May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2017 31-Day Challenge (1st Anniversary!)

This topic contains 2,268 replies, has 131 voices, and was last updated by  Moammad 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,272 total)

• Hi 2nd post

Thank you @lilymartin, @songbirdme, @strawberriesandcream and @scs. I had a lovely morning opening cards and presents from friends and family. Has everyone heard of a nomination bracelet? The boys bought me one and some charms for Christmas and I got some more lovely charms for it, a little flower because I love my garden, my birthstone, a diamond as that is for 60 years (more discreet than the numbers lol) and a little gold heart. I love it! The boys also got me a watch, which will be a nice keepsake. Dad gave me some US Dollars to spend – so feeling loved!

Hope the dentist visit went well @okeydokey.

@keetseel – if you have a chicken roast dinner use the carcass from that for the bone broth. here is a link https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/bone-broth-broth-can-cure-cold-idm-6-2/ but think there may be another link as well – if someone can put it up for you.
    Apart from letting it simmer for a long time (I use a pressure cooker so cuts down the length of time) its not very time consuming and not much more work than making a soup.

Thanks again @strawberriesandcream for leading the charge for June

@keetseel I make my own broth in different ways. Sometimes I will put a chicken including bones in the slow cooker and let it cook for the day. If I have thighs or other pieces, I’ll take the skin off. If I want to add vegetables I do about 2-3 hours in.
    I try to get less fat meat with the bone in to slow cook. I have also gotten bones from the butcher to add more bone for the broth. You have soup as it cooks down. Then you can drain and keep the broth for later with what is left.
    We have just gotten a new programmable pressure cooker for Vegetable stews and bone broth. I will have to read more, but I’m looking forward to learning. If it works I’ll be able to get slow cooking results in about 1/2 hour to 45 mins.

@chumi it’s 11:00 am here right now, today. My dentist app is at 1:00 pm. I’m a little apprehensive, but it is only a cleaning. I will have to stay pretty determined to get myself there though… But I will do it. Thanks✨

Day 24 – FD

Day 24, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Today’s weight 142.2, below goal weight of 145.

Today would normally be a fasting day but decided to switch it up a bit and do the fasting tomorrow – probably 16-8 or something like that. We have a physical therapy appointment at 11, neither of us will eat before we leave so it will be at least 2 or 3 before we settle into the booth at the Mexican restaurant. That will be the only meal of the day.

It is about 10 a.m. and I have already got in almost half a gallon of water and a lot of exercise. Feel very energized which is odd as I woke up at about 1 a.m., came into the den and turned on the tv. Got to see the President meet with the Pope so that was nice. Then watched Dr. Phil warning us once again not to send hundreds of thousands of dollars to somebody who says they need the money to get two lockboxes filled with gold coins and jewelry out of Nigeria which they will, of course, then share with ME !!!! I mean, really, can I ever be warned too many times? I think not.

Hope everybody is having a great day/night.

Second post – Happy Birthday Coda. Sounds like you were showered with beautiful gifts, well deserved for sure.

I am sure if the bracelet you speak of would be the same as Pandora bracelets over hereor not but I love charm bracelets and the sentiment they express. I have a sterling silver one with some very meaningful charms – they are also excellent conversation starters!

Again, Happy Birthday – have a wonderful year.

2nd post

Dear @coda – not sure how I missed that it was your birthday – Happy Birthday πŸΎπŸ’πŸŽπŸŽˆπŸŽ‚ sounds like you had a lovely day and been spoilt by the family Have a fab day celebrating πŸ€—

Thank you @lindasue and @at – going home now to enjoy a Chinese meal with the family and glass of wine 🍷 or a gin and tonic.πŸŽ‰

@coda Thank-you for your kind thoughts βœ¨πŸ’›
    Does anybody in the group live in the Manchester area?My DD saw on the news and told me that the police are tightening up security in that area. They have troops on the streets to police. They evidently think there is still someone involved or a wider group of individuals involved that are still at large. Sending safe, healthy vibes and prayers and blessings for safety for the people in Manchester.

On another note…
    It’s 5 hours earlier here in eastern standard time in the US than what it says on the date: time stamp of our posts.😊
    A bit interesting and weird tidbit of info. I’ve been interested in keeping my heart rate up above 80bpm because it is recorded at weightloss: fat burning zone when the heart is at 80bpm or above. When I was heavier and my left leg was broke, my heart rate wood go up above 80bpm more often, when I did my PT. I was losing weight faster then also. I usually work pretty hard to get my heart rate to 80bpm. It’s not easy for me now. I had taught aerobics classes in my 20’s. So my heart rate stays pretty steady and pretty low even when walking. I check it by my fit bit. Today as I’m getting ready to go to the dentist very apprehensive, my heart rate is at 94 bpm. Maybe there is a bright side to this. Maybe I will stay in the fatburning zone longer.

@keetseel — have fun on your Colorado get-away. I feel so lucky to live here since I’m inclined to be outdoorsy. Hope you get good weather!

Since you asked about Bone Broth
    β€” Here’s a link outlining all the amazing benefits … keep reading/ scrolling, at the very bottom of the article is a recipe to try out.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/bone-broth-broth-can-cure-cold-idm-6-2/

There are many different methods of making broth (mine never gets as thick as the picture in this article, I prefer it thin & runny, so I can drink or spoon it like a bouillon from a big mug.)

I toss the bones, onion, carrots, celery, herbs, spices etc into my Instant Pot crock pot. Let it boil for 24 hours to really extract all the goodness from the bone marrow.
    My doggy loves the meat & carrots that are left once I strain my broth off. I make huge batches so there’s always mason jars of this healthy stuff in my freezer ready for a FD pick-me-up!

Enjoy!!

Day 24 – MT USA – FD

Coda: Just popping by to wish you a HAPPY BIRTHDAY! 60 years an’all…a youngster!
    With love xx

Day 21- Montreal- NFD
    Day 22- ” NFD
    Day 23- ” NFD
    Day 24- ” FD

Day 24 Florida USA NFD Good FD yesterday. I’m a bit indulgent so far today, have to put the brakes on. I have to seriously address my compulsion to seek out ice cream. I grew up across from a dairy and my whole family is thus afflicted. Ice Cream is associated with emotional comfort. Just by sharing this I hope to stay mindful about it. I’ll still be under TDEE today but it won’t be a day high in nutrition. Tomorrow’s another chance for reset. Good luck to all.

@coda Happy Birthday πŸŽ‰

Day 24 – SW WA USA – FD

@coda – May you enjoy the rest of your birthday! Happy 60th!

@keetseel – glad you got some great input on bone broth. I’ve used my crockpot/slowcooker with good success. Folks on this forum gave me great recipe ideas & I went to a local market to ask about bones for bone broth. He directed me to a freezer where they had bones cut up in about 2 1/2 inch piece in a 2 lb pkg especially for bone broth. He said it was easier to access the bone marrow with the small pieces. Perhaps you have a market that can supply you similarly.

@strawberriesandcream – I like it that you’re enjoying lots of fresh fruit and still losing. I love fruit too & it’s becoming more available in this season

@goldensun & Saffy420 – I’m so glad that non of your loved ones were hurt in the terrible tragedy in Manchester.
    Saffy420 – question – what is the SF Jelly you have for dessert? Is this a type of gelatin or jello? Here “jelly” is like jam but without the seeds.

@at – good for continuing so well on your maintenance. You’re a real encouragement.

Day 24, Gozo Malta, nfd

Coda happy birthday, many happy remains.

Nfd for me. I can’t seem to plan for a fast day right now.

Good night everyone.

Day 24, Germany, NFD

@coda Happy Birthday

@okeydokey hope you’re well

Thanks @snowflake56 @coda @chumi I just got out of the dental appointment, no pain. All went well, although I had to make more appointments for July after I get back from San Diego.

FD is going well. I’ve only had a small avocado this morning.😊 Going to pick up veggies from the grocery store to try in our new pressure cooker. We have some bones in the freezer.
    @annemarilyn I’m going to make the bone broth using the link you posted. When we get back in June. Thanks✨ I like what your butcher shared with you about the bones cut in smaller pieces to access the bone marrow.

@ciren2 aww thank you. Lovely to hear from you. How’s it going?
    @sirisan, @annemarilyn, @anna6 and @snowflake56 thank you for my birthday wishes

Oooppss. Suddenly realised I was getting my dates all mixed up.

Correct entries should have been

Day 22, NFD
    Day 23, FD
    Day 24, NFD

Day 25 will be an FD, and depending on how I feel on Friday, I may try my first ever B2B on Day 26.

Ooops I meant to say… The link that @happymargo posted.✨
    Bone Broth✨
    β€” Here’s a link outlining all the amazing benefits … keep reading/ scrolling, at the very bottom of the article is a recipe to try out.
    https://intensivedietarymanagement.com/bone-broth-broth-can-cure-cold-idm-6-2/

2nd post

@annemarilyn Jelly is the uk is the same as Jello in the states. I remember the confusion of being asked did I want Jelly with my toast when we were in New Orleans a few years ago!

The brand I buy does a powder packet you mix with water, it makes about 3 servings for 8 calories each. I don’t like the taste of artificial sweeteners (does anyone), but these taste ok to me.

I’ve lost count of days
    London
    Day 20 NFD
    Day 21 NFD
    Day 22 FD
    Day 23 FD B2B
    Day 24 NFD

Doing well so far

Hope you are happy with loses. I feel so much better no bloating it’s amazing

Day 24- Scotland- nfd
    This morning I was nearly back to my weight on Friday so it took only two fast days rather than 6 or 9 to cancel my 2-3 days of crazy binging over the weekend. Anyway, I was feeling so sad that I don’t want this to happen again.
    Good day today. I had a cookie in the afternoon and a yummy but heavy an unhealthy meat pie tonight, but I try to compensate and I think I didn’t go over my tdee. I will try a fast tomorrow, but then my in laws will be here for around a week.

Day 25/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Day 24 – FD – Toronto

FD was going fine and at 500 calories till about 4 p.m. I woke up quite early today (5 am) and therefore had a nap. I woke up about 30 mins later with a real hankering for some crackers that put me at 600 calories. Bah. I liked all the info re bone broth and will try that out as I’m finding I sort of dread the second FD of the week these days. It had gotten easier for a few months but now is back to feeling like a struggle.

Akron OH day 24 nfd. I started out really well tracking all my intake and then completely lost control after I got home from work. Blah!!! 16:8 out the window.
    I’m looking forward to FD tomorrow and Friday.

Day 25 Brunei NFD

I’m really pleased that yesterday was a successful fast day because like @allsmiles said above, I have also struggled a little with the second fast day. By 5pm, all I had had was a coconut water (and water and tea) so I prepared cauliflower rice again, this time with a couple of spoons of some homemade lentil curry. I had about 400 cals worth on my plate but I couldn’t finish it! I was really satiated after about half the plate so just put the left overs away. This has really cheered me because it makes me think that my stomach must be shrinking because of the fasting and that my appetite will decrease, making it easier not to be tempted my desserts and snacks.
    I’m also pleased that I broke my fast with coconut water and veggie sticks and will have lunch with colleagues today at a sushi restaurant and have some sashimi and miso soup. Tonight it’s a thai restaurant with friends, but it’s the healthy kind of thai and I can already imagine that I will fill up really quickly.
    So I feel that my 58 kilo goal is in sight and next month I will aim for 2 kilos to see if I can get to 56 kg in time for our holiday starting on 8th July.

Onwards and downwards and well done everyone!
    And Happy Birthday @coda!
    And yes, I’m grieving about the awful attack in Manchester, a city I have lived in and where I have many friends and is very close to my hometown of Sheffield. It’s so difficult to express my sadness and shock.

Day 25 Oman NFD

Day 25
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Happy birthday @coda and thanks for the welcome back! And thank you to @scs – it is good to be back on board. πŸ™‚
    Thoughts and prayers are with all in Manchester. We went to the Liverpool FC v Sydney FC game last night and to have nearly 75,000 people standing in total silence for a minute was very powerful. The silence was broken only by a baby’s laugh – that innocent joy helped comfort people. xxx

Day 25 Australia NFD

Day 25 UK FD 🌈

Keep on keeping on πŸ‘ŠπŸ»,going for my third FD. Because I’m really busy today and won’t get to eat until dinner tonight, going to drink a gallon of water, πŸ’¦πŸ‰,hoping to shift that little scale digit down, it’s not budging ATM. I’m still on my plateau but I will win this fight!

Was a little hungry last night, had no chocolate in the house, had to make do with a boiled egg, but funnily enough that was all I needed.

Hope all have a fab. day whatever way you are doing this 5 2, whatever your goal is, you can and you will succeed. Final week of May! πŸ€ΈπŸΌβ€β™€οΈ

Day 25: Northumberland, UK: FD

Had a lovely day yesterday, but too many carbs and well over TDEE I think, so resetting today even though not much damage has been done according to the scales this morning (but then we don’t trust them….). Might not be a 500cal fast day, but anything less than 1000 should help rebalance this week and set me up for a week away with the kids.

Day 25 Newcastle UK NFD

Day 25 UK FD

182.6 lbs. Really thought it was going to be way down this morning because I weed so much last night. But exactly the same instead. I made a butternut stew/curry last night that was really nice, I toasted the seeds from it with cashew and coconut and other tasty seeds and sprinkled it on top. Lovely. I thought I didn’t like squash but I think I changed my mind. I used turmeric root in it too, another thing I thought I didn’t like, but do. If only I could convince my son that what he likes can change. It is very frustrating that I cook all this healthy food and he won’t even try it while he moans about eating the same thing all the time. He went to the shop and bought himself rice crispies yesterday and then got fish and chips on the way home. Not good.

Day 25, Belfast, NFD

@coda many happy returns! Hope the treats keep on coming for you!

I had a pretty good FD yesterday. I even sat and watched the Man Utd game without a beer 🍻. Just a few glasses of water as I didn’t want to undo all the good work of the day. Was very happy for Manchester Utd winning – the players spoke very well about how they wanted to win this final for their city. Heartbreaking too.

Big hugs and good luck to everyone today.

Day 25 UK NFD – as was yesterday – worse day I’ve had in ages ,just constant eating .Putting it behind me and hoping for a better day today

Happy Birthday Coda πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰

Day 25, London, UK, FD

It should be an angst-free FD today, busy at work then off to yoga!! Topped my TDEE yesterday by 100cals due to a random pack of crisps!!! Above my goal TDEE but below my current TDEE…………… still training that brain!!!

The 7-day countdown starts today, so as usual, I’ll be aiming for 4:3 minimum and maybe a liquid FD somewhere throughout this final PUSH! I long for the days when I was overshooting my targets regularly, I think it’s time to shake things up a bit…………. June may be an experiment involving exercise, LCHF, strict 500 cal FDs and ZERO snacking (I’m not treating myself, just fooling myself!!!)

Good luck everyone, final big push for May. We CAN do this!!!

Day 24, Newcastle UK, NFD

A beautiful morning with bright blue sky and sun. Off to my Dad’s to give his garden one last tidy-up before he leaves it to the new owners.

@coda – My OH gave me a Pandora bracelet for my recent birthday – I treasure it already as each of the 3 charms he chose bring back wonderful memories.
    @bert1802 – Best wishes for tomorrow when you will enjoy being a very proud Mum.
    @lumat & @slogan15 – good to hear you’re both winning with this WOL.
    @fatrabbit – your recipes always sound so delicious. Have you tried bribery with your son – Β£1/plateful πŸ™‚
    @okeydokey – I’m pleased to hear your dental visit was fine and hope your anxiety about future visits is decreasing. Have you tried listening to music during your treatment?
    @lynzm – I have my 500ml bottle at the ready for today. Every time I fill it I shall think of you drowning dragons πŸ™‚
    @jarbia – pleased to hear you enjoyed Chelsea – I’m interested to hear your opinion on the winning show garden. Which garden did you like best?

Have a good day friends. Together we are Stronger.

Day 25 NFD Portugal
    Day 24 FD
    Day 23 NFD
    Day 22 FD

Life is hectic atm. I am not managing to read posts or even check in some days. Trying to keep to ADF but FDs have def been over 500 – nearer 800, I’d say, but it’s the best I can do for now. @coda, I did notice it was your birthday. Hope you had a great day.

Day 25 Belfast FD
    Will catch up with the copious posts later.
    Well, I’m home from a wonderful 10 days in Portugal marred only by getting my purse pick pocketed in Lisbon. I don’t usually carry much cash, but OH had just been to the cash point and we usually split our money for safety. Had a card on me too, because it was our last day, and we were doing a bit of shopping. I guess they were watching, and how they got it is beyond me. It was zipped in a small pocket in the back of my rucksack, which was also zipped. The card was duly cancelled, but the annoying thing was that my fingers had swollen in the heat, so I had taken off my rings, and they were in the purse. 😒😬
    The scales show a couple of pounds up, but the fridge was empty, so I ate a Chinese meal last night, which usually leaves me a little heavier. Generally though, I ate lovely healthy fish and salad meals and walked miles.
    Happy belated birthday Coda. πŸ’πŸ’πŸŒΊ
    Heartfelt thoughts and prayers to Manchester. We watched the shocking pictures from our hotel room. For those of us in Northern Ireland who lived through the ‘troubles’, we learnt that we must continue to live our lives and never give in to terrorists. The thought that anyone can target innocent people is appalling. Hugs to everyone.

Day 25 Hampshire, UK – FD

I decided to fast today instead of Friday as we will be having a picnic in the sun tomorrow with work colleague and I want to enjoy it, I have never done two fasting days in a row so I hope I can handle it, at least its my FD 3 so I know I can have a good weekend until Monday, I also run 5km on a Thursday lunchtime with my running group so hoping that being on two FD in a row wont affect me too much – we’ll see!!!

@coda Happy Birthday!!!!

Day 25, London UK, FD
    Day 24 NFD
    Day 23 FD

My thoughts still very much with Manchester. All those babes’ lives cut short.

Day 25 – UK – NFD

Day 25 – UK – FD

Happy Birthday for yesterday @coda, hope you had a lovely day celebrating your special birthday.

Day 25 – UK – FD

This month is going so fast. I have a busy day planned today but my heart isn’t in it. Pocketeers list started – hope I haven’t missed anyone:-

@bigviking
    @shera10000
    @lynzm
    @lmrenfrey
    @fatrabbit
    @flourbaby
    @debster251
    @xrox
    @helenalee
    @yolina
    @pippapah

@debster251 – what a horrible thing to happen on your holiday, especially the loss of your rings. Am going away myself soon so will definitely be re-thinking where I put my purse.

Day 25 Tas Australia FD

Stayed under 300 cals so happy with that.

@coda Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely evening planned. I hope you enjoyed it! Bracelet sounds lovely too. Glad you have been so spoilt!

Day 25 — Colorado USA– FD

Looking forward to this long-over-due FD!
    Weight is slightly up, so this day is greatly needed. πŸ˜πŸ‘πŸΌ

Day 25….. Florida……FD

I on bit of a time crunch this morning, I did not sleep well last night, to much on my brain for it to shut down…..hopefully my nerves will calm down today.

@fatrabbit….. my oldest refuses to try and add variety to his food aka fruits and veg., but he’s been like this since he was a babe. He spit every fruit and veg out I gave him, when he first started eating. He’s 21 now and I was able to incorporate broccoli, spinach and corn into his diet over the years. We made a deal with him, he at least has to try one bite of what put on the table.
    Now, my youngest, he eats everything whether he likes it or not. I think he seen the struggle with the oldest and just figured learning to eat was better than the lecture. Oh and possibly going without a snicky snack before bed.

@debster…… sorry to hear about your troubles. People are terrible these days! I hope you and your hubby recover quickly with no adverse effects.

Yesterday was a pretty good day stayed under my TDEE. I did end up having a pastry after dinner which started my fast about an hour and half later than normal. Good news the scales are showing some progress so that good.

Well, I’m off, got to go see a man about a horse.

Chin up Princess…… your crown is slipping!

Viewing 50 posts - 1,801 through 1,850 (of 2,272 total)

You must be logged in to reply.