May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 26: Northumberland, UK: NFD

Yesterday came in at 800 calories (should have been 650 but a couple of ferrero rocher called my name), so quite happy with that to balance the excesses of Wednesday. More importantly, got to the gym and plenty of fluids. In fact managed on water only until I broke my fast at 4pm which tells me I can probably do a water only day if I need a hard reset at any point. Scales don’t seem to have punished me too badly for a couple of ‘feast days’ this last week, so I’ll take that and try to be mindful moving forward.

My mam now thinks I’ve possibly lost enough weight, but I’m not sure, aiming to get down below 12 stone and then re-evaluate.

Day 26, London, UK, NFD,

Quick check-in this morning,’FEELING’ heavy this morning even though scales show an eradication, maybe its just the water filling my empty fat cells……. here’s hoping anyway!!!

Happy B’day @lany36, enjoy your day guilt free, then………. ‘STEP AWAY FROM THE CAKE’!!!

I hope we’re all feeling positive about ending this challenge stronger than we started………. we must be, ’cause we made it to the end and learnt at least one thing along the way!! Keep the faith people!!!!

Day 26 – UK – NFD

Happy birthday @lany36 – enjoy your day!

Day 26, Newcastle UK, NFD

@lany36 – Happy Birthday to you!! Enjoy your day.
    @jarbia – yes, I think Chris Beardshaw can rightly feel mystified and I’m with you regarding my ideas of a beautiful garden and the M&G garden did not do it for me despite getting the idea behind it.
    @hannahwatto – got you for June πŸ™‚
    @fatrabbit, @jmh44 & @lynzm – Way to go!!!!
    @debster251 – Horrible thing to happen to you – I hope you have much happier memories from your holiday that will stay with you long after the hurt of this incident have faded.

Have a good Friday wherever you are and whatever you’re doing.

Day 26, UK, FD (2nd day of B2B)

My first ever B2B…

Day 26, Hampshire, UK – NFD

yesss I did my 3 fasting days for the week already so now I can enjoy the bank holiday weekend, I’m so guilty, I may have had a few M&Ms for breakfast this morning just because I felt like it, its not so bad because once upon a time I would have eaten the whole bag not just a couple.

I weighed myself this morning and the scaled said 69.8kg, that 2.5kg down in 11 days (5lbs) I love this diet!! its starting to show too because I’m getting compliments, its really nice to feel slim when the sun is out.

Happy Bank Holiday Weekend everyone, I will post back on Tuesday as I’ll be offline over the weekend πŸ™‚

Day 26 UK NFD met a friend for lunch yesterday and my goodness the prosecco goes down pretty quickly in that hot weather β˜€οΈ But I see rain forecast from tomorrow so I’ll make the best of it, lost a bit of my motivation with a bank holiday weekend looming then off on hols a few days later,I’ve been hovering around the same weight all month – drop a couple of pounds only to see them reappear a couple of days later,so won’t be fasting now for a few weeks and will pick up the June challenge on my return and hope to be more focused

Day 26 – Scotland – NFD

My first big disappointment after a fast day. Only 200gr less than yesterday, while I usually loose at least 500gr. Yesterday wasn’t too difficult, but when I felt tempted I thought that today I could have reached my target of the month. Anyway, my goal for today is not to binge and stay under my TDEE. Binge day often start after a big success or a big disappointment (yes, I am strange), so I need to be strong. Plus tomorrow is my son 3rd birthday, and we are also having a party on Sunday, plus going out for dinner with my husband on Monday since the in-laws are here…Well, I don’t think I will be able to fast until next Thursday!

Hope you have a nice day! I am wearing sandals today (the 6th time since I moved to Scotland less than 6 years ago!!!). This shows how lovely the weather is today! πŸ™‚

Day 26 – Finland – NFD

I really didn’t calculate my dinner calories too closely yesterday – I have no idea how much energy the marinade for the chicken contained, but still, I assume I came in at around 450 or at least below 500 kcal even after having one rum-flavored, chocolate-covered biscuit (Γ  45 kcal; not that great in terms of taste (I’m not a big fan of alcohol-flavored sweets), but it did soothe my sweet cravings regardless).

