July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 810 total)

• Day 27 UK FD

I seem to have got into a habit of carb eating this last few days – cheese and crackers with salad in the evening in lieu of supper. Yesterday I ate an enormous chocolate & banana rice pudding mid afternoon, today I’m bloated and up 4lbs!

Pleased that I’ve not succumbed to sugar dragon, bread, cakes or alcohol but it’s a slippery slidey slope – and I’ve already given away my larger clothes! Pneumonia, pleurisy and heatwave aren’t good enough reasons to undo the work of the last few months with cravings or emotional eating! Time to get back into a pattern that works better – my “sort of” CDs haven’t worked so today’s a proper FD. Here goes!

@flourbaby welcome back!

Pocket List Day 27 – add yourself if you’re fasting

@michelinme
    @strawberriesandcream

Day 27, UK, NFD

It seems to be a bit cooler today, just a couple of C really but it makes a difference :). I’m not having a great time at the moment, so I haven’t had any
    fast days but it does help to come here every day and read all the posts and have a chat really 🤗

@daffodil2010 I know my garden will be grateful for some nice rain 🙂 , and I don’t know what happened to the spreadsheet but I put it in alphabetical order now 🙂
    There was 2 pages in each spread sheet, in July and August one, and I tried to tidy them up, so I deleted the extra sheet and its only one now for each month. Please check if you used the correct one to fill anything, just in case thats the one thats deleted and you might need to re-enter the data.
    Sorry if I made any mess, I hope I haven’t 😳

Its good to see you are making a progress with your recovery @michelinme 🤗

Have a great day everyone and stay strong even if you feel weak 🤗 🌸

Day 27 – CD; Dublin, Ireland

@slacknz – super congrats on defeating the plateau! Seeing those numbers finally drop is so rewarding, isn’t it?

I am SO So happy with the results so far this week – I dropped to below 70kg for the first time in at least 2 years, if not more! We have been carefully keeping track of our calories this week, alternating between CD and FD and it has paid off. Fiance also dropped under 113kg.

Very pleased with the progress of this WOL. I still get hungry on FD between meals, but never feel like I’m restricting myself on what I can eat. Yesterday’s dinner was sea bass with salad – super delicious and just under 220kcal. In the past we would have had the fish with potatoes or bulgur wheat, but I found myself not missing them at all.

We were up quite late watching TV and was really tempted to have a snack, but fiance just poured us a large glass of water and I resisted. I’ve found it really helpful going through this process together.

Let’s keep on keeping on! Good luck to everyone fasting today!!

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good FD yesterday just over 500 calories. Keeping at maintenance. I am happy to be right at 25 BMI – have been for about 18 months now, thanks mostly to 6:1 and these wonderful forums.

Our local TV station did a little blurb about IF, specifically 5:2 with them saying on the 5 days you can “eat what you want.” I thought about sending them a Tweet saying “uh, no, not all you want” if your desire is to lose weight. The hospital dietitian also recommended the 500 calories be over the whole day and not in one meal. Really? I’ve been content to have an apple mid-day for regularity then about 400 calories for supper on my FD’s. Usually it is a salad with some protein. LOTS of water. Is that how you all manage your FD calories?

Onward and downward.

Day 27, Surrey (UK), NFD, 154.6lb

So. The door to 10-stone-something-land remains firmly shut. For the time being. Never mind, progress is still happening, albeit slowly.

I’m having a holiday break over the next 3 weeks, so won’t be posting for a while. Opportunities for fasting will be scarce, so I shall have to be mindful. Let’s see if I can come out the other side without putting on too many pounds!

Some interesting posts this month. I loved the discussion about poo – it’s fascinating stuff!

See you later in August, and remember, keep on keeping on!

Day 27 North Canton OH FD

Yay the holiday pounds are melting away, another 2 pounds down, 6 to go.
    @songbirdme I would never be able to survive this WOL if I was eating throughout the day, my routine is to drink coffee with a squirt of creamer in the morning and sit down to a nice LCHF dinner with my family when I get home.

Pocket List Day 27

@michelinme
    @strawberriesandcream
    @basyjames

happy Friday everyone 🙂

Hi all from NI day 27 Healthy eating day

Plant to eat well over the weekend, out tonight with OH, out tomorrow with Dad and lunch/dinner out on Sunday but will make healthy choices and eat lightly at other times. Plan fast day Monday and Tuesday to make July a good month and most likely fast on Wednesday 1 August – may as well start the way I mean to continue for the month ahead.

Day 27 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Weigh in today and after giving up one FD this week my weight stayed the same so I am happy for that. My BMI is 23 and when I started this WOL mid Jan 2018 it was 28. So grateful I found this WOL, because it works.

@rainbowsmile did you see my link for the retreat?

Either you run the day or the day runs you, choose wisely. Have a great Friday everyone.

Day 27 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@songbirdme I have always spread my FD calories over 3 meals, perhaps easier as I allow up to 800, so usually 200 breakfast, 150 lunch and max of 450 dinner. My longest no food period is 14 hours from dinner to breakfast which I do every day. I wouldn’t have stuck with it if I had to OMAD but the flexibility of 5:2 to do it however works best for the individual is what I love about this WOE.

@shinything sorry you’re not having a great time right now. I’ve had a few struggles over the past year and some days when I felt like I’d lost the plot but I just kept checking in here and reminded myself to take it one day at a time, I’ve pressed the reset button so many times I’ve been amazed it still worked but it always has. Be kind to yourself 🤗

Rain forecast so I’d better go for a walk before it arrives. Keep on keeping on everyone 😉

Day 27 London UK FD

Yesterday’s FD resulted in another drop bringing me 0.5kg away from goal weight! I’m rethinking my goal weight now as I love @at ‘s idea of having a weight range allowance once in maintenance mode. I’d like to allow myself a couple of kg to move around in. Having decided this, I’m now 1.5kg away from new goal.

Today is my last FD of b2b2b. Like yesterday I’m not at work and with my toddler. Find it so difficult to throw away his leftovers and ended up having some mash potato. According to My Fitness Pal it’s about 100 cal. Not worth it at all! Of course am now annoyed with myself… but it’s done. FDs are so much easier when I’m in the office!

I love how manageable this WOL is. When I tried the dukan diet 6 years ago it totally took over. The weight dropped off really quickly but there was no way it was sustainable. With this, I know I can have things in moderation. Like that 100cal of mash potato, it wasn’t ideal but it’s not the end of the world.

@Strawberriesandcream your donkey news story did make me giggle! Poor thing but hopefully it means that as a zebra he doesn’t have to traipse around giving rides to tourists!

@michelinme Carb habits are hard to break. They are my greatest dietary weakness! See above re mash potato! I hope your FD is going well. Stay strong!

@shinything glad to hear things are a bit cooler where you are. It’s currently 31c in my part of London. Desperately looking forward to the break in the weather we are promised. I’m going to go outside and dance in the rain! And thank you for taking care of the spreadsheet.

@moukinator congrats on your weight breakthrough! Such a great feeling. I too have entered weight that I’ve not seen in a few years. Love the sound of your sea bass and salad. In fact it’s always great to hear what people eat on fast days to get ideas for myself.

@songbirdme I too save most of my calories for a full meal in the evening, having herbal teas and a miso at lunch when I’m working. I did a couple of days of spreading them throughout the day when I first started and found that I was constantly hungry and because they were all small meals (if you could even call them that!) I was never satisfied.

@fatfingers Best of luck on your break. I hope you have a lovely time and can stay as close to TDEE as possible.

@coda sounds like a lovely weekend of eating out ahead! Planning to do same FDs as you next week. Let’s stay strong together!

@diana123 wow, that’s an impressive drop in your BMI!

@missybear enjoy your walk and send the rain on over this way please!

Pocket List Day 27
    @michelinme
    @strawberriesandcream
    @basyjames
    @beedoo

Have a great day everyone x

Day 27, FD, US

This month seems to have really dragged but I was surprised to type “day 27” and realise July is almost over.

Feeling good today as the weather allowed me to resume my walking commute to work. It’s been so fickle lately, and I got caught in the rain on Tuesday, that I’ve been driving more than walking. Nice to be exercising again. It’s as good for my brain as it is for my body.

I also laughed at that poor donkey/zebra, @strawberriesandcream

Some great results in the forum over the last few days; well done all!

Have a good weekend!

Day 27, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Feasting is over. Going for a moderate FD today and CDs over the weekend.

Have a good Friday everyone! 😊🌻🌼

Day 27 Florida

NFD today. Went out and watch hubby shoot arrows. He did really great. Bought a big piece of wild salmon and divided it up. Need to re-pot some plants and then work on some painting. Going out for dinner tonight and maybe catch a sunset over the gulf. 🙂
    Have a great day.

Day 27 UK FD

Hi all. I’ve been a bit absent lately sorry, busy. I’m still trying to fast 2 days a week but have been a little lax on my fast days. My routine has changed and I then find it very difficult.

Not sure if I will make this month’s target but hopefully will be close. The good thing is that I feel very positive and don’t have my usual “all or nothing ” mentality. I think that is because I’m in it for the long term and it’s so flexible.

Day 27, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Diana123 congratulations on maintaining at 23 BMI. Fantastic. Well done.

Rainbowsmile I loved the top you bought. I like wearing such flowing tops too.

Yesterday I fasted at around 700 calories. So today I was surprised to go up by 0.5 kilos again. I weighed at 67.2 kilos.

Today I went out to eat with my sister in law who is leaving on 7 August to go back to her home in New York. I ate fruit , a cereal bar and some white coffees with honey then this evening I ordered a pulled duck salad which was delicious. So I’m well under tdee for today.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Keep on keeping on.

Day 27 UK NFD

Well today was supposed to be a fast day but that quickly went out the window early in the day when I accidentally went into holiday mode a day early, ooops! Oh well I have had a fab day so I don’t feel too guilty.

I’m going away for a few days so I may not be able to post. I hope you all have a fab weekend. 😁

USA day 27 FD

Just a quick check in, since I am not around computers very much this Summer but am trying to read everyone’s posts. Everyone sounds like they are doing well!

Today I had a successful FD and did all my exercises. Tomorrow will be a NFD! See you all tomorrow! Good evening!

Day 27 – USA – NFD

Well, looks like so far, only did 1 FD this week. Will try and do better. Getting a little slack, as I only have 8 lbs. to go to get to my goal weight and I’m coasting there because I like how I look now…

Day 28 London UK FD OR NFD – to be decided!

No change in weight this morning but not surprised. I ended FD having made terrible food choices throughout the day. Cranky toddler didn’t fall asleep until 9pm due to heat (normally fast asleep by 7pm) – although it’s finally cooled down now! Hooray – and by that point I was so hungry and ready to eat anything and everything in sight. Just then husband arrived home with a bottle of prosecco and Häagen-Dazs Belgian chocolate ice cream. Wonderful man. How could I resist?! Final calorie count was 714, not terrible but everything consumed was! On a positive note, I did complete session 6 of 30 Day Shred and also walked plenty.

Am in two minds about whether today will be a fast day or not as I’d feel so much happier if I managed a solid FD with exercise and good clean food. Husband taking toddler swimming this morning and then he’s heading off with friends later to watch the Galway v Clare hurling match at the pub (c’mon Galway!). So in theory an FD could be manageable…we shall see!

@metatauta like you, I feel as though I’m getting slack as I get closer to goal weight. But so great that you like how you look now! I’m not quite there yet but hoping to be in August!

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I came home from work crying yesterday. My unprofessional and bullying manager had a go at me as I was leaving and really upset me. My younger colleagues looked on horrified. I was crying so much I could not go out for that farewell dinner with my colleagues. My DH rang my boss when he saw how upset I was and put him in his place.

I am spending the weekend seriously considering my position. I have too much respect for myself to ever want to see, let alone work, with that man again. I am being advised to make a formal complaint about him to HR and his days will be numbered.

So this weekend will be spent taking note of the good things in my life and deciding what to do. I am not going to work for that unprofessional bully again. I am sorry if I leave my colleagues in the lurch at the busiest week of the year but my mental health is far more important to me.

Thanks for listening guys ☹️

Day 28, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Daffodil2010 sorry to hear about your being bullied by your boss. I hope you reach the right decision and move forward. Take care and keep on keeping on.

Today my younger grandson is two years and though my daughter was going to do his birthday party today he has an ear infection and decided to postpone it for next Saturday. So we’ll be going to Malta next Saturday for the party as she lives in Malta.

Yesterday I strained my right shoulder and arm carrying my other grandson while babysitting when I took him to church, the post office and hairdresser with me. So my daughter prescribed me catafast for the pained muscles and this morning while I usually take only coffee I had a banana to take with the medicine.

I also made a tuna Niçoise salad made with fresh tuna for lunch for my daughter, my OH and I. This evening we usually bring a takeaway pizza but I’ll refrain from having half a pizza and eat only one forth or just have fruit.

My youngest daughter is going for a week holiday today with her son and OH. However my second daughter is starting to move her things in a new house she and her OH just build and I’ll be babysitting her daughters this week.

Have a great Saturday everyone. Keep coming with your inspiring posts.

Day 28 North Wales FD

Couldn’t do my fast day Thursday as we had visitors. Love the flexibility of this way of life. Have a good weekend everyone.

Day 28, UK, NFD

Thank goodness for fast days. Digestives damage negated.

@kaywesterman – what an idyllic scene you describe.
    That’s a very positive step forward @siano.
    @sarahbob – enjoy your break – 5:2 will be here when you return.
    If you like where you are now @metatauta, maybe that’s where you’re meant to be?
    Good on you @daffodil2010 in putting yourself first in this upsetting work situation – and on your DH for taking action. Sounds like your colleagues will totally understand your need to take some time out. We’re all behind you!!!
    Take care of that arm @anna6 – you need to be in tiptop condition for next weekend’s party in Malta.

Onwards & downwards!

Day 28 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Is it really day 28? This month has whizzed by.

@metatauta how wonderful to like the way you look! When I was walking around Bristol earlier this week I caught sight of a slim woman reflected in a window and was surprised that it was me!!!!!! Yes it’s a great feeling.

@daffodil2010 you have always sounded so happy with your job so it was a shock to hear you work for an unprofessional bully. Work problems can impact our entire lives so I’m sending you positive vibes to give you extra energy to summon up your strength and wisdom to deal with the situation. Hugs 🤗

I was disappointed not to see the Blood Moon last night as it was far too cloudy. We have had some rain but not much by Welsh standards, though the grass does look a little greener, heavier rain forecast for Sunday. Strange times when we look forward to rain in Wales.

Have a good weekend everyone and remember to keep on keeping on, even when life throws challenges your way, step by step, one day at a time 😉

Day 28, UK, NFD

Its going to be busy working weekend. Thank God it cooled down and we finally had some rain, my garden is looking happier already 😀 . I haven’t had a good week food wise, but I feel ready to improve things next week, giving myself a break and relaxing a bit did me good I think 🙂

@daffodil2010 I’m sorry to hear you were treated like that by your manager :(, what an ass 😡
    I’d make a formal complaint regardless of whether I’m leaving or staying in that place, people like that should not hold managerial position. Sending you a virtual hug 🤗

@anna6 hope your shoulder gets better 🤗

Have a great weekend everyone ❤

Day 28 London UK

second post

@daffodil2010 I had to write to say how sorry I am to read about how you’ve been treated by your boss. He sounds like an awful ignorant piece of work with no management or people skills. I’m always amazed at how people like this can reach positions where they are allowed to manage people and do damage to those indivials as well as the business.

What I am glad to hear is the support you have from your husband as well as your colleagues. I know it’s easier said than done but if you can make a formal complaint to HR it would be a positive step all round. Do you have a supportive HR department? Take charge and show him where bullies belong. I am a HR manager and at a previous company I had numerous complaints about one particular bully of a manager but no one wanted to make it formal. In the end he had to leave due to his own incompetence but I would have liked to have seen him held responsible for how he made those team members feel.

Mental health is so important and because we can’t see it, people don’t always notice how much it needs to be taken care of, just like physical health. Take care, put yourself first, you ARE worth it. Sending love and strength.

2nd post

Strawberriesandcream and ShinyThing thanks. I’m currently not lifting anything heavier then a plate. This morning I babysat my two sweet granddaughters and they were as good as gold. I went to mass this morning and had to fasten my seatbelt with my left arm.

I gave my tuna Niçoise salad to my son in law and I’m having a cranberry and nut cereal bar and some figs for lunch.

Have a great day.

DAY 24 – 28 – UK – NFD

Sorry for being absent most of this week but life just took over – all enjoyable but just no time for the forum and only managed 1 x FD this week – this is a rare occurrence for me.

Found a dress that hopefully DD will like, she loved it on line but it’s all about the fit – being delivered today – she will come to our house before work tomorrow to try 🤞that it fits and she feels good in it……I also saw a dress on line that I like but still thinking about it……..

For those who have felt disheartened that they have not completed the FD they plan – keep in mind that 800cals or less is still a FD……………I remember someone from previous challenges who added up their TDEE for 5 days plus 1000cals for their 2 x FDs and ensured that they ate to that total for the week, some days they ate above TDEE, some days a bit less and some days were FD, so long as their total intake did not exceed that weekly total they lost weight – lots of variations with this WOL – one size does not fit all!

@purplevilet – You have been in my thoughts – positive vibes coming your way – hope that biopsy is good news xx
    @Strawberriesandcream – Thank you for that link to Roman’s Originals – I have investigating and rather like a few things……You haven’t missed a post from @bert1802 – she has been remarkably quiet since 10/7 – are you hovering in the background @bert1802 sending you 🤗 and letting you know that you have been missed
    @missybear – when is the big day in August??
    @coda – thank you for sharing “The train of life” and I echo that it is so easy to underestimate how many calories we consume – this was my biggest learning curve since finding this WOL!!!
    @redrockgirl302 – how wonderful that your friend could celebrate her 80th with her twin brother 🍾
    @daffodil2010 – unfortunately I can never blame my OH for proferring glasses of wine and bowls of olives, cheese and crackers, crisp – I do it to myself 🤣 (he does not drink alcohol anymore and eats healthily all the time………he wasn’t always like that mind you……having introduced me to wine I blame him for my wine habit!!!)
    @flourbaby – Welcome back and yes we have missed you 🤗 great work on maintaining during your holidays and you can gatecrash the rest of this challenge if you wish – good to hear that you will be with us in August x
    @anna6 – When I read your posts I always hope that your daughters are aware of how lucky they are to have you nearby and willing to do so much childcare for them – I moved from Australia to England and when I had my daughter I had no family nearby and clearly remember my struggles with childcare when I went back to work – you are a very special mother and grandmother ☺️
    @moukinator – great job on getting below that 70kg marker 👏
    @songbirdme – I follow a 16:8 pattern daily and have only OMAD on my FDs with lots of water during the day, some times eating up to 500cals for my OMAD or only having a glass of my homemade Kefir after my evening yoga class – all varies on how I am feeling…………
    @beedoo – my only advice regarding children’s left overs is put it in the rubbish bin and that is definitely not you 😉
    @daffodil2010 – Report your manager to HR whether you decide to stay or leave your job – you will be preventing others going through what you have – remember you are a way better person than he is. If you love your job then stay and show him that you will not be intimidated by his behaviour and that he is the one who has to change!!!!!!!!! But at the end of the day do what your heart says and what makes you feel good – Sending you a huge virtual HUG
    @rainbowsmile – Thank you for taking the lead for the August challenge – count me in! You will be fab at the role and we are all here to offer support – I found doing this role great for my own accountability and a great motivator.

Planning to join @coda with B2B FD on Monday and Tuesday so finishing the July 2018 Monthly Challenge on a high – anyone else doing that?

“THE ONLY SUCCESSFUL WAY TO REACH AND MAINTAIN A HEALTHY WEIGHT IS TO FIND WHAT WORKS FOR YOU.” – AUTHOR UNKNOWN

Day 28, Guildford UK, MFD

@diana123 I asked for fuller details and am looking for some flight prices to see if I can afford Sedona, would love to go.

@daffodil2010 i want to go thump that abuse guy and see him get Karma. Bullies are the weakest and ugliest hearted people. Abuse should stop, full stop. I found Marissa Peer very helpful when dealing with my big nasty bullying ex, now little mean pathetic and like that Disney baby. (((((Daffodil2010)))))

https://youtu.be/yKUo2zCiRcI

I really liked what she said and it calmed me a lot.

@anna6 wishing that your arm heals quickly and fully.

@shinything sunshine for you to give you new sweet dreams tonight.

@missybear, yeah way to go.

@sarahbob see you and the little one in August after your holidays.

———————–

With @shinything help August thread is up and running. Only 3 days left of July 2018, I shall be joining the August WFDers and have entered my 10 days on the August 2018 calendar already.

