July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 723 total)

• Day 2 – UK – FD

Hi Everyone

I seem to be in the right head space at the moment. Yesterday’s CD went well and ate to my calorie allowance. I have seen a small loss this morning which is motivating.

@bert1802 I really enjoyed reading your post. Thank you for sharing.

Pocket list day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes

Take care.

Day 2, Emden Germany, FD

@bellyblast we can do this, it’s not a huge amount of weight. I want to go down to 60 kg/132.3lbs and see, if I can maintain without too much of a struggle. Losing is the easier part for me, maintenance is much harder.

Pocket list day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

2nd post

Pocket list day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56

Day 2 FD UK
    Good morning all.
    Please put me on list today. More to follow later.

Day 2 FD UK
    Good morning all.
    Seemed to have fallen off the wagon yesterday but my friends saw me fall and have pulled me back on again.
    Question. How can you put on a pound overnight? Answer came there none.
    Have solved the mystery of the disappearing challenge notifications, they have all gone to the junk folder. The cheek of it. Couldn’t understand why the machine decided they were junk but this morning I got an email, ‘welcome to your new email service ‘. Not asked for and not wanted. Old one worked very well.
    I will obviously have to investigate further. Honestly if I ain’t broke don’t fix it is my motto. Only causes hassle.
    Lots of bio’s on here this morning and very interesting to read.
    I seem to be in the minority on here using stones, pounds and ounces (it’s an age thing) so think I will have to man up and learn kgs and pounds.
    Here’s wishing everyone a successful month.

Day 2 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

I’m Barry 65 year old retired guy who started this WOL very nearly a year ago, so far gone very well, even through ‘lockdown’.
    This last month only lost one pound, but doing a lot of work around the house so my exercise regime, lots of walking, has stopped for the moment. Don’t think DIY etc works just as well for me, everything out of kilter!

Still love to call in every morning with coffee mug in hand, the group certainly keeps me going. I’m another who uses the myfitnesspal app and fitbit, which I’ve got to the stage where MFP keeps better records (and quicker) than I used to on paper!

@annabelle48 – not on your own with weights and measures, me too! I can visualise someone at 6 ft 2 inches being tall, but 1.85 metres ???

Take care all

Pocket list day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @snowflake56

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I had a nice surprise yesterday, when I discovered my favourite ‘Mugg & Bean’ reopened, after about 100 days! So I had my usual poached eggs & avo on toast. Nothing fancy, but it was so nice to be waited on; just one of those small things we used to take for granted. Still not back to normal; tables spaced out, waitrons wearing masks, a limited menu & still very quiet. But it’s a start..

Here we go – first fast day of July for most of us 💪

Pocket List – Day 2 🍏
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

2nd Post

@annabelle48

I use imperial weights & measures too 😊. In regards to putting on overnight weight. I don’t believe your 1lb will be fat. More like water & waste. Last week I went off piste and had 1 home measure G&T and a small amount of chocolate …. overnight 4lbs gain! 😳. It’s gone now but it took a couple of days.

2nd post.
    @judyjudes. I love you, a kindred spirit. Thanks for Chen’s me up re the 1lb gain.
    The world has become a sunnier place. X

Day 2, UK, FD

I didn’t post yesterday, so here is my quick intro:
    I am 5’4″ 53 years old female, living in UK. I used to be slim most of my life, my weight being around 50kg. Due to health issues and stopping smoking in 2016, I put on over a stone. Did 5:2 for few months and lost some, but stopped for still unknown to me reasons 😕. I am heavier now than I ever was which makes me uncomfortable, so I am determined to shed some weight this month. I decided not to weigh myself for now, because I find myself getting all worked up about gaining or losing 100g! Instead, I will use my clothes to monitor my progress 🙂
    July WILL be a good month! 😁

Pocket List – Day 2 🍏
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything

Lets do this together 🙂

D2-UK -FD

3rd post.
    Oops should read cheers me up.

Day 2 Melb Aust TDEE

Very happy this morning as my 3 “mild” B2B2B FDs finally showed as a 500 gm loss on the scales.

@annabelle48, @i hate lettuce & @judyjudes, I still think in imperial measurements, too, but use cms and kgs to report as most folk here in Australia (everyone significantly younger) use them. I grew up with stones and pounds, and still have to consciously convert to kgs if communicating to others.

Okay, let’s start as we mean to go on – downwards, everyone!

Day 2 – UK – FD
    Day 1 – NFD

Apologies for not posting yesterday but time just got away from me……

Good start to my day – Usual Thursday routine with a 7am Broga Class followed by a 9am Aerobic Class – now showered and logging in here before I head out for some volunteering around 1130

For those new to these challenges a little bit about myself:-
    I am a 62y.o. female living with my OH, we have a married daughter who has 4 fur babies – 3 cats and an adorable beagle called Archie.
    Height = 163cm/5ft 4in
    I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 as I was fed up with being overweight and wanted to get fitter!
    I decided to join the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months but managed to reach maintenance in early December 2016 with the help of these challenges and have remained in maintenance range of 54-56kg/119-123.5lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then!
    Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs
    I retired in December 2013 and moved to the Lake District – best decision we ever made – OH and I love our new life here!
    In my retirement discovered a love for exercise, currently doing yoga x 3 🙏 which I discovered over 5 years ago and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga x 2, pilates x 1, aerobics x 1 and hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ and in my spare time do some volunteering in my local community

Welcome on board to those new or returning to this WOL – IT WORKS and best of all you don’t feel deprived – these challenges are friendly and lots of advice and support given

@suki2 – congratulations for moving into maintenance!
    @veggiegrl – that’s a lot of salt and in coffee too!!! just out of interest do you now eat fruit and vegetables? or are you still on the no veggies-just meat/eggs/some dairy?

Joining today’s pocket list for motivation

Pocket List – Day 2 🍏
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. and when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 2, London, UK, NFD,

Yesterday’s LFD was a good one, on average I find liquid fasting is no more difficult than 500 calories, in fact it may be easier since I don’t even have one single solitary thought of food – unless I think about what I’ll breakfast on the following day; as someone who’s been fasting for a while, I’m used to the ebb & flow of those pesky hunger pangs 🐉. I KNOW how to white knuckle that particular ride, the thing I struggled with the most was putting the brakes on once I started eating, now I don’t have that problem and breaking my fast on NFDs as late as possible means I’m not too strict and small portions of ALL the things I love (bread, bread, wine, cheese & bread!!!) keep me satisfied but no gorging or bingeing!! Thanks for all the congratulations on the ‘almost’ 10lb loss😎, I wish the same is visited upon each and every one of you this month!!!!🙏🙏

@veggiegrl, your handle completely threw me when I read about your no veggie/ meat only lifestyle!!! 🍗 🍗 🍗

@bert1802, glad to see another chuckle worthy ending for this month!!! 😂😆

@funshipfreddie, I totally get it!!! I just want someone to cook for me & then clean up after me!!! I would kill for a Thai meal at my favourite restaurant, they’re doing take-aways which I’ve indulged in (just to support them of course!! 😂) but it’s NOT the same!!! 😟

I’m waiting for @daffodil2010 to post, how did yesterday’s FD go? Back on track I hope 💪!!! Thinking of you & sending some mojo your way!!! 🤗🙏

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

3rd Post

You’re welcome @annabelle48

@flourbaby You did great with your loss last month, really impressive. I’ve never lost that much in a month. My body doesn’t give itself up easily 😬 I think the best I’ve ever done is 6lbs in one month. That was at the start of my journey. Wishing you another great month.

@betsylee Welcome to the Imperial Club 😊

Day 2 – USA/GA – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday. Worked on a work project most of the day and didn’t get ready to eat until around 2 p.m. or so. I’m on the FD500 and my parents are doing the FD800; with me living next door and working mostly from home, I’ve adopted their M/W schedule for fasting for now. Lately, I’ve been reaping the benefits as in the evenings there is often a cut 3 oz. piece of grilled chicken or pork tenderloin just begging me to make a nice final meal (usually shredded into a salad…mmm). No! They’re spoiling me! haha

Nice weigh-in surprise this morning at 255 1/2 lbs. A new record! I last weighed 255 lbs. on June 23, 2018. Today I am convinced that I left the 260s back in June, so here’s a big kiss goodbye to you, 260s!

Best wishes to all on the pocket list today!

Pocket List – Day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at

Day 2 OMAD London UK

I thought things had got a bit quiet. I forgot to log onto the July Challenge. OMAD is still working well, and I can have a drink tomorrow. In Battersea Park with my mates. Yippee!!!
    Speaking of which

DTF pocket list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie?

Happy Thursday all.

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Fairly good OMAD yesterday. Today will be a little more eating.

@suki2 – Welcome to the “Maintenance Shack!” Hmm… what to give you as a welcoming gift? Just lots of pats on the back and “well done” I suppose.

Onward and downward.

Day 2, Boston, USA, FD, Run 3-4 miles

Day 1 recap
    – did not fast, and in fact had *checks notes* an EFS because we were celebrating my daughter getting her black belt 🙂
    – did not run, which was a lost opportunity because today is going to be HOT.

Ah well. Guess today will be a retake of yesterday. My computer is dead and I dislike typing on the phone so I’ll keep this short. Hope someone can add me to the pocket list!

Day 2, NFD, U.S.-MI

Good morning everyone!

I forgot to include a bit about myself with my post yesterday, and since I’m new to the group here’s a very long story, condensed lol.

Back in 2012 I hit my highest weight and found out I was a pre-diabetic. Type 2 runs in my family and that was the wake up call I needed. I had never tried losing weight before and had absolutely no idea what I was doing. Somehow I ended up on a low carb forum that had a sub-forum for JUDDD, (Dr. Johnson’s Up Day, Down Day diet ie ADF). The small group of ‘Judders’ were so positive about what they were doing, that I jumped in with both feet 🙂 Fast forward a few months and I lost around 50lbs and normalized my glucose numbers.

Since then I’ve maintained pretty well, experimenting with different IF protocols, different ways of eating and mixing in the occasional exercise. Last year I became interested in Keto, which led me to Dr. Ken Berry, which then led me to Dr. Shawn Baker and from that-the wacky world of ‘carnivore’ eating, or an animal based diet. Tried it, loved it, and did it for about a year. In that time I had a very thorough blood panel/tests run, (was applying for a life insurance policy), and my numbers came back so good that I was rated ‘ultra preferred plus’ by the insurance company 🙂

I was enjoying my woe, I was effortlessly maintaining a BMI of around a 20, and I was in the best health of my life, (eating 90% animal products). And then Covid19 hit. And at the beginning of all of that I made a conscious decision to take a break from my woe. Grocery shopping was very sporadic, my husband was home all the time, we had no income coming in and it was just too much to still try and balance everything. Within 3ish months I’ve gained around 15lbs. It’s time to get back at it and get back to a lower carb woe and then mix in IF to get rid of the weight creep.

I’m 41 yrs old, mom of 3 teenagers, 10 pets and I’m an avid reader who loves listening to audio books on my daily walks 🙂

Yesterday I had another solid FD and woke up this morning clear headed and feeling really good. Today’s a NFD and then I’m going to do one more FD tomorrow, before we go into the long holiday weekend.

This morning’s weigh-in: 142.8lbs (goal: 130lbs)

Day 2 – 2nd Post

@northgeorgia – great job on the new record! 🏋

@flourbaby – well done on another successful LFD! Love the quote, “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” ~ Chuck Palahniuk. I’ll have to remember that when I eventually try a LFD. You make it sound easy though?!

@emma-taylor – thanks for starting the DTF list. I must confess – I had a sneaky vodka last night; but only one! Not today though, not on a FD.

Pocket List – Day 2 🍏
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at
    @hedwig6

DTF Pocket List ☕️
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie

Day 2 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Achieved yesterday’s goals of 10K steps and no more than 1400 calories. Although, I don’t actually know how many calories it was: I did OMAD, and DH and I bought two gyros to go, then took them to a brew pub where you can bring in your own food. So, one gyro, my own beer, half of DH’s second beer, then for dessert a piece of bread with jam when we got home. Figuring generously, that’s 450 plus the gyro. But how much was the gyro???? Information online said 380 to 740, so whatever it was, I was under 1400.

And this morning, I’m up a full pound. See, @annabelle48 and @judyjudes, many of us are in this perplexing position, LOL! Oh well, today’s FD should remedy that.

@flourbaby, your quote really hit home for me: “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

@northgeorgia, such a sweet surprise; congratulations!!
    @EmmaTaylor, you made me chuckle to think things had gotten quiet. I was startled when I got here on the 1st to discover people had already been posting in June, so I think you and I are simply different sides of the same coin. 🙂

Pocket List – Day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at
    @hedwig6
    @stitchincarol

DTF pocket list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie?

“You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.” Wishing you all bucketloads of determination today!

Day 2 Oxon, UK FD
    FD today. Walked the dog, had my run, just Yoga left today which I’ll do around 6pm when I get the munchies before dinner.
    Thanks to @penz, @at and @songbirdme.
    My aim this month is to maintain by having 2 FD800, 3 CD1000, 2 stick to TDEE, per week. I’ll see how that goes and fine tune as needed. Its one thing to lose but quite another to maintain. Its taken me 11 months to get to this point.
    ‘It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.’ Confucius
    Pocket List – Day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at
    @hedwig6
    @stitchincarol
    @suki2

DTF pocket list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie?
    @suki2

Day 2 UK NFD

Hello everyone! Late joining here, but anyway! So, I don’t think I’ll be doing any FDs this month. Which is perhaps slightly counter-intuitive given the site I’m on, but the encouragement and accountability is what I need to stay on track, I think.

Over the past few months I’ve dropped about 9 pounds, and while I’d like to see a few more come off, I’m very happy with my progress, and ready to take a break from actively losing for a little bit.

So, my aim is to eat around my TDEE every day, but listening to my body. I’m pretty active working out most days so will be carrying on with that. My aim is to maintain or lose a tiny amount.

x

Day 2 Canada FD

First of nine FD’s for me and I am raring to go:)

@snowflake56 we have definitely got this and I am sure we will be seeing 60kg by the end of the challenge. @mia139 we 3 are all around the same weight and hoping to end up in the same place at the end of the challenge, you are of course welcome to join the partnership

@songbirdme I am sure you are missing your choir, how is your OH doing these days?

@brigtonbellee your walk must have been wonderful

@northgeorgia those sort of goodbyes are the best

Pocket List – Day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at
    @hedwig6
    @stitchincarol
    @suki2
    @bellyblast

DTF pocket list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie?
    @suki2

Day 2 UK FD
    Good Morning/Afternoon Evening depending on where you are in the 🌎 As usual for a Thursday bumper pocket list

@endellion – no problem , we have quite a few maintainers , we have room for everyone
    Pocket List – Day 2
    @penz
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes
    @snowflake56
    @annabelle48
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything
    @fasterjo
    @at
    @hedwig6
    @stitchincarol
    @suki2
    @bellyblast
    @brightonbelle

DTF pocket list
    @emma-taylor
    @penz?
    @funshipfreddie?
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

I’m liking @flourbaby s quote – “It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Be kind to yourselves See you tomorrow x

@bellyblast — Thanks for asking! OH (73 yr old) is getting stronger day by day. His sepsis in January was awful, but it seems the double pneumonia in the end of May has taken longer to fully recover. He’s spent the last couple days more like normal, doing some deferred maintenance on the back yard bricks and pavers with the pressure washer water sprayer. Still lots of concrete to clean!

Day 2 Canton OH WFD

I am a day late to committing to the challenge this month, but I am in.

I had a very rough June! OH and I separated after an inconsequential argument escalated out of control. It was terrible, and I really tried not to descend into despair but some days were just so difficult that I just gave up the fight. Refined carbs and alcohol became the mainstay of my diet, which led to me feeling terrible, which led to more carbs. Ring around the rosy stuff.

I am re-emerging because I cannot allow this to be my story, and July will better- so help me God. Relationships are important of course, but regardless of what happens in my relationships, I have to love myself enough to fight for my health and wellness.

I have packed on quite a few unwanted pounds and I need to unload them. Good thing I have my good friends on this forum to hold me accountable.

I plan to navigate this one day at a time, with the refrain “Not today!” when I am tempted to indulge my baser instincts. 36 hour water or liquid fasts sandwiched between controlled days, aim for 10,000 to 15,000 steps a day and daily commitment to a beachbody program I have fallen in love with “morning 100”

Congratulations to everyone who is crushing their goals, and maintaining as needed.

Together we are stronger ❤

Day 2 Second Post

Oh, @basyjames, I’m so sorry to hear about your horrible June, and especially your separation. My first instinct is to turn to prayer, and with your permission, I’ll keep you and your DH in prayer that you can come through this together and stronger.

Together we ARE stronger.

Day 2 UK FD

Safely navigated another FD! I’m always very motivated at the start of the month but need to manage weekends better as tend to go off the rails a bit. My big downfall….. crisps and wine! So being aware of this I’m approaching this weekend determined not to be derailed! Report of success to be reported on Monday!!

Rather late post as working today and very busy evening catching up on the phone with friends not seen since February lockdown. Hopefully will be able to meet up soon.

2nd post

Hi@Bellyblast! Thanks for the invitation to the ” 60 kg ” challenge! Happy to join you and @snowflake56 chasing down the last few kilos to target.

@basyjames, sorry to hear of your bad time recently.. thinking of you and sending virtual hugs.

Day 3, NFD, Aus

Glad you’re finding the LFDs easy, @flourbaby. Mine yesterday was good. PFDS for me today!

I’ve got a semi-work dinner out tonight, at a Thai restaurant. I’m not really looking fwd to it. It made me realise this will be the first time I’ve been out to a restaurant in MONTHS!! We’ve only done takeaway once since COVID really started to bite here. I think part of my reluctance is Friday nights are our homemade pizza and red wine night and I’m feeling a bit resentful of the interruption to my routine.

@veggiegirl – 10 pets??!! An aquarium full of fish or a more diverse menagerie?

Re the Palahniuk quote. I always mentally think “and hard is only temporary”.

Hello @basyjames. So sorry to hear of the breakdown of your relationship but I am in awe of your mental pick-me-up. You go!

@mia139, I also love crisps (chips in my lingo) and wine. I’m lucky that my OH does the grocery shopping and when he asked if there was anything I wanted added to the list I bit down on my read answer “salt and vinegar chips!” So no temptation in the house for me this weekend.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 2……Florida…….EFS

I don’t know what in hell got into me today, but I was starving all day….. so much that every my water and gum did nothing to help! Then at lunch, I went and bought some naughty, naughty and I ate it all……then I got some even more naughtiness for dinner with a glass of wine. What the hell is wrong with me…… because now all I want to do is go to sleep! It’s not even dark yet!

I have the next three days off and I know, it is not going to get any better!

But, I have made a decision…… hopefully, it will help!

So tell me what ya’ll think……..

We own a hunting camp near where we are from, we normally stay there a couple times a year but when we went up in May, we discovered a nice leak in the roof. I say nice but it was not nice at all….. Anywho long story short, we could not stay, the mold I’d horrific. Now, we were there in Nov., hubby stayed for almost a month, I was only there 2 weeks, no leak…… hubby closed it up a week before Christmas….. so between Christmas and the first week in May…… the roof leaked….. we believe that it happened when the snow melted. Since then the house has stayed open to dry and air out, the roof fixed. So, the hubby, is headed up there to clean up and fix the house up…… He’s thinking 6-8 weeks…… anyways tons to do…..

Wow…… get to the point would ya?!?

So, since the kids do their own thing and he’ll be gone…..I’ll be on my own food wise! I was thinking, of starting a 30 min. walk before work while it’s still semi cool out and trying to cut carbs going more keto in my diet.

What do you think? Any easy keto meals out there, I must try?

So that’s where I am…….

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part in my doo-dah day!

Day 3 OMAD London UK

@basyjames – that is shocking news. I’m sorry to hear about your breakup. It must be very traumatic, but it may be for the best. You only really know that some time later, I think. Lots of people here missed you. It’s good you are back. Best wishes and keep strong. H

Day 3 – Japan – WFD #52 in 2020

Posting late, already 1/2 through the fast.

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

@mia139 now there are 3 of us going for the same goal this month. I’m sure @bellyblast, you and I will do well!

@basyjames I’m so sorry to hear about your separation. It’s a terrible thing to go through. How are your children coping with the situation? I hope everything will calm down soon and things will get a bit easier for all of you. Take care.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3 – UK – NFD

Happy Friday All 🙂

FD went to plan and I’ve seen a small loss on the scales. I just need to keep consistent & diligent to make progress.

@basyjames so sorry to read about your separation, although you have a great health plan lined up! Sending a loving (((hug))) 🤗

Have a great weekend Everyone.

Day3, Aus, FD
    Just a quick hello, I’m quietly reading the posts as often as I can and thank you all for all the positive vibes.
    @basyjames – sounds sad and awful, but it also sounds like you have a core that will help you hold on to your physical and mental health. Best wishes for this month, we all need strength for all sorts of reasons!

Day 3 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone,

Well as usual Friday ‘weigh day’ no change, same as last week.
    Seems I’m a bit odd, no change there then, just recently my weight loss has slowed down. Reading what some others say, they have no problem losing weight, but seem to struggle to maintain or put weight back on. I’ve found the slope of ‘my tracker graph’ goes downwards, then a plateau for a couple of weeks then another pound goes, plateau etc.
    The only time I put weight on since I’ve started this WOL is holidays! I must be one of the few people during lockdown that has lost weight!
    Very busy doing some heavy lifting and shifting in the house yesterday, rather weary by the end of the day, had a couple of beers and a huge veggie curry, went to the scales this morning and pleasantly surprised no gain.

However, still a success, sticking to the basics, my Basic Metabolic Rate is 1825, but have a self imposed daily maximum of 1600 calories, except FD’s and Fridays (even Fridays aren’t too bad nowadays) and despite a couple of beers last night, generally cut down on alcohol. Still a way to go, but slowly does it, playing the long game. Can’t wait to get the kitchen and utility project finished, back to gardening and MOAM walks, but that’s going to be 2 or 3 weeks off!

Take care all

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Didn’t have time to post yesterday, sorry you were waiting for me @flourbaby, but thanks for thinking of me. FD went well on Wednesday, lost 3lbs so weekend shock weight gone.

I am finding it hard to get into my FD routine as my routine is all over the place with new jobs training, commuting, and I am finding tough times to get back to the swing. It’s very tiring with all the new things I have to learn, plus a 3 hour commute. Hopeful not for much longer.

Well done @flourbaby for the monumental June loss 👍
    So sorry @basyjames for your news…hugs.

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

After 2 years of maintaining well and holding steady at a few pounds below goal weight, I am now struggling. I know I have been making excuses to eat and drink more of the wrong stuff on NFDs….it started just before Christmas when my mum died and since then the Covid anxiety has taken hold and the trend has been upwards by a pound a month despite 2 FDs every week. 5:2 and this forum helped me to drop 30 pounds and I desperately don’t want to gain them again. This morning I weigh 134.2 pounds which I think is about 2 pounds over 60kg (sorry to be confusing mixing metric and imperial) so that should be achievable this month. So @snowflake56 @bellyblast and @mia139 I am signing up for the 60kg challenge.

@basyjames so sorry to hear what a rough time you’re going through. You are so wise to be giving priority to your health right now. Take care 🤗

Day 3 – Ireland – CD

Well I was thrown a few fun curveballs yesterday but managed to come in around 800 /900 so will call it a FD…
    There is a real air of positivity on the forum at the moment so great to be here and to be a part of that… yes we can do this 💪💪
    Looking after mum and dad this weekend… so that will be nice ♥️.
    Also having my hair cut and coloured today… whippity doo dah!!!!! 😊😊😊

@basyjames I am so sorry to read your sad news about your separation and am keeping you in my thoughts – it’s such a difficult thing to work though so allow yourself the time and space you need to get through this 💕. We are all here for you!

Have a good day everybody

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 3 UK FD

Didn’t post yesterday as the time just got away from me. I ate right up to TDEE, mainly due to a sharing a Starbucks toasted sandwich and almond croissant with my DH, first time since lockdown. We sat in the park to eat it and it was scrummy.

I’m working today so will miss lunch and am having a tuna nicoise-y tea later – it’s basically tuna salad but fancied up on the plate. I’m determined on no alcohol later as friends are coming round tomorrow for a bbq so much food and wine will be drunk.

I’m also an imperial measures girl, the only thing that sticks re the metric system is 100gms equals a quarter pound. A few years ago a friend of mine put her scales on kilograms. She said it was because she didn’t want to depress herself with how heavy she was and as long as the numbers went down she was happy.
    @ missy bear – welcome back, this forum is like a safe haven for a lot of us.
    @basyjames – so sorry to hear about your break-up. Take time to treat yourself with love and care.

Stay safe everyone.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

nice, easy FD done and dusted. Glad it’s over though.

@basyjames – sending virtual hugs your way 🤗

@missybear – welcome back!

@bert1802 – sounds like a plan?! I tried a keto diet a few years ago. Lasted a couple of months, but for me it wasn’t sustainable. There’s so much conflicting info about these very low-carb diets. But you will definitely lose weight if you stick to it. I was still working on the ships when I followed keto though, so I didn’t need to worry about recipes. I just had to go up to the Lido deck. Maybe have a look online? And drink LOADS of water!

Pocket List – Day 3 🍓
    @dykask WFD
    @zzzzz45
    @saffy420

Day 3 CD UK
    Good morning all
    What a lot of posts to read through this morning.
    Yesterday was not a success, lost my grip. Started well but finished badly. No particular reason except maybe anxious re blood results. All ok and everything fine but where does that leave me now. Dr thinks it may be diverticulitis? Clutching at straws? Anyhow not life threatening and it’s starting to get better.
    Have decided must up the vegetables and have ordered Hairy Bikers book on veggies. Wish the library would open.
    It’s great to read so many up beat posts, they are a great help.
    @basyjames so sorry to hear of your break up. Things must be very hard for you and although you sound very positive I suspect there will be quite a few down days for you. Keep in touch here, we are all routing for you.
    Hope you all have a good weekend. I don’t fast at the weekend but I will try to limit what I eat.
    My birthday tomorrow, frightened to say how old I will be (83),but no celebration this year due to Covid, that will come later in the year. Actually before this lockdown I was quite active at my local leisure centre, now closed and in financial difficulties.

Change the things you can, accept what you can’t change and the wisdom to know the difference.

D3 – UK – NFD

Day 3 Brazil NFD

Hey guys, I’m back.

Yesterday I finished my 6th FD and now I’m finding it extremely easy. I even feel good in my FDs. So far I’ve lost 2.3kg/5lbs. And best of all, I haven’t bingeed since I started.

Day 3 Melb Aust FD

Have managed the day okay, and I expect weigh-in tomorrow to show a loss since Tuesday, hoping for at least 500 gms.

@basyjames, echoing others, so sorry to hear of your separation from OH and like @stitchincarol, will be remembering you and hoping that some resolution will be possible.

@northgeorgia, yay for farewell to the 260s. I have farewelled the 70s (kilos, that is, so under 154 lb), haven’t hovered at this weight since 2009, and haven’t been below this weight since the 1990s.
    How are your parents coping with 5:2? Any movement down on the scales for them yet? And is your father eating relatively sensibly? I know you were concerned about him going a bit overboard on it.

@champinator, great progress!

@daffodil2010, good to see your post. That 3 hours of daily commuting is terrible. Will you be able to WFH once the training is finished?

Pocket List – Day 3 🍓
    @dykask WFD
    @zzzzz45
    @saffy420
    @betsylee

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD

Up 1 1/2 lbs. today, which can be typical of me right now after the first NFD. I think most of it is water gain; here’s hoping a maintenance of that weight throughout the holiday weekend.

I went out to the storage bins and dug out some of the shirts and trousers I had just put out there a few months ago. More of my trousers were slipping down my hips without a very tight belt, so I figured it was time to start looking at the next size down! It was a mixed result. I think with outsourcing of textiles, the sizes aren’t standard anymore. Some “old weight” sizes were still OK while some were too big. Some “binned” sizes fit, some a bit snug and others not, while yet others are still a wee bit small. I put the wee bit small ones in a drawer. Another month or two… So, now I have a project — to go through my closet this weekend and figure out what’s hanging up that I’ve been ignoring because it is too small and recheck it. The too big stuff I’ll put into a bag and label the size on the outside. Then I’m sure there’s just the plain ugly stuff I need to throw out because it’s tattered, or the better quality ugly can be donated (maybe with the big sized bag) eventually. I really didn’t think I’d be doing this already in July!!!

@betsylee They don’t want to weigh themselves that often; maybe twice a month or so. They are coping OK and thought they were doing FD800, but my father is now trying to do FD600 (how did he find out, yikes?) Our concern is his diabetes and insulin levels, so my mom is trying to sneak in foods such as fruit cups, etc., to prevent disaster. He won’t consult a doctor first; he’s rather stubborn. Thankfully, nothing horrible has happened yet.

@champinator Way to go!

@basyjames I’m sorry to hear about your situation. Be confident, love yourself, and know that better days are on their way.

@penz Hope you had a nice Thai dinner. That sounds delicious right now…

Pocket List – Day 3
    @dykask WFD
    @zzzzz45
    @saffy420
    @betsylee

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.