June 2017 30 Day Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
June 2017 30 Day Challenge

This topic contains 1,893 replies, has 168 voices, and was last updated by  Onahealthyhigh 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,651 through 1,700 (of 1,895 total)

• Second post,

Wanted to wish you and yours the very best PashaW. Sepsis is a horror, my grandson battled it and it was so scary. He came through it just fine (he was 14) with only a mild heart issue – praying your husband recovers well with no lasting effects.

Also a couple of questions, when one talks about going to their allotment to do gardening, etc. – what does that mean? It is a place in the country or a community setting or what?

Also when one mentions having jelly at the end of a meal – what does that mean? Here jelly is something like grape or strawberry or something that is spread on toast, etc.

I love the international flavor of this board.

Days 24, 25–NFD
    Day 26–FD

I reached my June goal but the new challenge is staying here until the end of the month without gaining the weight back. We are going on vacation June 30-July 4 and I’ll probably not fast at all–exactly the opposite, in fact–since we’ll be in LA where there are tons of great cafes and restaurants.

If I don’t gain too much back, I think I’ll be able to get to my ultimate goal at the end of July, even if it means a B2B or B3B. Then the real hard work of maintenance.

Pocket list day 26:

@dykask
    @mila69
    @lagrandebouffe
    @fatrabbit
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @jarbia
    @strawberriesandcream
    @cream-tea
    @pippapah
    @krisnia
    @debster251
    @taraga
    @chumi
    @keetseel

Day 26, Gozo Malta, fd

I’m 67.2 kilos this morning and it’s my last weight in for this month. Early Wednesday morning we travel for a four day trip to Sicily. I’ll report here on Sunday. On Sunday we celebrate my granddaughter fourth birthday.

This month I’ve not gained nor lost weight.

Today I fast for 750 calories.

Onwards and downwards have a great evening everyone

Day 26 -NFD

Back from hols – good time had by all, including fabulous meals accompanied by copious amounts of 🍷Now back to it!!! Will plan 2 FDs for the end of this month but think I’ll be more focused for next month’s challenge. Thankfully we’re all in it together 😊

Day 26-Montreal- NFD

@lindasue community gardens are called allotments in the U.K. Jelly for us is jello to you, we call your jelly, jam!

Hello day 26 fd! Uk Co Down
    I’m back 👋 sorry I was missing in action for a week or thereabouts. I’ll post more later this evevening xx

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

I am considering joining a gym and the have Yoga classes. Should I consider Yoga? I see many of you taking or teaching Yoga. What is the health benefits and why so many people are turning to Yoga?

Day 26 – SW WA USA – FD

Pocket list day 26:

@dykask
    @mila69
    @lagrandebouffe
    @fatrabbit
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @jarbia
    @strawberriesandcream
    @cream-tea
    @pippapah
    @krisnia
    @debster251
    @taraga
    @chumi
    @keetseel
    @annemarilyn

@fivetwofan5252 – congratulations on achieving your goal! and while on vacation even!

@Krinia – for the fat bomb, I read several recipes and have made some twice now. Measuring isn’t that important. I mashed about a total cup of raspberries and strawberries, added in about 1/2 a cup of cream cheese and some liquid stevia – 2 or 3 droppers. I put this last batch of 8 into an ice-cube tray and stuck them into the freezer. They were easy to pop out. So refreshing! I’m storing them in a ziplock bag in the freezer now.

Day 26 Oregon USA NFD
    Back from a fun filled weekend away. The scales are up this morning, very disappointed.
    Tomorrow I have to go in to Portland to get medical test results. I want to fast but feeling anxious about test results.

2nd Post
    Appointment for test results rescheduled for Thursday. I will plan a FD for tomorrow.

Day 26 – USA – NFD

Sorry internet playing up soooooooo slow so will post tomorrow x

Day 27/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Day 27 – UAE – NFD

Day 26 Massachusetts USA FD This was a successful FD. I ate nothing between 9am and 5pm. I used to do 3 small meals/day but I’m finding it easier to just avoid food and focus on other things for 8 hours. I had cereal and fruit for breakfast and veggie stir fry with lean pork for dinner. It was over cauliflower rice. I had 1/2 piece of chocolate with my evening tea. While I look forward to Friday’s weigh-in, ultimately the numbers aren’t as important as the fact that I feel and look better. Carry on fellow Fasters!

@lmrenfrey – your results are amazing! You are inspiring!

Day 27 * Germany * NFD

Day 27 NFD country West Australia
    @taraga. For me, yoga is a really great way of exercising.
    There is a lot of benefit in the poses making one more flexible over time.
    I use a lot of yoga poses for my clients with back pain.
    It is good for posture.
    If done in conjunction with the correct breathing it can also be beneficial for this as most of us are ‘rubbish’ breathers only using the top part of our lungs instead of their whole capacity.
    I actually take an exercise class which I call ‘yogalates’ incorporating yoga, pilates , stretching, resistance work, and whatever else we feel like on the day!

Day 27
    West Midlands UK
    FD

Day 27 UK FD

Yesterday’s fast day didn’t end well as I somehow convinced myself that I needed a bowl of cottage cheese with nut and seeds on it after I had eaten all my calories. So scales are up this morning to 79.7 kg, but still under 80kg so I’m not too bothered, will try again today. Masses of work to do again, so it won’t be difficult until evening and then I can tell myself that I can eat tomorrow which I couldn’t yesterday. Back to backs don’t work well for me.

Day 27 Newcastle UK FD.
    Keeping these AFD going 2 left for this challenge. Cold and wet here in Newcastle feels like a comfort food day.i will resist my apple does look like a lovely bowl of lamb stew with large slices of crusty bread and butter 🤣 well I’ll keep telling myself that.
    Have a great day everyone.

Day27 NFD
    Cornwall
    FD was yesterday weigh-in this morning -.5kg only one FD left for me this month everything about the 5:2 is working for me since I started in April I have lost 8.4kg. Happy weigh-in to all.

Day 27 FD
    Scotland

Day 23,24,25,26 NFD – not at all controlled!

Really hungry already. Got the water on standby and my lunch of salad/veg made too which should help.

I know I can do it.

I am still reading everything and find all your comments helpful, often funny and very reassuring that I’m not alone! Thank you x

Day 27 – UK – NFD

DAY 27 – Cumbria UK – FD

A very wet morning for my regular Tuesday AM walk today ☂️

Yesterday ended up being under 800cal day with a great yoga class last night to follow on from that wonderful workshop on Sunday – had nothing to eat after a healthy brunch with OH in the morning! Planning a strong FD today.

Will catch up with the posts later today as I have to get ready now to go meet the gang for our walk – hope the rain eases off……..

Catch up later

Day 27 UK NFD. Good fast yesterday,and I’m hoping I’ve got my sense of perspective back, I’ve got a target weight in my head and whether it takes a month or a year to achieve I’m not bothered. I’m going to continue to fast 2 days a week and concentrate more on health and happiness .

@at your posts are an inspiration, thank you

@taraga Yoga is not a competitive sport, it’s up to you how much you challenge yourself,for me it’s invigorating and very helpful in terms of relaxing and as @lilymartin advised the breathing benefits are amazing – try it x

Day 27: Hampshire, UK -NFD

Sorry didnt get a chance to post yesterday: DAY 26 – FD

I have officially lost all the weight I put on during my holiday taking me back to 69.4kg, I did 4:3 last week. I am happy to have lost it but I’m a little gutted that I wasn’t able to loose more in June, I still have 2 more fasting days in June as I am doing 4:3 this week too so with some luck I’ll get to 69kg, I would be happy with that. This will be the point where my body really doesn’t like to shed more weight so it will be a challenge to drop from 69kg but I love this diet and so I plan to continue as normal and see where it takes me.

When I started, I had set my target weight to 68kgs but I think I want to loose a little more so I plan to just keep going once I hit 68kgs and see when I feel comfortable.

Can I check whats the plan for July? who’s running the July challenge?

Hope everyone is having great results for June, can’t wait to read about everyone’s weight loss in a few days!!

Day 27, Northumberland UK, Controlled day

Think I’m just going to try and get some control for the remainder of the month. Really don’t need to lose any more weight, but need to not slip into the bad habits with the sweet stuff and no will power.

Wet here today, and for the next few days if forecast is to be believed, so the soup may have to be back out.

Day 27, London, UK, FD …………… (yeah!!!!)

Ok, so I’m just a bit excited that today is a FD, @at I’m definitely with you for a FD today!!!! Great post too!!

I fell off the wagon a bit over the weekend, the mind was weak!!! @jarbia, you can join me in re-mounting the wagon whenever you’re ready, we can locate that missing mojo, no problem!!! I’ve been re-reading my old posts for inspiration too, although I sometimes feel a bit foolish for the slip-up considering how positive some of my old posts are.

@redrockgirl302………. I’m 3lbs in 3 days, unbelievable, I met my target, I celebrated, so I’m now 3lbs above target…….. Doh!!!!! Todays’ target is 500cals and 3-4L water, I’ve just GOT to flush the excess fat/ salt/ water from my system too!!!! Good luck!!

@awilson, fingers crossed for the test results, I hope all is well. With me anxiety leads to a loss of appetite, funny how we all differ!!!

Still pushing to the end of this months’ challenge…………after all; ……… what else can I do, keep the faith people!!!!!!

Day 27, UK, FD
    Day 2 of B2B

Day 27 Belfast NFD (CD)

Day 27, Newcastle UK, FD

Morning all!
    @jarbia – a little break to take the pressure off will likely do the trick and hopefully a new month and a new start will bring your mojo back. Enjoy your birthday celebrations. @FivewoFan5252 – congratulations!! @krisnia – A lovely day and a great result – what’s not to like! 🙂 @keetseel – well done to you – you can enjoy your vacation knowing the wagon awaits your return. @anna6 – have a super holiday and family celebration in Sicily – look forward to hearing about it. @tlc2 – welcome back and yes you’re right about us all being in it together – what a difference it makes. @awilson – we’ll be with you in spirit on Thursday – hope all goes the way you wish. @creamtea – yay!!!! @brightonbelle – that’s a really positive attitude – good on you.

FD went fine yesterday – more like 800 than 500 but happy with that. Thanks @at – I’m hanging onto you and feeling quietly confident that all is not as bad as I had imagined. No visitors or meals out this week mean I have no excuses not to have a really positive last week to our challenge. Self control, self control, self control………………

“I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.” – Stephen Covey.

Day 27 – UK – FD

Hi everyone,

@pashaw – sorry to hear your husband is so unwell. I hope he feels better soon.
    @at – I love your posts you are truly an inspiration to us all. Thank you for staying on our forum and giving us all the benefit of your wisdom on this WOL
    @taraga – I was very skeptical about yoga, however, I have now realised as I get older, the more strength and muscle tone I have around my bones the better I will be prepared for old age. I used to think cardio, cardio, cardio to use up calories. Now I do a mixture of yoga, pilates, walking, dancing and some strength training. I think it is really about what we eat mostly for weight loss, the exercise is for our health.

I had a wonderful long weekend celebrating my wedding anniversary, probably celebrated too much but heyho. I’m back today to do 3 good fast days to end the month. I will not be at my target for June but I’m very happy with what I have lost so far, since I started towards the end of April I have lost about 8kgs or so.

Have a great day everyone.

Day 27 – 🇬🇧- FD 😊

Day 27 Australia NFD

Day 27 – 🇺🇸 (Utah visiting) -NFD

Yesterday turned into a FD at 700 calories since I got busy in the morning, apple for lunch, then pretty sensible dinner. It was 100′ here near Salt Lake City, so granddaughter and I spent the day at the pool. It’s Silver Sneakers class this morning while they do a trampoline park, then easy rest of the day. I’m pretty hungry this morning, so will have my full eggs with veggies, meat, & cheese breakfast.

Being here at my daughter’s, I can’t weigh daily, but will do so at the gym. I am confident that my body is still maintaining well. I absolutely refuse to gain anything back!

@redrockgirl302 – I bet you’ll easily lose all that you held onto at the Arts Festival.

@coda – looking forward to hearing from you once the internet gets back to normal!

@-Rachel- — Thanks for your translation of British English for us Americans! We have jello, jelly and jam that are all different items. Jam has real fruit incorporated, but jelly is clear. Jello can have limitless add-ins if desired but the plain is clear also. Fascinating. I adore this international community.

Congratulations, Kiwis, on winning America’s Cup.

Onward and downward!

Day 27 USA-WA NFD
    Plan for today is to stick with LCHF and keep it up through the end of the month, along with fasting via 16:8. This plan seems to be suiting me right now.
    @annemarilyn thanks for the recipe. I’m planning on making some today!
    @taraga I am a yoga teacher and I also teach a form of cardio dance called Nia. I love the combination. Yoga has all the benefits others have mentioned, there are MANY forms of yoga these days, and you will build strength, focus, and it teaches you to engage your core muscles, along with stretching tight muscles. I like the discipline of the practice. Nia is great cardio, you do it at your level, and it’s a fun way to get cardio but it’s low/non-impact. I teach as a part of a healthy living class at our local hospital, and the thing they focus on there is to find an exercise form (or two) that fit into your lifestyle and that you enjoy enough that you will do them regularly. I find that when you find a group of people you get to know and you like seeing them, the group helps to keep people coming, and people don’t want to miss! Good luck and let us know what you find that works for you!

Hello friends. I’m back from hols and I missed you all. Totally over indulged while I was away, I knew I would get back on track when I returned because of this forum. I haven’t had the courage to step on the scales yet, I did start b2b fasts right away to regain control and detox my system. So far I’m liking what I see in the mirror. Will weigh in on Friday for an actual number.congrats @fivetwofan5252 for meeting your goal while on vacation. That is a testament to your will power.congrats to anyone who has stayed the course so far. Celebrate all your successes big and small, be good to yourself. All we have is today, yesterday is gone so no need for regrets.
    Adding myself to the pocket fasters
    Pocket list day 26:
    @dykask
    @mila69
    @lagrandebouffe
    @fatrabbit
    @brightonbelle
    @lmrenfrey
    @jarbia
    @strawberriesandcream
    @cream-tea
    @pippapah
    @krisnia
    @debster251
    @taraga
    @chumi
    @keetseel
    @annemarilyn
    @basyjames 3rd of 5 b2b FD
    Let’s make today awesome

Day 27 UK NFD (or possibly my first b2b)

Yesterday’s FD went well, kept to under 500 cals. Since Sunday I’ve started with really bad toothache and earache so not sure if it’s an ear infection or tooth infection. Anyway it’s off to the dentist in about half an hour. So not looking forward to that. As I was in a meeting all morning and only just got home I’ve not had anything to eat yet. Don’t want anything before Dr Evil gets his hands on my mouth so might wait till tea time . If I go with my small quiche and salad plus a yoghurt I’ll be just over 600cals for the day. I’ve never done b2b before so am just waiting to collapse from hunger pangs or miraculously lose a stone overnight.

Wish me well fellow fasters. I feel a big bill coming on!

Day 27 Chicago, Illinois USA – NFD

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Hello, lovely people,

My FD morphed into a NFD yesterday, no weight gain this morning and consistently less fat on the scales. Might be my almost every day 12 miles I walked recently. More muscles, less fat= higher numbers on scales.
    Today my vacation with DH starts and he likes to indulge in the homemade pies and cinnamon rolls at our favorite National Park. He says, it is summer, it is fun time. True, and we are hiking.
    We don’t have internet at our cabin but I have 4G. So, I will be connected and check in with all of you so that I will not fall off the wagon totally. 😅😅😅

Looking forward to the July challenge although my birthday is coming up…
    Oh boy, well, I keep working on it…

Have a great Tuesday! 😊😊😊😊😊

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD.
    Yesterday was a 16/8, the best I’ve done for a long time. Had no breakfast, as suggested by @at, hoping for a fast day (the first since 8th March), but caved in after returning from work. Oh well….will try again tomorrow.

Day 27–ABQ–NFD?

Yesterday’s FD failed due to the strong call of the carbs as someone else put it. I was also very tired last night and despite doing everything I’m supposed to do to sleep properly, still woke up at 2 am and couldn’t get back to bed for a few hours. I’m too tired to fast today and I feel kind of discouraged. I just need to sleep through the night. Please?

@ciren2 surely achieving 16:8 is a positive though even if the total calorie count ends up higher than you would have liked. Would half TDEE rather than quarter or 500 cals be a more achievable target? I can’t recall if you’ve said what your TDEE is.

Finally got back from a family trip on Sunday, while I was out of state I ended up walking around 3.5-4 miles total everyday. I weighed myself this morning and I lost 11lbs!! I way over my target weight for June and I’m so happy!

Day 27 Oregon USA FD
    I’m looking forward to FD today.

@Strawberriesandcream – Thank you for your kind thoughts
    @flourbaby – I wish anxiety reduced my appetite but alas it’s the opposite.

The weather has settled back into a cool gray sky.

Day 27 Lancaster PA USA NFD
    I started out pretty well on our June Holiday… I was able to walk most days including a 4-5 10,000 step days. Although a combination of my Birthday, Father’s Day and eating out at the awesome restaurants in San Diego have put me back in the Wine, Margarita, Carb sugar cycle. It will take a couple more days to get back into the fat burning cycle and off of carbs.😊 I did enjoy the wino’s group for a while though😊 I will be weighing myself again in the next day or so.😃
    I’m so glad about our DD @booper.dooper’s results of losing 10 lbs for June! ✨✨ 🎉🎉Congrats on obliterating 5 lbs more than your target goal for the month of June @booper.dooper 🎉🎉
    Working on winding down from the carbs✨I will weigh later this week.😊

Wishing everybody well on your NFD’s and your FD’s 😊✨🤗👍

Hello all, hope all has been well.

June 9 – June 25. Holiday!!!!!! All NFD at least I didn’t get too pissed 😊

June 26 back to the grind. NFD
    June 27 FD.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,651 through 1,700 (of 1,895 total)

You must be logged in to reply.