June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 696 total)

• Welcome to the June challenge! Winter, summer, mid-year. Wherever you are, challenge yourself this month. For some that challenge may be as simple as logging in once a day, aiming to lose a few kilos or pounds, or staying in maintenance. It’s entirely up to you!

For the newbies, the following might look like a lot of information. But it is just that information. No rules in this forum!

The monthly challenges were started by @coda in May 2016 and have been going ever since…

These monthly forums are full of wonderful supportive people from around the world. If you have a question, a tip, or need a mental pick me up, this is the place to come. And you can join at any time.
    I’ve copied the general guidance from previous months’ forums – it’s tried and true!

How to start your daily post?

Start your daily post with the day of the month, where you are and if you’re on a fast day (FD); a non-fast day (NFD) or a controlled day (CD) – (e.g. for 1st of Jun it would go something like “Day 1 – Aus – FD” for me.) We use the day of the month, rather than how many days you’ve been on this 5:2 pathway, because it helps keep track of those of us on different sides of the international date line. If you want to post again on the same day, people usually start it with “2nd post”. But again, there are no rules.

Can I stay anonymous?

Of course you can! But if you want to, give a quick introduction about yourself in your first post– mostly for the benefit of the newbies. You can share as much or as little as you want. Some people like the anonymity of this forum so feel free to share as much as you are comfortable with…A brief blurb about your journey so far and what you aim get from this way of life (WOL). Also if you wish, your starting weight and any other measurements (waist, hip, bust etc) you aim to keep track of throughout the month.

What’s the spreadsheet all about?

The wonderful @at will soon upload the monthly spreadsheet. Entirely up to you whether you wish to use it – it can help you track progress, and see how others are doing for some mutual support. I don’t use it myself – it’s completely up to you!

What do I have to post?

Anything you want! You can add any comments/questions/moans/whinges/triumphs… or anything you feel like you want to share with the rest of the forum. We all have good days and bad days, days we fall off the wagon and days when we hang in there for dear life………so if you want to share it – post it. Some people read the forum but never post anything. That’s completely ok too.

Recipes, tips, tricks and questions can also be shared – most of us are logged on at one time or another and can clarify things, offer advice, support etc when needed – this is the great thing about this international forum, there’s always someone online.

What is a pocket list?

Over the course of these monthly challenges, there have been small groups doing their own mini-challenges. Over the months, there have been pocket lists for FDs, doing planks, doing toilet squats and so forth. I propose a prohibition list for those who want to refrain from imbibing alcohol Mon – Thurs. Those who wish to participant put their name down on a ‘pocket list’. The pocket list can be printed off and kept in your pocket as a physical reminder of who else is sharing the same goal as you for that day. Or it can just be a mental trick to remember that you’re not alone.

For those of you who are new, if you are copying the pocket list on FDs on your phone or a tablet these steps might help:

You should hold your finger on the first line you want to copy e.g. “day 1 -pocket..” and the select option will display. You should then see a “start” selection marker and an “end” selection marker…drag the “end” selection marker to the end of the list and choose Copy..

It’s best to start the selection on standard text rather than people’s names/links as they are links and you will automatically be linked to their profile..it can be a little frustrating…

But I still have questions!

5:2 basics – answers from @simcoeluv who used come on and answer queries newbies had to many FAQs plus top tips:
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

And what’s with all these abbreviations?

Here’s the wonderful list of abbreviations used throughout this challenge and added to on an ongoing basis:16:8: 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF: Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    B2B: Back to Back (days of FD or WFD)
    CFD: Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    DD, DS: Darling Daughter, Son
    EFS: Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days!)
    FD: Fast Day (500 cals)
    Hunger Dragon: that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied. Some people even name theirs (eg inner warthog!)
    IF: Intermittent Fasting
    Keto: way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC: Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF: Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    LOL: Laughing Out Loud
    M/WOAM: Man/Woman on a Mission (courtesy of @i-hate-lettuce)
    MFD: Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    NFD: Non Fast Day
    OH: Other Half (eg spouse/partner)
    OMAD: One meal a Day
    PFDS: post FD smugness (courtesy of moi!)
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)
    TRE: Time Restricted Eating
    WFD: Water Fast Day (Water only)
    WOL: Way of Life

I look forward to seeing you on line, old names and new. You’re all welcome. It’s going to be a great month!

Day-02 – South Africa 🇿🇦

Count me in for June please, @penz. Thank you for hosting!

