July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 723 total)

• Day 3 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 4 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 5 Oxon, UK NFD
    Day 6 Oxon, UK FD Great FD on Thursday.
    Sedentary Friday as in car to visit mum for 3 hours and she doesn’t move much.
    Two great yoga classes Saturday and Sunday.
    FD today, so aiming to keep busy and balance out any weekend excesses.
    @basyjames so sorry that you’re having a rough time. Sending you virtual hugs.
    @bert1802 – hope you’ve found your zip-a-dee
    @annabelle48 – happy belated birthday
    Pocket List – Day 6 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I’ve been feeling tired lately and had a sore tummy over the weekend. Think my body is telling me there have been too many ‘occasional’ treats since lockdown…..just in case I hadn’t picked up on the message from the scales. So feeling determined to have a good FD today and to exercise my discipline muscle more this month so that I end July at 60kg.

Have a good day fellow fasters 🙂

Day 6 FD UK
    Just signing in to say please put me on list today.
    More later but off now to opticians for eye test.

2nd post

Just adding me and @annabelle48 to the list

Pocket List – Day 6 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @annabelle48

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear

Day 6, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s LFD didn’t go to plan, I’m using eating as an excuse NOT to do other things!!! I’ll be flat out today playing catch-up on some work due tomorrow 😱, procrastinating is a skill I have in spades!!! The avalanche effect came into force at about 4pm after a tiny bowl of seasoned Greek Yoghurt with cucumber; (cheats raita maybe?) such a rookie mistake that late into the fast!!
    “If you never take that first calorie, your body is still in the steady state without the trigger to eat more” wise words I completely ignored yesterday!!

@fasterjo, welcome back! I have to weigh and measure everything, a bit tedious sometimes, but my estimating skills are rubbish😂😂😂, that’s only funny to me since I work in the estimating department!!! 😆 A typical or recommended portion still amazes me sometimes (1/2 a bagel …………….. really!!??) so MFP and my kitchen scales are my constant companions on this journey, maybe for life!!! 😟

Well done @judyjudes, 💪 the snack dragon is evil & must be defeated ………………………. Especially when he comes bearing the gift of peanut butter!!!😏

@daffodil2010, hand on heart, I don’t think a LFD is any harder than a 500cal FD, just don’t think about eating since you aren’t planning to anyway!!!! Good luck🙏 & …………………………. Just to repeat myself ………“If you never take that first calorie, your body is still in the steady state without the trigger to eat more” You’ve got this!! 🤗

I’ve Zoom yoga in 20mins, so this is a short post today, stay strong everyone, for those fasting ………………………. “You CAN fast today, for tomorrow you FEAST!!!!!”

second post.
    So far so good with today’s FD, however it IS just coming up to dinnertime so we will see…
    @betsylee just wanted to see how you are going and if the Covid19 is affecting you? Hoping it isn’t.
    Sounds quite bad in Victoria.
    We’re OK in WA but borders are still closed and it seems as if everyone in WA is holidaying somewhere else in WA.
    Trying to get holiday accommodation up north AND down south after the school holidays is not going to plan!
    Writing and reading on this thread to try to avoid food.

Day 6 London UK OMAD

Just adding myself to the DTF pocket list. OMAD still going well. It suits me down to the ground. I eat whatever I fancy between 5 and 10 pm, and no calories outside that. I find it much easier, and it seems to work for me. I don’t have a sweet tooth, and DTF keeps me on the straight and narrow in the week. I’m three weeks in – I’ll keep you posted.

Pocket List – Day 6 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Day 6, FD, U.S.-MI

I’m here, but we had a death in the family early this morning, so I won’t be posting in the thread this week. Today/Wednesday will be FDs and I’m not sure about Friday yet. Due to covid there’s a limit of 10 people gathering together indoors in our state, so navigating through a death/funeral arrangements is a logistical nightmare. It’s going to be a rough week.

Daily weigh-in: x (goal: 130lbs)

Day 6 – USA/GA – FD

Water, water, everywhere, and not a drop to lose! So disappointing to see myself concur with the scales at 258 lbs. this morning, a nearly 3 lb. rise since July 2. But the FD is here today and Wednesday, so here’s hoping a couple more of the fatty pounds move out this week. Plus, normal schedules and meals resume today (hooray!)

Still, I have confidence, not only because of it being a FD, but because of what I did — I must have went through about 150 pieces of clothing over the weekend, mostly yesterday. Lots of things are still way too small to even try on. But plenty of, “let’s see” items that I tried on. I had an “oops, can’t button that up” pile, an “it’s really close so maybe in another month or two” pile, a “better iron that first” pile, and a “you pass the test” pile. It really felt good to clean out the closet (where there were pieces of clothes way too small to wear hiding in nooks and crannies — in fact, that reminds me of some more hiding places I need to check out). I was able to hang some things back up that were in the storage bins, put away a few stragglers that had no business being in the closet (at least for now), and tuck away in a nearby empty dresser some clothes that are just a couple of months away from making a reappearance.

Hitting that unexpected 255 on July 2 makes me confident the mid 250s are just around the corner for me. Good luck today everyone!

Oh, and I may have convinced a friend and former coworker of mine to join in today. I’ll follow-up with her, and see how it went, and if she’d like to come to the forum!

Pocket List – Day 6
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 6
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Day 6, Boston, MA, USA – FD, Run 3-4 miles

Well, I definitely threw in the towel this weekend, and climbed hesitantly on the scale this morning, to 130.2 lbs. I started July at 127.6, so *blah*. I did get a lot of cleaning and organizing done, and one 5 mile run. I also enjoyed being off from work for a few days. Hoping I can get things back on track for the rest of the month.

@veggiegrl, I’m so sorry for your loss. Take care, and hope things go smoothly for the funeral.

@judyjudes, I think I’ll have to use that snack dragon image – love it! I also have an insatiable monster within which is ignited by the tiniest bit of snackiness.

Monday is clearly a popular FD. Adding myself to the list.

Pocket List – Day 6
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @hedwig6

DTF List – Day 6
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor

Day 6 2nd post.
    Back from opticians don’t need new glasses but could have reading part improved. We’ll see, might save the money.
    FD going well so far, a third of the way through. Trying to have a really good start as did not watch any food intake over weekend.
    Finally after 2 weeks guts have settled down. Hopefully they will stay that way as don’t want repeat episodes.
    Target for this month is to lose 4 lbs which will make half a stone off.
    Keep strong everyone.

Day 6 USA (Illinois) CD

Hope to manage well enough today. Off to Silver Sneakers shortly then afternoon at home. Another very hot day, it will be nice to spend some time in the pool.

Onward and downward.

Day 6 Canada NFD

I bought a mountain bike yesterday and had a fun ride through the forest. Need to work on my fitness so am hoping this will help!

@penz I was in Canberra around this time a few years back and remember that “crisp” air. Such a beautiful city

@funshipfreddie damage control day for ma as well, FD tomorrow!

@veggiegirl so sorry for your loss and hope you are able to find a solution to the restrictions, that certainly sounds tough

@hedwig6 lots of time this month to get on track, you’ve got this!!

Day 6 UK, NFD

As expected, Saturday turned into an EFS day but yesterday was ok – held off eating in the day then had a Sunday roast, so not the healthiest but total calories came in under TDEE. Today was going to be a FD, but I finished work early and went into Chester, the local Pret was open and allowing people to sit inside. It was so tempting to have lunch at an actual table inside an actual coffee shop that I decided tomorrow will be a FD. Still, today won’t be all bad – MFP shows me at just on 1000 calories for the day.

I tried on a pair of linen trousers today after reading @northgeorgia post. I bought them for holiday last year, took them to Greece and back but couldn’t wear them. Today they zipped up like a dream.

@veggiegirl, so sorry for your loss, take care of yourself.

Stay safe everyone.

Day 6 North Canton OH LFD

Early day for me today, started with a 30 minute run with my youngest daughter and a 30 minute ab workout

I have not got as much done as I planned, due to some epic procrastinating on my part 😁

@saffy420 yay for the linen pants

@veggiegirl my sympathies for your loss

@hedwig6 we are in this together

Adding myself to the pocket list
    Pocket List – Day 6
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @hedwig6
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 6
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames

Day 6 UK FD
    First Monday pocket list of the month and you were right were right @funshipfreddie it’s a whopper !

That’s a great feeling @saffy420 isn’t it?
    My condolences @veggiegrl Stay strong and we’ll see you next week

Pocket List – Day 6
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @northgeorgia
    @hedwig6
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 6
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

We got this people !!

Day 7, NFD, Aus

Had a good FD yesterday but somehow woke up feeling flat. Motivation is slipping away…

Day 7 CD country west Australia
    Yes, yes, YES!!!!!!
    Finally a really good FD as in keeping under 500 calories and…. TA DA!!! the scales are showing a 900 gm loss.
    I know, I know. Mostly water weight but ANY loss is motivating at this stage.
    Planning on being very controlled over the next little while. My friend MFP and I are back working together
    I had forgotten how good it feels to actually fast and how it gives my stomach a break from constantly eating.
    As someone said earlier, it is the first bite that does the damage and gets the digestive juices flowing.
    @northgeorgia, I am planning on a cupboard clean out when I have lost a bit more weight. At present I have 2 piles – 1 small pile with a few pairs of black pants that I shoehorn myself into in the morning and peel off at night and a much much larger pile ( the rest of an extensive wardrobe ) which is in the ‘ not in a million years will they fit’ . Hoping to change the balance somewhat in the next few months.
    @veggiegirl, condolences on your loss. How awful to have to cope with the death of a loved one and funeral arrangements in these times.
    @hedwig6, hang in there and we’ll hold onto you on the wagon. My weight loss journey graph with 5:2 is somewhat akin to a mountain range with many peaks and troughs!
    The thing that keeps/has kept me going with this WOL ( albeit very unsuccessfully at times due to overindulging mightily) over the years are the health benefits as well as the weight loss.
    The older I get the more I realise that I simply MUST get my waist measurement under control to try to avoid many of the chronic diseases associated with being overweight and unfit.

Day 7 – Japan – NFD

Finished WFD #53 but it wasn’t easy. In fact I was questioning why I’m fasting. Not that hard but sometimes my appetite gives me more trouble.

Day 7, Emden Germany, NFD

@veggiegirl condolences on your loss.

@penz don’t let it slip, try to stay focussed, in the end it’s worth the struggle!

Have a nice day everyone!

D7 – UK – NFD

@veggiegirl big condolences, how awful. Hooe you are looking after yourself.

So glad to be back here, this is such a great community.

‘Next year I will wish I started today’

Day 7 – Ireland – CD

@penz like you I’m feeling flat but come on… we can do this…. 💪

Yesterday should have been a FD but I just wasn’t in the zone and today I am visiting friends for a bite to eat tonight but maybe I can come in between 500-800… 🤞

I had a lovely weekend with my parents but some family tensions are affecting me and I’m busy with some stressful work this week. Nothing that I can’t handle but just need to get out of the way.

@veggiegirl I am so very sorry for your loss. Take care and see you when you’re ready to come back.

Have a good day everybody

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Couldn’t manage the LFD, by lunchtime I felt wibbly, so I drive home and ate my healthy Oatbran bread sandwich (which is a staple FD lunch) which I had left in the fridge. Felt better afterwards.

Going to try a B2B FD today as I am commuting into Dublin again for training. Today’s commuting experiment will be the bus!!! I live in a rural village so the bus to town comes every two hours 😆 I have squared it that I will arrive slightly later in the office but will leave slightly later….and you know what, I am really looking forward to not having to drive at all and just sit watching the world go by for the duration. It’s still going to be a 3 hour round trip but I will be relaxed. 👍

I am in the @penz and @jaifaim mode of feeling pretty flat. However, @flourbabys words of yesterday regarding the first bite starting the avalanche has resonated and although my tum is rumbling (I don’t feel hungry, but didn’t sleep well and tum feels off), I shall ignore until lunchtime.

I wish I could recapture that enthusiasm I had this time three years ago when 5:2 was a revelation. Maybe I should seek out the M.Moseley BBC documentary (I have never seen it) because although I remain here I feel a bit of a fraud for not taking this WOL seriously. I won’t jump ship, but I need something to give me back that motivation.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Anybody joining me today ?

Pocket list day 7
    @daffodil2010

Day 7 CD Uk
    Good morning.
    Had a very good FD yesterday and scales have been kind showing a 1 lb loss. Probably mainly water but I don’t care. It’s a good feeling. Now have to try to keep it that way until next fd. Looked forward to and very much enjoyed breakfast today.
    Hang in there @penz, you were such a help and support to me last month. This is such a mental thing, you have to get your mind in the right place. If I am losing it a bit, and let’s face it you can’t be positive and on top of the world all the time, I read some motivational stories and find that helps a bit but sometimes you just have to hang in there and wait for better times. Give me your hand and I’ll pull you up.
    Will be having my 3 months growth hair cut lunchtime and I can’t wait.
    @veggiegirl sorry to hear your news. Making the arrangements as you say will be a logistical nightmare and you have my sympathy. Forget about weight loss you have too much to contend with.
    Hope you all have a good day.

Day 7 – UK – NFD

Yesterday’s FD was on point but gain showing on scales. This happens regularly, such a strange phenomena. If I remain on point all week I know the scales will drop eventually.

@flourbaby Previously I’ve experienced the 4:00 o’clock food avalanche…. it’s a proper beast that Snack Dragon 🐉! It’s possesses your hands and shovel food into your gob 😳. Once unleashed there is no controlling it! Like you, I know the secret lies in not having one little morsel no matter how much the 🐉 huffs & puffs. My craving last night was cheese. I didn’t do it. It’s so strange because after waking up this morning, cheese is the last thing I want.

@veggiegrl sending condolences. Hope you’re ok under such sad circumstances.

@hegwig6 It’ll soon be gone I’m sure. Sometimes we hold onto waste & water.

@annabelle48 we have the same target = 4lbs. Good luck! I’m a little behind with a weekly loss so far of .6lb but I’m sure it will level out. The nearer I get to goal the harder it’s becoming.

Sending positives thoughts.

Take care.

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

It sounds like a few of us threw caution to the wind over the weekend. Not to worry; we’re barely a week into the month, and anything is possible. Scales this morning show I’m at the exact weight I started the month at, so that’s maintenance!

@veggiegrl – my condolences.

@annabelle48 – good to hear you’re on the mend. Enjoy your salon appointment!

@daffodil2010 – you’ve never seen the, ‘Eat, Fast…’ documentary?! It’s definitely worth an hour of your time. I’ve watched it a few times; it’s a great reminder of all the health benefits that come with 5:2 https://vimeo.com/259080453

@penz – I hope you get your mojo back soon. I put you on the DTF list, just in case…

Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010

DTF List – Day 7 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie

Day 7 – UK – CD/NFD ? No idea at the moment !

Kitchen & utility project ambling along nicely, had a steady day yesterday, then! Chaos rules …. it’s just after 9am done 1 1/2 hours work already, just stopped for a break!

Guy coming to tile, tomorrow! Message saying new fridge arriving Thursday (early), flooring coming ready for Monday ….. No pressure!
    Can’t beat having good mates who are tradesmen though, even coming out to play on Sunday and we have a great bartering system, my beer is very popular!

@veggiegrl – condolences to you and family.

Take care all

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Yesterday’s FD was good, but then Monday and Thursday FDs are routine after 3 years, I really don’t have to think too much as I have established a set of meal options and just do it knowing its just one day. Now NFDs are a different matter, much more control required on Tuesdays and Wednesdays to keep within TDEE. Friday to Sunday are more relaxed. And that is how maintenance usually works for me……except in recent weeks I have indulged in 🍷most NFDs, hence my Covid creep upwards and the plan for this month is to stay dry to Friday…..I WILL STAY DRY TILL FRIDAY!!! Sorry for shouting, I just need to reinforce the resolve 😉

Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    DTF List – Day 7 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear

Day 7 Oxon, UK CD
    Yesterday morphed into a CD, but I weigh less than last Tuesday morning. I’ve decided to look at my weight on a rolling cycle across the week. So rather than look at the loss between consecutive days I’ll look at where I was the same time last week. It will help me highlight peaks and troughs I hope.
    @veggiegirl – condolences to you and family.
    Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    DTF List – Day 7 ☕️
    @penz
    @funshipfreddie
    @missybear
    @suki2

Second post….

You’re looking lonely on tte pocket list @daffodil2010 so I’m joining you! Strength in numbers… 💪

Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

my challenge will be this evening but I’ll deal with that later 💪

Day 7 2nd post
    Question. How do you get on the pocket list? Does the host pick it up and put you on or do you do it yourself and if the latter how do you do it?
    Many thanks in anticipation of answer.

Hi Annabelle

You copy and paste from the previous list and add yourself , or someone else will always do it for you if you mention, they’re a pretty helpful gang x

Day 6 UK NFD
    Day 7UK FD

Despite 3 FD last week and pretty controlled the other days, the scales refuse to budge! But, onwards and hopefully downwards this week.

Day 6……Florida……. FD

Somewhere, I think I missed a day…… it just been a busy couple days! Over the holiday, I ran and ran some more…..
    I tried very hard, to be good, over the weekend, every time we went out to eat, I did eat salads but I’m going to pretty frank. I don’t think they were very calorie friendly.

I did a bit of research and some state that a salad at a restaurant can have up to 3x more calories then a standard meal…..What? So, I may need to rethink a salad when I’m out and about.

Well……I’m off for the day.

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 7, UK FD

The weather this morning is awful so I’m going to attempt a Leslie Sansome walk after all the recommendations on here – I’ll use it as a distraction whilst OH is having lunch.

Quite a few people saying they’re feeling a bit meh at the minute. I’ve been there and it’s one day at a time for me – this way of life isn’t a sprint, it’s lifestyle so there’s no rush.

I plan on OMAD and already have a nice pork steak marinating in garlic and chili for later. OH will have it with a baked potato and salad, I’ll just have the salad.

Pocket List – Day 7 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420

Day 7 – USA/GA – NFD

The scales weren’t sure, but settled on 257 lbs. This plateau is getting dull. I keep reminding myself of the holiday weekend feast last week, the summer weather making me retain more water than usual, and that this slow-down is all a normal part of weight loss anyway. Still frustrating to see the waist measurements remain the same. Going to increase my water intake today, watch the salt, and enjoy some fruit to help my body realize there is plenty of water around LOL

As @saffy420 says, this WOL isn’t a sprint, so no need to rush what can’t be rushed! I need to look at my past and realize my journey may seem long to me in the middle of things, but truthfully it’s been just a little under two months, and I’ve lost an amazing 11-12 lbs. during that time. I also knew the rate of loss would slow and hit longer plateaus. It was scary to see a trend upward of about three pounds these past six days, but the bigger picture and the ability to (pardon the modern speak) “flatten the curve” into a plateau reinforces the validity of this WOL to me. In the past, I would have helplessly watched each day as the pounds quickly clobbered their way back to where I was, plus some. But I know that’s not going to be the case with 5:2. I may gain a little, but it will go down eventually if I don’t overdo it on NFDs (within the adjusted TDEE) and stay strict on FDs.

I hope many of you who are also feeling blah or discouraged can join me in a quick glimpse over the mountain peak to see what’s on the other side. We need to take in the panorama together to know that the stumbling over rocks and obstacles in our path are worthwhile.

Pocket List – Day 7
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420

Day 7 FD

Glad it’s a FD, number 2 of 9 this month and I am hoping to start losing some weight.

That snack dragon sneaks up and can easily take over @judyjude and @flourbaby

@funshipfreddie you are absolutely right, anything is possible

@mia139 my scales haven’t moved either, soon….

Pocket List – Day 7
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420
    @bellyblast

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s CD ended up being just under 900 calories, so that makes me happy. Doing some shopping today – our malls are open now, and DH really needs some new shorts.

@veggiegirl -so sorry for your loss. Trying to negotiate a funeral in this pandemic is such a trial for families.

@northgeorgia – if you have lost 11-12 pounds in about 2 months, that is fabulous! Yes, there will be fits and starts, but remember this is a long-distance run. And even if the scale does not move, the body will shift. I could always tell my losses by clothing.

Onward and downward.

Day 7 North Canton OH LFD

So OH and I have had some long conversations. We acknowledged to each other that mistakes were made by both of us as we got complacent in our relationship; and it does not make sense to be apart because we miss each other. So we are planning a quick get away next week – in state of course; we are not comfortable crossing state lines with cases going up around the country. We have work to do, but we are committed to doing the work together. That was a huge oof!!!

In other unrelated news, I was able to get out of bed and complete my 30 minute beach body program; and then out for a 1 hour jog/walk. 10,000 steps clocked and positioned in front of the computer to earn my keep today.

Thank you for all your well wishes and prayers. You definitely made it easier for me not to lose my mind and I am so overwhelmed by your support and generosity.

@penz here is some extra motivation, don’t let it slip- you have got this!!!
    @lilymartin- I agree that first bite opens the floodgates to damage- my mantra lately has been NOT TODAY! So far it’s working 😊
    @daffodil2010 watching videos or reading some literature about this WOL will definitely give you some of your mojo back. I do that when I wonder why I am denying myself. Another funny thing- may be due to my recent relationship issues, but food does not appeal to me much anymore- the only thing things that I want to eat are almonds, cashews, cakes, brownies, and alcohol. All the stuff that is wreaking havoc on my waistline – I can’t even be bothered to step on the scale to see the extent of the damage. I am just determined to turn it around. I will use my silhouette as a guide that my efforts are working

@bert1802 restaurant salads are calorie bombs and not as virtuous as they seem 😎😎

Onward and downward as they say
    Pocket List – Day 7
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420
    @bellyblast
    @basyjames

Day 7 – Rural Nebraska, USA – OMAD
    Day 6 – ??
    Day 5 – Way over TDEE…maybe

The 4th went okay for me; I overindulged a bit, and controlled myself a bit. Most important, I got in my step goal, so that was something. Then, Sunday was delightful. But also completely out of control. We ate All. Day. Long. In courses, spaced out over the day. Grilled oysters. Wedge salad (way too much dressing). Mussels in wine sauce. Lots of other goodies and lots of wine, and my goose was cooked. Monday, I was fine as long as I sat, but sick the moment I stepped outside in the heat, so I have no idea what the calories for the day added up to. Today, I’m back in control, and doing OMAD to make up for all the weekend calories. The saddest thing is that I didn’t get my 10K steps yesterday. But today’s a new day!

@brightonbelle, you may be the only person in the world who finds rural Nebraska to be fascinating, and you put a smile on my face to say so!
    @lilymartin, welcome back; I look forward to getting acquainted!
    @veggiegirl, my sympathies to you and your family; the loss is even harder when funerals can’t even be held as we would have wanted them.
    @saffy420, how lovely to be able to wear your linen pants!
    @judyjudes “Yesterday’s FD was on point but gain showing on scales. This happens regularly, such a strange phenomena.” So strange, indeed, but we all know it WILL come off eventually. But, strange, indeed!
    @i-hate-lettuce, I actually love the chaos of a remodel, because I know how lovely it will all be when done; yours sounds like it’s progressing wonderfully!
    @missybear, your shouting sounded quite firm and purposeful; I’ll just bet it was what you needed to stay DTF!
    @mia139, those scales sound stubborn and entirely unreasonable. You continue what you’re doing, and I’m sure you’ll win the stare-down!
    @northgeorgia, I enjoyed reading your thoughts on your frustrations and what will and will not be true of this WOL. Bottom line: it works as long as we stay on the wagon.
    Oh, @basyjames, I’m so happy for you! I will continue with my prayers that the work you and OH do produces wonderful relationship results!

BTW, how is Leslie Sansone’s last name pronounced? Anyone know?

Day 7, London, UK, LFD,

Late, late check-in, @annabelle48, perhaps we were salon buddies, I had my hair done this morning, Oh the relief!!! …………….. The mop is no more!!!! LFD going well since it was a busy day, I think I might be a bit agoraphobic after 3months WFH, I absolutely hated going out this morning, mingling (from a distance!) with the great unwashed!!! 😂😆

Way to go @emma-taylor, perhaps you and I have finally found our own grooves. I’ve fallen for the LFD lifestyle and you’re finding OMAD suits you! Another bonus is OMAD is something you can take on your travels too!! I’m pretty sure my next holiday will NOT have any LFDs ………………………….. not unless that liquid is red wine!!!🍷🍷🍷…………… I kid you not!!!!

@veggiegirl I’m sorry for your loss, it’s such a sad time and limiting the number of mourners must be so very difficult. I hope everyone has the opportunity to say goodbye in their own way.

@bellyblast, I envy you your mountain bike, I fear if I bought one it would end up like the static bike I have ……………………………. Glorified clothes horse!!!!

@saffy420, congratulations, that’s a sweet NSV!! 👏 👏

@penz, there really is no other alternative, nobody wants to go on a ‘diet’, this works, it’s hard but it’s easy, but it’s still hard!!! 😜 Enjoy today’s NFD and don’t even think about motivation or fasting or mojo or weight or water consumption or us!!! Just enjoy your day-day 💕 ………………………. Not a FD or a NFD, just a DD!! @jaifaim, @daffodil2010 & @penz …………….. 💕 🤗 💪 🤗 💕 💪 🤗 💕, we CAN do this, I’m strapping y’all onto the wagon!!!!! Fasting is easier than dieting & it’s simple, the only decision you need to make is when (or if) you break the fast……………….. Be strong and simple😉 (you know what I mean!!!) 😜.

@judyjudes, exactly!!!! The thing you crave drives you to distraction, I’m sure I had a conversation with my brother last week that went something like ………………………………… “So how are chocolate managing with chocolating at home? The chocolate is to get up early, shower, chocolate and sit at your chocolate as though you were actually at chocolate, do you know what I mean?” ………….. Uurgh!! I couldn’t have cared less about the conversation, my brain was chocolate!!! Then, the next day, a NFD, the craving was for tuna pasta salad!!!! So weird!!!

@stitchincarol, I pronounce it as in ” and Delilah”!!!😁😁

Pocket List – Day 7
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420
    @bellyblast
    @basyjames
    @flourbaby
    We’ve got this guys, we will get over that bump in the road……………………….

“What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson

Day 8, NFD, Aus

Thanks @snowflake56 – I consider that I did NOT slip yesterday! I did a Leslie walk, took the young dog out for a power walk but still I felt the motivation was sliding away. We had a bottle of wine that was open from the weekend and there was enough left for a glass each. And while the cellar (aka boxes in the bottom of the pantry) were calling, I did NOT open another bottle.

OH and I are going out to dinner tonight. I’m so excited! But it will not be a dry night. To counter, I’m having that delish zucchini, pea and cannellini bean soup for lunch that someone (@AT??) posted last month.

Thanks for the shout out too @jaifaim – holding tightly on to your hand! Good luck with the family and work situation – stress in both the work and home life is a double whammy that you (no-one!) needs.

@Daffodidl2010. Not sure if it was a typo but I think I know exactly how “wibbly” feels! Holding on to your hand too. You KNOW 5:2 works – you can’t afford to ignore a tried and true technique. Neither can I! (Why can’t I listen to / follow the advice I give others?!?!)

Hi @annabelle48 – thank you. I’ve only got two hands but I’ll somehow work out how to hold on to yours as well as @Jaimfaim’s and @daffodil’s! And thanks to my fellow PB-lover @flourbaby. The personal messages really do help. Already I’m feeling much more in the zone having read this morning’s batch of posts.

@northgeorgia – I like my curves, so I think I’m going to adopt a modified version of your phrase – tone the curve! Noting your fantastic loses, your plateau seems more like a temporary pause to take in the view.

Oh! @basyjames! I think that’s good news? As long as you’re both committed! Will you consider seeking professional counselling to help you on your journey? Good luck for your getaway!

Happy Wednesday everyone.

[Sorry all – my post today looks a little self-indulgent…]

Day 8 country west Australia CD
    Wow! It certainly helps to be own this thread and to read everyone’s journeys – ups and downs and roundabouts. Its stops me from eating too so a brilliant double.😊
    @saffy420 , oh the dreaded plateau!! 😢🥺😳😨
    I sat on one for about 3 months way back in 2017 . I was there for SSOOOOOOOO long that I called in the decorators and made it entirely comfortable as I watched others lose weight and get fitter.📺🛀🛌 I was initially upbeat, then a bit disheartened, then completely self-pitying thinking ‘ poor me’ and THAT’S when the downhill slide began – but sadly not regarding weightloss. 😩😱
    I was very slack in my approach to 5:2. Ate badly and ate a LOT. 🥮🍕🍷🍰🍿🍟🥟🍤🍫🥂🍩
    Tried to fool myself that I was living the 5:2 WOL when it was patently clear that I wasn’t.
    Fast forward 3 years and I now have far more to lose than I have previously EVER had to lose !😳
    I have been on this thread on and off since. Beginning each month with determination but by week 2 being somewhat less than mindful.😢
    SO here I am AGAIN…but this time, the recent blood test results being something of a wake up call plus the info about Covid19 deaths being higher in the overweight and diabetic population has got me thinking more seriously about my health and my weight!😬😦 ( I am a health professional !! um…..)
    @northgeorgia,I started this WOL in November 2016, followed it very carefully and with much enthusiasm. Had good results with weight loss and health . I posted many pearls of wisdom and all was going well until I hit the dreaded plateau. See above.
    No matter what I did , how much I exercised, how little I ate, I could NOT shift the weight so lost my mojo BIG time and fell off the wagon, off the plateau and found myself in EFS-land EVERY day.
    The silly thing is that I weigh daily and record weekly and even as I watched the scales sky-rocket I chose not to live 5:2 WOL sensibly. ( Can one even say they are doing 5:2 when one is consciously aware of consuming about 3 times ones’ TDEE – often!!!)
    Anyway , here I am having found my mojo – again! 😃- and hoping to be somewhat healthier in a few months time.🙄🤞
    @i hate Lettuce, reading of your Reno reminds me of a show I enjoy, Grand Designs. They always seem to get the house they want but only after many time constraints, bad weather, things going awry ( not in your case of course!) Sounds like it will look great when finished – good Luck.
    @basyjames, I have not read all the posts over the past few months but it sounds as though you are making positive progress with your relationship. I will keep you in my thoughts. How often do we neglect those nearest and dearest to us and take them for granted.
    I read a column in the local paper by a fellow who gives financial advice, Scott Pape. He has written a great book called ‘ The Barefoot Investor’ ( very good read on finance but I digress).
    He says that it is important to have a regular ‘ Date Night’ with one’s partner to keep the lines of communication open and to make sure we make time for our partner so they know how important they are.
    Whew! Here endeth the lesson. Didn’t realise how long my post was. Will definitely be shorter tomorrow.
    🤭

@basyjames – oh so happy that it sounds like you are making amends and progress with your OH — sending so many hugs and prayers for your time together!

Day 8 – UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Must remember to eat ! and drink !

As you can imagine full on here at the moment, no kitchen as such (everything stripped down) Once I get going I struggle to find the ‘off’ switch … suddenly lost all energy yesterday, lack of food, but more importantly dehydration ! How many times have I mentioned importance of water in the last 12 months?

However, things moving on well , just not looking forward to today, the dreaded ‘dust’ day. A lot of projects create mess, but today the tiles are coming off the walls, there’s going to be a houseful of very fine dust from the grout and plaster that just has to come off…. 🙁

@stitchincarol @lilymartin – Thanks for cheering us on!

Take care all

Day 8, Emden Germany, NFD

@penz I knew you could be this strong!

@basyjames that’s so good to hear, I hope you both enjoy your get away and find your way back to each other.

@i-hate-lettuce I wish I could come over to help you. Taking off tiles is my favourite part in renovation projects. After that the building back can start. I’m the destroyer in the house, my husband the builder. Try to enjoy it!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Thanks all for your encouragement yesterday. FD went well until I got a phone call from my colleague while I was on the bus home, and unfortunately I packed away with my training notes some VERY important documents that should not leave the office 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱😱. It was pure accidental and I am back in there (with the documents 😳) today….but the STRESS!!!

Plus the bus was delayed in the driving rain so it took two hours to get home!!! DH greeted me at the door with a glass of white wine which I gratefully accepted!!!!!

It’s back on the bus to work as I have prepaid my ticket but if the bus is delayed (or doesn’t turn up – this is often the case in our rural village) DH is on hold to drive me in to the city.
    I am really stressing over this. But have packed an FD lunch and hopes for today not going pear shaped again.

Have a good Wednesday-

Day 8 – UK – CD

Hello Everyone

For some reason I’ve woken feeling bloated. I’ve looked over what I had yesterday and in a blended veg & fruit drink I made I added pineapple. I’d read pineapple contains natural digestive enzymes that were good for our gut. I’m thinking it might be that 🤔. Anyways I absolutely hate feeling bloated so going to have a light CD which might be soup at lunch and chicken and salad for evening meal.

@lilymartin well done on your successful FD and weight loss 👍.

@annabelle48 1lb is a nice loss!

@mia139 I’ve been there! Doing everything right and the scales don’t show their appreciation. So frustrating!

@bert1802 Yes a dressed salad can pack a calorie punch. If eating out (not that I do currently) I find the it’s the dressings that are calorific; I always get dressings, sauces etc ‘on the side’ or omit all together.

@basyjames … Pleased to read your update. All sounds positive.

@flourbaby lol 😂 True. And it was World Chocolate Day yesterday too. Or was it the day before? This week sometime anyway. As if people need excuses to eat CHOCOLATE 🍫

Have a good day Everyone!

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’m feeling a bit cross with myself this morning after last night’s salted peanut-fest. Why, oh why do I buy them? I kid myself that by buying the small 55 g packets I won’t be able to do much damage. No more! 😟

@judyjudes – World Chocolate Day?!! I had to Google that after I read your post; and it really was! July 7th! And there’s even a National Chocolate Day in the US on October 28th 🍫

Here’s to a very sensible NFD today, and a Happy Hump Day to all! 🐫🐪

DTF List – Day 8 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8 UK FD

What a great read all the posts were from yesterday and today! Funny, pensive and encouraging. Although I don’t post much, I do enjoy reading other’s experiences and 5:2 journeys. So keep up the good work! As a case in point…. the scales went down to 61kg this morning. I have finally learned that ” keeping with it” eventually shows results but it’s hard going at the time. So thanks for the reminders!
    Good luck to all today and stay safe.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.