Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,801 through 10,850 (of 16,657 total)

• Enjoy your tennis Amazon. Well done on your fasts, 3:4 will get your weight moving I am certain.

Hi Iona, well done! Two consecutive days is quite an achievement. Your weight will bounce up again but overall will decrease if you keep fasting. Keep a record of your weight (and measurements too) and you will see a trend. Its great to look back on if you have a week of no losses. Fasting really does ‘reset’ your appetite too, lots of us are in bad habits of either grazing or just oversized portions that have seemed normal. Your appetite should decrease after fasting. I have a sweet tooth and that has improved a lot. I still love sweet things and sometimes have a breakout, but the cravings have diminished hugely. You are right to plan, its a big help. Good luck.

Thanks RT. Mr P enjoyed them too! P

Wee – if they feel good, they’ll look good. Go for it!

We’re both in the same decade. Traditionalists might want us to toddle around in beige crimplene with blue rinses and pensioner perms, like these poor old souls in this popular perception of how women should look beyond a certain age, not like the foxy ladies who frequent the forum.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-26654759.

We know where the traditionalists can go, don’t we? πŸ™‚

If I wasn’t such a big baby with a very low pain threshold I’d get myself a tattoo, small, discreet – a ladybird, a butterfly, a flower, maybe, but a tattoo nevertheless.

Hope your son has a lovely time, RT. It is so awful when they get hurt!

Wee, wear your jeans with pride πŸ˜›

Aww thanks everyone I will shorten them and wear them . Will Take a picture when I do :).

Herm go for the tattoo pal :).

I just came in to give you all a laugh .. I bought myself a pair of cotton short type things to sleep in as pyjama bottom . they look like the Lycra style thingys my granddaughter goes running in . They are grey and really really clingy . I put them on with a pair of grey ballet pump kind of shoes that match and went bursting into the living-room where Jim was sitting . I was twirling round and said all excited ” are they not brilliant pal? don’t you think they are really slimming? I love them :). I looked at his face and I could see he was trying to find something nice to say BUT he was so surprised . I burst out laughing and said ” don’t worry pal they are for sleeping in .Ha! ha! he looked so relieved πŸ™‚ xx

Wee xx

Good evening All,
    Just finished Day 3 Fluid Fast 3.5 lbs down as at this morning. I am not going to lie, it has been a tough week and I have very low energy tonight so I am getting an early night. Moved out of my flat so I have wifi again. I have two weeks of cleaning and painting. So tired of packing and lifting boxes.

I have read all the posts for this week, very interesting. I will reply to some of them tomorrow if that is OK. It seems most people are motivated and succeeding, well done everyone’, especially Iona72, I too plan to be 10 stone this year but hopefully sooner than Christmas.

I hope you are well now Ply and Nicky. I hope your hospital results are good Wee, enjoy your skinny jeans, I wear them as a size 16 so I am certain you can wear them at size 12, I also go for very bright colours, makes me feel good. Hope you are coping better now Amazon and that you get a good result this week.

Hi Jojo,
    Well done with the fluid fasts. I couldn’t manage it this week but have done two FDs and am doing B2B tomorrow and Sunday which is quite enough for one week methinks. I’ve been to the gym three times this week but apart from that spent a quiet week at home which turned out to be what I needed. I’m feeling much more positive and looking forward to the challenge of my first B2B for months.
    I hope you take a bit of time to relax before embarking on your cleaning and painting.

I’ve just read the Original Fasting Diet book which I found very interesting especially the recommendations for exercise. James Johnson says adults of all ages should aim for 5 x 30min sessions of cardiovascular work plus 3 x 30min of strength training with a days rest between each session.
    He says that age related muscle loss and fat gain can be kept at bay by doing this, and that as little as 10-15mins strength training three times a week can maintain muscle mass.
    He also mentioned that women in particular don’t like to push themselves when doing strength training so I made an effort to do so this week. On Monday I did an hour of cardio, thirty mins of strength work and then swam for 30 mins. I felt tired but elated and very happy with what I had managed to do and slept really well. On Tuesday I reached up to a high cupboard shelf and my arms told me just how hard I’d been working πŸ˜† Today I shifted the heaviest load so far when doing lateral pull downs. I’ll tighten up my upper arms if it’s the last thing I do!

I weighed this morning and still haven’t lost anything but I’ll just keep going as I know it’ll start to move soon enough now I’m getting back into my routine.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Well I’m certainly not meeting those exercise targets so time to change my ways I guess!

Hi Hermaj

Go for the tattoo! I had my ears pierced at 51 and just love being able to indulge in frivolous ear rings.

Wee, the jeans sounds great. Go, girl, go. Confidence carries all before it. πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hermaj and Wee just go for what you want. I know my 87 year old mother wears jeans nearly daily in winter (too hot in summer) and goes and does what makes her happy πŸ™‚

One thing which riles me is when “strangers” come in to the forum and the first thing they do is try to give links to non related diet or exercise sites – yes I’ve reported the latest one! Strangers please get to know us and let us get to know you before posting links and really find out first if we are even interested πŸ™‚ – apologies Jojo if I have overstepped just get sick of their posts coming to my emails.

I think what saved me from more weight gain while incapacitated was getting back to 18:6 or 19:5 as soon as I could. What I had available to eat was dependent on my OH as I could not drive and the nearest shops are almost 8 km away which I couldn’t walk that far as I was off balance. I am this week starting to move more normally in my walking and getting better balance again.

Have a great weekend all πŸ™‚

Good to hear of your progress AO.
    Bay, you are sounding chirpy again too πŸ˜‰
    Are you leaving most things packed away, Jo? Especially oversized clothes? πŸ˜‰
    Have a good weekend everyone. P

Thanks Ply and Nama He has been a bloody worry to me for the last 5 years and it was fair to say I was more nervous than him he had washed his car and bought a new shirt and was extremely anxious, he had booked a table at the local Indian restaurant for 6pm last night he picked her up he didn’t want to meet her there so off he went & 3 hours later they came home she met y-fee and I already knew her from work πŸ˜‰ he does not drink alcohol and neither does she so he made 2 milo’s they watched a movie in the living room snacked on some chocolate and then he took her home. Very old school he was back in ten minutes he smiled and he was just so happy and that dear fast friends is why.
    We do not remember days, we remember moments.
    Cesare Pavese

That was pure gold for me to see πŸ˜₯ happy Dad tears

The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together.
    — Erma Bombeck
    Peace RT

That is just beautiful RT (the Happy Dad tears!). Their happiness is our happiness. Sounds like things got off to a good start anyway.

Hi AO

Most of those links are Spam. You can see by how many threads the link has been posted to, that mostly it’s done by computer not human. Good job on reporting it.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Good Morning Friends,
    So nice to be in touch again, really missed you all. No change on the scales still 3.5 lbs down this week after 3 fluid fasts which did include soup, but I had a good sleep, ready for another day of moving boxes.

PVE- like Amazon I have unpacked ‘too big’ clothes at the Charity Shop. Just two items saved from this fate as I plan to alter them. But I still have a few impulsive buys that are too small, one size 14 and one size 12, they await and tempt me in a good way. Seriously though I still have far too many clothes.
    I won’t be unpacking much of my stuff as I will only be at the house temporarily.just as well because I don’t think I could face it. I need to learn to be a minimalist, clutter free is the way to go.

RT- we all want our children to be happy and settled, I hope your son enjoys being part of a couple again. Some of us single oldies wouldn’t mind some romance either. Aussie Oma- Sounds like you are on the mend, please be careful, small steps.
    Bay- I love my earring collection, I am known for them, seems to be a teacher thing, a small way of expressing ones personality and style, especially dangly ones( but not too Bet Lynch-TV personality known for extreme earrings- barmaid in a soap- years ago)
    Iona72-my daily physical targets are all lifting boxes and going up and down stairs at present. I do walk daily though if nothing else, minimum 1 hour, I have two dogs so no choice. I should be doing the Race for Life tomorrow but can’t find a Walk Leader to take over my community weekly walk so I had to cancel. It’s the same distance anyway so no problem. At least they have my entry money as a donation.
    Have a great day everyone.

RT,

I love that family quote, so true!

Fantastic that your boy is hopefully now in a place to trust again and have a relationship.

Jo,

Good to hear from you. Fantastic news on the weight loss!

