July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 723 total)

• Day 3, FD, U.S.-MI

I haven’t figured out how to do a highlighted name link, (if someone could tell me how, lol).
    Penz- No fish, even though we used to have numerous aquariums lol. Current pets are:
    -1 cat
    -2 ferrets
    -2 bearded dragons
    -3 birds, (Amazon parrot, budgie and a one-footed finch/rescue bird)
    -2 rabbits -AND- 1 of them has bunnies!! So technically that adds 6 more to the count, ha!

Some days I feel like I live in a petting zoo 🙂

Today is the last FD of my first week back into IF after a long break from it. I remember now why I was so successful with it back in the day, I truly enjoy the pattern of FD/NFD. And the FDs are so calming, if that makes sense? It’s just nice to not focus on food for a day and it frees up a lot of time as well 🙂

Going to be coffee and eggs again today and then this weekend we’ll be doing social stuff as we have out of state relatives coming in. Monday I’ll be back with a FD.

Daily weigh-in: x (goal: 130lbs)

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off to Silver Sneakers this morning. We have our class now in the indoor 4-court tennis center of our gym. Compared to the basement room we used to have, this venue is really hot, even indoors. Sweating is good, right?

@basyjames – whew… sending you much love and sympathy that you take care of yourself despite the upheaval in your relationship.

@veggiegirl – if you just copy and insert a link, it will highlight — for a name, just do the @ sign, and it automatically highlights.

Onward and downward.

Day 3, Boston, USA – MFD, Run whatever

Day 2 recap:
    – ran 4 miles
    – grazed all day, and so didn’t do a great job fasting.

It’s definitely harder for me to do the FDs on days I am home (and not at work), so this long holiday weekend (USA) is not great. I’m thinking that instead of trying to do full FDs, I’ll do a series of 800-ish days, and then pick the FDs back up again once the work week begins.

@basyjames, I am so sorry to hear about your relationship. I think it’s great that you’ve shifted your focus to taking care of your health, but definitely go easy on yourself for a while. Discipline is extra-hard at times of stress and sadness, and a little comfort is totally okay. Take care, and this internet stranger is sending good thoughts your way.

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dykask WFD
    @zzzzz45
    @saffy420
    @betsylee
    @hedwig6 MFD

Day 3 UK NFD

Entering what I used to think of as the “danger zone “ the weekend !! But after taking a leaf out of @funshipfreddie s book I now plan in advance what I’m going to eat and , more importantly drink each day and so far so good .

I think it was @i-hate-lettuce that mentioned how much better MFP has got certainly makes planning in advance so much easier

Great to hear of so many options being tried out- Keto, OMAD, egg fasts I’m sure they all have pros and cons but it’s all about finding what works for YOU

Thinking of you @basyjames and as you say Together we are stronger ❤️

Day 3 North Canton OH CD

What a blessing you all are! Thank you so much for all your warm and encouraging thoughts, wishes and prayers. @stitchincarol I’ll gladly accept your prayers.
    Thank you for asking about the kids, I have teenage girls and it’s just really, really difficult. OH and I were so close, most of our friends and family are in shock and frankly, so am I. Agghhh 2020!!! I cannot wait to be done with this year, seriously!
    Working out really helps and eating better makes me feel good too.
    One day at a time, lots of prayer, plenty of grace and self care, that’s my mantra these days.
    Be good to yourselves my friends and keep up the good work.

Day 3, London UK, LFD

Late check-in today, 2x Pilates classes and lest I forget, WFH!!!

@northgeorgia, you and yours are winning the ‘Family Fasting’ title hands down!!! Congrats on leaving the 260’s in your rear-view mirror!!!

I’ll have to be careful not to get too evangelical about LFDs, @funshipfreddie, it’s just that I’ve surprised myself with my success, so far!! I’m doing this as a kick-start to get me back to my 1st love – 5:2. I really wanted to get off of the plateau or is it the hormonal seesaw? & was inspired to ‘give it a go’ by @dykask (although I MUST have coffee with milk to even contemplate daily life!!) & after an unplanned week of ADF last month (when I needed to trawl the internet to find out if ‘this’ was a thing, ADF+LFDs); by this young lady Rachel Sharp, her Youtube channel is interesting too …………………..
    https://www.lovewhatmatters.com/at-first-i-received-lots-of-criticism-for-my-new-lifestyle-i-sit-at-150-pounds-from-236-i-knew-that-intermittent-fasting-had-been-the-right-choice-for-me/

https://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/a29345489/alternate-day-fasting-weight-loss-story/

@basyjames, I’m so sorry to hear just how awful June was for you🤗, I’m sending some heart healing vibes your way🙏, I truly hope you can find some semblance of control at least with fasting at a difficult & trying time. Go gently my friend💕

@penz, PFDS is to be celebrated, there’s nothing better for the ego 💪 than being able to say “See? I DID that!!!!” We’re gonna kill July!!!! 😎 Sticking with what works is key, that meal out will be one tiny blip, DO NOT let it derail you, I know I’m one to talk, just a sniff of a crisp or a glass of Malbec will be the end of my current good run, but I AM working that self-control muscle 💪 💪 …………………… HARD!!!! BTW, ………..10 fish………………😁😜😂!!!!!!!!!!!!

@daffodil2010, only one word for despatching the weekend-3 ………………… Phew!!!!! 😂

@bert1802, keto was NOT for me………………………….. my handle says it all!!! 😜 You might find this site helpful though!
    https://www.dietdoctor.com/low-carb/recipes

Welcome back @champinator, way to go on putting the bingeing behind you, to paraphrase, it’s hard, but not impossible!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dykask WFD
    @zzzzz45
    @saffy420
    @betsylee
    @hedwig6 MFD
    @flourbaby LFD

So, I’m very used to it & it’s easily ignored, but according to someone who should know, for most of the day there’s been a ………………………….

“rumbly in the tumbly” (Winnie the Pooh)

Day 3 Canada NFD

Late to post today, a busy morning at work!

@basyjames so sorry to hear about your break up and glad that you are here with friends, warm hugs

@missybear so glad you are joining the 60kg challenge with @mia139 and @snowflake56. I packed on a few pounds when covid hit and the world felt like it was spinning out of control. The new normal is going to be here for a while and I am really enjoying feeling back in control of my eating:)

Back to work, have a great day everyone

Day 3 UK FD

Another FD successfully navigated… early days yet this month obviously but think the 60kg challenge will keep me on track! So many thanks fellow fasters..

Day 4, NFD, Aus

Happy birthday @annabelle48! (I thought there was another birthday today, too?) And happy independence day you USAmericans!

Thanks for thinking of me @northgeorgia – the Thai was good and I had a better time than anticipated! But I was a little disappointed in my colleagues hugging and kissing greetings. We’ve had no COVID positive test in weeks here but the borders are open and it’s still in the community…

@bert1802 – you may have missed the Leslie Sansone craze in the forum. She does walking exercise videos on YouTube – you can choose a 10 min, 20 min, 30 or 45 min workout of various degrees of vigor. Many of us here love them! AND, best of all for your situation, you can do your 30 min planned walk from the cool air conditioned comfort of your lounge room. Check it out!

@veggiegirl – the highlighted name link is created simply by inserting the @ symbol before the name (with no space). You have a budgie and bearded dragons – your own little piece of Australia!  And I know what you mean re FDs being calming – it’s a day off having to think / worry about food.

Day 4 – Japan – NFD

Day 4, Emden Germany, FD

@missybear welcome to the 60 kilo challenge!

@annabelle48 Happy birthday!

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4 – UK – CD

Hello Everyone

@annabelle48 Many Happy Returns for your Birthday. Have a great day!

@flourbaby I’m going to read the links you posted. I’m interested. I’ve never done a LFD as it sounds so hard and I can’t imagine being able to get through the hunger barrier. But I am contemplating swapping a FD for LFD.

@basyjames your positivity in such demanding circumstances is refreshing. Sending warm regards.

Eaten to cal allowance but up a bit. Going to try to move more today and eat a bit less. Nip the creep in the bud!

Have a great weekend!

Day 4 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Decided I don’t like DIY a long time ago, nothings changed! Interfering with my walks and gardening, think the lack of walks is contributing to the slowdown in losing weight (well that and his n hers birthday weekends last month 😉 ) Yes I’m busy most of the day doing jobs but need my MOAM walks, reckon on 2 weeks to get finished!

@judyjudes – I used to eat up to calorie allowance when I first started, no more, my BMR/Calorie allowance is 1825, but on NFD’s restrict myself to 1600 and ignore exercise calories burned, then I’m not tempted to eat up to ‘max’ slow going at the moment, but it’s not going up.

Got a big surprise (well more like a little surprise) been getting rid of my larger clothes, used to buy 2xl long sleeved polo/rugby shirts, 52 inch chest!
    Looking to order some online from one of my favourite suppliers, now down to Large size, 45 inches! Knew I’ve ‘shrunk’ in the last 12 months but wow!

Take care all

An quote from an old friend which fits the 5:2 WOL and fasting …

Better an empty house than a bad tenant !

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@annabelle48 – 🎵 Happy birthday to you! 🎶 🎂🥂🍾🎈🎊🎉

Happy Independence Day to all our American fasters! 🇺🇸 🎆🎇

@flourbaby – thanks for the links. I was just reading Rachel Sharp’s story. Very inspiring! As is your enthusiasm for LFDs! But as I’m at my ideal weight right now from regular 5:2 I’m thinking, ‘if it’s not broken, don’t fix it’.

Have a great weekend everyone 🌈 ⛅️

“Life is what happens to you while you’re busy making other plans”. ~ John Lennon

Day 4, London, UK, NFD,

@annabelle48 Have a great day!! Happy birthday & enjoy your guilt-free🍰!

Another NFD to contend with, however, they’re not as scary as they used to be!! When I first started fasting I would have (contrary to many others) a fantastic night’s sleep and bound out of bed the DAFD with so much energy!! It eventually tailed off, perhaps because I wasn’t actually fasting, well not properly (FD800 did me NO favours!!) this morning I was up before the residents of the oak tree even thought about their dawn chorus!!!! 4:15 to be precise😱…………………….I’m gonna need an afternoon nap!!!😳

@funshipfreddie, you and @i-hate-lettuce seem to have breezed through the process (I said seem, I know just how hard this is!!) and settled into self-regulating which is what those ‘naturally’ slim people do. I wonder if it will become automatic for me to indulge one day then subconsciously lower my intake to compensate the next, my mum has done it all her life and she’s a dedicated sugar addict!!! Honestly, I think I’ll be planning my weeks to include 2 FDs FOREVER, I enjoy indulging too, too much!! 🍷🍞🍰😜
    Oh to be at my ideal weight, I’ve never seen it!!! I’m envious of the 60kg club ( @bellyblast, @missybear, @mia139 and @snowflake56) since that’s ‘supposed’ to be my ideal weight ………………………….. in my current situation it would take an amputation or two to get down that low!!!!😂😂 I saw 68kg (150lbs) once, it’s my ATL, then things went to pot and there was a 20+lb gain!!!😱

Anyway, I’m pleased to be heading in the right direction and I’ll take a leaf from @songbirdme’s book and aim for a healthy weight that does NOT show the wrinkles!!! I must start using MSM again alongside the coconut oil for the skin tightening properties!

Have a great weekend everyone, stay focussed!!

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

D4 – UK – FD

I haven’t managed to put my fasting bio on here yet. Hopefully will soon.

But aaarrrggghhh…can’t get a handle on the NFD’s. Not struggling with the FD’s, but I suspect my recent stress eating during the pandemic is still with me. So now changing to 4:3 as a management tool.

Also, did run1 of week 9 on my C25K.

@veggiegirl you and I are in a similar boat. I used to to 5:2, got really good results, but moved away from it. I knkw it works, so it’s my lifelune to control right now.

‘Next year I will wish I had started today’

@snowflake56 and @ flourbaby I remember you from the threads I was on over a year ago.

Have a brill Saturday.

Jo

Day4 UK, NFD

Happy 4th July to our American friends. @annabelle48 Happy Birthday, hope you have a good day.

Yesterday’s FD was a success, no alcohol at all kept me under 500 cals for the day. We’re having friends round for a bbq later so today will probably end up well over TDEE. I have a plan to stick to chicken and salad, ignoring the burgers but we’ll see how that goes.

Scales this morning rewarded me with a 2lb loss since Monday so starting the weekend with a smile. Good luck to everyone fasting today.

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 4 NFD UK
    Good morning all.
    Thank you so much for the birthday greetings. Really lifted my day.
    Weather here pretty miserable. Rainy, overcast and windy.
    Special thanks to @ Penz, @snowflake, @judyjudes and @funshipfreddie for birthday wishes.
    Looked up Rachel Sharp. What a story, very inspiring and such determination. A lesson to us all but I think for me I would still like the 500 days but then I only want to lose about 20 pounds, I say only, it’s quite a big mountain when it’s only dribs and drabs but I will get there.
    Having a relaxed weekend and then work in earnest starts on Monday.
    Have a good 4th weekend to USA people.

Day 4, NFD, U.S.-MI

Happy 4th of July to those in the states 🙂

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD, but it ended up being a controlled NFD. My husband had off of work because of the holiday, we did a million errands and then got our (new-to us) boat in the river. Busy, chaotic, FUN day! I estimated I ate around 1,500 calories and did my normal walk and then some unexpected kayaking, including briskly going up river against the current.

This morning’s weigh-in was 142.8lbs, which puts me at 4lbs down for my first week back into IF. I know most of it’s water/waste weight, but since I’m working on getting rid of some maintenance creep, 4lbs is significant, regardless of what it is lol. My goal is to get back down to around 130lbs and this week was a fantastic start!

I won’t be online the rest of the weekend since we’re getting ready for out of state relatives/holiday festivities/more boating. I’ll be back on Monday with a FD.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 4…… Florida…… NFD

I think, I missed yesterday, man I thought I posted…. I wish the mental clarity would kick in already!

@basyjames……life can take some crazy turns and can you to the edge where you feel you never return……I promise, you will return but you’ll be stronger than you can ever imagine. Sometimes, we feel as if we are the road we are suppose to be on but God, has a way to lead us to the path he needs us to be on….. for our own heath and happiness. I can not help but think, he’s got a bigger plan for you and your babies. The most important thing to do right now, is focus on taking care of yourself! Do not let the situation define who you are! Do not let the situation define who your babies are….. stand up, put on your sexiest outfit, brightest lipstick and your boss attitude….. show them that you can take on what ever the world throws at you……. because you are one BAD ASS!

Thank you everyone on the tips for my new plan…..@flourbaby….. I love me some carbs too but lately, I’m not so sure they love me. @penz…… I’ve never heard of Leslie Sansone but I will definitely look her up…..I’m a lazy cuss and I know I’ve got to start doing something.

Today…..I heading out with my bestie on a wilderness journey, not sure where the day will take us…… but if we do stop to eat….. I plan on getting something some what healthy. Is that even possible?

Well, I’m off….. I got to get ready to go…..

For those celebrating to day….please be safe and kind to each other!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 4 (USA – Illinois) NFD

Celebrating Independence Day today going to an outdoor high school graduation party for a church kid, former piano student. We will eat whatever they are serving while sitting around in the heat (supposed to be 90′ F. – 32 C. or higher!). I love our church family, so it will be nice.

@annabelle48 – “Happy birthday to YOU! ♫♪♫♪ and many more….) Birthdays are always a way to say “thank you, Lord, for another trip around the sun.”

@fasterjo – good to see you back again! To manage NFD’s I am glued to MyFitnessPal for calorie counting. If at all possible, I enter every last bit of anything that goes in my mouth and most days stay well under my TDEE. But if I go over for a splurge day, then I make it up another day. That’s the only way I can manage maintenance doing 6:1 most weeks.

Onward and downward.

Day 4 Canada NFD

Happy 4th of July!
    Another early work day so a quick check in- stay strong on the NFD’s everyone and have a great weekend

@annebelle48 happy birthday

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@annabelle48 Happy Birthday 💐🎂 hope you’re enjoying your special day.

Happy Independence Day to everyone celebrating 🥳 🇺🇸

I will have a healthy relaxing weekend with a little wine, next FD is Monday and I’m feeling glad that I have committed to the 60kg goal this month as it will keep me focused.

Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Happy 4th to my USA friends, and thanks to the rest of you for your good wishes!

Some friends have invited us to their lake cabin, along with other dear friends, so it’ll be a lovely day. A challenge, as well, because the alcohol flows freely, LOL! So I’m putting on a big yoke of determination to eat (and drink!) reasonably. And to ignore the guacamole I’m taking, sigh…

So far I’ve met my calorie and step goal for the first three days of July. I just came in from about an hour of prepping for and laying wood mulch, and that got me to almost 3K steps; I’ll do a Leslie Sansone video now, and get another 3-4K steps, and then finally get to shower and clean up. It was only 70-75 while I was out there, but at 79% humidity it felt like a bath, and it’s going to reach 90 later on.

@basyjames, honored to do so, continually through the days.

“You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.” I’ll think of that as I’m faced with beer and wine and lots and lots and lots of yummy food this afternoon and evening! Wishing you and me both boatloads of determination today!

Day 4 North Canton OH NFD

Happy 4th to my fellow Americans.

Happy birthday Annabelle!

@bert1802 thank you for your inspiring words. You’re so right, this definitely does NOT define me.

3.5 mile walk done,10,000 steps clocked and looking forward to 5,000 more before the day is done.

It’s going to be a fun day of bbq and there will be wine. Tomorrow will be a CD and Monday will be a LFD God willing.

So happy for your success @flourbaby and so proud!

Starting Monday, I’ll return to my dual screen method of posting so that I can properly respond to everyone’s post. Im just going off of memory at this point.

Have a lovely day everyone

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Happy Independence Day to all fellow compatriots!

The scales tried to go to 258 this morning, tsk tsk. Waited until after I washed the car and got 257 lbs. Tee hee hee! I knew it was water weight LOL

But if anyone had told me I’d be in the 250s by July 4 at the beginning of this year, I’d have thought, “yeah, right. I’d love that, but not likely, is it?” Conservatively hoping for the low 250s by month’s end.

The burgers, hot dogs and chips will definitely flow today. But I’m learning to eat slower and to satisfaction, and save any leftover for another NFD meal.

Have a great weekend, all!

Day 4 UK NFD

Happy Independence Day to all our Americans 🇺🇸I have to say @stitchincarol rural Nebraska sounds fascinating

Hope your having a good Birthday @annabelle48

Know where your coming from @flourbaby we currently have a nest of seagull chicks waking us at a similar time

Have a great Saturday everyone Hope the weathers better for you than what I have – cold grey wet and windy

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD

Well I have eaten some good food today with my parents and seen family and friends after many months of lockdown – so nice. Zero guilt 👍
    Happy 4th of July to all those of you who are celebrating 🥳 🇺🇸
    And happy birthday @annabelle48 🎉
    Hello @fasterjo and @champinator and welcome back 🤗

Have a good day everybody

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 5 country West Australia CD
    Back on the wagon ……. again. Missed the pick up a couple of times.
    Have not been IF as well as I could have with many EFS days in the past 5 weeks leaving me………… well, not lighter or healthier.
    I have just read part of a chapter of a book by Dr Michael Moseley written in Lockdown after extensive research into Covid 19 that says that 1 in 4 people who have died from Covid 19 have had type II diabetes – which was a bit of a wake up call.
    Especially given that millions of people are walking around oblivious to the fact they have high BSLs and insulin resistance and are pre-diabetic or diabetic.
    Enough to make me sit up and take notice!
    So back to 5:2 to make my waist smaller which he says is important along with weight loss.
    Hi to all old and new. Happy Sunday.😊

Day 5 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 4 TDEE

Weigh-in yesterday had me down 0.6 kg on Tuesday, so very happy with that. Long may it continue! 🙂

@flourbaby, loved your quote re the river – yes, persistence is the key. I’ve now lost 17.7 kg, over 19 months (having had a yo-yo up then down again episode in the middle of that) and still have 16.2 kg to go. I wouldn’t have believed some months ago that I would have lost more than half the weight I need to, but there’s still a ways to go, so … persistence!

@lilymartin, I had also seen those statistics about people with type II diabetes, plus I think it was about 40% of those who died have been obese. It was one of the things which really pushed me to continue 5:2 when I started it again in March. And, I was very pleased a few weeks ago to finally get below 71 kg and be officially overweight rather than in the obese range. That’s the problem with being so short!!

@northgeorgia, re clothes sizes, it depends so much on the cut. Various items of clothing that I still wear range over 5 different sizes, though the largest may have about had their day. I’ll do a wardrobe re-check in another few weeks and see what more I can discard. But you have to go by how it fits, and ignore the “official” size.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Have a good S🌞day everyone.

“When one door closes and another door opens, you are probably in prison”. ~ Unknown 🤪

Day 5 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Decided today would be a day off from DIY, going for a walk and get into the garden ….. Its raining ! Grrr, might be a MOAM walk between showers.

@flourbaby – you say of us two chaps … ” @funshipfreddie, you and @i-hate-lettuce seem to have breezed through the process (I said seem, I know just how hard this is!!) and settled into self-regulating which is what those ‘naturally’ slim people do.”
    You may not be far wrong there, well for me anyway, it’s taken almost 12 months but yes, thinking about it “self regulating” has become automatic here. Can’t afford to take the eye off the ball though, but OH and I were only talking about the lack of daytime snacks/cake and evening cheese and biscuits with red wine.
    Almost cut that stuff out and really cut down on alcohol, which seems odd for a guy who dabbles in craft beer, mind you, used to brew in 23 litre batches (40 bottles) a time, decided to brew smaller batches of 12 litres (20 bottles) which is actually more fun, experimenting with different brews is where the fun is!

Take care all

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 5 – UK – NFD

Hello Everyone

The weathers not as wet today but there’s quite a strong wind … unusual for this time of year.

Small loss on scales. My losses aren’t huge for the effort I make (in my opinion) but when I log them in my app they help to keep me motivated. All the little losses add up and over time that’s proving significant.

Have a great Sunday!

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD

Well, the holiday control didn’t go so well. Thank goodness I kept my other meals on Saturday at a bare minimum. Freshly made 3/4 pound hamburger (with avocado in hopes that the good fats would go to battle with what was about to hit my system), fried potatoes (French fries (U.S.), chips (U.K.), other places??), slaw dog (thankfully made of turkey, so some fewer calories there), “oh and the corn on the cob is so sweet, you must try it”, and homemade ice cream …stop stop stop; I need to go for a 30-min. walk right now!

Whew, somehow I made it out of that still within the 257 lb. mini-plateau this morning. Hoping I maintain the 257 lbs. through tomorrow morning, when my next FD is!

@betsylee Definitely! I need to have a little “try-on” session today and maybe sneak in another one tomorrow’s FD during a “work from home” break, too. I put away some swimwear somewhere that I think I need to get back out. I hate that when I find a nice shirt I had put away, hours after wearing it, I’ll discover a hidden food stain from sauce or oil on it (tomatoes are in a relationship with my light-colored clothing, apparently). LOL

Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 5, London, UK, LFD,

So yesterday’s NFD wasn’t as controlled as recent ones, there was wine🍷 and some chocolate and some crisps😟, I think the healthy toast free smoked salmon & scrambled eggs for lunch made me feel like I needed a ‘treat’ before a late dinner😕. I should have planned to wait for dinner & have a ‘treat’ afterwards, which I would have skipped because dinner was filling. Lesson learnt, hunger between meals is ok, I’m used to it after-all!!! I’m determined to get through today’s LFD, it’s proving tricky, but that’s my penance for going a bit carb crazy yesterday!!!

@northgeorgia, it’s so difficult to stay in control when surrounded by the food you LOVE and it truly is a love affair🍗🌰🍜🍷🍸🍤🍧🍰!!! At least we’re getting to know ourselves through this IF process and we CAN say no, not always, but most of the time. I think the 80:20 rule applies here, one less controlled NFD does not mean we throw in the towel, like we would have on a diet!!

As usual for a S🌞nday it’s very quiet here, I’m in great company though!!! ……………………………………..
    Pocket list day 5
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @flourbaby

You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 5 Canada NFD

Had a lovely dinner with wine and pasta last night, really enjoyed it and not feeling at all guilty. No loss yet this month but it is going to happen.

Day 5 …. second post

@flourbaby, you’ve just brightened my day with that comment about the pocket list, thank you, have a big hug!

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Grad party yesterday very nice — host made some delicious pulled pork I ate without the bun. No graduation cake, just delicious huge sugar cookies, iced to perfection. Had to have 2.

Off to church shortly then time around the pool. Will workout tomorrow.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 UK FD

Fasting today to get a head start on the week!

Day 6, FD, Aus

I had a lovely weekend. Canberra turned on one of its beautiful crisp winter days and I caught up with friends.

Foodwise, I also had a lovely weekend! thinking of our US friends we had pulled pork and slaw last night for dinner – super yum. As @jaifaim said “zero guilt”!

But, back on the wagon today.

Day 6 – Japan – WFD #53

Did push-ups today, it is raining a lot so at least is something. I’m pretty sure at this point that there aren’t large negative of effects from stressing muscles 24 hours before eating.

Day 6 FD country West Australia
    yesterday’s CD was not as bad as it could have been – but not as good as it could have been either.
    Had a lovely 2 hour workout in the garden because the weeds are growing like….weeds!
    Reading posts instead of thinking about food this morning.
    It is cold and I would love a piece of hot buttered toast but have settled for 1/2 pear and 2 cups of tea.
    Work today so I always find it easier to have a FD on a work day as I get very busy and no time to cook and eat.
    Hi to all the regulars and newbies.
    @bert1802 how lovely to ‘ see’ you back here.
    Hope everyone has a good Monday no matter how you plan to spend it.☁️☃️ ( not snowing but cold)🦜(The last emoji is just because I like birds!)

Day 6 Melb Aust FD

Oops! Need a FD after the weekend indulgence, chocolate, unfortunately. But it will be fine after a day or two of self-control this week.

@northgeorgia, I tend to have a “wear-a-thon” about every 5 kg down, as that seems a good length of loss for body sizes to change. My next one is at 65 kg, so won’t be for a while. Good luck with the swimwear. Won’t it be great if it’s now too big!
    BTW, we call them chips here in Oz, too, though the really skinny ones available at McDonalds we do call French fries, as that’s what McDs call them.

@songbirdme, lucky you with church. We’re still doing online church here. The restrictions will be eased more when it seems safe to do so.

Pocket list day 6
    @betsylee

Persistence everyone!

Day 6, Emden Germany, FD
    Day 5, NFD

@fasterjo welcome back! I try to plan ahead for my NFDs, it makes it easier for me to manage.

hi @lilymartin!

Pocket list day 6
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

D6 – UK – FD

Thank you for the warm welcome back😊.

@songbirdme it is sadly because I am using MFP that I am realising I am going so badly over my TDEE. I just seem to cave around 4pm and all resitance goes out the window. Whenever I have done fasting before I find I usually had more control between FD’s, which always has been the beauty of this WOE. It (hopefully) may have been hormonal. I am in that lovely inbetween phase heading for menopause, so irregular. Let’s hope that’s it, then hopefully the ‘monster’ will be back in it’s cage till next time.

It is so amasing seeing everyone who was on here before at maintenance or near it. If I had stayed on this I would have been there too. Lesson learned.

Well done to all the Americans for keeping it together on Saturday.

‘Next year I will wish I started today’.
    Jo

Day 6 – Lake district UK – CD

Good morning everyone

Getting through the DIY, wasn’t going to do much this weekend, but the weather rather grim so pressed on. Fingers crossed that by Friday most will be finished ready for flooring to go down next Monday, if that’s the case roll on Tuesday, everything back in place. But, old house, wait and see!

Gone into ‘automatic pilot’ with 5:2 WOL, not completely recording food or exercise at the moment, but Mrs I-H-L keeping me in line and the DIY keeping me busy! I think just avoiding daytime snacks, weekday alcohol and food after evening meal has finally become a (good) habit !

Take care all

Day 6 – UK – FD

Hello Everyone

Weekend went to plan food wise. I didn’t do as much in garden as I had planned due to windy conditions.

Zoom yoga late morning which I’m looking forward to.

I’ve got my meals for the first half of the week planned out on MFP, so that’s half the battle. Last night I really craved some peanut butter. Had a convo in my head about just having one teaspoon, but I knew it wouldn’t be just the one as that one teaspoon would have summoned the Snack Dragon 🐉. Pleased to say I went to bed instead 😀 … the 🐉? He’s sulking in his cave 😬.

Pocket list day 6
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes

Have a great day & a successful week Everyone.

Firgot to add myself to the list.

Pocket list day 6
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning! The usual Monday FD today. I have my lunch packed but I might, just might, leave it in the fridge and try for an LFD today. It’s been so long since I had an LFD. Can I do it?

I used to do 4:3 with one of them an LFD and I lost 30lbs relatively quickly. The lockdown has not been kind weight wise and a stone has gone on since Christmas.

I feel tired a lot these days with all the training and commuting (hopefully this is the last week of commutes) and my head is not in the right place. But I have to lost this weight.

Have a good Monday fellow fasters.

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Yesterday was a bit of a disaster re calories. I started off logging everything, & then lost the plot as the day wore on. So – damage control today. Today’s list is going to be a whopper 💪

@daffodil2010 – good luck with the LFD; of course you can do it! 🥇

Pocket List – Day 6 🍒
    @penz
    @betsylee
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56
    @judyjudes
    @fasterjo
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

DTF List – Day 6 ☕️
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.