July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 617 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 19 posts - 601 through 619 (of 619 total)

• Day 31 Melb Aust NFD

Last day of the month. Thanks so much @daffodil2010 for hosting July, and great that @ktcaroline is hosting August. I put my hand up for October, so there is still need for a September host.

This month has been fairly static. Weight’s been a bit up and down, but no major dramas either way. Expect my weigh-in tomorrow morning will show I’ve gained a bit, but it will be less than 1 kg. Resetting for August when the weather will start warming up a bit here.

Onward and downwards we go!

Day 31 UK ?FD

Not done a FD for a while and yesterday’s CD turned into a bit of an EFS. Working late, getting tired and wandering round the house feeling All Mouth…

@flourbaby Welcome back! I love your ‘found’. I also ‘found’ some lentil chips on the way home yesterday and ate the whole bag … all 486 calories of them! It’s as tho i play Russian roulette with them… if they’re out of stock the decision is taken out of my hands, if they’re in stock the battle begins. Tho somedays it’s no problem at all.

Going to finish the month as well as I can today, and refresh for August. It’s been a surprisingly good month considering I’ve not been mindful of 5:2 and have had some significant indulgences, a holiday & a weekend conference and managed to lose weight both times. Touched under 140 for the first time in 15 years! SO even if I go back up, I know it will be possible to get to 60kg/133lb.

HUGE thanks @daffodil2010 for keeping us going, holding the fort while all around disappeared on holiday, took breaks, said goodbye. You’ve been a star. And your regular posts have felt like a coffee catchup with an old friend. TYVM xx

Let’s make today a day of gentle wise choices – just because we can! 🙂

Day 31 – Reading UK – CD

Well, there’s plenty of room for improvement here. I can’t say I’ve done a proper FD all month, although I was on hols for part of it, and ill for another. So maybe it was the best I could do. Anyway, I’m focused for August, and keen to be a good host. Huge THANKS to @daffodil2010 for keeping us all on the straight and narrow in July. Onwards and downwards fasters!

Day 31 Atlanta, Ga- USA Last Day of the month!!! See you all in August!!!

Day 31, VA, USA, FD B2B2B

Good FD yesterday with 1 heck of a delicious meal for supper of salmon and lightened up (as in calories) Baked jalapeño poppers. I replaced the full fat cream cheese with this new/interesting version of cream cheese I found blended with greek yogurt. It was a lot softer to use and lower in calories. Then there WAS 1/3 slices of bacon on top. Oh my gosh. AND we had a good portion (9 each 1/2 slices) of those cheesy bacon poppers. (which would be 4 1/2 jalapeños (each) cut in 1/2 to make 9) I made them like little boats.

I thought for sure after that many cheese bacon poppers I would not have lost weight in the morning but I did! So yay body and mind for staying on track.

@daffodil2010 – Many thanks for hosting a great month with us!

@penz – I too did find at least one benefit to the egg fast, if you are having trouble fasting and feeling hungry… then the egg fast can help with great transition. I found after the last time I did it, I had a very easy 2 day EFD then a super easy WFD the third day as I was not hungry at all.

@matip – its been interesting I’ve wanted something else after my dinner on FDs and was blanking that I had some beautiful fruit. Last night I shared a mango with my sweetheart and I swear right after the fruit I feel so good and satisfied. (It was a dang good mango to boot!)

@yo-yo fletch – Love what your DD said… Yes a steady loss even a small loss over all for the month is awesome. Like I said, I notice my rhythm now is a decent/big loss month followed by a small loss month. Celebrate you are still doing it!

Pocket list Day 31 – The Final Countdown
    @daffodil2010
    @penz
    @winsome-waif
    @funshipfreddie
    @yo-yo
    @rabbette

@daffodil2010: Many, many thanks for being our lovely host this month xx

@penz: Well, my mojo has gone on extended leave….but, hey-ho. Let’s see if it might come back during August, eh?

See you all there xx

Day 31, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Thank you for hosting our July challenge @daffodil2010 💐. I am sad that I have been mostly absent. I am still taking care of my elderly friends and I have to eat with them whenever they eat. Otherwise they become upset. I think I gained 5 pounds or more. I need to restart IF and 5:2. I don’t know how I will manage it. But I have to get rid of the accumulated pounds before leaving for Austria at the end of September.
    Hope you are all well. Miss my 5:2 friends.

Have a good Wednesday! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 31. Canada

Hello everyone. I’ve been part of this group somme time ago. It was so helpfull and friendly that I would like to hop back on bord with you.
    Can I ….. please !!! Lol

Québécoise

Day 31 California NFD

Thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting this month. I have been very bad at posting but stuck to my fast days consistently and I was reading most of the posts.

This was the month I reached my goal weight and am starting to navigate what maintenance will look like. I think I have settled on an almost everyday 16/8 fasting/eating window with a weekly weigh in to judge wether I also need to add in a fast day now and then.

Hopefully those of you who haven’t yet reached your goal will continue your successful weight loss journey and get there in the next few months.

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

Probably overate yesterday, and might again today — doing a little celebrating our 50 years of marriage. Champagne and wine… oh well, it’s the endof the month and hopefully will get back on track completely in the next couple days.

Thanks so much @daffodil2010 for your terrific hosting this month! Keeping on keeping on. See you all over on August!

Onward and downward.

Day 31 second post

@songbirdme 50th anniversary – WOW!! Huge congratulations! x

Day 31/1 NZ FD
    Thank you @daffodil2010 for hosting this month, I am probably the worse at posting, but I do read all the comments and get heaps of support through everyone’s posts. Thank you all for keeping me on track – total lost 3.2 kg this month. Onto August with high hopes of continuing – with all your help.

It’s actually 1 Aug this side of the world, but as today was weigh in, I just wanted to record for July’s sake a 1.9kg loss for the month. Not as much as I would hope, but in the spirit of @yo-yo, at this rate, that will be about 24 kg per year. Which I am more than happy about.

And – even more self-patting on the back. Yesterday afternoon I received a decision from the boss at work which I did not agree with, and which meant I was going to have to have a very difficult conversation with a staff member. I was not sure the best way to approach it and evil-inner-voice suggested pizza and a bottle of wine would help. However, 5:2-inner-nice-voice reminded me that I would love myself more in the morning if I had stuck with my planned EFD and I would be very disappointed with myself if I succumbed. I had the ricotta omlette for dinner and a camomile tea, and woke up happy with myself. Great way to end the month.

Thanks agin for hosting this month @daffodil2010!

Final post

Still on the plateau but a loss of 4.2lbs from the start of the month. Delighted with that. Just need to get beyond the plateau of + or – 7lbs and maybe August will be that month.

It has been a pleasure hosting you this month, and great to hear the final posts just coming in, great work all.

See you all in August 😊

Final Post

Total loss of 1.1kgs for July. I’m happy; puts my BMI at a healthy 21.4. I just need to navigate maintenance now.

Thanks to our host @daffodil2010 & to everyone else for sharing your experiences & knowledge of the 5:2 WOL. Best wishes to everyone who continues with the Challenge into August!

Final Check-in

@daffodil2010, thank-you for hosting this month, it’s been a good one for me, considering there was a 2 week holiday in the middle, as I end this month +1.2lbs from my July 1st weigh-in!!!

I was worried & thought I might have needed an egg-fast to shift the holiday baggage, but a couple of normal FDs are doing their thing as usual ……………………………. I really love this WOL & I’m kicking myself for even considering the egg fast when I really don’t like eggs …………………. This reminds me of the days I would crash diet and jeopardise my health for no reason!!! I must remember FASTING WORKS!!!!

See y’all on the August challenge!!!

Final July Post

Well it has been a month of downs and then a surprise up, weighed in this morning 5lbs or 2.26kgs lighter – well short of my target!

On reflection, I’m happy with this. It has, however, made me realise that going forward I should set myself more modest realistic monthly targets.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Thank you @daffodil for hosting July.

Onwards…..

Day 31+1 Melb Aust

Last post for July. Gain of nearly a kg, but with all the health challenges of the month, I see that as a victory. Looking forward to a much better August, and hope to see everyone there.

Thanks again Daffodil2010 for hosting us.

Day 31 – USA – NFD

@songbirdme, congrats on a milestone not too many people reach and many happy returns! @daffodil2010, thanks so much for hosting in July! @ktcaroline, thanks for volunteering to host in August…please count me in as I am still maintaining. @Rafikki44, I remember when you used to post daily and welcome back!

Viewing 19 posts - 601 through 619 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply.