May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 2,272 total)

• Day 25, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Today’s weight 142.4, below goal weight 145.

Off for a day out with the hubby, won’t eat breakfast, will eat lunch at the Mexican restaurant (but not overdo it), will not eat dinner. Lots and lots of exercise and water yesterday, won’t get as much today as we will be on the road a lot but will hit the exercise room later tonight.

It is a gorgeous day, prettiest day in a long, long time.

Wishing you all well.

Day 25 Akron Ohio, FD.Adding myself to the Pocketeers list
    @bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah
    @basyjames
    Happy belated birthday @coda. Wishing everyone successful fast and non fast days

Debster 241, so sorry to hear about your troubles. Made me very sad, especially about your rings.

Day 25 – Cumbria UK – NFD

This does not happen often with me but……….Yesterday was just a massive OTT day – maybe a payback for feeling a bit too comfortable (dare I say it “smug”) with this lifestyle……LOL!!!!!!
    No issues during the day but the evening just went a bit mad starting with sharing a bottle of bubbly and nibbles with DD to celebrate her engagement followed by a steak dinner………then pudding – more nibbles and later frozen yogurt……just too much of everything 😈so today will try to push that little devil back into it’s cave and do a CD then hoping to be in the right frame for my usual FD tomorrow……

I was talking to a friend today who has lost a stone since I last saw her – she has been logging everything she eats/drink into “MyFitnessPal” App on her phone – she said it made her think twice about what she was about to eat/drink – she swears that she has not changed anything else in her lifestyle but has come to realise that by documenting everything it has changed WHAT and HOW MUCH she is eating/drinking!!
    I thought I might download the App and follow my normal 5:2 WOE and log everything for the last week of this challenge, starting today; as an experiment to see how many calories I actually consume (I currently don’t count my calories – it would seem that you can enter your exercise and water consumption too – Anyone here use this App or something similar and what effect have you found it has on your WOE??? Just interested to hear other’s experience……..

@happymargo – I love my homemade Kefir too – am so grateful to those on here and other forums who talked about it and got me interested enough to research it and finally order some Kefir Grains on line to try – I often second ferment mine with some fruit – love crushed blueberries or raspberries in them – have also tried some lime/lemon peel – very refreshing! and as you say the health benefits are great too.
    @okeydokey – glad the dentist visit went well……..will be thinking of you over the next two weeks to stay strong to meet your target before your niece’s wedding! Try following 16:8 days during your holiday if you can’t do FDs – I usually find it works fairly well for keeping me on track. I would appreciate a link for the CBD hemp salve please – worth trying anything as I have had issues since late December and I hate not being able to go for long hikes in the fells that I really enjoy (8-12miles – 13-19km)
    @hannahwatto – Welcome back – sounds like you had a fab time in the US.
    @ciren2 – if you are lurking in the background reading the posts – Hello to you – I have missed you – Hope the time out is beneficial – Hugs πŸ€—
    @debster251 – sorry to hear about your recent pickpocket experience – such a shame to spoil your holiday memories of beautiful Portugal with that event – especially sorry for the loss of your rings (sentimental value items cannot be replaced as money/cards…etc can)

If anyone has trouble finding the link to @pissupoosa spreadsheet – here it is:-
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1SLq0JjjWe8jvsiubsJSS8owJ-qYfGYtY1ceZPkWphLM/edit?usp=sharing

ONLY 6 DAYS to go after today until the end of this May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!) Time for everyone to make that final push and end the Anniversary Challenge on a positive note!
    Whether you’re trying to lose weight, lower your stress level, or looking for new ways to eat healthy, each day is a new day to tackle your goals.

Day 25 Chicago Illinois USA – NFD

Day 25 – NFD

Enjoying the glorious sun 😎

Day 25, Hampshire UK, FD

@at – OMG me too!!!! That is so weird as I also rarely go OTT (apart from drinking too much naughty wine sometimes on a Fri or Sat night, haha!)

Yes, I went OTT last night… Ended up eating loads of peanuts, then dinner and then loads of ice-cream, which I normally don’t even like!

Anyway, I am on a FD today. Was meant to be an 800 x 16:8 day, but I think it might turn into a normal 500 cal FD instead as I haven’t been very hungry today (which is not surprising given I ate loads last night!)

So I will DEF do an 800 x 16:8 day tomorrow. I HAVE to be under 9 stone by end May – this is getting beyond a joke now!

So I will aim to do 2 x 16:8/800 cals days next week on Tues 30th and Wed 31st. (Bank Holiday in UK on Monday so no FD for me then!)

Keep on casting off those pounds folks!

Hello all day 25 FD UK Co Down

Thank you FrauB, HannahWatto, Belfastsink, BrightonBelle, Erika45, Xrox, Yolina, LouBelle, Basyjames and Debster251 for all your birthday wishes.

@debster251 – gutted for you and having had my purse stolen some years ago I know the feeling. They could have taken the money tho they must have been disappointed as it was filled with receipts more than cash but it was the little pictures I carried that I cared for more. Feel for you over the loss of your rings – devastating as they carry so much sentimental value – I am sure you are going over the ‘if onlys’, such a shame to the end an otherwise lovely holiday.

@happymargo – when I make my bone broth and cool it, it goes into the jelly like substance but when I heat it again it liquefies so it can be enjoyed from a cup like bouillon or a bowl like soup.

So first exam over – it only enforced what I didn’t remember or recall lol good job I am not depending on the results for anything other than my own self worth. If the worst comes to it I will re-sit it next year and be better prepared perhaps. Woke up at 4 am thinking of box plots! Next Friday is the final 2. Must say when I came out I had an internal argument with myself – I want something nice, but your not hungry, I deserve something nice, but your not hungry, ok I’ll have something healthy, but your not hungry, ok I’ll have a cup of coffee, ok have a cup of coffee. Thankfully the good angel won the argument and I am still on track for my fast day. Planing to have Sweet chilli fish cakes for dinner tonight out of Jason Vales Super fast food recipes, so looking forward to that, is keeping me going.

The heart rendering stories coming out of the Manchester bombing are heartbreaking. Lives changed forever – in a split second that there is no coming back from.

Pocketeers list
    @bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah
    @basyjames
    @coda

Post 2 – water only fast for me so far today, so going well towards actually keeping to around 500, but it would be rude not to barbecue given the beautiful day we have here today which may throw the numbers a little high. I was considering breaking my fast, but checking in seems to have helped me push past that, as I’m not actually hungry, just not good with the heat, so milkshakes and ice lollies are calling…

Day 25, Germany, NFD

Day 25 FD St. Louis USA

@at I do use the My Fitness Pal app on my phone. I like it a lot. You can add your own recipes and meals. I use the free version. You can also track exercise and water.

It’s a stay at home fast day for me which I find a bit more challenging. A friend is coming over for coffee or tea in a bit.

Best of luck and happy weekend to all.

Day 25 Maine NFD – very controlled

Another gray cloudy day in Maine – major rain heading this way. Our summer staff at the hotel is hired & trained, so manager asked if anyone wanted some extra time off mid week. I immediately volunteered!! Not the best week weatherwise, but have planted all my pots & flower boxes….plus, long walks everyday. Walked all the back roads in town to check out all the gardens….looks beautiful. Bring on the tourists – we’re ready! This being Memorial Day weekend – town will be packed!

Yesterday was a little tough foodwise. Just wanted to snack all day, but nothing satisfied. Only good news is that I closed the kitchen at 7:00 pm & switched to tea & water. We’re supposed to meet friends for a lobster lunch at a “bring everything else” but lobster, pound on the water. I’m not sure if that’s being postponed due to imminent showers, so choosing today a NFD & tomorrow will become FD. Do love that flexibility.

@debster251 – so sorry your trip was marred. Can you at least claim the loss of your rings through your home insurance?

Make it a satisfying day everybody!

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

@at – I needed your words this morning – “Whether you’re trying to lose weight, lower your stress level, or looking for new ways to eat healthy, each day is a new day to tackle your goals.”

@lynzm – so no chocolate in the house & a boiled egg did the trick for you last night. The chocolate won a partial battle with me last night. I’ll keep the egg in mind for another battle.

@debster251 – so sorry that your lovely Portugal visit was marred with the pick pocket incident. I wish there was a way to at least get your rings back.

