June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 46 posts - 651 through 696 (of 696 total)

• Day 29 UK FD
    Scales being good this morning and showing a 2lb loss for the month which I’ll be happy ,hopefully with a fast day today it might be even better tomorrow but let’s hope 3lbs don’t appear overnight which is not unheard of
    Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29……. Florida……FD

Busy but good weekend! We were out all day, Sat., mini donuts for breakfast, turkey bacon club for lunch and 2 soft pretzels with cheese for dinner…..oh, did I forget, Oreos……lots of Oreos!

Sunday…… busy work at home but as a family we always have Sunday am breakfast, well more like brunch….. leftovers for dinner and deep fried Oreos for desert.

I may have an Oreo problem!

Today……I will be on track doing a solid FD.

I am prepared for my week…..did my grocery shop for the week yesterday!

I hope everyone is well…….
    The heat and humidity is over the top again, this week and Covid19 is one the rise once again. Over 100 new cases in our county alone yesterday!
    Please stay safe and hydrated!

Grow up…… they said, become an adult……it will be fun….. you can have ice cream for dinner……..They LIED!

Day 29 FD UK
    Sorry to be late on parade, good morning all.
    Things improving with guts so that’s a plus also weight good so glass more than half full.
    Hope to be able to say I have lost 4 lbs in June tomorrow. We’ll see.
    Thank you to @brightonbelle and @flourbaby for hosting the next 2 months. I will be signing up.
    Glad the very hot weather has gone, too hot for me.
    Hope everyone has a positive weight outcome for June.
    Love the end quotes on messages here. Will have to try to think of some myself.

Day 29 Melb Aust FD850
    Day 28 NFD

My TDEE day yesterday morphed into a NFD as I did a heap of heavy gardening in the afternoon. I did the same today, but fortunately more control, so have stayed at 850 calories. Will try for another FD tomorrow before weighing in for the start of July.

@penz, I always aim high, so officially I’m nowhere near my aimed-for loss for this month, but I’d be happy if I lose 2 kgs, and so far it’s 1.6 kgs, so we’ll see what happens at the end of tomorrow.

Definitely aiming for more loss next month!

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 OMAD London UK

A huge thanks to @penz for hosting this month. You have saved me, with your kindness at putting me on the DTF list every day. It’s worked so far. One big bonus of lockdown is that routines are fairly easy to adopt, cos there’s no ‘real life’ to get in the way. OMAD seems to work for me. Don’t know if I’ll be able to make it work forever, but I’m going to try. My goal weight has changed – I was going to try to get to 12st, but actually I need to be lower. I’m medium build, so 11st will be better. Which I haven’t seen since I was a child ( joke). Happy Monday all. Hang on, I have a quote – just got to find it again.

Here’s the quote ‘ You need to remember there are people around the world that would love to have our bad days. ‘

Day 29/U.S./FD (first one in a long time!)

I know I’m jumping in at the end of the month, but today I’m easing back into IF to deal with some maintenance creep, and posting somewhere helps me with follow-through 🙂

So, 7ish years into maintenance at this point but dealing with ‘covid’ creep, to the tune of over 15lbs ugh. Getting back to basics and going to start doing M/TH fasting days, to work on getting rid of the creep and get back in my maintenance range.

I decided to jump back in last night, so I’m not really prepared for a fasting day, today will probably be mostly coffee (with half&half), and eggs.

Exercise will be a brisk 1.5 mile walk and then 45 modified push-ups (using back of couch for my hands, so I don’t have to get on the floor).

This mornings weigh-in: 146.8lbs (goal is 130lbs).

Day 29 – Boston, USA – FD + 10k run

I’m joining back in and the end of the month too! I require accountability, as I have simply been losing and gaining the same 5 lbs in a most demoralizing way.

Today’s weight: 131.2 lbs
    Goal weight: 105-110 lbs

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @hedwig6

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 Canada NFD

Made it through my Sunday FD! Had a good tummy rumble in the afternoon but had to stay strong as the solo pocket lister:) Not at all hungry this morning so going to wait for a late breakfast.

