July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2019 – Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 617 replies, has 56 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 619 total)

• Day 20 second post

@ciren2, most Aussie mail within country takes about the same time, though we call it “express mail”, not 1st class, for next day delivery. Remember that from one side of Australia to the other is further than the width of Europe, so that’s not too bad. From outside the country, though, it’s a lot more variable. Average from overseas is 10-12 days, but it can take more or less, and some really odd delays occasionally.

And that’s enough about mail; I need my “beauty sleep”, at midnight here.

Day 20 USA FD

Have a great time, Daffidol 2010, on your first van trip! You and your husband have been working on the van for so long, that I think you first outing will be in the lap of luxury! Enjoy!

I haven’t been around much this month but I had to drop in and give an atta girl to Daffidol! I have been lurking in the background and reading everyone’s posts. The egg fast was fascinating, so I adopted it as part of my vegetarian diet I am doing now to ensure I have enough protein!

Have a gray day everyone!

USA Day 20 FD

Oooops! Have a great day everyone!

Day 20 UK NFD

Posting for accountability as in danger of turning into EFS today! Good FD yesterday, had that lovely shrinking fat suit feeling..:)

Woke feel more energised despite being short of sleep, and with that DAFD satisfaction. Weighed in at 140.5lb… almost at goal again. Out v early for monthly community gathering which includes breakfast. Began with some of my homemade vegan oat bread, yogurt with blueberries and … topped up with chocolate rice crispies! I always seem to put on weight by relaxing AFTER i’ve got thru time i expected to be challenging. Note to self: don’t have sugar for breakfast if you want to stay focused and happy for the day!

Foraged lots of wild plums on the way home 🙂 put 1kg in to freeze for chutneys, and making a quick plum & ginger jam with the other 500g. What’s not to love 🙂

Going to be a v hot week and need to get back into project mode… today is all about self care and sabbath rest, tomorrow is community day. Sleep, salads, structure – plus lots of water and meal planning. Here goes, post-holiday mode.

@daffodil2010 hope you have a fabulous time in your camper van
    @ciren2 glad you stayed dry today!

whatever the day brings, make time to make wise choices

Day 20- USA (NE TN)-NFD

I have been entirely on-plan with my FDs and NFDs but I’ve been entirely and ridiculously busy running kids everywhere and coming down with the cold/flu-ish thing. The virus has been kind of lazy with me so far but I still feel “blurgh.” I hope it just stays low-key. Just as much running teens places but in different ways this coming week. And then the next weekend we have a 3 day camping trip.

Hoping to see that daughter’s exam scores have posted on Tues (the earliest they are likely to be available.) So I can register her before the class gets filled. I know, I know. I’m like a dog worrying a bone until something is settled. LOL!

I’m off to catch up on what I’ve missed with everyone.

Day 20 Ohio, US — MFD
    Day 19 — NFD

Yesterday what with the packing all day and the heat I made the mistake of buying a box of ice cream sandwiches to help cool off. I certainly did cool off and by 9 pm had consumed the whole box. So today is an MFD to help compensate.

Thanks, everyone, for the good wishes about the house. Because the buyers have been slow in the process, there are now 19 days til closing when I have to be out of this house. It turns out that weekends are not the best time for apartment hunting (and especially during a heat warning), so tomorrow afternoon I’ll be going to the new area and will start on Monday looking at places to stay. Hopefully I’ll find something in one or two days. Then I can make the final arrangements with the movers and then move! Things will definitely be busy. I’m going to make Monday a FD, something that I don’t usually do when I’m travelling. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

@stardustdream Hope that you shake that virus before it develops at all. And may your daughter have good luck with the exam scores!

@michelinme There is a doctor, Daniela Jakubobowicz, who has done some research on the best time of the day to take sweet food. According to her the best time is breakfast. So that’s usually when I have fruit with homemade granola and/or porridge. On the other hand, I’ve found that if I eat too much sweet food for breakfast (i.e. cake or a danish), the sugar monster stays active all day. For me it’s a fine balance to eat just the right amount of something low glycemic at breakfast. Usually that’s the only meal during the day where I can take any sweet food with relative impunity.

Day 21 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Had a good FD yesterday; I’m just half a kilo off my new goal of 69kgs. I’m sure I’ll get there, so long as I don’t buy any more Toblerones.

Most of South Africa is having a cold spell right now. Fasting is definitely tougher during cold weather, for some reason. I feel like hibernating 🧤🧣

Here we go – into the last 10 days. Let’s make them count! ⚖

Day 21: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD (what?……AGAIN!)