Thanks for stepping up once more @penz – It’s my birthday month so I’m definitely joining the gang once more!

Here is the link for the spreadsheet – hopefully I have remembered to give everyone access to edit 🤞
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t_vKkPeTUBCU7LMGhRyXENwYu9lpcXEBOn1Le1vH2n8/edit?usp=sharing

Count me in please!

@at it’s my b-day month too, but at the end of the month.

USA Day 30

Count me in for June! Hopefully, this will be a better month. I am a little confused about who our leader is this month! Pend, it looks like you! Thank you!

Day-1, Melb Aust

Count me in, please.

@penz, great to have you as our host this month. Go Aussies! 🙂

@at, your Google spreadsheet is on view only, so may need to be amended(?). I couldn’t post in it, anyway.

I’m in. My birthday too. Every month has a challenge whether its birthdays, anniversaries, Christmas, etc. I’m so glad this wol is flexible.

I’m in See you all tomorrow 💪

I’m in for June. Last year’s holiday excesses ( think I was away for about 26 weeks last year – got to be very porky..) are slowly going down. That’ll teach me. Have you got an abbreviation for the prohibition list, @penz? Or have I missed it. Anyway, I’m in for that as well. Are we really going to have arctic weather shortly? Doesn’t seem possible.

@penz thank you for hosting, I’m in!

Thanks @penz — I am in. Will post on our USA June 1st. 🙂

I’m in and looking forward to June 😀

Thank you for hosting @penz 🌼

I‘m in! My second monthly challenge and hopefully my first complete month.

Thanks @penz for hosting. And thanks to all of you, it‘s really wonderful that you welcome everybody in this challenge!

To a successful month 💪

Day 1, FD? Aus

Good morning everyone – lovely to see so many friendly faces.

A little about me. I’m married with two dogs, living in Canberra (the nation’s capital). I’m in my late 40s and would love to be 30 again! But as that’s not possible I’d love to drop 10-15kg. I’ve been flirting with 5:2 for years. When I commit, it works. Funny that. I do love my wine and gin martinis though and that’s my downfall. I usually fast on Mondays and Thursdays, and as I’m an all or nothing kinda gal, I prefer doing liquid only (which includes coffee). If I start eating I find it challenging to limit it to 500 calories.

Today is a public holiday and tomorrow I’m donating blood. So I have to eat tomorrow but do I have the will power to fast today?? I’m putting it out there – yes!!!

Hi @emma Taylor. Good question! How about the Dry Drinkers list? Open to suggestions.

Day 1 pocket list
    @penz

Day 1 DD list!
    @penz

I can’t remember who did it last year (BetsyLee? Rafiki?) but we had a creative host who posed a daily question. I really liked that concept, so I’ll start off with an easy one. What’s your goal for June? I’d like to lose 2kg and stick with the Dry til Fri routine.

USA Day 1 FD

Adding myself to the first pocket lists of the month!

Day 1 pocket list
    @penz
    @ccco

Day 1 DD list!
    @penz
    @ccco

Decided to go dry during the week days, so added myself to that list, too! Good luck to everyone in the new month!

Day 1 – Japan – WFD #43

Well into it now.

Day 1, Emden Germany (being Dutch), FD

Hi everyone!

@penz thanks for hosting this challenge and thanks to @at for making the spreadsheet.

I’m a Dutchwoman (from Limburg in the South) living in the North of Germany, married, retired, 63 y.o, 163 cm/5ft 4in tall. My weight was 56 kg/126.5lbs all my adult life until starting a new job in 2011 where my weight crept up to 72.9 kg. I read the book and joined the challenges on and off from March 2017 on. I lost 20 kg very quickly but gained most of it back. Starting weight this month 65.8kg/145.1lbs.

@at thanks for the encouragement, it’s good to know you’re there!

Goal for this month: Eat less added sugar.

Day 1 pocket list
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

No need to add myself to the DD list, I hardly ever drink alcohol.

Day 1 DD list!
    @penz
    @ccco

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 1 Sherry Jones 24 years old from Queensland Australia
    hi i am hoping to ditch the chocolate and chips this month. all for greater amount of weight loss

thanks have a nice day

Day 1 UK FD

Hi. Been following these forums on and of for around 3 years! This year so far I’ve managed to stick with it and have lost around 6 kg since the beginning of the February challenge. I’ve been flirting with losing another 2-3 kg and am setting out this month to make a big dent in that! I find it reasonably easy to stick with fasting during the week but tend to go off the rails a bit at the weekend. Despite that I did manage to lose 1.5 kg in May.
    So that’s my challenge…. do not sabotage all the efforts and progress made during the week by losing control Saturday and Sunday!
    Thanks to @penz for taking the reins this month and steering us through June!

Day 1 – Lake District UK- NFD

Good morning everyone,

Firstly, thanks @penz for steering the 5:2 wagon this month, hope everyone has a successful journey, if not, hope it’s a fun one. We’ve a couple of birthdays and bbq parties planned so I’ll be on and off the wagon, even if its only to get some help to contain my ‘Inner Warthog’!

How did I get here?

I’m a 64 year old retired old bloke (blimey 65 this month) married and live in Cumbria UK otherwise known as the Lake District. I needed to sort myself out regarding my weight, having my breakfast coffee and calling in here every morning really helps me along. I find recording all the calories consumed and lots of walking combined with the 5:2 WOL really is working for me.

At beginning of last year 19/1/19 my weight was 19 st 1 lb or 267 lb, and on 26/7/19 joined this group on the 5:2 forum, weight 18 st 13 lb or 265 lb
    Since joining I’m down to a new low of 16 st 5 lb or 229 lb and feel a whole lot better!

It’s a slow process, but I have found the help and support from my friends on each ‘Monthly Challenge’ invaluable. Each month feels like a fresh start, the positive comments, successes (and failures) ups and downs, without judgement makes it a fantastic help.

@penz – my goal for June? do no damage to my progress, have lost weight every month so far this year aim is to keep going….downwards!

Take care all

Day 1 UK – FD

Thank you to @jaifem for looking after us in May. Thank you @penz for picking the reins up for June.

@at one of your last posts for May resonated with me. Thank you, I needed to read something like that.

I lost 3lbs in May but on weighing this morning I am up 1lb. No big worries, the scales are moving in the right direction. I’m aiming for 1lb a week in a June, anything more is a bonus. I’m a quick gainer but very slow loser so trying to set realistic goals. I’ve bought more Mediterranean type foods and less carby ones. Every time I cut carbs I can’t sleep. Every time. I reach for carbs in desperation as I get so sleep deprived. Then the ghrelin and lecithin hormones take over and cravings return. Vicious circle.

Anyways, wishing everyone a successful June.

Take care, stay safe.

PS is there a new Google sheet?

Day 1 UK West Yorkshire – NFD please count me in for June @penz thank you for keeping the wagon rolling.

Day 1 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Should be an FD but it’s a bank holiday Monday and it’s sunny and already starting off June with treating myself!!! But it will be B2B2B from tomorrow as I prepare for my lockdown birthday next Saturday.

I am 52, soon to be 53, Female, 5’2, living in a lovely country village in a commuter county just outside Dublin. In the house there is just me and DH, and our cat Missie, and during lockdown there hasn’t been anyone else visiting. I go out to work everyday so not much really changed during this pandemic.

I was slim all my life until I stopped smoking in 2002….best health decision ever, however weight slowly slowly crept on, and I have been at Weight Watchers numerous times (half a pound loss a week was my average), I lost 50lb on the Dukan Diet in 2003, but couldn’t maintain, put on 30lb and found 5:2 in 2017.

Lost that 30lb but since summer 2019 another 20lb has snuck back up.

So on I go into June to try to get back on track.

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

About me:- David, 58. Originally from the UK, living in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. I started fasting in 2014 halfheartedly after seeing the ‘Eat, Fast…’ documentary. I got serious about my weight in March last year, about a year after I retired when my weight started creeping up. I lost about 8 kilos, and I’ve been maintaining, more or less, for about 11 months

I joined the Challenges just over a year ago. Like many people I now find the FDs the easier part of this WOL; the NFDs are trickier. For quite a while I would successfully complete two or three FDs per week, only to cancel out the benefits by overeating on NFDs. One of the reasons people are initially attracted to 5:2 is from hearing, ‘eat normally 5 days per week’; but I still have to watch what I’m eating on non-fast days. Eating ‘normally’, or what we have come to believe is normal, is how we all finished up here in the first place. So I generally eat less, but I think I enjoy food more now. The myfitnesspal app has been invaluable in helping me with maintenance.

It’s a big day today in SA! We move to Level 3, hence we can buy alcohol, & we can go out for exercise between 6am – 6pm. So my goals are to stick with ‘Dri til Fri’, & clock up a daily 10,000 steps minimum – no excuses!

Thank you @penz for hosting the June Challenge.

@at – can you please have a look at the spreadsheet? It seems to be on ‘read only’?

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

Day 1 DD list! ☕️
    @penz
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie

Day 1 – UK – FD

Yesterday’s FD did not happen but today is another day so planning on one today!!

Started off the day with my usual 7am Broga class with OH – certainly worked up a sweat 🥵

@funshipfreddie – thanks for letting me know about the spreadsheet here is the link again hoping that I have allowed everyone access
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1t_vKkPeTUBCU7LMGhRyXENwYu9lpcXEBOn1Le1vH2n8/edit?usp=sharing

Going for a fast walk in a bit before it gets too hot!!!!!

I’ll post again later so that I can introduce myself properly to those new to the challenges

2nd Post – Day 1

Thanks @at! – all good now 👍

Day 1 FD London UK

Joining today’s pocket list. And Dry till Fri list

I’m 63, 5’11” tall, and always had a BMI of about 25. I’m from West Yorkshire, and moved to London with DH to teach art in my mid thirties. Retirement came three years ago, and DH is determined to travel as much as possible while we are fit and healthy. Which has resulted in us not being quite so fit and healthy. I don’t weigh myself because I find it puts me in a bad mood, but lockdown is giving me a chance to regulate my life more, and slowly my weight is coming down. I don’t want to hit a specific weight, just to get back to the shape I was before. I’m not a fan of the very thin look we are supposed to aspire to – good job really cos I’m not likely to get it! Have a happy Monday, all.

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia39
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

Day 1 DD list! ☕️
    @penz
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor

Day 1 U.K. FD
    Morning all – usual Monday <500 cals fast for me.

I’m 58 a lifelong chubby Joined coda in 2016 and got down to a happy weight successfully maintained then last year think mainly down to having too many holidays whoosh managed to put on a good stone , finding it so much more difficult to shift but at least last month showed a reduction in inches so I’m preserving Onwards and Downwards

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 1 DD list! ☕️
    @penz
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle

Day 1 Melb Aust FD700 (Meant to be 500, but didn’t quite make it! 🙂 )

I’m retired, single, 70 years old, aiming to lose weight mainly for health reasons. Household ruled by ginger cat Wilbur. I started in November 2018, lost 13 kgs, but lost my way late last year and regained 10 kg.

Have now lost 12.5 kg, so below last year’s lowest weight, and going down. I’ll get there this year, and hope everyone joins me.

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia39
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @betsylee FD700

Day 1, London, UK, FD

Hello Oldies & welcome Newbies!!!!

I’m kicking off this challenge with a FD!! @penz thanks for hosting this month, I truly couldn’t imagine what would happen without a challenge to keep me honest!!! My goal for this month is to stick to this fasting business, get my bum off of the plateau and stop self-sabotaging with things I love that don’t love me back……………………. Namely bread, wine, cheese and crisps!!!

A little bit about me, ex-civil engineer, 40-something, started 5:2 in Nov ’16, easily lost 45lbs, but joined @daffodil2010 in regaining 20lbs since last summer (what a year!!!) The last 2 months have been hellish on the bouncy-bouncy scales (I blame these time of life hormones!!), but I’ve shrunk by 8 inches as lockdown has led to 3 daily exercise routines, mainly Leslie Sansone walking or a walk around my local lake. Since my clothes are fitting better, I may forego a weight target this month and find another small dress to fit into as my June target, I had a target dress which now fits beautifully following my April & May efforts.

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby

“The Way To Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

Day 1 USA (Illinois) NFD

It’s wonderful to be back with all of you fasters from around the world. My name is Gwynne, but I am a singer, retired music teacher, and wife. I am 72 but still active and fairly fit thanks to 5:2 and this forum. I do Silver Sneakers 3x a week and try to walk 5000 steps a day.

I began these challenges with @coda in May 2016, and have not missed one since. When I was pushing 200# (90 kg) with no loss in sight, I decided to bite the bullet and try this WOL. I bought the book and appreciated the science of it all. I had begun fasting in March, and over the next 10 months lost about 35-38 pounds. Especially loved all the new clothes I had to buy and amazed friends wanting to know what I had done. Maintenance of 6:1 has mostly worked for me, but wow… it can be a judicious task, and I’m so thankful for this forum to keep me honest. For me 160# (72.5 kg) is right, BMI at 25, and some fat to keep the wrinkles away.

I look forward to getting to know you newbies and keeping up with our old friends.

My June goal? Keeping at this weight but getting stronger.

Onward and downward.

Day 1 UK NFD

Hello everyone!

I don’t post too much on these challenges (I get all caught up in the Fat Busting Brits thread and spend all my time over there!). But I do enjoy reading through the thread here. Maybe this’ll be the month I get more involved in here as well.

Anyway, a bit about me. I’m 25 and from London. I first did alternate day fasting back in 2017, and ended up very trim at around 60kg (looking back at pictures, I looked amazing haha!). I didn’t weigh myself for a few years, but did fluctuate a bit. Last I did November I was up at 66kg, did 5:2 and lost a few kilos, then there was Christmas, and three months away travelling… I came back at 66.7kg, and not feeling my best. I’ve been doing 5:2 again since mid April, and I’m back down at 63.4kg, and aiming for 61kg!
    My main goal though is to keep working on my NFDs, and feeling calm and in control, so when I slow down the fasts, I’m in good stead to maintain comfortably, this time.

Day 1. Second post.

I just watched the original Eat, fast, live longer programme and it’s given me a boost to really fast properly and stop messing around. Good brainwashing.

Hi there, I‘m from Switzerland, 41, married with two sons and was living the 5:2 WOL for the most part of 2016. I had planned to loose around 2-3 kg but ended up loosing around 7-8kg. It changed my way of living and eating, in a way that even after stopping my one FD per week for maintenance I didn’t right away start to gain weight again. Some years later I‘m up 3 kg. I lost about 1kg in may and hope to be loosing the other 2 in june – so that‘s my goal for this monthly challenge.

Today would usually be my FD800, but it‘s a holiday today, moving the FD to tomorrow. Take care everybody, may you reach your goals this month!

Day 1 USA FD800

Happy June 1st to everyone!

I am a 41 year old mom & teacher living in the Midwest, but originally from the east coast. I enjoy exercising, especially playing tennis. I got down to my lowest weight in 2016/2017 with the 5:2 WOL and enjoyed logging on to this forum during that time. I’ve gained close to 20 pounds since, doing other diets here and there (that I can’t maintain). This is the only WOL / eating plan that actually feels right and works for me.

I just started back last week and lost 4 pounds within the first week of the rapid weight loss part of Mosley’s newish 800 fast diet. Today is Day 5 of the rapid weight loss for me. Last night, I did break down and eat some popcorn before bed. However, the scales were still kind with another pound lost.

Thank you @penz – my goal is to finish up this 2 week rapid weight loss bringing me to June 11, then switch to TRE and 5:2 for the rest of the month.

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies

I have an outdoor small social gathering with some friends tomorrow, so I have a glass of wine planned in for the week, other than that, I’m not drinking.

Have a good one!

I’ve been gone from this group for ages…perhaps two years? I’m popping back in today because I’ve been back on the 5:2 since late February, but stopped losing weight in late March. My fast days have been on target, but I’m clearly eating too much the other days, although I can’t figure out why I’m not losing, say, a pound every other week. So, fingers crossed, I’m hoping to finally start heading downward again, instead of staying where I am. (Although, it’s certainly a blessing not to be GAINING weight!)

So, my weight this morning was 157.4; by July 1, my goal is to be 153.4.

And today is a fast day for me, so you can add me to the pocket list!
    Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol

Day 1 Canton OH FD

It’s always good to start a new month, and here we are

My goal is to keep on keeping on, I would like to post more regularly because my posts have been pretty sporadic lately

Day 1 is a great one to start with a fast day, especially since I am dealing with some family issues and don’t have much of an appetite

I have gotten in the habit of not drinking during the week, I would also like to transition from moscato to red wine (better for the heart)

@penz, that was a very well written introductory post, I enjoyed reading it immensely

ploppng myself firmly on today’s very healthy pocket list
    Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

Day 1 Oxfordshire, UK FD & DD
    Hello everyone. I’m a 58 female (soon to be 59), retired. 1 DH, 1 DD with partner, 1 DS & 1 cocker spaniel.
    Lost 3 stone with (20Kg) 5:2 2014-15. Gradually put some of that back on. Started the challenges in August 2019.
    This time round I have lost 7kg with 500g to go. April and May saw my weight plateau and I’m beginning to get very frustrated. I’m not giving up.
    Vital statistics. Height 158cm, weight 58.5kg, BMI 23.4
    Goal to get below 58kg.

My plan for this month is:
    • Min 2 x FD per week. Aiming to get as close to 500cals as I can.
    • Reduce my carb intake. Things are creeping in that shouldn’t.
    • Continue with increased exercise
    • Continue with ‘dry til Fri’.

Joining the pocket list for FD and DD
    Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @suki2

Day 1 DD list! ☕️
    @penz
    @ccco
    @funshipfreddie
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 1 UK FD

Glad to be back on reset day of a shiny new month! Thanks to @penz for hosting again & to @jaifaim for hosting May xx

I’m F55 Londoner who found 5:2 in Dec2017 wearing a size 18 fat suit & weighing 178lb/81kg. I’d mostly had a thin & lively life but put on weight in 3 chunks – living w disabling neuro dondition reducing energy & mobility, giving up smoking (tho yay otherwise!) & menopause.

I joined the challenges each month since & had a good life on the waggon losing 35lb in a little over 15months – including a 6-mth plateau where I lost no weight but went down 2 dress sizes! Bumped fairly happily around 140lb until a sudden bereavement Sept 2019 and I fell off the waggon… Back in March 20lb higher and not yet managed to make my seat sticky.

I’m beginning June weighing in at 158lb and with gentle determination to stick around. Goals are: daily posting, great self care and back to basics – 5:2, food diary, hydration, sleep, daily meditation & yoga, losing 1kg, chasing @betsylee!

To help me on my way I’ve taken this week off to make sure I’m less stressed & well-rested. I’ve been ill all the way through lockdown and still exhausted. Looking forward to a really gentle week – tying up tomatoes, gentle yoga, daily meditation, making easy healthy food, reading some books, starting a new knitting project, taking picturees of tiny things and being in bed by 9pm!

Looking forward to getting to know this month’s challengers x

Day 1 – Post 2

Lovely to see so many joining already – thank you @penz for taking up the reins for the June 2020 Challenge. As folks are joining I’m changing your name from black to red on the spreadsheet so it’s easy to see how many are in – currently we have 25 in the challenge 👍

@stichincarol – July 2018? great to have you back

For those new to these challenges a little bit about myself:-
    I am a 61y.o.(62 on Wednesday 🤭) female, married to my OH who is a mad fell (mountain) runner and fit as a fiddle with no extra weight no matter how much he eats…….not fair!!!
    I have a 31y.o.married daughter who has 4 fur babies – 3 black cats – Purlock the fat one, Layla the small one and the newest addition is Toby who is 9 weeks old and just joined the household on the weekend!!! and an adorable beagle called Archie. DD is animal mad as you may have guessed………
    Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 – joined the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and then reached maintenance in early December 2016 and have been in maintenance range of 54-56kg/119-123.5lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then! Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs
    I retired in December 2013 and moved to the Lake District and in my retirement discovered a love for exercise, currently doing yoga 🙏 which I started practicing about 5 years ago and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga, Pilates, Aerobics and Hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ and in my spare time do some volunteering in my local community

These challenges have kept me on the straight and narrow since reaching maintenance and whenever I start to slide upwards again I remind myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now” so maintenance is a WOL now as is fasting as this allows me some indulgences 😇

@penz – Goal for June is as ever to remain vigilant and stay in maintenance range 🤞

Day 1 UK, FD

I’m back in the challenge for June, I’d love to lose 6lbs but would be happy with 4. I’m a 58yo woman, originally lost over 50lbs with this way of life back in 2017/18. Lost my way and here I am 2 years later having put most of it back on. My problems is not the FDs it’s the NFDs, where I’m now reminding myself that I can eat anything on NFDs, doesn’t mean I can eat everything.

May was a mixed month, finally got my mojo back and got down to some serious FDs, but a big birthday celebration meant I was not mindful for a large part of it. Still this is why this is the only diet I’ve been able to stick to, it’s so forgiving of our cock ups. Other diets would have seen me losing patience, giving up and hitting the chocolate aisle. With this one we just get to the next FD.

Joining the pocket list

Pocket List – Day 1 🍒
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @suki2
    @saffy420

Stay safe everyone. Have a lovely day.

Day 1, UK, FD

Hello everyone, old and new 👋 . Its good to see new faces, and of course old friends 😀.
    For all who don’t know me, I am 5’4″ 53 years old female, living in UK. I used to be slim most of my life, my weight being around 50kg. Due to health issues and stopping smoking in 2016, I put on over a stone. Did 5:2 for few months and lost some, but stopped for still unknown to me reasons 😕. I am heavier now than I ever was which makes me uncomfortable, so I am determined to shed some weight this month. I decided not to weigh myself for now, because I find myself getting all worked up about gaining or losing 100g! Instead, I will use my clothes to monitor my progress 🙂

Today has been a successful FD, with only around 300cal so far. I will have some fruit so I expect to end the day around 500cal.

Pocket list:
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @saffy420
    @shinything

Such a strong pocket list, lets do this together 💪

Day 1, UK, FD

Thank you @penz for hosting this month and @at for sorting out the spreadsheet. I must admit I have never used it but will have a go this time, might give me extra motivation.

Hoping to lose 2 or 3kg this month (only restarted 5:2 last month but going well so far and definitely feeling better already – lockdown has been a very unhealthy time for me). Found some good youtube exercise videos which are keeping me active in the evenings while the gyms are shut.

Todays FD has gone well, busy at work so that always helps when trying to avoid food. Had a egg and salmon lovely salad as a late lunch, apple as a snack and planning miso soup with mushrooms for dinner.

June, here we come!

Day 2, NFD, Aus

Relishing that PFDS this morning. I CAN do a FD while at home on holidays!
    Lovely to see everyone who’s posted overnight (well, “overnight” from my perspective).

Welcome @WhiteWitch22 – nice to see another Aussie online.

6kgs, @mia139! Wow, those are excellent results. I think weekends are a challenge for many of us.

A good reminder from @ihatelettuce, JudyJudes and others. Progress might be slow or a little bumpy, but weight loss on a generally downward trend is something to be celebrated.

Thanks again for your spreadsheet magic @at. I envy your commitment to go for a walk before it gets too hot – it was below freezing here this morning. And welcome Toby! So much fun to have a baby in the family.

Hello @BrigthonBelle, @flourbaby – I am happy to translate for you. A loss of inches but no loss of weight = reduction in flab and increased muscle tone! A good outcome, methinks!

Hello @endellion – you’re welcome to lurk or post as much as you wish! I’m sure this group will be able to lure you away from those Fat Busting Brits!

And welcome (back) @stichincarol. Have you tried tracking your calories on NFDs? Those who dutifully record their calorie intake (and I am not one of them) were initially surprised at how much they had been underestimating things.

@basyjames! Red wine is sooo much better than moscato – but remember, only on the weekends!

I love the way you describe how kind the 5:2 WOL is to our slipups, @saffy420 “With this one we just get to the next FD.” SO true!

I was inspired by your post @georgia83 and thought I’d try the spreadsheet too but I can’t access it from my work computer.

Apologies for not acknowledging everyone’s posts individually but I am reading them!

Some great pocket lists for Day 1. How did you go?

DD list for day 2:
    @penz

Today’s question: whether you’re in maintenance or a newbie, what’s surprised you the most about 5:2?

I’m in!!!

Day 1 Ohio, US — FD

Everything went fine today, although I’m definitely hungry at the moment. But it will pass and soon it will be time to head to bed.

A little about me — I’m recently retired and have been following this WOL for two years this coming August. Since January I’ve been on a plateau, but in the last couple of weeks have started to move down from that. My goal this month is to continue the downward trend.

@penz Thanks for hosting this month!

Just to round out the list:

Day 1 Pocket list:
    @penz
    @ccco
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @mia139
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @betsylee FD700
    @flourbaby
    @breakfromcookies
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames
    @suki2
    @michelinme
    @saffy420
    @shinything
    @matpi

Day 2, Emden Germany, CD

Yesterday’s FD went well. What surprised me the most doing 5:2 was the fact I’m not hungry the morning after a FD. It makes it easier to skip breakfast. What also surprised me was the rapid weight gain if I leave out any FDs.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2 – UK – NFD

Good Morning

Yesterday’s FD was a close call at 600 cals but think that’s ok.

Today I’m going for a controlled day so hoping not to go over 1100.

Take care, stay safe.

2nd Post

@penz in answer to the daily question, I’d say the flexibility!

Day 2 UK West Yorkshire – FD Woke up to a strange thing in the sky….cloud! Well the sun is trying to burn its way through. Sitting having a quiet coffee in the garden before completing my morning commute upstairs to the office. Have a good one

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.