July 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 717 replies, has 44 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 723 total)

• Day 8 Oxon, UK CD
    @basyjames – so glad you are both trying to find a way forward together. Wishing you all the best.
    @daffodil2010 – I feel your stress. Hopefully not much longer with the commute.

DTF List – Day 8 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 8 UK NFD

Like so many others off for my first hair appointment in months later today Can’t wait !

Sorry I missed yesterday but that’s the beauty of this group we can post when we want and what we want @penz @lilymartin @flourbaby and many others please never even think about reducing the length of your posts I, and I think everyone else love reading them 💕But if anyone doesn’t fancy posting there’s no pressure- jump in whenever you like .

@stitchincarol – Perhaps I should have said intrigued rather than fascinated I don’t actually know anything about Nebraska – and to be honest most of my knowledge about the states comes from watching TV – I think I’ll just remain in blissful ignorance 🥰

@daffodil2010 🤞for the commute improving

So we are a 1/4 way through July If things are working for you -keep up the good work If not maybe try something a bit different in order to meet your goal
    Happy hump day all🐫( particularly @funshipfreddie)

Day 8 UK NFD

Like so many of you I have my first hair appointment in months today Can’t wait !!

Sorry I missed yesterday but that’s the beauty of this group we can post what and when we like – so @lilymartin @penz @flourbaby and many others please never even think about reducing the size of posts We love them 💕
    @daffodil2010🤞the commute improves
    @stitchincarol Perhaps I should have said intrigues- I don’t actually know anything about Nebraska I just think it sounds fab maybe I’ll stay in blissful ingnorance 🥰

We are 1/4 through July If things are going well Great keep it up If not you still have plenty of time to maybe try and shake things up to meet your goals ?

Happy 🐫day all – especially @funshipfreddie

Day 8, London, UK, NFD

Lovely to have had my hair done yesterday, I’ve been plaiting it and pinning it up, think ‘Alpine milkmaid’, to avoid blow-drying & straightening to control the curls. A closed salon has actually forced me to master self-care , low manipulation + No heat = healthier hair!!!

@basyjames………………………….🤗 & 💪 & 💕 & 🙏

@lilymartin, love the inspirational post!!! I too watched as the scales crept up, eating (wine!) too much of everything & STILL said I was doing 5:2 or even 4:3 ……………………………. EFS NFDs mean you are NOT doing this WOL justice!!! You need to highlight your post for today, to inspire & motivate you when that %*”@~ mojo decides to desert you for a while!!!!

@snowflake56, “I am the destroyer”………………. I like that, I’m picturing you wielding a sledge hammer!!!!💪

@judyjudes & @funshipfreddie ………………………….. I’m off to zoom Pilates soon, so I’ll have to Google it later, but I wonder if there’s a World Cucumber day!!!

I agree @brightonbelle, I’ve always been intrigued by Wyoming, Montana & Nebraska, the names just conjure images of wide open spaces, fields & herds of cattle ……………………….. I’m probably way off base, but I love the imagery and blissful ignorance is fine!!! Many, many moons ago I met a teenaged girl whilst on holiday in Morocco who thought Britain was filled with dour men wearing bowler hats & carrying brolly’s ……………… I did NOT burst her bubble, she thought it positively exotic!!!!

I’m off to get my stretch on!!! Stay strong people!!!

“The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

Day 8 OMAD London UK

Thanks for the encouragement @flourbaby. You are right. I finally found the version of fasting which suits me. Last year was disastrous in terms of staying on top of my weight ( so to speak). I was away such a lot and fasting was too hard to fit round my holidays. But OMAD is so easy. You have nothing before 5 pm so that’s straightforward, and because you don’t eat anything you don’t get hungry. That dragon stays in his cave. Then you eat anything you fancy in the five hour window, which is dead easy. I never feel hungry at 5, so I hang on till I do, then DH and I eat together. I now automatically eat very slowly and feel full really quickly. Very weird for me, but I love how simple it is. And I never would have managed it without the isolation of lockdown. I’m sure I can do it when we go away ( IF we ever go away again…) I had a good run while it lasted. Glad your LFDs are going well. Of course one size doesn’t fit all – we are all so different.

Whoops. Please can someone add me to the DTF list? Thanks.

2nd Post – Day 8

DTF List – Day 8 ☕
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor

Day 8 – USA/GA – FD

Weighed in at the same weight, 257 lbs. Today’s a FD, so looking at past data, I may be approaching the end of this long pause. Come on, mid 2-50s!

@penz Tone your curves — very catchy! You’re right; my plateaus are more like tiny steps. I think they terrify me as they lengthen or blip upward a pound or so, probably in fear that things will start reversing and climbing at a rapid pace. Logically, I realize it’s just a pause (and even a true one or two month plateau is not a major concern), but I just have to convince myself emotionally that it’s OK when it happens. As @stitchincarol says, we just have to stay on the wagon! @songbirdme Yes, you’re right. Thanks for the encouragement!

@lilymartin I’m glad you’re back with us and we can encourage each other when things seem bleak! @mia139 Congratulations!!

FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia

DTF List – Day 8
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor

Day 8 Melb Aust FD800
    Day 7 NFD

Day 6 FD went really well, yesterday morphed into a NFD instead of my aimed for TDEE, but still okay, and today has been a good FD800. I’m finding that if I schedule 3 FDs in the week (as I’m trying to do), one usually becomes a FD800 – which is still significantly lower than a TDEE, so fine

@penz, stay on the wagon with us, we need your encouragement!

@daffodil2010, hope the long commutes finish this week for you.

@veggiegirl, sympathy re the family loss, and best wishes for good resolution of who can attend the funeral.

@northgeorgia, sometimes a plateau is just the body re-adjusting, and you may find that even with no weight lost on the scales, your clothes fit better. Hope that’s true for you.

@i hate lettuce – renovation dust! Commiserate. Unlike @snowflake56, also my least favourite part of renovations (triggers asthma).

@lilymartin, yes, Covid-19 has flared again here in Victoria, but with another 6 weeks of hard lockdown (starting tonight), it will come under control.

FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee

DTF List – Day 8
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 8 USA (Illinois) NFD

Silver Sneakers and piano lessons this morning. Keeping at maintenance despite some good eating yesterday – hubby’s grilled cheeseburger was delish. Just have to save calories elsewhere in my day seems to work.

Isn’t it funny how our ideas of “faraway” places is shaped? @brightonbelle & @flourbaby – you’re right that Montana is indeed a “Big Sky” place. I know some people say the “best thing to come out of Iowa” is I-80 (our cross-country interstate highway). After Iowa, it goes on to Nebraska as it follows the lovely Platte River. People ought to read James Michener’s book “Centennial” to learn more about the settling of the US state of Colorado.

Onward and downward.

3rd Post – Day 8

@flourbaby – I just had to check; and yes, ‘World Cucumber Day’ is a real thing?! 🥒 🤦

https://www.manilatimes.net/2020/06/25/lifestyle-entertainment/life-times/flavors/celebrating-world-cucumber-day/734787/

Day 8 FD UK

Good afternoon all

Late today as I got up and then went to Book Club, the first since February. Lots of catching up and not much book discussion as we had all forgotten about last book read.
    Have mastered the copy bit but don’t know how or where to paste it so will some kind person add me to the pocket list please until I can work out how to do the wretched thing.
    Off to thee library soon but collection only, no browsing.
    @ JudyJudes we must keep each other at it this month.
    @north Georgia well done on magnificent loss over 2 months.
    @ Basyjames good to hear your news.
    @ Flourbaby hope you enjoyed hair do, I did.
    @ Lilymartin you gave me a big laugh re decorating your plateau.

Weight good as did not put any on yesterday so hope for a little loss today.
    Strange thing. I felt like a chocolate biscuit yesterday evening and ate one, thought oh I enjoyed that I’ll have another which I did but after eating it felt quite sick. Maybe my taste is changing.

Glass half full still.

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD1400

Yesterday went fine, although the mental calculations of calories as I was planning dinner ended up way off the mark of how dinner turned out. But, since I ate what I planned, and didn’t cheat, I’m okay with it. I did two Leslie Sansone videos to hit my 10K, then got an extra 2K just through normal activity; my goal is to spread the steps missing from Monday onto the rest of the week so I still hit my 60K for the week.

@flourbaby Okay, have pity on me: as a general rule, I have to have jokes explained to me…yes, I’m THAT woman in the room. So “and Delilah” is…a joke? real? But it’s 4 syllables, and Sansone is either two or three syllables. I’m so confused. Smiling. But confused. And still unclear on how to pronounce Sansone.
    @brightonbelle, I actually adore Nebraska. The two coasts, east and west, with their major metropolitan areas, consider it back-country hick, but the people here tend to be salt of the earth, kind, and fun. And in many ways it’s far more open-minded than my native California, while not going nuts. (Sorry, I was trying not to be political, but couldn’t quite make it.) Anyway, I love “fascinating” as a descriptor! 🙂 And, @flourbaby, your mental image is spot-on, although the three states you mention actually have distinct landscape differences. 🙂
    @lilymartin, I laughed out loud at decorating your plateau and making yourself comfortable. It also rang true, as I was feeling that way when I was 160-165 and not finding any mojo to change it: I kept telling myself that even though I have to be 145 just to be at the top end of my weight range, I still looked mighty good for a 60yo woman. Well, okay, perhaps I did. But at 154, I look far better, and when I finally get to 132, I’ll look really, really, REALLY good. The way we deceive ourselves is very inventive and determined, isn’t it? And most of all, I FEEL better when I do a true fast twice a week. That’s the best result of all when doing 5:2.

Okay, off I go to my day, working on building my determination so that I come through at the end of the day with the same good feelings as I’m starting the day!

FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee
    @annabelle 48

Second post.
    Not sure how I managed to add my name to the list today and don’t know if I will manage to do it again but will try.
    Quite chuffed that I did it though.
    Collected my book, How not to Die Cookbook, might be interesting but does not give calorie count which is a bind.

Day 8 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Busy day, just popping by to add me to the DTF list to stay accountable.

DTF List – Day 8
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @emma-taylor
    @missybear

Onwards 🙂

D8 – UK – FD
    Halfway through my workday and realised I need to post. Today is going to be a 800fd, hopefully. Hungry minster is here with me today.

Next year I will wish I had started today
    Jo

Day 8 UK, FD

Just waved my OH off to get his hair cut. He shaved off the lockdown beard while I was in work this morning. I have to wait to next week to get mine done. I’m doing a B2B today as I was in work until 2pm so easy to get to half five before I eat.

I’ve done another Leslie Sansone walk today, I’m determined to keep doing one daily to add to any other steps I do (not many today due to the rain).

We’ve been invited to some friends on Saturday, the good news is I will be driving so no alcohol. I might get from Sunday to Sunday without drinking. That’s got to help.

@funshipfreddie – world cucumber day, I won’t be celebrating – that stuff is horrid. Peanuts – now a day to celebrate them would be more to my liking.

@daffodil2010, hope the commute was ok today.

FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420

Stay safe everyone.

Day 8 North Canton OH LFD

Late post. I have a hair appointment today – the first one in 5 months. Like @flourbaby I was fixing my own hair for a while. It looked decent, but I am glad a professional will be handling it today. I return to the office after my week off next week and it will be great to get back into a routine.

@songbirdme this may interest you, I auditioned for our church praise band and was accepted. I social distanced practiced with them yesterday for the first time and it was so much fun, it is just really nice to engage with others in a wholesome way. Singing does heal the soul.

22 years is a long time and sometimes we can’t see the forest for the trees, I am glad we are talking and trying to see if there is a path forward for us; and while we have not signed up for marriage counseling, we are reading a relationship counseling book together and having some very meaningful conversations. We will see how it goes, one day at a time.

So this is my 3rd LFD in a row, first stretch since the lockdown and I feel great. I went running with my younger daughter this morning, and then completed a 30 minute yoga class.

Plopping myself down on the pocket list 😁
    FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420
    @basyjames

Day 8 – USA – NFD

Hello, all! I’ve just now updated our spreadsheet for the month. Only 1 FD so far. Weight is still bobbing up and down within 5 lbs. Took measurements, as I do monthly, and gained 1.5 inches on my waist. Every other measurement is either the same or went down an inch. I surmise it’s from working 10 hour shifts and eating in the a.m. and then again not until 10 pm at night when I get home. My job does not allow more than 1/2 hour for lunch, so I don’t usually make a lunch beforehand; hence, snacking on cheap crackers and CHEEEEEESE at night while browsing the emails and Facebook posts. Hope all is well with everyone. So glad to see Bert1802 this month again!

@basyjames – congratulations on getting into your church praise team! Yes, not only is singing good for the soul, it really is a terrific aerobic workout. Let me find the link I use on Facebook to try to recruit new members for our Choral Society on the benefits of singing:
    https://takelessons.com/live/singing/health-benefits-of-singing

Cucumbers! I almost forgot that I got a big feta cheese at Costco yesterday and am making Greek salad for supper. Just having kalamata olives and feta together might be satisfying enough, but cucumbers, red onion, and cherry tomatoes are the bulk of the salad with lemony (+oregano) oil & vinegar dressing make it delish. One recipe I saw also added avocado, so I got one of those.

Day 8 – Ireland – FD

Hi all… my busiest week so far since lockdown so no time to read posts but I really hope everyone is doing ok…
    I’m tired and the weather is rubbish here but hopefully It will be better for the weekend ☀️. Need to get out and about on my bike as I’m getting lazy!!!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

FD List – Day 8
    @mia139
    @northgeorgia
    @betsylee
    @annabelle48
    @saffy420
    @basyjames
    @jaifaim

Day 9, FD, Aus

Had a lovely night out but too much wine! And on a “school” night! Looking fwd to today’s FD.

Thinking of you @betsylee with the recent imposition of Melbourne lock down. Hope you’re stocked up and safe.

I’d love to see some before and after photos. Of hair styles and kitchens!

Your comment re cucumbers, @funshipfreddie made me think of them with Hendricks gin. But your description of a Greek salad, @songbirdme won the day. Yum! (It must be a FD if a salad trumps gin!)

Day 9 country West Australia NFD
    I was going to do a FD today 😇 but apparently the family decided that our place was the place for everyone to gather for dinner tonight since it is school holidays and some of the extended family have come to the country from Perth.👨‍👩‍👦‍👦🥰
    So DH and I will host 10 others! after I finish work at 5.30 pm ! home by 6pm ! and everyone coming at 6.30 !! 🙀🙀 No, it’s all good. Every family bringing something to share so I just have to have the house and the Lasagne, so not really that conducive to fasting.🥂🍕( please note the restraint – only 1 glass of wine and a SMALL slice of pizza/lasagne. Well that’s the plan……) BUT tomorrow I will do a FD.🤞
    @betsylee, I really feel for our Victorian friends. Lockdown can be tricky. We are so fortunate on the farm. Isolation meant life went on just the same and exercising by walking around the paddocks in brisk, cold air was quite invigorating .🏃‍♀️🏃‍♂️
    @flourbaby, I think our 5:2 journey has been quite similar.🙂 I have lassoo-ed my mojo and tied it VERY firmly to my waist ( plenty of ballast there !)
    @basyjames, yes 22 years is a long time. Relationships like fasting are indeed one day at a time – and quite often hard work.
    Congratulations on getting in to the church praise band. Well done!
    @emma Taylor, I find that eating slowly ( as we were brought up as children to do – ‘Put your knife and fork down between bites and chew every mouthful 32 times’) really helps. As does drinking 8-10 glasses of water.
    The only problem with the water intake in a cold winter means VERY efficient kidneys!!😜
    @songbirdme, I am in a choir and have a reasonable soprano voice. Well I thought I did until we had to do Zoom for our choir. As a friend in the choir said ” I thought I could sing, but Zoom has shown me that I can’t sing , I can’t hold a tune and I don’t look as good as I thought I did on camera!!”🎼🎶🎵
    Some of our combined efforts were not too good and definitely NOT like the ones I binge-watched from around the world when in iso. 🤭
    However we all had a good laugh and we did improve over time. Sadly we are still not able to get together as a choir so we just practise at home.
    Greek salad – yum.😙
    @fasterjo, I love the thought of a ‘ hungry minster’ . Makes it sound somewhat Scottish!
    @annabelle48, well done on adding your name to the list! I am technologically challenged even though I use it a lot in my work. Computers do not like me – and I like them less!
    To all our American friends so sorry to hear that you have passed the 3 million Covid19 cases. It really is a nasty bug.
    Keep safe all.

Day 9 – UK – FD

I’m following to plan, really to plan but have reached a plateau. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing or I know I’d be gaining. You have to keep the faith.

Take care everyone.

Pocket List FD
    @judyjudes

Day 9, Emden Germany, FD

@michelinme I’m missing your posts, I hope you’re fine!

@flourbaby and @betsylee we would never buy a modernised, finished house, we just like the process of renovating. We like old houses in their original state without modern open plan living and tiles everywhere.

Pocket list day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 9 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone,

Quick in and out again this morning, not managed to read through all posts fully for the last few days, bit busy, hope everyone’s OK.

The ‘dust storm’ in the kitchen wasn’t as bad as expected, for a start, the dust remained pretty much in the kitchen area. By 5pm one wall tiled ready for grouting, all the surfaces and the floor mopped and clean. All in all a very good day!

On the 5:2 front, had a couple of shirts delivered from a favourite retailer to replace some of those removed from the wardrobe as now far too big. When I began this WOL 12 months ago those particular shirt were 2XL, yesterdays delivery were Large, down 2 sizes! Tried them on, wow, room to spare! Lost about 7 inches round the chest! Tried on my favourite very posh tweed jacket (couldn’t part with it) …. Reluctantly, it’s got to go, but it just brings it home how much I have changed shape!

Expecting a busy day here today in ‘renovationville’ with deliveries, including electrical goods, tiling should be completed today ready to grout and finish tomorrow! Fingers crossed flooring delivered Monday which will be the last job…. For now. This Old House, needs gently taking care of!

Take care all

Pocket list day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 9 Melb Aust TDEE

In the mid 68s now, so good progress so far this month.

@basyjames, I do hope things work out for you and OH. Your efforts now in really coomunicating are very positive steps.

@i hate lettuce – whew! No major mess, that’s a relief. But oh, your favourite tweed jacket is on the toss out pile, sad. Is there any way it can be re-modelled for the new trimmer you?

@stitchincarol, just think Samson – Sansone

@saffy420, I know what you meant, but I got a wonderful picture of beardless OH next to a bearded Saffy420 🙂

Day one of the new lockdown here. Sigh! Oh well, we survive these things.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Yesterday turned into an FD due to not many opportunities to eat due to loooong commute in the rain so today is weigh day and I am half a pound down from last week. Better than a slap in the face from a wet fish I’d say 😄

DH and I are off in the motorcycle tomorrow morning for a two night trip down to Kerry and Cork. Hotels booked and I am looking forward to seeing how the “new normal” will be in relation to hotels, and eating etc, with the Covid restrictions.

I won’t be able to log in so have a great weekend everyone, stay safe.

Day 9……Florida…….FD

Some how this really whacky week, has found a way to bless me with a tad bit of weight loss…..Imagine that! I guess it’s better than a sharp stick in the eye.

Things are beginning to settle down. Hubby made it up home, now the real work for him begins. The youngest is enjoying his first real adult job. My oldest well he’s around here somewhere.

Seeing it’s just me and well the kids but they are in and out. While he’s gone, I plan on being super strict and get my exercise on. So, last night before bed, I set my walking clothes out…… and I’m going to do a 30 min. Walk every morning before work.
    Right now it’s 6 am and dark, so as soon as the sun wakes from it’s slumber, I’ll be out the door, hopefully it before 6:30. I’ll be back at 7 which will give me an hour to get ready and leave for work.

Let’s hope this is do able!

I’m totally lacking the zip-a-dee part of my doo-dah day!

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

EFS last night. I am NOT having a good week! 😢 My mojo has left the building. But I WILL have a good FD today.

@daffodil2010 – enjoy your trip!

Pocket List – Day 9 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802

DTF List – Day 9 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie

Day 9 Oxon, UK FD800
    Good CD yesterday. Not many steps though as ‘rain stopped play’. Will try and keep busy for today’s FD800. Hopefully a run too if weather improves.
    Pocket List – Day 9 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2

DTF List – Day 9 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 9, London, UK, FD

Regular FD for me today, I’m feeling like I’m going to need dinner, so soup is defrosting for later, I suppose it could still be liquid, although the lentils take a bit of chewing!! 😜

Yay!!! @funshipfreddie, World Cucumber Day, I’m gonna need a costume!!!!……………………………… I hope it’s not a euphemism ………………………….. similar to that aubergine/eggplant!!! 😉

@stitchincarol, sometimes I’m too clever by half …………………….. in my own tiny mind!!! 😂 I meant my pronunciation of ‘Sansone’ is phonetically similar to ‘Samson’ ……………………. As in “Samson & Delilah”!!!! 😎

@basyjames, I’m in awe of your B2B2B LFDs & running!!! I can’t imagine it, but I was saying the same thing about fasting at home and then about LFDs about 4 months ago!!! Lockdown silver lining!!

Have a fantastic time @daffodil2010, you deserve it after the commute from hell!! 🥂

@funshipfreddie, there’s only one thing for it, be strong & chuck all the treats out 💪, or stash them in the garage, then firmly strap yourself to this wagon!!! We’ve got you!!! 🙏

Onward & downwards people!!!

Day 9 Rio de Janeiro, Brazil FD

@betsylee
    @northgeorgia
    @flourbaby
    @jaifaim

Thanks, guys!

I’m on my 8th FD (week 4) and so far I’ve lost about 2.5kg/5lbs, but apparently I’m on a plateau. Maybe I’m eating too much on my NFDs, but I it doesn’t fell like it. I have weighed myself every day since I started and I use the weekly averages to evaluate if I really lost something, but in the 5:2 diet this becomes difficult since the weight variation is very sudden after the FDs. I’m in doubt if I should reduce my calories on the NFDs or if I should continue like this and wait to see if I’ll break through the plateau.

2nd Post – Day 9

Thanks for the pep talk @flourbaby, I needed it!

Pocket List – Day 9 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator

DTF List – Day 9 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Having a good week so far🤞

Pocket List – Day 9 🥕
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @missybear

DTF List – Day 9 ☕️
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @missybear

Keep on keeping on, one day at a time…….I can do anything for one day…….and I can have wine tomorrow 😉

Day 9 – USA/GA – NFD

Yes; down a pound! 256 lbs. today, and right at the 256.1 level, judging from the scales indecisiveness between 256.0 and 256.2 (better that than jumping up and down three or four pounds each time). Four NFDs in a row start today, so anything could happen, but at least it’s not a holiday weekend this time around. Fingers crossed, it’s the start of a new baseline! The middle of the month is next week, and three more pounds of loss needed to reach my July goal…

@i-hate-lettuce Congratulations! Two sizes down and room to spare with that. I’m transitioning between 2XL to XL right now, so looking forward to those kind of problems! I think I may keep the bigger sizes handy, especially the pieces I like, just for comfort, for some time anyway hahaha

@champinator 5 lbs. of weight loss in a month is fantastic! I also get discouraged at the “mini-plateaus,” but actually over the long term, they just look like a big downward staircase. Think of them more as steps than plateaus. Mine are about a week apart (sometimes less, sometimes closer to a week and a half). I bet you’re about to take a step down! Graphing them can help. Do you use the online tracker here? I actually like my own Excel spreadsheet, because I can see the gains and losses a little better (as I have a lot of weight to lose). I’m not sure how long your “plateau” has been, but it doesn’t sound like anything is wrong!

@bert1802 and @daffodil2010 Congratulations on your weight loss!

Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 9 USA (Illinois) FD

Joining the fasters today – off shortly to have some car maintenance done, so just as easy not to eat as I wait for new brakes.

@lilymartin – so glad to hear you’re in a choir! Oh, don’t feel like you need to be a soloist to sing in a choir. Believe me, having a choir of soloists is not an easy group to corral. To be CHORAL you need to hear each other and work together, so doing “choir” on Zoom or such is well nigh to impossible. And that’s another reason I doubt our local Choral Society will not be back together until there is a vaccine for COVID-19. Most all our singers are 60+ in age (one just turned 97! – the local retired high school choir director’s mother).

Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @songbirdme

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Onward and downward.

Day 9 NFD UK

Yesterday was supposed to be a FD but I committed the cardinal sin of not writing things down and guesstimating so a gain of 4 oz, not much but as I am only progressing in tiny nibbles, I want the tiny nibbles to be downward Not in my plan at all, but what’s done is done.

@lilymartin re pocket list. I use an iPad so no mouse, I could copy but for the life of me could not work out the paste bit and then a light bulb moment, after quite a long time fiddling about, I discovered the magic keyboard tap and hey presto. Just hope I can do it tomorrow. I’m with you re computers, they don’t like me, just like my OH car, it hates me.

Horrible day here very cold and windy. Forced myself out for a short but brisk walk and that’s it. Sun supposed to appear tomorrow so will put plants in then.

Relaxing now with tv film.

Day 9 – Ireland – CD

Quick check in… nearly 2lbs Down on yesterday’s Weight… not sure how but liking it 😊
    Will post tomorrow – back to work and then catch up with friends…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 9 North Canton OH LFD

Today is the first day that I have felt wobbly since I started my extended liquid fast on Sunday. I am about to cross into 90 hours. I woke up feeling a little tachycardia, so I placed some pink salt under my tongue and drank some water. I then prepped some bone broth, which I sipped on after my 20 minute HIIT workout (I modified some of the moves anytime I felt like my HR was going too high). I have had a cup of coffee and I am working on drinking my allotted daily gallon of water. No headaches, just a little weaker than normal. It’s good to feel like I am back in control of something.

Thank you for the link @songbirdme, I never thought of the benefits of singing, but I have always found that singing makes me feel good when I am getting down. If we lived close, I would apply to join your Choral Society 🎶🎶🎶🎶

@lillymartin- you are so right; that is quite a quote “Relationships are like Fasting –best taken one day at a time” I am adopting it! And I am a soprano too, but can comfortably sing alto if needed for harmony

@i hate lettuce, huge congrats! What a victory!! Sorry about the loss of your posh tweed jacket, I hope you can find another to replace it; one in your size.
    I hate renovations while they are in process; the dust, the chaos, the mess, the inability to find things when you need it. But I do love the finished product – and the big reveal. My favorite shows are home improvement shows

@flourbaby I am in shock too. A few months ago, I could not fast at home to save my life. Now here I am at 90hours and still going strong. The human body is an amazingly resilient machine.🙌👏👏👏

@champinator the scale does not tell the whole story, and no loss on the scale does not mean no loss at all. Here’s a helpful link to a post by annette52 https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/if-your-clothes-are-looser-but-the-scales-are-the-same-read-on/

Jumping onto the pocket list✨
    Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @basyjames

Day 9 UK FD

Busy day for me but I find it’s preferable on a FD not to have the time to think about food too much

Thanks for the descriptions @stitchincarol and @songbirdme I’m so pleased the reality is similar to my imaginings I am now in educated bliss

@penz mmm G&T or Greek salad , love them both but I think we both know there’s a clear winner – and according to MFP only 56 cals if you have a slimline tonic🍸

Yes @snowflake I hope @michelinme is ok , maybe lurking out there with @ciren2 and a few others ?

@i-hate-lettuce You put me to shame on the DIY front ,I’ve been “thinking “ about tiling the hallway but have progressed no further than looking at tiles online Must get a move on

@daffodil2010 Have a great trip See you next week

So glad your mojos back @funshipfreddie 💪

Chewing lentils? @flourbaby On FDs I usually have a Veg Thai green curry for dinner and I swear I’ve managed to eat big broccoli chunks without chewing some days , Eating slower – something else I need to work on

Day nine and we’re doing fine ❤️
    Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brghtonbelle
    @basyjames

Day 9 Canada FD

A quick check in to add myself to the pocket list. Hope everyone is sailing along nicely 🙂

Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @songbirdme
    @bellyblast

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2

Day 9 UK FD 800

Planned a 500 cal FD but will settle for 800. Kitchen now closed ( I hope!) . Will have further FD tomorrow and hope for good result on the scales on Saturday.

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

I’m tired. I’m no longer interested in losing weight. I’m right on the cusp of being really, really naughty. I did, however, eat just a bit of the salad I was planning on for supper tonight (I do OMAD on FDs) so I’m starting to feel not quite so grumpy about life. Isn’t it funny how some days are a snap and others challenge every last bit of discipline and determination we have? I’ll live through it…

Late check-in today because I’ve been at work, and didn’t have time before I left this morning. Yesterday’s NFD went well, and the scales were down again this morning; with today’s FD, I should finally be at or even below my July 1 weight. sigh See? It’s simply not going well after the indulgences of this past weekend. There’s probably a lesson in there!

@betsylee, how tough to have to return to lockdown. At least it’s winter for you, so there’s not as much to do…right? Or does that somehow make it even worse? At any rate, you certainly have my sympathy. Here in Nebraska, things are opening up more and more, and new cases are still holding steady. And THANK YOU for the pronunciation information; I’d never even thought of that option, and no research online gave me any guide to how it’s pronounced.
    @penz, I too have been thinking how lovely it would be to be able to see pictures!
    @basyjames, what good news to have gotten into the praise band!
    @lilymartin, I laughed to read your account of singing on Zoom; it certainly changes our perception of our skills, doesn’t it?
    Aw, @judyjudes, that’s so frustrating to do the work and not see the results, isn’t it? Hold tight,it will happen soon!!!
    @daffodil2010, have a grand time!
    @flourbaby, AH! NOW it makes sense! LOL, thanks for the explanation. 🙂
    @champinator, in my life, 5 pounds in 4 weeks is a success! Keep on doing what you’re doing, and you’ll continue to lose.
    @IHateLettuce, congratulations on such a smaller size! Huge sympathies, however, about the posh tweed jacket!

Pocket List – Day 9
    @judyjudes
    @penz
    @snowflake56
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @bert1802
    @suki2
    @flourbaby
    @champinator
    @songbirdme
    @basyjames
    @brightonbelle
    @bellyblast
    @stitchincarol

DTF List – Day 9
    @funshipfreddie
    @suki2
    @brghtonbelle
    @basyjames

Usually I’m calling for determination and discipline by the boatload, but today I’ll settle for even a tiny bit of motivation and interest. 🙂

Day 10, NFD, Aus

Got through yesterday last night and even when OH uncharacteristically got himself a snifter of whiskey, I was not at all tempted! PFDS.

@flourbaby, @betsylee, @stichincarol – I mentally pronounce Sansone as Sans-own. It’s far too late to change how I think of it!

Enjoy your weekend, and freedom, @daffodil2010.

Hang in there @funshipfreddie – you’ve been such a stalwart and shining example of this WOE that we understand this slight blip. I’m sure you’ll be back on board in no time. How did your FD go?

Hi @champinator – your weight loss seems like a sensible, healthy level of decline. But if you really feel you’ve plateaued, perhaps you could start calculating the calories you consume on NFDs? Or just take my approach, stick with the 2 FDs and ride it out!

Your scales make me laugh @northgeorgia. I can almost see you stomping up and down on them to teach them a lesson.

@brightonbelle – you did just have to tell me how many calories in a G&T, didn’t you!! I bet it’s far far less than what’s in a Greek salad!!! I see my resolve bolting fir the liquor cabinet and it’s not even 9am!!

Hang in there too @stichincarol. There’s a bit of wobbliness in the forum at the moment but enough of us are still hanging on to the 5:2 wagon to haul others aboard.

And final congrats to @ihatelettuce. I think you should don your tweed jacket for the last bit of tiling and grouting as a fitting farewell!

Happy weekend everyone.

Day 10 country west Australia FD
    Well I survived dinner with the fam. Great time had by all but what a carb fest, even for a carb lover like me.
    Lasagne🥮, pizza,🍕 garlic bread🍞, nuts🥨, chocolate almonds🍫, wine🥂… oh and there was a salad.🥗
    My halo positively glowed 😇😇 as I took the smallest piece of lasagne, the slice of pizza with the healthiest!!! toppings, a LOT of salad and 1, yes it IS possible to have one, single solitary chocolate almond.🍫 Who would have thought??😲
    I was feeling SO virtuous and smug even, then my sister said to me ‘ Don’t forget your halo doesn’t have to fall far to become a noose!!”. 🤑
    I did have to laugh – and it did re-inforce that it really is one step/day at a time.
    Woke to a 400 gm rise on the scales but feeling very very fine about it all.😀
    Apart from the fact that my scales act as if they are on a bouncy castle – up down up down up down – and often with no apparent rhyme or reason, I got into my jeans this morning and the shoehorn wasn’t needed quite so much. AND I don’t feel bloated.👍
    The muffin top/ tractor tyre is slowly deflating. It is a slow leak at this stage but still going down so all good.🤞
    @ I hate lettuce, 2 shirt sizes – WOW !!!👏👏👏 well done. And the renos sound exciting.
    @FunshipFreddie- those mojos do tend to wander off at times but it’s a great relief when they return. 😅
    @basyjames I am in awe of your 90 hour LF. 😲Can’t even begin to imagine that, but later on perhaps…..
    Re Zoom singing, our choir leader asked why I didn’t post me singing a particularly high part she’d composed for a song. It sounded so good when we all sang together pre-Covid but when I recorded myself, well…. I told her that I was afraid the RSPCA ( animal protection society) would prosecute me for strangling cats!!! Nuff said!)🙄
    @stitchincarol, don’t don’t DON’T EVER give up.🥺( pleading face apparently!!)
    We’ll lash you to the wagon but keep on keeping on with 5:2. Otherwise you could end up in the same boat as me and trust me, said boat is sitting considerably lower in the water than it ever has previously. Not a good place to be !😳
    @champinator, I agree with @penz re counting calories for a little while. Working out your TDEE ( total daily energy expenditure) for NFDs was such an eye opener for me. I was eating healthily pre5:2 just eating WAY too much.
    Never been a calorie counter before but once I started plugging the figures I quickly realised that those pesky little calories lurk everywhere and in unexpected places.
    It was the NFDs that did me in rather then the FDs.😰
    @daffodil2010, someone who uses the same ‘ wet fish’ expression!! I often say it and people look at me as though I’m a bit crazy! Glad to have a fellow ‘ wet fisher’!
    @betsylee, hope lockdown goes OK.
    @dykask, hope you are well?
    Have a good day all – I have a positive feeling about today .👏😀

Day 10 – Japan – WFD #54

@lilymartin – I’m okay just over busy. I’ve been fighting allergies too. Things are getting tense again in Japan due to Covid-19 cases. Still we are a lot better off than many places and here almost everyone wears masks and tries not to spread viruses.

Day 10, Emden Germany, NFD

Day 10 – UK – CD

Hi Everyone

I woke yesterday feeling somewhat under the weather; cold on the inside if you know what I mean, hungry and very tired. Feeling stayed with me most of the day. Early in the day I tried a Miso soup (31 cals) to warm me up and take edge of hungry feel. Had leftover veg and scrambled egg at lunch (150 cals). Still didn’t cut it. Put fire 🔥 on. Still couldn’t get warmed through. Tried to have a nap but couldn’t. Ended up have gluten free oats and some nuts. It was as if my body was craving nutrition. Hasten to add I think I went to much over my cal allowance to call yesterday a FD. Strangely this morning I’ve seen a small .5lb loss on scales.

In other news I’ve also signed up to MMs Fast800 online plan but the 5:2 version of it. It’s tailored to your own needs and includes an exercise and mindfulness program. If I don’t get results I can switch over to full Fast800 (and back again if need be). I really need to get my waist size down. Coincidentally I’m the same weight as this time last year but my waist has increased!

I’d still like to use this forum too if that’s ok 😊

@lilymartin well done on swerving the goodies!

@dykask keep safe!

@stitchincarol … don’t do it, don’t be naughty, you’ll regret it. Perhaps the tiniest naughtiness might satisfy the craving.

@jaifaim well done on the loss!

No pocket list to copy & paste unless someone cross posts … it takes me an age to create a post 😬

Take care, stay safe!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 723 total)

You must be logged in to reply.