At least I’m not gaining weight. I seem to have a kind of equilibrium…..generally I eat a good breakfast (most of you would say large) then nothing (except a few squares of 85% chocolate) at work around 8am, then nothing at all until I get home around 2-ish and stuff myself on the same selection of foods (in the same order) for about an hour. Not all are unhealthy, but there ARE certainly too many sweet courses! If I’m good, I won’t eat anything else until breakfast next day.
    I weigh at the low end of 63kg currently….but for my (short) height 53kg would be better!
    One day…I WILL get back on the wagon.

We have the Fairford International Air Tattoo nearby during this weekend. When DD was in this country until last year, we used to meet up and spend the day at a park & view. I love the fast jets and the large planes, the Red Arrows etc.
    Concorde was my very favourite plane, but we didn’t live here when it was flying, it did it’s test flights around this area from Bristol years ago. The main test-pilot has his former home in the nearby town where I deliver the mail. There is a plaque on the gate post!

Day 21 country west Australia NFD
    Day 15 FD
    Days 16 – 21 NFD
    Hopefully another FD tomorrow

Day 21 USA (Illinois) NFD (well, CD)

We in the Midwest love to complain about our weather, but not today. I love all the seasons, but our last heat wave was really oppressive. Ate too much popcorn yesterday, so will really have to control myself today.

@ciren2 – loved your comments about the Concorde. My DH loved it so much, we took a week’s vacation to Barbados to watch it land and take off (twice) during the plane’s last season of flying. God even saw fit to put us on the same snorkeling day-trip boat with the pilot and his wife! (Those two men talked the whole trip.) They would fly in and out of Barbados only on Saturdays, but would trade pilots, so they got to stay for a week’s vacation. We loved Barbados in general, but that was a highlight.

Onward and downward.

@songbirdme: Just WOW! how fantastic! My mum once went on one of those day-trips they used to do with Concorde, if I remember rightly, she flew out to Cairo and back….just so she could say she’d actually flown on that brilliant plane. They also used to do trips over the Bay of Biscay.

Day 22, Aus, FD and reset day!

Made delish cassoulet. Said to OH that it was really decadent of us to eat the whole lot by ourselves – surely we could share with friends? – but we greedily decided to be selfish in our enjoyment of leftovers for days to come.

I also had a giggle at your desire to work out the camper set up away from prying eyes, @daffodil2010. How did it all go?

I can’t remember what you did with Mick while taking care of your friends, @Redrockgirl. Is he around too administering calming doggy happiness?

Thanks for all the well wishes re my flu/cold. I’m feeling MUCH better but my colleagues (who seem to have had it before me) warn that lingering symptoms hang around for up to 4 weeks. That doesn’t seem fair!

Good luck with the house hunting @matpi. I don’t envy you such a short turn around time to be out of your old place and into a new, but cross fingers the right place pops up for you.

Day 22 country west Australia FD

Day 22 – Japan – WFD #54

I’m still fasting but things are a mess right now. I just keep plugging away.

Day 22: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD:

@dykask: I’d noticed you’ve been absent awhile. Sorry to hear of your troubles….stay with us, and I hope things improve for you…..our water-fast inspirational hero!

Up early for a new week at work. They keep saying it’s going to be very HOT this week…I hope not too hot. Delivering mail in ALL weathers can be a challenge!
    See you later xx

Day 22 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Stay strong my fellow Monday fasters 😊

Day 22 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Had a super time on our inaugural trip in the camper. The lakeside campsite was lovely, just a few families in tents dotted about, only 1 other camper, so we were able to pitch up right on the lakeshore with an unimpeded view of the lake and all its wildlife.

And when night fell it was so dark but magical. Everything worked well, a couple of things to change, and definitely need to figure out what goes where for storage, but a great time. We will head away again in another week or so when we have the solar panels up.

Thanks everyone @betsylee, @michelinme, @penz for your good wishes. Hey @ccco it’s so great to hear from you and thanks for the virtual pat on the back. It was luxury alright, we really loved it. How are you enjoying being a grandmother? ☺️

Good to hear from you too @dykask and I hope things settle down for you. As @ciren2 said it is good to hear from our inspirational fasters such as you and those maintaining well such as @missybear

I hope I don’t botch today’s FD as I haven’t got anything prepared as too late back last night. I will get a salad in the shop at lunchtime and maybe have an omelette for dinner (eggs now play a part in FD).

So guys, we are on the final stretch, just 9 days. Let’s try to do this.

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz

2nd post

So guys, we are on the final stretch, just 9 days. Let’s try to do this.

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear

Day 22 – Melbourne Aus – FD

Had a lovely weekend, relatively low sugar, though had a bit more to drink than I had planned. Tried my hand at plastering over the weekend, sanding the coats of plaster is very good exercise indeed.

Very headachy today, had some salt and plenty of water and herbal tea, will try and push through with the FD – whilst being a bit kind to myself and listening to my body.

Had a small can of tuna in springwater and a carrot as my afternoon snack, plus a tea with a dash of milk, has hit the spot and headache is not unbearable anymore. Chicken and veg soup for dinner – nice and warming in this chilly weather!

Back over to Adelaide on Wednesday so will aim for a FD, but be satisfied with a CD if things dont work out. Just have to take it as it comes, and be happy with healthy choices.

@michelinme hopefully you manage to get some relief soon – sounds very painful indeed. I was able to spend almost a whole week with her a couple of weeks ago which was lovely. She has sadly taken a turn, but I’m back there in an couple of days to help care for her at home.

@daffodil2010 Sounds like the trip was a total success! Very exciting to be able to test it all out!

@redrockgirl302 your friends are lucky to have you. I am in a similar position and it’s not easy – take care of yourself, FD’s will be there when you are ready. Big hugs x

@ciren2 that sounds HORRIBLE!!!! I hate the rain, so I don’t envy you at all.

@dykask hang in there, hope all is ok. Remember, this too shall pass – we’ll get through to the other side.

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear
    @gretta

Day 22 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie

Day 22 UK FD

Reset FD after sugar crept into my weekend. Community lunch yesterday and the nuts & gf biscuits snuck in, despite mindfully resisting fudge and other ‘goodies’

Finding myself tired & grumpy post-holiday, pinging between really enjoying being around people and really resenting more being demanded of me than I have to give… definitely a time for resetting boundaries and working out how I pace myself. Friend broke down on her way to visit last night and sorry to miss her but also delighted with speed-tidied home & unexpected bath & early night 🙂

Need to be more focussed while playing catch up… have made a pasta salad with red lentil pasta and that’ll be my OMAD. Also found some Himalayan pink salt in food emporium aisle of supermarket so will try that out later on. Due to be 28C this afternoon then up to 32C the next couple of days… definitely time for drinking lots of water and staying in the cool when possible.

@matpi really interesting, thank you. Good luck with your packing up and house-moving… sounds like a huge amount to do in a short time!
    @ciren2 certainly we’re due a heatwave in London – 32C for much of the next couple of days, but i see it’s forecast to be quite variable across the country… will be especially mindfful of posties x
    @daffodil2010 sounds like a really wonderful first outing -all the hard work pays off now 🙂
    @dykask sorry you are struggling and hope today is a good WFD
    @gretta thanks – seems to be beginning to ease with gentle exercises, rest and conservative movement… well done with the plastering! v glad you are able to take the time to be with your gran x

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme

Go for it fellow fasters…. the last 3rd of the month is a great time to make a fresh start. Every day is a new beginning… x

Day 22 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Busy weekend with not much time for meal prep so found myself consuming lots of bread (!) – need to be more organised on busy days. Had a carb overload on Sat and ended up in a Carb Coma on Sat evening (aaargh!!!) felt so sluggish and lethargic afterwards – must try harder on NFDs!

Anyway, happy to be on a FD today and will stick to 500cals. If I can get my FDs right first then I can concentrate on getting my NFDs right.

Love reading everyone’s posts, helps keep me on the straight and narrow.

Happy Monday fasting fasters 🙂

Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @yo-yo

Day 22 – Australia – FD
    First FD in almost two weeks due to DDs’ birthday, work travel and holiday in Bali. I am no longer 6 pounds off my goal weight but I’m not fretting. I had a wonderful time and the food was fantastic. I had doubts about whether I could get back into the swing of a FD but with going back to work and a quick restock yesterday of healthy choices, it wasn’t that hard. With only nine days left to get to my July goal weight I don’t know if it’s possible but I’m hanging in there with all of you. The trip to Bali was the motivation for starting 5:2 and now that it’s over will I stay motivated? I hope so. Off to bed. The red-eye flight home was a shocker.

