June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 696 total)

• Whoops. I meant Day 26. Where did June go?

Day 26 – Japan – WFD #50

Once again I did push-ups on a fasting day. It didn’t seem to hurt me before, on Monday I did 221 over 9 sets and today I did 230 over 9 sets.

@emma Taylor – The pandemic is stealing our sense of time day by day.

Day 26, Emden Germany, FD800

Pocket list day 26
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 26 – UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Car in for service, quick call in, weigh in day, moved off the plateau of the last 3 weeks, only 1 pound, but will do nicely.

Take care all

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Quick check in and delighted it’s Friday. It’s been a long week but made it through.

Happy Friday 🍷🍺👍

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD
    Day 25 NFD
    Day 26 CD maybe

Hi all, I had a super busy day with work on Wednesday and was on a holiday yesterday so have not got to read posts…
    The weather was beautiful here yesterday so was out and about on my bike for a long spin (120km) and had a really fun day with a friend… it was planned so I had to miss my normal midweek FD and no LFD this week as I needed fuel in my body…
    I’m still frustratedly bobbing around above my end May weight so don’t hold out great hopes for end June but we’ll see – the next four days could bring a change…. 💪
    So hot here yesterday but there was a nice wind on the coast… I’m a tad red 🥴

@daffodil2010 I thought of you yesterday as the traffic all over the place was just crazy… obviously everyone is in their cars rather than public transport and with good weather and beaches it’s made a thousand times worse… I hope your commute is going ok!

@flourbaby that’s a hell of a commute!!! And yep 17 miles on a bike shouldn’t take more than an hour but you have to factor in rush hour London traffic, lights🚦 and crazy people on the roads both cars and bikes 🙄
    Up to now I’ve never used my bike to commute but may do so in the future… I have a handy enough public transport commute but will have to weigh up how safe I feel when I go back to the office which isn’t for another month at least I’d say…

Mind yourself @basyjames and others who are struggling emotionally at the moment… I am learning a lot about some of my sibling’s characters at the moment with the ongoing care of my parents and it’s a perplexing and sometimes sad time to see them in the cold light of these stressful days… but… all we can do is our best for ourselves and be kind ♥️

@penz my favourite foods are really good chicken wings, good falafel, good millefeuille and savoury treats… although I love most food and drink… 😂
    My favourite day at the moment is Sunday! Treat day. Spin with friends if lockdown is not in place and I like facing into a new week /new start 👍.

Speaking of which… has anyone offered to host July? I do recommend hosting if you haven’t already… it keeps you on track and really is very minimal effort just to look after the Intro post and check in from time to time…everyone here helps out along the way… Seriously – you would not regret it… 👏

Emergency dentist visit today as like a lot of people recently I’ve been suffering aches so know I have an infection and don’t want to end up in a worse state if I can help it… as I’ve been pretty much cocooning I’m a bit anxious about the visit bit it has to be done… also that will decide what type of day I have but most likely CD as I’m hungry after yesterday’s jaunt.😁

Happy last Friday of June everyone!!!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 26 FD IRE
    Hello, Fd but reluctant to be honest. I’ll keep going though because the guilts will win if I don’t!!
    Happy Friday.

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I struggled a bit yesterday with the FD. Not with hunger; in fact I had no hunger at all. My head just wasn’t in the right place, if that makes any sense? So I told myself, ‘just do it!’. So I did. I even checked the forum/pocket list a couple of times for inspiration. I’m 1.6kgs down for the month now, so plenty of wriggle room.

@jaifaim – good luck at the dentist 💉

@stitchincarol – not sure why you’re losing your posts; but I write mine in my email account before I post it. Then it automatically gets ‘saved as a draft’. So I can always go back & copy it if it disappears.

As for the LFD, I’ve never done one; although I’d like to, just to prove to myself I can do it. But I imagine you’re right re the reasons why people do LFDs, i.e. if you don’t start eating you can’t overeat. And so long as you stick to calorie-free drinks, then you don’t need to bother counting calories. I drink plenty of tea/coffee on my FDs, but I use low-fat milk and allow for the calories.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍋
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake FD800
    @dee22 (reluctantly) just do it!

Day 26 Melb Aust FD (LFD)

Managed okay today. It’s nearly 8 p.m. now, so I should be able to avoid food for the evening.

@stitchincarol, LFD’s are what you make them. I find if I eat solid food on a FD, which is meant to be 500 calories for a female, it morphs into a FD800, but if I only drink liquids, I can keep below the 500 calories.
    Some folk would suggest only things like water, black tea or coffee, some boullin, etc., but that’s if you’re aiming to stay under 100 calories for the day.
    My LFDs stay under 500 calories, and generally include a sugar-free breakfast cereal drink, plus a couple of warm skim milk drinks for calories, and otherwise water or diet cola for fluid intake. One thing about LFDs – you have to ensure that your fluid intake is higher than on a normal day, as you’re not getting any of the liquid your body needs from foods. I know other folk make up all different kinds of soups, vegetable purees, etc.
    Really, it has to be what suits you, and also decide on what you’re aiming to do. If you want to very drastically reduce calories, then do what the first group I mentioned do. Otherwise, if it’s just to help you stay under 500 calories, like me, just make sure it’s something healthy, not 3 litres of Coca-Cola, or something like that. Really, no rules except be sensible and do what suits you best.

@funshipfreddie, thanks for posting the onion and cheese pie recipe post. Not sure I’ll be making it, but still sounds delish.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍋
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake FD800
    @dee22 (reluctantly) just do it!
    @betsylee

Only four days to go – let’s do this!

Day 26 – UK- CD

Happy Friday

The scales are saying 144.2 today, down from 148.5 on 1st June. To ensure I reach my June target of a 4lb loss I need to not bounce back up🤞

Take care everyone

Day 26 Canada NFD

I don’t have any issue at all on a FD, really going to focus on making the NFD”S work 🙂
    @judyjudes my scales bounce all the time, hope yours cooperate
    @i-hate-lettuce congrats on the 1lb
    @dee22 you will be happy you stuck with today’s FD

Off to work, have a fun day!

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

I’m contemplating new scales. Today was one of its finicky days. I first weighed in at 159.2 lbs. That’s reasonable. A 1.5 lb. gain over yesterday. Then I stepped on again: 160.2. Huh? No, 159.8, err…160.8, no 159.8….160.4 … 160.8…159.8?
    OK, obviously I must be worried over water. I didn’t get my 8 hours of sleep in last night and I did have my last meal around 8:30 (oops). Sorry, I’m not going to worry about it. I’m writing down 159 and hope to be vindicated tomorrow morning. I’ll be a little more careful about meals today.

@bellyblast Yeah, me too. I got to work on those NFDs. I’m getting better at them, but I need to at least stick to “kitchen is closed at 8 p.m.”

@penz Not sure if my folks are ready to join the forum just yet, but I may talk my mom into it soon!

Stay strong this weekend! We can do this!

Second post

100s? Hah, wishful thinking! I meant 200s not 100-something lbs. in all those posts. I would be maintaining if I reached those numbers LOL

Day 26 – Canada/ON – NFD

My first post here. I have owned the books for some time but never gave them a proper read until now. Thanks for hosting and contributing to this forum, guys.

I recently experienced a significant loss in my family. The stress that C19 has created is nothing by comparison, but the combined effect had me totally losing track of my personal wellbeing. I’ve come to the conclusion that I must get healthier. I’m normally a very healthy eater, but I am uncomfortable with the weight I’ve gained as a result of totally giving up for months. I’ve got about 27 lbs to drop and at 47 years of age, it can’t happen too soon.

I am going to keep within an 8 hour time frame of eating today and do a 500 cal day tomorrow for the first time. It is helpful to say it “out loud” to everyone here because it – somehow – makes it real. I’m looking forward to the challenge – I picked a day when I will be very busy with work so hopefully that will keep me occupied.

@dee22 I hope you have a good day!

Day 26…… Florida…..FD

Today, is a FD for me and I’m starving! I’m holding off till dinner where I will embark on a Caesar salad…… I’m looking forward to it as it is so stinking hot today!

Doing well, for my second FD this week!

@dee22…… welcome!

Grow up…… they said….. become an adult, it will be fun….. you can have ice cream for desert………. they lied!

day 27, NFD, Aus

I had all sorts of plans this weekend but it’s a bit overcast and with that went my motivation.

Welcome @Multipotential lite!! You’re absolutely right about saying it out loud – and this forum can help with both accountability and support. Good luck for your 500 cal day (which I’d happily label a FD).

Day 27, Emden Germany, FD

@multipotentialite Welcome! I’ll join you on your FD today as yesterday’s FD didn’t work out as planned.

Pocket list day 27
    @multipotentialite
    @snowflake56

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@multipotentialite – welcome to the forum!

wishing everyone a good weekend 🌈 ⛅️

Day 27 – Japan – NFD

My water fast was easy even with some heavy exercise.

Day 27 UK NFD

Well I got my wish – no more baking hot sun ☀️ Grey and rainy here today much more like a typical English June day .

I thought someone had already put their hand up to do July ? If no one else fancies it I’ll do it – I’ll need some help with the spreadsheet @at ?and I’m not sure I’ll be able to keep up to the high standard set as I only have my phone so long posts are problematic but happy to give it a go ?

Have a good Saturday all

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Argh. 260 lbs. I think I need to hydrate more this weekend. No way I put on 3 lbs. in a day or two. LOL! Three days until goal time (thankfully, one more FD before then), and goal is 259. I can do this. We can do this!

Good luck, everyone.

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s NFD was a disaster as far as controlling the calories. I kept trying to figure out where all my discipline from Thursday’s LFD went, even as I was stuffing my face. I hadn’t slept well, so perhaps that’s a good theory, @judyjudes? Oh well, today’s another day. Although, today and tomorrow both have parties that will challenge me. That’s life, though, right? And perhaps these two parties mean I’ll only be down three pounds this month, instead of the four that’s my goal (although I’m certainly not giving up yet!!), but down three is sure better than down none, so that’s what I’m going to remember today.

@jaifaim, I can sympathize with the scale not budging. Perhaps your NFDs are just that much too high in calories? And if not, keep the faith, because this WILL work.
    @emmataylor, @betsylee, (and anyone else?), Thanks for the thoughts on how you do LFDs and why!
    @northgeorgia, I laughed so hard at the story of your scales, both because it was funny and also because it was a familiar situation! After my LFD, I was so delighted to be 151.8–I haven’t seen 151.anything in over a year. A little later, I pottied and weighed again and was 151.6. WHOOP, WHOOP, WHOOP!!!!! “Honey, come see!” So he came, I got on–and it was 152.2 And stubbornly refused to go back down. What??? Yeah, those scales can certainly be irritating!
    @multipotentialite, welcome! This is a great group and you’ll quickly feel like we’re all dear family.

Wishing you all laser focus on your goals and massive determination to achieve them!

Day 27, London UK, LFD
    Day 26, NFD

Somehow, I forgot to post yesterday, too busy stuffing my face no doubt!!!

Day 25’s picnic in the park was lovely, the golf umbrella proved a stroke of genius, since we hid the food and our heads under it during the peak heat!!! No need for sunstroke!!🌞 The red wine in 33 degree heat may not have been such a good idea, but at least I guzzled 2L water afterwards to combat the effects!!! I avoided the sweet stuff, so the cheesecake🍰 will be on tomorrow’s menu!

@northgeorgia, I like that daisy chain idea, I used to have a ‘£ for lb’ jar, which turned into a ‘£5 for 1lb’ jar, then I was on a 3 month plateau, so I got impatient & just spent the cash!!!! 😂😆

@basyjames, I hope you’re looking at those stressful times in your rear-view mirror soon, it’s so detrimental to weight-loss, but at least fasting can offer you some sense of control at a difficult time. 🙏

@stitchincarol, the forum gremlins are doing a number on you!!! I write my posts in a Word document, then copy & paste; no chance of losing a post that way!!! My LFDs tend to be a large coffee☕ or tea in the morning with a splash of semi skimmed milk (25cals) then water or peppermint tea for the rest of the day, I have homemade bone-broth & miso sachets(22cals) on standby just in case I’m about to crack!!! I haven’t needed then yet though!!! 👏 I started LFDs this month in the hope of kicking myself off of the plateau, it worked and I’m finding them easier since there are ZERO food thoughts & guzzling lots of water can only be a good thing!!!

@songbirdme, I truly thought it was an internationally recognised term!!! 💪 It’s at the top of my wish list of things I would change about my body!! No offence to the bingo playing ladies, although it may be a bit outdated now that ladies of a certain age are getting fitter & healthier than their young junk food eating counterparts!!! 😁😜

Welcome @multipotentialite, you’re in great company, I’m sorry for your recent loss, I hope IF gives you back some sense of control in a senseless world 🙏

@brightonbelle, thanks for offering to host July, you’ll be fantastic ………………… I was teetering, so now I’ll bite the bullet & put myself down for August. There; ………………….. set ………… in …………… stone!!!!!! 🙄 🙄

Have a great weekend folks, we’re in view of the finish line ………………………… Final big push!!!!!!

Day 27 – UK – CD
    Day 25-26 – NFD

Sadly Day 24 was not the FD as planed but ended up above TDEE – planning on wine free CDs over the weekend and ending the month with B2B FD500……I can do this as I want to make sure that I’m staying at maintenance weight for the end of the month!!!!

@northgeorgia – losing 10lbs in 6 weeks is great……Keep going You know you can do this! As others have said this is not a diet but a way of life (WOL) to lose weight and maintain without feeling deprived!
    @bert1802 – 👍 on completing that Day 24 FD – way to go….
    @daffodil2010 – sympathies on the long commute…..
    @funshipfreddie – the happy foodie often has some great recipes on their page!
    @flourbaby – your day with your friend sounds perfect- enjoy the sunshine but make sure you don’t burn!!
    @stitchincarol – a long time ago I found that it’s definitely worth saving your post before submitting in case something goes wrong then you can just paste and try re submitting.
    @multipotentialite – welcome on board and do join us for the July challenge too
    @brightonbelle – Happy to do the spreadsheet for the July 2020 Challenge – You’d make a brilliant host!!
    @penz – FD NFD Which is easier? definitely NFD are my weakest as generally I can do the FDs so long I keep myself busy and distracted!!!

For those with scale issues – I have a plain John Lewis Digital Bathroom scale that we have had for around 10 years (it came with a 15 yr warrantee) and it never ever swings around – what I weigh when I first set foot on them is unfortunately what I still weigh when I try again when I don’t like that original reading 🤣🤣🤣

Four days including today before the end of this June 2020 challenge – where did the time go???? Still four days is enough time to make a difference to be in a good place to start the July one!

Must remember that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 27 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good afternoon everyone

Another quick, but late call in today. Bit cooler so decided to kick the brewery into action, but had to bake bread first, so busy morning.

Had a really good week, planning and booking some outings and holidays for in a few weeks time. If they happen, great if not…. well, if you don’t try they never will happen, but at least we’re goingto try!

@bellyblast – thanks for the encouragement, it may only be 1 lb, but I’m off the plateau!

Take care all

Day 27 – UK – NFD

Hello Everyone

I saw my lowest weight for quite some time yesterday which was great – 144.2lbs. However, later in the evening my other half randomly brought me a G & T when he got himself one. Well you know what they say about home measures being generous, this one was huge in a huge Gin Balloon glass. I must say it was rather delicious 😋. It really was. I’d not had alcohol for weeks if not months. Nonetheless it wasn’t worth the avalanche of naughty behaviour thereafter. This might have included eating cheese, ice cream AND chocolate. 🤦‍♀️

As I’ve written before, I weight once in the morning and once at night. I usually see .75 – 1.50lb gain over the day. Yesterday saw a 4lb gain!!! This morning still up 2lbs on yesterday morning. I realise it isn’t fat weight, more likely water weight. I’m being super strict today, measuring everything and drinking plenty of water. I’m determined one night of debauchery will not derail June’s Goal.

Tonight is home made chicken curry with spicy cauli rice.

Wishing you all a great weekend.

Second post

Wasn’t purposefully doing this, but I typically don’t eat breakfast before doing Saturday’s grocery store run; drank water before running out the door, potty break upon returning, and I got curious. Yep, 259 lbs. LOL

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Our local movie theater finally opened yesterday, 1/2 capacity with distance requirements. That meant we HAD to have a tub & a 1/2 of buttered popcorn. I am suffering today from that, so really watching what I eat today.

Funny about the bathroom scale discussion ( @stitchincarol @at ) – ours has just recently started being wonky. It said “battery low” so I replaced it the battery. Since then, we’re getting funny read-outs and like Carol, differing amounts depending on how I step on it. Also some all 8’s … strange. It’s not that old, maybe a couple years, also digital, so hopefully I can find some online help. Doesn’t look like the John Lewis digital is sold in the US… at least not from Amazon who sells just about everything.

Onward and downward.

Day 27 Canada NFD
    Quick check in for accountability purposes 😊
    Working hard on the NFD business 🤞

Day 28 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 27 NFD

Weigh-in this morning, after a NFD – 69.3kg, 100gms LESS than yesterday morning, how can this be? And no change on the scales when I stand on them, off them, etc. Well, only 3 days to go, so need to make them good ones. Won’t reach my goal for the month, but that’s okay. I always aim beyond my reach, to give me something to strive for.

@daffodil2010, hope the long commutes stop soon.

@brightonbelle, wonderful that you’ll host July for us. You’ll be great.

@flourbaby, thanks for putting your hand up for August, so now we know where we are for the next 2 months.

Re scales, I always put them in exactly the same position on the bathroom floor (on a specific tile) and make sure I stand the same way when I stand on them. Not sure it matters as much for electronic scales though. With my old bathroom scales, I could change the measurement by a kilo just by leaning forwards or backwards, and also depending where I put my feet in the scales, which was very frustrating.

Okay, 2 more days to make a difference – let’s go for it!

Day 28, Emden Germany, NFD

@betsylee nothing is more rewarding than seeing your weight going down after a NFD.

@brightonbelle and @flourbaby thanks for offering to host the next challenges!

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@brightonbelle – thank you for offering to host July.

@annabelle48 – I hope you’re okay and that your stomach problem’s sorted itself out?

It’s good to hear of some people getting off those pesky plateaus – @i-hate-lettuce and @northgeorgia

@songbirdme – I mentioned to someone else recently – @northgeorgia, I think – I’ve had no problems with my digital scales for the past couple of years. ‘Beurer’ (German made) only about $20 on Amazon. They also have some hi-tech ones that calculate your BMI, body-fat percentage etc that are obviously more expensive.

Have a good S🌞nday everyone!

Day 28 NFD UK

Good morning all.
    Have been AWOL for a few days, sorry, but gut problems still with me. Think it’s call to doctors tomorrow.
    On the plus side there is no weight gain!!!! Pleased about that. Glass half full.
    Am planning a fast day tomorrow, the last one before the end of the month, so hope to be able to give a positive report on day 30.
    @at thank you for the suggestion re kefir. I have had it before but lapsed. Your reminder prompted me to get some in. It hasn’t helped the problem so far but it should help the microbiome.
    @ funshipfreddie, thank you for your good wishes, will see what tomorrow brings.
    It was nice to have some good weather but it went on for too long so am very pleased with these cooler days.

Keep strong everyone.

Day 28 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone,

Routine gone AWOL at the moment, so many things going on, what with our birthdays this month, 2 weekends just disappeared! Other mundane tasks eating up another couple of days!

Now starting kitchen renovations, hate all the preparation work involved, but will be glad when finished. Will keep popping in here to try and keep up/going, but as soon as a job starts in an old property …. at least one new problem arises! However, busy messy hands means keeping out of the fridge, but an end of the day beer is rather too welcome!

Take care all, I’ll be around somewhere 🙂

Day 28 – UK – NFD

As promised by the weatherman woke up to a very wet and grey day!

OH joined me on the mat at 0900 for a 45 mins of high intensity pilates (think sweaty, hiit style pilates movements) to find strength and raise the heart rate followed by a 30 minute stretchy relaxing Yoga practice – my yoga teacher joined forces with a physio/ pilates instructor friend for this mixed class.

Made a small batch of 6 sultana scones using wholemeal spelt flour for OH (he loves the nutty taste from this flour)

@brightonbelle and @flourbaby – thank you so much for hosting July and August for us 🤗 I have done the spreadsheet for July and will add it to the July Challenge when it’s set up @brightonbelle
    @annabelle48 – try making your own homemade kefir – much better than the bought stuff and much cheaper too – you can buy kefir grains online and they just go on producing………this is a good link in the UK for clear information if you are interested to learn more:-
    https://happykombucha.co.uk/collections/live-kefir

@i-hate-lettuce – good luck with the renovations and staying on track!

Hopefully someone is enjoying some sunshine somewhere……..

Day 28 Canada FD

It’s a grey, wet day here. I am staying the night in the mountains and it is only 5C this morning, not sure where summer went? I have decided to throw and extra FD in today, this will be my 9th out of the 9 I had planned. Will fast again on Tuesday to make the most of the month. A day spent reading by the fire and getting out for a hike is needed after a stressful week.

@jafaim 120km is a long ride, no wonder you needed some fuel
    @northgeorgia the battery in my scales was low at the start of the month. It started showing lower and lower weights every day. I knew I was actually gaining weight but was shocked at how much when I plugged in a replacement battery
    @brightonbelle thanks so much for hosting next month, and @flourbaby for taking on August
    @flourbaby enjoy your cheesecake today
    @stitchincarol I found that if I took too long writing a post it would get lost, perhaps there is a log out function to blame. To be sure I copy my post before hitting submit just in case to avoid the annoyance
    @multipotentialite welcome, this is a great group. I had a similar spell with the start of Covid and being here has really helped
    @at I am definitely trying to make the most of the last few days of the month and looking forward to starting July in the best place possible
    @i-hate-lettuce hope your outings come off, it is nice to have somethings to look forward to. I am off for a MOAM/WOAM hike today! Hope the renos go smoothly!

Day 28 Pocket List
    @bellyblast

Day 28 UK NFD

Trying to have a “controlled “weekend I’ve tried really hard this month and want to see a loss at the end of the month – I’ve set up the July challenge so looking forward to seeing everyone on there shortly , @penz I’ve shamelessly copied your great introduction and @at please add the spreadsheet at your leisure Have a good Sunday all

Day 28, London, UK, NFD,

It’s been a busy day so far, up early and off to the supermarket, a quick visit to my mum and home to prepare a chorizo & mushroom pasta bake. I’ll forgo the wine in favour of the cheesecake, thanks for the reminder @bellyblast, I had forgotten about it!!🙄!

The second half of June has been a little more indulgent, still LFDs, but not putting too much pressure on myself to have controlled NFDs. The less stress the better I suppose, pasta? cheesecake? I hadn’t realised just how much I was restricting my diet!!! That is NOT the 5:2 way, so I’m grateful to be back on the right track!! 🙌

This month’s weigh in WILL be the first showing a loss for a long, long, time, a couple of days on my plan and I’ll see just how successful the LFDs have been. It may not be the double digits I want but I’ve been exercising like a demon and the tape measure💪 will be more honest than the scales!!⚖

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales were still battling as to whether I was 260 or 259 lbs. this morning. I obviously decided to pick the 259 LOL! One more NFD; In any case, I’m getting ready in the next week or two to permanently kiss the 260s good-bye! Now it’s psychological to get to that goal by the 30th! haha

@funshipfreddie Thank you! I still feel like I’m on a mini-plateau, but you’re right — if it’s slowly going down each week, then it’s not a plateau.

@songbirdme @bellyblast Hmmm, battery… I know I replaced it, but I can’t recall how many years ago it has been. That’s a good thing for me to start checking! Good luck on your FD Sunday, BellyBlast!

@flourbaby You’ve got this!

Day 28 Pocket List
    @bellyblast

Day 28 – UK – CD

Hi Everyone

Late posting today. Been very busy cooking, ferrying family etc.

OMAD with a lamb roast dinner followed by strawberries and a small amount of double cream. Really enjoyed it. Tomorrow is a FD. Hoping I can make my 4lbs loss by end of June. Had it for a day then it bounced back up. Bouncing around a bit but hope it soon settles and sticks.

Final push for the last 2 days. Considering making Tuesday an extra FD, will see how it goes.

Thank you @brightonbelle for offering to host July.

Night All.

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Actually doing my OMAD this evening with pizza, salad and a glass of Merlot. Why not? I’ve fasted all day, and now it is 4:40 p.m. so ready to eat!

@funshipfreddie — at least now the bathroom scale is behaving. Maybe it knew I was talking about replacing it? Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Day 29, FD, Aus

Last FD for the month!

Had lovely walk yesterday around the lake with my dad and young dog. It was only 9 degrees but a beautiful still blue day.

Thank you @brightonbelle! I think you’re our only volunteer for July. And thanks @flourbaby for nominating for August.

I now have to wear my glasses when I step on the scale. I prefer not to – that way I can squint and interpret the blurry numbers anyway I want.

Great to read everyone’s posts which leads to a nice simple question: did you reach your goal (whatever that may have been) this month?

Day 29 – Japan – WFD #51

Hard to believe I have over 50 water fasts in only 1/2 though the year. This year I just have to take any little joy where I can find it!

Day 29, Emden Germany, FD

@penz Yes, I did. My goal way to weigh 63 kg at the end of June, this morning my weight was 62.1 kg and I have to more FDs this month. I’m very plased with the result.

Pocket list day 29
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56

Day 29 – Lake District (with emphasis on ‘lakes’ after this weekend!) – FD

Good morning everyone

Wow, after all the nice (dry) weather and having to water the garden not long ago, here we are with the garden looking very sorry for itself, battered by wind and torrential rain over the last few days. However, most of the plants just need a light pruning and will recover reasonably quickly.
    Early start again Mrs IHL’s car in for service this morning, then I’m back on the kitchen project, stripping down the old stuff!

@penz – Yes I achieved my target this month thank you, didn’t put any weight on, lost one pound, result!
    With a couple of birthday weekend feasts and an excess of wine etc, not quite sure I deserve to be at a new low weight, but as we all know this WOL works! Eat drink and be merry, have fun, but not every day. Get back on the FD’s and CD’s and you soon recover from those few days of merriment.

Take care all

Pocket list day 29
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

2nd post

not good at writing this morning, it should be:

@penz Yes, I did. My goal was to weigh 63 kg at the end of June, this morning my weight was 62.1 kg and I have two more FDs this month. I’m very pleased with the result.

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s DH’s birthday so won’t swing an FD today, but will do tomorrow.

We crept away early Saturday for a night in the camper van, a couple of days earlier than “officially” allowed, but so good to walk on the beach, sleep to the sound of waves crashing on the shore, good for the soul.

Lots of treats however, and this mornings jump on the scales meant a very swift and shocking jump back off. So @penz, no, this month I won’t have met my monthly goal. Going to have to try harder in July.

Officially start in my new team today, so training taking place, two days in Dublin tomorrow and Wednesday (going to do Park and Ride though), so life is a bit upside down, but in a good way.

Have a great day all you fasters. Here in Ireland we start Phase 3 and hairdressers, restaurants, bars serving food etc allowed to open for the first time since Mid March!!! Exciting times.

Day 29 – UK – FD

HI EVERYOne

Penultimate day of June challenge today. Scales showing 144.9 which is a close call. I’d like to see 144.5lb tomorrow and then I can claim to have successfully completed my June Challenge for 4lb loss. In addition I’ve logged into this site every single day this month which is a first for me.

Thank you to everyone for your support and @penz for hosting this month. Thank you again to @brightonbelle for volunteering to host July and @flourbaby for offering to host August 🙏

Have a great day Everyone

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – my goal was to stay within 70 – 72 kgs; so I’ve definitely done that. I may have lost a kilo or more; but I only get on the scales after a FD, so I’ll know tomorrow.

Last FD for June! Let’s make it count 💪

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – 2nd Post

Oops? Don’t know how I missed @judyjudes off the list…

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @penz
    @dykask WFD
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Viewing 50 posts - 601 through 650 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.