Out of curiosity, I checked the scales this morning – weighed in at below 60 kg, 59.4 to be precise. I’m glad for those numbers, especially after not feeling that light in the morning, but I don’t know how that correlates to my overall progress, as I haven’t checked my weight immediately after the fast in a while.

I have a biking (9 km x 2) + tennis session planned for tonight, the first for the year. I’m also contemplating whether or not to give running a go tomorrow – May is after all over pretty soon and I have to meet at least some of my goals set at the beginning of the month (after all, I did already tweak my target weight for the month due to lack of progress).

Day 26……Florida…… NFD

Coda and Lany……. Happy Birthday!

I had a good FD yesterday, when I did a quick weigh in, not my official day. I’m just a daily weigher, the scale did flash in the 130’s before settling on 140. Oh, how nice was to see that, so that gives me some hope that switching things up has helped this funk I have in countered. Wishful thinking perhaps but I need it.

It a quick one this morning, everyone’s up and moving, oldest son and OH off to work and the graduate is off to graduation practice. Early morning hustle makes me crave those days when they were little playing in their pjs while I cooked breakfast.

Chin up Princess….. your crown is slipping!

Day 26– Colorado USA– 16:8 NFD

Yesterday was going smoothly according to FD plan, however when I got home from work at 6:00 PM (having completed a 12-hour work day) I was exhausted. And my OH had surprised me with Chinese take-away. It was delicious! Hot & sour soup, pork steamed dumplings and orange chicken.

I’m not stepping on the scales after that (yummy) sodium bomb! The puffiness around my eyes is enough to know I’m retaining fluids.

So today, I’m working a partial day, only till 1:00 (5 hours.) I’ll use that time for fluids only. Water, plain coffee, hot tea. Will aim for liquids till dinner time & only have one meal today.

I’m buckling down for the final 6 days of May. Progress will be made!!

Day 26 Newcastle UK NFD.

Day 26 Chicago, Illinois USA – FD

second post.
    Day 26’s FD became a NFD due to medical situation in the family.
    Have just spent ALL day ( 10 hours) in 2 separate towns . First town didn’t have the needed equipment so patient transferred by ambulance to next nearest biggest town for tests, 40 kms away. I followed in the car.
    Long and the short of it is – not many healthy places to eat lunch at 3.30pm. Felt hungry after waiting around all day with promises of ‘ it will just be a few minutes more!’
    Ate a small quiche, an apple, some peanuts I found in the glovebox! and bought a small bag of air popped popcorn. Anyway, not too healthy and DEFINITELY not a FD.
    Patient came home with me – not too serious but more tests needed and ? possible op.
    Came home to hot chips! hot bun! cheese and salad, coffee and chocolate.

Ate the whole lot and flopped in the chair feeling disgusting. Not used to eating so much and such unpalatable food.
    Really looking forward to tomorrow’s FD and have told DH so already.

Day 26 – USA(UT visiting) – NFD

Was doing pretty well yesterday until my craving for Kentucky Fried Chicken took over for supper. I doubt it really hurt me all that much on maintenance, but it sure was good. Satisfied my once a quarter fix for KFC.

Today ought to be fine – Silver Sneakers this morning then a wonderful full body massage. Onward and downward everyone!

Day 26 – USA – NFD

@lilymartin, hope your patient heals quickly, and don’t give it a second thought…life happens. With 5:2 you can start again any time with your plan of eating, as I’m sure you know! @debster251, so sorry about your purse and sentimental rings…wish they would miraculously be returned to you (sometimes it happens!)…did you have identification in it? Should have written down my responses to EVERYONE’s posts, but please know that I read them all and am thinking of all of you.

Day 26 Maine FD

Another gray, gloomy day & cold! Impressive thunderstorm last night – thunder right over our house – woke us both up. The windows rattled! Ocean roaring!

Relieved to have a FD – ate pizza last night & still feeling full over 12 hours later! Will bundle up & go for a walk. Eggs for dinner & lots of water & tea! Hope to undo some damage – but, in the middle of night, remembered the posting that it takes 3 days to undo that kind of damage! We’ll see – countdown is on!

@lany36 – happy birthday!

Make it a super 3 day weekend everyone!

Day 26 US 5th FD of 5 b2b

Wishing everyone good safe Holidays this weekend; Memorial Day in the US, also the Bank Holiday in the U.K.
    @strawberriesandcream Thank-you πŸ“For Hosting the June Challenge!✨😊✨
    @lany36 βœ¨πŸŽ‰Happy Birthday!✨πŸ₯‚πŸ°βœ¨πŸŽπŸŽˆπŸŽ‰
    Wishing you a wonderful day and a great year to come! I have twin teenagers… so I understand … I can tell your a great mum.
    @coda Good for you…. I think I missed something, what type of exam have you taken? I’m thinking of going back to school myself.😊 Getting my Real Estate license again and teaching license here in PA.
    @saffy420 Many times @fordprefect and I have shared that it seems more like 5 years than 30 years have passed. I know what you mean… It must be loveπŸ’› 1987 was a good year for marriages.πŸ₯‚βœ¨πŸ’› We’re looking forward to celebrating in San Diego, CA in June… our official wedding date is 7/18/1987….Flexibility the cornerstone of success.
    @lumat βœ‹οΈHigh five! Good going on your FD!✨
    @at the Lose it app that I’ve been using is free. I want to look up the MFP I’ve heard about here on the forum also. I saw that it has charts.😊
    @lynzm @fatrabbit @jmh44 @xrox Good news, Great to hear! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒHappy Dance!πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒHappy Dance!πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ
    @bigviking ✨You’ve Got this!✨ ✨We’ve got you and We are stronger together ✨✨
    @lilymartin I thought you did well considering the situation. Be kind to yourself. Constantly being vigilant and staying up later may have burned off a few more cals. I hope your patient is on the mend soon!

Until next time, Something to consider;
    ✨I want to see what happens if I don’t give up.✨

@scs That is quite a picture you painted with your words about the impressive thunderstorm right over your house, the windows rattling and the ocean roaring. I can tell it is beautiful where you live.✨

Hi all UK Co Down day 26 FD (so far) hanging on by my finger nails – there is a gnawing in me and having to fight to ignore it. Wouldn’t even take my purse with me to the post office as I knew I would cave in.

Mia139, Lany36, LynzM and Bert1802 thank you for my birthday wishes – feel a bit like christmas – so sad its over. Happy Birthday to you Lany36 hope you have a good day.

@ciren2 – everyone stresses a bit about holidays but you will be fine. Looking forward to hearing from you when you return.

@lynzm – Yeah – go you!
    @fatrabbit – Fantastic well done!
    @jmh44 – 9lbs exterminated Well done!
    @lumat – not so strange, lots of people eat when happy and eat when sad. Wish I was one who went off food at times of high emotion – sadly I’m not lol.

Hope this lovely weather lasts until bank holiday Monday. Enjoy the weekend everyone x

Day 26, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 141.4, below goal weight of 145.

Beautiful day although storms were predicted. Have some yard work to do so am happy about that. Ate at the Mexican restaurant yesterday, then had apple pie and whipped cream last night (husband did the vanilla ice cream thing but I didn’t feel like it). Had a great day filled with food, fun and a good looking husband – what else could a gal look for in life? Oh yeah, compliments, haha… Not only did my husband say I looked great – the size six jeans slipped right on and I had a new red checked blouse with embroidered cowboy boots across the bodice (nothing glitzy or sparkly, just cute little boots in different colors) – two people stopped me while I was out shopping and said how cute I looked in my cowgirl shirt. It was fun and inspired me to come home and exercise even harder.

I even overheard my husband talking with the guys at physical therapy and they told him he was looking great. He said, I have to stay on top of my game, have you seen my wife? They said, Now that you mentioned it, she is out of your pay grade. (but I am not).

Hope this post doesn’t come across bragging, I am just a 68 year old farmgal but I have been working hard and I know we all like to share each other’s successes.

In a very good place, hoping the same for each of you.

Day 26 – SW WA USA – FD

Go for it pocketeers!

Yay scale going down for @lynzm, @fatrabbit, @jmh44, & @xrox! Keeping on keeping on is paying off!

@lany36 – have a wonderful birthday!

@imrenfrey – ferrero rocher is dangerous for me to keep in the house. Those I find difficult to limit.

@lumat – glad you have sandal weather. Our weather is back to warm again too. Earlier, I had just gotten a pedi for sandals & had to get the socks and closed shoes back out. Looking forward to a sandal weather long weekend.

Still day 26 –

@chumi – you also were reporting downward movement of the scale, yay!

@songbirdme – a full body massage sounds good

@linda Sue – wow size 6! good for you! And the compliments kept you going…

Okay, soon out the door for one more day of work before the long weekend!

Day 26-Albuquerque-NFD

Well, it’s 9 am so I’ve officially gone 36 hours on nothing but water and four cups of bone broth. I feel pretty good so will try to go on a few more hours. It’s weird, when I’m drinking the broth it’s pretty good but I can’t say I love it.

@bigviking: good luck and write in if you need a boost!

We still have 5 days to reach or move toward our May 31 goals…stay strong!

Day 26 – FD

Squeezing in my second fast day before bank holiday weekend fun begins, have great weekend everyone πŸ˜€

Day 26 NFD St. Louis USA
    Weight 137 lbs just 1 pound away from my goal of 136 pounds. Waist down as well but hips seem to stay put. I’m thinking about setting a new goal of 132 pounds. I wasn’t sure how it would work for me when I started so wanted to be conservative and attainable. After reading everyone’s stories and having all this amazing support, I’m thinking I can up the ante a bit.

Still catching up on post. I love reading everyone’s comments. Whenever I see Linda Sue who is my neighbor to the south and Chitown girl, my neighbor to the north, it makes me smile. And then to have people all over the world coming together in this way to support one another to be healthy and strong and also kind. So even though we have the Manchedter horrors, I know there are more good people in the world than bad.

Hoping everyone has a safe happy and healthy weekend.

Brag all you want @lindasue. I think you’ve earned it. Anyone who has ever struggled with their weight knows just how good it feels to find something that works. I’m thankful for all the encouraging voices on this forum. The support is seriously amazing.
    @lany36 happy birthday
    @strawberriesandcream thank you for hosting June. I plan to join the challenge.
    I never thought I would ever see 153 pounds on the scale and certainly didn’t think I could maintain it if I did. I feel seriously blessed to have stumbled on a WOL that works for me and for so many others. My roommate has already began to notice changes in her body and she’s three weeks in.
    Today is the final FD of two b2b this week. I’m prepping for the long weekend and would like splurge a little. Will check back in on Tuesday. Have a lot planned for the weekend but no FD planned.
    Thanks y’all!

Day 26, Germany, NFD

@lany36 Happy Birthday, enjoy your day

2nd post today has turned into a fast day because I got stuck into a gardening project and didn’t want to stop. I converted an old muck pile into a flower bed and planted climbers up to scramble over the ugly remains of the conifers we had topped after the fund raiser after the storm that brought several of them down. There is much more light down there now. It should look really nice when it all grows. The soil couldn’t be more fertile so they ought to grow really well. The animal bedding makes wonderful compost. We put bags of it out for local allotment holders to take and they leave us stalks and things in exchange. I didn’t stop until after 4 and just cooked up a load of veg from the four boxes we got from the veg man. Asparagus, tenderstem broccoli, dwarf beans, chilis, pak choi, wild mushrooms and new potatoes with tarragon. Yum. And easily under 500 calories. Another full 24 hour fast, I ought to be on course to meet that goal after that and after all the digging. The birds were delighted with me for uncovering so many worms. Our robins always follow us about while we work but the blackbirds didn’t waste time getting in there either. The rabbits all got grapes and radishes and the piggies got lettuce and peppers and various bits of salad. I am not sure whether the rabbits will actually eat the radishes but it was better than letting them.go entirely to waste.

Day 26 US FD
    @lindasue not bragging…. Nice that you are motivated and feeling good about your weight loss! Good for you! Some men that we know have told my hubby that I am out of his league. But I know better, I’m a lucky women.
    @keetseel I put low cal vegs chicken broth in my bone broth… mostly on NFD… if you keep the carbs and fat out you can keep the cals down. Pretty much cabbage, zucchini, squash, onions.
    Haven’t eaten today…I find I get weak and lethargic if I don’t have a kale chip or 2 every other day… Anemia runs in my mother’s family. I’m making crispy Kale chips for @booper.dooper and myself. I’ll eat a few, so I will have enough energy for walking this evening.
    @fatrabbit Very awesome to have all the veggies for your rabbits and for your families healthy meals.✨

✨Good luck All!✨

Thanks for messages of support for my first B2B experience. So far, so good. I ain’t half looking forward to breakfast though! πŸ˜€

Day 26 – UK – FD

Day 26/27/NFD/Melbourne Australia

It’s been awhile since I’ve fasted and many days have been OTT. On the positive side – I’m still here reading posts when I can, recording my food intake daily, drinking a small glass or two of red wine and not a half or whole bottle, sleeping well and I’m still under goal weight. I’m also reading Dr Moseley’s ‘The Clever Guts Diet’ and looking to add more gut friendly foods to our diet. Kefir is a must but I’m not sure whether to order grains or to use the more readily accessible powder. Any advice? Especially since I’ve read the powder only makes a few batches before you need to buy more.

Dr Moseley has a recipe for a gut healing chicken broth. It’s very similar to one I’ve been making for years. My version involves poaching a whole chicken with carrot, celery, onions, garlic, fresh herbs and peppercorns. After about an hour I add fresh vegetables, usually cauli, broccoli, beans, peas and remove the chicken when cooked. We eat some of the chicken and veg with a little sea salt and a selection of mustards, return the chicken bones to the pot and simmer for another 4 hours or so. The broth and leftover chicken form the base for a large bowl of soup on fast days especially in winter. Very comforting and satisfying. Especially with lots of chilies.

Enjoy each and every day.

Day 26 Portugal NFD

I have just not managed to get into the routine of fasting well these past 2 weeks. I was getting so close to goal and now it feels like I am gaining. I won’t even think of weighing myself for a while until I get a handle on things. A good weekend to all.

Day 26 | Alaska | FD

I’ve been MIA as life has been busy the past four days since my last post. I have been unable to keep up with all of your posts and only able to read them at random. My fast days have been Mon & Thursday but Tuesday I went to a end of school year potluck for my 6th grader and it turned in to a horrible binge. When I stepped on the scale the next morning, it showed a 5.6 pound gain. I know it was a lot of water retention but it still amazes me that eating off plan (carbs & sugar) has such instant, volatile consequences.

So I decided to fast on Wednesday and lost 4.4 of the 5.6 gain, ate normal yesterday and gained a pound of that back. So decided to fast today and take Monday off since it’s a holiday here in the US and my husband and I have the day off.

I need to figure out how to be controlled on NFD. I do fine on fast days but NFD are quite difficult to not over indulge. All in all I’m very happy that I have joined this group and this WOL. I’ve banished 6 pounds for the month of May and since I only have 12 to lose, I’m hopeful that eventually I will get to goal. Got my first, “are you losing weight” comment yesterday which makes me think that I’m not just gaining and losing the same 5 pounds each week but changing my body composition.

Good luck to everyone, I appreciate each of you, even if I’m not good about posing or replying to you by name.

Day 26 Florida USA FD It’s been a good FD. Was able to have some white wine on ice with my stir-fry as I’m still under 500. Not eating anything between breakfast and dinner is the wisest way to go on a FD. It’s only hard for a couple of hours, and I think of my cells as in repair mode. Wishing everyone a good weekend, a good holiday if you’re in the US.

@lindasue – yeah for you looking so cute in your size 6’s! Wow. I am impressed. When I transitioned to junior sizes I was in a 9 already. Personally, am ever so happy being comfortable in size 12’s! Bought a few new exercise (active wear) outfits to be a well-dressed Silver Sneaker. A couple we even M’s with the capris still a L, but that’s a huge improvement for me!

@coda – yeah for you and your will power! So much of our lives these days require the most perfect will power known to humankind.

@lany36 – Happy birthday to YOU! 🎢🎢

Day 27 FD country West Australia
    @coda hanging on by fingernails too!
    It’s only 11 am on a cold miserable day and I’m feeling hungry so will have to get out of the house and do some gardening or yard cleaning to stay away from the munchies. I have fed the rest of the chips to the dogs! Our dogs get all our scraps so eat veggies ( no salt on the chips) as well as their bones, meat, dog cubes etc.
    @lindasue from one farm gal to another – well done! Your shirt sounds cute.
    @lany36 – happy birthday for ? yesterday.

Day 27 UK FD

180.6 lbs. Nearly to goal:)) The gardening yesterday really helped. Today’s guinea pig bathing is unlikely to be as beneficial, in fact these days I struggle to sit and do the grooming the way I used to as the chair feels so hard. My padding has mostly disappeared, no wonder other people like cushions so much, I just never needed one before. I am also going be introducing Jolly to another potential new friend. Poor old Magic lost his lovbun this this because of an enormous tumour, she was struggling to breathe and the kindest thing was to have her pts as the pain meds were not keeping her comfortable. Poor old girl, but at least she had a happy retirement here. She was eightband had been here for three years. Hopefully Magic and Jolly will suit eachother, and if Jolly gets Jolly again Magic won’t be too macho homophobic about it. But luckily animals have no qualms about it, they know doing what comes naturally is perfectly natural; if he objects it will be because he wants to be on top!

@fatrabbit – I am so excited for you and what a lovely post to read first thing this morning. I hope things go well between Jolly and Magic – they’re very lucky bunnies indeed to be in a 5* retirement home.

Day 27 Newcastle UK NFD.

Day 25-Montreal-NFD
    Day 26- “. – FD
    Day 27- “. – NFD

Day 17, UK, NFD

My B2B FDs went to plan, with 0 kcal consumed. So after 3 FDs and 2 NFDs sine Monday’s weigh-in, I have lost… sorry, GAINED 0.1kg! These scales really are starting to hack me off now. I must be due a whoosh soon…

Day 27, Newcastle UK, NFD

@onahealthyhigh – I’m sure you’ll be receiving advice from one of our regular Kefir experts but I’ve certainly picked up that buying grains and growing your own is the way to go.
    @lola907 – You’re here and that’s what counts – you use the forum in whatever way works best for you.
    @erika45 – So you’re taking the scenic route at the moment and that’s absolutely fine. Maybe with a new monthly challenge approaching, you’ll feel motivated to get back on the motorway for a while. Just keep on keeping on.

Meanwhile, my experiment of not writing down calories seems to be working. I’ve been out for meals the last two days and know that I need to be sensible for the next five days. My daily portion of fresh fruit salad is making all the difference this month.

Have a great weekend whatever you’re doing. Together we are Stronger.

Day 27 – NFD

Decided to do early weigh in following my fast yesterday – now 10 st 10.5 lbs – waist 29 inches so 😁Thought it may encourage me to make some wise choices over the weekend before our May challenge concludes – positive thoughts everyone!!!

Day 27 UK NFD

B2B fast days went well with fasting till dinner time. It’s amazing how much water is retained by eating Chinese! Back on track now and hustling down to the end of the month.

Many thanks to @strawberriesand cream for hosting the June challenge… count me in please. Well done @fatrabbit for amazing weight dispatching! @erika45 hang on in there. In the past I have ” lost” and gained the same weight back many times. I think if I added it all up I must have lost at least 20 stone in my life but in 1-2 stone lots! I know I have felt like you do many times but since starting on this WOL I have gained so much support from reading all the amazing posts on this site and got back on track… try 1x 800 calorie day and move forward from there… that definitely helped me to get me back in line! Together we can do this!
    Onwards and downwards to June!

Day 27 UK FD 🌈

Hi all, 3 course meal yesterday, enjoyed, still feel full, not good, don’t like this feeling, think I should have chosen better, I was hungry and picked the heavy carb loaded courses. Using this feeling to have a FD, body needs it, good sign when I WANT an FD. Must remember body doesn’t like feeling full. Makes me feel tired. 😴

Reset day and did go to the gym before the meal so hopefully no damage done.

Plan drown a dragon (drink water) and keep him down (visit gym). πŸ‰ Hopefully will make me feel better.

