July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 723 total)

• USA. /day 19. FD

Another FD today. Yesterday’s went well. I think fasting and eating smaller portions is so much easier when you are suffering through 100 degree F weather. It seems to stifle appetite. This whole week is going to be like that, so possibly a boon to my 5:2!!

It’s also. very dry and very humid here. I am desperately trying to keep my lawn and gardens alive! :(. The only things that seems to grow in these conditions are weeds. Well, weeds mean exercise, so I don’t have any!! Anyway, during these times, there isn’t much else to do.

I was going to have a covid appropriate swim and curbside takeout dining even with my son and daughter-in-law but they asked me to push that back, so next weekend. Many people are still afraid to take advantage of some of the opening of businesses, etc. possibilities when they open, while others just won’t cooperate. My family seems to be very conservative, so I don’t get to see them. Soon! I hope!

Anyway, I wish you all a lovely Sunday! Time for my online Sunday services!

Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

OK, a little back and forth with the scales today. 255 lbs. or 254 lbs. Although the ham and macaroni and cheese was delicious last night, I ate a reasonable portion. I think it was all the salt in it that upped the weight this morning, so I’ll choose 254 lbs. haha

Last NFD before Monday’s FD, so hoping to hold steady right at 255 or below. Gotta be 253 lbs. for the end of the month goal 🙂

A Sunday faster! Best wishes ccco!

Day 19 FD Pocket List
    @ccco

Day 19 Canada CD

Dipped to 61kg and hoping to get as close as I can to my 60kg goal this month. The best news is that I feel totally back in swing with this WOL. The FD’s are going well and I am tuned in to what I eat the rest of the time. Sometimes it includes “no-diet” food, but that is the point of this WOL. Pretty happy.

Been keeping active despite being really busy at work, hence the patchy posting. Loving being in the forest on my bike and swimming in the lakes. Lots of energy 🙂

@jaifaim @betsylee @mia139 and @northgoergia bravo
    @hedwig the tweaking is key to making this successful, I have dropped eating anything ti dinner on FD’s and found it easier
    @saffy420 I am sure you will reach your goal and say goodbye to that pound
    @lilymartin sounds like a fantastic walk, I love all types of weather.

Enjoy your Sunday and see you next week!

Day 19 – Ireland NFD

Quick check in…
    Lovely long spin in the sun early today 🚴‍♀️ . Good food and then more work in the garden… think I’ll be painting for weeks… Definitely good for a FD – the time flies!
    @funshipfreddie I had forgotten all about that song – hope you enjoyed.
    Happy birthday @fasterjo. 🎉
    Looking forward to a good week ahead 👍💪

Day 20, FD, Aus

Wow – the weekend’s posts are just dripping with positivity! Keep that momentum going everyone!

Mega Monday pocket list (day 20)
    @penz

Day 20 country west Australia FD
    The scales are not being nice today BUT I am feeling fine with that – it is after all only their opinion!
    To paraphrase a saying’ The truth does not change just because of our inability to stomach it.’
    Seems particularly apt for 5:2!!
    Previously I would have felt somewhat disheartened at the number on the scales however my jeans are fitting much better, my waist is starting to appear again – the spare tyre deflating OH SO slowly – and as I have upped my exercise by about 150 % with walking, bike riding, belly blast work outing , exercising etc I actually feel quite fine about it all.
    This WOL works and I am sticking with it.
    Hoping for a good FD today – even though we are catering for a lunch.
    I think carbs have become somewhat unfriendly for me and they love to let their calories stick around.😠
    @ccco, congrats on the FDs – and the weed free garden!
    @northgeorgia, 253 lbs is yours by month’s end , I can feel it.
    @bellyblast like you I too am back in the swing of 5:2 and so glad to be here.😊

Day 19 USA *Illinois) NFD

Checking in. Doing fine in maintenance.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – Japan – WFD #57

My arms are sore from working out, that is more noticeable right now than fasting! 😀

Day 20 Melb Aust FD

Going okay, and it’s mid-afternoon, so should be able to manage this FD.

Good to read of good progress for some, and at least no going backwards for others.

@lilymartin, if your clothes are looser, it means the plateau isn’t really a plateau, it’s just a temporary hiatus. Hang strong!

@penz
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland – LFD

Hi all!
    Hope you’re all well.
    Well done @bellyblast – you sound in control 👏👏👏 And @lilymartin sounds like you’re belly blasting 💥 👍
    And @ccco all on your own there yesterday! Well done!
    Going for a win today… will work, get out on bike or foot and paint some more… that’s where my aching arms are coming from @dykask… must be good….

@penz
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Glorious sunshine this morning. I have yet another week for city commuting (sorry that I keep going on about it but I can’t wait for it to be over – I cover for my colleagues leave next week then that should be it)…

..so I will have a very brisk 20 minute walk to and from train to the office, plus I plan a very brisk walk around one of the city parks at lunch time.

So I definitely feel less bloated and more flexible over the past few weeks with the Leslie Sansone workouts and the 3×20 min brisk walks per day. I must measure my waist and try on my measuring trousers for size. @lilymartin, so it seems we are both in the same boat…….and it’s fine ☺️

Back on the Dry till Fri wagon, and aiming for a good result on Fridays weigh in and hoping DH has a good result too. The competition is a little challenge that we are both into.

Great to hear the positivity out there. Day 20 already!

Day 20 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Fresh start after a hectic time, glad to see the back of the last few weeks. Pretty tired as it turned out, easy walk yesterday, BBQ and rest, didn’t realise how much effort had gone into the project! Slonked off to bed barely awake last night, so here we go, back to ‘normality’!

FD’s have been OK recently but can’t even begin to think what the rest were like, although have not been snacking very much and kept some sort of control. Would like to set a new low by the end of the month, hopefully not to difficult as not far to go.

Apologies if I’ve missed a few things, but been somewhat distracted! Although have noticed the challenge thread seems to be getting busier and the pocket list, particularly Mondays seem to be getting longer, which has to be a good thing.

Take care all

@penz
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 20 – UK – FD

Good Morning Everyone

FAST800 = Wk2 D1 SW143.4 CW140.2 Lost3.2lbs

On balance I feel I’ve had a successful 1st week on Fast800. There was a couple of days in the middle of last week where I gained back my scale loss when I’d totally eaten to plan.  I mean absolutely 💯 %. No snacks, no off plan foods, no sugar, no alcohol 🍹 nothing. I did all my exercises apart from my last HIT session which disappeared off my dashboard yesterday. 

What’s been reinforced this week is weight loss isn’t linear.  It peaks and troughs as your body metamorphosis’s into its new shape.  This means when the cells break down fat, it grabs onto water to stabilise itself and then it releases it once it’s found it’s equilibrium. So I will tell myself this the next time I see a weight rise.  Note to self, a similar process occurs when we start to build muscle too. So I expect to see a few peaks and troughs along the way but I will trust in the process and the Plan 😊

@penz
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes

Have a great week!

Day 20 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Have a good week 3 everyone.

Together we are invincible! 🥇

Mega Monday Pocket List (Day 20) 🍏
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 20 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Beautiful sunny morning here, will make it easier to make good FD choices 🥬🍏😎

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

2nd Post

Hi @annabelle48 and anyone else who’d like to join. I’ve figured how to create a link to my WhatsApp group. No obligation, just support and hand holding.

https://chat.whatsapp.com/BjXmnwOAH8NL98e40jUOY6

You’d have to enter thefastdiet.co.uk on your phone for the link to work … I think 🤔

Take care

Day 20 FD UK

I can’t bear this. Have just lost the whole of my post trying to add my name to pocket list. Not going to try again. I’ll be there in spirit.

@judyjudes. I am so pleased for you with your fantastic weight loss. Very motivating for me.
    Calorie allowance is much too high for me on 800 plan NFD. I don’t normally eat that amount normally. Will have to adjust. What did you do?
    Will try your link to what’s app and see how I get on.

All the best everyone. May have time to post some more later. I HATE TECHNOLOGY when it misbehaves.
    Grrrr.

Day 20 – 2nd Post

@annabelle48 – you’re on the list! 😉

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

Day 20 Oxon, UK FD
    Too much chocolate yesterday. Opened a box of Turkish delight thins with the intention of having one or two but they had stuck together. 5 or none, I went with 5 🙂
    FD today. Quite a ‘strict’ week this week to make up for nothing last week.
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2

Day 20 UK FD

It’s a good feeling , actually looking forward to a FD ! It’s a great way to restore balance after the weekend ☯️

Lots of great positive energy from everyone today We can achieve our goals this month !

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

3rd Post

@annabelle48 Thank you 🙏. If the weight loss sticks I have already met my mini goal for July. I posted a graph on thefast800 site that illustrates the peaks and troughs over the past month of my weight loss. It looks like a the Pyrenees 😬. My husband commented on my emerging waistline this morning, so something is working. I’d actually forgotten I’d had one. Up to my 30s it was about 21inches. Those days have gone and I would happily settle for 28.

In regards to meals/calorie content of the menus, I’m adapting some things. Mostly I miss the breakfast and only have 2 meals. If I’ve rhubarb ready to harvest I’ll make several pots of the Rhubarb Yoghurt breakfast but have it as a dessert. If something is particularly high in calories I might swap it out altogether. Overall I’m loving the recipes and it’s rejuvenated my cooking repertoire.

I’m doing my Zoomy Yoga 🧘‍♀️ late morning 😊. One of my favourite bits is the Savasana at the end.

Take care.

2nd post.

@funshipfreddie thank you very much for adding me to the list.

Day 20. OMAD London UK

Just adding myself to the pocket lists

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @brightonbelle

Day 20, London, UK, LFD

Just finished my Zoom yoga class, I’m shattered!!! Not from exertion, from the heat, my living room is like an oven in the morning sunshine!!!🌞

I didn’t have time to plan this week’s NFD meals yesterday, so I’ll do them after I post, not sure how good an idea that is on a LFD, but it’s early enough to navigate the hunger wave😲 ………………………… hopefully!!!

@judyjudes, thanks for the explanation about cells metamorphosing, I always explained the change from ‘grabbable fat handle’ to ‘floppy fat pouch’ in a similar way!!! I look forward to the floppy fat pouches appearing 🙌 as they change from fat-filled to water-filled, then the many trips to the loo🏃 to get rid of the excess water meaning a whoosh!!!!! I wish I had known it works in the same way for muscle growth!! Last year doing the 30 Day shred, I panicked and stopped even though my waist was being whittled & I was developing some serious buns of steel …………………………… just because the number on the scale was rising at what seemed an alarming rate😱!!! Soooooo stupid to let the numbers rule me, when my shape was changing quite dramatically!!!!😢 Doh!!!😖

As we’re nearly 2/3rds through this challenge and @at is taking a break from posting (I hope you’re lurking!!) I’m wondering if there are any other ‘spreadsheet aficionados’ out there who could set up the August spreadsheet when the time comes? We’ve got some time, so no pressure!!!

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Stay strong everyone, we HAVE got this!!!!

Day 20, Boston, MA, FD

Nice work to those who have been making progress. @judyjudes, Fast800 sounds like it’s working well for you!

@flourbaby I could take a stab at the spreadsheet. I think it would be relatively straightforward to duplicate the July one. Does everyone add themselves fresh, or should I carry over the names from the prior month?

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Man, I’m starting to dread weekends. Another pound gained, 255 lbs. teetering on 256! I need to start analyzing where the extra calories are coming from on the weekends; both weekends this month where the weight increased 2-3 lbs. in four days were holidays/celebration times. Hmmm… I’m going to have to observe that a little more closely. Oops, just remembering the double portion of vegetable stew last night that I ate beyond satiety instead of freezing for later. OK, not going to beat myself up about that, just got to make better choices on snacking and portions. I also need to incorporate more indoor physical activity when weather is too rainy or too hot to cooperate (which sums up July in Georgia).

Still, I’m entering this fast day a little lighter than last Monday’s FD, so I should be back on track. Just gotta get to the July goal… come on 🙂

Good luck, everyone!

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 20…..Florida…..CD

I’m a bit behind….. trying to finish a few last minute projects before the hubby decides to come on home. Today, is my last day off before heading back to work for the week. We are having a roast with potatoes tonight that is why it’s a CD. Tomorrow, will be my FD.

I can’t wait until these project are done!

Have a great day, make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

3rd post

@ JudyJudes. Your explanation re weight loss and fat cells was very interesting. Will keep it in mind.
    Don’t think much of the 800 site. I found a couple of your posts but took me ages trawling through to find them. Interesting that they actively discourage using the recipe book. I understand the copyright issue but they then go on to say they have tweaked etc. and improved. I noted one post saying they had gone off piste so to speak and lost 9kg so that bit doesn’t hold water for me.

I find this a much better site for ease of use, and am not impressed with the excuse they are working to improve site. They have been going long enough to have got that all ironed out, however some of the recipes look good so will use those.

Re your What’s App. I can’t make anything work. Have tried various combinations but no luck but as you may have gathered I’m not the brightest when it comes to technology.

Keep up the good work you seem to be doing very well.

Day 20 Canada NFD

The sun is shining and I feel this is going to be a good week and a hot one!

I have bee thinking about my lifelong eating habits. I must have tried every diet out there, yes all those crazy ones included. Of course I came unstuck because the food was terrible or restrictive and the cravings for a decent meal won over. I love to cook and have over 250 cookbooks so that is aways going to happen. With this WOL I know I can have it all. Last night I had some amazing Italian meatballs and ricotta gnocchi and kept the portion on the small side. No guilt, remorse or feeling like I had failed again. Just a strong resolve that this WOL is 100% for me and I have finally found a fit!

Good luck to all the fasters today. I am joining the DTF gang:)
    @emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

4th Post … sorry

I totally agree @annabelle48 about this forum being better and more user friendly than the paid for subscription one. It will be a deal breaker when it comes to becoming a monthly subscriber after the 12 week plan has ended. It is increasingly frustrating and not conducive to forming on line support …. Online peer supported forum is a tag line they regularly use to sell Plans. It just doesn’t make sense.

In regards to the WhatsApp link … it does work if you open on phone and have the WhatsApp app already installed. A lady has joined via the link. I’m not sure if she is from this forum or the other as she’s using her real rather than a tag. I know apps, devises and such can be a complicated business.

Take care I’m off now to do some chores … with vigour to use more calories 😬

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

I started this post yesterday, and simply didn’t get very far; between church in the morning, preparing our brunch and time with our DS, Sundays seem to be over before I’m fully aware they’ve begun, LOL!

Fast5 is going swimmingly. We ate our brunch at 12:15 yesterday, and I ate only a bit at 5:30 last night, so didn’t push the five hour window much beyond the five hours. Yesterday I was again up 3 or 4 pounds but this morning am again back down. It’ll be awhile before it’s clear just how my body is reacting to the Fast5 plan (and doing 500 calorie days as usual on M/Th), and a week from now is when we start our two-week vacation (when I WON’T do 500 calorie days), and who knows how well I’ll manage to stick to eating only in a five hour window when I’m with family on vacation, but the more days I do this, the easier it feels. I’m guessing today will be unusually tough since the bulk of my food yesterday was so much earlier in the day; perhaps instead of a six o’clock supper, I’ll be suggesting a four o’clock supper, LOL!

@EmmaTaylor: “I’m a firm believer in regular brainwashing to keep up impetus 😝😝😝” Yeah, that’s exactly how I feel about it!!
    @ccco, what state are you in? I wonder every time you write about your weather. I’m with you on a weed-free garden; I’ve never, and I do mean never, had such a “perfect” yard until this year! I have the front and the spaced-brick sidewalk there to keep weeded; the huge perennial bed; the herb bed; the sidewalk bed; the huge hosta bed; the little clothesline bed; and the veggie bed. All weed-free, all trimmed and sculpted and planted and watered…yup. It’s a good year for a garden, except for how dry and blistering hot it is. 🙂
    @dykask, congratulations on being so disciplined about exercising!
    @judyjudes, glad to hear your success and your confidence! And I just read your post about your waist formerly being about 21–You’re about the first person I’ve ever “met” who had a smaller waist than my 23.5″!! Pants were blistering hard to find, huh????? 🙂 Yeah, I too would happily settle for 28″ at this stage, although I’d be happier yet with 26″. There’s so much we can control about weight loss, but waist loss is tougher. Time will tell, eh?
    @northgeorgia, you KNOW the fluctuating a scale does normally–you are GOOD. You’ll reach that July goal! How are your folks doing?
    @bert1802, good luck finishing those tasks before DH is home, and enjoy that roast and potatoes tonight!

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
    and
    “Tomorrow I’ll be glad I did.” – FUNSHIPFREDDIE

Day 20 North Canton OH LFD

I am back! Cincinnati was fun and restful but it’s good to be back. Today is also my first day back in the office. The office was always quiet but now it’s a ghost town, with everyone firmly ensconced behind closed doors.

I am glad to back though. I know I can safely work from the office and I appreciate the structure that this will insert back into my routine.

I was able to get my 30 minute run and upper body workout completed before I headed into the office. Just as I had difficulty transitioning to work from home, I am having some difficulty transitioning to work from office, but that is to be expected.

I watched some Jason Fung videos over the weekend to get my head in the game for my planned extended liquid fast this week and next week; office clothes fit too tight😒 I have some work to do because I am NOT buying any new clothes

@judyjudes thanks for the succinct reminder regarding the peaks and troughs

@flourbaby we live to learn and you are doing so great with your mojo; and ze heat!! I so sympathize! During my run this morning, I could literally feel myself disappearing into a puddle of sweat

@northgeorgia good call not to beat yourself up, learn from your slip ups and carry on

I regret the indiscriminate consumption of wine, nuts, pizza and dessert that I indulged in over the last 2 months as well. But ah well c’est la vie- we stumble to rise again ✨

The pocket list beckons and I will not resist😁😁

@emma-taylor
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @dykask WFD
    @betsylee
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @annabelle48
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @flourbaby LFD
    @hedwig6
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 20 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast

USA. Day 20 NFD

Stitchincarol, I live in New York City and Maryland right outside of Baltimore. I’ve been staying in Baltimore, since the Covid lockdown because I thought it would be safer, so that is where my perfect gardens are. In any case, Baltimore is very hot and dry. I water my grass every day but that barely helps. Despite my watering, some of my bushes are starting to die. It looks like the dust bowl out there! In any case, this heat is making fasting easier. It’s hard to eat in this kind of heat. My NFD will be closer to a FD because I only have the hunger for one meal, so that makes the heat somewhat useful!

We have quite a FD list today and a nice size DTF list. Good luck, everyone. Have a great and safe day! Now back to watering my plants! LOL

Day 21, NFD, Aus

PFDS. *phew* it was a struggle yesterday and I did dip into the PB jar, but it was still a FD. I know it was because I was so cold!! 🙂

Why is it that I can be so hungry on a FD, and then not at all hungry when I wake up the next day? Does anyone have a scientific explanation? It’s as if my body resets itself back to normal, and “normal” for me is not to feel hungry until about 11am.

How are your parents going with 5:2, @northgeorgia?

Day 21 country west Australia CD
    Yesterday’s FD went fairly well.
    @penz, not too sure if it’s a scientific explanation but I think it is something to do with resetting the ‘ hunger’ switch and the ghrelin/leptin levels changing after a fast.
    There are others here with better scientific knowledge than mine!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD

Water fast was easy as it should be. Eating days are hard for me. Once I start I don’t want to stop. I have nothing but respect for those that can do 800 or fewer calories a day many times. I could do it a few times but by then I would probably try to eat my shoes.

Day 21 – UK – NFD

Good Morning Everybody

On point FD yesterday. Was slightly peckish last night, distracted my self by deadheading my petunias … true story … then had a shower & bed. Slept ok to so that side of things must be settling down now.

@dykask you’re post made me giggle … ‘eat my shoes’ 😂 I admire anyone who can water fast. Only ever done one when I’ve been medically instructed … prior to operation/procedure. Well done on your progress & resolve.

@ccco I love NYC. I’ve only had the opportunity to visit once. It was several days at Christmas time. Absolutely magical when we woke to snow on the ground the first morning & I loved the diversity of the place.

@basyjames you’re welcome.

@stitchincarol yes I was tiny. Barely 5ft, petite frame. Always had a bust though. In those days c cup but now G 😳. Love to go down a couple of sizes but weight never leaves my bust once it’s in residence. I was quite handy with a sewing machine back in the day and used to make most of my own clothes.

Wishing you all a great day!

Day 21 – Ireland – CD

Hi all! 👋

Good to see those of you on the other side of the world had a good day yesterday 💪.

Well not quite a LFD yesterday in the evening I just had to have some food… orange and crackers and houmous so 380 cals but that’s ok… I had a very busy work day and continued painting at lunchtime and straight after so I’m sure I was burning cals.

Have a good day everybody! I’ve another busy one today – will paint 🎨 some more too… this is a long process but I’m enjoying it 😊. I’m still only on the first coat too 🥴 I was going to pay someone to do it but much more satisfaction this way ✅

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 21 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Beautiful sunny morning, just a bit cooler overnight (already)

Getting back into the routine with walking, really missed it recently (did I mention a certain project!) apart from MOAM walks, we like our longer more leisurely strolls or, as yesterday, a walk with purpose. If we need just an odd thing or two or visit the post office etc that’s a 3 mile walk taking the shortest route, but we seldom use the shortest, that would be a busyish road all the way, through the deer park or along the estuary is far nicer.

Yesterdays FD was very easy, didn’t quite burn off more calories than burned, but was very close.

@jaifaim – the one thing that was quite surprising while I was doing the kitchen project, was the calories burned each day, even when I thought I’d not done as much, it all helps!

Take care all

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Going to be good today. Unfortunately I jumped out of yesterday’s pocket list and DTF with fish and chips and wine.

Still down a couple of pounds from yesterday, water weight from weekend. I have decided that I will just stick to basic 5:2 following 16:8 Monday to Friday. With all the recent explanations re fat pockets etc I know that weight is not the marker…it’s clothes and waist, so I won’t despair.

@stitchincarol and @judyjudes….even at my teeniest, tiniest, barely 7 stone and super slim….I NEVER had a waist less than 28″!!!! I am a classic Apple (even more so now) which is good as my slim hips make me look thinner, but when the waist expands….oooooh!!! I would be very happy to settle for a 30″ waist but never got beyond 31″ in the past 10 years.

How different we all are ☺️

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Pocket list Day 21
    @daffodil2010

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – I also wondered why I don’t wake up hungry after a FD. I imagine those pesky hunger hormones go to sleep when we do; but then some people do struggle with sleep/hunger at night after fasting.

@daffodil2010 – I’m popping you on the DTF list, just in case. I hate to suffer alone 😜

Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010

DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 21 CD UK

Good morning everyone.
    Yesterday FD was successful, 8oz off this morning. Did some measuring and have lost 1” off waist and half an inch off hips. Feel I am getting somewhere. Have to confess I was very hungry in the evening but kept reminding myself that it would pass as MM says, and it did.

Having a bad time with PMR at the moment so doctor has increased steroid dose which is not good for weight but I need it to deal with pain. Fortunately it is not a big jump in meds so am hoping it will not affect weight. Because of this have not been able to do much if any exercise of late but might manage a walk today.

Feeling positive today(tablets), so plan on a good CD to keep up the good work.

Glass half full. Keep strong everyone.

Day 21 UK NFD

@penz How strange – this morning for the first time in ages I decided I wasn’t going to have breakfast after a FD . to be honest I’m usually not hungry just think I should reward myself

Great result @annabelle48 . @daffodil2010 ,@stitchincarol and @judyjudes A waist is one of my goals , not sure it’s achievable but 28ins is my goal – I’m a long way off !! I can see an improvement so I’m living in hope

We are still n the final 1/3rd of the month Let’s keep this positivity going 💪

Whoops nearly forgot
    DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 21, London, UK, NFD

Just a cup of peppermint tea, water & ACV yesterday😇. Aiming for a healthy controlled NFD today, there’s 1/3 bottle of Malbec which I’ve promised myself, but if I feel it might make the siren call of the cashew nuts that wee bit louder …………………. It’ll go back into the cupboard!!!!

@penz, in the small world of me, me, me, I like to imagine I’m the only one struggling through FDs wanting to eat everything in sight, feeling smug when I don’t crack but continuously planning for the next days’ feast 🍷🍧🍰🍗🍟🍫🌰🍩🍿🍜🍌 ……………..🐑, only to wake up on my NFD feeling decidedly un-ravenous!!!! Why am I insatiable on day’s I’ve limited my eating but not even remotely hungry (until I actually eat & the avalanche starts!!) on days I CAN eat whatever I choose??!! I think @lilymartin is right the hormone roller-coaster strikes again, it still baffles me even without my ‘time-of-life’ issues😜!!!

@dykask, I agree, the avalanche effect is REAL. There’s no point dealing with the stress and angst it was causing me😢, so LFDs have been a blessing🙏. Phew!!! 500cals was doable at the beginning of my journey even easy, then 800cals threw me for a loop as it meant I couldn’t stop eating, but 500 then seemed so restrictive, hence the ‘gain of 2019’😠!!!! I think if I had stuck to the original 500cal plan, I wouldn’t have known any different😟, have been at my goal and happily 5:2-ing for life!!! ………….. No shoes👟 though, thank goodness!!!

Perhaps in August we’ll have a ZBC pocket list – ‘Zero Breakfast Club’ …………………….. I’ll nail that one since I never have breakfast anyway😎!!!! The ZBC can encourage extending our fasts as long as possible, as they say ………………….. ‘every little helps’!!!

Stay strong everyone, we’ve got this!!!!

Day 21…… Florida……FD

It definitely been a crazy week…… majority of my projects are finished. So, I’m beginning to focus and me again. I realized, I am no longer 20 and big projects take more from me then I’d like.

Today, is a FD, for me! I plan on making it a strong one too. Chicken Caesar salad for dinner……

Well, I’m running a bit late this morning so!

Have a great day, make good choices

I’m totally lacking the zip-dee part of my doo- dah day!

Day 21 Oxon, UK FD800
    Good fast day yesterday came in at 555 cals. Managed to drown the hunger dragon with plenty of water and ignore the calls for food by doing the job I hate most, weeding our front garden. Lots of little weeds in amongst the gravel, a tiresome but necessary job.

Can’t make up my mind whether today will be an FD800 or a CD, all depends on how hungry I feel at lunchtime. Breakfast and dinner already counted out so I can make the necessary adjustment. Since last week was a washout probably will make it and FD800.

Just completed butterfly count on my dog walk this morning. Hard to count some of them as the field to seem to be alive with the same variety. I don’t know if I was just lucky this morning. I also had successful trip to the market, the craft lady is now stocking knitting wool again so I can get cracking with next stage jumpers for great niece and nephew.
    Joining the pocket list and the dry till Fri.
    Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 21 — USA/GA — NFD

Had a good FD yesterday, right at 500 calories. Scales wanted to give me 254 but was OK with 253 lbs., so I took the lower one, my goal weight for the month, in hopes of seeing that number or one a little bit lower by July 31.

Went on another thread yesterday and remembered that sometimes the scales don’t seem to move and the tape measure may even come up with the same figures, but trying on those clothes that were once too tight may reveal more truth. I had three pairs of trousers tucked away in a drawer — this was when I brought in some smaller sizes from storage about a month ago when I started to lose weight (sorry to those who already read this on another thread). I am transitioning from a 46 to a 44 in waist. Two pair wouldn’t fit yet (I realized they were 42s, so no wonder!) and the other was a 44 and fit (a bit snug, but) okay. It felt good to hang them back in the closet.

Some of you asked about my parents. They seem to be sticking to it. My father is very active with things around the garden/yard/shop and I can tell he has definitely lost weight. They only want to weigh in once a month, and that should be soon, so when they give me an update, I’ll let you know!

Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 21 North Canton OH LFD
    I did not drink as much water as I planned yesterday; the goal was to drink 1 gallon and I only managed half of that. Still not hungry. I am sipping on a cup of coffee this morning, which was the only thing I had yesterday.
    @penz for me, it’s more psychological than physiological. We want what we can’t have, at least that is what it is for me. On NFD I go in my kitchen thinking “I can have anything I want” but most of the time I really don’t want anything. On FD I go in my kitchen and there are traps everywhere!
    @dykask I have to agree, water fasts (except I allow myself one a cup of coffee) are relatively easy for me. It’s the NFD that are a minefield. I am aiming for those days when I stopped eating as soon as I felt full – or avoiding refined carbs. I think if I can stick to the Mediterranean diet, I will have better self-control on my non fast days
    @judyjudes 5ft and a c cup with an itsy-bitsy waist? Lordy woman! The stuff dreams are made of!
    I slept so cool last night, did not even sweat once and no hot flashes. Fasting is so helpful with the hot flashes and sweats. Refined carbs just kill me; I am a hot sweaty mess when I consume them-same with flavored beer, which begs the question “why do you torture yourself with the things that you put in your mouth?”
    @flourbaby ZBC in August? I am down!!!!

Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010
    @suki2
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Oh, so many lovely posts, and I really want to chatter with you all, but I’m headed out the door shortly to get the struts replaced on my car. I have no idea what that actually means, but DH said the mechanic was right, so that’s what’s happening, LOL.

Easy FD yesterday, coming in at less than 350. FINALLY down to a pound less than I started July; hoping this downward trend finally continues. I won’t make my July goal, but a downward trend is always good news, even when it’s slow.

More later!

Day 21 Melb Aust TDEE

Yesterday’s FD ended up being around 850 cals, but better than a CD. TDEE today fairly well controlled, and FD again tomorrow.

@basyjames, good to have you back.

@daffodil2010, I was rooting for your long commute finishing this week. Now you have to continue it another week to fill in for others. Sigh! You’ll get there.

@judyjudes, I would love to reduce my waist more – I think it’s sagging fat now that’s making it larger, as right under the bustline I’m 2.5 inches smaller. Can’t remember my waist ever being as low as 21 inches, though (I’m also just over 5 ft in height). However, on this WOL weight loss saga, my bust has gone down nearly 5 inches, waist 5 inches and hips nearly 6 inches so I guess I can’t complain.
    My waist to hip ratio is a healthy 0.78 (medicos recommend less than 0.8), but it used to be 0.7,so things have changed, and it’s the waist which is the problem.

So – I’d love to eliminate the roll of fat at the waist. Does anyone have any suggestions re exercises to target that area? I have always been a gourd shape, but my waist really should be smaller now than it is. Advice please!!

@flourbaby, I would join your ZBC as a lifelong member 🙂 . Now I’m not forcing myself to eat breakfast as “the most important meal of the day” I do much better in controlling eating for the rest of the day. Also considering doing a few LFDs next week, just to mix things up.

Onward and downwards, everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.