July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 810 total)

• USA Day 29 FD

FD going well, coming in under 500 calories. With careful planning, weighing, and measuring, it seems I can eat anything. So far I have had a fried egg in olive oil, 2 oz. cured salmon, and some strawberries for breakfast; a 4 oz London broil steak, 1 cup crookneck squash, and pudding topped with 1 tbsp. of whipped cream for lunch (I like to eat my largest meal mid day); and for dinner I will have a tuna and tomato salad. All this comes in just under 500 calories, is healthy, and very filling! Hope all of you are doing well! Looks like many of us are busy outdoors for the summer and that’s great. I plan on going for a swim myself shortly! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 29 – Florida

Ugh!! looks like I gain 2 lbs. ๐Ÿ™ Waited till late in date to post. Didn’t want to admit it. Maybe the strawberry shortcakes didn’t help. Oh well. Have to keep going.
    Hope everyone had a better day. ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 30 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

It’s Monday morning but I am not going to work. I am going to make an appointment to see my doctor, I will tell him about the work incident and how I feel stressed thinking about it (kept waking up last night with my heart seeming to be beating fast), and get signed off on stress leave. Then I know I am safe from working with him again.

I took three hours yesterday to formulate a detailed report on the incident and I have officially filed a formal complaint to HR. They wil now have to deal with that first thing this morning. I have been told off the record by one of the directors that all will be fine with me, they have been waiting for an official complaint to deal with him.

I won’t leave my job just yet. I do love it, it’s the manager that is the problem.

FD today. Together we are stronger. day 30
    @daffodil2010

Day 30. Belfast FD

@daffodil2010 – by the sound of things it will sort itself out in your favour. Stay strong my friend. YOU are in the right.

FD today. Together we are stronger.

@daffodil2010
    @debster251

Hi all from NI day 30 FD

FD today. Together we are stronger and I’m adding my hand holding buddies

@daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ๐Ÿ‘ญ

@daffodil2010 – for manager if they have any sense.

Day 30, UK, FD

Adding myself to the pocket list for Day 30.

@daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream

Together we are stronger.

Adding myself to the pocket list for day 30

@daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor

Sunโ€™s gone away I think. Canโ€™t decide if thatโ€™s a good thing. I got on the Central line last week and I thought I was going to die, it was so hot. Seeing all my sisters in London this week. Should be fun.

My hipbones have returned. Managed to cover them up after a rather indulgent two weeks in Barcelona. Ha.

Have a good day all. H

Day 30 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

We ate all the yummy but unhealthy things over the weekend, though I was careful with the portion size. As a result, happy to say that I am the same weight I was before the weekend!

Fasting day today for the final push this month. Fried egg on toast for breakfast, yoghurt with granola and banana for lunch, hopefully fish with salad for dinner.

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

@daffodil2010, hope everything works out at work!

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator

Day 30, UK, FD ๐Ÿ™‚

My first FD in over a week, and just appropriate to end the month on a bit of an upside fasting/mood wise ๐Ÿ˜€

@debster251 thank you for the doc suggestion my friend ๐ŸŒน, but I think I’ll be ok, I’m starting to feel better ๐Ÿ™‚

@daffodil2010 well done on taking an action and not leaving the job you like! Why would you allow a bully to push you out?! Stick to your guns, as they say, and all will be fine ๐Ÿค—

I’m off to work now, will post my end of the month results tomorrow ๐Ÿ™‚

Have a great day everyone ๐Ÿค—

Its been a pleasure to be your host this month ๐Ÿ’ฎ ๐Ÿž โค

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything

Day 30 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

@daffodil2010 Stay your ground and don’t let anyone take away your happy. I took abuse from a manager for three years and filed many complaints he is now gone and when people asked why I stayed, I told them that I was not going to let him take my happiness.

Going to make the last two days of July FD’s as I am still feeling bloated.
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123

Go be love the world needs you, Have a great Monday everyone.

Day 30 – UK – 1st of B2B FDs
    Day 29 – NFD

Rain over the weekend and a drop in temperature – all gratefully received! Overcast this morning but sunshine predicted for the afternoon ๐ŸŒค

DD did not like that dress when she tried it and I agreed with her so will be packing it up today to post back and have now ordered the other dress we tried on in Manchester and will see how she feels about it when she tries it on again!

@rainbowsmile – I’m in awe of your preparation and plan for a 10 day water fast to start of the the August Challenge – looking forward to reading your posts on how you are feeling day by day ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช
    @michelinme – great to hear that your recovery is going well and so happy for you on that successful FD and feeling wonderful afterwards๐Ÿค—
    @beedoo – you are welcomed and glad to hear that your little boy is back to his happy self – happy baby equals a happy mummy xx
    @debster251 – sorry to hear that your weekend was a washout in more ways than one ๐Ÿ˜‰ same sort of weather up here in Cumbria too……felt sorry for the people who were doing the Lakeland 50 and 100mile race ๐Ÿƒโ€โ™€๏ธ The first lady was second overall and only about 10 mins behind the first male – amazing!!!
    @daffodil2010 – so happy to hear that you are looking after yourself and not letting that bully chase you out of a job you love – you have all our support xx

Two days left of this July Challenge – cannot believe how fast this month has gone by – @coda there are now 6 of us joining you on a B2B FDs to end this July Challenge!

Pocket list for today: If you are fasting please copy and paste the list and add yourself ๐Ÿ˜‡
    @coda – B2B
    @daffodil2010 – B2B
    @debster251 – B2B
    @anna6 – B2B
    @at – B2B
    @beedoo – B2B
    @diana123 – B2B
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything

โ€œIF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOWโ€

Day 30 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ FD

@at wedding day is 23 August, after many years of living together we made the decision to marry only a few weeks ago, it was the death of our beloved cat that made us realise how precious and fragile life is, not to be wasted, and as she was such a happy bundle of love and fun we are marking her life with a joyful event!

@daffodil2010 good plan, stay strong ๐Ÿค—

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear

Together we are stronger ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 30 โ€“ London UK โ€“ FD

After a lovely day of eating yesterday I gained half a pound and can definitely live with that! I had some truly delicious cheeses and cold meats yesterday afternoon. Heaven!

Spent the evening making up a lentil vegetable curry. Lots of fragrant spices, roasted garlic, and a generous kick from tempered chillies. Cannot wait for this tonight and great to have it made up ahead of time. I have found that otherwise I end up eating half my allowance whilst making the meal!

In a bid to start these two days of fasting on the right note I did my 30 Day Shred workout this morning before work. I say before work but also before nursery drop off. Mornings on a work day are a bit chaotic in that I have to get myself as well as my little one ready. This involves chasing him around the place, nappy changes, milk time, giving him a quick bite, getting his bag together, dressing him (only just before we leave the house!) showering myself and trying to make myself look presentable. Then drive to nursery take him in, quick handover with nursery staff, and then I can drive to work. So I am pleased that I managed to squeeze in a 30 min workout in amongst that today!

I will head out for a walk at lunchtime. I always take my lunchbreak (whether I am eating or not) away from my desk. I used to work through and have lunch at my desk every day and itโ€™s just not right. I try and encourage others to get out and can hardly do this if I donโ€™t practice it myself! Have had good success with this and at the very least staff have lunch together away from their desks.

Yesterday I left my son napping with my husband and went out for an hour. Managed to walk 4 miles in 1hr and 2mins so I will try to get to 4 miles again today.

@daffodil2010 glad to hear you have decided to take some time out after last weekโ€™s incident and that you are making a formal complaint. If his actions can be regarded as gross misconduct then that should be enough to let him go. If not then the complaints made in the past will help. At the very least disciplinary action will have to be taken. I know I donโ€™t know you very well at all and itโ€™s not my place, but I am so proud of you for standing up to this disgusting behaviour. Sounds like you have the support from the business on your side as well which is great. Thinking of you and hope doctorโ€™s appointment goes okay. I hope you have a calming, relaxing day.

@emma-taylor looks like we are set to head back to 31c in London by the end of the week. Letโ€™s enjoy this break of the heat while it lasts! My little boy went running out into the torrential rain at the weekend, we were all so delighted to see it! Enjoy time with your sisters โ€“ have you any nice plans for what you will do together?

@shinything thank you so much for hosting this month. It was my first full month of this WOL and I know that this thread has played a very significant role in keeping me motivated and focused.

@rainbowsmile 10 day water fast! Wow. That is incredible. I too am looking forward to reading about how it goes!

@coda thanks for adding me to the list for today. @coda @anna6 @at Iโ€™ve got your hands and Iโ€™m not letting go! Iโ€™m wondering about also fasting on Wednesday as it would be good to start the month as I mean to go on. However I will see how the next couple of days go. Will go over and say hello and an intro on the August thread this afternoon.

Day 30 UK FD

Seems weird that it’s day 30, after I’ve seemingly lost most of the month to illness. Still feel pretty out of it, disconnected with mainstream world. Time to get connected with myself, and hopefully the rest will follow.

Saturday I baked bread and only succumbed to two medium slices, same again on Sunday. Couldn’t make myself eat salad yesterday bc sick, enjoyed the comfort food of my home made instant chocolate & banana rice pudding and stayed well within TDEE. Thanks @at for the reminder re overall calorie intake and @debster251 of the baskets – it’s possible to make good choices in the context of a week.

Sadly I counted my recovery chickens a little soon, reminding myself I’m on day. Intense chest pain Saturday night heralded pleurisy, moved from the bottom of the lung to the top. Gave me a few hours of experimental stretching, painkillers, hot water bottle (!) and breathlessness, followed by a Sunday morning back to panting again. I’m functioning at c30% of my normal and still exhausted. Was due to have repeat blood tests & chest x-ray this week anyway, but will also run the fresh symptoms past GP. Time to find patience with these fresh restrictions, which come on top of my existing neuro health issues.

My week away has been cancelled as the friend i was going to stay with has just had a cancer diagnosis within her immediate family. Disappointed but not sure my breathing/health is in a good place for being away at the moment. Time for a gentle staycation or retreat at home, setting up a daily framework of gentle mindful activity, reading and finally some serious writing. And block out some quiet times, days out, perhaps a couple of short trips, then a proper break for the end of October.

@daffodil2010 so glad to hear about your work choices – hope the GP is supportive and your complaint is handled well. In the meantime, it’s time to look after yourself and your mental and physical health x

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @michelinme

Day 30, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Adding myself to pocket list:
    @codaย โ€“ B2B
    @daffodil2010ย โ€“ B2B
    @debster251ย โ€“ B2B
    @anna6ย โ€“ B2B
    @atย โ€“ B2B
    @beedooย โ€“ B2B
    @diana123ย โ€“ B2B
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @micheline
    @redrockgirl302 – B2B

Have a good Monday everyone! ๐Ÿ˜Š๐ŸŒบ๐ŸŒป

Day 30 North Wales FD

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @michelinme
    @molij

Day 28 – USA – NFD
    Day 29 – USA – NFD
    Day 30 – USA – NFD

@rainbowsmile, please count me in for August’s challenge. @shinything, thank you for hosting July. It was an absolute bust for me. I think I had at the most 3 FDs and need to learn from it and start fresh for August. @emma Taylor, glad you are able to see your hips again! @daffodil2010, as we used to say, don’t let the turkeys get you down! @michelinme, feel better (hugs).

Day 30 North Canton OH FD

@coda make that 7, I am in on the B2B FD to end the July challenge
    @daffodil2010 good for you; the best way to deal with bullies is to stand up to them. Stay strong!
    @ccco your 500 calorie day sounds awesome!
    @emma Taylor hello hipbones ๏Š
    @missybear congrats on the upcoming nuptials again and thanks for sharing your story. Life is so short, and itโ€™s important to celebrate the ones we love while we can.
    @michelinme I hope you feel better and back to yourself soon ๐Ÿ™ that must be rough. Prayers for your friend.
    @metatauta you are not alone, Mid to end of July was a trend in the wrong direction for me but thatโ€™s the beauty of this WOL, we pick up and keep going.
    One more day in July, make it count!!
    Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @michelinme
    @molij
    @basyjames

Day 30. Cornwall UK, FD

Still here, just busy time of year. And making detailed plans for my business expansion. Wish you lived near me @daffodil2010 as I would try and tempt you away! Stay strong for the job you enjoy as they don’t come along that often. In my experience you can often outlast a bad manager, so finding your strategies for dealing with him is a good thing.

Did my final weigh-in last Friday, as I only weigh once a week. Down another 0.4kg to 74.4kg. Only 0.8kg down for the month but as I’ve lost a lot I don’t mind if it takes a while to lose the last 10kgs, as I am feeling so much better already. Won’t give up though, as I have decided I will use intermittent fasting as a way to control my weight long-term as I never want to gain it back. Thats for sure.

Looking out the window at the grey skies and willing the heat wave to return – its been rather lovely in Cornwall as its not been too hot. If only we had it like this every year.

Day 30, FD, US

Echoing all those supportive comments Daffodil2010, but how disappointing that the directors felt they had to wait for an official complaint before dealing with that a’hole of a manager (pls excuse the language!). Cross fingers they act swiftly so you can return to the job you love.

Well done on (re)discovering those hipbones, @EmmaTaylor! Mine are down there somewhere…

USA Day 30 NFD

Thank you, Basyjames! I have been trying to do a 500 calorie fast on alternate days for the past week to lose the holiday weight I put on. I want to start August off on the right foot! I am surprised that I have been so successful because I was having trouble sticking with that before. Today is a NFD and so far so good! Hope everyone enjoys their day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 30 – Florida

FD today. I decided to weigh again this morning and saw that I lost one of those pounds that showed up on Sunday. I’ll take it.
    @shinything, thanks for hosting the month July.
    @Daffodil2010- hang in there. Be proud of standing up for yourself. It’s especially hard for women to stand but with the new movement for women taking place all over, hopefully, it will become easier.
    Have a great week everyone.

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @michelinme
    @molij
    @basyjames
    @kaywesterman

Day 30, Gozo, Malta, fd

Thanks for adding me Coda.

ShinyThing thanks for hosting this month.

Rainbow smile I look forward to your posts about your ten day water fast.

So far Iโ€™ve consumed 600 calories and intend to eat some figs this evening. I weighed at 68.4 kilos up from Saturday s weight by 1.2 kilos. I simply gained so much weight just like that and didnโ€™t indulge much over the weekend.

Have a great evening/night everyone. Onwards and downwards

Day 30 – Eastern WA now USA – FD

Finally all moved over to the eastern side of the state. Of course now to unpack… but wanted to get in a good FD today. It’s high time for a FD. BTW I was so blessed with my son helping with the move and friends at each end helping pack & unpack the Uhaul.

I don’t have my computer set up yet so if someone can add me to the FD list that’d be great.

@daffodil2010 – I’m glad you’ve sorted out a plan if action regarding your abusive boss. He needs to be stopped. I like how your hubby stepped in to support you. He’s a keeper.

@shinything – thanks for your hosting even during a tough month for you. I’ve lost some ground weightwise this month but I’m keeping on. I wish you well on the journey.

Day 30 2nd post

Just blew my FD with a late evening carb attack ๐Ÿ™ Still under TDEE but goodness, it was like the Old Days of not being able to control the craving and body moving without thinking.

Difficult to make tomorrow a FD bc it’s my mother’s 80th birthday and she’s coming over for afternoon tea! O well, live and learn. need to remember to plan ahead for a good FD on Thursday. And keep carbs out of the house!

Pocket list for today:
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @coda
    @anna6
    @at
    @beedoo
    @strawberriesandcream
    @emma-taylor
    @moukinator
    @shinything
    @diana123
    @missybear
    @michelinme
    @molij
    @basyjames
    @kaywesterman
    @annemarilyn – done

Had a good fast day 1 coffee, water and a fruit and broccoli smoothie.
    Tomorrow evening will be a spinach and feta cheese omelette. Will weigh in on Wednesday to give me an end for July and start for August.
    @beedoo join me on Wednesday as I plan to start August with a fast day tho may make it a 500/800 one but we’ll see.
    @michelineme – you have been through the mill – wishing you a speedy recovery back to health and fitness tho it may take a while to get 100% again but you’ll get there.

Day 30 – USA – FD
    Second post: well, today morphed into a FD, but a little under 800 cals, not my usual, but I’m happy to at least get one in again before the end of the month. So far 4 FDs instead of 8. We’ll see what Cruella says on the 1st. I’m probably going to have lost nothing or even gained 1-2 lbs since the beginning of the month. August is going to have to be a push to get serious again.

Day 30 (almost over…) USA (Illinois) NFD

Had a very busy day, but probably still managed to eat close to TDEE. Wanted to check in.

Onward and downward.

Day 31 Belfast FD

Final weight 145.2 lbs. waist 32.5โ€

@EmmaTaylor – enjoy your sister time!
    @at thank you for updating the pocket list.
    @missybear – what a wonderful day the 23rd will be for you all!
    @beedoo – your curry sounds delicious. That little bit of โ€˜meโ€™ time is so important.
    @michelinme – so sorry to hear your recovery has taken a backward step. Take care of yourself.
    @annemarilyn – glad you move went well.
    @daffodil2010 – you usually post before me. Hope you had a more restful night and your GP supported you fully. Take care my friend.

Iโ€™m finishing this month in a good place. For the first time in a long time I feel happy with myself. Many of you have shared your stories so hereโ€™s mine. The last 20 years have been a downward spiral of comfort eating. My OH has an ever increasing drink problem and I am a passenger in a life that is not of my choosing. When I was teaching, I immersed myself in my work but since retirement the problem has become a bigger part of my life because of course we spend more time together and my social circle has shrunk. He is a good man and I love him. He isnโ€™t aggressive or angry when he drinks but it is very soul destroying to see the one you love do this to himself and it can be very lonely.
    2 1/2 years ago I decided to start on the long journey to fix myself. My weight loss journey has been just as much about fixing my head as much as my waistline. Now, when I look in the mirror, I see a much slimmer and happier woman. Iโ€™ve spruced up my image – it was so easy when I stopped work to let myself go particularly when I didnโ€™t like what I saw in the mirror, got a beautiful rescue dog, who loves me unconditionally, and filled my life with friends, family and volunteering. Iโ€™m still married. Where that goes Iโ€™m not sure, but the stress is subsiding (not entirely away) and I feel confident about the future. This forum has been a lifeline. Your friendship has been the highlight of my day and I sincerely thank you for the love and support you have given me. I approach August with a spring in my step.

Pocket list for today:
    @codaย โ€“ B2B
    @daffodil2010ย โ€“ B2B
    @debster251ย โ€“ B2B
    @anna6ย โ€“ B2B
    @atย โ€“ B2B
    @beedooย โ€“ B2B
    @diana123ย โ€“ B2B
    @redrockgirl302 โ€“ B2B

You only get on body in this life. Love it and look after it.

Day 31 – UK – 2nd of B2B

Yesterday ended up being a WFD not planned but was just busy and did not really feel hungry so kept drinking water and before I knew it I was back home after my evening yoga class and realised that I had zero calories all day so why not make it my first fully WFD – perhaps inspired by @rainbowsmile who is starting a 10 day WFD tomorrow…….

Currently having a cup of tea with a dash of skimmed milk – first calorie intake since dinner on Sunday evening – I’m off out soon for my regular Tuesday AM outing with my walking group – planning on a 500cal FD today but will eat when I actually feel hungry

@missybear – wishing much happiness to you and your OH – 23rd is not that far ๐Ÿ‘ฐ
    @michelinme – sending you many healing vibes x
    @emma-taylor – your comment about discovering your hip bones brought back memories of my joy when mine appeared ๐Ÿ˜Š
    @michelinme – you still came in under TDEE ๐Ÿ‘
    @shinything – thank you so much for hosting this month’s challenge – will post my final report tomorrow after today’s FD so will have July end weight and a start one for August – carrying on with maintenance!!! These are for you ๐Ÿ’๐Ÿค—

Pocket list for the last day of this July Challenge – copy and paste and add your name if you are fasting:
    @coda โ€“ B2B
    @daffodil2010 โ€“ B2B
    @debster251 โ€“ B2B
    @anna6 โ€“ B2B
    @at โ€“ B2B
    @beedoo โ€“ B2B
    @diana123 โ€“ B2B
    @redrockgirl302 โ€“ B2B
    @basyjames – B2B

โ€œDONโ€™T WAIT UNTIL YOU REACH YOUR GOAL TO BE PROUD OF YOURSELF. BE PROUD OF EACH STEP YOU TAKE TOWARD REACHING THAT GOALโ€

Day 31 – UK – Reading – FD

I’ve been rather absent this month, and not doing terribly well with weight, we’ve been away for a couple of weekends and I take my eye off the ball. But back to it today, and adding myself to the pocket list.

So sorry to hear of your stress at work @daffodil2010. You are doing absolutely the right thing. If no one stands up to him, then the problem continues. It takes courage, but it’s the right thing to do. Stay strong.

@coda โ€“ B2B
    @daffodil2010 โ€“ B2B
    @debster251 โ€“ B2B
    @anna6 โ€“ B2B
    @at โ€“ B2B
    @beedoo โ€“ B2B
    @diana123 โ€“ B2B
    @redrockgirl302 โ€“ B2B
    @basyjames โ€“ B2B
    @ktcaroline

Day 31 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD

Well I am posting later than normal which means I am still off work. I could not get any earlier doctors appointment until 9am tomorrow morning, and that’s with a locum! Oh well, it’s meant to be. My medical centre is actually where I used to work in the city so I have to go back to my old workplace to get a sick certain for work related stress….how ironic ๐Ÿ˜€

My boss tried to ring me twice yesterday morning, I felt sick when I saw the calls coming up. ๐Ÿ˜จ He sent me a text saying he did not mean to upset me, he was sorry, and that my husband told him I might quit and if I did he was very sad to hear that as he thought we worked well together. ๐Ÿ˜ฑ Guess he had not been told of the official complaint at that stage. Oh my stomach churns thinking of all this sh*t I am going through.

HR formally acknowledged my complaint and will conduct an investigation. I may be called in for an interview as part of the investigation.

It’s all I think about now, I am not sleeping well, and I really thank God for my super supportive husband and friends, and having you guys on this forum, as I feel the pressure is overwhelming. I am not normally the sort of person to fight the big cYse, but enough is enough, and I won’t let this man take away my dignity at work.

I will pop back in later and personally acknowledge some of your supportive comments. My granddaughter is here so I want to give her lots of snuggles. ๐Ÿค—

@debster251 thank you so much for thinking of me and for sharing your story. Take care. ๐Ÿค—

Day 31, Newcastle UK, NFD

“There really is something lovely about the first day of a new month. And itโ€™s totally up to me how I will feel on the last day. So here goes.”

That is what I wrote in my first post on July 1st – and this is how I am ending the month:

Final weigh in for July – 140.6lbs, that’s 3.8lbs dispatched in July and to say I am delighted is an understatement.

I had no idea on July 1st that I was going to be embarking on my final battle with my wine dragon just 3 days later. But I did and I have won.

@debster251 – it feels pretty ironic writing this post after just reading yours. You sound incredibly strong and in control. The positive elements of your life are outweighing the thing that makes you sad. As we all know too well, nobody else can make decisions for other people, and only you know how your OH would respond if you bought him ‘Alcohol Explained’ by William Porter. It’s not a ‘preachy’ book in the slightest – just explains in plainfacts what alcohol does to people. