July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 723 total)

• USA. Day 23. FD
    Quick jump in here to add myself to the pocket list.

Pocket List Day 23

@penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day! I did read all the posts! 🙂

Day 23 USA (Illinois) OMAD maybe FD800?

It’s great to see so many here posting and keeping up with support.

@emma-taylor – amazing to do OMAD for so long! I’ve heard of 16:8 but you are really 19:5. Wow.

@snowflake56 – great to see you posting. Welcome back. 🙂

@jaifaim – so sorry your weather has turned rotten. We’ve had quite nice weather, typical summer for northern Illinois.

@annabelle48 – hope you are well. Hugs to you.

@basyjames – yeah for the fat loss!
    Pocket List Day 23

@penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast
    @ccco
    @songbirdme FD800

Onward and downward.

USA. DAY 23. FD OMAD

I put myself on the pocket list earlier but it didn’t seem to take. Here I go again!

Pocket List – Day 23 🍒
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @judyjudes
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @bert1802
    @suki2 FD800
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast
    @ccco

Day 24, NFD, Aus

PFDS!!! Thank you thank you again @stitchincarol – your pep up post was just so perfectly timed yesterday. And thank you @snowflake56 for sticking me on the pocket list. That was all I needed – that mental oversight – to see me through. I did a LFD and wasn’t even tempted to drift near the PB jar!

Scales are showing no meaningful change but my clothes feel looser and I can feel my waits and thighs tightening, thanks to Leslie. All good there.

I’m on grocery shopping duty today and I had been planning to buy a nice round of brie or blue cheese. But your mention of the calories in cheddar, @jaifaim, brought me up short. I don’t even WANT to know how many calories I would be blissfully scarfing so I’ll just delete it from the shopping list.

Ha ha, @funshipfreddie. (Great final quote by the way.) In my imagination, you now look like Brad Pitt!! How many of us have mental representations of people in this forum? I’m still reeling from the shock that the perfectly named @EmmaTaylor (who must be a woman of international mystery) is not her real name!

Lots of laughs in here this morning. @flourbaby – your matchbox sized cheese made me giggle.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 24 – Japan – WFD #58

Day is already half over … I’m so overwhelmed with work and projects. It is good to stay business though since I’m trapped here. If I leave I can’t come back, or at least will likely have a hard time of it.

Day 24 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Good FD yesterday, weigh in day today, despite the last 3 weeks or so, where the only days I’ve recorded calories etc have been FD’s, the odd pound gained has gone already. Back to my lowest weight again.
    Because I’d been so busy working and pressing to get the kitchen things done I hadn’t been out walking or watching the food consumption. No doubt my intake had increased, but snacking, my downfall, wasn’t bad (have I finally broken the habit?)

Feeling the 5:2 WOL has finally ‘clicked’ and we’re ‘working together’ almost automatically. There has been a couple of ‘beery BBQ’s’ with neighbours and our usual one day a week off, but even taking the eye off the ball recently, no damage done.

Still need to get to the clothes shops, the shirts I got the other week are a fabulous fit, 2 sizes smaller than I used to get, only thing is the trouser department is rather roomy. I look quite smart from the waist up, but the baggy trousers held up with bailer twine rather spoil the look!

Take care all.

Day 24 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s Friday weigh in and I lost the grand total of half a pound and DH put on a pound!! Ha ha, the competition needs to get serious 😀

But I feel lithe, slimmer, waistline smaller (thanks Leslie Sansone), and one of my measuring trousers just about fits.

It’s a girls night tonight – staying over at a friends for dinner and drinks – really looking forward to it. During the rest of the weekend I will more gut biome research /blood group diet/ I feel a rabbit hole appearing that I want to go down.

@funshipfreddie…sorry, now I have a mental image of you lack ways wearing a big Top Hat!!
    @i-hate-lettuce…great visual image of the trousers held up with twine 😂

@penz, yes I too imagine @EmmaTaylor as a super sleuth, popping up in various exotic locations…

Yes, I have mental images of ye all……hope they are right ☺️ And if they are not it’s fun anyway to imagine 😄

Have a great Friday everyone.

P

Day 24 – UK – NFD

Good Morning Everyone

Yesterday’s FD went to plan, all good. Scales bobbing about a bit but not concerned.

@basyjames it’s a great feeling isn’t it, when the visceral fat starts dissolving and we claim our waists back!

@suki2 The same thing happened to me. I ate anything I wanted (apart from gluten) as long as fitted my macros. I’ve stopped having gluten free bread for now and I’m sure that’s making a difference.

Wishing Everyone a great Friday

Day 24, Emden Germany, NFD

tihs is going to be a long post, feel free to skip it!

@songbirdme thanks! The problem with being back is it takes up so much time. After reading yesterday’s posts, I’m here already for more than an hour, looking up things others mentioned.

@penz it’s much easier to do a FD with others on your side, I’m always pleased if someone is joining me.

@jaifaim I’m Dutch and I need the contact with Dutch people. This year we weren’t able to go there as often as we did in the past.

@stitchincarol in Europe a lot of countries aren’t that far away. I’ve never been to the USA but I’ve been in Canada a few times. We were always amazed by the space and the fact you can drive for hours without seeing anyone. Rural Nebraska sounds in the middle of nowhere. I often eat in a 5/6 hour window but I also like having breakfast in bed so I couldn’t do it every day like you and @emma-taylor.

@judyjudes it sounds too restricted for me, I want to eat my bread with cheese, it’s one of the things I like to eat most. As soon as I have restrictions I don’t want to do it. I also don’t want to live without any sweets, it’s unrealistic to think I can. I agree about having the right mind set, without it I couldn’t even do 5:2. Perhaps I’m struggling at times because my weight gain started at 55, I just want to eat as I always have done without gaining weight and I don’t want to think about food all day.

@bellyblast tough request, it’s hard too choose. I chose American authors, I don’t think any Dutch authors made it to foreign countries. Most of the autors have other books I also like, if I like one, I mostly buy everything I can find. Most of them are easy to find on the second hand market. I never buy anything online, I like browsing in second-hand bookstores or second-hand shops.

– Michael Chabon- The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay
    – T.C. Boyle – After the Killing’s Done
    – Siri Hustvedt- What I loved
    – Jeffrey Eugenides – Middlesex
    – Carl Hiaasen – everything he writes
    – Philip Roth – The Human Stain
    – Dave Eggers – A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius
    – Marisha Pessl – Special Topics in Calamity Physics
    – Donna Tartt – The Goldfinch
    – Jonathan Franzen – Purity
    and one of my absolute favourite authors: Lily Brett (Australian) – Too many Men

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby – you’re too funny! ‘Daddy’s Matches’ made me laugh. Imagine scoffing a lump of cheese that size? Nothing a week of LFDs wouldn’t fix😱 Okay, I won’t mention the glorious weather. I’ll just share with you where I’m going for lunch, to indulge my PFDS – Leopard Rock Coffee Shop at Oribi Gorge, about a 30 minute drive from here.
    https://web.facebook.com/leopardrockc/?_rdc=1&_rdr

@stitchincarol – I love your enthusiasm for this WOL

Friday at last, & no DTF list required! 🍸

Pocket List – Day 24 🍋
    @dykask WFD

Day 24 – Ireland – CD
    Happy Friday everybody!

Just one more week to go for July – let’s keep the faith and make this week count 💪

Well done @penz on passing the cheese 🧀. I just do that too next time I shop… but I do like a little from time to time…. just a matchbox al la @flourbaby suggested size 😂😂

Oh @snowflake56 you are so right to reconnect with your people and country! It’s times like this that I wish we were not an island country as it makes travelling abroad harder Even though we are letting all visitors in 🥴. I have booked to see my man in a couple of months but will make a call nearer the date but it all just seemed so easy before and living between the two countries was perfect for us .. damn Covid 😖

I had a lovely day yesterday even though thre esthète as miserable for most of the day ☔️ . Nice hike, yum lunch, good coffee and wee cake for my pal 🎈 and some Guinness to round off the day. Not too many but I only drink on spécial occasions so they always taste yum 😋.
    I am super happy and quite shocked to see a new low again this morning so 1lb under my goal for July..and just .5 off my overall goal but I might revise that at some point…
    Honestly I’m not sure how but taking it 🤗🤗🤗

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Apologies!! Issues with my WiFi – messing up my work day – and typed quickly hence the gobbledygook above!!! 😂😂 you get my drift though… tired but happy 😊
    WOW!! @funshipfreddie that looks amazing!!! Enjoy!

Day 24…….Florida….. CD

The hubby returns tonight, so right after work, I’ll take that hour ride to airport and bring him home. With that being said…… we will more than likely have a bite to eat out.
    For the couple weeks, I have only been doing OMAD on my fasting days, but I think, I’m going to give a try on a NFD and see how it works or better yet how I feel. Lately, when I eat lunch, no matter how big or small, I feel like I’m being held down for the last part of my day. Then, I become lazy and well nothing gets done…… but on days, I fast with no lunch……I feel more productive and no brain fog….. so let’s see how this experiment plays out for the rest of the month.

@penz…… I never really thought about it all that much until you said something, but yes there are a few that I have thoughts about what they look like. Now, that @funshipfreddie is Brad Pitt….. All I can think of is who I want to be……

Have a great day and make good choices!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 24 Canada NFD

PDFS, creeping towards my goal:)
    Flying off to work, have a great day!!

Day 24 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Yesterday’s FD was TOUGH. But I kept remembering “tomorrow, I’ll be glad I did” (thanks, @funshipfreddie!), and I made it through. No idea how many calories because I scarfed down Wednesday’s leftover mango-blueberry-avocado salsa in trying to tame the hunger monster, and how do you measure THAT? But it was probably 500-650, so reasonable. I weighed 152.0 this morning…that 151-point-anything is so stinking elusive, LOL!

DH and I are headed out the door around 7 this morning to Lincoln for car repair; plans changed on a dime on Wednesday.

@bellyblast, a huge congratulations on getting so close to your goal!
    @i-hate-lettuce, “bailer twine”?? Um, I hate to break it to you, but you clearly need some new trousers!!! 😉 I’m thrilled for you, both at the reduction in size, and also that the single pound gained is already gone.
    @snowflake56, breakfast in bed? On the one hand, it sounds thoroughly luxurious. On the other hand, the thought of food first thing in the morning literally turns my stomach, which is why I’m part of the SBC–Skip Breakfast Club–and why Fast5 works for me. We each have to find our own thing, clearly. 🙂 Oh, and I should say: western Nebraska is an area called the Sandhills, and is where Chimney Rock is, a famous landmark. It is VERY sparsely populated. I’m in eastern Nebraska, however, and less than an hour from both Omaha (468K) and Lincoln (287K). So, I’m rural and surrounded by corn fields, but I’m not far from two cities.
    WOW, @jaifaim, well done on being a pound lower than goal!!
    @bert1802, OMAD on NFDs is pretty close to Fast5. For the record, my defiant and rebellious nature simply couldn’t do OMAD on a NFD: I got too hungry, and once I started, I ate WAY too much. But saying I couldn’t eat except in my five-hour window didn’t turn on my defiance, and I simply waited until the window opened up and ate something reasonable, like a small yogurt. I’ll enjoy hearing your report!

Okay, I’ve typed and read away my time; it’s out the door with DH to play while the rear struts are being replaced. Have a grand day, everyone. And remember…

“It may be hard, but hard is not impossible”
    and
    “Tomorrow, you’ll be glad you did.” — FUNSHIPFREDDIE 🙂

Day 24 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday, just about 750 calories. Will do my best not to overdo today.

All this discussion of cheese is interesting. Starting South Beach Diet about 15 years ago, I discovered Laughing Cow Light and string cheese have about zero carbs. Since that diet had us severely limit carbs (especially Phase I, first 2 weeks) we began to eat lots of cheese. “Dessert” was ricotta cheese blended with artificial sweetener and some flavoring. It was a substitute for ice cream for us. I still buy lots of cheese for snacks and meals although the ricotta was never fully satisfying.

A trip to Chocolate-Town (Hershey, Pennsylvania) made us wonder why their cows gave milk for chocolate while ours in the Midwest almost always went to cheese. We attributed lots of it to Chicago needing cheese for pizza!

Enough… going to break my fast with a ham & cheese omelette once DH gets up.

Onward and downward.

Day 24, London, UK, NFD,

So, yesterday’s NFD turned into a LFD!!!! Whaaaaaat??? I know, I can hardly believe it myself, the last time that happened I’d had an enormous tooth removed and I only had 2 thoughts ……………….. drugs & bed!!!

@dykask, I hope the pressure eases off soon, take it easy🤗!!

@penz congratulations!!! Enjoy your well-deserved PFDS. Fighting through that urge to throw in the towel deserves a medal!!!! 🥇………………… et voila!!!

@snowflake56, I tend to stick to one genre, crime/thrillers, but I need to diversify, so perhaps I’ll try one book from your list …………….. having said that, T.C. Boyle – After the Killing’s Done is calling to me, I wonder why??!! 😂

@funshipfreddie, I’m not sure why I would have to engage my imagination …………………. Crackers, a bottle of Malbec🍷🍷, some chutney or grapes, throw in a selection of cheeses which each MUST each be tried, that box seems like a standard portion to me!!!!!!!! ………………. I may have a slight cheese problem!!!
    Thanks for the Leopard Rock link; WOW!!! What a lunch venue, a bottle of SA Shiraz, a cheese board & that view 👀 …………. sounds just about perfect!!!! I’m not jealous, I’m not jealous, really, I AM NOT JEALOUS😳!!!!! Have a fabulous day, wish I was there!! 🙏

I’m shattered after my earlier Pilates class, so I’ll breakfast a bit early and have some soup before I keel over!!! Happy Friday folks!!!

Day 24 UK NFD

Well we seem to be entering our last week on a high – lots of inches – whoops should that be centimetres- and pounds/kilos grams (they all count ) down

@flourbaby – please never mention cheese again – I went off in a dream world just thinking about all the cheese I’ve been missing Roquefort Wensleydale and crystally Chedder were today’s top 3 🧀mmmmm

@jaifaim – well done ! How you doing with the planks ? I’ve changed tack from doing 1x 4mins to a few 2 mins ones , 3 today but hoping to fit more in see if that has any noticeable change
    @funshipfreddie Lunch sounds fab ! but I’m still a bit distracted by the Brad mention🤩

@daffodil2010 Me too with the measuring trousers ! but fit is perhaps not the correct term for mine yet I can get in them and zip up not too sure about moving , or breathing for that matter but hey that’s next months goal .

Have a good Friday everyone x – I’m off for a walk now and I know I’ll be trying to put faces to names now it’s been mentioned 🤯

Day 24 – USA/GA – NFD

Always hate two days into a NFD stretch. Up to 254 lbs. today. Hoping to maintain 254 until Monday’s FD. I really don’t want to see 255 lbs. again. I’ve seen 255 every week this crazy month. So annoying. Still, though the month has been a lot slower, the trend is downward from the beginning of the month. Even if I take the randomness of the past 10 days (and change yesterdays’ 252 to 253), there is still a slight downward trend. Sometimes we can’t see the forest for the trees!

One more week! We can do this!

Day 24 CD UK

Sorry rather late checking in, spent the morning at the hospital. Dosage changed and I am in charge. Can up and down by half a mg so suit condition which is good. Said I had been reduced too quickly and for me it needs to be much slower. Have put CD as not quite sure how it is going to turn out today.

Weighed this morning and Oh Joy Unconfined. Good result, a whole pound off, normally I am scrabbling around with the odd 4oz so very pleased. Will not reach the target I set myself but now see that it was unrealistic but will still have lost so glass is filling up. Just hope I do not go overboard this weekend.

@ SongBirdMe. Thank you for your hugs and good wishes. So very supportive.

@judyjudes. Went to the local garden centre yesterday and there in the restaurant was a big advert for Jude’s ice cream. Haven’t tried it but immediately thought of you. You sound very positive and things seem to be working out well. I have not done any of the exercises yet but will as soon as I get the PMR under control.

I am reading The Obesity Code by Jason Fung. One of you lovely people recommended watching him on utube which I did and that has prompted me to read more. Sorry I can’t remember who it was but take a bow for doing so.

Positive vibes to you all.

Second post

Oh, forgot to mention, doctor and nurse were impressed yesterday that I weighed in 17 lbs. lighter than I had at my visit this time last year. The nurse said, “wow, most people are gaining weight right now.” He tried not to be interested (my blood pressure always registers too high in the office; I have white coat syndrome, so I’m taking it weekly at home to bring in a record to prove I really am coming in at normal levels). But he did casually ask during the physical, “what are you doing?” I told him. At the end of the appointment, he walked out into the hallway and said in a low voice to someone I couldn’t see, “fasting!”

Day 24 North canton OH CD

I broke my liquid fast at 110.7 hours, that is a personal best for me and boy did I feel it!!! The last few hours were the most difficult but I am glad that I hung in there. My abdominal pouch is gone – yay!!! I am on a mission today to drink more water-at least 1/2 a gallon

@northgeorgia that is awesome✨

We have cheese on the brain today! I think that is hilarious

@Ihatelettuce the visual with the dapper top combined with bailer-twine-tied trousers was just too much – I could not stop myself from laughing out loud. It’s off to the shops for some new pants my shrinking friend. At least you are all set for Zoom meetings if you had to participate in any…😁

Stay safe everyone and keep the faith

USA. Day 24 FD

Congratulations, Basyjames! That is quite a fast!

@northgeorgia – isn’t it just the best feeling to astound your doctor and nurse! Congratulations to you! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 My first annual physical after losing 35 pounds was just like that. Wanted to know what I was doing to lose! Nurse even made me get back on the scale to double check … she’d compared it to my previous year’s weight.

@northgeorgia – that’s a funny story. I wonder what his face was like when he said ‘fasting’? Eyes rolling or impressed? Let’s hope the latter.
    @funshipfreddie – seeing as you are Brad Pitt, I thought I’d bag Angelina Jolie before it was gone. I wish… I can’t believe anybody can be as beautiful as that woman. It hardly seems fair.

Day 25 – Japan – NFD

Water fast was easy. I was too busy to to think about it.

Day 25, Emden Germany, FD

@basyjames I’m impressed, that’s such a long time!

@northgeorgia reading your post, I had the same thoughts as @emma-taylor: Eyes rolling or impressed?

@stitchincarol we mostly have breakfast at 9.00 am, so not very early. Now I had to look up where you live, rural between two cities sounds good. You’re having a warm day today ~80°F.

@jaifaim my husband and I lived apart for almost a year, I absolutely hated it and I was so glad when it was over. How do you deal with it, did you get used to living apart?

@flourbaby I don’t read much crime/thrillers, when it’s too scary, it gives me nightmares. The only ones I read are Simon Beckett, Donna Leon and John Dunning. I hope you like T.C. Boyle, scary as well (for me).

Day 25 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Celebration time …

Bit of a different post today, as it is exactly one year ago today I joined the forum and started out on something I really needed to do, take control and lose some weight. I had lost a little before joining but it was very hit and miss, so was looking to be better organised.

Starting figure on 25th July 2019 was
    18 stone 13 lb or 120.2 kg with a BMI of 38

Weigh in day Friday just gone was
    16 stone 4 lb or 103.4 kg with BMI of 32.6

A loss over the last year of 37 pounds or 16.8 kg ……

It hasn’t all been plain sailing, we have had some holiday cruises (all inclusive and excellent food) Christmas with the ‘kids’ visiting, numerous occasions where my ‘inner warthog’ escapes the cage and swims in the trough!
    But as soon as I revert to the 5:2 WOL any weight gain goes fairly quickly.

I’m at my lowest weight for years, my doctor has changed my meds as the BP, which was too high has dropped dramatically. The MOAM walks, cutting out snacks, reducing alcohol intake has all helped, but I weigh in Fridays and have one day a week off 5:2 (but don’t got totally off the rails) 2 FD’s between 6 and 800 calories, the remainder, just being careful.

I do find recording everything with MFP app and ‘fitbit’ keeps me in line. I find calling in on the Monthly Challenge threads each morning has helped enormously, us blokes don’t tend to do ‘groups’ very well, but this has been a great help with keeping motivated.

Many thanks to everyone, especially those who keep steering the 5:2 wagon along and keeping us going.

Take care all

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Some people who adhere to TRE may find this interesting; the results of a recent clinical study comparing a 4 hour eating window with a 6 hour window. A co-author of the study is Dr Krista Varady, who features in Michael Mosley’s ‘Eat, Fast..’ documentary:-
    https://www.health24.com/diet-and-nutrition/news/intermittent-fasting-is-effective-for-weight-loss-but-for-how-many-hours-per-day-20200722-5?_sp=4affa601-a2b6-45fa-afec-d1ae99d0d4aa.1595580151263

It was interesting to learn the other day that Prince Charles practises IF. He has a very light breakfast, skips lunch & has his main meal in the evening. So that gives a whole new meaning to the term, ‘breakfast like a king’; or at least it will once he is the King!

@bert1802 – in my head you’re Kitty Forman, from the sit-com ‘That ’70s Show’. No idea what her real name is.

@emma-taylor – okay, you are now officially Angelina; but you have to take the kids. I’ll have them every other leap-year 😜

@i-hate-lettuce – congrats on your 1st fasting anniversary, & may you have many more! 🎉🎊🥂

Have a good weekend everyone 🌈 ⛅️

Pocket List – Day 25 🍋
    @snowflake56

Day 25, London, UK, NFD

Another NFD for me today, yesterday’s got a little derailed as I had a call from my mum in the late afternoon, she was a bit confused😢, which made me quite anxious! So I visited her and stayed most of the evening. With dinner and wine, my day wasn’t as controlled as I had planned. I think she just wanted some company despite my brother spending the morning with her ……………… she forgot!🤗

@northgeorgia, congrats on giving that nurse pause for thought!!! ⚖

@basyjames, I’m in awe of your mammoth LFDs!!! The most I’ve managed is 41hrs, maybe I’ll try stretching it a bit in a few months, although seeing my own abdominal pouch I might be persuaded to try sooner!!

Well done @i-hate-lettuce, you’re the poster boy for this WOL, just do what it says on the tin!!!! I agree these challenges are invaluable!!! Great results after just 1 year🥇, everyone is so impatient these days (me included!😉), but in reality a year isn’t that long, someone here used to say (@AT?) imagine that you lose ½ lb/week, that’s still a massive 26lbs/year, who wouldn’t take that? Your -37lbs is fabulous💪, you must be chuffed to bits!!!

@funshipfreddie, “every other leap year” 😁😜😂😁😜😂 I’m not sure if I should ask about your lunch at Leopard Rock yesterday, but vicarious living has been my go-to during lockdown……………………….. so spill!!!!🙏

It’s a bit of a slow day so far, maybe the after effects of the wine, so I’m off for my first caffeine hit of the day, Take care everyone, we’re on the finishing straight!!!🏆

@funshipfreddie – that doesn’t look like co-parenting to me…

Day 24 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 25 Oxon, UK NFD
    Lovely day out yesterday, with long walk but succumbed to cake.
    Yoga and housework are the jobs for today.
    wont be around much next week as my mum is able to visit, but aiming for FD800 Mon, Tues and hopefully Thurs.
    Have a good final week everyone

second post
    @ihatelettuce – fantastic results, well done.

3rd post
    @north georgia – well done to you too. sorry i’m reading post backwards

Day 25 U.K. NFD

Last Saturday in July !

Although the weathers more like November here today 💨

Wow @i-hate-lettuce and @northgeorgia Very impressive year on year stats Particularly important with all the info re obesity and Covid emerging

Aiming for a controlled weekend , ready for the final push next week Have a good one all

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Ho hum 254 lbs. No change. I think I’m so close to 253. Today’s a grocery day and I don’t typically eat until I get back around 11 a.m., which will make around 16 hours of true fasting. Maybe if I drink lots of water and fluids and have a bit of a controlled day today, I could coax a 253 before Monday’s FD? I am really close as the scales were about 25% indecisive this morning. Oooh, maybe a pre-lunch re-weigh in haha

Got my blood lab results back. I was surprised the doctor sent me for a lab when (ironically?) I hadn’t fasted that day. Apparently, you can’t really look at triglycerides if you’ve eaten, and those were up. However, my total cholesterol dropped from 221 to 188 (unfortunately the good cholesterol was down to 40 from 47, which is still in the good range), but the LDL bad cholesterol had gone from 145 to 115 in a year. Hmm! My mom also had a recent test (after being on the 5:2 for about three weeks) and they were surprised to see hers drop significantly, too. I have a feeling the 5:2 had something to do with this… It will be interesting to see the results after a year of 5:2’ing.

@i-hate-lettuce Congratulations on the nearly 40 lb. weight loss over the past year!

OK, off to buy some groceries (seems like I don’t buy as much “stuff” anymore. I am eating less in a week and I just don’t seem to need a lot).

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD

Wow @basyjames 110 hours of LFD – mon dieu I am very very impressed!
    I have to ask those of you who can do extreme LFDs. Do you ever worry about missing out on essential nutrients? I am in awe of you but always worry that if I tried it do it I’d end up weak … particularly if I’m exercising?
    Maybe that’s really stupid? But I just wonder?

@snowflake56 for us it is the perfect setup living between two countries and we were both married before and are both very independent and like our space… That said… it was perfect until Covid 😂😂 not now.. On verra!

Looking after mum and dad this weekend And know exactly how you feel @flourbaby…. mum forgets i’m there as soon as I leave the room 😂 But we are having a lovely time 💕. Weather is dreadful! There may be tea and cake 🍰 🥴

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Woke up to hot water heater dead… and on a Saturday, so no replacement until Monday. Good thing “cold” showers aren’t so bad in summer!

Another testimonial to IF from Men’s Health (not sure why I get that email??). https://shop.menshealth.com/intermittent-fasting-1.html?GID=C4C31FEE4C40A93E59B8E139054E9765&source=_CD_107584&segment_name=C4C31FEE4C40A93E59B8E139054E9765&utm_source=cl_POP&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=_CD_107584

Onward and downward.

aha… see it now. I got a subscription to Popular Mechanics for my DH and I get their emails.

Second post

Abort mission! Abort mission! After weeks of hinting around, I caved in to my mother’s wanting to try a breakfast item at a restaurant near the grocery store. Ahhh! LOL

I don’t know how to translate the southern term, “biscuit” into international English. A buttery, fluffy scone? I had one with fried chicken tenders, my mother one with pork tenderloin. Meh. It was OK. We’ve had better. 🙂

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – Fast5

Busy day. Yesterday, my inner child stormed to the front, stomped her foot, and demanded I eat the commercial cookie dough that had been sitting in my fridge for three months (long, long story, but it was still in date). I might have been able to tame her if I’d thought of this group, but she was so demanding, I simply obeyed. //sigh// The rest of my eating for the day was acceptable, but that cookie dough was quite the indulgence-gone-wrong because I didn’t sleep well.

So I’m headed out the door now to teach piano lessons, and I have full hope and intention that I’ll behave myself when my eating window opens up this afternoon. I’ve noticed a pattern–have you all?–that the day after I’m “naughty,” it’s nearly a cinch that I’ll “behave” myself food-wise.

No time to read posts now; I’ll try to do that this evening. Have a great day, everyone, and I hope your inner child is better behaved than mine!!

Day 25 – UK – NFD

Hi Everyone

All good on the foodie front, no new news to report.

@annabelle48 Some months back, might even have been last year, I tried Judes Salted Caramel Ice Cream … it was divine. Daren’t have any in the house … not until my sugar monster is more obedient.

Sending Good Wishes.

Day 25, Emden Germany, NFD

@i-hate-lettuce congratulation on one year of 5:2, what a great loss!

@funshipfreddie thanks for making yesterday’s pocket list, I didn’t think anyone would like to join me on a Saturday.

@jaifaim I think there’s a difference in volontarily living apart or forced living apart (sorry, not said well but I think you know what I mean).

Day 26 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Thanks for the comments, must admit though, it’s been a lot easier with being part of this group, even just the ‘daily reminder’.

Certainly reading the daily bits and bob’s of others busy (working) lives make me realise how much easier life is when you retire, apart from DIY! Even without the dreaded DIY we’re often busy anyway and need the odd ‘day off’.

Take care all

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@flourbaby – the Leopard Rock lunch was sheer bliss! I had a ‘full English’, even though it was lunch time, No Shiraz; the sale of alcohol is still prohibited. But plenty of cappuccino. It’s so peaceful there, looking down into the gorge/valley; you could hear a pin drop. There was a flock of crowned hornbills in a tree close by, looking for a piece of toast or whatever they could get. Saw some monkeys playing by the side of the road too.

@emma-taylor – no, that’s not co-parenting. I think Gwyneth would call it, ‘consciously un-parenting’.

Back on the lists tomorrow for the last week of July. Have a good S🌞nday everyone.

Day 26 – UK – NFD

Happy Sunday!

Sticking to plan yet I’m bobbing up down the same 1lb 139 – 138. I think some of the portions on Fast800 on the none FDs are still too large. I will have a tweak about.

I need to remind myself I met my July Mini Goal a week ago, so that’s 4lb off this month, which I’m pleased about.

Enjoy your day!

Day 26 – Ireland – NFD

Hi all, I had a bad yesterday temptationwise, I do seem to lose the plot when I get home to my parents and revert to eating lots because I’m in their company and the treats are there.

@suki2…. Lovely that your mum can visit. Enjoy 💕
    @snowflake56 too true… our wings are firmly clipped 😢 but having said that I’m getting too used to lots of time to myself… have to jig myself out of that mindset a bit💥 . @ihatelettuce retired but busy sounds good 👍👍 i think I’m ready 😂
    Well done @judyjudes and others who have met their goal… 👏
    I did, but sense I’m scuppering that now…. but… we’ll see on Friday 🤗. Funny (not!) that I’m knowingly doing this but there you go the human mind is one of the most complex things!!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 26, London, UK, NFD,

Feeling the urge to self-sabotage😟!!! There’s a bit of anxiety with my mum & with a work deadline, so perhaps that’s it or …………………… I’m looking for an excuse😨??? Anyway, finger out time, no need to reverse the efforts of the last 3+ weeks …………………. That would just be madness, I tell you ……………………….. MADNESS!!!!!!! 😠

@songbirdme, good grief!!! Now there’s some reading to cure the insomnia …………………………..”Popular Mechanics”😂 ……………………… I’m not sure why I’m laughing, as a civil engineer I still get my monthly copy of “Concrete” magazine😜, from the Concrete Society, no less!!!!

@funshipfreddie, what a lovely picture you’ve painted🐒 …………………… well, I did ask!!!! That sounds absolutely fantastic!!!! I sooooooo wish I was there (hip-flask included!!) One day, one day!!! 🙏 Amazing isn’t it, that you can & do have a Full English and you’ll still lose weight after a FD or 2!!!

I’m with you @jaifaim, I’m officially ready for retirement!!! Not sure the bank manager or my boss would agree!!!😎

This is feeling apt at the moment ……………………………….

“When you’re at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on.” – Theodore Roosevelt

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Last NFD of the week before tomorrow’s last “at home” Monday FD (unless we shut down again in Georgia, which I think is likely). I was hoping to not see 255 again. I weighed in this morning, hoping beyond hope I would be at 253. Nope. 252 lbs! What? Didn’t want to curse myself, but after two or three more weigh-ins, the scales nodded in agreement. I knew the chicken biscuit combo meal for breakfast yesterday morning contained a lot of calories, so I only ate a late lunch (had to make soup with some of my vegetables) and a lean early supper.

Also the power went off for an hour around 10 pm, which led me to check the batteries in my lanterns (yeah, not the right moment, but I knew summer outages tend to be short), listen to AM radio (I can get Cuba through the static, and the crackling music with a soft breeze through an open window was really relaxing) while lying in bed. Power came on at 11 pm, so I reset the clocks, put away the radio and lanterns, and closed the window and think I had a pretty good sleep. It’s funny how unexpected large meals and disruptions to your evening can actually lead to a better balanced diet for the day and plenty of rest at night! So, I think that’s why I dropped to 252. Now to keep it there through tomorrow morning haha

@stitchincarol It happens, especially if food is sitting there and cries that it is going to go bad if you don’t use it! I’m going to use a little milk this morning, and I probably need to make a sandwich later today sometime 😉

@jaifaim I get those temptations with my parents, too. I’m so glad they’re doing 5:2 with me, because now they have to be sure not to tempt themselves too much! My mom and I have both noticed a major reduction to our “junk” grocery purchases. It’s funny that you don’t think you’re wasting food or buying junk food until you don’t eat it that much anymore.

Good luck to everyone as we enter the final week!

Day 26 – 2nd Post

@flourbaby – noooo?! No self-sabotaging! You’re right – no need to reverse the efforts of the last 3+ weeks. Maybe, as Sheldon might say, you just need a hot beverage? Preferably low calorie. Tomorrow you’ll be glad…

Viewing 50 posts - 551 through 600 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.