Have a good weekend all xx

Day 27 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Weight 54kg/119lb πŸ’ƒstaying below goal of 55kg/121lbs

Lovely walk in the fells yesterday – 5.7km/3.5miles with 500m/1641ft of uphill in 1hr 30 mins with some good company, then met up with the slower walkers and runners for a well learnt pot of tea in the sunshine – as a result my knee is a bit stiff and sore but a small price to pay!

Had a good FD yesterday – drank plenty of water and had some of my homemade Kefir before bed – slept well and woke feeling good this morning – the sun is shining atm but rain promised this afternoon! Cup of tea in bed and time for a good catchup on here then a busy time over the weekend.

@strawberriesandcream -Thank you for looking out for us in the June Challenge – my birthday month so looking forward to some celebrations but still maintaining due to this WOL!

@fatrabbit – πŸ‘for getting and staying below that 13st/82.5kg mark – your determination and hard work is paying off – your rabbit stories always make me smile – they are lucky rabbits to have you look after them in their retirement..
    @jmh44 – well done on that 9lbs/4kg loss since 1st May
    @bigviking and @Basyjames- well done on your B2B – amazing how it can be achieved – such a good feeling at the end of it and you are not actually “starving”……
    @xrox – good job on the 2.5kg/5lbs down in 11 days – This WOL works – there are a few of us who follow it and have been maintaining nicely
    @brightonbelle – I also love a proseco anytime but especially in this weather (Pocketwinos hold tight!) – I hope you find your mojo and rejoin us for the June Challenge – I find that logging in daily and joining in the chat on here has helped me in maintenance
    @lumat – you are not strange – a lot of us seem to unleash the dragon as a reward or a consolation – stay positive and you can do this – even if you cannot do a FD over the next week why not try eating on a 16:8 pattern (2 meal day) and limit snacking and you might surprise yourself when you step on the scales next….
    @chumi – below 60kg πŸ‘
    @bert1802 – sounds like you are in a good place – keep that “Chin up Princess…..” does not sound like your crown is slipping atm! πŸ˜‰
    @lilymartin – hope all is well in the family now and nothing too serious – will be holding on tight to you on your FD today πŸ€—
    @songbirdme – envious of your body massage – thought of you whilst I had a manicure yesterday, ended up with “satin pyjamas” on my fingernails – gorgeous neutral colour πŸ– can you see the colour……. LOL
    @lindasue – Big YAY to you – not bragging just celebrating finding a WOL that works and allows you to feel wonderful – sounds like you have great life and are in a wonderful relationship πŸ’
    As someone who has struggled with their weight too and now knows just how good it feels to find something that works I’m with you – I now fit in English size 8 clothes and feel good and full of energy and am just never going back – so 5:2 is a permanent WOL for me because it works and is so do-able!!
    @sirisan – πŸ‘
    @onahealthyhigh – I make my own Kefir – bought grains on line as they just keep making the stuff and can be frozen when you have too much or are going on holidays and they will restart no problem. I ordered Kefir Grains on line from one of the UK companies but here are a couple of links, that I found useful:-
    https://happykombucha.co.uk/collections/live-kefir
    OR
    https://www.culturedfoodlife.com/the-trilogy/kefir/how-to-make-kefir/
    @lynzm – I also find if I have a carb heavy meal it leaves me needing a FD the next day – I now tend to have 2 course when out but very light on the carbs with some 🍷of course!!!!

I so enjoy reading all the posts – very inspiring and motivating and the support from our global family has no boundaries so a πŸ€—for everyone to see you through the weekend and the last 5 days of this May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

β€œTHE SECRET OF CHANGE IS TO FOCUS ALL OF YOUR ENERGY, NOT ON FIGHTING THE OLD, BUT ON BUILDING THE NEW” – Socrates

Day UK NFD

Yesterday was NFD. Despite being in very sunny Derbyshire managed to rein in both eating and drinking. Today is a visit to Chatsworth House so lots of walking.
    @okeydokey our anniversary is 25th July. All those years ago you were a week ahead of me! Well be in Norway on the actual day.

Day 27

West Midlands UK
    NFD

178.5lb. Lost a lb this week which is great but as I put on 2.5 last week I expected more.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,901 through 1,950 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.