@hannahwatto – so glad you had a great vacation in the US

@krisnia – are you still with us? Hope you’re doing okay.

Together we are stronger!

Day 25 – USA – NFD

Day 25 US FD
    Day 24 FD ~ BSD800
    Yesterday, I ended up having a Ceaser salad with grilled shrimp and grilled chicken. So my cals were 752 for the day. I see @tillysmum and many others do very well losing weight at <800 cals a day, so I feel ok about it.
    I hope I can continue with what I’ve learned about amounts of food and staying below 500 on FD’s and below my TDEE from June 9th until June 26th, the length of our holiday. I think I will most likely be in NFD mode but I will still be mindful to stay under my TDEE of 1468 cals.😊One thing that helps me is knowing, I can have something I just have to spread it out, procrastinate….eat it later.
    I can eat it, I just don’t have to eat it right now.
    @allsmiles @fraub you can always make your 2nd FD later in the week on a different day. The FD’s don’t have to be b2b.😊
    @slogan15 Your doing very well. It’s a great feeling when inflammation and bloating goes down after healthy whole food eating. I find eating fresh vegetable, low or no carbs. No simple sugars, no refined foods helps to reduce inflammation.
    In the US it’s National Wine day! πŸ₯‚ I am cheering in spirit. Cheers πŸ₯‚Happy Wine Day!

@lynzm Good for you! I enjoy reading about you drowning the dragon πŸ’¦πŸ‘ŠπŸ²πŸ‘ŠπŸ’¦it’s so true and so helpful. The time I find myself out of sorts, it usually boils down to me being “to busy” not taking time to πŸ’¦πŸ‘ŠπŸ²πŸ‘ŠπŸ’¦drown the dragon! I will today! βœ‹οΈHigh five!πŸ‘ŠWe’ve got this!✨
    @fatrabbit my son will find food he likes, mostly carbs and will stick with it. Luckily it’s whole grain brown rice. He will try a bite of healthier vegetables and slowly his tastes change. I can only imagine how hard it must be with your son going out to get fast food. Because my son has gluten allergies, his face swells up and it’s hard to breathe. He will listen to reason. … Until I have to remind him again. Possibly your son can understand the distressing ill affects on the body of too much junk food and change. I’m wishing you well, I know you are doing everything you can. Sending you and your son, warm Wishes for success, good vibes and hugs.✨Remember a little success, possibly daily, 🀞Is how it becomes a good habit.😊✨
    @flourbaby Final Big Push for May! I’m with you! ✨We got this!✨
    @strawberriesandcream Thank-you for your kind thoughts. I have listened to music during a tooth pulling and a root canal a few years back. Recently I’ve been listening to a hypnosis MP3, that involves tapping my fingers. It is lessening the anxiety and pain. Yesterday was easy, no pain involved. No needles. In July, I will have to have oral surgery in atleast 2 places in my mouth. Although I suppose they will use anesthesia and my DH will take off work to be with me close by. So until then, I will try the hypnosis tapping to resolve my claustrophobia and fear of being tortured with needles. So hoping July won’t be to bad. I believe I have found a good dentist, hygienist, an oral surgeon. The hygienist and dentist have taken the time to communicate and explain everything either before or while they are doing it. It makes it so much more bearable for me. I feel good about our children and my husband going to them also. Thank-you so much for your kind words.
    @at My husband and I have used the app My fitness pal. At the time he was more serious than I was. My other family members like the Lose it app. It’s been a while since we used either one. Now, because I’m being careful to stay below my TDEE, for 3 days this week, I’ve been using the Lose it app. It has most foods already in it with vitamins and nutrient information. So I don’t have to create any foods or add cals. It’s been helping me this week! It has also been tracking my steps and giving me totals for my steps. I have an iPhone….I’m not sure if that makes a difference. I think being in our group and using either of the 2 apps is a great way to stay focused and stay on track and below TDEE.βœ¨πŸ‘
    @at I will try that. My father tends to like eating together as a family and likes breakfast and dinner. I will have to work around that the best I can. I guess maybe saving my breakfast until lunch? My father comes from the generation that it is unhealthy to skip breakfast… although I have always been fine not having breakfast, it seems to bother him when I skip it.
    @at Here is the link to the CBD https://pureratioscbd.com/pure-ratios-cbd-topical-products/
    It just occurred to me that the mailing from CA, US would take a bit longer and cost more to get to Cumbria, UK. The hemp salve has really helped me though so it would be worth it. As of now, I don’t see it in Amazon US. I wouldn’t trust other brands. It has the legally allowed yet pain reducing hemp that has allowed me to heal, get active without having to take any other pain killers for my leg. I was able to stop taking the hydrocodone that the doctor had prescribed. From the website here is a bit of the information to explain the
    Topical Salve
    Our topical salves are available in50 mg and 200mg dosages and are infused with natural herbs and essential oils to work synergistically with the cannabinoids to bring added therapeutic benefits for localized relief. This unique formula helps protect the body while helping heal and nurture your skin. Herbs infused are arnica, meadowsweet, calendula, elder flower, rose petal. Essential oils infused are ginger, black pine, cardamom, frankincense and turmeric essential oils.