The last three days of July are therefore prep days for me for WFD, from 7 tonight I am LCHF until 7pm on 31 July when I WFD.

This also means making my bone broth for the minerals from Day 3 as I also intend to add 2lbs of muscle through weight training.

A WFD can lose me half a pound of fat a day, so by switching to LCHF for 3 days before WFD and doing two hours of spin both days I will be free of my glycogen stores on my first WFD and will move to ketosis in day 2, cutting grelhin the hunger hormone asap. The hungry Horace hits me like a demon if I am carb loaded going into WFD.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/august-2018-monthly-challenge-summer-sun/

Mari

Day 28 Stevensville Maryland UDA CFD

Decided to do another FD today feeling a little bloated. Thank you @rainbowsmile for hosting August.

@rainbowsmile this is all the details I have

https://kimbabcockonline.com/event/sedonas-ascension-retreat/

You can google Kim Babcock to find her site. Hope this helps.

Go be love, the world needs you. Have a great Saturday everyone.

Day 28 UK CD

Successful FD yesterday – woohoo! – first this month. Feels strange to be back fasting after 4 weeks that have basically been heatwave and illness. Also practiced good self care yesterday evening with huge salad for supper, bath and early night, best night’s sleep in ages. This morning I’m miraculously back down again to 145lb.

Feeling a bit more clear-headed with the cooler weather, tho still pretty wiped tbh. 4 weeks into the 6-8 wk recovery period and I’m low in energy, capacity and focus. Need to decide soon whether or not I’ve got the energy to go away to stay with friends for a writing week or have a “holiday at home” and continue building up with gentle recovery.

@daffodil2010 so sorry to hear about your bullying manager. That’s totally not OK, and well done you for staying away. Life is too short, and you are too valuable to put up with it. If you can find the capacity a formal complaint may go a long way to sorting things out – whether or not you choose to go back. And you never know how helpful it might be for your young colleagues, modeling how to look after yourself. Hope you have a lovely weekend xx

Second post

@flourbaby Yeah! Missed you.

@diana123 have you booked? It’s not guaranteed to run so I can’t book flights etc at this stage. Was looking to fly to Phoenix then travel by train to Sedona? Is that best? There don’t seem to be direct flights and the ones from the UK give the best deals to Phoenix.

Have back back will travel will have to miss college though.

Mari

2nd post

@rainbowsmile yes I have booked the retreat and my flight into Phoenix on Wed the 24th rented a car and will be staying at Sky Ranch Lodge with a dear friend who is on the same schedule with me. We are splitting the car rental and hotel cost. Do you have someone who would like to join you and spilt some of the cost?

This is going to be an amazing experience.

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Maintenance going fine. Ought to have good CD’s the next few days.

@daffodil2010 May I ditto all the supportive comments that our wonderful board members have stated. It does seem like you’re able to stand up for yourself and have local family and friends behind you. You are smart, capable, and intuitive to know just how to proceed with your job and your life!

Onward and downward.

Day 28, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

@daffodil2010: Sorry to hear about your bully boss. I am glad your DH let him have it. I would go with a formal complaint to HR. This is no way to treat employees!!! Virtual hug to you! 🌺🐞🌼

Will check out the Wildflower Festival in the mountains today. Will be fun! Hiking and learning about plants!

Have a good Saturday everyone! 😊😊😊

3rd post

Yesterday’s lunar eclipse were very beautiful.

@at thanks I just do my best and pray to be a good mother and grandmother. I’ll join you and @coda for the fast days on Monday and Tuesday 30 and 31 July.

@rainbowsmile thanks for your wishes. When I take my medicine it gets easier to move but when the medicine wears off it’s painful 😣. Thanks again for hosting the August challenge and please count me in.

Good night 💤🌙😴😘

3rd post

Really pleased with how today went. Made better food choices, stayed under 500 cals, walked 5 miles and completed Day 7 of 30 Day Shred!

@at thanks for the reminder re FD, TDEE and calorie distribution over the week. I can get caught up with the 500 cal thing as I need set boundaries otherwise I find it too easy to go totally off track. Hearing it explained clearly is a great reminder that I can balance the books in other ways, so to speak.

Temperature has finally dropped and everything feels so much better. My little boy was back to his happy, laid back, chirpy self and we had a lovely day at Battersea Park.

@anna6 I agree with @at – your daughter is so lucky to have you and your grandchildren are blessed to have you in their lives. I lost my mother in 2014, my son was born in 2016. Not a day goes by when I don’t think and wish that they could have met and known each other. There are so many things I wish I could now ask her. Being a mother is the best thing to ever have happened to me, it’s such a privilege and a joy. However being a mother without a mother can be bittersweet at times. Sorry for getting too deep! It’s nice to write things down here and get them out. You sound like a truly wonderful mother and grandmother. I hope you start feeling an improvement in your arm very soon.

@anna6 @at @coda I’ll also join you and fast on Monday and Tuesday. Let’s end the month on a high (or low i suppose, if we’re talking about weight!).

Sunday tomorrow and this week I’m going to make it a busy day and banish my Sunday night blues!

USA Day 28 NFD

Had a good NFD today, eating only nutritious foods. I prefer that because I find I have so much energy when I select good food. An ice cream once in awhile is okay, too! 🙂 Hope everyone had a great day today! Take care!

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Thank you everybody for your support. I have taken note of your comments. And @beedoo, thank you, as a HR Manager for providing your input.

So I have decided that I will make a formal complaint to HR about my manager. There have been complaints made about him before my time, apparently he was on his final warning around the time I started, 18 months ago, but he is still there. The company are following due process which is why I am not confident that he will be dealt with in a way that suits me. ,ie get rid of him! An apology from this man will NOT suffice.

He has not really bullied me before, he does say terribly offensive things to the young lads, as a “joke” and he is extremely opinionated to the point where I dont engage in much conversation with him or walk away when he is “joking” offensively to the lads. I have said previously to my female colleagues that we could be called as witnesses to a bullying case because of the things he says to the lads.

But Friday he took out his power play and frustration on a particular work situation on me, in front of some of the young lads, getting them to check on something as he did not believe me, insinuating I was a liar and sneaking off from work. The boys looked horrified having to, basically, dob me in to the boss.

I heard from my colleagues later that he did not turn up for that farewell dinner anyway, and the entire conversation at the meal was how he had treated me. The teenage boys were disgusted with him. They are good lads, I hope they never have to deal with a manager like him again in their future careers.

. I am feeling unwell, the thought of working with him again makes me feel sick, my stomach is churning, I guess I am stressed. I am going to my doctor tomorrow and will tell him the situation and I won’t go back to work until I feel better. I will think seriously about whether I want to stay there but I can’t/won’t work with this man again.

And will finish July with b2b FD but at home, contemplating my future.

Hello day 29 from NI
    I checked in late last night but realised too late I wasn’t logged in and lost my post 😔
    In short was something like this –

So far so good

@at, @anna6, @beedoo and I holding hands 👭👭 to see July out with a bang

@anna6 – amazing woman, so selfless Hope the shoulder gets better soon!

@daffodil2010 for manager! if your owner has any wit! Why risk loosing someone who is such a good worker, gets on with ‘most’, apart from morons and most of the time enjoys her work apart from when said moron has a pop.

@rainbowsmile interesting link to Marissa Peer.

Day 29, UK, NFD

Good plan @daffodil2010. Sending a huge hug xx
    You’re welcome @at – I seem to remember it was @rainbowsmile‘s search for a LBD (or two) that prompted it.
    Great to see you back in the groove @coda 🙂

After a good LCHF day yesterday, I am very happy with progress. Plan to repeat today, FD tomorrow and a sensible day on Tuesday. I’m committed to a night out on Tuesday, so won’t be able to join in the end of month B2B – but I’ll make the best choices possible.

“Being challenged in life is inevitable. Being defeated is optional.”

Day 29, Guildford UK, FD

So it begins from 7pm tonight going keto to start preparing for the 10 day WFD I plan from 1 August 2018.

This should minimise my hunger and I shall be hungry on day 2, usually ravenous but this cuts it down substantially.

Mari

Day 29, UK, NFD

With one more day to go in July, I can be sure I won’t meet my target weight, on the contrary, I went the other way and put on the weight I lost last month. Oh well, bring on August 🙂

The best part of this month was the fact that I was your host, that makes the month feel enjoyable regardless of the scales. I enjoyed it greatly 🤗 ❤ 🐞 🌹

Enjoy your Sunday everyone 🤗

Day 29, Gozo, Malta, nfd

Daffodil2010 rest and think clearly but don’t let a bully change your job if you were happy 😃 there doing it.

Beedoo and Coda thank you so much. I just try to do my best. Beedoo you could pray to your mother to help you from heaven. My arm still hurts but is easier with the medicine I’m taking. Let’s end July with At too together fasting. The best possible thing to do to ourselves these last couple of days of this month.

Today I had a takeaway risotto with tartufo and pancetta. I also had a piece of an American chocolate cake I made this morning. This evening I’ll eat only fruit or a cereal bar with my medicine.

Enjoy 😉 Sunday everyone.

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Very good CD yesterday. We’ve had a pleasant change to cooler weather – feels more like September here. I feel for all of you dealing with abject heat, though! We never quite get to choose our weather, do we?

Onward and downward.

Day 29 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD’

@shiny Thing thank you for hosting July, It went by way to fast. Thank you @rainbowsmile for hosting August. I am going to end July with 2 fast days on Monday and Tuesday. Was going to include today but DH is out of town and my 93 year old MIL whom lives with us asked to go out for brunch. She hardly ever gets out of the house due to chronic pain. So will be happy to get her out for a bit. Will make good choices for brunch, but always end up having a Bloody.

Nothing is impossible the word itself says I’m possible. Have a great Sunday everyone.

Day 29, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Have a good Sunday everyone! 😊🐞🦋🌼🌻

Day 29 Belfast NFD

What a weekend! We went to a caravan site overlooking the Irish Sea in the foothills of the Mourne Mountains. Thursday, we walked in a reservoir which is so dry, it has revealed a road and bridge from the 1800s which disappeared when they build the dam and flooded the valley. Friday night and the clouds rolled in so no lovely moon. No moon in fact. The torrential rain kept us awake during the night. It continued into Saturday to the point where the drains and sewers couldn’t cope and burst, spewing their contents down the hill and past our caravan. The awning flooded, soaking doggie’s bed, the water found its way up the waste hose and into the shower, which promptly overflowed…..need I say more? I had to put the heating on to dry out our wet clothes. We came home a day early! The heatwave is definitely over.
    @rainbowsmile how exciting that you might travel all that way and meet up with Diana123!
    @moukinator – congratulations to you and your fiancé on your success, and how lovely you are travelling this journey together.
    @emma Taylor well done you on your low numbers. I’m sure you’ll be below 25 long before the end of the year.
    @daffodil2010 hope you love your new purchases. I think it was either @strawberriesandcream or @rainbowsmile who put me In touch with the site. Isn’t it amazing what we all share despite the distances between us!
    @shinything feeling out of sorts is not a bit nice and you’ve been there for a little while now. Should you maybe pop into the doctor and get a checkup? Hope you feel better soon.
    @Strawberriesandcream I saw that poor creature too. Poor thing. However, apart from the smudges, it was quite a work of art!
    @beedoo I feel sorry for all you folks in London, especially the little ones, who don’t really understand. However, I think as I write this the temperature has dropped a little. Hope you enjoy the cool when it comes!
    @metatauta and Missy Bear – I know exactly where you’re coming from. Isn’t it great!
    @daffodil2010 – bullying bosses in this day and age should be a thing of the past. Good for your OH to ring him up. I would definitely make a complaint to HR. Why should he be allowed to get away with it? Before I left teaching my last principal was a real bully, especially to the young teachers and temps. Myself and another older teacher delighted in trying to thwart his carryings on. Saying that, it was easy because I knew I was leaving. Good luck in making your choices. You always seemed to love what you do, so don’t let him win.
    @anna6 hope your shoulder heals quickly.

Was so sorry to hear about the fires in California. Yet more destruction in this crazy world.

Where has this month gone?
    Two FDs planned to see out the month.

💪💪💪💪💪💪 everyone!

Day 29 London UK NFD

Just checking in very quickly today. NFD and I’m eating ALL my calories and enjoying every single one of them!

Looking forward to a solid couple of FDs before month end. Hope you’ve all had a lovely weekend.

2nd post

Thanks Debster251.

Viewing 50 posts - 701 through 750 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.