I also ended up water fasting this week (Thursday lunchtime until Friday night) due to a stomach bug. I blame Ply! I wouldn’t have fasted earlier in the week if I’d known! At 1.6kg lost this week, I’m a fully paid up member of the lose 2lbs club…but a bit lower than I want to be so unlikely to be fasting again for a while…

Happy Saturday all.

Enjoy the tennis Amazon.

Wear those jeans with pride, Wee. Just don’t come back and ask us about mini skirts and hot pants… πŸ™‚

I get the teacher earring thing Jo πŸ˜‰ Funny socks and shoes were another way to get the kids talking. πŸ˜†
    I kept one large waterproof trench coat from my larger days. I wore it to the city in the teaming rain yesterday, right over the top of my warm wollen coat. Warm and dry! Brilliant. P

Morning/evening all.

Lots of posts ro catch up on πŸ™‚

A beautiful hot sunny morning πŸ˜›

I have recycled every item of clothing that was too large as I’ll never need them again. I also have a few items bought on impulse that are too small, but I’ll wear them one day. Day one of B2B. I am pleased that it is a hot one as eating nothing and drinking a lot is so much easier than when it is cold.

Earrings are not exclusively a teacher thing. I had my ears pierced for my 7th birthday and have had a life long love affair with them. I wear silver jewellery and have a large collection of earrings both small and large. I bought a beautiful pair of danglers shaped like Gingko leaves home from Bruges.
    I always had to wear a uniform so used to wear patterned/funny socks as did many of my colleagues.

Happy, does having lost weight unintentionally through being poorly mean that you have to eat a bit extra to build up your strength…….. πŸ˜‰

RT, good to hear you son had a successful evening. Despite it taking so long, and you being so worried about him, the fact that he took his time before putting his toe in the water again is a good thing. It must be wonderful for you and Mrs RT to see him happy again.

As for the exercise targets, I have time and energy to devote to such things and I enjoy the gym, but not everyone is able or wants to. Now that I’ve improved my health and fitness with weight loss and exercise I’m looking at strength work because I no longer do anything else. My job was fairly physical in nature and involved moving a lot of heavy equipment around on a daily basis and I needed to replace the workout my muscles got with something else. I also gave up my allotment which was another source of hard labour.
    We all do what suits us.

Have a good one everybody.

Morning all – she says, head just about showing above the parapet and on best behaviour. πŸ™‚

Wee, Bay and AO,

Like you, and I suspect many of our fellow posters, I don’t give a monkey’s about age appropriateness. The “shouldn’t do that at your age” brigade are way behind the times and even the younger ones are sad old souls.

However, picking up on what Happy says, I think there are things no one should wear after about age 21 – like hot pants and minis, although I can’t see the problem with few-inches-above-above-the-knee skirts, if you’ve got the legs for it. I think it’s the “pussy pelmets” that are inappropriate much beyond one’s teens. Anything that looks good on a 30-something can, with the odd minor adjustment to conceal the wobbly bits, look great as you wait for your telegram from the other Hermaj – her at Buck House.

The only reason I haven’t had a tattoo is that tattoo parlours don’t offer general anesthesia. You wouldn’t believe what a wuss I am, although I’m better than I was following several years of regular acupuncture. Needles now hold no – or not much – fear.

Bay, I was only six years ahead of you when I had my ears pierced. Sadly, things went a bit pear-shaped when my earlobes became infected while the keepers were still in – not nice as I had to travel to midsummer Madrid where it was as hot as hell. Never regretted it though. My most recent Christmas present from Him Indoors was a lovely, multi-storey, compartmentalised, jewel box to hold my 60+ pairs of earrings, many of them gifts from him to mark Christmas, birthdays and anniversaries.

Funny teacher story. In my probationary year in 1980 I read about one (male) teacher’s way of calming the class down and getting them to shut up. Sit down at your desk, put your feet up on the desk and start reading the newspaper. Unless they are trainee psychopaths – I had a few of those – they will eventually realise you are not giving THEM the attention they deserve. I did just that – don’t worry, I was wearing trousers – and it worked. Suddenly amid the silence a little voice piped up.”Miss, your boots cost Β£14.99!” – I’d forgotten to remove the price label on the sole. Happy days.

Hi Amazon,

My digestive system is still a little delicate today, but yes I’ll be looking to ‘eat up’ to my maintenance weight. I can honestly say that before I found 5:2 there was not once ever in my life a time when I thought ‘ooh, I need to eat more’. I really do feel as though intermittent fasting has ‘fixed’ me and my body finally works with me not against me.

Hermaj,

Good to see you here!
    I guess I should add re: age appropriate clothing that Wee’s jeans might be inappropriate if she’s wearing them with 6 inch heel snakeskin shoes and a bra top πŸ™‚

And interestingly, mini skirts and hot pants on younger people aren’t necessarily appropriate, depending on body shape and size and context.

I’m afraid I can’t join in on earring (or shoe!) obsessions. I’ve always worn my hair longer and loose, so although I have some nice earrings there’s little point wearing them! As for shoes: wellies, walking boots, running shoes, bike shoes, a pair of boots for winter, a pair of shoes and a pair of sandals for summer: replace any that wear out!

Hi Amazon.

Only the favoured – or completely bonkers – few would be able to carry off the snakeskin shoes ensemble. And I agree that the body shape and the context need to be right for minis and hot pants, although it would need tact to tell a teen or pre-teen she was too fat or too skinny to wear either. I guess some really clever mums might find compromises so that the kid could develop her own style, enabling her to look good without looking frumpy.

I speak as a former teenage frump only allowed to wear what the parents approved of, e.g. skirts flapping round my ankles when the current style was on or just below the knee. Any shorter and I would be in danger of committing the capital crime of showing my (equally frumpy) knickers. Trousers of any kind, especially jeans, were “unsuitable for young girls”. No wonder I rebelled spectacularly when I left home.

I do envy you being able to wear your hair long and loose. Beyond a certain, fairly short,length, mine goes into bag-lady mode.

Whoops! Obviously out of practice. The last post was aimed at Amazon AND Happy. Poor old soul’s obviously losing it. πŸ™

I’ve a good excuse though. I’m alternating posting with translating stuff about Central Asia in the Middle Ages – Genghis Khan and all that. Now there was a real nasty piece of work. Obviously a role model for ISIS and the like. And cheeky with it. Having destroyed a whole city, seemingly just for the hell of it, as one does when one is an evil, power-crazed, homicidal maniac, he went on to tell the few survivors that it was all their own fault. He had been sent by the Almighty to punish them for their evil ways.

Hermaj,

I thought for a minute there you were describing the government…

Happy,

Smiley

Yeah, there’s more than a certain resemblance. πŸ™‚

Nothing to do with me, gov. I didn’t vote for the buggers.

We just had a by-election due to a vacancy on the local council. Only 26% turnout. The other 74% are too busy complaining about local services…

Hi hermaj πŸ™‚

Oh dear,
    So I should hang on to the leopard skin 6 inch heels and leather hot pants for my 60 th Birthday Party. Back to Plan A then Supergirl Costume.

Davis Cup brilliant, cricket – only OK for our Aussie cousins.

Eating everything today- must take control.

Off to water my pots like a traditional pensioner. Ha ha

I wore a swimsuit for my 60th πŸ˜›

Hi Amazon,

I believe in some countries it’s illegal NOT to vote. Here, even if you show up at the poling station and vote for ‘none of the above’ because you doubt whether any of them are any good, or even put your X against the Monster Raving Loony Party, you are still exercising your franchise. I’m still a bit ashamed of the way I harangued my poor mum, who claimed she didn’t have time to go and vote, telling her that people died so that she and I could do just that. I should have been gentler, but the message would have been the same.

Hello everyone, well I am back. I have decided that this forum actually helps with accountability as I simply gave up a couple of months ago, not long After my trip to China and whilst I have not put on much I realised this morning that I felt better when seriously doing 5:2. So here we go again. I am about to start a new term and after ten days of a cold which became an infection I am beginning to feel a bit better. So tomorrow is day one. I will fast and see whether I go straight to 4:3 or stay at 5:2. It has been wet, cold and miserable so not wxercising much, all of which have contributed to my lethargy. Off to Melbourne work a girls week end in seven weeks so want to fit into my lower sized jeans,.
    Cheers emel.

Hi Hermaj

It’s illegal in Oz NOT to vote. We have to exercise our democratic rights whether we like it or not. Like you, I believe that our great grandmothers fought for us to have the right. We also have preferential voting, NOT first past the post which disenfranchises most of the electorate. Strong views! moi! πŸ˜‰

Cheers, from sunny frosty land. Bay πŸ™‚

Welcome back emel. It does keep you accountable, doesn’t it? I’ve decided to stop the forum addiction a couple of times and quickly returned. Too many great fasters here to keep you on the straight and narrow! πŸ˜‰

Hermaj, Bay is right. But what we have is compulsory ‘turn up to have your name crossed off the electoral roll’. Some people (idiots) still write x’s or obsenities on their ballot papers. I’ve done scruntineering and it staggers me how blase people can be about their precious right to vote.

Having a good weekend up watching the ocean and eating to make up for too much fasting last week. πŸ™‚ P

Hi Everyone,
    My goal is to read and post everyday, ok how about 5 out of 7 days?
    What is B2B? Just wondering I know it was explained somewhere.
    Jo-jo one of my goals this summer was to throw or give away 15 things each day. For I too want to be a minimalist it is on my vision board. A website I love is FLYLADY she has helped me with my disorganized life.
    RT- your love for your son shows deeply through your posts
    emel- I need lots of accountability too and with people that do not think that fasting is weird. Everyone here are my friends.
    Amazon- you rock! Wearing a swim suit at 60.. I am going to be doing that to at my goal weight in 13 years.

Today my husband and I took a 10 hour drive over Sonora Pass it was beautiful!! I even got him to get out and take a 15 minute hike at 8000ft in elevation. We also stopped to have lunch at 2:30. I only had two hard boiled eggs at 12:00pm. For lunch I ordered a guacamole hamburger without the bun. It was so good!
    I am looking forward to fasting on Monday.

Have a wonderful Sunday:)

Morning/evening all

Sarah, I was on holiday in Australia and my friends threw a breakfast BBQ on the beach for my party, so it wasn’t daring or outrageous (must try harder) πŸ˜‰
    Several fasttrackers swim regularly so wearing a swimsuit is nothing unusual πŸ™‚
    B2B means fasting on two consecutive days which I am doing this weekend and today is my second day. It isn’t that difficult if you keep busy, and I’ve done it a lot but got out of the habit.

Hi emel welcome home πŸ˜†

Off to the tennis today and I’m really looking forward to it πŸ˜›

Have a good one everybody.

I live in swimmers in summer and I’m 63! I love showing off my post 5:2 figure! Tight fitting clothes look great on a slim body, but at any age, need to be tasteful and reflect something of your personality not the shop assistant’s πŸ˜‰ P

Right with you on the shop assistant point, Purple.

When I was about to marry Him Indoors after 24 years ‘living in sin’ a well-meaning younger relative suggested I might get a personal shopper – i.e. a high-end shop assistant – to help me choose my outfit. I’m afraid she got a colourful reply, bless her. I did not want to wind up with a ‘mother of the bride’ outfit or worse, looking like the blankety-blank Queen Mum, in pastels with a silly hat, while leaving the poor personal shopper in tears.

It made matters worse that, as a result of the quack continuing to shovel corticosteroids down my throat to treat polymyalgia rheumatica two and half years after the condition had cleared, I weighed 84 kilos (this was before 5:2 was invented), which at a height of 1.55 metres was obscene. I also had a great, big moon face with little piggy eyes. Yuck!!! I wore black, OK with a rather nice sparkly decoration around the yoke, but not very bridal.

Good Evening All,
    It has been a glorious day here. I started it with a long shower, then a long walk. I made a delicious prawn stir fry for lunch( zero noodle version of course) this was followed by a Magnum ice-cream- yum. I think we should spoil ourselves a bit on Sunday’s.
    Tomorrow, Wednesday and Friday will be liquid fasts. I aim to lose 3 lb this week as this seems to be more realistic than the 4 lb I hoped for last week.
    Great to have you back Emel- keep fighting the flab with us.
    Sarah- I think I need to dispose of 100 things per day but I hope to sell some. I am taking some Martini glasses, champagne glasses and shot glasses to the Charity Shop tomorrow, unwanted gifts from my teaching days. If I have an alcoholic drink it’s usually a gin and tonic. Mostly I drink water because I can’t spare the calories.

I had a discussion about dieting with a fellow bowler yesterday. She also finds she puts on weight if she exceeds 1200 calories in any one day. It’s good that I am not alone in this small calorie allowance. She is also is very active like me , doing two aerobic classes per day and playing bowls most days. She and I agree that this activity does not help weightloss and that the focus must be upon calories taken in. She didn’t fancy fasting but I am not patient enough to lose one pound per month like she does on Weightwatchers.

What is your calorie allowance level on non fast days or are you lucky enough not to count them.
    Amazon- I bet you had a great day watching Andy at Queens. I really enjoyed the match.

Evening all

Hi Jojo

I had a wonderful day but the fast day went t*ts up πŸ˜†
    I fasted yesterday so it’s not too bad. I didn’t eat all day and then got home feeling absolutely ravenous and wanting to celebrate the win so opened some wine and had a slice of bread and butter as dinner was 45 minutes away. I had 375 calories worth of stuffed peppers so not a complete disaster, but I can’t see any of this wine surviving until tomorrow. The end result is a 4:3 week and I’m planning on making the next week the same.

The tennis match was wonderful and the atmosphere so exciting. The result was never in doubt but it was a really tough battle. The sun was very hot but fortunately there was a cool breeze. It was fantastic to be part of the whole thing and I’ve never watched Andy play live before where he has had such great support from the crowd.
    GB play Australia in the SF in September and we are at home. It will probably be played in Scotland.

Hi. Congratulations. I am losing 1.5 to two pounds per week! So far I have gone from 267 to 242!! My medical tests are all within normal range and I feel great! This Fast Diet is fantastic. I recall that my first fast day was a little difficult but I got thru it. Now, the fast days come and go quickly. I thought I would be ravenous following a fast day, but I am absolutely satisfied by eating normally. Some non-fast days, I have to remind myself that I need to eat more. I tend to snack on apples, popcorn, pickles. I try not to deny myself normal foods or even pie or cake! Yet I am losing weight better than I have in my life!! Dr. Michael, many thanks to you!

Hi Bay,

I meant to ask you before – what is preferential voting? Is it where you get a list of candidates and are asked to number them in order of preference? Sounds a lot fairer, but must be murder to count.

Hi Herm
    The advantage of preferential voting is you can register a protest against the major parties by voting for a minor party, even with a slim chance of them getting in, but then placing 2 next to the lesser of the two evils in the major parties. This way your vote still gets counted for the major if the minor doesn’t get up, and the major parties can see who their electorate would actually prefer!
    It IS fun to count and sends a strong message to parties as those “other votes” (including mine!) Are handled and viewed multiple times. Each party has scrutineers watching the count and reporting back.
    Keep in mind, South Aust was the first place in the world to give all adult women the vote. Aussie polling 101. πŸ™‚

Re calories on eating days Jo, mine is about 1200 also. And I still need at least one fast and an extra 1/2 day fast to maintain my healthy weight. The shock reality for me, and Mr P, was how little food we need to sustain our goal weight. That’s why we choose our treats carefully. This is for life, like a kitten, not just for Christmas! πŸ˜‰ P

I have had a bit of a chaotic eating weekend, friends birthday night out, feeling a bit delicate next day! Not good….back on track now though.
    Fasting b2b Wednesday /Thursday this coming week will probably eat a lot of salad and a little fruit. Need to get stocked up tomorrow, planning is half the battle for me!

PVE-good to know there are a few of us. I have always thought it a very low calorie limit but perhaps that is wrong. My TDEE is very misleading. Anyone else worked out their maximum count on non fast days? Is anyone able to eat up to their TDEE with good weight loss results on 5:2 ?

Hi J,

You probably already know, but yes, although I don’t calorie count I’m pretty sure I eat TDEE on non-fast days. And some days I eat well over (my nut habit…)

I’m still in my 40s, not yet menopausal, I wasn’t very overweight, I’ve never been a dieter and never yoyoed.

I don’t eat much if any processed carb or sugar in the week. I eat a lot of nuts, cheese, olive oil, not so much red meat any more. And I do 16:8 (more like 15:9 in summer) every day, including fast days.

I do think I’ve been lucky, that 5:2 came along before I’d got too far into the overweight BMI, and I wasn’t too ‘broken’ to fix.

If I’m maintaining without fasting (as I have done for long periods) then no, I’m not eating to TDEE every day, some days have an element of calorie restriction.

If I fast I can lose at least 0.5kg and keep it off (provided I consolidate the next day with no carb and a relatively low cal daytime).

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Interesting to read AO that 19-5 or 18-6 was the stabilizer whilst recuperating I think this is one of the keys in IF as when everything else may go pear shape ie exercise or good fast days this fits into our daily lives so well.
    Nicky what an outstanding game for the showdown so much respect and commitment to the ball and for the Walsh family and oh yes the closest margin ever 3 points not forgetting we WON wohooo!!
    Emel how nice to see you back on the bike so to speak put the steps in place get a plan and a strategy to eliminate the doubt and remove the confusion in the day to day fast world.
    Amazon thanks so much Mrs RT is the original mother hen who goes broody very quickly πŸ˜† and she is very happy. This time around is very different and it will most definitely be the tortoise and the hare story unlike well to me at least the courting in these times of meet someone Friday night bed them Saturday night (if they can wait) move in together Sunday on the skids by Wednesday and move out Friday morning and repeat πŸ™„
    Sarah our son has shown great strength and character to put his faith into the life journey so whatever needs to be done from us for him will be done as i am sure you have but appreciate your kind words.
    Jojo sometimes I think for our kids we try too hard and want things for them to be easier happier better than our own journeys perhaps but it will all go into the story book of life the MIL has been on the farm alone for 15 plus years and a kind gentlemen a widower from the croquet club would love to be more than her playing partner but she is adamant and vehemently suggests she want be having any of that nonsense πŸ˜† each to their own
    Herm I got my first tattoo at 38 exhilarating stuff after the burn and pain wears off πŸ˜‰ granted it is not quite like jumping out of an aeroplane to sky dive or bungy jumping off a bride into a river but face the fear and enjoy the power of positive thought.
    Nama I think we bumped the pies out the 8 with yesterday’s win and the big full forward Travis subbed out that’s not ideal hope its only short term for you guys.
    Purple I concur on how little food I need to be in the right weight zone I could graze on greasy yummy crap all day and drink beer and chips in between on a daily bases and now perhaps only on a handful of days in a month. Dry July has not been an issue for me but will enjoy a stubby or three come August one for sure πŸ˜‰
    Ok lets get our fast on people
    β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Great win RT! Happy for you. Thanks for commiserations, one has to strong to be a Pies supporter! Not sure about bungy jumping off a bride though……!

Iona put the weekend behind you, thats why most of us fast on a Monday! The main thing is to get back on the horse (or the bike or whatever!).

Jojo I have tried to discipline myself to count calories but it feels too much like the thousands of previous failed diets when I do. And when I do, if I overindulge I beat myself up too much and end up eating even more! This works for me by fasting strictly then relaxing on non fast days and just trying to be ‘sensible’ And by going with the flow if social events pop up, then being strict with myself if I happen to overdo it. I also aim for 18/6 most days, especially if a special dinner is on that evening. Seems to be working so far. I guess I am just too lazy! I have tried using MyFitnessPal a few times, but find it really tedious.
    As we all often say, whatever works or is doable for each of us!!

I had a lovely afternoon yesterday at a dear niece’s baby shower – hadn’t been to one for 25 yrs, they must be back in fashion! Her in laws are Italian and the best cooks, the food was fabulous! The scales are frowning this morning but I hope they will be smiling tomorrow after a good fast today. The compliments I got yesterday will spur me on….

Gosh Nama. I don’t count calories. I did when I was losing, to get my head around different foods. Still Google some just for fun. I ate a bought kebab the other day and looked it up out of curiosity (and to win an argument πŸ™‚ )
    It doesn’t hurt to have calorie awareness, but it would be crazy for the rest of your life. Food is for enjoyment πŸ™‚
    No Monday fast this week, just skip breakfast and lunch, as we are away and having a morning tea guest. I’ve made Welsh cakes (thanks Happy) as we are all lightweights. πŸ˜† Happy days! P

Viewing 50 posts - 10,801 through 10,850 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.