July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 617 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 619 total)

• Hello everyone!

It’s almost time for the July 2019 Monthly Challenge – I have volunteered to host this month’s challenge which was started in May 2016 by @coda. More than 3 years later and this challenge is still powering along.

This is an international forum full of very supportive people, some have lost great amounts of weight, some are half way there, some sitting on Mount Plateau, others are just starting their journey. What you will find here is great support, no judgement, friendships, lots of laughs, and the wonderful comradeship that comes from sharing this 5:2 Fast diet, this wonderful Way of Eating (WOE), this great Way of Life (WOL).

We are all in it for the health benefits as well as the resulting weight loss.

The usual format is to start your post with the day of the month, where you are and whether you are fasting (FD) or having a non fast day (NFD). Some may want to post that they are having a Controlled Day (CD – below TDEE), others a Liquid only Fast Day (LFD). Some have back to back (B2B) fast days.

For example, my first post will be
    Day 1 – Ireland – FD

If you start the challenge later in the month you are still always welcome. Please note that even though it might be your first day on the challenge, if its July 8th (for example) then it is Day 8. As this is a true worldwide forum it keeps us all on the same track to know what day it is – and it is fun to hear about the different lifestyles, weathers, stories and customs from all parts of the globe.

Post as often or as little as you like, but most have found that a daily post gives daily accountability and helps us toe the line whilst we are off fighting various dragons.

Through experience, trial and error, you will figure out what best fits your lifestyle and what works for you. With all of us together spurring each other on, we cannot but BE a great team together for the July 2019 challenge..

I will post the link to the spreadsheet a little later, but just wanted to get the ball rolling in plenty of time for July 2019…..

I’m in for July! Haven’t missed one since starting with @coda in May 2016. Oh so helpful even for maintenance! This bunch of fasters is fabulous.

Count me in! And thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting 🙂

@daffodil2010 – Of course I’m in for July – where would I be without this WOL or this forum???

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.” Unknown

@daffodil2010 thanks for hosting July, I’m in!

Count me in for July too! Hopefully I’ll just be doing maintenance, or close to it. Thanks for hosting, @daffodil2010.

@daffodil2010, please count me in for July. Definitely need the accountability!

Count me in @daffodil2010. Thanks for hosting July! 🌻🌼⚘

I just started FD this week, and excited to be part of this group. Since I am new to the regime, I will need a little bit of coaching from all of you experts, so please add me to your team. I look forward to starting this journey with you. Thank you!

I’m new.
    Not the first time I’ve done the FD, but the first time I’ve joined the forum. I was at maintenance but got a bit sloppy and now I’m up quite a bit more than I’m comfortable with. This is the only protocol that works for me this close to ideal weight. I’ve tried so many but this is the one that actually produces results. My scale just sits there like a rock and doesn’t move with anything else.

Hormones are killing me right now. So I’m trying to survive fasting days without making everyone else miserable so I could really use the support. I will be MIA the 3rd-7th due to a camping trip and no internet, so I’ll be unable to post. I’ll just have to catch up.

Looking forward to joining you all when the challenge starts, though I’ve already been running my program for 1.5 weeks.

Welcome @swimmer44 and @stardustdream to the July challenge. Plenty of advice and tips from this group so stay with us and hop on board that wagon come Monday July 1st!

Welcome back @songbirdme, @michelinme, @at, @snowflake56, @funshipfreddie, @betsylee, @redrockgirl302, @

Thank you for hosting July @daffodil2010!
    Please count me in😊

First timer…looking for a change and need the accountability!

Thank you @daffodil2010 for offering to herd us over the July period. Count me in! It’ll be a BIG reset for me!

Hi @daffodil2010

I have set up the July spreadsheet for you on this link – hopefully it works

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ICHws6iTY_qmbWP-LXPF0IGCG7OqRkn-6MY1FN6qlV8/edit?usp=sharing

🤗

Hey @daffodil2010,

I’m breathing a sigh of relief, thanks for taking up the baton.

I would love to join you again for a challenge, there’ll be a 2 week holiday in the middle, but I’ll do my best to add a negative number to the months’ tally!!!

Count me in please. First timer on the forum, done 5:2 since May last year and lost over 5kg. Doing two fast days with calorie counting on the other five. Weekends and evening treats are my downfall.

@at do we add ourselves to the spreadsheet?

Thank you!

Hello (again!)

I would like to join you all for the July Challenge.

I have tried 5:2 before with some success but….LIFE

25 years of dieting is getting me down. I turned 50 a couple of weeks ago and feel I need to take some action. I’m an emotional eater though and try to eat my worries away – it doesn’t work!

