Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 7,277 total)

• Are you suggesting we’ve stolen your paintings P?!

Amazon, I love living in the sticks, a bumpkin at heart! But I do miss out on culture 😞

Jo, so pleased to hear Charlie’s on the mend. You really didn’t need that worry half way round the world!

Talking of culture, we were planning our trip to Hull today and are going to book it next week. First holiday of the year πŸ˜‰

Morning All,
    Just got back from the supermarket with 4 bags of food/wine/birthday cake shopping. Returned via Te Papa Museum where I collected OH’s present(Gallipoli canvas bag he wanted). Forgot how ghastly carrying bags of shopping is, 15 minute walk felt like an hour. Shoulders and elbows burning like hell. That’s my workout for the day, never again.
    Last day here but I am ready to go home, shame that Purple has let me down on the bag carrying front especially after today. Fair weather friends, unreliable(Ha Ha)
    Off to my favourite place, Oriental Bay, where my Art Deco Apartment lives(I would so like to own one of these) but pigs will fly first. Dream on! Treating myself to a latte today, what the hell! No eating until tonight though.
    Last nights dinner left me feeling a bit ill ( suspect it was the batter around the Octopus)so I am not over doing it tonight.
    Not expecting the scales to do anything good for a few days with the journey back but being mindful.
    I will use the time to edit and delete millions of photographs. Hopefully next year I won’t need to cut my legs off because they look so fat! We won’t even mention other bits.
    Fast day tomorrow enjoying today because it’s a celebration. OH is determined not to be called an Old Age Pensioner but doesn’t mind being called an Old Fart. Weirdo!

Happy,
    Too right, worry normally drives me to drink or munchies but I am really desperate to get home now. Goodbye Windy Welly until 2018/19 depending on how good I am at saving.

Amazon- how long is the Australian Art Exhibit on, I will be in London on March 11 th and 12 th. I may have seen many of the pieces last year in Australia as I am certain I visited every gallery I found.

Morning/evening all,

It’s cold this morning πŸ˜•

Jo the exhibition is on until 25th March but you’ll need to book in advance.

Two FDs done and dusted so far this week but the scales are yet to reward me for my efforts.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,
    Thanks for the tip, I will book a ticket for my son and myself.

Those damn scales, it’s really irritating, I am still waiting for a pound to vanish. Mind you that might not happen after this evening feedup.

Barata and hubby joined us at Chez Jojo’s for a roast, it was a great time and the food was edible. Missed having our own music to play though.

Home sweet home tomorrow, well Friday by the time I get there.

Fasting for the next two days whilst travelling, water only

Bye for now

My OH has just realised he is entitled to an extra 13 hours of birthday as it will still be the 8 th in the UK. This might me a very late night.

And a looooonngggg fast ??? 😊

Good morning,
    Safe travels back home Jo. I am glad to hear you could speak with someone and check on your doggy.
    I love to travel but the feeling of coming back to my routine: bed, food, house, doggy is priceless.
    In Brazil you can’t see a meal without rice and beans. It’s a staple there. I mean it. Everyday those tow are side by side. The most popular types are back towards the south and brown for the rest of the country. We don’t eat sweet beans like here in the US for BBQ. There are some many other types too but those two are the winners.
    Some people say that soaking the beans helps to release phytic acid which is better for some people. I am not sure if that story is true.
    Today I am Fasting! I normally like doing it Mondays and Thursdays! I better focus on not being distracted here because I ganed some pounds 😱
    Happy i never saw anybody making any sort of tortilha. I don’t like them much. It feels like they are dry and doughy. Yours sounds interesting.
    Have a good day folks 🀠

Morning all,
    Just waiting for the taxi and doing a last minute check of drawers and cupboards. We have already lost a phone charger and book so we need to be a bit more diligent.

Dreading the flight back, so much time wasted. Oooppps Positive thinking, so much relaxation time to enjoy.

What have I missed
    My son
    My dogs and especially walking them
    My friends at home
    Bowls
    Dance class
    Swimming
    English πŸ“Ί
    English β˜•οΈ
    Rock Choir
    Bridge and Games Sessions

Was it worth the trip
    You Bet!
    Spending time with my daughter, kiwi friends and seeing this beautiful country.
    Last but not least- Losing weight whilst on holiday- Hoorah

Hi Fast Trackers And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Hi Jojo a massive congratulations on achieving weight loss whilst on holidays I would not expect that we need some bounce room so well done you!! My goal was 70kg getting there is one thing staying there is quite another so I usually run at around 73-74kg quite comfortably and with no stress at all which is well within the normal BMI range. I have shrunk 2cm since starting my fast life so what I am trying to achieve is a waist to height ratio of 50% now with the risk of being wrong and or forgetting someone as I think I can recall here in Australia Purple and Bay are under or at the 50%. In the NH I reckon Happy is on point apologises to those I have not mentioned but I am confident you will give me the right information if I have got it all wrong πŸ˜‰ but I am not.!! So the weight is not a drama but burning off the extra subcutaneous and visceral fat is to get down to this important health marker and the zero carb experiment is achieving this outcome for me.
    Good Information here.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2746694/Forget-fancy-gadgets-health-apps-For-long-life-waistline-half-height.html
    http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/calculators/waist-height-ratio/
    http://www.collectivewizdom.com/NormalWaistSize.html
    Peace RT

Proudly under 50% RT, even though I’d prefer a smaller waist, it’s within healthy. ☺☺

Hi RT, yep! Happily under 50%, and hopefully with enough room to accommodate the menopause….!

How is week 2 as a carnivore going?

And how is Mrs RT doing? Still with us I hope.

Jo, I hope you have a good journey home. You’ve done fantastically well, fasting and food wise this trip. What a difference a year makes! Next stop, goal!

Hi All , can i please join onto this group would like all the help and support i can get. would like to loose 4 stone by 2018. x would also appreciate any of your success stories. and any tips !!!. Going to start properly tomorrow. weighing in at 14st 12 . would like to see the 10s again.

Hi Clairebare and welcome you have made a positive start by joining in the conversation here.
    My top3 things to do.
    1. Certainly buy the fast diet book and read it front to back asap
    2. Watch the doco Eat Fast & Live Longer here
    http://www.disclose.tv/action/viewvideo/110651/BBC_Horizon_2012_Eat_Fast_and_Live_Longer/
    3. Read all you can here.
    http://thefastdiet.co.uk/michael-answers-frequently-asked-questions/
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/tdee-for-the-curious-or-why-dont-i-lose-weight-faster/

Peace RT

Bon voyage, Jo. The meal was certainly more than just edible! It was lovely to have been able to enjoy your company while you were here, and we were privileged to share OH’s special day. I hope all is well with house and hounds when you touch down. πŸ™‚

Hi, Clairebear, and welcome. Read RT’s suggested material. It was the documentary that first started me on this path, and such a wonderful path it is. Ask if you need to, there are lots of experienced fasters in the group who are only too happy to share and encourage.

I made the water kefir at the weekend, drained it on Tuesday and have been supping gently since. It has a mild, slightly sweet flavour, but no sign of fermentation or bubbles. Next time I will try the second ferment, with fruit or spices, but both OH and I are perfectly happy with the result. Just hope it is helping our guts!

Morning/evening all,

Another cold one here and the forecast has mentioned the word snow 😱

I’ve had to force myself out of bed as I just wanted to stay in the warm but I need to get moving,

Have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon, I took the break in our weather yesterday as a chance to prepare blackbeans. Soaked for 6 hours, then boiled for nearly 3 hours with onion, garlic, cloves and rosemary. I’ve shared them into small bags and froze them flat, ready for use any time….it’s a fast day today 😊
    Watch this space. P

Break in the weather P? 43 yesterday 42 today and a low of 39 tomorrow so brace yourself your break will be short lived.
    RT

We had 35 C today, 41 Friday, 40 Saturday, and 37 on Sunday. Crazy. β˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Good Morning,
    Welcome Clairebear to Jojo’s – you are at a very nice spot here. There are many successful stories that are very motivational. My advice is mainly focus on the 5 more than the 2.
    My Fast went well yesterday. I am not trying lose momentum so the next fast is scheduled for tomorrow.
    Downunders – Just reading the posts I feel uncomfortable. Another month you’ll should be closer to fall. Stay cool πŸ’¦πŸ’¦πŸŒŠπŸŒŠπŸŒŠ
    Barata what are you feeding your kefir with? My first batch of kombucha wasn’t that fizzy either. I am no longer doing it. I was going crazy with to many “bacteria sitting”. They become your babies.
    Enjoy your day folks 🌺

Hi All thank you for the support, I’m fasting today. Is brown rice good for a fast day. I have watched the east fast and live longer documentary i always start this diet and never get past 2 weeks but i am determined to do it this time as i feal this is the only diet that will let me have my freedom on weekends e.g. bottle of wine haha.

My kefir grains have arrived! 😎
    I’ll be playing with them later.

One of the arms of my glasses broke off three weeks ago and it took a week to get a part and have them fixed. The other one broke today when I was in the coffee shop so I went into the local branch of the Opticians that happened to be just across the road and not only did they have a part in stock but they fixed them straight away πŸ˜ƒ

It was such a struggle to get myself out of bed and to the gym this morning but when I got there I had such a great workout and came out feeling exhilarated πŸ™‚

Hi Claire,

In theory you can eat any food you want so long as you stay under quarter TDEE.

In practice a lot of us tend to avoid carbohydrates (bread, pasta, rice, spuds) on fast days, even the supposedly healthier versions.

You’ll need to play around and find what works for you…But on the subject of brown rice, eek!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/2F1MDzyW55pg97Tdpp7gqLN/should-i-be-concerned-about-arsenic-in-my-rice

I know it does taste dry lol.

Well I like brown rice, but I’d rather not have the arsenic marinade…

I saw that on Trust me I’m a doctor last night and I’ll be soaking mine in future.

All those mothers giving their little ones baby rice and rice cakes will be horrified.

I was excited at the prospect of making kefir then realised I don’t have any whole milk so it’ll have to wait until tomorrow as I’m not going out in the cold biting wind again today.

Happy, I bought AJ’s other book yesterday πŸ€“

Happy yfee is doing well thanks she has developed her own health markers and in the main they are her clothes and the β€œI will get back into that one day” wardrobe cupboard and drawer become her scales and tape measure and I think her being able to shimmy into a pair of jeans or denim shorts that have been fighting off the silverfish for years πŸ˜† is the driver. Now at the risk of sounding just a tad smug the 2nd week has been an even better experience if that’s possible I don’t know but I really enjoy the zero carb meat option as its simple and easy but I will agree with you that we should try to use the β€œnose to tail” consumption of the animal and not just the prime cuts. And embrace the β€˜nothing is wasted, and everything is celebrated’
    http://www.organicfoods.com.au/what-is-nose-to-tail/
    Plus the dollar value per kilo represents excellent value IMO. Yfee prefers salad and veg and claims she can live on it I will challenge her one day πŸ˜‰ I very much enjoyed Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall tv show and nothing but veg just that whole concept of simplicity resonates with me and the spin off like ie 3 good things great idea’s simple food cooked well..Like you my retirement is still years away so my mind files are always very active 😯
    Have great weekend all you Efficent Fat Burners
    Peace RT

Amazon,

I must admit I’ve not made much from ‘how to cook’ yet. It’s been sitting under the sofa since last weekend, when I had a plan of going through it and bookmarking recipes, but I think I got distracted. Definitely this weekend!

Hello,
    “I will get back into that some day”.
    Does it sound familar tΓ΄ you as well LOL.
    πŸ‘€ – Looks like Mrs RT is on a mission. You go girl πŸ‘
    See you tomorrow 🌺

Yep…go yfee!!! RT’ll love those shorts πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    Just used the blackbeans for lunch…post fast, I skipped breakfast. ..funny how I’m never hungry after a fast 😊
    Cooked leek, mushrooms, blackbeans (straight from my freezer), salami, fresh microwaved sweet corn, coriander and placed on a chickpea wrap with lettuce, grated carrot, cheese and a squeeze of lime. Not veggie, but SO good!! 😊 P

Haha P YES she is getting plenty of encouragement from me for sure πŸ˜‰
    That wrap is gourmet how decedent is that well done.
    I do hope you where able to get the BMW X6 into the drive way of the Point Piper home those jolly sink holes are a nuisance hey πŸ˜†
    Stay cool
    RT

Hi all,
    Finally half a day to myself!
    Purple that wrap sounds delish but a lot of work! I have only had black beans in a sauce with Chinese food – what do they taste like? I do love beans.

We had dinner in a friends back yard last night RT – she has her very own ‘sink hole’ dug by her aging labrador, his efforts to keep cool. As soon as she fills it in, Dawson digs it up again.

Thank goodness the cool change got to Melb last night, a mere 30 degrees today. Feeling for the rest of you, just too hot! Wish I had your pool Purple! The only thing all this sunshine is good for is solar power and great drying for the bedlinen.

I did watch and enjoy the womens AFL RT, great development I think. Very entertaining. Not sure if I would want my grandaughter playing though, just as rough as the boys!

Fasting today after a few days of splurging, but woke with a thumping headache. Water and coffee didnt help, so just enjoyed a late ‘lunch’ of two savoy crackers with a generous dob of peanut butter, heavenly for me! In the bad old days, that would have been part of a brief pit stop. I loved every morsel and am now ready to start vaccuuming….

Second last trailer load from Jamieson this weekend, how can two people have so much junk? Detouring to the local tip as well! Hopefully the heat will be gone by Sunday, too much like bushfire weather for me.

Have a great weekend all!

42 here now…but not as humid as last week. As you say, Nama, real bushfire weather.
    No sink holes here,RT, but I guess, with water access, our PM should be ok. He could always use a chopper! (For those o/s … a huge sinkhole developed in the street near where our PM has his famous “harbourside mansion”)
    Mr P says the black beans taste “black and uninteresting”, but I never expected him to be a fan! They are just another food to add to our repertoire. P 😊

Morning/evening all,

Nama, there are two types of black beans, turtle beans which are used in South American cooking and black soy beans which is what the Chinese use, usually fermented to give them their flavour.

Cold, wet and windy this morning. The forecast said heavy frost and snow showers…………..

Beans don’t have a lot of flavour, it’s more about the texture and what is added to them. Having said that, I don’t like kidney beans very much although that might be to do with being very ill once after eating them and I suspect they weren’t soaked and cooked properly.

So it’s the weekend, we are wet and cold and the SH is hot, hot, hot.
    where’s that suitcase…..

I have a morning of chores ahead of me and then off to the cinema to see Lion this afternoon.

Happy, I am going to spend some time at the weekend going through my recipe books in order to start thinking about the veggie storm that begins here on 1st March πŸ˜‰

Have a good weekend everyone and welcome home Jo 😜

RT,

Mrs RT “being able to shimmy into a pair of jeans or denim shorts…” Something for you both to look forward to πŸ˜€

P,

That wrap sounds really good. Black beans are allegedly a very healthy choice, high in protein and fibre, and with plenty of vitamins and minerals too. I use them in pork belly stews and chilli’s too (I’m not a big fan of kidney beans either).

We had them with our duck salad tonight Happy. “Someone” WILL eat them. πŸ˜‘
    Our famous southerly buster hit half an hour ago. The temp dropped in minutes from 38 to 26!! Woohoo! But now the mossies are having a field day
    Ah weather! Wonderful!

Morning to you and Goodnight from me I am cream crackered. The journey back went smoothly, timetable wise but health wise and noise wise it was not great. So no sleep on journey and no fasting because I have been shivery and cold since the first plane trip. Also have a temperature and shoulder blade pain which I suspect may be the start of Plurisy.

Dogs are well happy thanks all, hopefully be in touch tomorrow.

RT, PVE, HCB and Nama- so jealous of your heat

Happy and Amazon- could be worse weather here, shouldn’t complain.

Clairebear12-Welcome and good luck- record everything for the first

Happy and Amazon-

Clairebear12, sorry I didn’t finish my message, should read, record everything you eat using fitness pal calorie recording application for the first 4 weeks, it will give you a baseline. Taking measurements is useful too. Good Luck

Just did the dog walk before retiring to my bed. I take it all back it is absolutely freezing, cold enough for snow. Shivering through my fur coat and woolly hat and gloves made no effort to keep the cold out. Stopped to chat to a regular dog walker I know, he thought his car recorded +2 but it felt like -2.

At least I will be fasting until tomorrow because I am not getting out of bed. My OH has promised to take over dog care for the rest of today.

Claire,

Welcome back to 5:2. It isn’t a quick fix and can take a while to see decent results so you need to stick with it. Jo’s idea of recording everything you eat and drink for the first few weeks is a great tip because it makes you think about every mouthful.
    Measuring is also good because sometimes the tape shows lost inches when the scales haven’t moved.

Good luck πŸ™‚

I’ve started my kefir and it is getting used to the conditions in my kitchen πŸ™‚

Jo, it is 2Β°C here but feels much colder due to the wind chill. If I hadn’t already bought tickets I would be cancelling the cinema this afternoon as it is never very warm in there. I’m going to wear a thermal vest under my top and tights under my trousers πŸ˜‰

Amazon, I’ve been perusing How to Eat this evening (I do my weekly shop on a Saturday, with one top up for perishables in the week). And I’ve realised why I might have put it down previously – there seems to be more sweet potato/ squash recipes, fine for me but definitely off the menu for OH! Nevertheless, I’m planning pepper and manchego quesadilla, and Turkish flatbread with spoon salad (possibly with side order of flesh for OH!)

Jo, sorry to hear you’re feeling ropey. Hopefully it’s just a bug from the plane and a sore shoulder from long hours travelling and not pleurisy! Although… I do know a couple of people just getting over pneumonia!

Evening all,
    Just had 9 hours sleep so feeling much improved. Still have a slight temperature and shoulder blade pain but I will see how it goes. Happy as you say I have done my fair share of lugging cases lately. It may well be that food shopping I did on Wednesday, bags were really heavy and it was quite a walk from Supermarket via the museum to the hotel. Spoiled princess that I am! I have suffered with Pleurisy many times over the years, I seem to have a weakness for it, especially after long trips, or immobility periods, strange that?

I regret not ‘fasting’ on the trip home, poor food choices made. I have finally stopped shivering now, my heating was on high when I got home, bless my friend. I am even wearing pyjamas to bed which is a ‘no no’ for me usually, they just don’t work with bed covers, I seem to get tied in knots, I must thrash about. Back to more glamorous options tomorrow night.

It’s great to be home in my own bed, so quiet here after city living, no sirens, no crashing, no revellers- bliss. My friend has cleaned the place from top to bottom so it’s great to relax.

Now to see if I can get booked in for dance class tomorrow and then face the scales at Slimming club. Wish me luck!

Jo, there’s nothing like going away to make you appreciate home is there?

I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your lungs! I guess at least if you do need antibiotics you’ll have the kefir to start repopulating your gut πŸ˜€

Happy,
    That’s true, when I have made it that is! Probably this morning. Hopefully antibiotics can be avoided as my temperature has gone now and pain less troublesome. I am going to dance class then slimming club this morning and need to get out in the icy conditions to walk the dogs. Not sure if it’s heavy frost or we had snow but rooves are certainly white today. How is the weather up your way?
    Probably get the washing through this afternoon but I won’t be hanging it outside.

Wee
    Are you off on your cruise soon?

Barata
    Are you out in your bikini today? Leopardskin of course!

Amazon
    Don’t you find it harder to fast when it’s cold, I really do. I just crave soup with garlic bread or hot pasties. Need to focus today, fasting is going to be tough.
    Are you still going down or maintaining?

Purple- you and Michael have really spread the word on Kefir, hopefully you have shares in sales of products. I even dream’t about the stuff last night, crazy.

I have just read a deeply moving book about a girl with an eating disorder ‘Wintergirls’ by Laurie Halse Anderson. It was interesting to read ‘the other side of the story’ where food is the enemy rather than comfort. Sadly I saw a lot of comparisons too, preoccupation with scale weight and calories consumed. Although I don’t count the calories anymore I am usually thinking about the value of anything I eat. I wonder if I could continue to lose without weighing, it might have to be my next challenge.

I was thinking about my perfect meal. Has it changed in the last 5 years?
    Yes it has!
    Starter- Salt and pepper squid
    Main- really good Goan fish curry with cauliflower rice
    Favourite drink remains the same- gin and low calorie tonic with cucumber and ice.

Before I changed my diet it would have been a lamb roast dinner and apple pie with custard. (My husbands favourite too, I cooked it for his birthday last week)

The best change I have made is to stop buying processed foods especially ‘ready meals’

Good Morning,
    I’ve awake since 3:50 and now one hour later still can’t sleep. It has something to do with the full moon.
    I did great with FD yesterday. I haven’t gone to weigh myself yet. My head is calling for a cup of coffee β˜•οΈ
    Jo Good news you are feeling better and the best medicine is sometimes gooood sleep. In no time you’ll be back to your busy schedule.
    Happy I am pretty sure we are all thriving to be have a better relationship with food. Here I try to have the least food and highest nutrition and I say don’t cook light and yes cook right.
    Planned breakfast is 1/2 Hass avocado, 1 egg and a slice of multi grain toast w/ real butter.
    See you later 🌼

Morning/evening all,

It is trying to snow but a rather pathetic effort and it isn’t settling as it is melting as soon as it hits the ground. The wind chill is turned up to full though 🌨🌨🌨

Jo, I’m weighing nearly every day and can only say that my body is doing its damndest to hold on to every ounce which is very frustrating but I’ll keep going and I know it’ll start to drop again soon.

Happy, there is a lot of sweet potato and squash in AJs recipes and I know a few people who don’t like them due to their sweetness but they can easily be substituted with swede, celeriac, Jerusalem artichokes, parsnips, turnips or carrots. It might mean tweaking spices and herbs though.

I’m having duck this weekend which was originally bought for NY but did’t get eaten because there was too much other food on offer. I love roast potatoes etc with it but that is far too many calories so it’ll be a Chinese style spice mix on the duck with stir fried savoy and carrot with ginger and chilli.
    I’m making stock with the giblets and the wings but have no idea what I’ll do with it……….

We went to the cinema on a bitterly cold Friday afternoon and saw Lion. I am easily moved to tears and I got through a few tissues. It is a fabulous film based on a true story and the little boy who played the lead as a child was fabulous as was the gorgeous Dev Patel who played the adult 😍😍😍

Time to get moving,

have a good one everybody 😜

HCB, I’m watching the full moon on the other side of the world! 32 deg. 9:40pm. Sitting in wet swimmers outside with every door and window open to hopefully cool the house a bit before bed. We hit 42 during the day, so we are getting there. Good for not eating much though.
    Enjoy your ‘snow’ AmazonπŸ˜‰ P

I am not impressed with the snow, bit much after sunny Wellington. It may not settle in London but it is trying hard here.

Early night for me guys, jet lag beckons

February is usually the worst month weather wise and this cold spell is set to clear by Monday so if the snow does settle it’ll be gone almost as soon as it has done so.
    The winter weather in the South has been OK so far and it is nearly over πŸ™‚

Hiya everyone .
    Jojo I am so pleased your furry friend is OK and that you have had such a brilliant time .
    Life is all go here at the moment our eldest and his wife have been seeing to everything for the cruise . I am getting really excited now . We are leaving not long after my 75th :). They have been doing passport applications for us as ours ran out over 30 years ago . I am still maintaining but I want to loose a few pounds more as I want to be able to sample all the lovely things on board . I am not posting much as between the holiday and the wedding there is so much to be done :).
    I have never seen Jim so excited about anything and it is just so lovely . It has been trying to snow here for the last 2 days but not come to much .
    Things are good at the moment and it is such a lovely feeling with all the health worries now behind us . xxx

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.