better health xx
    @jaifaim @flourbaby yay for good friends and letting your hair down!
    @funshipfreddie good luck with your move 🙂
    @dingping @rabbette thank you. Tho I probably only wrote 2000 words during the night – the rest was about editing, reformatting etc. But yes, done and beginning to have a sense of perspective and achievement now! 🙂 🙂 🙂 I have 2 weeks without meetings, during which I’ll catch up with some planning, writing, editing and preparing and mix that in with social and enjoyable activities every couple of days. May even go away for a night or two with DD. What’s not to love? 🙂
    @rabbette I have problems with executive function so really struggle with planning projects, working out what to say, how to structure, how long things will take etc. That’s prob why I always seem so overloaded – do my thinking outloud and have to plan a lot to compensate!

OK. Off to stretch and meditate, sit outside with a cuppa and enjoy being alive and breathing spring air. Hope you all have a lovely weekend – with breathing space x

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday turned out okay, just okay, but on exercise days, I am always especially hungry. Going to do a 16:8 today. Likely salmon stuffed with a pesto, spinach, mushroom, Italian cheese recipe that I adapted from my old South Beach days. Wonderfully tasty. Might even throw in a piece of garlic bread for an indulgence.

Wine lovers first, and now the dangers for us cheese lovers:

https://www.verywellfit.com/cheese-nutrition-facts-calories-and-health-benefits-4117668?utm_campaign=todaysl&utm_medium=email&utm_source=cn_nl&utm_content=16929605&utm_term=

Then there are the alcohol over-users!

@funshipfreddie – yes, it does seem that the English speaking world is especially guilty of overindulgence of alcohol. Maybe it’s impossible to ascertain exactly why, but likely our religious preferences and socio-economic standings IMHO. Hope your move goes well.

@daffodil2010 – I also thought the Irish would be farther up there!

Scale name “Mr. Particular” is great! @rabbette – I do like that one! Who was it who named theirs “Cruella” – it was a while ago on this forum….

Onward and downward.

https://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=697962

The stuffed salmon recipe. I start with a regular salmon cut, not just the filets, and usually that makes 2 servings. To the stuffing I add mushrooms and grated Italian cheese (usually the blend in the bag in American groceries). I also wrap it in tin foil to BAKE, not broil, and about 20-30 minutes at 375 F. degrees (190-200 C.)

Day 18. Maui. NFD
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 16 NFD

I was doing pretty well steering clear of snacking until after two strong Mai Tai’s I felt a strong pull towards the popcorn and chips. Trying to recover with a 16:8 day today.

@ccco congratulations on your grand baby 👶 how exciting!

@michelinme I think I will take a stab at making the magnesium cream

Day 19 Wales NFD
    Day 18 EFS fell off wagon after finishing nights 08.30 Sat morning, you all know that nights screw up my mood
    Day 17 FD

@ccco congratulations hope you can have a cwtch soon xx

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I was doing quite well this weekend, until I spotted ‘Rocky Road Bites’ in Woolies Food Hall (Turkish delight, peanuts & marshmallows in milk chocolate). I bought a bag – and ate 3 pieces, at about 70 calories per minuscule piece! Fortunately it wasn’t nearly as nice as I’d imagined it would be, or else I would most likely have scoffed the lot. I think I’ll be glad when this weekend is over; there’s just too much temptation on NFDs. That’s why I stay away from supermarkets on FDs.

@songbirdme & @rabbette – I have a couple of names for my scales too, neither of which can be repeated in polite company🤨.

Warning! Chocolate can make your clothes shrink 🍫

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Checking in. So busy yesterday that the only food choice was pizza and chips. Ooops.

Trying to be better today. Have a good Sunday.

Day 19: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD.

Bright, sunny start to the day. Just took the dog for a longish walk together with DH. I no longer walk alone…

Day 19. NFD London

Going to do a walk with a big group of friends today. Hammersmith to Barnes then onto Mortlake. I organise them about 6 times a year, and someone volunteers to gen up on historical stuff and tell us about what we see en route. Including two breweries today. One defunct and one under threat. It’s a bit chilly in London today ( I think; not actually got out of bed yet…). But should be fun. We usually end up in an historic pub by the river somewhere. Have a good day all. H

Day 19 UK NFD

Sorry I’ve been AWOL just been so far from where I want to be with my eating and drinking couldn’t face posting But there’s still a good chunk of the month left so I’m aiming to get back onboard …again will find an hour later to catch up and prepare myself for fasting tomorrow x

Day 19 – USA – NFD

Just checking in…reading and enjoying all your posts daily to keep up. Still maintaining between 136 and 139 lbs., hula-hooping, working lots of hours. @ccco, congratulations on your new little bundle! My mom used to say my kids were “a cure”. @daffodil, @annemarilyn, @basyjames, @at, @EmmaTaylor, @brightonbelle, @ciren2, @snowflake56, @songbirdme, @flourbaby, @missybear, @dingping, @dykask, a special hello and glad to see you are all still posting strong!

Day 19
    Florida
    NFD Back home after a few days with my grands to celebrate their graduations. Had a nice visit. Ate out a lot but manage to hold my weight the same. I’m proud to say one of my photos won a Merit Award at an art show In Tampa.
    Getting back in the groove.
    Have a great Sunday.

Hi all, I am with my parents today so just checking in while I have a moment. Have had two late nights but a really lovely unplanned day out and about with friends yesterday and so grateful to have them and you all in my life.. 💕
    @rafiki44, @ Russetfox, @funshipfreddie, @daffodil2010 seems like yherebmyst be something in the air this weekend… I also have “done the dog” 🐶 with food choices this weekend but I’m not going to dwell on it 😂… that was then….. this is now 👍😂😂
    @brightonbelle – a good third of the month left …. we can still make it work for us… I have stayed static weight wise but am going to up my efforts this week… we can do it together….
    @metatauta – great to see you here and to hear you are still hula hooping ⭕️ … k hope that pressure ease soon for you…

@ciren2 – it’s great that you have company on your walks 💕 and @EmmaTaylor – your walk sounds great! What a lovely thing for you to organise for your friends 💡 I love your village pubs over there and we have to factor in a pub on our walks whenever I’m in the UK (about once a month) 👍 🍻
    I’m
    Not sure if anyone is fasting but if you are .. good luck and stay strong 💪.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 17 NFD
    Day 18 NFD
    Day 19 NFD
    Been struggling a bit to get back in track this month. Did really well on the first half of May but finding it difficult at the moment. My mum told me that my brother has serious debts and talks about killing himself, which really disturbed me as I have always seen him as a funny balanced guy with a good job and 2 gorgeous daughters. Really caught off guard and been feeling emotional since.
    Will try a FD tomorrow.
    I hope everyone had a good weekend xx G.

@songbirdme: Hooray, we’re going to practice Ave Verum Corpus to sing at First Holy Communion next month! I love singing that….even though it’s too high for me and we don’t have enough of us to split into voices so I could do alto.

@georgia83: I’m so sorry to hear of your brother’s troubles with debt. Please direct him to some kind of counselling….he must talk it through and get help, also from his GP, as he’s talking of suicide. Your mum must also be worried sick. ((hugs)) xx

Day 19 UK CD

Good enough CD today. Homemade guacamole with lentil crisps at lunchtime, vegan koftas with sugar snap peas & rocket salad for supper. Feeling v full and happy to have stayed away from sugar & most carbs this weekend – xc the delicious pear & ginger crumble of course.

Went out this am in a more close-fitting top than I’ve worn in a while, and really had a sense of how much smaller I am. Amazingly two weeks running people in their 30s have thought i’m also in my 30s – rather than mid 50s! Either I’m looking v youthful or am just immature 😀 😀 😀 Clearly this WOL knocks off years along with the lbs 🙂

DD gave me some trousers this morning that are too big for her. She’s a v tiny-waisted size 8-10 so I loved that she thought they’d fit me!!! Amazingly I could get them on & done up but I had a bit of an upward ooze 😀 Waist only c 1″ too small tho which was quite simply amazing. I’ll hang onto them for a wee while and see which way I go – or if her potential seamstress is able to take them in for her first!

Came home via the supermarket – came out with lentil chips, coconut yogurt and Italian lemons. Instead of buying chocolate I switched my Sunday treat to two daisy plants to put amongs the lavender bushes in my front garden. Good to give the bees something to be going on with 🙂

So looking forward to my first FD this month after 3.5 weeks illness. Body is raring to go – and will appreciate it it after regaining 3lbs. FD is reasonably well-planned in terms of drinks during the day and OMAD supper involving cauliflower, sugar snap peas, watercress & chestnut mushrooms… what’s not to love?

@georgia83 so sorry to hear about your brother; what a worry for you all. Serious empathy – I was weighed down by debt c10years ago and it felt like being down a black hole. There are some amazing debt counselling charities around who can help with working out budgets, contacting creditors etc- such a relief not to have to do it on your own – & it’s one of the few areas where there’s still funding for advice (via local CAB) xx
    @emmataylor that’s one of my favourite walks!
    @kaywesterman congratulations on your prize-winning photograph 🙂
    @metatauta good to see you again 🙂
    @brightonbelle i’m just getting going too – plenty of time left to make a difference. It only takes one good day to reset 🙂

Day 19 NFD quick check in

I usually don’t check in on weekends but decided to see how my online family is doing. I do not have time to comment but it’s good to see you guys 🙂

keep on keeping on!!!

Day 19 -Ireland – second post..

Just back home … ready for bed after this busy weekend 😊
    @georgia83 just wanted to check in to say that I’m sorry to hear of your brother’s troubles and your sadness… it is good that he has talked about it to your mum and as @ciren2 and @michelinme have said it’s so important that he looks for help to get through this dark time… sending you love and support 💕@michelinme you are an inspiration – so glad to hear your body is bouncing back… take it easy though 🤗

Day 19 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 17 — NFD (85 bites)
    Day 18 — NFD (71 bites)

Just checking in — still very wiped-out. The MFD has gone well.

Hope all is going well!

Day 20 – Melbourne Aus – FD

So after a strong fasting week last week, the weekend was my absolute undoing. Drank too much (no surprise that the aussies are up there in that study @funshipfreddie and @songbirdme), and yesterday devoured an entire bag of prawn crackers (one of those huge ones from Asian restaurants) which I ordered with dumpling lunch. Ugh. Feeling very puffy today. The whole weekend, in fact, was filled with poor choices of food. No wonder I’m not feeling great. Back to it today.

One bonus is that the FD is flying by with residual fullness and slight tummy ache from the weekend (**sigh**).

@jaifaim glad things are settling down for you. I get a bit the same when overwhelmed with too much stuff.

@daffodil2010 what a milestone with the van!!! Sounds like you’re almost there!

@ciren2 such great news about your DH, hope you get back to doing your usual round, those rural rounds sound tough!

@michelinme you’re making my mouth water with that food that you made. Glad to hear you’re finally on the mend!

@georgia83 that’s awful news about your brother, hope he and your family are getting the support you need.

11 days to go in this months challenge, let’s stay strong!

Pocket List Day 20
    @gretta

Day 20 – Japan – WFD

I’m well into the fast now … only 18 hours to go.

Adding myself to the pocket list:

Pocket List Day 20
    @gretta
    @dykask

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My weekend went from bad to worse as far as food consumption is concerned. I was invited round by a new neighbour, for what I imagined was just a couple of drinks. She suddenly appeared with a huge plate of food, followed by a gigantic slice of cheesecake! 😱 Oh well, it’s a new week. I’m so close to my goal; it’s a case of when, not if, I’ll reach it. Still 12 days left – we can do this!

The best of all medicines are rest and fasting. ~ Benjamin Franklin

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Drawing a veil over yesterday’s food choices….busy busy busy with the van then snack snack snack on rubbish (and why did I even have rubbish in the house?). I also had TOM so everything together 🙄

Feel good today and ready for the FD. My usual routine is out of sync as DH is off work with his shoulder injury, but he is aware of my FD so hopefully we can eat together but different foods ☺️

@ciren2 I was in a choir in my school days and the Ave Verum was our key piece. We won quite a few competitions singing the Ave Verum. I still remember every word, and my part….I was in firsts (soprano?) and loved when we had to hit that high note and hold it. Ha ha, I will be singing the Ave Verum all day in work now 🤗

Have a good Monday.

Day 20 – Ireland – FD

11 days left and we can make each and every day count 🎯

It will probably be a busy 4 day week for me as I have a long weekend trip to the west next weekend 🚲 … should be lots of fun but also challenging.

Fast days planned are today and Thursday. I am tempted to add another one in a bid to try get nearer to my May target but I will see how I go…
    @matpi mind yourself and I hope you feel better soon…
    Good going @dykask .
    @funshipfreddie and @gretta we’ve got this!!
    Pocket list for today:

@gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 20 – Reading, UK – FD

Oh, so much news over the weekend. Vans, fish with fingers, and water fasts. I’m super pleased with results from last week, and motivated to behave this week. Aoso bought the new Fast 800 book – which is very interesting. Reading a little every night before I fall asleep – so about half a page at a time!

Adding myself to the pocket list today:

@gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline

Day 20 UK FD

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear

🤗

Day 20 UK FD (yay!)

Posting for accountability … bc habit gone. Back later to catch up.

@gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme

Day 20, London, UK, NFD,

Well, it appears that I’m not the only one!!! The weekend NFDs are proving ‘tricky’ once again!! I thought I had them sussed, a house full of good & healthy choices should have made things easier, but I completely forgot about the wine!!!! So the weekend was good, good food washed down with bad, bad (but good) wine.

Tomorrow is a FD and I need to increase the ‘good’ liquids, so it’ll be bone broth, herbal tea, water and vegetable soup ………….. simple!!

It’s definitely time to pull my finger out and end May in style, anybody joining me??!

Day 20 North canton OH FD

we picked out a puppy yesterday!!! She’s a little cutie, and will be ready to come home with us in 4 weeks. So good times 🙂

B2B FD planned this week. So let the games begin!
    Day 20 pocket list; 10 to go – make it count!
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme
    @basyjames

Day 20- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

I’ve gained a little this month. Got complacent with the success that I’ve had on this journey. The bad eating habits surfaced again. But I’m commited to getting this right this time around. I’m close enough to my goal weight to not get discouraged. Gonna take it day by day and focus on this being a lifestyle not a quick fix. I appreciate all of you guys and the support of this group. Have a wonderful day everyone.

Day 20, VA, USA, WFD (-1lb for the Month of May)

That -1 is more being sarcastic, yet – HEY it is -1 NOT +1 so theres that! What is life without a bit of cheekyness.

Today – WFD as in Colorado, I’ll have “glacier water straight up!” They have this brand there with water bottles that say that and well I got a big kick out of it. Having water straight up (which is how water should be) although if it is glacier water, that would mean it came down the mountain, not up. Oh dear this really now blows my mind further out of my head. <poof>

The NFDs this weekend have not been too bad, at least hearing from Mr. Particular, which recited and has been holding a steady hover around 161 lbs Its basically been my number MOST of this month! Maybe I should play the pick 3 lotto. One with that number and one with my goal weight number. Ha.

None the less I’m having a talk with Mr. Particular (my scale) about a game plan to get that number moving downward again. He suggested sticking with WF for a few days (see he gets particular about my FDs and when I stray he says he’s not letting the number drop till I change my ways)

@songbirdme & @funshipfreddie – Ha Ha can’t say your names in public…. Oh My and the name “Cruella”. “Mr. Particular” would probably be offended if I named them something like that… I had considered naming the scale “Myriad” which commonly is thought to be a very big number or 10,000 but actually means a number that is innumerable or unmeasurable. Which symbolically my weight is unmeasurable because like all of us, we are more than just a number on the scale. In the end, I thought I may have thought a bit too much on naming my scale and just laughed at myself and settled with Mr. Particular.

@brightonbelle – Please don’t ever feel afraid to post. The Wagon really is kinda wobbly and needs lots of attention OR we all really need keen skills at staying on it, b/c dang it if we don’t all fall off the darn thing. Sometimes just when you get good at being on it too. We can do this!

@kaywesterman – Great Job on the Merit Award!

@jaifaim – thank you for keeping us inspired!

@georgia83 – my heart is with you. Please guide him toward some help. One can recover from debt.

@ciren2, @songbirdme, @daffodil2010 – that song is beautiful! Wow other singers on this forum! I never tackled that one, I’m first soprano and always wanted the alto voice *I love singing lounge music, but must accept I have a high voice.

@michelinme – pass over some of that guacamole to me, I’ll help you scoff it down! LOVE homemade guacamole! And look at you getting into smaller and more form fitting clothes! Nice one.

@gretta – We must be related, I absolutely love all the things you indulged in this weekend. Don’t fret, just reset. Ha thats pretty good I’ll think I’ll also end the post like that.

@floubaby – enjoy the wine! Drink and be merry! Then time to drink broth and BE MERRY!

@therealwil78 – yeah buddies! you can do it!

Day 20 pocket people!
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @dykask
    @daffodil2010
    @ktcaroline
    @brightonbelle
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @michelinme
    @basyjames
    @rabbette

Remember: Don’t fret, just reset!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 719 total)

You must be logged in to reply.