@debster So sorry about someone getting into your bag and stealing your rings with sentimental value. I hope and trust your holiday also had some fun and enjoyable moments with your OH. I haven’t looked into buying holiday insurance for us on our upcoming holiday, to know what might be covered. I know I’m usually concerned when we fly. But I can understand how frustrating and sad it would be. I would think, you keeping your things with you in your handbag they would be secure.

Good Luck Everyone As @flourbaby @at reminded us✨it’s the Big Push for May! ✨We got this!✨

Day 25, Gozo Malta, nfd

Have a great Thursday everyone

@jarbia – heard yesterday some mindless morons vandalised the Carrick a Rede rope bridge so it is closed to visitors. Not sure if it will have re-opened by the time you visit.
    Update – it appears to have re-opened but from April this year there appears to be a charge and ticketing system?

Day 24. Lancaster πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ NFD
    Day 25 lancaster πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ FD

@at – I also have the MFP app but don’t use it all the time. I’m afraid if I go off piste I am inclined not to input the details lol. But tell me – you are at goal and have maintained well – why do you feel the need to have this app or count calories now?

Day 25 – NFD – Toronto

Well, a little bummed after my weigh in this morning. Although I’ve still lost weight since May 1st, I’ve gained back some of the weight that I had lost in the first half of this month/challenge. For this last week of May, I am going to try and be very disciplined with my alcohol and sugar intake (ideally none but will allow myself one glass of wine and one treat if it comes up on the weekend) and will be disciplined about staying well below my TDEE on NFDs.

Day 25 – Finland – FD

The dragon awoke a little after my post last night – ended up snacking on anything and everything sweet – cake, meringues, candy, cookies, fruit. It’s good that today is a fast day, I really need some resetting.

I just broke my fast with mini plum tomatoes, a few slices of cheese and a thin cold cut of turkey – about 130 kcal. There’s apparently more chicken planned for today’s dinner, so I’ll save the rest of my calories for that.

@okeydokey Glad your dentist visit went well! I’m sorry I got the time mixed up – I did even check to see that the time on the forum was GMT, but for some reason I thought you were based in the UK (I know you’re not) when I replied. How silly of me.

@at I got one of those apps (Lifesum) many years ago when I decided to lose weight by counting calories – it did work, but after a month or two I got fed up with logging everything so I just stopped. That’s probably also why I prefer 5:2, since I have to calculate everything only twice a week (and I don’t need an app to do that).
    Studies have shown that you don’t have to use an app – even writing things down in a physical food diary (without calculating calories) helps people slim down. I assume it’s because you’re supposed to rate your level of hunger as well and thus you end up getting a more mindful approach to your eating.

Pocketeers for day 25:

@bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah
    @basyjames
    @coda
    @chumi

Day 25 – USA (UT visiting) – NFD

@debster251 – oh so sad for your one blot on your otherwise great holiday. So sorry about losing your rings too. That would make me sad as well.

I probably had more bread and carbs yesterday than I have had in ages, but was still under my TDEE by about 400 calories. Wonder how that will work out on the scale.

I am going to do a little shopping this morning for a few new clothes as stores here by our daughter’s place are closer than ones at home. I need to try on some sizes at places where I enjoy shopping online.

Onward and downward!

Day 25 US FD

@chumi Thanks for caring.✨
    @coda I love the way you are so down to earth and caring. You are very insightful and I love reading your posts. If we are ever in the same State, town, city I definitely want to meet up with you.✨

Adding myself, @fordprefect and @booper.dooper to the ✨Pocket list for Day 25✨

Pocketeers for day 25:
    @bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah
    @basyjames
    @coda
    @chumi
    @okeydokey
    @fordprefect
    @booper.dooper

Something to think about till next time:
    Be kind and gentle to yourself …. But still Do It.

@okeydokey aww thanks β™₯

Day 25 UK FD

Sorry didn’t post yesterday.. was NFD. Planning another FD tomorrow on day 26.
    Dinner out last night was a bit of a feast but still within limit of TDEE as was very controlled earlier in the day. Off now to catch up with all the recent posts!

@coda… belated birthday wishes… hope you are having a wonderful time! 60 is the new 40 don’t you know!!

Hi, Coda, AT:
    I’m ok…I hardly look-in these days.
    To be honest I’m stressing about going on “holiday” abroad soon for the first time in about 28 years….I’ve got quite fat again. I’m fretting about the long journey, the heat, the full-board, finding suitable clothes….etc. It’s a kind of 30th wedding anniversary treat. A Holy-Land Pilgrimage!! What was I thinking of??
    Anyway, I hope, when I return, to be able to relax more and get back on the 5:2 wagon which did such amazing things for me at the time.
    Hope you are all doing well. xx

Thanks for all your great advice on making bone broth. I have a pressure cooker that I use for everything, so <slapping forehead> why did I use a regular stew pot for the broth? There is also a market in town where I might be able to buy soup bones, because roasting a chicken (or anything) will be out of the question until November. We have a vintage stove with four *very hot* pilot lights, and consequently our kitchen is always ten degrees hotter than the outside.

Anyway, embarking on the first broth fast today!

Adding to pocket list for Day 25:
    @bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah
    @basyjames
    @coda
    @chumi
    @okeydokey
    @fordprefect
    @booper.dooper
    @sirisan
    @keetseel

Good luck everyone!

Day 25 Florida USA NFD I’m already looking forward to my FD tomorrow after a nearly 400 Calorie lunch today. I ordered an appetizer only for heaven’s sake – 3 Falafel balls, hummus, pita slices. Tomorrow’s two meals are already planned. Egg whites and vegan muffin for breakfast and chicken stir-fry with Cauliflower rice for dinner. No wine, no dessert. I’m going to pre-enter my dinner for tonight to avoid going over my TDEE. I’m thinking of all of you and hope you’re meeting your goals and challenges.

@keetseel Wishing you well on your first Broth FD!βœ¨πŸ‘βœ¨
    @ciren2 I’m glad your still looking in now and then.😊 ✨πŸ₯‚βœ¨πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰Congratulations on your 30th wedding anniversary and I’m glad your giving yourselves a treat. @fordprefect and I will be celebrating our 30 Wedding Anniversary while going to San Diego, CA, US! I’m looking forward to it. That is awesome that we both are celebrating 30 years.✨πŸ₯‚βœ¨πŸŽ‰
    @mogaman very determined and smart of you to have egg whites for breakfast …. I might give it a try. I’d have to have some kind of seasoning.
    Lately @booper.dooper and I have been putting lemon (little bit of salt) on veggies and or grilled chicken… a good way to add flavor without fat or sugar. There are other spices to use instead of salt. Turmeric, curry, lemon pepper.

Day 25 UK NFD

@okeydokey @fordprefect happy towel day. Hope it’s a “thing” in the US as well as the UK.

@ciren2 we’re also celebrating our 30th anniversary this year (July) obviously 1987 was a good year for weddings. Don’t know about you and okeydokey but it seems like no time at all. We’re going on a cruise to Norway in July to celebrate.

Treated myself to a croissant this morning from Starbucks. Put the calories in MFP and Yikes -341! Trying to be really controlled as going away tomorrow for a 3 day weekend break so the day did not start well. Plan for the weekend is not to start drinking too early and eat salads. The salad part should be ok as the forecast is for sunshine, not sure re the drinking. pocket winos I might need your support.

Day 25 – Scotland- FD
    Managed to skip breakfast and lunch and keep my dinner under 500 cal. Proud of myself!

2nd post

I have now closed that “kitchen door” and brushed my teeth – only water can now be consumed before bed!!

Report on first day using MFP – consumed 500cal less than my TDEE goal – probably related to not feeling particularly hungry after yesterday evening’s indulgence or is it because I’m noting down everything that passes my lips????

Normal FD tomorrow planned before the Bank Holiday weekend – who else is fasting?

@fivetwofan5252 – thank you for making me feel better about my yesterday’s 😈
    @annemarilyn – I’m glad those words resonated with you today – it certainly did with me
    @okeydokey – thank you for the link – I’ll explore and let you know the outcome
    @coda – using this App for a week purely out of interest to see whether what I actually consume is what I think I’m consuming – it’s a free APP and I’m targeting this last week of the challenge only as I’ll be fascinated to see whether if makes me consume less than I would normally – I will input everything that passes my lips for this last week. As you say I have been maintaining for 6 months now and I think I’m fairly aware when I overdo things and tend to pull back within the next couple of days hence the success of maintaining – this is pure out of interest after talking to my friend about her experience.
    @chumi – thank you for your feedback about the Apps – I agree in that this is not something I would consider in the longterm – my interest was piqued after speaking to my friend today
    @ciren2 – I’m still enjoying life in my adopted county – so lucky to live here. Now go and enjoy your long planned holiday – A 30th Pearl Wedding Anniversary is something to celebrate 🍾 “Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think” We will be here to welcome you back on a challenge when you are ready to join us again – you found your way to this WOL before and succeeded so you will find a way to rejoin and succeed again πŸ€—

β€œWeight loss is like driving: If you ever veer off the road, just make a U-Turn and head back in the right direction”

DAY 25 UK FD

@strawberriesandcream I LOVED Chris Beardshaw’s garden and just don’t understand why he didn’t get a Gold. It was really beautiful. I don’t understand the judging nowadays – Best in Show – a disused quarry was clever, but not “a beautiful garden” which is what I want to see – but then I’m old, and a bit of a traditionalist…I want to see clever planting of beautiful flowers!!!! It won’t stop me going each year tho’ – and I have spent the past two days in the garden….despite the fact that I should be getting ready for my week away….another allnighter for me, scurrying round doing things I should have done to-day!!! Still – it helps burn the calories and takes my mind off food!!

Happy towel day to you as well @saffy420. Yes it is a bit of a thing here as well. May all your Pangalatic Gargleblasters have the kick of 24k gold bars with a lemon wedge. 😁

@at I’m fasting tommorow….also holding on this evening as to hopefully not veer if the road.😊

Second post.
    Thank you for all your good wishes. Yes, I have ‘what iffed’ over and over again. I am a careful person – I guess that made me complacent. I saw lots of people carrying their rucksacks on their fronts, but didn’t do that. Yes, I can claim for the rings, but it’s not quite the same.
    @songbirdme – just catching up on posts and saw your comment about leg cramps. Two thoughts: when I swim I sometimes get leg cramps when I’m not hydrated enough. Also, I have a friend who suffers from ‘jumpy knees’ and uses quinine tablets with success to settle the problem. Hope you reach a solution!
    @lilymartin I am one of those bods who shares the scenic route, holding your hand and who climbs those rocks and huffs and puffs behind you. But… I too have fallen off the easy path. We must focus. Calorie counting and fitness tracking begins big time. I’m right behind you. Together we can do this.
    @ AT enjoy those special moments. Seeing your children in love and happy is a wonderful thing. I have used MFP for a long time. It’s a very useful app. It has a barcode scanner too which can be useful sometimes, especially when you add your own recipes. It can get a bit tedious though, logging all the time. I don’t add in my exercise because it adds on the calories, and makes you think you can eat more!
    @coda what a lovely birthday celebration. May your next decades be happy and healthy.
    @bert1802 well done to your youngest. What a result. I’m sure you’re very proud.
    @jarbia – hope you have a great holiday.
    @HannaWatto what an achievement. Great success!
    Have skimmed the 15 or so pages I missed while I was away, so I’m starting with renewed vigour. A successful fast day under my belt, so onwards and downwards. Good night all.

Day 26 NFD NZ
    I fell off the accountability wagon again this week.
    I’ve had a successful 5:2 week with both FDs under 500cals.
    Today is my birthday so I’m off to lunch with a friend and out to dinner with the family tonight. I’m not even going to think about calories today. I’ve skipped breakfast but whatever comes after I break my fast at lunch following on from yesterday’s FD is just fine with me. We only have one birthday a year (thankfully) so I’m going to enjoy whatever it presents to me and push a firm reset tomorrow.
    I think it’s healthy and normal to have times of feast during celebrations and times of fast…which we all plan here together, and I’m being very mindful of the fact that today is a day of celebrating and feasting if that’s how it turns out….it’s not an excuse to overindulge all weekend long JUST TODAY.
    I have taken time this morning to read through as many posts as I could.
    Both my beautiful teenagers have had some troubles this week and all my Mummy energy has gone into supporting my babies. Catching up here properly today has done me the world of good now that I feel able to shift my focus a little bit.
    Happy birthday CodaπŸŽ‚
    So sorry about the purse snatching to whomever that was (terrible with names)
    I’m feeling renewed energy with fasting after last weeks super tough FD. Turned out I was coming down with a really heady cold which is still lingering a week later. I did get through the FD but I’m pleased to look back and know my intense difficulties were more likely the result of developing illness than waning commitment to this wol
    Hope everyone leading into a holiday period has a joyful celebration. Thanks for all being here, even when I haven’t posted this week I’ve popped in and read bits and pieces as time allows to remind me what we are all working toward. I do find incredible strength in this small anonymous community and I thank you all for that.

Day 26 FD country West Australia 73.6 kgs
    Day 24 NFD – missed that one somehow.

Not too sure what is happening but have hit a sheer rock face in the road. Just working out how to scale it!
    Yesterday 72.1 kgs, ate to TDEE and apparently put on 1.5 kgs overnight!! ( Consoling myself that perhaps with all the learning I am doing I am getting a Heavy brain??!)

So, more mindful in May than past few months as stuck on the plateau. But with only a week to go I am heavier than when I started May.
    Having to go back to the drawing board as there isn’t much more I can reasonably cut out food wise.
    I’m drinking water by the litre, but may have to resort back to vino for consolation! -which I’ve cut down on – plus I’ve cut down flat white coffees.
    Also cut down carbs this week with no real result.
    @at I use MFP to crunch numbers and it was working well but the past 2 weeks have been not so kind
    @debster so sorry to hear about your purse and rings being stolen. My purse was stolen on holiday about 20 years ago with sentimental jewellery in it and I still miss the watch my folks gave me, all these years later!
    And thank you so much for holding my hand. Definitely need it at present. I have no intention of leaving this WOL but had enough of the plateau and the valleys. Trying to head for the hills and the scenic side!

Australia Day 26 NFD
    @at and @annemarilyn – thank you! It’s good to be home and back on the forum.
    @ciren2 – a 30th wedding anniversary is to be enjoyed. It is something to be very proud of. Don’t white-ant yourself with the other stuff – just be good to yourself.
    @pissupoosa – I have updated the spreadsheet; it is great to have access to it. Thank you! πŸ™‚
    @strawberriesandcream – I will join the June challenge and – hopefully – will be true to it.
    I have downloaded the My Fitness Pal app – I did have it once before but hardly used it. Perhaps this time I will feel more motivated.
    I have a full weekend ahead, starting with a graduation dinner tonight for my son, a concert tomorrow night and a delayed Mother’s Day on Sunday (we were in the US during the proper Mother’s Day and I refuse to let my sons off!).
    I have to make 3 Christmas Quilts for three new babies in our UK family before next Friday as one of my sons will go to the UK, will stay with family and so be able to deliver the gifts. Why do I do this to myself! πŸ™‚
    Have a great day all.

2nd post – forget TDEE, FD, NFD, AFD etc – if you want to kill your hunger fast try clothes shopping at lunch time! After trying on various trousers and jumpers – and putting them all back on the racks – apparently all I need for lunch today is a banana and I’ve already eaten that so there you go, lunch over!

Still Day 25 –

Going for a FD tomorrow day 26. For the long weekend I’ll be heading up to Canada to celebrate my dad’s 90th b-day so I know there’ll be some feasting.

@hannahwatto – you’re being quite ambitious doing 3 quilts in a short time-frame. I bet they’ll really be appreciated.

@pissupoosa – thank you for the great spreadsheet. I updated myself today as well.

@lilymartin – I love your attitude even while on a plateau. I seem to be on one as well & am determined to hang in there as well.

Day 26
    West Midlands UK
    NFD

Day 26 UK NFD 🌈

πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈπŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈthe scale moved down, the scale moved down, the scale moved down!

Ha ha I knew it would, it was a test of will power between me and the scale and I won, after a three week plateau, now just to keep the scale down for the end of the month weigh in. Keep,on keeping on people. πŸ‘ŠπŸ»

A great tip I found was holding a bottle of water, not just having it sit on the side or desk, actually hold it when I can and you naturally drink it, like with food if it’s in your hand you naturally eat it! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰πŸ‰water the dragon.

@annemarilyn if I had chocolate in the house it would have been eaten, forced to have a boiled egg as the fridge was bare, πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚however it did suffice, and I enjoyed it. I know that if I buy that chocolate on the pretence that it will last me for the week it won’t, it will last me until the end of that day.

πŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ’ƒπŸΌπŸ˜˜

DAY 26 – UK – NFD

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – FD

Woke up bright and early for me today – left the bedroom window open as it was such a warm night and the early bird chorus was a very effective wake me up call…..🐦

Will be out walking on the fells with my usual Friday group soon and looking forward to it as another beautiful summer’s day is promised – 17 degrees already and climbing…..β˜€οΈ

@saffy420 – Pocket winos will be thinking of you this weekend – if you feel a hand on your shoulder when you are reaching for that one too many – it will us……..LOL
    @lany36 – 🎈🎁Happy Birthday – have a fab day celebrating – Totally agree with you – no guilt – just enjoy whatever the day brings with friends and loved onesπŸΎπŸŽ‚πŸ’
    @lynzm – definitely happy dance news πŸ’ƒ I’m with you with no chocolates/biscuits/crisps kept in the house – if it’s not there I don’t miss it but if it’s there 😈

Will need support today for my FD so starting a Pocketeers list for DAY 26 – I have added anyone who I saw that have said they are planning a FD on Day 26 – Please copy and paste and add yourself if you are fasting – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @at
    @fivetwofan5252 – 800cals
    @scs
    @mia139
    @mogaman
    @okeydokey
    @lilymartin
    @annemarilyn

“It’s OK to give into cravings. Losing weight and keeping it off means balance, not going without treats for the rest of your life”

Day 26 UK NFD

181.4 lbs. Under 13 stone. Yay:) Fasted a full 24 hours yesterday and then only ate once at 4pm, probably came in right around 500 calories. And wasn’t hungry the rest of the time at all. The dragon seems to have retreated again, I had been getting really really hungry lately. If I can make my weekend fasts stick I should meet my May goal of 180 lbs.

2nd post

@lany36 Happy birthday, have a lovely day.🌷🌼

@coda happy belated birthday 🌸🌺

Day 24 | London | FD
    Day 25 | London | NFD
    Day 26 | London | NFD

When you write a long post and acccidently delete it, that has just happened to me. Since Manchester/ Monday I haven’t had much motivation. I know I don’t need to say anymore… sad times.

So .. starting on 1st may I was 144lbs today I’m 135, really pleased and just need to keep it at that until the end of the month. When I started this way of eating at the beginning of the month my aim was to find out if this could be a way of living for me. I’m pleased to say, I can restrain for 2 days and fool myself into thinking I am going to eat all the food tomorrow.

We are away this weekend for my sis in laws birthday, I must not get over excited and eat everything. Hope everyone has a super weekend and enjoy the extra day if you have it.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,851 through 1,900 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.