July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 723 total)

• Day 15 UK FD

Morning everyone! Going for 3rd FD in a row this week. Got my mojo working so finding it ok so best to make the most of it! Scales showed 60.5 kg this morning so fast approaching my 60 kg initial target.. I say initial as I plan to reset to 59 kg . I haven’t been that weight since I passed it on the way up probably as a teenager!
    Also following the DTF route this week .. Those calories certainly make a big difference! The encouragement on this forum is also a major factor in sticking with it. Whenever I’m tempted to cheat I can hear voices telling me to resist!

Good luck to all fasters today and stay safe.

Day15 FD UK

Good morning all.

Not sure what yesterday was. Supposed to be a CD but ended up somewhere between FD and CD. End result was a whopping 8oz loss instead of my usual 4oz. Quite pleased with that.
    Must correct a medical error in previous post. The steroids are in mg not g ! Quite a difference.

@judyjudes. Glad you are liking the meals and hope to hear fantastic results. My tag is Minnie48.
    Long story re the number but suffice it to say had to add it due to computer muck up. Had Mediterranean Fish Bake last night. Very nice. Basically roasted vegetables with sea bass on top.
    Planning a walk of about an hour with friend this afternoon to use up some calories. Halfway through the month and well short of my target, more concentration needed.

@flourbaby. Intrigued by magnesium oil so will be looking it up after finishing this post.

Stay focused everyone.

Pocket list – Day15

@annabelle48

2nd Post

Hi @annabelle48 I will look out for you. So far so good. Today my main evening meal is Parmesan Crumb Baked Fish 🐠😋 I’m really enjoying the food. I’m 2lbs down so far this week, hope it sticks. I’m nearly at my mini target for July.

@mia139 Great run of FDs 👍. Impressive.

2nd post

@ JudyJudes. My goodness have just read your post. Amazing. So pleased for you. Hope it works as well for me as am woefully behind on this months target.

Day 15…..Florida…. FD

I sure could have done better in the food department yesterday…… today is an FD, so it should be so much better……. my plan is only fluids until dinner, then I do have a nice salad in the fridge. It’s one of those premade ones. I bought a couple on purpose so, I don’t have so much clean up in my dissembled kitchen.
    I’m ready for the kitchen project to finished as well……. yesterday, with 75% of the project left to do, I told my self, all day, I’m going to finish this tonight. I don’t care if I have to stay up all night to do it!
    Who in the hell am I trying to kid here……… I did another 25%, called it good and went to bed…….. Damn, I’m not as young as I once was……..So, I’m figuring two more days and I should be done!

Well, it’s that time…..

Have a great day, make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zipp-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Okay, so I’m giving up planning my food for the day, since neither Monday nor Tuesday went according to plan, LOL! I’ll just try to be reasonable, and that’s apparently the best I can do. 🙂 My grilled shrimp tacos were amazing last night; the margarita only so-so. Today it’s back out to the yard to finish laying the 60+ bags of mulch (I only have ten to do today). It will certainly be a huge celebration when I can check that job off my to-do list!

@flourbaby, I also saw that magnesium citrate was for constipation, lol! I picked up plain old magnesium, labeled as helpful for cramps. The article you linked looks fascinating and I’m looking forward to reading it; thanks!
    @i-hate-lettuce, laughed out loud at the unpredictability of life sometimes being comparable to bunjee-jumping. Yup, it sure is!! 🙂
    @daffodil2010, how frustrating that even as you celebrate your DH joining you in 5:2, you’re struggling to DO 5:2. Have you tried a LFD as an alternative? What about OMAD on FDs? We’re all pulling for you!
    @funshipfreddie, thanks for the tip of making alcohol from pineapple. I’d never heard of such a thing, but there are bunches of recipes, and I have a small gathering coming up and making that will be perfect. I’ll report back in to say if it’s any good! Has anyone else made it?
    @bert1802, good luck with getting your kitchen done quickly!

I can’t remember who talked about Fast 5 in the last day or two, but I bought the ebook yesterday and read it in about an hour. It’s a fascinating read (and was only $4), and I love, love, love that the author simply said what needed to be said and quit. You know how so many books are padded with fluff, and the same thing is said over and over and over? Not this one. I really appreciated that, and the idea is percolating in my brain. The problem is that I don’t think I WANT to eat only in a five-hour period for the rest of my life, so as I understood it, the benefit of 19-5 will be lost to me if I go back and forth. Is that how the rest of you understand it?

Okay, it’s finally light enough outside to be able to see, so I’m putting on my muddy overalls and heading out to work. Have a grand day, everyone, and here’s wishing you lots of determination to accomplish your goals!

Day 15 – USA/GA – FD

Last day of my state office virtual meetings; hoping it won’t be as stressful a day as Monday — but this kind of day lends itself really well to a fast day as the meetings don’t end until 1:00 or 1:30 pm.

This morning’s weigh in was up a lb. or so, to 255 lbs., probably the best outcome after yesterday’s planned vegetable soup turned into Captain D’s (fish and chips) my brother had left over. I’m hoping that the new “leveling off” for the week will be around 255 and/or 254. My goal for the month is 253 — just in sight!

Middle of the month, everyone! Halfway to the goal date!

Pocket list – Day 15
    @annabelle48
    @bert1802
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 15
    @funshipfreddie

3rd Post

@annabelle48 and anyone else who might be interested. I’m wanting to create a WhatsApp support group. As we can’t direct message each other in this forum (if you can I haven’t figured it out) if you look for JollyJooJoo on Instagram (or tell me your tag) I can direct message you my number.

Take care

Day 15 – Ireland – NFD

@mia139 I feel for you not knowing when you’ll see family…! I don’t know when I’ll see my man as we live between Ireland and the UK and with quarantine restrictions etc it’s difficult to plan and I’m also having to be careful as my parents are very vulnerable…

@judyjudes, yes most people have the day off for le quatorze in France and in France they “make the bridge – fait le pont” which means a lot of workplaces take day in between if the public holiday is on a Tuesday or Thursday. It was one of my favourite things about living and working in France. 😊🇫🇷
    Well done to you both and @northgeorgia and on your loss! I’m thrilled too as I’m nearly 2lbs down since last Friday which is fab.. just a Lb off my lowest ever since starting this WOL. It’s long awaited and won’t revel in it as had a very good FD (not LFD) yesterday but came in around 340 cals.

@lilymartin and @flourbaby I’m a dreadful procrastinator too!! And that last minute panic feeling is all too familiar @flourbaby.. I do never learn.. that.. and binging….. oh god! Wish I could procrastinate more when I think of binging…

I cycled in around the city this morning to see the dentist and pick up some bits and bob.. there were so few people -it was fab!! Grey and drizzly but fab..
    Have a good day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 15 Melb Aust FD

Managed a 500 cal FD today, so hope to move down from where I’ve been hovering either just above or just below the 69 kg mark. Very tired from doing stacks of home chores, so no more now.

Pocket list – Day 15
    @annabelle48
    @bert1802
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee

DTF List – Day 15
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15, Boston, USA – FD! FD! FD! No running goals set.

Didn’t run, didn’t fast yesterday. I have been trying to declutter and organize our basement (among other things), and have been so unrealistic about my running. So, no running goals until the basement is done.

I think there are some people in the world who are able to moderate. They can declutter a little, run a little, and are fine with slow and incremental progress. I’d love to be one of those people, because it seems so balanced. I think I might need to accept that I am not. I get great satisfaction out of finishing projects quickly. Having a half-done basement makes me crazy, and I lose motivation.

I think that might also be why fasting appeals to me. So I am wondering – do people here identify more with one vs. another? How does it change your approach to the WL/maintenance process?

I was thinking in order to take advantage of my mindset I should devote 2 weeks to more intense fasting (maybe water/liquid fasts 3 days a week), followed by normal eating for a week, then cycle back through. Would that be an unhealthy approach?

Pocket List Day 15
    @annabelle48
    @bert1802
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 15
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday at about 365 calories – sauteed shrimp on salad my only meal

Having lunch out today at our local Japanese Garden, always a healthy meal.

Onward and downward.

Day 15 UK NFD

Half way mark folks and already some great results in , quite a few of us in the 🐢/yo yo club I think this is the time to dig deep and try and stick with it , it’s difficult when the weight is not lowering but think of all the other benefits – increased flexibility, fitness and mental wellbeing , be kind to yourself 💕

Glad to see you back today @flourbaby particularly with the magnesium info I’ve been sleeping badly recently so I’ve ordered my flakes today -We seem to have lost a few along the way recently or maybe they’re just lying low ? @at @snowflake56 @veggiegrl @suki2 Hope you are all ok

Wishing you all positivity and success for the second half of the month xx

Day 15, UK FD

Today has been a long day. I finished work early, came home and did 30 minutes of Lesley S. It’s been raining all day so I felt really cold and a bit meh. Had to put a silly film on to distract me from the hunger.
    Managed to get to 5.30 before having my chicken salad. I’m posting this to give me the motivation not to break into the chocolate biscuits later!

Happy Wednesday everyone.

@stitchincarol – it was me who mentioned the Fast Five book. That’s why I liked it too. Nothing superfluous and very clear. I liked the bit where the author Bert Herring said fasting for 19 hours, and only eating for five, meant the fat on his body disappeared like wax under a blowtorch. And then, at the end of the introduction he says ‘Be careful with that blowtorch. ‘ That really made me laugh. He says you should try it for three weeks to correct your appetite ( me neither, but it seems to work) and then you’ll lose a pound a week. So I’m giving it a go. Well worth a read and much easier than swapping and changing on different days. For me, anyway.

Day 15 Canada NFD

PFDS happy to report the scales have dipped 😊

Day 16, no idea what day it will be, Aus

It should be a FD. It must be a FD.

Hello, mojo?

For those procrastinators out there, there’s a hilarious Ted Talk about the procrastination monkey. I enjoyed it.

Day 16 – UK – FD wk1 d4

Hi Everyone

Yesterday ate to plan – Parmesan crusted fish with a broccoli side. Lovely it was to.

Thank you for the suggestion @penz … I might look it up later. I’ll put you on the PL so you’re not alone 😊

Wishing everyone a great day.

Pocket List
    @judyjudes
    @penz

Day 16 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Down 2.5lbs since Monday but is it sustainable and will it be back to yo-yo tortoise mode? It’s an FD today, small lunch at 1.30, then a protein dinner circa 7pm…….so I could just fit into that Fast Five mode @emmataylor and @stitchincarol.

I will certainly look up the FastFive and see how it could work for me.

I have tried LFD’s successfully when I started this WOL but just cannot get my head around doing it now. Same with OMAD. I really need a wee lunch on a work day.

So as restrictions ease, more cases of Covid, especially among young people, are being reported. So the planned reopening of pubs etc has been postponed now until 10th August!!!! Wow, it’s a bit if a surprise, but also not, if you know what I mean.

When we were away last weekend I was suprused to see a lot of foreign registered cars and camper vans travelling around, and as there is supposed to be a 14 day mandatory quarantine to anyone arriving into our island, I guess this was not being adhered to.

Sigh. I will continue to follow the rules, wear my mask on public transport and in shops, and hope the Covidiots won’t do it for us.

Have a great Thursday 16th July 🤗

Day 16 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Glorious morning, sun shining, I’m slightly ahead of schedule on ‘project’ so going for a walk this morning, seems ages! Got to get the white goods moved this afternoon ready for flooring tomorrow.

FD’s have been easy but think the extra food and even cake while working has not been the best idea, as soon as this jobs finished might need a full weeks ticket on the wagon!

@daffodil2010 – we’re the same round here, massive increase in traffic, particularly caravans and campervans arriving over the weekend just gone.

Take care all

Pocket List day 16
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 16 Melb Aust CD

Managed my FD yesterday, 500 cals, and saw a drop on the scales of 0.5 kg – now I have to sustain it. Taking the first step by being REALLY good today, about 1200 calories, although it’s officially a TDEE day. FD again tomorrow, and we’ll see what this week’s weigh-in shows.

@i hate lettuce, great that the renovations are progressing well, so you can go on a MOAM walk – enjoy!

@brightonbelle, I’ve been one of the yoyo club, but hoping to have turned the corner this week. We’ll see.

@michelinme, @ciren2, you’re not forgotten. Hope you’re both doing okay.

Onward and downwards, everyone!

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – feeling the same as you. Meh, can it really be a fast day? Again?! But I’m going to bite the bullet & just do it; because tomorrow I’ll be glad I did. And I’ll feel like I deserve my 🍷.

@hedwig6 – I was confused by your post? I didn’t really understand the question. Or maybe it’s just too early…

@stitchincarol, @emma-taylor – I went on Amazon to check out the Fast 5 book, & got the message, ‘you purchased this item on January 27th 2017’?! So it must be somewhere on my Kindle. I’ll check later, although I really don’t remember reading it.

Let’s get this done, Thursday fasters 🎯

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 16 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 16 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’m not in the mood for a FD either, but its Thursday so I will just not think about it and do it.

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 16 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

One day at a time and I can do anything for one day……..and tomorrow I can have 🍷🙂

Day 16 UK FD
    Quick check in today luckily @funshipfreddie and @missybear have added some motivation! , will do a catch up tomorrow
    Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 16 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

One day at a time and I can do anything for one day……..and tomorrow I can have 🍷🙂

Day 16 NFD UK

Good morning all.
    Not sure quite where I am at the moment.
    Got up and weighed – same. Had a bath, weighed again – 8oz lower. Have my scales been talking to those with @northgeorgia? Decided I would take the lower reading and hope for the best.

Went on what was supposed to be a short stroll yesterday with a friend but which ended up as 3.5 miles.
    Arrived home utterly banjaxed (sorry that word again), and went to bed at 9am very tired.

Today is a take it easy day with just a little pottering to recover.

Invited to tea in friend’s garden tomorrow, social distancing of course, so hope it doesn’t rain.

@judyjudes re What’s App. Not sure how to go about it. Not on Instagram, do have What’s App and Facebook. Only use FB with closed group. Not interested in chatting to the world, bit selective with personal information. Not very techy so where to go from here? Help.
    Fish with Parmesan crust sounds very nice so on my list to make next week.

Going to look at Fast Five but somehow don’t think it’s for me. Always interested in information on this site though.

Fast day tomorrow, need a good result to try to get near my target.

Keep on keeping on.

Day 16, London, UK, LFD,

Short and sweet from me today, busy, busy, busy!!!

@funshipfreddie, I didn’t notice a thing!!😳 I write my posts in Word then cut and paste into the thread, I missed off the 1st line ‘Day 15, etc….’ as there aren’t usually 2 headings to copy …………………………. That’s a lesson …………………….. I must not forget to post!!!!😜😂

Happy Birthday @fasterjo!! Enjoy your day, enjoy your cake, enjoy the vino 🎂 🍷………………………. Fast tomorrow!!!

@mia139 I hear you …………………. “I haven’t been that weight since I passed it on the way up probably as a teenager!” ………………… So funny, so true, so me …………………………………………….. so sad!!!!

Well, I ought to get back to work, once I’ve finished I’m off to buy a pineapple or 20!!!!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby

DTF List – Day 16 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

“The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” – Winston Churchill

Day 16 2nd 2nd post.

How I love this site. So full of unusual and useful information.

@penz. Just had a look at Ted Talks. Had never heard of it but just watched a very interesting talk on steroids. Will be looking at other subjects so a very big THANK YOU for mentioning it.

Day 16……. Florida……OMD

I’m very two fold this morning. I finally finished staining my cabinets, tonight after work, I’ll hang all of the doors and give them all a good wipe down with some bees wax. I’m so glad the hard part is over! Just the finishing touch and I can put this one in the books, I’m so happy!
    At the same time, I’m a little disappointed in myself…..I did stay up well past my bedtime to get this done, then I gave into the voice in my head and had a pastry, on my FD day!
    I don’t know what gotten into me. I was not even hungry, I actually used the damn thing as a reward for finishing the hardest part of the job. Rewarding my self, is fine but why did I do it with food! Ugg!
    So, even though today is not a FD, I’m going to stick with one meal today. The kid requested, breakfast for dinner more specifically French toast….. not pancakes Mom french toast! By not eating, but one meal, I hopefully can control some of my calories!

@fasterjo……Happy Birthday!

Have a great day, make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 16, Boston USA, CD

@funshipfreddie, no, I was probably genuinely not making sense. I was just thinking how hard it is for me to be moderate about certain things, and I was wondering if fasting appeals to me because it’s NOT moderate – it’s all or nothing. That made me wonder if others who are drawn to fasting for weight loss also feel that way, and if knowing certain characteristics like that helps people tweak the process to work for them.

I have a hard time keeping on top of doing a little a day for a long time for most projects. I like to have them done! But weight loss is inherently a longer-term thing (unless you only have 5 lbs to lose, which I don’t), and endurance is important. I can’t just put off action and expect to lose 30 lbs at the end of 6 months (though I keep acting like I can). Maybe I should check out @penz‘s rec for the procrastination TED talk.

So, I was thinking maybe I should turn this terrible trait to my advantage – do a more intense 3 or 4 days/week liquid or water fast (not 500 cals) for a couple of weeks, but then do a reset week so things don’t get out of hand. Maybe that is not intense, but compared to what I have done in the past it is.

Basically, it’s doing the marathon as a series of sprints, rather than a steady run.

I’m probably still sounding muddled, and it’s before my morning coffee, so that’s probably true 🙂

Day 16 2nd post

@hedwig6 I believe success with 5:2 requires some experimentation to discover what works best for each of us so there is no definitive answer to your question. If you think you can sustain what you are proposing give it a go. It wouldn’t suit me but we are all different. Just be mindful that you could lose the 5:2 plot and what I have found works really well for me both for weight loss and maintenance is a Mediterranean style diet, cut right down on processed carbs and sugars and ‘fast’ twice a week at up to 800 calories…..and I always have a minimum of 14 hours without food between dinner and breakfast/brunch next day. This approach enabled me to lose 30 pounds in a slow and steady way and I enjoyed food and wine on NFDs which is the true beauty of 5:2. I worry when people get too intense that they will fall off the wagon never to return. It took me 12 months to get to my goal and this might seem too slow for you but the important thing is 2 years later I am still maintaining at an all time low adult weight. I still fast every Monday and Thursday and I thoroughly enjoy food and wine. My interpretation of 5:2 works wonderfully for me. Experiment a little and find what suits you just remember its not just about dropping the weight, you need to adopt a WOE that you can live with forever if you want to maintain the loss. Sorry to sound like I’m lecturing…..but you did ask 😉

Day 16 – USA/GA – NFD

I weighed in this morning at 253 lbs., my July goal! Yeah, it will still be a while before it settles at or below that weight, but whew, it has been a weird journey downward this month! August also holds surprises, as we have been told to stop telecommuting that month (even though Georgia is one of the states in the U.S. with rising COVID numbers, smh). It will be interesting if it is easier to deal with the FDs at home or at work. Some say it’s harder to deal with at home. What have been your experiences?

@annabelle48, I will try to keep an eye on my scales, to make sure they don’t make any late night phone calls to your scales. My scales are on good terms with me right now, so I have to be careful not to make them moody again.

Here comes the 4-day NFD weekend for me(starting today). Eek! Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802 (CD)

DTF List – Day 16 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

Day 12 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 13 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 14 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 15 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 16 Oxon, UK NFD
    @brightonbelle -Sorry for my absence.
    Busy weekend with DD and partner coming to stay. Due to their half marathon training we all went for a family run on Sunday morning. Had desserts over the weekend.
    Sunday/Monday overnight MiL decided to pull the emergency cord. Thankfully nothing major just a bit of confusion but due to lack of sleep Monday was a write-off.
    Tuesday went to visit my own mum who hasn’t deteriorated any further thankfully just can’t remember lots of thing. This has been exacerbated by Covid lockdown. Spent yesterday catching up with laundry and housework and finally got around to reading the posts this morning. I’ve not had a fast day this week and today won’t be one either as I’m giving blood this afternoon.
    My plan is to be careful with food over the weekend and then back on track next week with hopefully three FDs.
    @fasterjo – well done for completing C25K. I started the program at the start of lockdown. One of the best things I’ve done.
    @Baileys Mom – welcome. I find the scales fluctuate for a while and then finally settle a little lower every so often.
    @hedwig6 – I like the feeling of control I have with 5:2. I’m a planner so thats what appeals to me.
    @missy bear – your little pep talk gave me food for thought. I think I’m like you, in that it took me a while to lose the weight. Now I need to stick to the WoL to keep it off. I don’t want to go back to being overweight and unfit.
    have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 16 – Ireland – FD

Hi all … busy busy day here and like others I feel I could eat all around me today…. feeling a wee bit virally/sinus and keeping on the lower end of my weight this week so very happy with that and would be great to report a new low tomorrow if I can…BUT CAN I???

We’ll see… willpower where are you my old pal????

So far only liquids but I feel I need something more right now…

beautiful day here and yes I’m spotting lots of foreign number plates around here which is near the sea… not surprised with the pushing back of pubs opening up but they need to manage the current situation with restaurants / pubs with food etc letting too many people in for too long. I feel for the small pubs in rural areas where there is very little Covid…
    Covidiots is such a great word @daffodil2010!!

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802 (CD)
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD (finally!)

I’ve been eating non-stop for three days, and the scales reflected it this morning: instead of approaching 148 or 149 for my July goal, I’m at 157.8 this morning. The comfort is that, although I’ve eaten a LOT, I have NOT eaten an extra 14K+ calories, and I haven’t actually gained 4+ pounds; it’s just water/waste. Don’t know what bee got in my bonnet that I felt so compelled to eat–I wasn’t even depressed about it all, as I was last Thursday, I was simply determined to eat. LOL, I must have been about to lose weight, and my body is determined to hold on to itself as someone said in the last weeks!

@EmmaTaylor, thanks for speaking up. Yeah, it was a really well written little book, and I’ll be fascinated to hear of your results. The thing I struggle with is the number of social occasions where we eat, and I’m the instigator because I love, love, love to cook. For example, Sunday brunch after church is a thing in our family that has only been missed a handful of times in the 31 years my husband and I have been married. How do I (we!) give that up? Perhaps I could do it for two or three months to lose the weight and then go back to 5:2 to maintain the weight?? @daffodil2010, have you had a chance yet to read Fast 5? (I ask already because it’s that fast a read!) @funshipfreddie, dontcha love that Amazon alerts us to things we’ve already purchased? That’s where the search tool on our Kindles is helpful, because things do get buried!

@penz, I’m pulling for you! It’s already way past the moment of decision for you, so how’d it go???

Okay, I’d rather keep reading posts, but I must, must, must get to church and do my “church secretary” thing, I’ll read more later.

“Tomorrow, I’ll be glad I did.” –FUNSHIPFREDDIE

Day 16 Canada FD

Fifth of nine fast me this month and have a chicken salad planned. 😊

Great advice @missybear. I’m working on slow and steady and permanent change
    Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802 (CD)
    @jaifaim
    @bellyblast

Second post
    Be strong @stitchincarol!! I had left my pc screen open so saw your post and adding you to the pocket list 💪

Pocket List – Day 16 🍓
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby
    @bert1802 (CD)
    @jaifaim
    @stitchincarol

Day 16 OMAD London
    @stitchincarol – I understand your reluctance, although this video might help – I think you might be able to slacken off at the weekend, but everybody is different, so maybe see how it works. I am positive I would never have managed to do 4 weeks straight of the five hour eating window without lockdown. I’m not a keen cook, and we normally eat out at least four times a week, usually abroad if the truth be known. We are huge travellers and last year was disastrous for my waistline. I thought that was it, tbh. Fat for good. Just couldn’t see a way back from it. That’s why lockdown has been great for me. I’ve made around thirty dresses, a couple of swimsuits ( at last, tho nowhere to wear them…) and tons of face masks. But, also finally, I found something in fasting that works for my lifestyle, and could be done on holiday. No calorie counting ( maybe I’m supposed to, but I’m not…) and the same every day. Simple for me, but wouldn’t suit everybody. And obvs, a few drinks at the weekend 🍷 🍷 🍷
    https://youtu.be/H6c8_t1py44 – sweet girl who used Fast 5 to lose a fair bit of weight.

Day 16- Atlanta, Ga- USA- NFD

Out of town at the moment. Won’t be back home until Saturday. Trying my best to have CFD’s while I’m here. Probably won’t do any FD’s while I’m here. Have a great day everyone!

2nd post

@missybear, thanks! I *did* ask, and it was because I wanted to hear people’s thoughts. I think you are probably right – it is most likely better for me to stick to building my “slow and steady” muscle, since the all-or-nothing tendency is what got me here in the first place.

That having been said, I think I’ll focus on just one goal at a time in addition to the 5:2. So, I’ll set aside my running and yoga/barre goals for the month since I also have a cleaning & decluttering project goal. I’ll still run, since I enjoy it and it really helps me do everything else, but no goals. Then I won’t feel quite so scattered, or that I’m trying to accomplish things on too many fronts (which I know – it’s not that many! But I’m still building my baby steps here).

@stitchincarol, I am right there with you. Hoping to make some progress the 2nd half of the month. We’ll do this!

@suki2, I’m a planner as well. But I have NOT been doing a great job planning for 5:2. That might partially explain my struggles this month.

@northgeorgia – woot! Congrats on hitting your July goal halfway through! Nice job with goal-setting AND executing.

Day 16, second post

Okay, home from church secretary gig, and have some time before my piano student arrives to finish reading and commenting on posts.

@hedwig6, you actually made sense to me in your original post! I think that, instead of trying to find a way to lose the weight fast, you simply say, “This is my new way of life now, to do 5:2, and I’m doing it because it’s incredibly good for my body. As a side effect, I will lose weight.” Say that over and over and over so that you don’t get impatient with slow results. Because, honestly, fast weight loss is very difficult, rarely healthy, and never lasts. Right? You know that. So instead of looking for fast results, be glad you’re on a path you can stick with for life–because you’re doing this because of how good it is for your body–and be glad that this thing will also help you to lose weight. Slowly, but it will happen. Is there a faster way? Sure. But can you drink wine on all but five days??? 🙂 You have to do what works for you, I do know that, but I also think that you don’t want to over think this and get discouraged and quit. For example, you didn’t decide one day that you wanted to be a runner and wanted to run a marathon–that takes months of training. So whatever distance you’re running, you slowly built up to that, right? See, you already have some skills in doing things little by little. There, hoping you’re feeling encouraged.
    @bert1802, bummer on the indulgence on a FD…but I’m guessing all that work, and the staying up late, burned that many calories you wouldn’t otherwise have burned, right????? (Trying to find a way to console you.) Regardless, congratulations on finishing them!
    @fasterjo, happy birthday!
    @jaifaim, thanks for the encouragement, and thanks for adding me to the pocket list!
    @EmmaTaylor, that was a great little video, and does seem to confirm that you can be looser about the five hours occasionally. I’m watching his TedTalk next and studying his website. I think I could be entirely comfortable with Fast5 most of the time, and am eager to learn more. How long have you been doing this now? (And, it occurs to me that my behavior on M-T-W of this week was exactly Fast5 behavior…perhaps my body is screaming at me to do this, LOL!)
    @northgeorgia, so happy to hear you’re already at your July goal; well done!!

Okay, I’m working on a headache which tells me I need liquid. My new favorite is decaf unsweetened tea with a splash of lemon juice and a squirt of Stevia…yum, yum, yum!

Day 16, THIRD post

I just watched Bert Herring’s TedTalk, and have been doing some reading. I sure would like to talk to someone who’s done the Fast5 for awhile to ask questions. If you’re looking for fast weight loss, and are already comfortable both with 500 calorie days and with OMAD–which I am–then couldn’t you do Fast5 on five days and 500 calorie days (or even LFDs) on two, and see faster, earlier results?

Today’s a FD for me, and I’m happy to stick with it, but I’m going to start the process of practicing Fast5, messing it up (with, for example, brunch after church on Sundays) as needed, and see what results.

The ONLY problem I can see with this is that leftovers are a common lunch food, so without eating lunch, I’ll have to be better about not cooking enough that there are leftovers!! 🙂

I’m kinda excited, can you tell? I’ve been doing OMAD fairly often over the past couple of months and never saw it as anything but a way to keep from eating too many calories in the day; now I see it as a tool to cook and eat as I want, and still reach and maintain my goals.

Love this group where I learn all sorts of cool things!!!

Day 16 UK FD

Another FD under my belt. Very busy at work so easy to stick to OMAD of oven baked fish and veg. Same again tomorrow and then weekend here I come. Have booked lunch with DH on Saturday at a lovely place on the coast. This will be our first time out for a meal since lockdown started so really looking forward to that. Also planning to get together with my 2 oldest friends for lunch soon. Some normality returning to life. Let’s hope this can continue with no regression back into lockdown!

Day 17, NFD, Aus

PFDS! Thanks for putting me on the PL @judyjudes and for your thoughts @Funshipdreddie, @stichincarol. It worked!! Yesterday’s FD was pretty easy. *phew*

I think I know what you’re getting at @hedwig6 which is why I find doing a liquid FD easier than trying to limit myself to 500 calories. The all or nothing approach! What have you got to lose (ha ha) by putting your thought experiment into action? If doing 3-4 FDs in a row doesn’t work for you, I’m sure you’ll find another way to channel your ‘just do it’ attitude! Also, I wonder if you can mentally trick yourself so that each single FD represents a goal in and of itself, so that you complete that task quickly?

@NorthGegoria (or anyone else), apologies for the numpty question, but what does your acronym smh mean? Everytime I see it, I immediately think Sydney Morning Herald (which it probably isn’t!)

I’m going to look in to Fast Five as well. When I was a teenager I just naturally adopted a OMAD approach. Why did I conform to ‘they’ who know better and started forcing myself to eat breakfast?!?

Happy weekend everyone!

Day 16, Second post

smh = Shakes my head

It’s OK, I found out some of my coworkers weren’t sure what LOL meant. I’d hate someone to think it means “lots of love” and people would wonder why they were always laughing at inappropriate times. 😉

Day 17 OMAD London

@stitchincarol – I’ve been doing the Fast 5 option for 4 weeks now. I’m one of those people who NEVER weighs themselves because if I put on weight it makes me miserable and I eat, and if I lose weight I get overexcited and I eat. So no stats I’m afraid, but I made myself a skirt with a fitted waistband about six weeks ago and it’s very loose now, apart from which I can tell by how I look. I will drink some beer tomorrow evening ( today actually..) and my five hour window will probably start at about 7 pm so that it closes at 12 ( I go to bed late…). So, at the moment it seems to suit me. We shall see. No point crowing about it and then finding I can’t sustain it.

Sorry – second post. @penz – the author of the Fast 5 diet says that you can try coffee with a bit of heavy ( I assume this means double) cream and see if it derails your weight loss. Some people may be ok. Some days I can’t resist and it doesn’t seem to make much difference. It takes three weeks to get your appetite ‘corrected’ so you don’t get hungry during the day. The book is worth reading. As @stitchincarol says, it’s a very short book. No waffle.

Day 17 – Japan – WFD #56

A busy day … won’t likely have time to notice the fast!

Day 16 USA (Illinois)

No FD’s for a couple days as I have been approved to return and give my pint of blood (every 8 weeks). After I had bone implant done in February to prepare for dental implant, they said I could not give for a year. I was truly bummed as I think donating blood keeps my body in tune and working well. I guess they were so desperate, they have deferred that restriction. So, drinking extra fluids. Since I was deferred, I ceased my daily iron little pill, so I will see if I have enough red blood to meet their requirement.

Good to read people here are having some nice successes!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD 🍷

Yay, it’s Friday, the long awaited weekend is almost here. After a week of 3.5 hour round trip commutes, training in a new job, I am ready for rest and relaxation this weekend. And wine too!

Good news is that the sacrifice of a weeks commuting has meant that I am much more comfortable with the new tasks, and as my colleague is on leave the week after next and I am her cover, this has been a relief. A few more days of training in Dublin and then hopefully back to my little 10 minute jaunt to the office again.

Better news is that I have managed 18:6 every day this week and am down over 3lbs from Monday ☺️

DH and I are having a little competition between us starting from today’s weigh-in……the aim is to see if at least 1-2lb each can be dispatched by next Friday’s weigh-in. I know already that him, being a man, will lose more than me, but, having us both doing this together will stop either one of us making improper suggestions …..by that I mean wine or treats Ha Ha….not the “other” things 😆😆

@emmataylor and @stitchincarol….I downloaded the Fast 5 and read it yesterday…interesting, but is he suggesting in the end that’s it’s an OMAD or a light grazing to break the fast, then a meal….? Might need to read it again. I do love my lunch though, it will be a big thing to leave it until evening…I have done it before but not sure yet if I really want to.

@jaifaim I can take credit for Covidiots but they sure are around. Most people on my train wear face coverings now but there are still a few who don’t 😳 And, this annoys me….and only for the anonymity of this forum….my youngest stepdaughter has a guy very very keen on her…she is back in Ireland due to Covid and he is planning to fly over from the Uk for the weekend to wine and dine her….all very romantic normally …but it’s a pandemic and supposedly a mandatory 14 day quarantine for all arrivals to Ireland 😡😡. Anyhoo, I keep my mouth shut…..do I need to be the wicked stepmother here!! It’s not my job.

Have a great Friday everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.