Day 22, Melb Aust NFD
    Day 21 TDEE, Day 20 TDEE

After a great weigh-in Saturday morning, things went a bit haywire, so the next 4 days will be B2B2B2B, to turn things around now I’m finally getting over the flu/asthma. I did lose some weight over the past week, but indulged in a lush doughnut or 2 most days for more than a week (part of not being able to cook, so I bought meals, plus – unfortunately, snacks). As a consequence, blood tests Friday showed my blood cholesterol has risen to 5.9, slightly above normal, and my triglycerides (which reveal the carb indulgences) are now abnormal at 2.6. Not sure what my doctor will say when I see him this week, but I am not going on Lipitor to lower my cholesterol! And doughnuts are now on the “do not eat” list. The B2B2B2B will get me back on track.

@daffodil2010, glad the trial run of the van went well.

Day 22 – Ireland – NFD started as FD… epic fail 👎

My sporadic posting goes on this month…
    weekend was a mix of good food and some binging but no alcohol… that’s four dry weeks which is great but could do with applying myself in the same way with sugar, ice cream and crisps 👍👍
    Feeling really “off” at the moment and today the heat is actually killing me… I generally like it but am suffering with flushes or else am just really just under the weather at the moment… With a residual headache mist of the time too…
    Going for blood tests tomorrow which have been booked for two weeks …such a shame that these things take so long to schedule and I’ve very little faith in my doctor at the moment… it may well be that this is just life and the next stage in our wonderful biological make up but we’ll see…
    I hope everyone else is doing better!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Hello my fellow fasters 👋
    Just dropping in to say hi and check on everyone 😀
    I’ve had 2 successful FDs , yay! Not committing myself to anything because I am having some challenging times with my health …. but its so nice to have you all here and turn to you for support, even if its just reading posts 🙂
    Have a great day/evening everyone 🌼

Day 22-USA (NE TN)- FD

It’s Monday and not very happy over it. But the weekend just flew by.
    I felt rough a few days but never developed the full brunt of the virus. Which is fantastic as taking care of all these people while sick isn’t fun. So I’m thankful for that. I’m starving so sipping a cup of tea to keep food out of my mouth.

I’m super tired though. Not sure if that’s due to loss of sleep or the drear outside.
    I’m super cranky, too. The kids are being uncooperative.

Trying to chill out. I’m going to try to occupy myself to distract my inner bottomless pit.

Positive thoughts for fellow fasters.
    Pocket list Day 22
    @daffodil2010
    @dykask
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @missybear
    @gretta
    @funshipfreddie
    @michelinme
    @yo-yo
    @winsome-waif
    @stardustdream

Day 22 USA (Illiois) NFD

Had a good CD (almost FD) yesterday with 775 calories. Making up for it today having been to a beautiful funeral luncheon (Lutheran women sure can cook) then having a P.E.O. summer salad supper this evening. At least at noon, I did not indulge in dessert!

Onward and downward.

Day 22- CD

Day 23, Aus, NFD

Had easy WFD yesterday. It was so easy I am not indulging in any PFDS.

Well done @Jaifam for your dry July success.

So pleased your trial went well @daffodil2010.

I was thinking of absent friends this morning. Does anyone know what is happening with @rainbowsmile and @bert1810?

Day 22 – USA – NFD

@stardustdream, it’s a very small world indeed. I also am in NE TN….

Day 23 CD country west Australia
    Yesterday’s FD was not my finest hour/hours but ate very little most of the day.
    Unfortunately I do get shocking migraines when fasting and have done all my life no matter how I tweak things – its just my physiology.
    Doing quite well til 4pm when headache really took over and work was an endurance test.
    Felt the urge for sugar oddly enough so consumed more liquorice bullets than I should have but felt better?? and headache diminished somewhat.
    Small salad ( tomato/lettuce/carrot) for dinner then slept it off.
    Feeling better today but ‘hungover’ post migraine feeling.
    Drinking plenty but not eating except for 4 black rice crackers. Hoping to make up for yesterday’s sugar hit.
    @dykask, I hope things improve for you. You are such an inspiration to me and many others.
    @songbirdme, yes what is it about church ladies that they cook so beautifully – blessed cooking perhaps??
    @shinything, I hope your health issues are not too serious.

Day 23 – Melbourne Aus – NFD

Kitchen closed at 497cal yesterday (woop!!) so feeling the reset vibe. DAFD proving a challenge, but enjoyed my lamb and barley stew for lunch (probably a bigger serve than needed, but it’s healthy, and delicious, so better than binging on biscuits later on today.

Off to adelaide tomorrow again, should have time to hit the gym before flying out, but i’ll just see how the day goes fasting wise. Yesterday may be it for this week – and if so will aim for a CD or two Wednesday and Thursday.

Hope everyone is doing well.

Day 23: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

The boss asked me to change my day off to today (from tomorrow) so, unexpectedly free today. It’s going to be extremely hot by the looks of things, so best not to be slogging the streets laden with mail!
    @daffodil2010: Good trip with the camper, eh? What kind is it? Someone, a couple of streets from us has an old VW camper parked out the front (possibly from the 70’s) recently restored.
    @gretta: Yay….you did it! Reset.
    @lilymartin: Getting migraines when fasting. That’s a bit tough for you to say the least.
    @stardustdream: Deeep breaths.

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday’s FD did not go to plan as I succumbed to the white wine that was calling my name from the fridge. So it’s an FD today, Oatbran bread with ham and mustard for lunch, perhaps carrot and lentil soup for evening meal.

Not doing too great on the mindset…maybe hormones kicking in, but I had a terrible voice telling me to just forget about this FD, what’s the point, blah blah blah…..and considering that I KNOW what the point of FD’s and this WOL is all about, that devil in my ear is most unwelcome.

It’s like the little monster that was there when I first stopped smoking all those years ago….constantly urging me to have just one pull on a cigarette, go on, go on…….bit I ignored that monster and now it’s gone. However food is life, so it’s often harder to ignore the wine or sugar monster……..but I will try to as much as I possibly can 👊

@ciren2 enjoy your day off. It was around 26c here yesterday but further East it looks like you guys in the UK will hit warmer temperatures. Our camper is a big Mercedes Vario 814d, it used to be a panel van making deliveries…..now it’s converted into a home on wheels. She is big, and needs a C license to drive, so I have to take lessons and take a test….ooooohhh.

@penz like you I was thinking of absent friends….so many now have stopped posting. I hope everyone is ok. I don’t look at other parts of the forum, maybe they are posting there. Here is an interesting fact re posting on this forum…..back in Feb 2018 I hosted my first challenge, at the end of that 28 day month there were 30 + pages. Here we are Day 23 in July and only up to 10 pages…..😥

But onwards we will prevail

Pocket list day 23
    @daffodil2010

Day 23 – Stratford Upon Avon – FD

B2B

@betsylee – I’m with you! this week I’m on a B2B2B2B too so we can blast through this together! really leaning hard on the reset button this month.

@daffodil2010 – it’s all about the mindset! I too have a little voice (sometimes NOT so little!) frequently piping up and urging me to abandon a FD. I’m trying very hard to strengthen my willpower muscle – some days are more difficult than others but usually when I get so far in the day I can power through. It certainly is a daily challenge! But we all know it works so….just keep swimming, swimming, swimming 🙂

Was very grumpy last night – after a long day I didn’t get to eat until 10pm, DH wanted to go for a pint but a black mood had descended by that point and I just needed to eat and sleep. Mind you if we had gone for a drink I’d still have been under my 500cals but probably not the most sensible way to approach a FD haha!
    Feeling less grumpy today thankfully.

The hot weather means spontaneous BBQ and cider drinking season is upon us – give me strength!

Pocket list day 23
    @daffodil2010
    @yo-yo

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing well on maintenance – nice change in the weather to a bit cool. But that’s cool.

@lilymartin – bet you’re right about those church cooks! Blessed!

Onward and downward.

Day 23 second post
    hd a pretty good day about 800 calories , so more than anticipated 500 but SOOOO much better than other days recently.
    @daffodil2010 I too wonder where all the posters have got to.
    Perhaps like me they , in my case rather foolishly, let life get in the way or perhaps they have reached their goal and are maintaining.
    I just know that for me, the ONLY way to keep me on track is to post daily or at least several days a week, to read others’ journeys – successes and not so good days – and to take strength from this group.
    Acountability and support, that’s what I need.
    Do hope some of the others at least pop in to say ‘ hi’ and let us know how they are faring.
    Glad to be back on the wagon.😅
    And so to bed to dream…night all.

Day 23 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Oops? Forgot to post this morning; mainly because I spent half the morning at the South African Revenue Services. I just love dealing with government departments in this country. It’s like having a root canal treatment; without the anaesthetic😱

Anyway, FD went well yesterday. Still half a kilo off my new goal, so I’m going to make Wednesday and Friday FDs too. It would be nice to hit my target by the start of next week. It’s basically the last week – let’s push that envelope!

Day 23-USA (NE TN)- NFD

It is entirely possible that I might explode from pride. I harped on and on about my oldest taking her college entrance exam, the ACT. She did so well. She got a 32, which corresponds with a 1430 on the SAT. The 97th percentile. The poor thing was so excited, and then with hope in her eyes “Does this mean I don’t have to take it again?” I’m so happy with it that I told her she did not unless she wanted to. She did the prep basically as a full semester class, studying every day for 6 months.

Now I just have to see if there’s still room in the class.
    The registrar is out until Thursday. Ugh.

I have to run her 40 min away to a sleepover with her friends who are public schooled who live a couple towns over so they can hang out before they have to go back to school. It is raining buckets here today. I hope it’s done before I have to drive.

I do go on and on today.
    Sorry.

@metatauta Crazy! I’m in the tip. If I drive 45min or less in a couple different directions I can be in 2 other states. (VA and NC for those interested.) I’m in the Appy’s.

@daffodil2010 I have a little devil on my shoulder. He’s Loki (Tom Hiddleston’s version) and he tries to talk me into all kinds of trouble. Glad you had a great trip in your camper. We are taking our RV out this coming weekend further into the mountains. Good luck on your fast day! Hormones will be slamming me any day. It might get ugly.

@ciren2 Thanks! I took a lot of deep breaths and made it without hurting anyone. Whew! I hope I can be more chill on my next FD which is tomorrow.

Calming and positive vibes to the Pocket List today!

Day 23 ( how did that happen?) NFD but posting early that it’s a definite FD tomorrow. Just back from Paris where it was 37 degrees today. That’s bonkers. We went swimming every day in the Piscine Josephine Baker. Not really swimming. It was so busy it was really standing around in tepid water. But sooooooo refreshing. Back in London now. Have a great week everybody. Is it really nearly August? H

2nd post

For accountability. FD going well, no little devils whispering so it’s going to be a good one. Great to know that you guys also have that devil/monster @yo-yo Fletch, @stardustdream….we are all in this together ☺️

Congratulations to your daughter @stardustdream, I bet you are full of pride. And so you should. 👍

Ha ha @funshipfreddie …for a brief moment I actually thought you were serious about enjoying dealing with government departments 😆

@lilymartin I know from my past that I Used to be a regular poster on a Dukan Diet forum and when I stopped posting I began to lose accountably and started to put back on weight. Now, Dukan was not sustainable long term, too many restrictions, however, I believe that if you keep on posting, signing in, whatever, it keeps the WOE to the forefront. That’s why WeightWatchers etc have their weekly meeting. It’s all about taking it seriously and being accountable. If you drift away and are not careful, well, pounds could come back on.

So onwards and downwards we go. Until tomorrow

@stardustdream: Oh SUCH congratulations to your wonderful daughter….what a star! Of COURSE you are SO proud and quite rightly so. SO WELL DONE and well deserved. xx

Phew….absolutely SULTRY here today. They say it’ll be in the 30s, but SO humid with it, so truly AWFUL! Can’t imagine trying to deliver mail in it tomorrow, when it’s supposed to be even hotter. Wet cloth in a bag and three bottles of water I think, just to survive! To think, when I first joined Royal Mail in my youth, shorts were not allowed……imagine!
    I really feel for the dustmen, who have to be clad in hi-vis head to toe plus gloves……no shorts for them, heavy job too.

Day 23 UK CD

Posting for accountability after a good CD just over 900 calories. BC yesterday’s FD went off track late evening with the last of the peanut butter & apples again … PNB now on the house banned list. @daffodil empathy re the ‘don’t bother’ whisper 🙁

On the bright side, my best new habit is to have frozen berries instead of ice cream/lollies. Also using them as ice cubes in fizzy water – yum.

Snowed under & juggling btw projects with NOW deadlines. SO hot I can’t think or work – 33C in London today, and 41C outside my front door. Heat makes my neuro symptoms worse, so my brain and body all slow down like I’m melting & I completely forgot to move to back bedroom where it’s cool.

Tomorrow due to be a tiny bit cooler according to the Met Office, but Thursday looks horrible. Hard not to worry about elderly friends stuck in their hot flats or other uncomfortable places….

