July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 617 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 619 total)

• 2nd post

Pocket list for Day 4:
    @penz
    @winsome-waif
    @snowflake56

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Had a lovely day at the graduation yesterday, the sun was shining so summery photos taken. We then went for a family meal and I made wise choices. There was wine later in the evening, accompanied by cheese and crackers, all sitting outside in the glorious evening sunshine.

And only up half a pound today so delighted with that. Today is an FD so nothing until 1.30pm then it’s a 2 egg salad with mozzarella for lunch, then some more protein for evening meal.

I am visiting my brother in Dublin this evening….he had emergency spinal surgery on Monday morning, desiccated discs in his neck taken out and replaced with titanium, and he is already out of hospital. Looking forward to seeing him. He was not able to make it to DH’s party due to this problem, so went to Emergency instead. Hopefully he is sorted.

@mogaman some little spreadsheet Angel has added you to the spreadsheet now. Thank you whoever you are 😄

It’s been so busy the past few days that I have not been able to check in as often as I hoped. But I love how this forum just keeps on rolling.

Interesting re the alcohol talk @funshipfreddie and @penz……I think one of the reasons for my weight gain years ago was having wine every night with dinner. It was so habit forming, myself and DH would think nothing of polishing of a bottle of wine over dinner every single night. Then we stopped, and just had Saturday as drinking night, and that helped hugely in weight loss. Now I mostly do Dry till Fri. I find if I have a glass of water with dinner then I have no further desire for wine.

Oh, and Egg Fast….I plan 4 days from next Monday….will we gather up the troops and have a mini- challenge 👍.

Pocket List Day 4
    @penz
    @winsome-waif
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010

Day 4 UK FD

Completely forgot to post yesterday ! @basyjames so sorry for your loss ❤️

Lost the plot a bit yesterday but back on track today

Day 4 – Ireland – CD

Morning everybody! Welcome to so many newbies! We seem to be growing every day! 👍
    My concentration levels are completely shot this week which means I’m reading posts but retaining very little … just so much going on and feeling pretty rubbish on top of that (possibly viral or just stress) but one step in front of the other and “this too shall pass” are my mottos right now as I have another busy weekend coming up with a work event which I am responsible for.
    For anyone else struggling right now… we can do this 💪💪💪💪 for those of you who are having a good start to July – well done and keep it up!!! 👍
    Yesterday was quite a good FD and today I see the dentist for a filling so won’t eat much after that until this evening…

Wishing you all the best today!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@penz – yes, it’s surprising how many things we do habitually. I still occasionally have a couple of alcohol-free beers; but a cup of tea is just as enjoyable. I read a couple of ‘quit-lit’ books when I stopped drinking. ‘The Unexpected Joy of Being Sober’, by Catherine Gray & ‘This Naked Mind’ by Annie Grace helped me to get through the first few weeks.

@rabbette – oh, thanks so much! Just what I needed on my FD – to read your mouthwatering description of Salted Chocolate Caramel Cake 😱

@daffodil2010 & @redrockgirl302 & @johnnyr – I may just join you for the egg fast next week; but just for 3 days. And I’m not giving up regular coffee; that’s just not negotiable 🤔

Happy Fourth of July to all our American members! 🇺🇸

Day 4 Pocket List
    @penz
    @matpi
    @winsome-waif
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie

Day 4 Belfast FD
    Happy 45h July to our American friends
    Wedding dress successfully bought and a few tears shed. I count myself so lucky to be included in the bride’s preparation.

@yoyofletcher – great post – never was a truer word said….
    @and …exhale welcome back. I am dipping in and out, and I attribute my maintenance to keeping in touch with this amazing forum.
    @Rabette – your journey is proof that this WOL is so successful. You should be proud.
    @songbirdme – 50 years is some achievement. Congratulations both on your long and successful marriage and also of course, on your tenacity in maintaining so successfully. 👏 (and the sadly the best team won!)
    @stardustdream – what a busy life you lead! Hats off to you for taking on all that hard work!
    @michelinme – ‘. My relationship with food has completely changed, and It’s easier to make healthier choices that meet longer term goals.’ Wise words and isn’t that where we all want to end up?
    Happy holidays with your pup @Redrockgirl.
    @daffodil2010 happy birthday to your OH – Looks like you’re well set for the party! It seems only a months or two ago when you started your project. Wishing you many happy travels.
    @annemarilyn – I know what you mean about time. This WOL has become such a part of my life I can’t remember when I started. You’ve done so well so far. I know you’ll get over that 200 watershed soon.
    @flourbaby – love the quote
    @JonnyR what a great story about your gran. Rose seems quite a character!
    Oh @basyjames my heart goes out to you. I can’t imagine how you’re feeling. Sending you cyber ((Hugs))
    @Funshipfreddie- well done on changing your lifestyle. Great story and an inspiration. Thanks for the link,
    @Redrockgirl – I’ll join you. I must have been on holiday when the chat started so I’ll check out the link Funshipfreddie sent.
    Oh!@matpi. My pup is hale and hearty and I still have a tear in my

Pocket list day 4, if you want to join us on this FD, please copy and paste your name and add it to the list:
    @winsome-waif
    @snowflake56
    @penz
    @matpi
    @winsome-waif
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @funshipfreddie
    💪💪💪💪

@debster251 – this link from @annemarilyn is better than the one I sent yesterday. It explains everything better…

https://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/egg-fast/

Day 4 UK FD

Struggled a bit yesterday. Quite frankly I feel fat. Family not that supportive. Over ate (again). Need a few positivity pills to tell me to stick at it and remind me it’s a long journey and to show some patience.

It’s really quite hard when there’s so much sweet stuff in the house. All the advice is to clear the cupboards of crap. This is unrealistic in a busy family environment, so those feelings of “ooh, I’m a bit peckish” can turn into a full on carb-fest quite easily. I think I’m not eating at all today and will fast until Friday evening to get back on track.

Apols for the rant at myself. Just dIsappointed with my progress.

Day 4, London, UK, FD,

Good FD yesterday at 550cals, I really wasn’t hungry, but since Day 2 was a 200cal FD I felt I really needed to fuel myself, especially as I’m still in the healing period.

I’m so jealous of you egg fasters, but just the thought of egginess taste & smell is enough to put me off, although I’m on holiday (I may have mentioned it before??) from the 12th -26th so I might be emptying Tescos’ shelves of eggs in desperation on the 27th!!!!!!

Weirdly enough I’m having a whoosh at the moment (I should have whispered that – the dragon is ALWAYS listening!!) so today I’m down 2.6lbs for this month, I need to keep the momentum as I need to bank some FDs/ losses before the holiday (did I mention …………????)

@johnnyr, ranting here is mandatory!!! Could you have a chat with the family?? You’re doing this for them as much as you, unless they’re planning to inherit early!!! You could just ask them for a little help with your journey ……………………….. it really is NOT too much to ask!!! This WOL depends on support, hence, the success of these challenges, but staying strong depends on those closest to us too. When I first started, I had a treat box with a combination padlock – I thought I needed to avoid the debate with my inner greedy-cow, we don’t use the padlock anymore and I HAVE raided the box once or twice, but my willpower muscle is soooo much stronger now, and I reach for the Babybel or a cube of cheddar when the snack dragon roars!!! Keep the faith & ignore the negativity!!!

Back to work, Happy fasting folks!!!

Day 4 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

By the end of the day I will have managed B2B2B2B FDs this week!
    Feeling GOOD! Although I am looking forward to having a few NFDs this weekend.

@funshipfreddie Thank you for posting the Egg Fast links – very interesting and I will definitely be up for giving it a go if/when my weight loss starts to slow down.
    @annemarilyn Although I have done 5:2 before, this is my first months challenge for awhile. I am easing myself into it, my aim for July is to do B2B fasts Mon-Thurs, staying within 800cals. I’m interested in the Egg Fast but not quite ready for that yet! I’ve parked the information for future reference!
    @johnnyr I can relate. I too have a long road ahead of me. There is always sweet stuff in my house too and I am surrounded by skinny family members! It’s hard but not impossible. Once you get a few good days under your belt you will feel empowered and realise you can control this, with or without the support of your family – this is YOUR show and we are all with you cheering from the sidelines!!!! Even small progress is progress SO cut yourself some slack, be kind to yourself, take a deep breath and keep going. This forum is great for support so make the most of it!

Pocket list day 4, if you want to join us on this FD, please copy and paste your name and add it to the list:
    @winsome-waif
    @snowflake56
    @penz
    @matpi
    @winsome-waif
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @funshipfreddie

@yo-yo

@johnnyr – don’t be so tough on yourself. Look at how far you’ve come already. Just a thought, but looking at the spreadsheet, your schedule is really hectic! Five consecutive FDs every week. Maybe try 4:3, or even ADF for a while? Be a little kinder to yourself; enjoy the journey…

Day 4 – Lancashire, UK – FD

Looks like everyone is on an FD! I get an email notification when someone posts. It great as a little reminder to ‘keep on going’ with either my FD or CD.
    Thanks everyone. I was also wondering about the egg fast, sounds like my kind of fast!
    I would love to know a replacement for milk in my coffee on a fast day. Can’t stand it black.

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD

Another (too) hot, sunny day today….what a week to be on holiday!
    Feeling rather achey today. Had acupuncture yesterday, so maybe a reaction to that. I have another sports massage this afternoon, mainly for my back. I had spinal fusion in 2011 and like a regular massage just to keep it from getting too stiff and/or painful.
    @daffodil2010: Sounds as if your brother had something similar done to his neck….it should be very successful and get him out of pain. Good luck to him and a speedy recovery. It’s true they don’t let them lie around in bed too long these days!
    More egg-fasters revving up for a new challenge next week. Keep us informed of your losses.

Day 4: California
    Celebrating the 4th of July today! Not doing any thing crazy, but having a little beach time in this dreary, grey day.
    @penz, yes, Mangia is one word I’m very familiar with, especially growing up. That gave me too much freedom to eat without thinking. Just feeling good about eating and if you eat a lot, the better. I guess I treat others the same way. I’m a food pusher and I enjoy having my friends and family coming over and eating everything I prepare. Makes me feel very good…a form of co-dependence?
    Well, I plan to bring my favorite peanut butter chocolate chip/peanut butter chip cookies over to my family party on Saturday. I make the dough ahead of time and throw it in the freezer…of course I tasted it (been eating raw cookie dough since forever and never had a reaction). I did stop eating at 7:00 pm, but snuck in a bit of trail mix before bed. Yes, I’m a snacker too. The plan this week is to have FD tomorrow (Friday). I’ll be ready for it mentally. By the way, are all of you recording your measurements? I haven’t done that yet. I’m using my Calvin Klein jeans to measure! Yes, those favorite pair of jeans that linger in the closet and only make guest appearances when my body fits well in them. I have a pair of Guess shorts too…but that will take at least another 5 pounds. I’m fluctuating between 2-3 pounds down (been running about 4 miles a a day), but hope to get down to a number that will be steady.
    @daffodil2010 hope your brother has a speedy recovery.
    @Rabette read your post on iron deficiency. Most of what you wrote is what I’ve read before, except the bit about calcium affecting absorption of iron. Interesting. Thank you for sharing that.
    @basyjames. So sorry to hear about your pup. I had an 8 year old Golden Retriever that I had lost quite a few years ago. It was the one of the worst days of my life and took quite a while to get over it….I have two dogs now. One GR and the other is a Vizsla. The Vizsla is not going to be happy about the fireworks tonight…she is supposed to be a hunting dog, but every little pop, crackle bang makes her jump.
    Thank you everyone for sharing your thoughts, knowledge about FD and everything else about you. Have a great day!

Day 4 – Goa, India – NFD

My weight is down from 66.9kg to 66.5kg… yahoo.

I tried to eat my complete TDEE calories but just couldn’t… I feel so full that I am going to skip dinner.

Total calories consumed 1289 cals.
    Walk 5.75km

Fast day tomorrow. Aiming for 500 cals or less.

Day 4 – Switzerland – NFD

Late log-in for me, sorry, as our many visitors started arriving today. Lovely breeze coming up from the lake. Will find a quiet moment and catch up on posts when everyone’s gone to bed!

Thanks for the pocket list help yesterday, got me through the day without any slip-ups, including a major supermarket shop, which is usually my least-favourite task for a fast-day. Just getting back into logging everything on MFP – it’s such a faff, I definitely had a moment earlier when I thought about snacking on some hummous, but then decided that the whole logging thing outweighed my need to nibble!

2nd post

Afraid that my FD is slipping away. Just so darn tired. I forgot my eggs for lunch so went to the supermarket and got an egg salad but with greens and Lentils. Now I am sitting at home while DH is firing up the BBQ for steaks and I don’t mind if I have one.

So, keep the faith guys, even if I am not.

Day 4, VA, USA, NFD – hoping CD but will accept if that goes out the window.

I’ll start the day with control and focus on some good choices, but I do know my SO is looking forward to homemade really good frozen margaritas. No artificial crap in them or syrup (I keep mine strong and minimal!)

Thank you for all the ANNIVERSARY wishes and the HOW could you describe “Salted Chocolate Caramel Cake” @funshipfreddie gave me the best chuckle. I know I’ve had to skip over where folks are describing a freaking LOVELY dinner description on SOME of my FDs but funny enough NOT all of them. I go shopping at the food store on some of my FDs and it totally does not bother me. OTHER days I’m like WHY did I do this!!!!!

@debster251 – awe thank you 😉 I’m taking it one FD at a time and learning about myself in the process WHICH has been the most amazing and BEST part!

@johnnyr – HUGS! WE have all done it. I know that I have, and I was doing good for a couple of months and then BAM I totally snacked on EV-RE-THING! Know that a FD is the reset button. Also researching some tricks to help next time that feeling occurs is also helpful. I have one trick that is doing well for me right now (at least) it is to LOOK at the calories for the chips/junkfood that I am about to consume. Then I portion out how much that is *no cheating* Then if I am still “hungry” or what ever that is, I try to have a glass of water then a healthy snack of fresh cut carrots or something like that. Keeping good veggies that are easy to snack on in the house is good.

Cheers you fasters! You can do it!

Day 4 Eastern WA USA Transition NFD

Happy 4th of July to all living in the USA!

I did my 2nd Egg Fast from Sunday through Wednesday, and lost on the first two days but stayed the same on the 3rd. Then yesterday was my 1st transition day and this morning I was down a little more. Began the month at 201.2 and today the scale says 199.4 lbs. Moving the right direction.
    Yes, @funshipfreddie, the Egg Fast plan on ibreatheimhungry.com is clear to follow plus she has lots of great recipes. I still haven’t made them all. I did make the Salted Caramel Custard (low carb) one today. I didn’t have the caramel extract it recommended, so I used what I had on hand – some vanilla extract from Mexico, and some SF Salted Caramel syrup. It was so good! It’s kind of like a Spanish flan.

@Donkeyshom – regarding your coffee, look at the BPC recipe on the ibreatheimhungry.com egg fast plan. I didn’t think I’d like it but loved it. She recommends it instead of cream. But if a person can’t handle it, a little heavy cream keeps you in the zero carb zone and so is a better choice than milk. The Egg Fast is part of the keto way of eating which is Low Carb Healthy/high Fat Moderate Protein. The Egg Fast in particular is a type of Fat Fast, meant to be used briefly to get off a plateau. Then it’s recommended to transition to regular Keto.

@swimmer44 – did you feel the earthquake in California in your area today? I beieve the epicenter was 130 miles north east of Los Angeles.

Okay, off to Trader Joe’s to hopefully get some berries to make a colorful fruit salad to contribute to the BBQ later. I’m taking a keto friendly bun to use instead of the grain filled ones that will probably be provided.

We can do this folks!

Day 5, Aus, NFD

I really struggled yesterday. Really. Plagued with self doubt asking myself why I’m doing this. Fortunately, I’m lazy, and fortunately, I get really cold on FDs. So I couldn’t be bothered to extract myself from under the blanket and get off the couch to eat anything. So I successfully completed a WFD. Still, it has given me cause to think some more. Has anyone read anything by Simon Sinek (kinda big in the leadership world) who says to “start with why”. If people (typically employees) know “why” something is being done, they are more likely to embrace it, than if they’re just told the “what”.

I know the “what” of 5:2 but I’m going to spend some time this weekend really thinking about the “why” for me. It’s deeper than just losing weight, but I have to fully explore and understand that depth to bolster against future self-doubts. Tho, oddly, a ½ kg drop on the scales this morning for the week, was not enough to restore my self-belief.

Question for the egg fasters: Do you stick with a normal 5:2 routine, and have eggs on the NFDs only? Or incorporate them into a FD as well? (I’m with @funshipfreddie for giving it a go next week but with coffee!)

Right, enough about me!

That seems an extremely quick turnaround for your brother to have surgery and be home again, @daffodil2010. Is that the pressures of the NHS not having enough bedspace, or the wonders of modern surgery and speedier recovery times?

Well done for still having a good FD, @jaifaim even with everything else going on in your life.

Mentally sending you a re-set button @johnnyr (coz I can’t find an emoji to post here). You can do it!

Start of the week goes to @yo-yo Fletch for your B2B2B2B FDs. Incredible stuff. But I thought you said you were “easing yourself into it”!

MMMM homemeade margaritas. Do you have them plain, or fruity @rabbette?

Day 4 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy Fourth of July, USA USA USA! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

Pretty lazy day around here, enjoying the pool and sunshine. Grilling steak for supper. (Oh how I adore good beef… a real indulgence of mine.)

@snowflake56 – looks like your Dutch and our USA team must compete on Sunday. Hope it is a great game for all playing!

Onward and downward.

Day 4 – USA – NFD

@penz. your post resonated with me, because when I first started on 5:2, I wanted to know why it works. So I went to all the doctors on YouTube that explained it in laymen terms: Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Eric Berg, Dr. Stephen Phinney…once I understood how insulin and glucose work in the body, it made sense for me to hunt down foods that don’t spike insulin in the body, yet are healthy, delicious, etc. I don’t know if this is redundant info for you, but if not, go for it and you’ll appreciate what you are doing for your health besides just the 5:2 mechanics. Hope this helps.

2nd post –
    @penz, I agree with @metatauta reading or watching some YouTube videos help find the whys for fasting. I have Dr Jason Fung’s books like The Complete Guide to Fasting. Even Dr Mosley’s shares the research on research behind fasting. Dr. Berg’s videos are also informative.
    About the Egg Fast, read the guidelines of what it entails at http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com. It is recommended from 3 to 5 days. It is a type of Fat Fast. It is really not a part of 5:2. It is not meant to be something someone does all the time. Hope that helps a little.

Day 4 UK FD

Successful FD bc unexpectedly swamped by strangest things. Looking forward to catching up on posts – hopefully tomorrow. Meanwhile sending mojo & strength for the journey!

Day 4, at cabin in red rock country, US, NFD

Happy Independence Day! 😊🇺🇸😊

Hiked a lot and ate well. Now chilling in cabin, pup and DH are snoozing and snoring a bit!😊😅😂

@matpi: I cried a bit reading the beautiful poem thinking of my late pup who left us in May. 😢

@metatauta: Hope you are feeling better soon. 🌺🌼🌷

Great, it seems we have a mini egg fast challenge happening starting on Monday July 8th @johnnyr, @penz, @rabbette, @daffodil2010, @funshipfreddie, @debster251. Anybody else? 😊🥚😊🥚😊🥚😊

Have a good Thursday/Friday everyone! 🌻🌻🌻

second post

Thanks for your comments @metatuta and @annemarilyn. I guess I didn’t explain myself very well. I know why 5:2 works. But I haven’t deeply incorporated into my self-belief why I want to do 5:2. That is, why I choose to do two FD a week. Why am I putting myself through this – why do I want to lose weight. Hope that makes better sense!

Day 4 Massachusetts USA NFD Thanks to whomever put me back in the Spreadsheet. Even if I don’t post I always do the Spreadsheet for accountability. @penz
    I never ask myself why I’m doing the 5/2 because it’s the first WOL plan in my adult life that’s allowed me to maintain a healthy weight without giving up everything I love! And multiple doctors say IF is healthy as you age. It’s lowered my cholesterol and improved my blood work. And I sure love that clothes fit me!

Day 5, Emden Germany, CD?

@songbirdme let the best team win!

@penz I’m having the same problem, I know 5:2 is supposed to get/keep me healthy (and slim?) but I’m asking myself why I need something like that. It should come natural so I’m working to get there without having to fast 2 days a week. Until I find out how to do it, I’m going on doing 5:2.

Day 5 – Adelaide Aus – NFD

Made sensible choices yesterday, and went for a couple of walks, so feeling pretty good.

Today is a lovely sunny winters day so went for a quick walk down the beach when I had a chance.

As an ode to our egg fasters, had two scrambled with feta cheese for breakfast this morning, was delish!

Reading through posts but no time to reply, happy Friday everyone!

Day 5 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – I’m pretty sure you have to do the egg days consecutively. You can’t do them, eg Mon and Thurs. I’m going to do them Mon,Tues and Wed, but have two egg meals instead of my usual OMAD on FDs. I’m basically just going to adapt it to suit me and see how it goes. But I’ve got to have my morning coffee with a splash of milk. And plenty of water. These low-carb diets can be very dehydrating. I knew exactly what you meant re asking ‘why bother?’ Maybe you were just having a bad day, winter weather getting you down? ‘Take pride in how far you have come, and have faith in how far you can go’. No idea who said that, but it works for me!

Wishing everyone a fab Friday, fasting or not.

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Thank God it’s Friday. Feeling tired, the super motivation of last week is gone, so I plan to go gently this weekend then up the ante with a 3 day egg fast from Monday.
    I perhaps just need a good nights sleep. It’s so hard trying to sleep when it’s bright outside at early hours.

@funshipfreddie I will be doing same as you for the egg fast next week, two egg meals, and tons of water., it will be interesting to see how we go. And all you other potential egg-fasters out there, it’s going to be a good experiment with hopefully great results.

Then we have to figure out how to transition…..Oooh 🤔

@flourbaby So where are you off to on your holiday from the 12th until 26th?

@penz hopefully you will figure it out as to the why. I often struggle too, but as @snowflake56 said until we figure out how to make it come naturally best to stick to 5:2. Keep thinking of the health benefits.

But on saying that I haven’t had a good FD week so am low on inspiration myself today.

@swimmer44 I too have a pair of jeans that I use as a measure. Right now they fit but a tad muffin top, so that tells me a few more pounds to go ☺️

Have a great Friday everyone.

Day 5 – Switzerland – NFD

Okay, going to stick with 5:2 this week as I don’t want to miss out on having a glass of wine with our guests – as long as I can stick to TDEE I’ll be okay. So my next FD will be Tuesday.

Good luck to everyone fasting today – and extra luck to everyone sticking to their TDEE when they’re organising a huge bbq!

Day 5, London, UK, NFD,

It’s a quick check-in from me, I’ve only skimmed through the latest posts, so I’ll comment later. However, @daffodil2010, I’m off to Madeira this time …………. can’t wait!!

@penz, I’ve had a similar debate with myself, the outcome was simple ……….. I need to do this ’cause nothing else worked!!!

Happy Friday fasting folks!!

Day 5 Belfast NFD
    I blew yesterday’s FD with a couple of glasses of wine and a large bowl of chilli with sourdough. ☹️ the scales were down 1/2 lb this morning despite that. I must do better, I must do better….
    @Swimmer42 – a pair of measuring g pants is, to my mind, the best way of monitoring your progress. Many years ago, I worked with a girl who had never known her weight. She tried on the same trousers once a month and adjusted her food if they were tight. When I knew her, she was in her forties and looked amazing. I wish I had been as sensible!
    I do this WOL because it allows me a few treats and I can still keep control. I guess @snowflake that if we all had total control of our food intake and we were super disciplined we wouldn’t need to fast! Until that day….

Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose”

Day 5. NFD

This time last year, after doing 5:2 for about a year, I was the slimmest I’ve ever been in my adult life. I don’t weigh myself but all my clothes were loose and I felt so happy with how I felt and looked. I want to stop thinking about my body and just relax, and I finally got there.

One year on I don’t feel the same. I just haven’t made the effort to fit fast days into my life, and my weight has crept up. I’m away a lot ( not complaining- I know I’m fortunate to have holidays…) but it’s hard to fast on holiday. I’m not even going bonkers- I don’t have a sweet tooth, I don’t like white carbs, I don’t drink wine anymore, but I’ve just lost my mojo. Moan over. I’ve just got to pull myself together.

For @daffodil2010 & other Egg Fast novices:-

Finishing your Egg Fast, it is recommended to make a smooth transition to your normal eating. For example, on the first day after the Egg Fast, make one meal that is not a typical Egg Fast meal and keep egg fasting with all other meals. On the second day, make two non-Egg Fast meals, and so on. If you transit back to usual eating smoothly, there is less chance of suddenly gaining back all the water that was lost during the diet. There will be some unavoidable water and weight gain anyways, as you will probably regain some glycogen as well.

from
    https://www.mysweetketo.com/5-reasons-why-egg-fast-is-popular-and-successful/

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK…NFD….as usual with me.

Another warm day. Too hot to walk the dog at this time of day, has to be early and later.
    Spoke with my daughter on Skype this morning. Apparently she’s had TWO frosts recently. Normally brags about how warm the weather is in Australia, even in winter!! It’s good to catch up….hey for modern technology. Who would believe, say, 25 years ago, you could look at your daughter’s face on the other side of the world in real time while chatting.
    My eating is rather out of control because I’m home all day this week. I go back to work on Tuesday. All I hope is that my weight remains stable till then. I haven’t been able to fast for….well forever, it seems. Months?
    @EmmaTaylor, @penz @daffodil2010…I’m the same, the motivation has gone AWOL.
    How can we get it to come back?

Day 5 – Boston, USA – FD + run

Day 3&4 Recap

I didn’t post yesterday. With everyone being home for the (US) holiday I never managed to make it on to the computer. I also tracked nothing and overate and ended up undoing most of the progress I made the first few days. Again, I know the progress and the undoing are both probably more moderate than they seem. I’m still a little annoyed with myself though.

On both days, I violated pretty much all of my rules, including not snacking at random times, eating dinner with the family (I did do that yesterday), and not eating after dinner.

Didn’t exercise yesterday – I went on a bit of a decluttering bender, which feels great. Just a different kind of weight lost, right? My sunroom now looks empty, clean, and ready for me to make it into a cozy place.

@ciren2 – I think you asked about the number of miles. 18,000 steps seems to be around 8 miles for me, however, when I run for more of the distance, the step count is usually lower.

I did not run this morning, since I stayed up too late a couple of days in a row and decided sleep was more important than my morning habit (which is not a commitment yet!). I’ll probably run at the gym later today to avoid the heat.

I also started reading Gretchen Rubin’s _Better than Before_. Reading about habit building seems to keep me motivated, and she has a light, conversational tone that is easy to get through even when I am tired.

Starting the

Pocket List, Day 5
    @hedwig6

Day 5 UK NFD

Very pleased with myself for having my first dry Thursday in weeks , went for a long walk down to the seafront and we’d normally have a beer but I have to admit a lime & soda was just as nice Onwards……

Day 5, VA, USA, FD

We had about 3 big down pours of rain. Afterward when I open the door to look outside it was sooooo balmy I would have thought we lived in FL. Oh my gosh it is so damp and humid outside.

@penz – for me, I fast, because I feel better. I may not FEEL like it at the time when I’m doing my fast b/c I’ve had sugar/alcohol the day before and my body gets all fussy b/c basically I’m sugar detoxing. But over all I’m learning HOW to drink more water (which was a major problem for me) and how to realize when I just WANT something vs I’m hungry *and how to make better choices as to what to eat when basically the dragon shows up.
    @penz
    And the margaritas – I make mine strong/straight/and to the point.
    Parts
    1.5 – Tequila
    1 – cointreau (orange liquor)
    .25-.5 lime juice (to taste bassicly)

Combine in a ice filled shaker strain into a salted rim glass serve with lime wedge. If you find that this version is too much a KICK in the FACE then serve on the rocks. I like 2 big Ice cubes.

Oooop got to go teach, I’ll catch up more later.

Pocket List, Day 5
    @hedwig6
    @rabbette

Day 5 USA (Illinois) FD

Indulged and celebrated yesterday, hence FD today.

@emmataylor – Your post was so true! I am beginning to feel that maintenance is every bit as rigorous as losing was. But I do NOT want to gain back what I worked so hard to lose. You’re in the right place, and I’m sure you know it.

Pocket List, Day 5
    @hedwig6
    @rabbette
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

I see a lot of you are ready to attempt a great egg fast next week. I found this on the internet. I’m not sure if the link has been posted here before, or not.

https://www.healthline.com/nutrition/egg-fast

@hedwig6: Eight miles? That sounds quite similar to a typical town delivery on the post. One of our postmen says his app tells him he does 24,000 steps on his!! He pushes a trolley all the way too. Most of us are in and out of the van but always walking the streets and garden paths, so adds up. Rurals are more driving and less walking, so easier in that respect.
    @songbirdme: I agree with what you say….that’s why I’m always so happy to see maintainers on these challenges, because (for me) maintenance was where I lost it, and I SO admire you for keeping the weight off for so long. You and the others are an inspiration to all of us.

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@emma_taylor and @songbirdme yes, maintenance is hard going especially if like me you love food and have a big appetite and in my case a greed for robust fruity red wine 😋.
    The reason I keep going with 5:2 is that I can still enjoy food and wine and only have to really work at ‘dieting’ 2 days a week. I could lose weight with everyday calorie counting but couldn’t keep it off because boredom got the better of me. 5:2 is sustainable as long as I employ a little discipline on most NFDs.

Went to see Toy Story 4 last night, enjoyable but I preferred the previous films more….I didn’t think the new characters were as strong or funny…. but still worth seeing.

The long course weekend event takes place in south Pembrokeshire this weekend, basically a triathlon over 3 days bringing thousands of competitors and their supporters into the area which is great for the local economy. Local roads are closed for the bike ride and marathon days so we will be locked into our village….thankfully we have 2 pubs in the village so no worries 😉

Have a great Friday everyone and just keep taking it one day at a time 🤗

Day 5
    Florida
    NFD
    Well, I gained 2lbs but still keeping it under 170. Strawberries and ice cream can do me in. 🙂 Will see what happens this week. It’s been a roller coaster for me these past two weeks. I’m trying to keep my diet legal but tend to eat the more stress I become. Had my MRI and visit with GI doctor. Need to have a different CT scan to see if anything is going on. I’ll see my Urologist on Monday to see if that’s a thing to worry about. Except for the stress of worrying about these items, I feel good. Trying to focus on feeling good and that these items are just false positives. UGH!!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Day 5 – Goa, India – FD

@penz I go through the same dilemma especially on my FDs. However, I know how down and miserable I feel when I don’t fast. The last six months of not fasting gave me a whole lot of physical and emotional complications along with the guilt of not been disciplined enough. So I sat down one day and did a SWOT analysis. Now whenever I am in doubt I go back to that sheet of paper. Your why has to be yours and yours alone.

Managed to a good FD with 444 cals and a 5.40km of brisk walking. Feeling good. 🥰

Day 5 Ohio, US — NFD (66 bites)
    Day 4 — MFD

Yesterday was a good MFD, even though with the festivities in the evening I forgot to check in. Today I’ve been able to hit all my mealtime targets. I’ve been running chores and packing all day, so now I’m one bedraggled puppy.

@kaywesterman Hope you come through all the tests with flying colors! Logging in here every day seems a remarkably good way to keep stress-eating from going up through the stratosphere. At least I found that seemed to be the case with the mega-stress that hit me in April and May. There was indeed stress-eating, but definitely not as bad as in previous stress times, and I managed to stay within my maintenance range. Unfortunately at that point my dog passed away and then the Hagen-Daas hit the fan.

@missybear I take it then you’re going to be doing a “pub triathlon”? Too bad you don’t have 3 pubs in town, you could a tripubathlon! 🙂

Day 5, at cabin in red rock country, US, NFD

Late check in. Hiking and eating well. Fun times. 😊 Tomorrow we go back to the city after cleaning the cabin carefully so no critters 🐀 stop by for a visit.

See you all tomorrow! 🌼🌻🌷

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

So quiet here today?! A few people seem to be having a bit of a downer this week? Well, it’s almost over. Time to press the reset button.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

“It is health that is real wealth & not pieces of gold & silver.” Gandhi

Day 6 Pocket List
    @funshipfreddie

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Saturday everyone. I have just had a nice lie on in bed (until 7.30am 😆😆), have completed my level 3 Shred for the day, and am now enjoying coffee while checking in here.

And I feel marvellous 💃 Is is the endorphins from the HIIT? Is it a good nights sleep? Is it the coffee? is it because it’s the weekend? Whatever, I am taking it, and hoping that good vibes go out to all of you too.

@funshipfreddie, yup, I was having a downer on Thurs and Fri but it’s gone now and I am pressing that reset button and looking forward to the Great Egg Fast Challenge starting Monday!!!!

@jisika super idea re the SWOT analysis. When I stopped smoking 17 years ago I did a SWOT on all the reasons why I was stopping and I still have that piece of paper on my sock drawer….haven’t had to look at it in YEARS but it’s there…….might do one now for this WOL!

Have a great weekend everyone. I will scoop up the names for the Great Egg Fast Challenge Pocket List tomorrow so we are all raring to go on Monday.

Day 6, London, UK, NFD,
    The sun coming through the living room windows has turned it into a greenhouse, I’m not complaining since it’ll probably be snowing next week!!!

This weather means salad, salad, salad for me and lots of water, I couldn’t even think about eating chocolate in this heat, although I went to Ikea yesterday and snatched 2 packs of jelly sweets at the till ………………….. they’re gone now, so that’s one good thing!!!

I hope everyone lacking a bit of mojo finds it soon, I always find going back to basics works to reinforce my willpower, sometimes we push ourselves with ADF, B2B2B2Bs or OMAD and our bodies rebel and we get frustrated and eat a chocolate fudge cake washed down with a full bodied Shiraz!! ………………………. Ok that might just be me ………………………. But this WOL is our way of helping ourselves and a huge part of that is being kind & patient with ourselves!!!

Stay strong everyone, and keep the faith, we really HAVE got this!!!!

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply.