June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 696 total)

• Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Favorite food? Probably anything with cheese… and that can run the gamut from melted cheddar over broccoli to pizza or cheese Danish. Likely sweet or savory doesn’t matter.

Onward and downward.

Day 23, UK, NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well. I almost gave up because I felt hungry, but I carried on and the hunger passed. Happy about that this morning 😀

@penz sweet food is definitely my preferred food, I never crave savoury foods, but I do crave sweets sometimes.

@dykask “Don’t Trick Fasters?
    Do Tickle Fasters?
    Dinner Time Fasting?
    Huh? ” ………. you made me laugh 😂

@dee22 you have my sympathies regarding work in a house, been through that few times and its so hard and frustrating and tiring. Hope its finished soon so you can relax in your home again 🤞

@annabelle48 I hope you feel better soon, hang in there 🤗

Have a gread day everyone 🌞

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

@flourbaby, @shinything, @penz – Thanks so much for the links to your favorite Leslie Sansone videos, and suggestions on how to approach her stuff. I did one yesterday and found it fun; I especially appreciated that I was able to do it just fine in the tiny space in my living room in front of the TV where I was ChromeCasting it.
    @dee22 serious bummer on the leak no one can find leading to a hole! I hope it all gets done quickly and with excellent skills!
    @annabelle48, sympathies for your gut problems! I hope they’re over even sooner than the 5 days you’re expecting
    @judyjudes Brussels Sprouts with chopped chestnuts??? COOL. My DS and I love to cook together, so I’ll have to try adding chestnuts one of these days.
    @northgeorgia I too am anxious for your dad, and will appreciate updates as you can give them; I loved the details of how clever your mom was!

@penz My favorite food? I love sweets, and am actually a really good baker, but seldom bake anything given my struggle to lose the pounds previous baking (and savory and simply overeating!!) gave me. Favorite sweet? Blackberry pie or cobbler made from blackberries picked in the Redwoods in northern California. Haven’t had one in over 30 years and still drool to think of it, LOL! Savory? Barbecue anything. A great bread. A beer of terrific flavors (liquid bread, you know). Yeah, I could go on. The problem is that I love to cook as much as I love to eat, so that’s where much of the problem comes from.

Okay, after a good FD yesterday, and a decent drop on the scale, today I need to eat mindfully. So wishing you all (AND ME) a laser focus on your (AND MY) goals with an abundance of determination!

Day 23 Canada FD

7th out of 9 FD’s this month for me, where has June gone? Sticking to my usual egg and a spoon of sauerkraut later afternoon and a small chicken salad for dinner, delicious and healthy!

@penz I love to cook and eat so I can’t pick one food. Pasta, sourdough bread, pizza are all on my love list. All home made so at least it isn’t junk:)

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @dee22
    @flourbaby
    @bellyblast

Day 23 UK NFD

Favourite food – that’s the problem I love ALL food ,the good thing about this hot weather is I’m concentrating on salads so that’s keeping me out of trouble and for dessert some nice fresh strawberries 🍓

Day 23- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Day 24, NFD, Aus

Loved all your stories about your favourite food. I still can’t decide what mine is but like a lot of you, chocolate and cheese are up there. You made me laugh, @judyjudes. It’s taken me a looooong time to like brussel sprouts; never had them with chestnuts but I can imagine how that would so work.

Short post from me today, sorry, bit busy at work.

Day 24 DTF list
    @penz
    @EmmaTaylor

Day 24, Emden Germany, FD

Day 24 pocket list
    @snowflake56

Day 24 DTF list
    @penz
    @emma-taylor

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 24 – Japan – NFD

Today I was able to do 3 more push-ups than what I did on my water fast day. It seems that hard exercise on a fasting day didn’t cause any harm. I expect that if I were fasting for multiple days it might not be as good as an idea.

Day 24 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Fabulous walk yesterday, parked up in Elterwater, a picturesque Lakeland village, no one around! Normally, even by 9am the car park has a number of cars and people getting ready to head off. We set off along the river Brathy downstream to Skelwith Force then Skelwith Bridge, back to Chapel Stile and then further upstream to Great Langdale. Out for 3 hours, saw a dozen people all morning, incredible to be so quiet at this time of year. Going to head off on a local walk today, get the muscles moving.

Going to be hot today and tomorrow, so BBQ afternoon and lazy garden time, spatchcock chicken on the BBQ this afternoon. That’ll do for today and tomorrow, think tomorrow is going to be hotter, so CD today and FD tomorrow, but will be drinking loads of water! Still couldn’t managed LFD’s, tried once but the ‘Warthog’ was kicking up a real fuss, maybe he needs more training?

Take care all

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Going to try for an FD today as opportunities for food are limited in the Dublin office and so I will sip coffee and water and see how it goes.

But oh my, the commute 😨 Took an hour to drive into work, but coming home, although I was let off at 4pm….it took TWO hours!!!! It took 20 minutes to do one kilometre on a certain road. 😱 Now it may have been that unexplained heavy traffic that often happens for no reason…but….THIS is why I have a local job that takes me 15 minutes tops to get to work.

I will drive in again today, but if the commute is just as bad I will investigate the Park and Ride options for next week. I spent many years driving in and out of the city and do not want to get back to that hassle again. 😳
    Luckily it’s only for training and not a long term option.

So I am afraid I Popped a cool beer as soon as I eventually got home 🍺

Wednesday already. I habitually hopped on the scales and nothing joyful to report but I am looking slimmer and can feel my waistline coming back. Only a few days left of June, let’s do this.

Has anyone volunteered for July? Come on, don’t be shy……👍

Day 23 NFD Ire.
    Hello, I’m out of bed that’s a good sign. Didn’t drown in the leak or choke on the dirt and dust! Found the leak so positive result. I managed to fast and when hunger got me out of bed I eat in the car 😂. Ah sure haven’t I little to be worrying about , as my mother would say.
    The pounds are coming off so that’s what I’m here for. Your support is brilliant and someone always makes me smile. Very witty bunch.
    Didn’t answer the questions. My favourite food is white soft bread with lashings of butter, and fav day is Lazy Sunda, I don’t feel guilty for doing nothing on Sunday.
    Well done everyone on your fasting efforts.
    Take care stay healthy

Day 24, London UK, NFD

Yesterday’s LFD went well, they’re getting (dare I say it?) easy to manage, although, to be honest, the FDs were NEVER the issue!!!!

Thank you @northgeorgia for sticking me on the Pocket list, it helped when I visited my mum and she offered me some cheesecake🍰 and in the same breath asked if I was fasting😟. I immediately thought “Pocket List!!!”, so I told her I was fasting, at which point she whisked the cheesecake away pretty sharpish!!! She’s very supportive of my WOL, my mum!!! 💕 💕 💕

@daffodil2010, WFH has cut 3hrs off of my daily commute, I need to weigh up whether being a bit isolated & able to exercise regularly is more beneficial than seeing friends/colleagues or going for coffee or lunch with them!! I think ‘human contact’ will win hands down!!! With the heatwave expected, the commute from hell not to mention the actual training, I fear your beer supply may be in danger!!! 😉 🍺🍺😂

This is my 2nd week this month where I’ve added some weight training🏋. By that I mean light hand weights and some slightly heavier dumbbells!!! I have to say, there’s definitely less jiggling, my bingo wings MUST be defeated 💪 and although squats & lunges should be outlawed 😟😳, I’m doing some serious shape-shifting, so it may look like a grimace of pain, but it’s really a smile of satisfaction …………. No really, it is!!!!

We’re on the finishing straight, so it’s time to put that extra bit of effort in to end this month STRONG!!! 💪 We’ve got this!!

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – I forgot to mention….cheese and onion pie! My Mum used to make the most amazing pies. A childhood favourite was cheese and onion pie with mashed potato and baked beans. I’ve never seen those pies anywhere outside of the UK; nowhere other than the north-west of England, come to think of it. Okay, as @betsylee said – ‘away from food and back to steely determination…’

@daffodil2010 – urghh?! Two hours just to get home?! You deserved that beer; I think I would have needed a few…🍻

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 24 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 – UK – CD

Hi Everyone

Not much loss showing on scales. On looking over stats I’ve had a small loss of .2lb in recent days; therefore total loss for June stands at 3.2lbs with nearly a week left to go. I’m carrying on doing my thing and refuse to get despondent about it. I’m exercising more than I’ve done in years (and suffering for it) and eating right and consistently. I’ve not had any alcohol in June (not really missed it as not a habitual drinking anyway). I’d really like to reach my mini goal of 4lbs loss for June (I know this journey isn’t just about the numbers but wanting to get waist and BMI reduced)

@penz Sprouts and chestnuts are delish. If I have some in small pieces of fried chopped bacon are good too (for anyone not vegetarian).

Take care everyone.

Day 24.OMAD London UK

@funshipfreddie – I know I said melon was my favourite food, but I forgot about cheese and onion pie ! We used to have square slabs of it for school dinners, in Yorkshire, and I loved it. Haven’t had that for years….

Happy hump day all….

Day 24 – UK – FD?
    Day 23 – NFD

I almost forgot that it was OH’s birthday yesterday…….so was not a FD as planned but Monday’s FD500 went well ending up below the 500cals and yesterday was just below TDEE so not bad. Today will be another FD I think???

I asked OH what he wanted to eat for his birthday dinner and his request was for an oven roasted vegetable/pasta bake (I chose red onions, mushroom, red peppers with a homemade marinara sauce with some fresh baby plum tomatoes and basil added – no cheese!!! His naughty request was a mixed berry Pavlova with a berry coulis for dessert – all homemade and served to the birthday boy – he was a happy chap!

Looking forward to an outdoor yoga class later this morning – 5 of us with our regular teacher in a friend’s garden – she has a large space so social distancing should be adhered to. Lots of suncream on before as it’s a hot sunny one out there today!

@metatauta – you are on the spreadsheet – welcome
    @annabelle48 – I hope you feel better soon – have you tried drinking some kefir daily for your gut health?
    @basyjames – 🤗 thinking of you – hoping that your “stressful family events” are easing and that you are finding a way of coping with all the emotions involved – you are absolutely right in taking one day at a time xx
    @shinything – hope you hear good news re the work front soon – such a stressful time 🤗
    @saffy420 – good to hear that your back pain is easing
    @betsylee – I should have said dark chocolate cherry ripe especially and yes agree that violet crumbles are nicer than crunches too 😋
    @i-hate-lettuce – That’s a lovely walk you did yesterday – I did that recently with my DD and her dog
    @flourbaby – Your posts always make me smile – thank you for your cheery input
    @penz – *what’s your favourite food? I love cooking, experimenting with new recipes, maybe I too have a slight bias to savoury but in all honesty I’m with the group that just love good food and wine……..

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @at

Day 24 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Right off to get the suncream slattered on before heading out for my outdoor Yoga class 🧘‍♀️

Does this quote also apply to 5:2??
    ”The very heart of yoga practice is ‘abyhasa’ steady effort in the direction you want to go.” ― Sally Kempton

Day 24…..Florida……FD

Sorry that I missed yesterday….. it happened to be one of those days, that I left early and arrived home too late. So, I came home and crashed.

I had a great couple days but. Now I really need to buckle down. Today will be a FD!
    I do have my meals planned for the rest of the week and the hubby prepared for my regular and light days!
    Thankful, that man is supportive and willing to follow me in to the depths of craziness without question…..

I’ll let you all know…. how it goes! Wish me luck!

Grow up…..the said become an adult it will be fun….. you can have ice cream for dinner………They LIED!

Day 24 USA (Illinois) FD

Going to join the pocket list today. Need a re-set:

Pocket List – Day 24 🥕
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @songbirdme

Day 24 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Onward and downward.

Day 24 – USA/GA – FD

Once again, it’s an unexpected FD. I was planning on tomorrow, but my parents are wanting to do theirs on Wednesdays, so while I’m working from home (and they live next door), I think it makes sense for me to do Wednesdays, too.

After yesterday’s NFD, I was happy to see myself few ounces down to maintain a two-day streak at 259 lbs. It’s funny — as I prepare to kiss the 260s good-bye, I’m thinking past July and already longing for August’s goal in the 240s.

I took a look at the CDC classifications of weight last night, based on BMI, and saw I was morbidly obese at the start of this year. I lost 10 lbs. between January and the start of 5:2 in early May, where I was tottering on the lower end of morbid obesity. As of today, I’ve lost 10 additional lbs. (in about a month and a half!) on 5:2 and am “just” obese. I need to lose approximately 56 more lbs. to be re-categorized as “overweight.” Maybe by this time next year!

Pocket List – Day 24
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @bert1802
    @songbirdme
    @northgeorgia

Day 24 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 24 Melb Aust FD750

After my TDEE day yesterday, surprisingly another 100 gms DOWN to 69.8, so after today’s FD, hoping for even better on the scales tomorrow morning. Yes, I’m one of those who weighs every day, it keeps me “honest”.

@at, yes, dark chocolate cherry ripes are indeed yum! They seem to have a little more chocolate than the milk chocolate ones, which chocoholic me approves of 🙂

@northgeorgia, you’re going great, and so what if it takes you till next year to be officially “overweight” instead of “obese”. You’re in this for the long haul, it’s a WOL, not a diet, and you are making choices now which will give you a healthier future, so well done you!

@funshipfreddie – cheese and onion pie? Never heard of it, but it sounds delish.

Pocket List – Day 24
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @at
    @bert1802
    @songbirdme
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee

Day 24 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 24- Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Day 24 UK CD/FD?

Another really full day, but all good things. Yesterday I indulged late evening so coming here tonight to make sure I don’t. It’s been an unplanned FD800 and I’d like to bank it.

@betsylee glad to see your post – you keep me honest! I seem to go up to 158lb and back to 154lb like a yoyo. Hoping that today’s strength of mind will encourage the weekly weigh day to be a bit closer to you

Looking forward to catching up with posts and friends tomorrow x

Day 24….Florida…..FD

Well, I made it, my first official FD in mighty long time….. I was hungry, no other side effects. I do however wish, I had the chills and was cold….. The heat index is like 120 today and I was in and out all day, being cold would have been nice!

Thank you to ever added me to the pocket list….. it was very helpful knowing you all had a hand on me so I could accidentally tumble off the wagon!

I can’t wait until the energy side of this kicks in because I’m feeling like I could lay down and take a nap!

Tomorrow, I will stay with in my TDEE…..

Grow up, they said…… become an adult, it will be fun…… you can have ice cream for dinner……… those filthy buggars LIED!

It is no fun…… and I can’t have ice cream for dinner!

Day 25, FD, Aus

WFH is great for avoiding the commute. Suddenly have so much more time in the day! I’m not surprised you cracked a beer when you finally got home @daffodil2010. Maybe @Ihatelettuce could send you a few bottles. How much longer is your training?

I bet you’re v relieved they found the leak @dee22.
    @judyjudes – you’re on track to meet your goal. Good for you!

All that mention of cheese and onion pie made me thing of egg and bacon pie. Mmmmmm. Not good FD thoughts!

@at – steady effort in the direction you want to go is definitely applicable to 5:2!

Today’s question: what’s easier for you, FD or NFD? (For me, defn FD!)

Day 25 pocket list:
    @penz

Day 25 DTF list:
    @penz
    @EmmaTaylor

Day 25, Emden Germany, FD800

@betsylee and @northgeorgia you’re both doing so well!

@penz sometimes both days go smoothly, on other days I struggle with both. If I don’t have a plan, it goes wrong.

Day 25 pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 25 DTF list:
    @penz
    @emma-taylor

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 25 Melb Aust TDEE

After yesterday’s FD, only 100 gms more down, but I’ll take any decrease. In that, my cholesterol has apparently gone UP, rather than down over the past few months, so looks like statins coming up for me, sigh!

@snowflake56, Thanks for the encouragement. It’s slow and painful at times, but at least the move is in the right direction – DOWN!

@michelinme, you’re such a star at this WOL, I know you can get down past that pesky 150 lbs. Have you had the antibody test yet for Covid-19? It will be really interesting to find our whether yeah or nay to you having had the virus. And any of the other tests?

@penz, difficult question. I’d say FDs are easier, for sure, unless I really plan the TDEE/ NFD days well, but I also find it very hard to stay under 500 cals on a FD unless it’s a LFD. As soon as I eat on a FD, it transforms into a FD800, or thereabouts.

Only 5 days to go everyone, let’s make a positive dent in this weight hanging on to us.

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Well, another long commute yesterday and added to drama in the parking garage where my spot was taken and I had to ring the facility manager who had to find me another space…and then the training…and a hot commute home which was 1 hour 45 minutes as I cracked and took the toll road home…….😨

I cant be doing this commute. Luckily it’s only two days a week for the next couple of weeks so I will do the Park and Ride option next week, wear my mask on the train, and enjoy the walk along the quays to the office.

It’s fun though to be back in the city centre at lunchtime. I walk around and I feel like I am my younger self again when I thought I was the bees knees working in town 😆

@flourbaby you had a 3 hour commute before WFH? I used to until a few years ago and once out of the commute habit it’s so very hard to accept that a good portion of the day is spent commuting

@penz right now I am finding FD’s hard….again….

But I will hang on on there. Sure what else would I be doing?

Day 25 – UK – FD

Hello Everyone

I was number crunching and cross referencing between my Apps that I log weight and meals to see if I can tweak anything (As I’m a bit geeky I love graphs and stuff). Within my ‘Weight Diary’ app there is a built in Calorie Calculator. Generally with these calculators they always give me too big an allowance. This one I find is realistic and confirms what I’ve learnt to be true (unfortunately). I need sub 1000 cals a day for weight loss of a 1lb a week. To be precise the app recommends 906 cals 😮, which I’ve multiplied by 7 = 6342 per week – 1600 (2 FDs) = 4742 divided by 5 = 948.

So even on 1000 cals a day I’ve been over eating my allowance on NFDs and that’s why I’ve not been losing. On reading Gary Taubes book Why We Get Fat he includes an example how eating just 20 cals over your daily needs can lead to substantial weight gain (over years).

In summary I will be tweaking my cals down. If I eat smart I feel it’s doable and I should be able to feel satiated.

@penz FD NFD Which is easier? To be honest there are 3 variables that affect both; 1) It all depends on how much sleep I’ve had. If I’ve had a good nights sleep my appetite is dialled down and after poor sleep it’s dialled up; 2) What I’ve eaten the day before can set me up to win/fail. Lower carb/higher protein keeps the appetite lower, higher carb/sugars raises it; 3) Weather. Hotter reduces appetite, colder turns it up. 1 & 2 hormone related. As I ate well yesterday, slept relatively well last night and a scorcher is forecast, today’s FD should be a breeze 😬

Take care everyone

Day 25 NFD Ire

Hello, I’m down another pound so am happy with that. I’m enjoying reading all your stories and funny comments. It’s a nice start to the day.
    @daffodil2010 hope the commute isn’t too bad. I have gotten out of the habit and would hate it. Glad it’s only temp.
    In work today bringing a lunch so better go and make it.
    Take care

Day 25 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Today is going to be very hot, just got back from walk, decided early was the best bet!
    Yesterdays walk was rather amusing, part of it was along a bridleway near the moss, it’s really lovely and cool as the trees are not very high and form a tunnel. There was one stretch about 400 metres long and is a 2 metre wide track which is limestone with a run of grass down the middle which was damp.
    There were loads of froglets, often see them, they’re only about a centimeter long, but the numbers! There must have been thousands all along the pathway for the entire length, we just walked slowly along the gravel and they quickly hopped out of harm’s way, but really quite funny.

@funshipfreddie – cheese and onion pies …. and todays a FD! Haven’t had one for years, absolutely delicious, especially topped with mashed potatoes!!!

Take care all

Day 25 pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 25 DTF list:
    @penz
    @emma-taylor

Day 25 UK FD

Forgot to post yesterday this heat has fried my brain I know I shouldn’t complain but I really could do with it being a few degrees cooler , anyway fasting today and staying in the shade

Day 25 pocket list:
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Day 25 DTF list:
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle

Day 25, London, UK, NFD,

I’m going slightly off piste from my June ADF plan (unplanned plan!😉) and having another NFD as I’m heading to the park/lake across the road to lounge in the sun🌞 & have a picnic with my BFF. There will be cider, there may be wine 🍷, there will definitely be potato salad, cheese & crackers and quite possibly a large soft-serve icecream!!! It’s gonna be a scorcher at 34 degrees, so SPF 50 at the ready and I’ll be taking a big golf umbrella to hide under!!!

Speaking of golf, I hope @ccco is doing ok, NY is having a hard time with this pandemic; my niece is a frontline nurse in the city. 🙏

@daffodil2010, I meant a total of 3hrs for my commute, 1 ½ hrs each way. It’s so frustrating as it’s only 17 miles, if I was anything like @jaifaim, I’m sure I could do it quicker on a bike!!! I bet you can’t wait for the training to be over, if only to avoid that commute!!

@penz, for me, my FDs are definitely easier to navigate than NFDs, I have a tendency to binge and NFDs prove a minefield unless I plan, plan, plan and portion & package my days’ meals. FDs have become much easier since I changed to LFDs since I was adding a few calories here & there and that fast 800 did a real number on my brain!!! @judyjudes, Gary Taubes clearly knows more than I did!!!

Onward & downwards people!!!!

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – For me FD’s are definitely easier to navigate; I think partly because of the limited choice when you just have a few hundred calories for the day. But NFDs are getting easier for me; planning ahead is half the battle.

Found this online, for anyone who’s interested; a recipe for cheese and onion pie. I don’t know if it’s the same one my mother used though.
    https://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/my-mothers-lancashire-cheese-and-onion-pie

The perfect quote for a fast day, I think..?

“That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” ~ Friedrich Nietzsche

Pocket List – Day 25 🍇
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 FD UK
    Hallo everyone

Well what can I say. Still have guts ache in spite of an unplanned LFD yesterday in the hope it would sort things out. BIG PLUS is have lost a whole pound. Glass half full.
    Am hoping that IF will eventually sort gut problems out as have read in Michael’s books that it has sorted out problems for people who were resigned to being ill or on heavy meds for life. We’ll see.
    I’m with you @flourbaby re bingo wings. If you find out how to get rid of them let me know.
    Thank you @at I have tried kefir and quite like it but it doesn’t seem help although I’m sure it is very good for you.
    Started this about an hour ago but phone went from someone also in lockdown so spent quite a long time talking to her.
    @daffodil, glad I’m too old to commute, don’t think I could cope with it now although when I was younger! I used to commute to London each day. Loved working there but that was then.
    Hoping to maintain yesterday’s loss today.

Keep strong. If you change nothing then nothing changes.

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Five days until the end of the month! Today begins the long period of NFDs until next Monday morning, so got to be careful to be sure I meet my goal weight. I think I will; today I weighed in at 257 lbs., which is 2 lbs. under my goal for June. Fingers crossed!

I made a fun little item on my personal spreadsheet at home: an “obesity meter” LOL! I took the CDC’s BMI info for obesity, correlated it to my weight and height, and it shows “how obese” I am. For fun, I put yesterday as my first day, at it read 83% obese. Today I am 80% obese. (Not actually a true measure, but at 101% is morbid obesity and -1% is overweight, etc.) Oct. 5, 2018, is when I last weighed in at 257. Next year, I’m hoping the “tank” will be near empty haha!

Still, the Christmas paper-chain garland with each pound written on a link remains the most fun thing I do. I basically look back a week in my spreadsheet and add two pounds. If I don’t see that weight in the past two weeks, I dramatically RIP that link off and dispose of it.

@flourbaby My pleasure! I hope you can enjoy that cheesecake soon!

@stitchincarol My parents finished their second FD (and the last of the week) yesterday. My dad claimed it was tougher than it looked, but my mom is still sneaking him a little extra sweet tea, fruit, and baked potatoes LOL

@betsylee Thanks! Yes, it is a WOL and I’m in it for the long haul. I’m very surprised and pleased at my results so far.

Good luck, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48

Day 25 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Five days until the end of the month! Today begins the long period of NFDs until next Monday morning, so got to be careful to be sure I meet my goal weight. I think I will; today I weighed in at 257 lbs., which is 2 lbs. under my goal for June. Fingers crossed!

I made a fun little item on my personal spreadsheet at home: an “obesity meter” LOL! I took the CDC’s BMI info for obesity, correlated it to my weight and height, and it shows “how obese” I am. For fun, I put yesterday as my first day, and it read 83% obese. Today I am 80% obese. (Not actually a true measure, but at 101% is morbid obesity and -1% is overweight, etc.) Oct. 5, 2018, is when I last weighed in at 257. Next year, I’m hoping the “tank” will be near empty haha!

Still, the Christmas paper-chain garland with each pound written on a link remains the most fun thing I do. I basically look back a week in my spreadsheet and add two pounds to my highest weight. If I see a link with a weight over that amount in the past week, I dramatically RIP that link off and dispose of it.

@flourbaby My pleasure! I hope you can enjoy that cheesecake soon!

@stitchincarol My parents finished their second FD (and the last of the week) yesterday. My dad claimed it was tougher than it looked, but my mom is still sneaking him a little extra sweet tea, fruit, and baked potatoes LOL

@betsylee Thanks! Yes, it is a WOL and I’m in it for the long haul. I’m very surprised and pleased at my results so far.

Good luck, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48

Day 25 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 Canton OH LFD

@northgeorgia the christmas paper chain garland is such a fun idea! your parents are cute 😊

Sorry I did not post yesterday, was overtaken by events and was not in a good place emotionally. Its crazy how debilitating emotional stress can be.

@funshipfreddie you are right, what does not kill us makes us stronger

Have a good day everyone,
    Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @basyjames

Day 25 Canada FD

I haven’t been able to comment as often as I would like but being back on the forum has been a huge help, I have lost 1kg this month and am feeling a better “shape” is developing.

Your question of the day is timely @penz! I can generally do well on the FD’s. I have a good idea now of what sort of day helps make it easier and often don’t feel hungry at all. NFD’s though are another story altogether, the afternoons are my downfall. Some weird and evil switch gets tripped and I start snacking and snacking, now I have ID’d that hiccup I am going to work on it!!!
    @flourbaby your day sounds perfect- enjoy the sunshine!
    @daffodil2010 that commute sounds brutal
    @bert1802 glad you got your FD in
    @basyjames hope today is an easier one for you
    @northgeorgia your paper chain is a great idea, sounds like you have inspired your parents to join you on this WOL
    @annabelle48 DR Megan Rossi has a great book called Eat Yourself Healthy with lots of great gut advice, she is also on insta as thegutheathdoctor

Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

GAH! Again, my post disappeared. I clicked “submit”…and nothing. And it was gone. I need to get to my Thursday morning job, so I can’t recreate it, but know I had lots of comments for everyone, and sympathy/empathy where appropriate.

@penz FDs, hands down.

Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol

Day 25 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Second post

@stitchincarol Your posts are disappearing and mine are duplicating! Oh no, its a Tech Trouble Thursday!

@bellyblast @basyjames Yep, glad my folks are joining in at a more cautious level, and I love ripping those paper links off!

Day 25, UK NFD

Where has June gone? Only 5 more days to go. Just checking in. Today is a NFD, will keep under TDEE – it’s much easier in this hot weather – salads are the way to go at the moment.
    @flourbaby, hope you had a lovely lunch. We went shopping earlier and I bought some Greek yoghurt ice cream lollies -83 calories each and so tasty. One went down a treat after lunch.

Happy Thursday everyone.

Day 25, UK, FD

I feel so hot! Its been a very hot day here, hardly any wind, which makes the air just sit there 😓 . The heat woke me up really early today, so its been a very long day, which is not ideal when you are fasting 😬 . But so far so good.

@penz I find NFDs harder, in a way that I find it harder to control how much I eat. I seem to do better on my FD when I have a plan 🙂

Who is hosting July? I can’t believe July is around the corner already! 😮

Stay strong everyone 💪

Pocket List – Day 25
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie
    @annabelle48
    @basyjames
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol
    @shinything

Day 25 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25…..Florida…..NFD

I’m not sure if this is a late post or an early evening post……
    Anywho…… I was on the road for work today…… I did pretty well until the donut guy brought fresh donuts into the corner store I went into……. We are just coming out of lock down and many restaurants still have strict measure about dining in and seeing I drive a work truck that I can eat in….. being on the road was tough….. but even with tonight’s dinner I should be with in my TDEE.

A work in progress….. tomorrow should be better……

I hope all are well with everyone

Grow up……. they said become an adult…. it will be fun….. you can have ice cream for dinner……….. they LIED!

Day 25 – SECOND POST

First, is it possible that if I post from a browser page that isn’t refreshed, my post is getting swallowed up because of that? Do I need to refresh first? So strange!

Second, for those of you who do LFDs, what is your liquid? Is it only water? I remember someone said something about a bullion cube? What about a can of chicken broth heated up as if it’s tea? Are there advantages to liquid fast days that center on the fact that it’s liquid, aside from the minimal calories?

I’m asking because DH and I are toying with doing a LFD today. Supper isn’t for another two or three hours, so we’re considering if we can do it, and wondering what the various options are as other people do it.

Thanks!

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Very good FD yesterday at about 425 calories. The baked salmon stuffed with spinach (flavored with pesto & parm cheese) was a delicious dinner. Even my DH who seldom does a FD with me was happy with the supper.

FD’s are always the easiest to manage, and often NFD’s get to be “I deserve this” days. But so far, even if I DO deserve it, I’m keeping at maintenance.

Onward and downward.

BTW the term “bingo wings” was new to me! I am certain they come with age for women. Is it British? Maybe there is another term in America, but I don’t know it.

Day 26, NFD, non-Dtf day!, Aus

I think I jinxed myself with my own questions. Usually I find FDs easier than non-FDs and I find my Monday FD much easier than my Thursday FD. Yesterday I struggled!! I leaned mentally hard on my pocket list and got through it, but it was not an easy day. So, no more questions from me today!!

I found your answer interesting, @judyjudes. I’ve never noticed, let alone recorded, all those variables you’ve mentioned that can affect whether a day is good or not. Perhaps I should adopt of app/graph geekiness until I learn myself better!

I’m not in the office today. My “commute” involved rolling from bed to desk, via kitchen for coffee and feeding the dogs. Thinking of you @daffodil2010. Hope the park and ride option works for you next week.

Heavy fog here this morning. I’ll swap you a few degrees @brightonbelle! (And @Ihatelettuce, @shinything)

I can just see you RIPPPING those pounds away on your Christmas paper-chain garland, @northgeorgia. It sounds like the best combination of physical and mental satisfaction. I feel we should be adding your parents to the pocket list! Are they going to join the forum?

@stitchincarol! You should know better! There are no “rules” for a LFD!! 🙂 Some people just limit their liquid to water. Others (like me) include coffee in their liquid count. I sometimes also have hot water with a stockcube / bullion. I think some may also include soup as a liquid. I do it this way because it works for me. If I eat, I then find it very hard to limit how much I eat to keep under 500 calories. For some reason, drinking sates me and I feel I don’t need food.

@SongBidMe – sometimes in Oz they’re called TuckShopArms (as in the older women who would volunteer at a school’s canteen). Do schools even still have tuck shops?!
    Anyone interested in hosting July?

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 25 – THIRD POST

LOL, @penz, no indeed, I know there are no rules! I guess I’m wondering what the point is of a LFD–is it simply to be more dramatic with calories, in conjunction with If-I-don’t-start-I-can’t-overeat?

So, rephrased question: for those of you who do LFD, why? and how? Any details would be wonderful.

It’s getting hot today (88F/31C) and so far, I’m fine to continue drinking water. If I suddenly lose it, I have some back up food in place and I’ll still be fine. Fingers crossed!! 🙂

Day 25 OMAD London

@stitchincarol – I used to make my own bone broth from the carcass of a decent chicken, adding herbs and veg and a bit of vinegar. Simmer for as long as you can stand it – several hours, then freeze for FDs in batches. Then I’d defrost one, add a tiny bit of double cream to make it a bit more appetising, and some frozen peas. Not really a LFD but it was very filling. You could leave out the peas…. I’m a very reluctant cook but I liked making bone broth.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.