@songbirdme and @flourbaby the best part of this WOL is being able to eat what you enjoy, OMAD and FD/LFD’s make it possible which I love

@judyjude the scales will keep dropping, I am fasting for an extra day on Tuesday to finish the month. If it would help to partner up I am here:)
    @dykask congrats, this sure has been a difficult year to do 50 water fasts
    Stay safe @bert1802 I am watching our friends to the south and the spikes of new cases are very concerning
    Welcome @veggiegirl and @hedwig it is great to have you back, I am working off the covid creep as well

@penz I have achieved my goal for the month and so much more. I started at 63.7kg and a few days was at 62kg, hopefully a little more to go before the challenge ends. The best part is that I have gotten right back into the swing of things. Regardless of knowing for a long time that this WOL really works for me I was struggling to get into it for a while.

Looks like the day is setting up for a long pocket list, it might be the last one for lots for this month so finish strong

‘ You need to remember there are people around the world that would love to have our bad days. ‘

Day 29, London, UK, LFD,

The day has run away from me, I’m supposed to be WFH, but I was up late, guzzled a cup of tea☕, completed a yoga class, since then I’ve been faffing around, and the only thing I accomplished was changing the bed!!!

@penz, I step on the scales in my B’day suit, so don’t forget to subtract 5-10lbs if you’re forced to wear your heavy, heavy glasses!!!! 😁😜😂 I’ll know my exact month’s loss on July 1st, but my main goal was to get off of the plateau which I have, so it’s gonna be a win-win month for me!!!!

Welcome @veggiegrl & @hedwig6, you’ve made the right choice!! It’s never too late to join us, as I say to myself often ………………… “If not now, when????”🙏

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @veggiegrl
    @hedwig6
    @flourbaby (LFD)

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 29 – USA/GA – FD

Been a day already! Finally, after the 4-day NFD weekend, I felt vindicated as I weighed in (twice) this morning at 259 lbs. on the dot. Whew! Here’s hoping the 260/259 mini-plateau ends by next week!

Power company shut the power off for two hours this morning for some construction work; thankfully, it was early and hadn’t gotten too hot in the day yet. Then, tons of crises to be solved at work as soon as I got my modem back on. So, just now getting back online. I’m doing my FD500 today and my parents are doing a FD800 (with extra cheats for dad, LOL)

Good luck everyone! Lots of FD folks today, and tomorrow is the last day of the month!

Pocket List – Day 29
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @veggiegrl
    @hedwig6
    @flourbaby (LFD)

Day 29 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Missed logging in yesterday, but between church and son home for a few hours and then driving an hour to spend time with DH’s siblings and spouses and mom, it was a full day. Perhaps you remember we also had a party to attend on Saturday night. Both events were lovely, and while I ate more calories than if I’d cooked at home, I did a reasonably decent job of controlling what I ate. Bottom line, I have no regrets, because that’s the point of 5:2, is to eat like a normal person on NFDs.

The bad part, however, is that the scales are reflecting the increase in food. I started out the month at 157.4 with a goal of 153.4 by the end. Last Friday morning, after my LFD on Thursday, I weighed 151.6. Today? 156. But. A lot of that is simply extra food in my belly, and water weight from the salty pizza last night. AND, 156 is still down from 157.4. So today is a FD and tomorrow will either be another FD or a FD800 or thereabouts.

One thing I know for a fact is that I must increase my activity level. With the gardening all “done” and only maintenance required, I’m not getting nearly the physical activity I was at the beginning of the month, and that has impacted how easily the weight comes off. So, new insight, new goals for July.

So, @penz, did I meet my goal for June? Not yet, but I am certain the number will look good on Wednesday morning.

Funny story about yesterday. DH and I showed up with 4 bottles of homebrew beer and 4 bottles of homebrew hard cider to share with his siblings and spouses. (Not a lot, but they’re 15.3 oz bottles [Grolsch] and none of his siblings drink much.) “Did you say you brewed this?” “You didn’t really brew this, did you?” “Really, you actually brewed this?” “Wait. You really brewed this??” It was so funny. I think that tells you how little his siblings know him, LOL!

Thank you @penz for hosting this month (loved the daily questions), @brightonbelle for volunteering to host July and @flourbaby for stepping up to host August.

@annabelle48, congratulations on a good weight, and I’m so glad the gut problems are easing up!
    @EmmaTaylor, I’d heard that quote before, and it hit me in the gut then just as it hit me in the gut today. Thanks for that; it is beyond excellent.
    Welcome back, @veggiegirl and @hedwig6; I look forward to getting acquainted with you
    @northgeorgia, congratulations on the weight!!! And you’re not on the pocket list, so I’m adding you on.

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee
    @veggiegrl
    @hedwig6
    @flourbaby (LFD)
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Oh, and BTW, thanks to all for the comments on saving it before posting it; that’s now my new habit.

Wishing you all laser focus on your goals and ample determination to follow through on them!

Day 29, UK NFD

I had a weekend of EFS, mainly due to watching lots of Glastonbury on the TV. It was great to be able to see the old sets, some of which haven’t been broadcast fully before. I spent way too much time with a glass of something in my hand nibbling various salty snacks😀. As a result the scales this morning delivered a 3lb gain. June has been a real up and down month, at the beginning I was flying – lots of exercise and lots of healthy eating. Then my back problem meant I couldn’t do much exercise and my motivation disappeared. Reappeared last week then I sabotaged the weekend.

Tomorrow I’m hoping to go for a nice long walk, the first in weeks and am planning a FD to give myself a good chance of losing that elusive last pound if I’m to hit June’s target.

Some good news that almost deserved a glass of wine in itself- my hairdresser contacted me and offered an appointment in the next 2 weeks, yey. I can’t wait to get this mop fully coiffed.
    @brightonbelle, thanks for hosting July. I’ll be there.

Day 29 – UK – FD400

Another wet and grey day here – certainly the rivers and waterfalls nearby are not short of water at the moment – went for a brisk walk up to see how Stock Ghyll Force, a spectacular 70 foot waterfall was doing! @i-hate-lettuce definitely emphasis on “lakes” these past few days!!!!!

Early morning Broga class with OH joining – Pilates this afternoon and ending the day with a yoga class at 1800hrs – aim is to keep busy and distracted on this much needed FD, as unfortunately my CDs over the weekend did not happen and involved a bottle of rather good Merlot ( @songbirdme – me too!!!) spread over 2 nights as OH does not indulge and some local salt marsh lamb!!

@daffodil2010 – hope you and OH had a good day celebrating his birthday 🥂🍾
    @veggiegirl and @hedwig6 – welcome to you both – looking forward to getting to know you in the July Challenge

Great job by those who have managed to shed a few lbs/kg and to those who have not added any – let us make the July Challenge at the start of the 2nd half of 2020 a good one

Joining today’s pocket list for continued motivation
    Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee
    @veggiegrl
    @hedwig6
    @flourbaby (LFD)
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @at

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 29 USA (Illinois) OMAD

Going to do another OMAD today. Yesterday’s was calorie laden, going out for pizza, salad, wine and then DH & I had a couple s’mores when we got home. First of the year, and they were delicious!

@bellyblast – yes, we love this WOL so we can indulge in days like that. I fully agree.

@at – eating out, I seldom get my fave red blend wine, 19 Crimes from Australia, so a good Merlot or a Cab work for me. Although, it was eating out that I first discovered 19 Crimes, but seldom do I see it on the wine list.

@penz -thank you so much for your MARVELOUS hosting this month. We look forward to July – just around the corner!

Onward and downward.

Day 29, UK, FD

Got a bit busy over the weekend and I forgot to post. Its been a quiet weekend, without any excesses, which is good 👍
    Today is an FD and its been really good so far. I intend to keep it up 🙂

@brightonbelle thank you for volunteering to host July 🤗

@daffodil2010 “this mornings jump on the scales meant a very swift and shocking jump back off” you made me laugh 🤣, I know exactly what you mean! Hope you are having a good Birthday for your DH 🎂

We haven’t heard from @ccco for a long time, @ccco I hope you are ok 🤞

@penz I think I actually achieved my goal for this month because the trousers that I use for measuring definitely feel and look looser 🙌

Adding myself to the pocket list.

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee
    @veggiegrl
    @hedwig6
    @flourbaby (LFD)
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @shinything

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Have a good day/evening everyone 🌞
    @brightonbelle

Day 30, NFD, Aus

I’m catching up with a girlfriend for lunch today. As I’m working from home I really feel like I’m wagging! (Sorry northern hemispherites I’m not sure what a good translation is – playing hooky?)

It’s been an absolute pleasure hosting June. You’re such a great bunch and really good to see so many of you have reached your goal or staying accountable. Lots of funny stories re those temperamental scales. Your quote is so true, @EmmaTaylor. And welcome @veggiegirl and @hedwig6 – make sure you join us in July.

You’re so right @flourbaby, I had completely forgotten how super heavy my glasses are. You did say to deduct 5-10 kilos didn’t you, not pounds?

Final question for the month: what unexpected benefit has 5:2 brought into your life?

Day 30 – Japan – NFD

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

I had a good month with a loss of 4.1kg/9.1lbs.

@penz thank you so much for being such a lovely host this month. I really liked the daily questions. I don’t think i had any unexpected benefits but I’m pleased I was able to take less BP medication.

Pocket list day 30
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – Lake District UK – CD

Good morning everyone

@penz – Thank you for steering us along on the 5-2 bus this month, I think I’ve managed to call in each day, but been a rather odd and busy month, however I finished lighter than I started, so a success (however small).

@stitchincarol – Funny how people view ‘home brew’! It’s often better than commercially brewed stuff (no additives!)
    Mrs I-H-L’s a very good baker of cakes and the stuff she takes to coffee mornings charity do’s is well received and sells very quickly, in fact there are some local folk ask for her cakes! I bake bread, even some fancy ‘star bread’ for when we have folk round, again visitors love it!
    Seems everyone loves Artisan/home made produce, but stick a beer in front of them! Initial reaction is one of real mistrust, but suddenly after a taste, the questions start! I had a guy at a charity fishing even (I took a couple of crates) came and tried a small glass (I’ll try some but I only drink lager) after the small sample, he actually poured the remainder of his lager away, finished the bottle of my IPA, then came back for more!

@at – We’ve gone from becks that are down to their bones to nearly a full spate, in a weekend!

Take care all

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Feel bloated after DH’s birthday meal (and wine) so today must be an FD. I didn’t bother weighing this morning, will do that tomorrow, but June hasn’t been good for me. I need to find my inspiration again.

About to head off on my long commute to Dublin. So it will be a twenty minute drive to the station, then 30 minutes on the train, then a twenty minute walk to the office. Still better though than 1.5 to 2 hours stuck in a car and the uncertainty of whether my parking spot would be taken. However, it’s my first time on public transport in ages and must wear a face covering, so hopefully not too many others on the train.

Thanks you @penz for hosting June, you have been a gracious host and the daily question was fun.

See you all in July.

Day 30 – UK – CD

Hello Everyone

Had a OMAD FD yesterday, went to plan and ended at 670 calories. Scales tell me I’m 144.5lbs today. My final weigh in for June will be tomorrow. That figure will end June and start my Julys challenge.

@daffodil2010 Take Care today on your journey into work.

@penz in answer to your question. 5:2 = Structure and flexibility.

Day 30 – Ireland – LFD 🤞

Hi all, sorry I’ve been MIA for the past few days.. I had a very long weekend Thurs – Mon so that’s never a good scenario when it comes to fasting..
    Well done all those of you who have knocked it out of the park this month.. I’ve been tempted by icecreams, breads and cakes over the past week or so and it’s incredible how much of a difference that makes to mind and body.. Yes, I exercise a lot but there comes a time in your life (NOW ;)) where the exercise makes very little difference. And the only good thing is that if I didn’t follow this WOL god knows how my body would look/feel.
    @stitchincarol your comment resounded with me and yes.. even a few extra naughty calories can make a difference for sure…

I’ll weigh and measure tomorrow morning so that I have a final end-June weight but… I’d say I’m up a few lbs..

So back on the wagon for July.. here we go again.. 😉 hopefully I can resist the bad things this month but I feel like I’ve had my fun now and I do have a little break at seaside in August with friends so that’s a target to work towards.

Thank you @penz for being a super host this month! 👏👏👏 In answer to your question, I expect to lose weight, to tone up, to feel better in myself but the unexpected benefit for me with this WOL has been all the other brilliant things you all provide: the laughs, the support, sharing the struggles and tips and tricks… it’s a great place to be! Thanks all.
    Thank you @brightonbelle for offering to host July – you’re a star 🌟….And we’ll all help out.

Today I’ll try for a LFD – we’ll see how it goes…

All the best for the day!
    Good luck with the commute @daffodil2010👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 30
    @snowflake56
    @jaifaim

Day 30, London, UK, NFD

As usual, I’m sooooo looking forward to today’s NFD!! 😂😆
    An enormous mocha☕, Greek yoghurt with super ripe cherries🍒 and a tuna salad will be the menu for today, using up all of the bits lurking in the fridge!!! There may be a few cashew nuts too, but I’m not sure how controlled I’ll be once the bag is opened!! 😟😳
    My LFD yesterday was ok, I didn’t do very much, and sitting in front of the computer 📺 for most of the afternoon (once I finally pulled my finger out!) meant food wasn’t a top priority. Once the evening snack dragon 🐉 started to roar, I did a walk with Leslie💃, back to the computer and a lovely peppermint tea before bed silenced any remaining grumbles……………… or roars!! I’m definitely patting myself on the back!!!

@bert1802, deep fried Oreos??? Do you buy them fried or make them? Who, in their right mind, decided that was a good recipe to invent??? Definitely NOT available in the UK ………..…Thank goodness!!!! 🙏

I’m keeping everything crossed that today’s NFD doesn’t result in a gain for tomorrow mornings weigh-in. After last week’s boozy day in the park stopped me in my tracks, I’m teetering on the edge of double figures. Will I? Won’t I? Oh, the anticipation!! 😁😆

@saffy420, some weekends just work out that way, I suppose the key, as with all things, is ……………Balance!!! ⚖ I had a call from my hairdresser last week, I usually book 3 months in advance, so my missed appointment at the end of May was probably one of the earliest booked, so an early call for me!! Yay!! 🙌 I was willing to accept any day or time available ……………….. only a little desperate for some ‘mop coiffing’!!!

@penz, some days, you just HAVE to ‘bunk-off’ no judgement here, I’ve been ‘WFH’ for months, but I use the term very very loosely!!! Wow, give a girl and inch😜 ………………………………… ok, I accept the 5-10kg glasses are a ‘real thing’!!!!😉 In answer to todays’ question – I truly believe 5:2 has given my self-esteem a boost lacking for 40+ years of my life. I really believed I was the only person, who didn’t possess an ounce of willpower, why couldn’t I stick to a diet? Why couldn’t I lose weight like other? Why can’t I control myself around ‘those’ foods?…………………………… Now I’m completing 40+ hour liquid fasts and exercising for pleasure, who knew??? …………………………… Willpower my ar*e!!!!!!

Chin up @daffodil2010 & @jaifaim a little break from this WOL is a good thing so long as your only having a nap but stay seated on the wagon!!!! July IS your month!!!

At this time, in this reality, in this world …………………………………….

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed, citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Last day of the June Challenge! For me it’s been a success. Not so much yo-yoing, and I finally feel confident about long-term maintenance. My goal was to lose half a kilo, and I’m down 1.2 kgs.

@penz – I don’t think I’ve experienced any unexpected benefits of 5:2; except maybe the realization that you can’t (& don’t need to) exercise away a bad diet. By that I guess I mean I don’t have to spend an hour in a gym every day to look the way I want to.

@snowflake56 – well done on the 4.1 kg loss! 🥇

@bert1802 – deep-fried Oreos?! You were joking, right? Tell me you were joking… 😳

@hedwig6 and @veggiegrl – welcome back!

@penz – thank you for hosting the June Challenge; see y’all in July….

Pocket List -Day 30 🍒
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim LFD 🤞

Day 30 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 NFD UK
    Good morning all. Later than intended but have been on a zoom call which threw my timetable out.

Jolly cold here today. I thought it was summer but maybe that was it in early June. Never mind the plants like the drizzle. Actually considering putting the heat on for and hour to combat the cold.
    Yesterday was supposed to be a fd and I thought it was but scales have a different tale to tell and somehow half a pound has crept on. Admittedly I didn’t write everything down which was a mistake but heigh ho that’s life. End result is 3 lbs off for June instead of the 4 I was hoping for but better than nothing. Glass half full.
    Count me in for July and will keep chipping away at weight. Slight reduction in steroids so that should help.
    Don’t know why but although I have ticked the box at the end I don’t get all the posts sent to my email.
    Anyone any theories as to why?
    Health wise I am progressing slowly. Phoned doctor yesterday and had a visit from a paramedic to assess me and take yet more bloods. Just wish they could get to the bottom of problem. Cant be anything really serious as have had all the tests for that.
    Thank you @penz for looking after us for June and thank you all for the quotes and encouragement on this thread.

Day 30 UK NFD

Final weigh in showing a loss of 3lbs – and I feel I’ve worked very hard all month to achieve that but feel very happy and I know what I need to do in July ….onwards ….

Thanks for hosting @penz 👍- unexpected benefit? £’s saved 5-2 planning along with the lockdown has been great money wise

Day 30…….Florida…..NFD

Okay……. let me just say…..deep fried Oreos are a real thing…… no jokes! I made them myself…… they are very good. Basically, it’s an Oreo deep fried in a sweet batter, kind of like a waffle batter…. then dusted with powdered sugar.
    I however make mine in my air fryer.

So, here is a question for you…… ever heard of fried pickles?

Yesterday, was an okay FD. I ended my calories at about 800. A bit high for me but I am going to take it and say it was successful. Today, I’m on the road for work, so, It’s got to be an NFD. It’s so much harder to stay with in a comfortable FD when your on the road for a long extended period of time.

Then, I have a difficult decision to make….. Friday, the hubby and I are headed in to Orlando for the day which is normally a FD for me, then Sat. I will be spending the day with the best gal. Since this crazy covid19 started, spending time with her or even seeing her has been a challenge…. she works in a health care clinic and her site does the covid19 testing. So she’s working her tail off and a lot of things we closed so we could not doing anything.
    So, I need to decide where I am going stick my third FD. Hell, it may end up being only a row FD week…..

Okay well it’s time for me to get ready for work!

Have a good day and make good choices!

Grow up……. they said become an adult, it will be fun, you can have ice cream for dinner…….. They LIED!

Day30/NFD/US-MI

Good morning everyone!
    Yesterday was my first FD in years and I went into it without a lot of planning/mental preparation. Happy to report that overall it went very well and I ended the day at 490 calories. I kept things simple and just ate eggs, (hot and iced) coffee with half&half/splenda and then water. Woke up this morning to a drop of 3.6lbs 🙂 I know its water and waste weight, but it’s nice to see movement when I’m jumping back in and that gives me momentum to keep going with it.

Yesterday my husband had a couple of friends over for supper and I made them bacon cheeseburgers with sides, and then peanut butter pie with homemade graham cracker crust. I actually craved the bacon more than anything else, but told myself I could make myself a copy meal today. I even told my husband I was having the pb pie for breakfast, lol. But, like I remember from years ago when I did ADF/5:2 regularly-I woke up this morning not hungry and not craving anything. I’ve been up over an hour now and I’m drinking my first cup of coffee and having a quiet morning 🙂

Since it’s a NFD I’m going to eat as I want, but will focus on lower carb options, (except for one piece of pie!). Exercise will be a 1.5 mile walk and then 50 modified push-ups. If weather cools down tonight I may throw in a second-1 mile walk before bed.

Weigh-in: 143.2lbs (goal 130lbs)

Day 30 Melb Aust FD900

Haven’t lost any more since Sunday, so a 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) loss for June. Better than none, and looking forward to July and the second half of the year.

@penz – gain from 5:2? A WOL I can stick to, where occasional blips are accepted and shrugged off rather than causing a sense of failure which would trigger negative comfort eating, and where treats are allowed sometimes without painful guilt.

BTW, thanks for being our cheerful host for June 🙂

See you all in July!

Day 30 – Boston, USA – NFD, no planned exercise

Day 29 recap

My FD morphed into a(n?) MFD, but I am not mad, since I had a 10k to run yesterday that I’ve been training for the last few months, and doing it fasted would probably not have been the greatest decision. Not an official event – just a personal goal. I managed to knock 30 sec/mile off my previous personal best, which was very exciting and also exhausting.

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome (back)!

Looking ahead to July, here are my health-related goals:

– Fast 2-3 days/week
    – Run 60-80 miles (minimum and stretch goals)
    – Add in at least one (online) barre or yoga class per week

@penz, I really like the idea of the daily question. Unexpected benefit – improved mindfulness as I ride out the waves of hunger on fast days. It’s given me a better ability to watch my own reactions without believing in them.

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

OK, folks, I weighed myself twice to make sure. Did I meet my 259 lb. goal for June? I did! 256.8 lbs. this morning. Nice end-of-June surprise! This gives me hope that I also finally broke the 250s barrier and may be the day for my “good-bye” to the 260s. Yes!

@snowflake56 @brightonbelle @funshipfreddie @betsylee Congratulations on the weight loss this month! I’ve lost between 9 to 10 lbs. this month, it would seem. I still have around 100 more lbs. to get to a mid-average healthy weight for my height, but I’m in the WOL for the long-haul.

@penz Thank you for hosting the June challenge. This was my first full-month participation in both 5:2, the forums, and a challenge, and it was great to get to know more of you. I love the support we can give each other here in the forums and your questions of the day were motivational.

Here comes July, everyone!

Pocket List -Day 30
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim LFD
    @betsylee FD900

Day 30 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 second post

Congratulations @northgeorgia, you’ve smashed it for this month, plus are truly in the 250s now. Let’s see the 240s arrive in July. Well done.

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

Yesterday’s FD wasn’t perfect, but was very good. DH and I worked for four hours in the yard in heat and humidity, so by the time we came in, we were beat and that can of beer was not to be resisted. But, since I burned 400 calories more than usual, I didn’t think it was anything to feel guilty about, LOL! My June goal is 153.4 and this morning I weighed 153.8. Thus another FD today, but with a few more calories, so that I finish June absolutely at goal. That’s kind of a first for me, to lose 4 pounds at a random time (no holiday or vacation goals in front of me), so I’m quite thrilled.

I chuckled at the responses to fried Oreos. They’ve been a fair staple for many years now. Also: deep-fried s’mores, deep-fried Girl Scout cookies, deep-fried butter (I kid you not!), deep-fried Snickers (and Twix and Three Musketeers and…)–do you see a trend? No wonder being thin is such a challenge!

Thanks, everyone, for all the kindness and humor and good cheer; it’s been a great month and I look forward to July!

Wishing you all laser focus on your goals with an abundance of determination to accomplish them!

Day 30 Canada FD

Did better on my NFD yesterday and ready to make today a success, I am really enjoying the FD’s at the moment. Routine is important for sure and I have work scheduled for the late afternoon that will keep me occupied till dinner.

@penz my unexpected benefit is an unusual one. I started fasting in 2017 and soon discovered I had some serious health issues which resulted in 5 surgeries and countless scans and blood tests. Almost all need long periods of fasting which I knew I could do easily. Thankfully now this is all behind me and I am fasting for the right reasons. Thanks so much for being such a great host this month, loved the questions!

Will weigh in tomorrow and am confident that I have lost a nice amount this challenge!

Pocket List -Day 30
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim LFD
    @betsylee FD900
    @stichincarol FD800
    @bellyblast

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good CD yesterday right about 1000 calories. Yeah for that.

This month of June has tripped right along with so many wonderful peeps here. I always mention this blog group when I tell anyone about 5:2 because I am sure I would not have had the stamina to continue (to lose and then maintain) without everyone along the path.

Newbies: may I encourage you to know you didn’t gain the weight overnight and won’t lose it that fast either. But if you’re going to get healthier and be stronger, this is the best way.

Onward and downward.

Day 30 Oxfordshire, UK CD
    Thanks for hosting Penz. Will weigh in tomorrow for my final numbers.
    See you all in July

Day30/NFD/U.S.-MI

So this morning I typed up a post, then I needed to edit it, and think I timed out during while in the edit mode which seems to have deleted my post, (unless I’m completely blind and not seeing it, lol).

Anyways, I had a very successful first FD yesterday, (my first FD in a few years I think). Scale was down over 3lbs this morning, which I know was water/waste weight, but still a huge motivation boost!

Since it went so well yesterday I’m thinking of switching things up for my first week and may do ADF (M/W/F) this week, and then settle into 5:2 next week. Because I didn’t put a lot of thought into things before I decided to jump back into IF, I went for simple yesterday and just ate eggs and then coffee with half&half/splenda. Loved the no fussing over food!

Morning weigh-in: 143.2lbs (goal: 130lbs)

2nd post

@northgeorgia, @brightonbelle, @funshipfreddie, @songbirdme and @betsylee well done!

@funshipfreddie and @northgeorgia thank you! I’m trying to repeat that in July to be back in maintenance again!

Day 30 – UK – FD500

Unfortunately yesterday was not the FD I planned but was a good CD of just under 1000cals so I’m making sure that today is a FD 🤞 However I did complete a Broga Class, a session of Pilates and ended the day with a great Yoga class yesterday so can’t be too unhappy with that 🙏

Had a lazy start this morning, then did my volunteer session sorting out lunches to be delivered to those in need in our community. Did hot and sweaty High Impact Pilates Class late afternoon (think of lots of planks, lunges, squats, twists and balancing) and was joined by OH. I then headed for a most welcomed shower and left him to sort out his dinner…..so that kept me out of temptation’s way I hope…..

@penz – In answer to your final question – what unexpected benefit has 5:2 brought into your life? = as a result of losing weight and getting fitter my asthma is no longer a problem and I am no longer on any inhalers!!! Thank you so much for looking after us so well during this June 2020 challenge 🤗💐
    @songbirdme – Thank you for introducing me to 19 Crimes – I really enjoyed it and it is very affordable here and have since shared with like minded friends and we all love it 🍷
    @snowflake56 – you certainly found your mojo in June with that loss of 4.1kg/9.1lbs 👏
    @funshipfreddie – great job on exceeding your aim to lose half a kilo and losing 1.2 kgs!!!
    @annabelle48 – 🤞 your doctors can get to the bottom of your symptoms sooner than later – good to know that your tests so far show nothing worrying though 🤗
    @brightonbelle – great job on shedding those 3lbs!
    @bert1802 – enjoy your weekend – day out with OH then time spent with a good friend and don’t worry about a FD – start fresh on Monday with a FD – that’s the beauty of this WOL
    @betsylee – another one with a good loss 1.6 kg (3.5 lb) – great job!
    @northgeorgia – great job on exceeding your weight loss target for June – a loss of between 9 to 10 lbs. taking you well below the 260’s 👍

Just want to say huge congratulations to those who lost weight small or large; achieved their goals for the month or have successfully maintained 👏
    To those who seem stuck on a plateau -“When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of “rehearsal” for maintenance isn’t the worst thing in the world” 😇
    To those who have struggled or even put some weight back on – Tomorrow is the start of a new challenge – Let us all move forward together “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow” 🤗

Pocket List -Day 30 – Last one for the June 2020 Challenge!!
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim LFD
    @betsylee FD900
    @stitchincarol FD800
    @bellyblast
    @at

Weigh in tomorrow morning to see how I ended up my birthday month and looking forward to joining @brightonbelle for the July Challenge

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Final post – Ireland

June
    Start weight 166.5 lbs
    End weight 165.5 lbs
    1 lb loss but a loss all the same

I had a really good LFD yesterday and cycled 50 km last night so was hoping it might make the difference so I’m thrilled as was up to nearly 169 lbs after the week of excess.

It’s been a challenging month in many ways but as always I look forward to new beginnings so July here I come 👍

Thanks again @penz for being a terrific host and I look forward to July @brightonbelle – thank you both!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Final post – Lake District UK

@jaifaim – Exactly the same as you, lost 1 lb – Result !!! after this months consumption it could easily have gone the other way, so I’ll take it 😉

Final Post,

Thank you @penz💐 for looking after us during this challenge, you’ve done a stellar job🏆, the daily questions gave me food for thought, which is soooo much better than food for mouth!!! 😜 (I’m embarrassing myself!!😳)

It’s results day today and I’ve completed the 1st month this year where I feel back in control of this WOL. A month of 4:3 sometimes ADF weeks, 13 LFDs, 1 FD500 and 16 NFDs (only 3 with booze!!🥇) have resulted in a loss of 9.8lbs. So close to double digits, but by day 16 I had lost 7lbs and the following 2 weeks were -1.4lbs each (the booze was in the last 2 weeks, there may be a clue there!!). I’m chuffed to bits since I was wearing a groove in the grass by wandering around that plateau. I’ll stick with the LFDs for July since ……………… they work!!!

I was only fooling myself with imperfect FDs and indulgent NFDs, with hormones playing havoc, I think I have to do this IF thing properly if I want results!! The last 6 months are a blur of up/down bouncy-bouncy scales, trying to shift the rapid gain last October/November when the hormones decided to sabotage me😖 and I assisted them by drowning my weight sorrows😟!!! Thank goodness there was that one single solitary fingernail & you guys 🙏 keeping me hanging on to the wagon!!!!

See y’all over in July!!!

@flourbaby – that’s a really good month. I’m very impressed. I know weight loss isn’t the only benefit of fasting, but it sure helps. I’ve just been reading about the island of Ikaria, in Greece, which has exceptional levels of longevity. One of the reasons seems to be that they don’t eat that much, and when they do, they eat plenty of leafy mountain greens ( and homemade red wine…yay!). I’m supposed to be back to Crete in September. Not sure that’ll come off. Happy hump day, and happy July all.

I never got to post yesterday but better late than never as they say.

Just wanted to say thank you for hosting the June challenge @penz 💐 , you’ve been a fantastic host 🎖️

See you all in July’s thread 🙂

June final day – Rural Nebraska, USA

June 1: 157.4
    Goal: 4# loss
    July 1: 153.8

Not quite a full 4 pounds, but 3.6 is lovely to my eyes, and I count it a success!

Viewing 46 posts - 651 through 696 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.