Great to catch up with posts and feel reinspired – well done everyone who had a good FD or stuck with other wider goals 🙂

Day 23, VA, USA, FD B2B

Yesterday suscessuf fast, although I’ve kinda been at a little stall for the past 4 weeks… I hope soon… <fingers crossed> the weight moves a hint more downward. May have to shift my eating from Keto to just low calorie. I think I finally figured out why Keto eating or Kept Egg fast doesn’t just melt the weight off me like it does other. I do not do High Intensity workouts. I teach yoga from 2-4 times a day, but it is low impact and heart rate only goes up maybe 10-20 minutes from doing a bunch of planks/down dogs/chaturungas etc.

AND oh my gosh I went a little bit hard on my-self and yoga class this morning and my shoulder is telling me all about it. Yup. Got Ice on it hoping some rest will help it feel better.

@matpi – I also like your “cool down” mmmmm it’s the tastiest cool down I’ve read about in a while. YUM. You may think I’m crazy, but I have made the flavored seltzer water into ice pops and have those when my SO wants to go have an “ice cream walk”.

@ciren2 – I have found that if I look at the calories per serving (and what an actual serving is…) to be helpful in keeping a better eye on how much I eat of a “treat” Planes are quite fascinating (shapes colors and styles) – let alone, how they ever figured out how to get a big hunk of metal to fly is truly amazing.

@penz – well maybe you will kick this flu/cold to the curb! Eat your veggies and drink water!

@dykask – glad to hear from ya!

@daffodil2010 – awesome your trip went well! I will say that having things in little bins with a lid is helpful for storage in our camper van. Such as several plastic shoebox size bins
    Label it TOOTHBRUSH etc – put your toothbrush, toothpaste, and any night time stuff for getting ready for bed or wake up time.
    Label another HANDs/FACE/eyes – This one has all our hand washing/ biodegradable soap/a hand saltier/ small first aid kit (bandaids, antiseptic wash, gauze) (eye contact stuff)
    ETC you get the gist. Put things that go together or are used at a similar time… it makes getting to the things easier because you can just pull the whole shoebox out and open it and you don’t have to rummage through a cupboard

@betsylee – I wouldn’t go on Lipitor if I could avoid it… If the Dr is persistent I’d say I want a re-test!

Pocket list day 23
    @daffodil2010
    @yo-yo
    @rabbette

USA Day 23 FD

Just thought I would pop in. My ovo lacto vegetarian diet is going well and I am dropping weight. It is very sustainable and filling. Glad I tried this because I was in a rut! I also enjoy googling new vegetarian and vegan recipes! YUM! While I haven’t been posting much in July, I have been reading everyone’s posts and have been enjoying following all of your successes! Have a great rest of the day!

Day 24 country west Australia FD
    It’s a very chilly 9C this morning and I am sitting very close to the heater whilst I eat a spoonful of Greek yoghurt and a spoonful of frozen blueberries – yummy but they do make my teeth ache!
    Not usually such an early riser but had to get up at 5am as we have to do some farm work before I go to my work in town.
    Brrrrr – it’s cold outside. I almost, but not quite!, envy those of you talking about 30C.
    The climate is certainly doing some very odd things at present. We have cold weather but not a lot of rain so we desperately need rain for water to fill dams for the animals to drink and also for the crops to grow.
    I read that the temperatures in Europe and England are really hot and some at record levels.
    @stardustdream CONGRATULATIONS on your daughter’s great results – well done!
    @funshipfreddie – I feel for you and those government departments. Have a friend from SA who says that doing anything with the govt there is a trial – take a packed lunch because you wait … and wait…and wait!!
    @YoyoFletch, hope the grumps have packed up and left….
    @ccco,Hi! glad you dropped by. Yes There are some really delicious vegetarian recipes around. I’m not so much into vegan. ( farming background!)
    I wonder if the temperature is about to go even higher now that Boris is the incoming PM of England.
    Could be interesting times ahead.
    Donald, Boris and Vladimir Putin , what a trio running the world…… who would have thought!
    Have a good day all.

Second post.
    Well after an invigorating half hour out in the cold with a doggie who insisted on me throwing and she catching the ball afterwards I am bright eyed and bushy tailed.
    In 2016/17 when I was doing well on 5:2 I used to read the posts daily and then post myself.
    So am back reading posts and posting. Only managed to read pages 8 and 9 so far but plan to read all of July if possible in the coming days. It stops me eating and thinking of food.
    And so….
    @daffodil2010 I SO agree that accountability is key for many of us in this WOL
    @AndExhale and @ktcaroline, I’ll hold out my hands so you can at least get close to the wagon.
    I fell off it so completely for 18 months – and fell into a food mountain of GARGANTUAN dimensions!!
    Trust me I will be paying for that for a LOOOOONNNNNNGGGGGGG time to come – hence back here posting and being sensible on FDs.
    Seriously , can one think one is on a 500 calorie FD and consume 2 doughnuts, a large bucket of hot chips, roast pork and crackling !!!!!! That’s where I got to my friends. 🍩🍕🍟🥐🥂🥓🍖🥘🥩🍞🍞
    But my brain is now firmly back in the skull and I am SERIOUSLY doing FDs as in water, tea, TINY portions of food all measured on MFP ( and I HATE counting calories but it does get me back on track so I do it for a while to re-establish boundaries) and doing more exercise than previously. Being sedentary doesn’t help my cause so have upped the exercise.🤸‍♀️
    @brightonbelle I have watched the TdF for many years. I love the scenery and the effort of all those cyclists – phew! I get really tired in June/July as we watch Wimbledon, the Tour, cricket , golf – all of which end late here in Oz.🏏🏸🚵‍♂️🏌️‍♂️
    @ciren2, the mail in Oz is very haphazard – at least in the country. It can take TEN days for the mail to get from here to Perth ( 300 kms). I could walk it there faster. Now there’s a thought……!
    @cheshire, welcome to the group. Lovely to have you here. Portion size is one of my downfalls. Hence MFP for a while for me😞
    @penz yes the flu season has been terrible this year. Some friends have had it for 4 weeks and it has really knocked them. Commiserations.
    @gretta you are lucky flying between Melbourne and Adelaide. Both very lovely cities – though I do love Perth and Sydney is also great. I am very sorry to hear about your grandmother. They are such special people.
    @michelinme your plum and ginger jam sounds fab. Wild plum picking sounds fantastic. What an environment you must live in!
    Sorry to hear about your foot and hip. Did the X-rays show anything?
    @shinything I hope your health issues can be resolved. This WOL and exercises often help with health issues, depending course on what they are.
    @jaifaim 4 weeks dry is a terrific effort. Do you get headaches often? I am a lifelong migraine sufferer and when I reached 50, a few years ago, it was like ‘ that’s not a migraine THIS is a migraine’ ( paraphrasing a famous line from Paul Hogan in Crocodile Dundee) Had a few years of several very bad headaches a week and made it really difficult to function. Fortunately this is resolving somewhat.
    @redrockgirl302, thinking of you and your OH for caring for elderly folk. Sending hugs and love and energy. You need them all.
    @matpi WOW – moving!! Glad things are working out. I think I should ‘ move’ so I can get rid of some of the stuff we have accumulated over 25+ years. Trying to Kon Mari, Swedish death clean etc but a bit like some of my attempts with 5:2 over the past few years.😓
    @Rabette I am just off to take my yogalates/ stretch class for Over 50s. It certainly helps retain flexibility. I also find drinking LOTS of water helps with the hunger pangs.
    As does posting here!!
    Now that I have probably bored you all to sleep I must away to face the day.
    Go well all!🙃 (Apologies for length of post but I have been out of the loop for a while.)

Day 24, Aus, NFD

Busy day at work (always welcome) so later posting than normal.

I had also noted that @daffodil2010 – that each day in the month would typically equate to a whole page (or more) of posts in challenges gone by. But not so much anymore. Are people too busy? Or not as chatty these days?

Congrats to you and esp your daughter @stardustdream – what a tremendous result. I hope this means she’ll get accepted into her first choice college. With scholarship!

My OH does the grocery shopping (lucky me!) Also lucky for me is that he bought no-name brand peanut butter and it just doesn’t taste that great. I mean, it’s fun for using PB for what it’s intended, but not for spooning straight out of the jar.

Lots of discussion re accountability. I have decided (starting on Monday) to also post about my exercise as I have not been doing any lately. I know I make excuses for myself, but if I have to do so publicly, I think the shame would spur me into action. Keep me on the exercise wagon, people! (Mmmm. Shouldn’t I be running after it for more exercise?)

Day 24: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD….

Feeling unrested after a very sultry night and loud thunderstorms around 1.15am! It does feel (slightly) fresher this morning…..but I dread to think of the conditions in our flat-roofed south-facing sorting office today! We have some skylights, which, if left open during the night, will mean puddles on our sorting frames and the floor! We have two measly fans for the whole space, so it’ll be sweaty in there. By the time we get out at about 9am….it’ll be sweaty outside too…..
    @lilymartin: could do with some of your lovely cool 9c air over here!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 619 total)

You must be logged in to reply.