July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 723 total)

• 2nd post
    @jaifaim…I can’t take credit for Covidiots!!! Not can…..oops

Day 17 – Lake district UK

Good morning everyone

Wow what a lot of activity on here in the last 24 hrs, sorry had to skim through, this is hopefully last hectic day of ‘the project’….

In some respects I’ve ‘shelved’ 5:2 this last 2 or 3 weeks, but don’t think I’ve done much damage, been drinking plenty of water during the day. The FD’s have been OK and extra food calories on others should’ve burned off. Either way, Mrs I-H-L should get her kitchen and utility rooms back all nice and shining today. Moving all the white goods back today is the bit I’m not looking forward to once the floorings down! Why white goods for large electrical appliances (washing machine etc) half of them are grey?

Righty time to get the muscles flexing again …. they WILL be rewarded with beer tonight!

Take care all, I’ll try and get back to ‘normal’ next week!

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – PFDS – me too! Best feeling ever 😅

@hedwig6 – yes, I see what you mean now. I don’t like to do things ‘half-baked’ either. At the same time though, I like routine, so I like to stick to the same fast days. But, as @missybear said, you just need to find what works for you. A small tweak here & there might make all the difference for you. I don’t think there are any major shortcuts when it comes to fasting though. It’ll never be easy, otherwise everyone would be doing it. The best we can do is make it manageable, and for the long-term. Even at maintenance, if I want to be able to eat what I like most of the time, then I just have to accept that I’ll be doing two fast days per week indefinitely. Or join the overweight majority and live with the consequences.

@northgeorgia – well done on reaching your July goal already! 🏆

@stitchincarol – good luck experimenting with ‘Fast5’. I guess that’s what I already do on my FDs; but I only eat in a one or two hour window. I started reading the book in bed last night, but couldn’t keep my eyes open. Not that it was boring; just tired I guess.

@daffodil2010 – oh, that’s a tricky one, re the step-daughter issue?! Does she stay with you? Or will they be popping round? If they do, maybe he’ll get the message if you tell him to sit in the garage? 😳

If this isn’t motivation enough to keep up the fast days, I don’t know what is. From today’s UK Mail: ‘Hospitals in England are being flooded with 2400 obese patients A DAY!’

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD

Day 17 Melb Aust FD800

Only had a CD yesterday and still had an increase of 200 gms – think it’s how long food takes to travel through the digestive tract. Anyway, decided to have a FD800 instead of a “true” FD today. Better than a TDEE day.

@northgeorgia, congrats on seeing the end of July weight already. Hope you and your scales stay in good terms 🙂

@daffodil2010, what a relief that the training period is nearly done so the 3-hour commute will stop.

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD
    @betsyleeFD800

More than halfway there now, so let’s keep on keeping on!

Day 17 – Ireland – NFD

Whoo hoo… ATL this morning of 163lbs 🎉
    I’m thrilled and feel that the past four months of Covid focus have helped along with much better FDs in the past few weeks including some LFDs but not many… I find them hard to do with my level of exercise.

I may bob up again over the weekend but am thrilled to wake up to this nice number. Hooray!

@daffodil2010 that would bug the hell out of me too as your SD came back to be safe in Ireland didn’t she? But… part of me thinks that the younger crew really must believe a) they are invincible and b) things have gone back to normal… i have to say many of my peers are acting the same way and sometimes I feel like I’m over reacting.. but compliant I am… Not going to change now..🥴.I haven’t seen my man since March… I have booked a flight for September but will only go if things are going better in both countries… Maybe its because we are together so long it’s something we can deal with, whilst obviously not ideal 😂😂 it’s just too risky for everyone around me right now… ♥️

Well done on the loss this week and competition is great for results! I competed with my sister when giving up cigarettes 20 years ago and haven’t smoked since 👍👍

Fast five is sounding very interesting … I’ll have to look into it… I did watch the video you posted @emmataylor thank you!
    Have a great Friday everyone!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Second post

Went back to the spreadsheet to check my July goal and realise I am 1/2 lb below my Month Goal. I set it as an achievable goal this month woo hoo! So I’m just gonna do my very best to stay at this weight til the end of July. I am just chuffed 😊

Thinking of you @at as I look at the spreadsheet and of course @michelinme, @ccco, @coda and @ciren2 and all the others who I hope are lurking 🤞

Day 17…… Florida……. OMD

I found out something g really interesting last night. I was talking to my sister on the phone and she was telling me that my niece started IF about mid June and has lost about 10 lbs. I introduced my sister to 5:2 about a year ago, so I figured that was what my niece was doing. However, my sister says that she is following an IF plan that is 16:8 but also has you counting calories but no food restrictions. She could not remember what the was called….. Any ideas?

Just curious…… not going to do it but I have always been interested in diet plans. Diet plans from the 50’s are the most interesting.

@ hedwig6……I actually started 5:2 for the benefits and weight loss just happened to be one of those side effects that I now focus on. I like it because it’s not really something, I have to spend every day thinking about and the flexibility. I change FD without derailing the whole process….. The ease of it and being able to do it, makes me feel like I’m winning in this game we call life.

@stitchcarol…….Good thought of burning more calories than I normally would….. I actually chalked it up to the fact, I was staying awake longer than I normally would, so the dragon was like….. your keeping me awake….. you must feed me!

Today, is going to be a long day for meals I’m heading in a hour earlier and staying an hour later. I’m only doing OMD today, as my kid gets his first pay from his real adult job and wants to buy me dinner! Aww….. my baby is officially an adult, with an adult job…….. Damn, why do they have to grow up so fast.
    Last but not least…… My oldest just got engaged! They just poured the footers for the house he is building…… so, in a short year….. he’ll be moved out, have his own house and a wife……OMG! I want my babies back!

Well…. it’s that time!

Have a great day! Make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 17 Oxon, UK NFD

Day 17 – USA/GA – NFD

Gained my 4-day weekend NFD pound back today, and hoping to maintain this 254 lb. average until Monday. Although I had a few 256 lb. days within the past 7 days, it was all during another 4-day NFD spread. Hmm, so with that in mind, I feel justified in shredding the 258 lb. link in my Christmas garland chain today! Yes! Good Friday morning activity haha

@jaifaim Yay! Good job in reaching and surpassing your July goal! I’m in the same boat as you — reached mine yesterday, and gained a pound back today, per normal, but hoping to maintain or surpass it a little by the end of the month 🙂

Two more weeks until July 31! Good luck everyone!

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD
    @betsyleeFD800

2nd Post – Day 17

@bert1802 – that sounds like ‘The Leangains Method’ by Martin Berkhan.

Day 17 – UK – NFD

FD went to plan yesterday. I’m enjoying doing work outside now the weather has improved. Mainly wood staining wooden troughs etc.

@annabelle48 it’s ok, no problem. It was just an idea.

Wishing everyone a Great Friday & Weekend.

Day 17, Boston, MA – FD

It’s been so interesting reading everyone’s thoughts, thank you. I recognize that this isn’t easy, but I was mostly thinking along the lines of working with our tendencies.

One thing that jumped out at me was @funshipfreddie‘s comment about routine & sticking to the same fast days, and then reading @bert1802‘s comment about being able to change up FDs as needed. Nice tweaks. FSF, I think I fall into your camp, because what happens when I do NOT do a fast as scheduled is that I completely go off the rails – not really bingeing, because that isn’t my tendency – but eating junky food and more of it than I need. Every fast day becomes negotiable, which leads to terrible results.

So I think my first step in this tweak process is to fix my fast days (M,W,(F)), and to keep them under 100 calories. Like @penz said, I find it easier to completely forego food on a fast day than to eat a meal.

@stitchincarol – you are right about the running analogy! When I started running in 2017, I saw myself as “not a runner”. I did Couch to 5K thinking I’d never be able to do it. I ran through all my anxiety associated with thinking of myself as unable to run. And now I can run 8 miles and feel like I could run a half marathon if I just trained for it. Building the mindset took time, but definitely paid off. I’m still not winning any races, but that’s not my goal, and the mental and physical health returns from building running into my lifestyle are fantastic. I’ll have to see how to create the analogous mindset with fasting. Thanks for the insight!

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee FD800
    @hedwig6

Day 17- Atlanta, Ga- USA- NFD

I am still with family. Thinking about coming back next month as schools are moving to virtual learning once again. It’s so sad that the high-risk students are not getting the support that they need in these turbulent times. I’m a computer technology teacher and I still need face time with some of my students. I fear that it will take years for our students to get caught up. As far as my fitness goals go, I’ve had to be really creative in my workout routine. I have some equipment at home, but lacking in motivation. Nothing replaces working out in a sweaty gym. LOL!! But I’ll adjust. Just gotta get on a schedule.Hope everyone is having an awesome day!!

Day 17, UK FD

Yesterday I managed approximately 5 miles of walking – a combination of Lesley S and a nice walk along the coast.

Today’s walk was around the local woods – it’s 2 miles and all I could hear in my head was Walk, walk, walk. I did it in record time.

Congratulations to those who are seeing their July target already. I’m hoping to lose another 1lb before the end of July.

Pocket List – Day 17 🥕
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee FD800
    @hedwig6
    @saffy420

Happy Friday everyone.

Day 17 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

My 2 FDs done for the week and I have that Friday feeling 🍷😊 enjoy the weekend all.

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s FD went fine and I came in around 350 calories; this morning I was down 4.2 pounds from yesterday morning. Yup, I knew it was just water and waste. My eating splurge on M-W probably added a pound’s worth of calories…or perhaps not! I was clearly not in the mode of counting calories. Either way, I’m simply not going to sweat it.

I’m rather excited about committing to Fast5 for the short term. I have just under two weeks before we leave for vacation, and then I’ll be gathered with our kids and one grandkid so Fast5 might be impossible…or might not. Then we’ll be with my two sisters, and again might be impossible…or might not. I’ll simply do what I can and then start in earnest in mid-August and see how well it works for me. I can’t see sticking to it for the rest of my life the way I can 5:2 (or 6:1), but as a tool to arrive at goal, it feels entirely reasonable. No calorie counting and weight loss: how can that be bad? 🙂

@i-hate-lettuce, wonderful news about the completion of your kitchen; congratulations, and enjoy that well-deserved beer tonight.
    @jaifaim, congratulations on achieving your goal! Who knows: with almost half the month left, perhaps you’ll even exceed that goal!
    @bert1802, congratulations on the two DS’s accomplishments: a “real” job and engaged! Yeah, having my own three leave the house was not my favorite season of life, but now that we’re confirmed empty-nesters, I enjoy their tail-lights just as much as their headlights, LOL!
    @hedwig6, you’re most welcome for the analogy. DH is a long distance runner, so I know well (from my position on the couch) how distance training works, LOL!
    @therealwil78, good luck with figuring out your plans. My DD is a 2nd grade teacher, and has also been frustrated at the mess the pandemic has made of education. ‘Nuff said.

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
    and
    “Tomorrow I’ll be glad I did.” – FUNSHIPFREDDIE

DAY 17 UK FD

Final FD of the week. Tomorrow I eat!

USA. Day 17.
    I am finally back. I finally was able to have my computer repaired after it got a software virus!! I am joining July but have been fasting all along! See you all tomorrow!

Day 18 country West Australia CD
    Day 17 feast day – DH celebrated a ‘ significant’ birthday. 🎂
    There was cake. 🍰There was wine🥂. There was chocolate🍫. It was all delicious.😊
    Control needed today.🤭
    Have been for a walk early this morning in the fog with the temp about 4ºC.🏃‍♀️🌫
    Wet feet👟. Wet socks🧦. Wet jeans👖 – but so invigorating and makes me feel alive and ready to tackle the day!😄
    Made better by the little lambs all running around and calling to their mums whilst they played🐑🐑. Gorgeous
    Have a good day all wherever in the world you may be.🙂
    And keep safe😷.

Day 18 – Japan – NFD

As expected, I hardly noticed the fast yesterday. Keep busy, rushing against a deadline seems to have pushed down my normal concerns related to fasting. Ha! I just remember I even forgot to take the vitamins yesterday, mostly D, C and Zinc.

Day 18 – UK – NFD

Good Morning All

Eating to plan but the scales seem to have stopped rewarding me. They are currently sat on the naughty step and I’ve strongly advised them they need to think about their behaviour! 😬.

I’ll just keep going 😊

Wishing you all a Great Saturday!

Day 18 – UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Best laid plans etc, the finale didn’t quite go to plan yesterday!
    Some snagging to do this morning, the edgings are wrong and a join needs redoing, so a trip for bits, then an hour of fiddling around which was unplanned, but … that should finish it!
    Took longer to do yesterday, but all the heavy lifting and moving is done! (I know they need to put concrete ballast in a washing machine but shifting 110 kg is no fun when you’re trying to protect the new floor and on your own) Got to almost 5pm when I slid into a very hot bath to ease the aches!

Did hop on the scales yesterday and for the first time since Christmas, I’ve put weight on! A pound :0 to be honest the way things have been with the project 5:2 has been on sort of automatic pilot, apart from FD’s. Over the last few weeks, not been recording intake, only a couple of walks, but a lot of work involved. I think snacking and eating ‘badly’ has gone out of the window, so hopefully I can get back on the 5:2 bus again soon and get going downwards.

Take care all

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’ve made sure my kitchen is salted peanut/dangerous-snack-free, so I’m determined to be much more sensible this weekend.

@ccco – welcome back!

Happy Mandela Day, & wishing everyone a good weekend 🌈 ⛅️

Day 18 – Ireland – NFD

Good day yesterday but did have an ice cream cone last night watching telly🍦… I bought 4….. 😬 oops!
    I didn’t eat them….
    Back up a little today but I saw that number so I’m
    FOCUSED 💪

Welcome back @ccco!!!

@saffy420 it’s hard to get Leslie out of your head after you’ve done a walk with her… I haven’t done that many but yes afterwards if I’m off out it’s walk, walk….😂

@bert1802 enjoy all the celebrations although it’s tough to see them move on…

@therealwil78 I agree… you need face to face connection with students from time to time and I don’t know how this new way of learning will affect people in the long term…

@lilymartin – hope you enjoyed the celebrations 🥂
    Sounds like it was fun 🎉

Well done @northgeorgia you are doing really well 👏👏

Happy Mandela Day @funshipfreddie 🌈

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 18, London UK, LFD,
    Day 17, London, UK, NFD,

I had a lovely picnic by the lake yesterday with my bestie, there was wine and salad so it wasn’t too bad even with dinner and a huge salad (and lots & lots of water in the heat) I think I was probably 3-400cals over TDEE, , as today is a 25cal LFD, I’ll take it!!

I’m sticking to ADF with LFDs but this month I’ve been feeling distinctly sluggish; last week there WAS wine (yesterday too!) and possibly a few too many refined carbs!! Have I been rewarding myself on NFDs for getting through the monumental LFDs? I hope not, but I’m probably not being as diligent with my choices ………………………….. just ‘cause I CAN have toast on a NFD doesn’t mean I HAVE to have toast on a NFD!!!!😜 …………………………… not to mention the crisps, cheese, cherry bakewells or nuts. Moderation is NOT my thing, so I’m completing the month as ADF with LFDs & nutritionally balanced NFDs up to TDEE without any snacking nonsense!!! Done!!!

@northgeorgia, congratulations🏆🥇 are you setting a revised target for July? There’s just under 2 weeks to teach those scales a lesson!!!😁 The one thing I may have mentioned once or twice😏😂 during these challenges was how bloomin difficult I found the weekends because I could NOT fast at home😟, I tried & failed (naughty challenge word) soooo many times😢 that I gave up and did B2B2B FDs for my 3 days at work, the 4NFDs then started to reverse my efforts, hence the ‘20+lb gain of 2019’😱. Then along came lockdown, which if it wasn’t scary enough, had me thinking I might be too big to get out of the house once it gets lifted since I ………………. CANNOT ………….. FAST ……………. AT ……………… HOME!!!! However, I’ve shocked & stunned myself by not only fasting at home, but turning (since June) to ADF with LFDs!!! 👏 It had a lot to do with idle hands and trawling the internet for anything & everything to encourage me to keep fasting & once I stumble across Rachel Sharp & her inspiring story, I thought, Why not? So here I am, in my second month of (not religiously) doing ADF with LFDs!!! 🙏

Welcome back @ccco. Phew, I was wondering where you’d disappeared to, glad to know it was just a virus😲 …………………………… of the computer kind!!!!😆

@i-hate-lettuce, the key is to be everlastingly vigilant!!! You’ll dispatch that 1lb in no time, as long as you firmly strap yourself onto the wagon, you’ll be fine …………………… perhaps it was 1lb of muscle💪 developed from lugging 110kg washing machines around?? 😂😆

Happy Mandela Day, @funshipfreddie!!! 🌟 🎆🎇 I think banishing those trigger foods is unfortunately, the only way to succeed, I wish I was like my mum and could open a bag of peanuts and reseal them at the end of the night, over and over again, night after night!!! A 200g bag might last her a month or 2, me? …………………………. Maybe a couple of days ………….. with vino? ……………1 day tops!!!!😟😳

Stay strong everyone ……………………………………….

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” – Nelson Mandela

Day 18 UK NFD

Sorry I missed yesterday, also very busy today so not had chance to read posts Will have a good long catch up tomorrow

Have a good weekend all x

Day18 NFD UK

Good morning all.
    Was about to say I’ve fallen off the wagon but changed my mind. I find it all too easy to think of calorie watching all the time but took a step back to remind myself this is a WOL not a weight loss diet as such.
    So, met up with some friends in a garden yesterday and had scones,strawberries,jam,butter and clotted cream and very yummy it was. Topped it off later in the evening with a choc ice. Result 1lb on.

Not going to worry about it as will be moderate this weekend and back to FD on Monday.
    I don’t think I will meet my target this month bit I will have chipped away a bit and that’s what matters.

@judyjudes. Loved the bit about scales and the naught step. Must bear that in mind when mine misbehave.

Focusing on glass half full and being positive.

Keep on keeping on.

Day 18, UK. FD

Yesterday I found half a bag of midget gems I’d put aside a couple of weeks ago. Did I put them back in the drawer, no I ate them! All in one go – what was I thinking – I wasn’t even looking for them, I was looking for a pen🥴. So the day ended on just over 800 cals instead of the 500 I’d planned. Could have been a lot worse.

Today we are going out for dinner, first time in four months, it’s only to the local pub but I’m so looking forward to having someone else cook for me and clean up afterwards.

@ccco welcome back to us, glad it was jus the computer with a nasty virus.
    @funshipfreddie – have a good Mandela day.
    @lilymartin, celebrations are so worthwhile, who cares about the calories consumed – you and your OH ad a good time, that’s got to be a good thing.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Day 18 Melb Aust CD

Scales rewarded me this morning with a drop, so I’ve lost 1.2 kg so far this month. Not a huge loss, but good progress.

@ccco, good to have you back

@bert1802, what you’re describing is best known as TRE – time restricted eating – not sure who started it, though. It can be 16:8, 20:4, 14:10, etc. My brother’s partner lost significant weight doing TRE, with no calorie counting and eating what she liked. I tried it and it just didn’t work for me. Being on the 5:2 WOE suits me much better, and I DO lose weight.

@judyjudes, are you sure that @northgeorgia‘s scales haven’t migrated to your place? 🙂

Keep on the downward trail everyone!

Day 18 – 2nd Post

@bert1802 – I wonder if your niece is following one of the books by Gin Stephens? She wrote, ‘Delay, don’t Deny:Living an Intermittent Fasting Lifestyle’. Then last month she brought out, ‘Fast. Feast. Repeat’. It’s already a bestseller, with 96% 5-star reviews on amazon.com, & 92% 5-star reviews on amazon.co.uk I haven’t read either of them though

Way to go, Saturday fasters?! Putting us mere mortals to shame! 😳

Pocket List – Day 18 🍋
    @flourbaby LFD! ⭐️
    @saffy420

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Down a couple of ounces this morning and maintaining at 254 lbs. I try to hold to the rule that the kitchen closes at 8 p.m., although that’s harder on the weekends and the TV begs me to sit a spell in the evenings.

@flourbaby I don’t think I’ll officially revise my goal, but in my head I am imagining maybe a pound or two lighter! @jaifaim Thanks for the encouragement! @betsylee Congratulations!!

Wow, my hats off to Saturday fasters! Good luck today! Today is my nephew’s 11th birthday and thankfully he lives just down the hill, so we’ve all technically been quarantined together since the beginning.

Pocket List – Day 18 🍋
    @flourbaby LFD! ⭐️
    @saffy420

Day 18 Oxon, UK NFD
    Just spent an hour logging my food from the week. It’s not totally accurate as I can’t remember all the snacks but it’s a ball park figure. So despite not fasting I don’t think I’ve overdone it too much. Will weigh myself Monday and go from there.
    Haven’t caught up on posts but will do tomorrow.
    Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Given I’d just fasted on Thursday, yesterday’s wait until 4 o’clock (I’m doing 4-9 as my five-hour eating window) began to seem an eternity–it felt like fasting two days in a row, never easy for me. But I made it, and didn’t even overeat once I’d gotten to the window. As I face a new day of not eating until 4 o’clock, I’m reminded of my kids when they were little and we’d be going through Walmart: “Oh, Mom! Can we buy this, can we buy that, can we buy….????” There was so much to excite them, and my stock answer was a nice, “Well, not today, honey.” In the same way, I spent all day yesterday–and am sure will do the same today and tomorrow and further on–finding things I wanted to eat, and saying to myself, “Well, not yet, honey.” LOLOL!

@ccco Welcome back, and so glad you were able to get your computer fixed
    @lilymartin: loved the image of your walk in the fog with the lambs calling to their mums
    @judyjudes, I do hope your scales feel repentent quickly and begin to behave again!
    @i-hate-lettuce, one pound is not at all bad, given how little time you’ve had to focus on 5:2, and I’m sure you’ll turn it around again immediately. Enjoy that kitchen!
    @annabelle48, love your attitude and reminder to yourself about this being a WOL, not a weight-loss diet. You’re exactly right, and you’ll get there, however long it takes, as long as you stick with it.

Yeah, those who fast on weekends are true 5:2 rock stars!!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
    and
    “Tomorrow, you’ll be glad you did.” — FUNSHIPFREDDIE

Day 18. OMAD

Don’t think that second Gin Stephens book is available in the UK yet. There’s another fasting book with the same name by someone else that gets one star!

Day 18 (Illinois) OMAD

I’m with you @emmataylor in doing just one meal today.

Happy I was able to give my pint of blood yesterday, so just had to stay cool and hydrated the rest of the day. Today will be very hot here, so pool and dinner in town is planned.

Onward and downward.

Day 18 – 3rd Post

@emma-taylor- it looks like there’s no Kindle edition of ‘Fast. Feast. Repeat.’ in the UK yet; & the paperback is out of stock.

USA. Day 18. FD

Happy Mandela Day, FUNSHIPFREDDIE!

It is so hot here that it is easy to fast. He heat takes away your appetite! By Monday, we should be 100 degrees Fahrenheit! I will take advantage of these overly hot days.

I am glad to be back!

PLEASE don’t anybody mention pools. It’s too painful. They are supposed to be open here ( outdoor ones) but the booking systems are archaic and of course no one answers a phone. Hampton pool, our favourite, opened a couple of days ago but I’ve been spitting feathers trying to book. Aaaargh. On the plus side (😁) Hampton Court is open, I’ve become a member, and I’ve spent the day lying under a tree reading about an American who carved wood to replace the Grinling Gibbons work which was destroyed in the fire. So a lovely day which should have been topped off with a SWIM 🏊‍♀️ 🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️🏊‍♀️

Sorry. Thanks @funshipfreddie. It was her book which led me to the other Fast 5 book, so when I couldn’t find the one you suggested, I got another of hers with lots of good reviews on my kindle. I’m a firm believer in regular brainwashing to keep up impetus 😝😝😝

Day18 UK NFD

Happily not fasting today and tomorrow. Back to OMAD again on Monday. The scales went below 60 kg this morning for the first time. Only by 0.2 kg but it was lovely to see 59. Hopefully will still be there after the weekend!

Second post…
    Just had to post… here I am painting my garden walls with Spotify 🎶 on random music after learning that it’s Mandela day today and what comes on but Mandela Day – Simple Minds. Always loved this song but very apt for the day that’s in it 👍 🇿🇦
    Hope you’re having fun @funshipfreddie!

Day 19 Melb Aust TDEE

After my CD yesterday (and previous FD) – below that stubborn 68 kg for the first time in …. I don’t remember when. And by 0.2 kg, the same as you, @mia139. Well done you! Now let’s consolidate and go further down.

@northgeorgia, hope you enjoyed your nephew’s birthday, with some restraint! 🙂

@jaifaim, hope the painting of the garden walls was finished.

@funshipfreddie, did you have a good day yesterday?

Onward and downwards, everyone!

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The Kitchen and utility project is done, seems to have been hard work, getting too long in the tooth for lifting and shifting heavy stuff around, luckily I don’t think this will need doing again for a long time. Fridays ‘finishing flag’ was supposed to drop just after lunch, snagging and bits put it back to 12 noon yesterday, staggered across the finishing line about 1.30pm !
    However, it looks stunning, I’m particularly pleased with the utility, moved things around and better laid out and more useable, Mrs I-H-L is very happy indeed!

Plan is for a gentle walk today, bit of a relaxing one I think, BBQ this afternoon, concentrate on getting back on the 5:2 wagon by starting to log everything again on MFP app and fitbit, daily walks and beer and wine at weekends only.

Take care all

Day 19 – UK – NFD

It has been my birthday week, so apart from Monday, all nfd’s. Hoping the damage isn’t too severe. Will catch up on thread later.

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

There is chocolate stuck to the screen of this iPad 😱 That says it all eh? I was munching on dark choc whilst reading the Fast5 kindle edition 😱

Have a great Sunday everyone. Sun is shining, hoping for a relaxing day

Day 19 – UK – CD

Happy Sunday ☀️

@annabelle48 @betsylee The time out for the scales worked to a degree. Lost most of the regain, remain up .4lb from my lowest weight recorded for the week. Monday’s is my main weight day so hopefully won’t be to disappointing.

I have eaten to plan 100% for the first week of the official subscription Fast800 5:2. Really enjoying the food but I feel some portions are too generous. I’ve not had alcohol (not unusual), no sugar, no gluten free flour, pasta or sweet treats. Feel great …. but felt I’d have seen more loss. I will do 1 more week at 5:2 to see if things improve. If they don’t I will give hardcore Fast800 a whirl. I’m thinking it’s my thyroid but I’ve been avoiding contacting the GP as he isn’t the most sympathetic or accommodating person.

Have a great day everyone

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

I bounced out of bed this morning and completed a walk with Leslie by 6:30am!!! 💪 I need to get back into a routine for when I return to work – up, exercised, showered, dressed and out the door by 7am is the plan, which would give me enough time to get to work by 8:30!! I have to make this a habit!!

As usual, I’m looking forward to today’s NFD, my healthy balance meals are planned and I’ll ‘breakfast’ at 2-3pm which seems to be the pattern I’ve fallen into unless there’s vino or picnics or unexpected invitations!!!

@annabelle48, your cream tea sound fabulous, it’s in my top 10 food choices!!! However, just one cream scone could quite easily put me into a carb coma😢, so I’ll steer clear for now………………….. maybe when I get to my goal!!!😇

@saffy420, I feel your pain!!! The dreaded mini gem!!! Baby sister to the evil wine-gum!!!!😱 I’m afraid you were lost from the moment you found them, now …………………………….. DO NOT replace them!!!!! 😜

@funshipfreddie, thanks for the pocket list and my special Saturday LFD star!!!💜 I truly feel empowered doing LFDs💪, you might have guessed, but I’m not the most disciplined individual, just a whiff of a cheesy Wotsit, wine-gum or glass of Malbec is enough to make me chuck myself off of the wagon, but with LFDs, I think the all or nothing mentality kicks in. Not getting complacent (again!!) just chuffed to bits not to have FD angst!!! 🙏

@emma-taylor, I’m sensing just a wee bit of frustration!!!! I hope you get booked in soon, especially during this fine weather 🏊‍♀️!!!

@daffodil2010, just lick it off 🍫 ……………………………. It IS a NFD after-all!!!! 😜😂

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day 19 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@fasterjo – belated birthday wishes! 🎂🥂🍾🎊🎉

@jaifaim – I checked out that song on YouTube; I’d never heard it before!

@betsylee – July 18th, i.e. Nelson Mandela’s birthday isn’t a public holiday here. It’s said that Mandela spent 67 years of his life fighting for social justice. On Mandela Day, people are encouraged to give 67 minutes of their time to fight poverty, promote peace etc. I think I may have slept for an extra 67 minutes, so I did my bit for social distancing, at least 🤦

@emma-taylor – I’m also a big believer in regular brainwashing – for motivation! You got, ‘Delay, Don’t Deny’? That book also has thousands of good reviews.

@flourbaby – wow? up so early?! On a Sunday! The nights are really cold here right now. I crawled out from under my duvet at 8:40 am, grabbed coffee & crawled right back in again.

@daffodil2010 – 😂 you’re hilarious! 🍫

Happy S🌞nday everyone!

Day 19 OMAD London UK

Hi @funshipfreddie. I have read that book, which actually led me to Bert Herring’s Fast 5 book. When I couldn’t get the one you mentioned, I bought her book Feasting Without Fear, which I’ll read soon. There are all sorts of blogs and podcasts involved, but I like this group because it’s full of nice people. 😄😄😄

Day 19 UK NFD

Had a good catch up on posts and great to see so much energy ( 6.30am on a Sunday ?!! @flourbaby) and enthusiasm for our collective goals . Also impressed with the amount of research ongoing into the variations on IF

Had a bit of a “blow out “ weekend but having stepped on the scales and recording on MFP I think at long last I’m getting the hang of portion control and I’m not saying I’ll never be tempted but seem to have kicked the snacking habit . I do like the odd bit of chocolate but now I only buy individual mini bars – Kit Kat’s etc and if I have one feels a real treat and only around 100 cals

Glad you’re back with us @ccco – still missing @at , trust she’s just busy brogaing and making those delicious sounding cakes and I also hope @ciren2 out there having a restful Sunday before out on her deliveries tomorrow morning

Have a good Sunday all See you tomorrow for the Mega Monday Pocket list

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.