July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 723 total)

• Day 21 Canada FD

Only 4 more FD’s for me this month so I am motivated:)
    I have decided to tackle decluttering a large storage space, much overdue as I now can’t find things I need. Should keep me busy for some time.

Take care everyone and have a great day

Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010
    @suki2
    @basyjames
    @bert1802
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 21. OMAD. London UK

I’ve just watched this on YouTube. Recommended by Gin Stephens, of Delay,Don’t Deny fame. A complete revelation about how different foods affect people’s blood sugar. How comes this isn’t more widely known? It could explain a lot.

https://youtu.be/0z03xkwFbw4

Please would somebody add me to the DTF list? Thank you.

USA. Day 21. FD

Adding myself to pocket list!

Pocket List – Day 21 🍇
    @daffodil2010
    @suki2
    @basyjames
    @ccco

And to the DTF lists:
    DTF List – Day 21 ☕️
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @ccco

I always read the posts first which is one of the reasons I wind up adding myself to these lists so late! LOL. The extreme heat here continues to help me with my FDs. Most of the time I just want something to drink, and of course its a diet drink like ice tea!

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 22 country west Australia trying for a FD
    @Bert1602, definitely lacking my zippa dee do in my doo da day!!
    Woke up feeling bloated, headachy and generally ‘ blah’.
    Got on the scales who were VERY unfriendly taking me back to where I was at the start of the month.
    But I did go out to dinner and there was a little wine and a little cake ( chocolate ganache mousse cake – unexpected but delicious!!).
    Initially disappointed I realised that it was my own doing. Keep on keeping on – sigh.
    The scary thing is that I am eating about half of what I was eating some months ago. I can’t imagine how much I would weigh if I wasn’t doing 5:2!!😲
    This morning I have decided to go low carb. Went on the Healthline site and read all the relevant info, which as a health professional I already know but choose to mostly ignore or plead ignorance???!
    Anyway they have a Mood Food section where you write down what you eat and then how you feel afterwards.
    Will try that for the 12 day challenge and see what happens.
    I do LURVE my carbs though….😢😢
    I am also plugging into MFP and writing down EVERY morsel I eat to weed out the culprits.
    Dragging my feet out the door to take my Pilates class. Hope the 15 minute drive helps me to get my oomph back.

Day 22, NFD, Aus

I’m also in the ZBC, @flourbaby! We had a work breakfast meeting today, so of course I ate breakfast. I still feel so stuffed!!! Definitely won’t need lunch. I also plan the next day’s feast on a FD – and feel almost disappointed when I wake up the next day just not interested in indulging any of it.

Happy Wednesday everyone (@Funshipfreddie: insert camel here!)

Day 22, Emden Germany, FD800
    Day 11-21 NFD

I’m sorry for the lack of posting, I got lost in the world of books and haven’t been online for a while. Not posting here also means I’m not fasting so I decided the computer out again to end this month with a few FDs.

Pocket list day 22
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 22 – Ireland – FD

Hi all!

Welcome back @snowflake56 it’s good to see you back!
    I had another busy day yesterday so it was very nearly a fast day…
    Will go for good FD today. ✅

Have a good day everybody! I’ve another busy one today – no painting as it’s raining here today. 🎨

Pocket list day 22
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 22 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

At last yesterday was a good old ‘back to normal’ day!
    Out for a walk first thing, home for coffee, bottled last weeks brew, followed by strimming and mowing the lawn, then friends called for a sit out in the garden for a catch up and coffee! Far better day than DIY as far as I’m concerned!

Quickly back into the routine, recording everything on MFP app and fitbit again, taking no notice of my TDEE which is top side of 2000, but limiting NFD’s to maximum of 1600 calories daily intake and exercise calories burned are not used to allow me to fiddle around, as I found a few years ago when I tried using MFP, easy to fall into that trap!

Another few days then I’ve been at this WOL for a year, will give an update of the year soon. Very pleased to say the least!

Might join the DTF, give it a try on Thursday 😉

Take care all

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@snowflake – welcome back!

@betsylee – I’m afraid it’s just not possible to target one area to reduce fat, despite what some fitness trainers, advertisements & magazines tell us. This is from Wikipedia: ‘Studies have shown that it is not possible to reduce fat in one area by exercising that body part alone. Muscle growth in a region does not reduce fat in that region. Instead, fat is lost from the entire body as a result of diet and regular exercise.’ I read an analogy somewhere, that it would be like attempting to scoop water from the corner of a pool, & expecting the water only from that area to remain free of water.

@emma-taylor – you’re on the DTF list.

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 UK, FD

Not checked in for a few days, we had a bit of a family emergency but all sorted now. The side effect has been not sticking to plan since the weekend. I’m in work this morning so will miss lunch and have a tuna salad planned for later which will give me a solid FD, first since last Wednesday. Not dared the scales yet, maybe tomorrow 🙂. Although I’ve eaten more than I should I’ve stuck to no alcohol so far.

It’s our wedding anniversary at the weekend, we have a restaurant delivery planned and the order includes dauphinois potatoes, cheese, apple pie – all our favourites so I need to get a couple of FDs under my belt before Saturday. I might try a b2b today and tomorrow.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Day 22 – UK – NFD Wk2 D2 SW143.4 CW139.2

Good Morning All

I’m really enjoying the meals on my Fast800 plan. Anything I don’t like you can swap out with other suitable suggestions. I’m under the elusive 140lbs and have been for 2 days now. I’m hoping it will stick. The last time I was firmly under was a year ago for about a month, then I took my eye of the ball. Lesson learnt!

@betsylee My waist is 33 today. Not much reduction but heading in the right direction. I envy your reducing bust line. My back size is reducing but the twins are as robust as you can get! In the past I’ve seriously considered a surgical reduction but on balance I don’t want to risk the complications surgery can bring. Over my life I’ve had some major surgeries including spine, bowel resection (perforated), full hysterectomy with bi-lateral oomphectonomy (sp). The 9 hr BR was due to complications from the hyster so I already have personal experience of things going wrong. It’s great you’ve achieved your healthy ratio. I’m not there yet.

@snowflake56 Welcome back!

@basyjames I was sometimes referred to as Jessica Rabbit 🐰😳. I’d say more kylie 😅

@flourbaby perhaps you’re appetite is reduced the day after FD because your blood glucose & insulin levels are low/balanced. I utilised that concept the day before a FD; I’m mindful what I have the day before to ‘set a low appetite’ (done for me on the plan).

@annabelle48 Great loss! And to see a reduction in waist size is very motivating. What’s PMR apologies if you’ve already explained up thread and I’ve missed it.

@brightonbelle @daffodil2010 Thank you 🙏 I’m finding reducing visceral fat the most hardest aspect if I’m honest. But it is the most important for health reasons.

Wishing everyone a good day!

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 FD Uk

Good morning all. Hope you are all well and firing on all cylinders.

Kept to plan yesterday and plan FD today, nibbling away at weight. Unfortunately steroids have been increased slightly which is good for pain but bad for weight. I know I will not have huge losses but each ounce helps so will focus on that.

@ Emma Taylor. I watched the utube link you posted. Very interesting. There is more on the subject in theMM book The Clever Guts Diet and I believe you can send a poo sample to the Erans and they will advise on best diet for your microbiome. Not cheap though, I think in the region of £100.
    How do you post link? I assume it is my old friend copy and paste but what do you copy from?

@ JudyJudes. Glad you are enjoying the food and the journey. It seems to suit you very well which is good. PMR is polymyalgia rheumatica. It is very painful and you feel very ill with it, all your joints ache.
    For some reason the adrenal glands stop producing cortisol which is what the steroids replace. The idea is to gradually reduce the steroids and the body will kick in and start producing. In my case it is reluctant but am seeing a rheumatologist on Friday so maybe more positive news.
    Sorry but I had to take myself off the WhatsApp site. Just couldn’t cope with the inundation of texts.
    I will stick to this site. Lovely people and very interesting exchange of wide ranging information.

@penz. What I ZBC please.

Will somebody please put me on the Pocket List. Can’t risk losing all this typing like last time. I will. Rack this eventually!!!

Glass half full.

2nd post.

Thought I had checked post but rack should read crack. Doh.

Day 22 – 2nd Post

@annabelle48 – you’re on the list 😉 ZBC = ‘zero breakfast club’.

I just realised I messed up my earlier post too, duh? Last sentence should have been, ‘it would be like attempting to scoop water from the corner of a pool, & expecting only that area to remain free of water’.

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 Melb Aust FD900

Intended to keep lower, but I’ll take 900 cals over 1500-1800.

@funshipfreddie, I know that fat has to go from everywhere, but I want to tighten up the underlying core muscles, which should improve things a bit. I was asking here because sometime last year there was a hula hop group going for a couple of months, and (I think) that was to work on waist measurement reduction. Just can’t remember the details.

@judyjudes, you’ve certainly been in the wars with surgery – I think you meant oophrectomy(?) with the hysterectomy.

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee FD900

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Down we go yet again! 🙂

3rd post.

Thank you very much for looking after me @ FUNSHIPFREDDIE.

Day 22 Second post – “hula hoop”, I meant!

Day 22 OMAD London UK

@funshipfreddie ( I just love that name. I have a mental picture of you which is probably completely wrong…). Thanks for putting me on the DTF list. You can do that any time you want! Except the weekend obvs.
    @annabelle48 – the only way I could think of to do a link was to forward the YouTube video to my email address, which provides a link, then copy and paste. There’s probably a better way….
    Went for a long (22,000 step) walk with a friend in Richmond Park yesterday. She is very keen on stopping for drinks and food, so I fibbed and said I was skipping lunch. She asked me why, so I said I was skipping breakfast as well. ‘ Oh, are you doing intermittent fasting? My daughter does that.’ It’d be great if IF was seen by young people as the best way to get healthy and lose weight, rather than all the useless nonsense plugged by people trying to sell something. Her daughter is a clever girl, with no weight to lose, but who clearly has done her research and has seen the benefits. Yay.

Day 22 Oxon, UK. FD800
    Yesterday morphed into a CD so I’ll make today the FD800 instead.
    Just finished zoom yoga where we focussed on inversions. It was good fun to try, but I’ve got a lot more fear than when I was a child. Hey ho.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee FD900
    @suki2 FD800

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 22……Florida…….CD

So damn proud of myself to say the least. I ended the day with a solid FD right at 495 calories. Rough day at work yesterday but instead of running for my usual rough day, fancy coffee, I went home straight a away and made a cup at home.

I also slept fantastic…… ever wake up and just say wow, I slept good! That was me this morning!

Today I am going to really try and control myself food wise, stay within my 1200 calories.

@lilymartin……I hope you get your zip-a-dee back! I find that days, I’m lacking, are my most dangerous days. I tend to self sabotage, saying, I deserve x, y and z because it was a tough day, people are getting on my nerves, etc. but the important thing to remember today is a new day and we got this!

@snowflake56……welcome back…..

Have a great day, make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 22, London, UK, LFD,

It’s so hot today🌞, I don’t expect the liquid part of my day to be an issue!!! Just finished a Zoom pilates class which was sweatier than usual!!

Yesterday although salad was on the menu, I was too busy cleaning windows and hanging curtains💪 to make it, so ended up having prawn pasta instead. Today I’m feeling sooo tired, I could have a nap right now!! I’m blaming the pasta, but it could be the glass on vino🍷 I had with it😁😜 ………………… it’s the law, vino🍷 WITH pasta!!!

Welcome back @snowflake56, for me, posting here is the only accountability I have to stick to this WOL……………. I’m not great at self-motivating!!!😎

@hedwig6, thanks for the spreadsheet offer, I never use it and have no idea how to set it up, so hopefully someone else can offer advice(?).

I can’t believe we’re nearing the end of the month, time certainly flies the older I get😜!!! To those whose month isn’t quite going to plan …………………………………………

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

3rd post.

@emma Taylor. Sorry I confused you. I watched the utube video using the tag you put on this site.
    What I meant was where did you find the tag, the https thing?

Day 22 North Canton LFD

3rd day back in the office and it was difficult getting out of bed early this morning. But I made it and I am here. I was a little uncomfortable overnight, I could definitely feel my fat freezer being opened –Laissez le bon temps rouler

@emma Taylor I bet the conversation with you friend felt great! I am glad your friend was well informed. We know the benefits of this WOL obviously and we are going to do what we have to do, but it makes it easier when you feel understood and somewhat supported

@snowflake56 welcome back 🙌

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee FD900
    @suki2 FD800
    @basyjames LFD3

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 22 — USA/GA — FD

Hello 255 lbs., my old friend, I’ve come to talk with you again…

(And Simon & Garfunkel sing:) I saw you last on the 2nd of July, then you came back four more times! On the tenth, the fifteenth, the twentieth and today. Just go away! I’m tired of you, 255!

It’s a painfully slow month, but the weight is slipping off at a snail’s pace. Truthfully, 255 means something different today than it did at the beginning of the month. On July 2, 255 lbs. was an anomaly; an outlier. On July 10, it was the low number in the range. On July 15, it was the middle number in the range. On Monday and today, it’s the high number in the range. So, I’m hopeful to keep creeping to the 253 lb. goal by July 31!

Today’s fast should go a long way in helping me do that. Good luck to everyone today!

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee FD900
    @suki2 FD800
    @basyjames LFD3
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 22, Boston, USA – FD

@flourbaby, I did set up the spreadsheet already. It only took a couple of mins. Since this is my first time setting it up for this group, I’d appreciate a tester or two from people who do use it usually.

I mostly kept it the same, but added conditional colors for “MFD” and “LFD”. LFD is the darkest, MFD is the lightest, and FD sits in-between. I also left everyone from this month on, just cleared all the values. I’m not sure why some people are highlighted in green (guessing maintenance?), but I cleared that formatting as well. I can add it back in if that is better. I just thought people could add it themselves as appropriate.

Link: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1e8it4GrcdHpda1Pk0LVKtCxFeBZ5lADkVCLpIydYzUw/edit?usp=sharing

TIA for any comments/feedback!

Pocket List – Day 22 🍐
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD 800
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @annabelle48
    @betsylee FD900
    @suki2 FD800
    @basyjames LFD3
    @northgeorgia
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 22 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Second post

@hedwig6 Thanks! The only thing I saw right away are the color formulas for 8/19 and 8/31, they seem to be off.

@annabelle48 – probably didn’t explain properly… but I found the Youtube video, then forwarded the video to my email address, where it was expressed as the http link, which I then copied and pasted into my post on this site. Does that sound right?
    I’m trying something today – I love coffee with double cream, but the OMAD day idea doesn’t really allow that. But, if I leave having coffee wth cream until my eating window – around 7 until midnight at the mo, my sleep gets badly messed up. so I’m pushing my luck today, and having a coffee with cream now. We shall see.

Second post

@northgeorgia nice catch! I cleaned up the cell ranges the formats apply to. It should work now – let me know if it doesn’t. Thank you so much!

Day 22 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s Fast5 was a tough one. I was even keeping busy, but still caved a little over an hour early, and didn’t make the best food choices at that point. Isn’t it odd how one day that seems to be just like another day can end up being so much more difficult? I still ended up eating a reasonable amount, just not as little an amount as I was wanting. And I’m still liking this approach to life. OMAD is too limiting for me to maintain for an extended period of time, but only eating in a five-hour window is working. Now if the weight loss starts happening as promised, I’ll love this as much as I thought I would. @EmmaTaylor, has the steady weight loss started for you? Remind me how long you’ve been doing this. And are you also limiting yourself to 500 calories on two of the Fast5 days, as I am? Is anyone else doing Fast5?

@bellyblast, good luck with that storage space; that’s something I keep promising myself to start, except I don’t, LOL!
    @lilymartin, don’t you suppose that scale jump is a one-day thing? I’m betting you’ll drop back down tomorrow!
    @snowflake56, welcome back, and I hope you enjoyed your books!
    This made me laugh, @funshipfreddie: “I read an analogy somewhere, that it would be like attempting to scoop water from the corner of a pool, and expecting only that area to remain free of water.” I long ago gave up hope of losing fat in specific areas, but at least this is a humorous way to accept that unfortunate reality.
    @saffy420, happy anniversary on Saturday; your planned dinner sounds lovely.
    @judyjudes, congratulations on dropping below 140! I’m hoping to get there in 13 weeks, after dropping a pound a week….Good luck on maintaining and continuing your loss.
    @northgeorgia, that scale of yours is showing it has a mind of its own, isn’t it? I love how disciplined you are, in spite of the opinionated scale! How are your folks doing on 5:2?

Today, I’m driving 45 minutes south of me to Lincoln, Nebraska, our state’s capitol, where I have some errands to run. I like the places in Lincoln better than the corresponding places in Omaha (which is where I usually do my big errands, rather than the 25K city closest to me [because I’m in a village of 600 people where we have only a gas station]). Being on the run doing errands certainly helps me avoid eating, so I’m planning to wait until afternoon to go, so I’m busy when the desire to eat kicks in with a vengeance.

@funshipfreddie, your quote has helped me through many a rough spot, so I’m continuing it today: “Tomorrow, I’ll be glad I did.”

And another goodie: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”

@stitchincarol – I do OMAD every day. No idea how many calories I eat because I don’t count calories. I eat whatever I fancy between 7 and midnight, usually starting with a glass of kefir and then dinner – whatever my DH fancies usually, tho I prefer big salads. Been doing it about 5 weeks. And yes, I’m visibly slimmer. But I really like it too. Takes all the decision making out of fasting. No treats between my eating windows, just coffee etc.

Day 22 UK NFD

Very late checking in today , It’s nearly time for the Aussies ☀️I do love reading @penz & @lilymartin , always our first posters ,@betsylee I found Pilates quite good for abs I’ve been using Live Fit Girl Pilates on YouTube . See you all tomorrow

Day 23, FD, Aus

It is literally freezing here today and I can feel myself mentally veering away from my usual Thursday FD as I know I will be cold anyway, regardless of the temperature. So, please, lots of posts today to keep my on track!!

Will focus on coffee, Leslie and warm thoughts. And upcoming weekend!

Day 22 SECOND POST

@penz: it’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible!!!! You can DO this, honest and honest and honest.

And tomorrow, you’ll be glad you did.

I read once that breaking a promise you’ve made to yourself is the worst kind of betrayal. Does that kind of thought help or anger you??

Sometimes that kind of thing is just what I need; other times it makes me quite defiant, LOL!

There, I hope that helps any. Good luck, and hold tough!

thanks @stitchincarol!! Just the mental kick up the rear I need.

Day 22 THIRD POST

@penz, I’m glad!

Day 23, Emden Germany, FD800

@jaifaim, @funshipfreddie, @judyjudes, @bert1802, @flourbaby, @basyjames, @stitchincarol thanks for the welcome back! I haven’t read any posts the last week so perhaps I’m responding on things already explained.

@judyjudes well done! How long do you plan to do the Fast800, doesn’t it feel like a diet?

@hedwig6 the spreadsheet works well, thanks for making it.

@flourbaby as soon as I stop posting, my food choices aren’t the best and sugar comes back in. When I’m posting every day my choices are much healthier. No weight gain without any FDs but the unhealthy eating bothers me.

@stitchincarol is Fast5 eating in a 5 hour frame and fasting the other 19 hours? Most of the books I’ve read were good, only one big miss.

@penz I’m with you on your FD today!

Today we’re going to the Netherlands (only a 45 min. drive away) to do a bit of shopping.

Pocket list day 23
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone, it’s good to be back!

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning. Didn’t post yesterday as took the early train to the city as the work is getting busy and Im at that point of training where I realise there are lots of things I still am not sure about and I am on my own next week 😳 So I will be asking for managerial support and drawing up a list of priorities for workload…..ie taking phone calls from sales guys looking for updates won’t be on my list, they can email!!!

Ha, but food wise I am not even thinking of treats and all going ok. Weigh in tomorrow. Hoping for a pound loss, slow and steady.

@EmmaTaylor I meant to say I was very interested in that YouTube link and I think I will investigate further. It rang very true for me. For example I can eat ice cream but have no sugar rush but DH is like Bridget Jones when he gets to the ice cram tub and finds it hard to stop. If I eat an apple however I am often hungry soon after 🤔

I am in my normal workplace today due to met things and it feels like a break! Only a 10 minute drive to work compared to a 1.5 hour drive/train/walk and then the same in the evening. After next week I am done!

Have a great Thursday.

Day 23 – Ireland – NFD

Good morning! Well our weather has changed again and it’s yuck! Hoped to get out on the bike for a good long spin but will just gear up and hike later with my pal. Day off work today 👍 whoo hoo… We’ll have a nice lunch somewhere too…

@penz hope you are going well there … be strong💪
    I did quite well over the last three days and the scales have been bouncing but did see a new low yesterday… back up today… (I hear your pain @northgeorgia) but again a number was spied so I know I’ll get there some day 👀.

Enjoy your trip into another country @snowflake56 👍👍 that is very exciting!! Isn’t it just so strange how things have changed …. 🥴

@stitchincarol and @emma-taylor it sounds so straightforward I am still working up to trying the five hour window… but I’m finding MFP is one of the keys to
    success right now…. so wonder if I didn’t count calories at all how I would fare. I can definitely be delusional when it comes to guestimating calories… for example… I have goldfish brain when it comes to cheese but checked the cals in some cheddar this week and was shocked.. SHOCKED!! 😮 but shur I knew this before… just conveniently forgot 😂😂😂

@basyjames let them roll!! Life seems to be good for you right now… I’m glad 👍.

To those that are not here… I do hope you are there somewhere… keeping safe 💕
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 23 – UK – FD

Good morning everyone

FD today so joining the list

Take care all

Pocket list day 23
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 23 – UK – FD

Good Morning Everyone

Hi @annabelle Hope you’re ok. Your condition does sound painful. ‘I will stick to this site. Lovely people and very interesting exchange of wide ranging information.’ < I absolutely totally agree with you on this. The WhatsApp was never intended to replace this forum. It was a way of connecting for people in my cohort on the Fast800 plan as people expressed a desire to connect. Apologies for any misunderstanding.

@snowflake56 No not at all. Tasty nutritious meals that in the main keep you satiated. Protein & fat high up on the list. Carbs in the form of bread pasta, rice & potatoes don’t feature and they advocate absolutely no alcohol as that’s empty calories. I didn’t really drink anyway and I don’t miss the carbs. Carbs on the plan come from beans, lentils, quinoa etc but they are also full of protein too. I’m now convinced that it DOES matter where your calories come from. I’ve calorie counted for years and nothing was banned as long as I was within my 5:2 limits of 1000/800cals. I’m eating slightly more on this plan but I’m beginning to lose the visceral fat around my torso. The other main aspect for me is to be in the right head space. Weight loss/gain is very much based in our frame of mind. When stressed, sleep deprived and distracted by life it can be almost impossible to focus on yourself and eat right. Plus stress hormones & lack of sleep increase our appetites 😐. The plan introduces Mindfullness practice from wk3 to help counteract the stresses of life.

@stitchincarol Thank you. I’m still there … bobbing around 138 – 139lbs.

@jaifaim Your post made me giggle … ‘SHOCKED’ … we have all been there when we absentmindedly pop something open our mouths and as soon as it’s gone down the Shute we totally forget we’ve had it! And yes it’s those forgotten pesky calories that sabotage our best efforts.

@daffodil2010 How different foods affect different people … is that what the Blood Type diet tries to address? BTW I also watched the video @EmmaTaylor posted … thank you Emma it was interesting; and I think we can all identify with it.

Pocket list day 23
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes

Sorry if I’ve missed anyone, I might have cross posted as it’s taken an age to type this morning.

Wishing everyone a great day!

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@hedwig6 – thanks for the link.

@emma-taylor – interesting YouTube video. And so true; there really is no such thing as the perfect human diet. And no such thing as the ideal fasting protocol. We all need to discover that for ourselves.

@emma-taylor – I don’t look anything like the real ‘Funship Freddy’, fortunately. He’s red, white & blue, & has a funnel-shaped head. I get mistaken for Brad Pitt all the time. In my dreams. Well, we do have some things in common. Same gender. And height. Almost the same age. Although I’m delighted to say I don’t have six kids & two ex-wives. 22,000 steps?! That was quite a walk!

It’s a glorious winter’s day here. 23°C, blue sky, hardly a breeze. Far too nice to be indoors. Wishing everyone a hassle-free fast day.

‘We’re fasting today, ‘cos tomorrow we’ll be glad we did.’ ~ me

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie

Day 23 UK FD

I’m impressed @emma-taylor – 5 weeks of eating in a 5 hour window – I can manage a couple of days a week but its great that you’ve found something that works for you 💪

Jumping on those lists !
    Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 23 OMAD London

Just pointing out that the Fast 5 system works for me, at the moment, but it’s definitely easier in lockdown. Now I’m seeing a few friends there are quite a few ‘smacked bottom’ faces ( can I say that?) when I say I’m not having lunch. And, after reading Michael Moseley’s books, ( and Jason Fung’s) I thought I had it taped, when obviously there’s so much more to learn. Gin Stephens is great, but she is also brilliant at recommending her sources. If you have time, The Diet Myth’ by Tim Spector is a real eye opener. Somebody else mention gut biom. This is about that. Not finished it yet but v interesting.

Day 23……Florida…..FD

Yesterday was an okay food wise day…… could have eaten better but I did not feel like cooking and I wanted pizza….. so, that what I did! Today, has to be a FD just to recover. It’s gonna be a bit harder this morning than normal. Normally, I’m at work with no access to food. However, I’m home this morning, I have court via the telephone at 9:30 a so, lots of food choices including left over pizza which I could totally have a slice right now……

@emmataylor…….On my FD, I only do one meal as well, I do however count those calories. Not eating does suit me well and I would love to transfer one meal into the other days, however, not sure how I would fair…… only because I tell myself all the time, you can have that tomorrow……I am however going to give it a try!

@daffodil2010……. when I got my new position at work, I was unsure of many things. I have and always will be a team player, so the hard parts for me we’re fixing mistakes on orders and just doing whatever needs to done myself. What I learned is I was just making stuff harder on myself. My team started expecting me to not only do my job, but parts of there as well because it made their lives easier.
    Lessons learned the hard way….I guess! So, now I pass the mistakes back to them…. and expecting me to do there work back fired when I did not have time to do something and upper management wrote them up after the tried to tell them that was my job….. In the end, I found a style that worked for me and now for the most part, it runs smoothly. You’ll get there….. just remember it will take a minute or two for you to find the right path!

Well……I need another cup of coffee….. so I’m off!

Have a great day and make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 23, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s LFD turned into an OMAD NFD, I was super hungry at about 5pm and really couldn’t function, it was either eat something or go to bed!!!!

@hedwig6, you’re a 🌟, the spreadsheet looks fab!!!

@penz, Hang in there!!!🤗 Just THINK of the PFDS after winning an epic battle against that *&%*£#~^! dragon 🐉!!!!

@jaifaim, portion size guesstimating has been my downfall on countless occasions!!! To be honest they don’t exactly make it easy for us mere mortals😠 ………………….. Nobody in the history of human life has ever, ever eaten ½ a bagel and called it, but that’s the ‘recommended’ portion size, as is 1 biscuit, 1/3 chunky kitkat, 1 slice of bread, and the one I have been known to cry real tears over😢 …………………….. a matchbox size piece of cheese, my denial is real but like you, there’s always ‘conveniently forgetting’ or a loophole to be found😜 …………………………….

https://cdn.notonthehighstreet.com/fs/3b/41/314c-708e-400c-9e2f-92362b8d5496/original_personalised-vintage-style-large-matchbox-and-matches.jpg

@funshipfreddie, why, oh why must you rub it in?😟 …………………..”a glorious winter’s day here. 23°C, blue sky, hardly a breeze.” ………………….. sounds very much like a much prayed for summers day here in the UK🙏!!!! Thanks Brad!!!!😂😜

@emma-taylor, I’m working hard to replenish my gut biome, lots of pickles, ACV, psyllium husks and Greek yoghurt, after my double dose of anti-biotics!! I wish I had some bone broth too, but I haven’t been able to get to my butcher’s for a while😢, hopefully soon!!

Onward & downwards folks, stay strong!!!!

Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales were being finicky this morning, probably because I have my annual physical this afternoon LOL Come on, a range between 251.8 and 253.8? Much debate about 253 or 252, but I need some encouragement, so after a lot of thinking if a few ounces makes the difference between demoralization and feeling a little success, I went for the 252! haha So now I can tell myself it’s a new record, last weighing in at 252 on May 25, 2018 (and also my average weight in Feb. 2018!) Well, today is day 1 of 4 NFDs, so I’m sure 253 and maybe even 254 will return, but let’s keep our fingers crossed that 255 is out of here. ha

Parents are doing well on the WOL, just haven’t weighed in yet. My mom thinks her blood pressure has dropped too low, so she is reducing the amount of her blood pressure medicine. I haven’t gotten to that luxury just yet 🙂

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 23 Oxon, UK FD800
    Going for FD800 today. Scales are beginning to co-operate once again. I think they sulk if I don’t use them for a few days.
    @judyjudes – Interesting to note that ‘Carbs in the form of bread, pasta, rice & potatoes don’t feature. Carbs on the plan come from beans, lentils, quinoa, etc. but they are also full of protein too’. I think I’ve allowed more refined carbs to slip back into my diet over the past few months. Need to get my head round it but reducing them again might be the way forward for me during August.
    @emma Taylor – thanks for the YouTube video and recommended reading. It is so useful to have evidence to back up this wol.

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 23 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Eating only in my allotted 5-hour window yesterday again went well. I’ve always known that, with only the smallest nugget of motivation, I can do 5:2 for the rest of my life; I’m now wondering if I could even do Fast5 with it for the rest of my life. For me, it works. But whether or not I do it long-term, I’m delighted that it’s a relatively easy thing to combine with 5:2 to tame the NFD over-eating, and I’m so glad you mentioned it, @EmmaTaylor.

@snowflake56: “Today we’re going to the Netherlands (only a 45 min. drive away) to do a bit of shopping.” Europeans can say the most astonishing things, LOL! I could drive to Iowa to do a bit of shopping, but that simply doesn’t sound as exotic as driving to the Netherlands! 🙂
    And, yes, Fast5 is choosing your preferred 5-hour window and eating only then. OMAD is too limiting for me, with the implication that you eat only one MEAL rather than during one 5-hour WINDOW, although I imagine many treat OMAD as Fast5. There are two books by Bert Herring. The short one is the one I recommend: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B00CDWM0R4?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_dt_b_product_details The longer one (https://smile.amazon.com/AC-Power-Appetite-Correction/dp/B0829BQ5J6/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bert+herring&qid=1595506672&sr=8-1) has more science-type details and more…well, details, and I’m slogging through it. The shorter one can be read in an hour or so, and is the one I really recommend to get your enthusiasm going. I’m doing Fast5 on my 5 days and I’m doing a regular 500-calorie fast on my 2 days, which works perfectly since DH and I always do OMAD on a FD. I’m finding it nearly effortless, and the numbers on the scale are definitely shifting, although it’s too early to pin down any numbers.
    @daffodil2010, I’m so glad for you that your long commute is nearly over.
    @jaifaim, what I’m loving about Fast5 is that I feel free to cook real dinners during my 5-hour window, and drink beer/wine with them. I’m not counting calories, but I’m certain the meals I’m making are often well over 1000 calories for each of us–or even at 1500. When I first started this (because there’s no point in skipping food for 19 hours if there isn’t a cooking benefit), my weight shot up four pounds. But now I’m seeing some consistently lower numbers–not consistent enough to claim weight loss, but not flying up the higher numbers either. AND I’m getting to cook as I prefer. I’ve even made two pies in the last week! Very small pies, but pies!

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.”
    and
    “Tomorrow I’ll be glad I did.” – FUNSHIPFREDDIE (I love this because it covers everything: waiting to eat until my 5-hour window, limiting my calories to 500 on a FD, getting up and walking, cleaning the toilet…LOL)

Day 23 North Canton OH LFD 4

Im working from home today, it’s official- I prefer working from the office.

I was really tired yesterday but I feel better this morning. I was able to complete a stretching class today as well.

My silhouette is leaner and im losing my abdomen, so hopefully visceral fat is being demolished as I type

@Jaifam thank you. Im taking one day at a time and counting my blessings.

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 23 Canada FD

Only 3 more FD’s for me this month, I need to get a wriggle on and get as close to my 60kg goal as I can. The good news is that I made it to 60.9 this morning so it is a possibility. Super hot here, we have had close to 40C. Perfect for the peaches and cherries that are growing in our valley.

@lilymartin keep on keeping on
    @snowflake56 welcome back, any book recommendations? I haven’t felt like reading since the pandemic
    Happy anni @saffy420
    @bert1802 so glad you had a successful FD
    @stitchincarol clearing the storage space is going to be a much bigger job than I imagined, at least it is cool in there:)

OK, off to get stuff done:)
    Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 23 ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Viewing 50 posts - 501 through 550 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.