Eating has never helped;
    – my daughters do well in exams
    – looked after my daughters on their travels and night outs
    – eased my workload at work
    – solved family problems
    – given me more time
    – fixed a broken boiler
    – made someone I love who is sick better
    – mended a broken heart

You get the picture!

But….when I’m committed I really am! So, I hope joining the challenge will help me sort my head out and keep me focused.

I have a lot to loose so I am aiming at doing 4:3 Mon-Thurs B2B (always easier when I’m at work!)and ease up a bit at the weekend.

I’m not expecting miracles but I’m in this for the long haul as not liking this Fat at 50 business so TIME FOR ACTION!!!!

Actually looking forward to getting started!

Thank you Daffodil2010 for hosting.

@daffodil2010 – thank you and count me in for July 🙂

@at thank you sooooooo much for setting up the spreadsheet. You are a super star in so many ways 🌟

Welcome to the newcomers @jod10p, @donkeyshorn….you are starting at the right place, so hop on board that wagon. Do feel free to add yourself to the sheet if you want to, there are no rules, this spreadsheet is for us all to keep ourselves accountable, some use it, others don’t, you will find the way for you.

And hey to the regulars @georgia83, @debster251, @at, @flourbaby, @annemarilyn, and welcome back @yo-yo Fletch.

Less than 4 days to go before the July Challenge is ON 🚴

@daffodil2010 thanks for hosting! I’m in.

USA

See you all in July! I’m in! Thanks Daffodil2010 for hosting!

Ireland

New to the forum, not new to intermittent fasting. Here for accountability and to shift my last 3kg!

July will be difficult for me because I will be on holiday in croatia for the first two weeks. Food is the easy part…. it’s the alcohol that will test me!

See you in July.

I would like to join in! New to this woe! Looking forward to Monday!

Hello everyone! Thanks for hosting @daffodil2010.

I’m in for another month. So nice to see some new faces!

I’m planning on doing Dry July in addition to normal 5:2. This will be the bigger challenge for me. Who will join me?

I’ll be on the July forum too…..if still only chasing the wagon. Thanks for having me @daffodil2010 and for hosting July.
    Wow, to think, these challenges have gone non-stop since May 2016!

Morning @daffodil2010 Count me on for July please

@penz Not sure I can commit to a month but definitely cutting down big style so I’ll join you until Friday and then I’ll rethink x

I’m in! Thanks for hosting, @daffodil2010!

In June, I had a hard time following through on my commitment on FDs. So July is all about (re)building my discipline muscle.

Here’s what I struggle with:
    – Not following through on my FDs
    – Snacking on junk food, alone, instead of having meals
    – Overeating after dinner at night – using food to wind down at the end of a long day
    – Not eating enough whole foods

For July, I’d like to commit to improving the first three of these (which I think will automatically improve the fourth). I will:

– Follow through on FDs I commit to here
    – Eat only at sit-down meals
    – Eat dinner with my kids, and eat what I am serving them
    – Not eat at all after dinner

My plan for FDs is to fast until dinner and eat it with the family. My plan for CDs is to skip breakfast (except coffee) and eat lunch and dinner. NFDs have no plan, except to follow the rules above. I hope this plan is concrete enough to give me some measure of accountability.

I also have some bonus activity goals for July, including running 32 miles, strength training twice a week, and doing yoga once a week. I don’t want to commit to too much, so these are just nice-to-haves. If I get my July items above in order, I’ll move some of these to the commitment category in August.

Good luck for July, everyone!

Can’t imagine not being a part of this lovely group. Thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting this month and including me on the spreadsheet. I look forward to maintaining and continuing this WOL with you all!

Please count me in for July. I’ve lost the plot in the last few months but hoping to hang on in there. Happy Sunday all.

@penz: I will join you in Dry July! 😊

@penz and @redrockgirl302 – I will join you for a Dry July at home but will most likely enjoy a glass of wine when I’m out

Looking forward to pressing my RESET button tomorrow with an active FD

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

@daffodil2010 thanks for hosting July….please count me in.

Day 1, Canberra, FD

What better way to start the month that with a FD!

Sounds like you have a workable plan for the month @hedwig6. I would suggest also committing to posting here every day. We can help hold your hand and keep you on track.

Count me in @daffodil2010 thank you for being our host!

@hedwig6 – I have found planning out my FDs very helpful. My way to approach a FD is to drink water throughout the entire morning and maybe black coffee. Then save all the calories for supper – which lately I have been loving broth with fresh cut veggies and a dash of salt & pepper.

Feel free to make supper more eleboarte – but in general having a game plan is good, plan out your supper/day with fasting and it can be much easier to stick to the plan.

I also plan out suppers that I can feed other folks, and on my plate I just add more veggies and less of the heavy hitting calories (if I happened to had made something more decadent.)

What I have noticed, is that others start asking where are their veggies (so Its a win all the way around 😉

Hi, I would like to included, it’s my first time using the forum. Thanks 😀

Day 1 in most of the world.

Please count me in for this month. My basic goal is to get into maintenance range. The ideal would be to wind up back where I was in April before all the big stresses.
    With any luck I’ll be relocating this month, so probably the basic goal is the more reasonable of the two. But ideal goal would be very nice also!

Have a great start of the work week!

Day 1 second post

The most important thing of all: Thank you Daffodil2010 for hosting this month!!!

Day 1 NZ FD
    Hi daffodil2010, I’m in for July, didn’t have a great June and put back on some of the weight I had previously lost. Was going to give the July month challenge a miss, but after reading some of the end of the month posts in the June challenge, decided that even if I didn’t do great, hearing about everyone elses struggles and perseverance made me to want to stick with it. This WOL works, I know that, I just have to do it!

Day 1 – Melbourne Aus – FD

I’m in for July! Thanks for hosting @daffodil2010 !!

A bit about me, I’m a 31 yo female in Melbourne, working as an engineer in rail construction, and busily trying to renovate a house so my DH and I can move out of the parents place – hoping for Christmas this year!

My 5:2 journey started in November 2017 at 75kg (a weight my body just kept gravitating towards – and at 176cm right at the upper end of what’s considered a healthy BMI), and I hit my initial goal weight of 68-69kg without too much trouble by November 2018 which also coincided with my wedding. Have been dancing about 1kg above my goal weight for the last few months.

Last three days have been EFS, and it’s going to be a challenging month – flying to Adelaide tomorrow to care for my grandma all week, she can’t really be left on her own anymore, and I tend to eat my feelings, so I anticipate it being a struggle.

On the plus side I’m almost in the clear to go back to F45, so will spend the week challenging myself to at-home workouts, and go for some shorter jogs around the block.

Will also try and log in here daily for the abundant support that is this forum!

Goal for July is to maintain at 70kg (and ideally hit the 69kg mark!) and get back into my workouts – I’ve used my injuries as an excuse to not workout, rather than doing what I can.

Good luck to everyone in July!

Pocket List Day 1:
    @gretta
    @penz

Day 1, Emden Germany (being Dutch), CD

Hi old friends and new ones!

My journey so far:

I’m a Dutchwoman (from Limburg in the South) living in the North of Germany, married, 63 y.o, 163 cm/5’4 tall. My weight was 56 kg/126.5lbs all my adult life until starting a new job in 2011 where my weight crept up to 72.9 kg. I read the book and joined the challenges from March 2017 on. I lost 20 kg very quickly (a bit too skinny then), retired in April 2018 and maintenance became a struggle. I lost motivation and gained almost 10 kg, weight this morning 58.3 kg/128.5lbs, only 0.3kg/0.6lbs away from being back in maintenance.

Wishing everyone a good start in this new month and a nice day!

Day 1 – Australia – FD
    Ex-pat American living in Australia for the past 14 years.
    Six years ago in July I topped out at 146.5 lbs and went on a vegetarian low-carb diet. It worked and by December I was around my goal weight of 125. I kept my weight there for the next seven months but by July 2014 (What’s with July?) the weight was very slowly creeping up again. I fluctuated up and down over the past five years but recently found myself hovering over 140 and was frustrated with the restraints of the low-carb diet, especially for a vegetarian.
    I decided to give 5:2 a go last month and I’m pleased with the results so far, down to 135 from 142. Hello cheekbones! This month’s challenge (and the inspiration to start the 5:2 diet) is a week’s holiday on Bali so looking forward to the support of this group.

2nd post:

I’m going to try for 2 FD’s this week, but given I’ll be in adelaide looking after my gran (who’s macedonian, and would be abhorred to think I was ever going hungry…!) will just see how it unfolds, maybe do 2 CD’s instead.

Day 1 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Starting the new month with a FD and aiming to stay comfortably within my maintenance weight range. Wishing us all a successful challenge. Happy Monday everyone.

Day 1, Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Welcome to July everyone.
    I’m a 65 year old postlady, doing the deliveries for Royal Mail five days a week. As it happens I have a week off this week, so can stay in bed a bit later and generally relax! Problem is that I tend to eat more at home….
    I am married (32 years this month). DH is retired and used to be a postman. Guess how we met! We have a grown up daughter who, for the last six months, has been living/working in Australia…near Melbourne. She’s a dairy research scientist, out on the farms. It’s a three year contract for her, she loves Australia. We also have a small rescue dog. We live in the Cotswolds in South-West England.

My 5;2 story was initially one of great success. In 2016, when these challenges started, I lost ALL my excess weight for the first time in 25 years….but then struggled with maintenance. Since then I have mostly hung around hoping to regain that inspiration/motivation to get back there.
    This is a great forum and I feel that many of you are long-term friends.

Day 1 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

A new month already. Welcome everyone to July and off we go.

I am 52, female, petite at 5’2, and was slim for most of my life until I stopped smoking in Feb 2002. That is still the best health decision I have ever made, however, slowly weight started to creep on. My highest was 175lbs. I have been in WeightWatchers numerous times, losing half a pound a week if I was lucky, soul destroying. I had success with the Dukan Diet. Losing 50lbs, but could not maintain and put back on 30lbs.

I found 5:2 and this forum in July 2017, so it’s my two year anniversary here. I have lost the 30lbs, but reaquired 10 since Dec 18 and have been bouncing around trying to get rid.

I had a great 4 day egg fast last week…..but then my husbands 50th birthday weekend took place…need I say more?

I will check in later this evening and scoop up all the entrants for July but in the meantime…..Together We Are Stronger!!

Pocket List Day 1
    @gretta
    @penz
    @wacm
    @Winsome Waif
    @missybear
    @daffodil2010

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I’m having a well-deserved NFD today, after doing 4:3 & ADF for the whole of June. I just want to lose half a kilo this month, and then figure out how many FDs per week I need to do to maintain.

@johnnyr – congrats on completing the 20km run! Wow? Just the thought of walking that far tires me out!

Wishing everyone a happy & successful July Challenge

“If you really want to do something, you’ll find a way. If you don’t, you’ll find an excuse.” – Jim Rohn

Day 1, Scotland, FD

first timer using this support network.

Tried 2 fast days over the last two weeks, day ones were ok and days two’s not so successful! New month and feeling focussed…….

Day 1, London, UK, FD

Hello Oldies & Welcome newbies – “BEST DECISION EVER”, just so you know, everything is easier with friendship & support & there’s lots of that right here!!!!

A little about me – I’m a civil engineer, hanging onto my mid-40’s……………. just, started this WOL Nov ’16 (at 194.4lbs) & joined this lovely group in Jan ’17, downwards is the usual direction, but the bouncy-bouncy scales are ever present & there have been a few ‘willpower sucking’ plateaus. I’m starting this challenge at 153.6lbs and would love to get below 150 by the end of July …………………. BUT ………………….. I’ve a 2 week holiday from the 12th so maintenance might be a more realistic aim for July!!!

I’ll continue to get to grips with the carb-dragon and as always; aspire to follow the footsteps of @at & @songbirdme who are in maintenance and have been for YEARS!!!

Cheesy tuna salad for my OMAD today, at least the heat is suppressing my appetite!!!

Day 1 – Ireland – FD

Thanks @daffodil2010 for hosting July I’m in …
    Generally at this time of year things derail for me, summer ice creams, summer drinks, and this has already unhappiness over this summery weekend while away with family.
    I’ve spent my life between Ireland and France, living in Ireland now and spend a lot of my time in the UK.
    The first challenge I joined was October 2017…and I’ve been intermittently fasting in all senses of that phrase since but I am committed right now to check in regularly for 2019.
    I used to bob around 12-13 stone and had never gone much below 12st but I’m now happily at the higher end of 11/12. I would ideally would like to get to 11 + 1/2 stone this year if I can.. I’m very active, very muscular but carry weight in my hips and tummy.. unfortunately weight comes off my face first…
    I love being outdoors even in our lovely Irish weather and cycle lots, walk, hike and play tennis regularly.
    I’d like to find time for Pilates and strength & conditioning but life is already so busy with full time work, elderly and failing parents and my family and friends and lately some other issues that reared their head end May…
    I’m pretty much staying away from alcohol and sugar as much as I can… but I am very easily led particularly when I’m out with friends so will never be off either completely but it’s going well in my opinion – and that’s ALL that counts… no-one else has my life or my body and they can “hold their whisht” as we might say here
    I’m so very glad to be here with you all and very grateful for your support when things are tough .
    I hit an ATL recently in June and was thrilled nuit I’ve bobbed back up again to 165 lbs but absolutely not surprised… this is the problem wIth good weather and me… 🍦 🍻 …
    So I AM starting July off with a good one 💪
    Well done to all those who really made June count 👏 . I’ll be doing the same with July having glimpsed my recent ATL 👍
    Thanks again @penz for hosting last month! And @daffiodil2010 for offering to do the same in July 👍 we really couldn’t keep the challenges going without hosts who keep us on the straight and narrow … 👏
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply.