June 2020 monthly challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2020 monthly challenge

This topic contains 694 replies, has 47 voices, and was last updated by  stitchincarol 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 696 total)

• Day 21, London, UK, LFD

A relatively easy LFD so far since I’ve been so busy. I’m late posting as I’m just back from a supermarket trip after a family visit to the cemetery, to visit my dad for Father’s Day and it would have been his 95th birthday tomorrow, just lovely to see the family outside, socially distanced, but lovely all the same!!! My mum struggled as she just wanted to cuddle all the grandkids!!!

@saffy420, I queued at Waitrose intending to get (amongst other things!) my usual 2x 500g tubs and a small tub of Kri-Kri yoghurt to try, I haven’t had it before, but they only had a 1kg tub, so I ended up with 10 times what I intended, which seemed the lesser of 2 evils when i thought of queuing again at another time just for a small tub!!! It’s a win-win since it should help replenish by gut bacteria murdered by those antibiotics!!! I use quite a lot of Greek yoghurt, for raita, as a mayo substitute in my salads, in overnight oats and ……………………………… mixed with turmeric as a face mask!!!! 😆😁😜😂

@brightonbelle, I might have an ancient kindle too, mine has a keyboard!!! I have a new one too which I also use, but I’m not as attached …………………. Back-up plan at the ready!!!!

@bert1802, welcome back!!! Of course you’re welcome to join us, the more the merrier!!! I’ve been struggling😟 with reacquiring 20lbs😖, but I’ve just had to pull up my big girl pants & get on with it, I forgot all about the flylady system!!! I always remember your monthly endings………………. My favourite being “When someone yells STOP!, I don’t know if it’s in the name of Love, it’s hammer time or I should collaborate and listen” 😂😂

We CAN do this folks, stay strong, the tricky weekend is almost over, although, since WFH ………………….. the days are still blurring!!!

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

Day 22, FD, Aus

Today’s question: what’s your favourite day of the week and why? (Mine would have to be Friday – start of the weekend!)

Day 22 DTF list:
    @penz
    @EmmaTaylor

Day 22 – Japan – WFD #49

I guess I was a bit of a wet blanket. Sorry about that. I’m continuing to fast. We are in the rainy season, it really interferes with outside workouts. I think I was letting it get to me.

There are so many positive things about fasting, I was just letting the minor issues bug me too much. I’ve now gone years without having real weight issues and manage to maintain under a 34″ waist line. That is so much better than where I was. Overall it is easy.

Sorry about my bad mood last week!

2nd post

It wasn’t a bad mood at all @dykask! You’re entitled to a whinge every now and then.

Day 22 pocked list:
    @penz
    @dykask

Day 22 – UK – FD

Hi Everyone

Yesterday ended up a extra FD/OMAD. When cooking a roast I generally only have the one meal late afternoon. When snacks came out of the kitchen last night I resisted. However, I slept poorly and have been awake since 4:00 am. Always struggle to sleep when calories are on the low side. Will nap later given half the chance.

This months goal of a 4lb weight loss is on track; down 3lbs since 1st June.

Favourite day of the week …. Friday. Only because that’s when my OH finishes work and we the weekend to spend together.

Day 22, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 21 NFD

After having a lovely weekend with too much food, it’s time to do a good FD again. I looked back on my tracker and saw I’ve gained 4 kg every year after I had lost almost 19 kg from Jan to June 2017. No wonder my clothes don’t fit anymore. It’s time to get more serious about this.

@bert1802 how lovely to have you back with us again!

My favourite day of the week is Sunday, I like how quiet everything is.

Day 22 pocket list:
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56

Day 22 DTF list:
    @penz
    @emma-taylor

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 22 – second post

Fast is going well, but I did something different because of the rain we have today. I did a bunch of push-ups. Normally I would avoid stressing muscles too much, but decided I should see what happens. I’ll have enough protein tomorrow morning, which is now only 16 hours away. I’ll see if it hurts me or not.

@snowflake56 – I know what have too much good food over the weekend is like!

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Typical Monday weather, cold and rainy, and now summer solstice is over its back to days getting shorter. It’s bright here from before 4am and sun doesn’t set until 10pm followed by a long twilight…so it’s amazing how it all flips around in 6 months so long darkness.

Great to see you back @bert1802

My favourite day of the week is Saturday as I am free to do what I like. I do love Friday and the expectation of the weekend ahead, but Saturday tips it.

Going to be a super busy week with all the training, looking forward to next Friday already 😄

Day 22 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in this morning, have to bottle 5 gallons of beer this morning, before the day warms up!

@penz – has to be Friday for me as well, weigh in day, then my 5:2 ‘day off’, weekends is our time even though we’re both retired!

Take care all

Day 22 pocket list:
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 22 DTF list:
    @penz
    @emma-taylor

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Much-needed FD today; I lost the plot a bit last night with the snacking while watching a movie 😟

@daffodil2010 – good luck with the training this week 🍀

@northgeorgia – I’m sure you’ll see off those 260’s this month, never to return! Stick to the plan and it’s guaranteed 🏋

@penz – favourite day of the week? I’d have to say any day that isn’t a fast day.

Let’s make it a good one, Monday fasters! 🏆

Pocket List – Day 22 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 – UK – FD
    Day 19-21 – NFD

Keeping busy, exercise classes and hiking schedule adhered to and after an indulgent weekend back to what seems to be becoming a regular B2B FD on Monday and Tuesday…..

Joined in for a 2.5hr Summer Solstice Yoga on line workshop on Sunday morning with my regular teacher – amazing to see that 25 of us had booked in 🙏

@funshipfreddie and @flourbaby – KitKat = you either eat 1/3 or the whole thing at a time in my book, usually the whole thing 🤭 Since starting this WOL I have learnt not to keep chocolate/crisps in the house and only buy a small one as a treat once in a while – if it’s in the house it gets eaten…….
    @saffy420 – good to hear that the back pain is starting to ease off – sorry to hear that your kindle took a swim…..
    @michelinme – Happy belated birthday wishes to you – sorry I missed it – good news re chest x-ray not so much with the BP 🤗
    @northgeorgia – great advice given already by @funshipfreddie – Diabetics should really only follow the FD800 diet under medical control – see Dr Mosely’s book PLEASE
    @bert1802 – of course we remember you – we had been wondering where you had got to??? Hop back on that wagon and strap yourself in!!! great to have your sayings back too!!! Yes they did lie!!!
    @betsylee and other Australians – Tim Tams are so yum and much nicer than the Penguin Bars we get here but my all time favourite is Cherry Ripe 😋

@penz
    *what tips and tricks do you incorporate into your day-to-day life to keep tabs on things = no breakfasts ever – 2 meals a day on NFDs and OMAD on FDs – If I feel like snacking I drink a glass of cold water in summer or hot water in winter – use distraction therapy such as calling a friend for a chat, start reading a book or log on here for motivation…
    *what’s your favourite day of the week and why? Strangely mine is Monday when I press my RESET button after that indulgent weekend – feels like a a new beginning and so always motivates me for the week!

Let’s make it a good one, Monday fasters! 🏆 I’m definitely joining the Monday Pocket list and this week also the DTF List ☕️

Pocket List – Day 22 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

Day 22 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 22 FD UK
    Good morning.
    Favourite day used to be Sunday with lie in and nowhere to go. Now all days are the same.
    Had a good weekend. Put on the 4oz lost and then scales today say 4oz lost so back where I started on Friday. This is spite of a slice of cake yesterday at Father’s Day meet up plus a lot of strawberries.
    Very cloudy here and cool but when there is a break it warms up in the sun. Forecast is we will be in the 30’s on Wednesday which is too hot for me, I’m like the baby bear, like it not too hot and not too cold.
    Trying to work hard this month as it’s my birthday on 4th July and we always go out with friends for a nice meal with champagne and plan to indulge myself.
    Am slowly getting to know some of the names on this site but by reading the posts some of you have been on the journey or maintaining for some time. I can see the logic in keeping in contact as it makes it less likely to go down the slippery slope. You all pull each other along.
    Strength and determination to everyone.

Day 22 UK FD

Very pleased with myself – first time in ages I’ve managed to stay a stable weight over the weekend Raring to go for the rest of the week – want to up my exercise- @jaifaim you’ve left me in the dust on planks I’ve been 3.5mins for a few weeks but you’ve inspired me to reach a bit further hope to join you on 4 mins by Friday

Favourite day Friday although I have to admit like @at I’ve come to enjoy Monday’s. – here’s hoping for a great week for us all Good to see some “oldies “ rejoin
    Pocket List – Day 22 🍏
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22 Brazil FD

@northgeorgia thanks for the advice! I’ll start using 1-2 pickles a day.

This group is very supportive, I am motivated just by reading some posts. I’ve never been in a diet group like this before.

I completed 1 week since I started with the 5:2 diet, but unfortunately I only lost 400g/0.8lb. It’s some progress, but I expected more. I will reduce my calories to 600 on the FDs and try to eat more responsible on NFDs. I aim to lose between 0.7kg/1.5lb and 1kg/2lb per week. Today I’ll make my third FD and I believe I’m more prepared.

Day 22. FD

DTF is definitely working for me. I’m also doing OMAD every day, usually eating from 5 till 10 ( not eating the whole five hours, obviously, however tempting that is…). Thought I’d give it a try. Not sure if it counts as a FD every day, but it doesn’t really matter what it’s called. Seems to be doable, but I think I have to wait a while before I get results….

Day 22 – USA/GA – FD

Good morning! Thanks, folks, for your encouragement. I maintained 260 all weekend except that 261 post-FD Friday! This may be my week to re-base in the 250s (fingers crossed!). My dad is stubborn, y’all. There’s nothing we can say or do; he’ll have to realize it for himself, unfortunately.

I know many of us are on FD today, so good luck, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator

Day 22 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22 – USA – NFD

Hello, all newbies and vets! I haven’t posted in ages but I’m still maintaining between 133 and 137 as an average with a low-carb, moderate protein and healthy fat regimen. I started out the month hula-hooping, light weights and a little jump rope, but I slacked off. Hopefully will be more consistent in the near future.

Day 22 – USA – NFD (second post)

@penz, can you add me to the spreadsheet even though it’s late in the month? I’ve been maintaining over a year now, and asked to be put on the June challenge; must have slipped through the cracks! Thank you in advance!

Day 22……. Florida……CD

I did well yesterday, I even got in the pool and did some exercise….. I’m really feeling it this morning! I had a hard time settling in to slumber but once I got there I slept hard. A good night sleep was so needed…… I really have not been sleeping well! I think that adds to my constant need to eat.

It’s a CD because for the next two days, I’m off of work but will be taking some day trips. Quarantine is being lifted and were just trying to get caught up on all the crap, we were unable to do and all the stuff that got canceled on us.

Cool thing is my freezer is nearly empty and tomorrow we have an appt., in the area, so we’re going to my favorite store…..Trader Joe’s…… it’s a little over an hour away. We normally try and go once a month and we have not been since March! I’m excited!

Any who back to what I was saying….. Since, were going to be out until late, we will eat out…..I’ll eat something healthy but I don’t want to stress myself out and tumbled off the wagon again……
    hubby and I talked about it…..I’m going to do OMD and the restaurants we have chosen are very user friendly with many lower calorie options.

My favorite day of the week…… any day I’m not working! Lol

Grow up they said….. become an adult, it will be fun, you can have ice cream for dinner…. They LIED!

Day 22 Canton OH WFD

I have been involved in some very stressful family events recently and completely lost it with my diet and exercise. So many recent traumatizing events and I am still trying to navigate my way out of it.

I need a system reset, and extended fasts will not work for where I am now, however I know that I can commit to ADF -water-fasting on my fast days, logging my meals on non fast days, and staying accountable by posting every day.

One day at a time. I planned to go for a run this morning to clear my head, but rain got in the way. No worries tomorrow is another day, one day at a time. It is time for self care

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator
    @basyjames

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Hmmm…I wrote a long post, and it’s not here. So here’s the short version: the weekend went well, I love most days, and I wish a laser focus on your goals with an abundance of determination! 🙂

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

Day 22 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22 Second post

Two questions. First, for those of you using Leslie Sansone’s walks, how do you do that? Do you have videos? Watch on YouTube? Something else? Recommendations on where to start?

Second, where’s the spreadsheet???

🙂 Thanks!

Day 22 Canada NFD

I’m busy with work and often out the door super early so haven’t been posting as regularly as I would like. Here is spirit though!

Had such a long work day on Saturday it turned into a FD:)

@basyjames take lots of self care
    @penz I love Sunday at the moment, it is my only day off

Second post on FD
    Fast day not going to plan at the moment, a bit hit and miss as feeling a little under the weather but hopefully will come in with some loss fingers crossed.

2nd post

I’m hungry but stopped eating at 240cals.

@metatauta welcome back!

@dykask it would be so nice if I only had to much food in the weekends. I also seem to overdo it on NFDs.

@annabelle48 just try to stay as low as you can.

@basyjames take care of yourself.

@stitchincarol the link to the spreadsheet is on page 1, 3rd post @at made the spreadsheet.

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @emma-taylor
    @annabelle48

Day 22 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Stay strong my fellow fasters!

2nd Post

@stitchincarol I put Leslie Sansone into YouTube search bar and numerous sessions come up. Today for example I chose ‘2 Mile Sweat’, it’s one of Leslies Team Walk, Walk at Home vids.

Day 22, London, UK, NFD

So today started off as planned with an early lunch of Greek yoghurt with apple chunks, after 11am yoga …………………. Then all hell broke loose and I fell into a bag of coated peanuts!!! I don’t know why I buy them when I’m convinced they’re coated in crack!!! C’est la vie, LFD tomorrow should eradicate the bloat. @basyjames, you and I are on the same ADF road just on differing schedules, I hope your fast today goes well!!! That sense of control will help with dealing with the stress, take care 🙏

@penz, I think Saturdays are my favourite, since I take my foot off of the gas a little but remain focussed since it’s the day I plan my week’s meals. 🍗🌽🍤……….🍰😜

@stitchincarol, these are the walks I had initially bookmarked in order of preference, I’ve now moved on to 3-5 mile walks, but revisit these now and again, enjoy ………………
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYITYwvPAQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQXg5V7y2Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ggHwtb-Zg

I’m not looking forward to dinner as much as I would have, had I not devoured so many peanuts!!! I’m calling today my ‘day off’ ……………………. At least I didn’t crack open a bottle of vino!!!! 🍷 🍷 🍷

Onward & downwards folks!!!!

Day 22 Third post

@snowflake56, thanks for the link!
    @basyjames, sympathy for your family stress, and encouragement for your 5:2 efforts!
    @annabelle48 Did you ever click on the link in @penz‘s initial post this month? There are some GREAT posts from @simcoeluv. Here’s that link again: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/ I actually clicked on that this morning, and then clicked on every single link he provided, and learned lots, and laughed, too, at his humor. I think you’ll find lots of encouragement there for the concept of slow and steady wins the race; just don’t give up because this DOES work.

Day 22 UK FD

Popping in late to add myself to pocket list. I’ll catch up with posts tomorrow -spinach still needs planting out!

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @emma-taylor
    @annabelle48
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme

Day 22 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22, UK, FD

Day is going good so far. I do feel hungry more than I am usually, but I plan to keep going. I can eat tomorrow! 🙂

@saffy420, @daffodil2010, @penz thank you for the words of support ♥️

@bert1802 welcome back 🙂

@basyjames I hope your family dramas come to an end and you sail into a calmer waters soon 🙏

@stitchincarol I play Youtube video of the exercise on my TV, find it the easiest option. If you can’t play it on tv you can play it on your PC, as long as you can see what they are doing so you can follow. I like this one, its nice and short:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaNUjTR70A

Have a good day/evening everyone 🌞

Pocket List – Day 22
    @penz
    @dykask
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @champinator
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol
    @emma-taylor
    @annabelle48
    @northgeorgia
    @michelinme
    @shinything

Day 22 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 22 USA (Illinois) NFD

We’ve decided to have a once-a-summer ice cream sundae supper at our local Dairy. For me it will be a baby turtle (from the candy – chocolate, caramel, toasted pecans) that will fill up the rest of my day calories.

Being retired, most every day can be the same as any other. But I generally have Silver Sneakers M/W/F so I suppose Thursday is my favorite day. I count on staying home, doing laundry, cooking a good dinner, etc. I don’t mind one bit just being home.

@metatauta – great to see you back

@bert1802 – I love Trader Joe’s as well — enjoy your fill up there!

@basyjames – hope your family difficulties get resolved and better soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 23, NFD, Aus

It was a big pocket list yesterday – how did everyone go? I was promising myself a burger and chips for lunch today. Now I don’t feel like having that at all!

That’s a lot of beer to bottle, @Ihatelettuce; hope it went well.

I could easily have a KitKat in the house (indeed OH who does the weekly grocery shopping has stocked up on chocolate lately) for months without temptation. But as soon was one packet is opened, the whole lot goes. It’s no 1/3 for me!

@at I think you’re our only Monday-lover but seems like BrightonBelle is a v close second. (And I do love a Cherry Ripe too.)

@champinator – you’re doing well! 0.8lb loss might not seem like a lot, but it’s still a loss! You’re moving in the right direction.

How was your mum’s start to 5:2, @northgeorgia? Did you Dad join in too?

Welcome back @metatauta. I’m a spreadsheet gumby but my partner in host, AT, will I’m sure stick you on.

Hello @basyjames. You know how this works. Look after you first; 5:2 will wait. You’ve got a plan (good for you!) but be gentle with yourself. Let us know how we can help (sending you virtual hugs!)

@Stichincarol – Leslie on You Tube! I set up my laptop and off I go. I just started with the first one that came up on the search engine, but you can choose between 10 minute, 20 minute, half an hour or 45 minute workouts. The “boosted” walks are a little more challenging so you may want to defer those for a while; or have a look! The great thing about her classes is you can really do it at your own pace.

@flourbaby – eating (note: I did not say devouring!) peanuts and NOT cracking open a bottle of wine sounds like excellent self-control in my books.

Day 23 DTF list:
    @penz
    @EmmaTaylor

Today’s question: what’s your favourite food? Sweet or savoury? (I’m going to have to think what is mine…)

Day 23 – Japan – NFD

Ending my water fast at 37 hours. It was pretty easy this time, but my arms are really sore from the push-ups. 😀

Day 23. OMAD London UK

Keep sticking me on the DTF list, @penz. Suits me fine. Tho I did get carried away with some white wine on Friday…

Favourite food is melon. I could live on it. Except Galia melons which are too musty.

Day 23 – 2nd post

I was really confused by the DTF lists … (Dry Till Friday)

Ha! I was trying to figure out what it meant.

Don’t Trick Fasters?
    Do Tickle Fasters?
    Dinner Time Fasting?
    Huh?

Glad it is just a new one! Maybe someone else missed the definition too. It sounds like a good step for people to take.

Day 23, Emden Germany, CD

I don’t think I have a favourite food, there is nothing I would like to eat every day.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 23 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Great FD yesterday, was easy being busy, the bottling session was easy, but had some carpentry to do in the storage cupboard, one of the shelves had sagged due to the weight, however that with bread experiment, put the morning in quickly. Afternoon walk, well we’re usually morning marchers so by the time the walk was done so was most of the day, which made for an easier than ever FD.

@penz – Bread making is another of my favourite pastimes, so much variety and ways of using it, would have to say bread would be my ‘all rounder’ as a favourite. Special treat favourite, seafood!

Heading off for an earlyish start and a walk in the central Lakes, which we never do in summer as it’s usually busy, but with visitor numbers down, going to give it a shot!

Take care all

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Off on my trip to Dublin in the rain…nothing like city centre commuter traffic in the rain 😨 Oh well.

@penz I am definitely a savoury person, can swerve sugary sweet stuff most of the time, but savoury and salty food can be difficult for me.

Day23 FD Ire

Hello, I’m fasting today but trying to get myself out of the bed. Will have to do some serious positive self talk and maybe some visualisation. I could even go back asleep!!! My life is a bit crazy at the moment. Am getting work done in the house as my ceiling has a hole in it from a leak nobody can find so we had to cut a section away. The knock on of course is all more work and dirt ,dust and mess. It drives me nuts . I think I’ll hide in bed today it will be easy not to eat 😉

Day 23 – Ireland – CD

Hi all, so… I was right not to celebrate on Friday as my bobbing days are not over…. WILL THEY EVER BE??? 😢😂😢
    I was thrilled that on Friday morning I’d dropped 2lbs but today I’m back up those 2lbs and back to just above my end May weight… I’ve been out and about all weekend. Cycling, hiking & walking. I will be honest I have had a few treats as you do when you’re cycling and hiking but no alcohol and really I didn’t go overboard. My good friend, who I met on Sunday, did comment on my shape which is great 🎉 so I know the right things are happening I am just again getting frustrated with the scales ⚖️.

Yesterday was a FD but I didn’t get to post as we had an eventful day with my parents but all ok thank god 💕 and I’ll go for a CD today and a LFD maybe tomorrow as I’m off work later in the week and have long cycles planned.

@brightonbelle you’re just behind me! And I didn’t plank for the past two days so I’d better keep at it… 👌
    Hi @metatauta good to have you back!
    @basyjames sending you hugs… family can be the best but also at times the worst for your wellbeing… I hope everything settles for you soon 💕
    @daffodil2010 bon commute 👍

Have a good day all! 🎉
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday. I was already thinking about food around 4pm after a long walk, but I managed to hold off until 6pm.

@northgeorgia – I think you said over the weekend you were having problems with your digital bathroom scales? I got my current one a couple of years ago, and I haven’t had a problem with it. It’s German-made, ‘Beurer’ and it wasn’t very expensive. I’m sure you can get them on Amazon.

I was just reading this article by journalist Jenni Murray, who’s battled with her weight her whole life. After reaching almost 340lb she had gastric bypass surgery a few years ago, when she was in her mid-sixties and lost 140lb. Makes me SO glad I found 5:2. Fast days don’t seem so bad when you consider the alternative.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-8447969/Broadcaster-JENNI-MURRAY-reveals-surgery-helped-lose-10-stone.html

@penz – what’s my favourite food?! Can I only pick one? This is a toughie; could be a long post! My 3 vices are cheese, chocolate and salted peanuts. I couldn’t even pick just one of those! But then I love fruit too, any kind. My Mum used to make the most amazing cauliflower cheese. She would bake it in individual dishes so that each one had a nice, brown, crispy top and serve it as an entrée. But then when I visit my friend in the Eastern Cape and she asks me what I’d most like for dinner, I always say cottage pie; and she knows I’m going to say that before she’s even asked me. So, nothing fancy; I just like good, plain food. Anything tastes great after a fast day.

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @dee22

Day 23 – DTF List ☕️
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 23 nothing day Uk

Yesterday was not a success. Not feeling well, gut trouble which plagues me from time to time. It goes eventually after about 5 days so just sort of existing until then.
    On the plus side I didn’t put any weight on so glass half full for me. If I just manage to stay as I am I’ll take that as a plus.
    Unfortunately I won’t reach my target by my birthday next month but that’s life. No use sweating about it.
    Will enjoy reading your posts and successes in the meantime.
    Will be back on the wagon shortly.

Day 23 – UK – NFD

Hello Everyone

Previous 2 days were FDs which is a first for me. Easier when it’s hotter weather. On NFDs I remain mindful of what I eat and portion size. Strangely weight up a 1lb since yesterday. Might be due to increased activity. Yesterday I did a Leslie Sansone vid as well as my usual yoga practice. Can feel it today and also have numbness in feet/fingers so will take it easy today apart from a few yoga stretches.

@penz Favourite food? To be honest I prefer savoury but I am hard pressed to think of an absolute favourite. I do love Brussels sprouts with chopped chestnuts and bacon sautéed in butter 😋

Take care everyone.

Day 23 Canton OH CD

Thank you so much everyone for your kind words and virtual hugs

I was able to go for a run this morning and it felt so good to run free. The sunrise was so beautiful this morning and it gave me a boost.

great to see you @bert1802, I missed your endings

@flourbaby good to know I have an ADF buddy

Favorite food? I love warm soft, doughy, yeast rolls – it’s my Kryptonite! Everything else, I can walk away from. When I fall off the wagon, I enjoy cakes but I can get tired of it easily.

I am also aiming for 15,000 steps a day. So even though I went for run this morning, I will join Leslie Sansone for a 3 mile walk at noon.

I also enjoy reading simcoeluv’s posts, they were always very strongly worded and passionate. @simcoeluv are you still out there? 😁

Day 23, UK NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well, in work till 2 pm and decided to do OMAD so I had a chicken salad later. Over the weekend we went to see my folks. We had a lovely visit and but we came home with half a chocolate cake, sent by my SIL for Father’s Day, also a bag of chocolates bars and a box of caramel toffees. You can see that all of my family have sweet teeth and why I need to lose so much weight. The toffees have been given away, the cake is in the freezer and the chocolates are in the shed – I know they’re there but it’s too much of a faff to get them.

@penz from that you can probably tell my favourite food is chocolate and anything sweet. I always say my “ normal “ eating isn’t too bad if I could just leave out the sweets.
    @bert1802, welcome back – I came back here after acquiring about 25 lbs last year. Best decision ever.

Thank you to everyone for asking about my back, it’s much better and I’m getting about a bit more.

Today is a NFD, we’re planning to do some shopping in town, we both had lockdown birthdays and money is really burning a hole waiting to be spent. However, with no fixed holiday plans there’s nothing I really want and I’m not that enthusiastic.

Happy Tuesday everyone.

Day 23, London, UK, LFD,

I really can’t be too disappointed in my peanut shenanigans yesterday, my LFDs have been going soooo well that a little slip here or there is nothing to beat myself up about. Today IS another day and it’ll, no doubt, be a successful LFD!!! 🏆

@champinator, just think, 0.8lbs per week will be 20.8lbs in 6 months or 41.6lbs in a years time!!!! 🙌 Don’t lose faith, 6 months to a year is very little time in the BIG scheme of things!!! ⛅

Congratulations @emma-taylor, your mojo appears to be firmly in place …………………………. Perhaps because there aren’t any gastronomic holidays to navigate??? 😂😂

@penz, I’m not sure there’s enough space to note my favourite foods!!!! However, ‘gun to head’ answer would have to be the muffins my mum used to make us for breakfast as a child, I’ve almost nailed the recipe, but it’s missing that elusive nameless mum thing!!!!………………… And, yes, those muffins may have been the originator of my childhood nickname!!! I have to say that despite the health benefits of fasting, most of us are here because we don’t have just one favourite food, but many, many, many favourite foods!!!!! 😁😜😂 Bread & butter, cheese, nuts, cake, wine………………….. the list is endless!!!! 😳

Happy fasting folks!!!

“You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.”

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

A small dip back to 259 today… come on, June goal, got to stabilize haha

Looks like I did lose another half inch of waistline, so that’s good!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the recommendation. I’ll look for that brand on Amazon.

@penz Yes, both my parents started the 5:2 yesterday; a little hungry, but not so bad they said. My mom was able to sneak my dad all kinds of things as he felt hungry though — sure, it’s OK to have some applesauce or a fruit cup, yes, let’s eat a piece of lean baked chicken, oh, you can have a potato, just not a lot; half a cup of sweet tea is OK. I’m sure he went over 800 calories, but considering his situation, that’s the least of our worries. She’s smart that way! But she said she thinks it will be a lot easier for her to stick to the 5:2 than she imagined.

Pocket List – Day 23
    @dee22
    @flourbaby

Day 23 – DTF List
    @penz
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 23 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 22 FD950

Hurrah this morning, finally tipped over into the 60s – 69.9kg, but not quibbling, it’s still got a 6 at the start. Look out @michelinme, the race is on again! Oh, do let us know how your tests go.

@funshipfreddie, chuckled to read of your favourite day being any day that isn’t a FD.

@penz, my favourite day of the week tends to be Sunday, because there’s church, then I give myself permission to just relax and do what I feel like doing, instead of thinking about my study or gardening or other tasks which need doing. Sunday is my DAY OFF.
    Sweet or savoury? Unfortunately, sweet, which tends to have more “bad for you” calories. In particular, chocolate and ice-cream are my strongest temptations. That’s why I like 5:2, because you can still fit the occasional indulgence in through the week. I don’t like most alcoholic drinks, so I don’t indulge there, but ice-cream? Oh dear!

@at, Cherry Ripes, huh? Okay, but Violet Crumbles are more my taste (like Crunchie bars, only nicer – not that I’m biased! 🙂 ).

Okay, let’s get away from the food and back to steely determination on the downward path!

Stay safe, stay well, everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 696 total)

You must be logged in to reply.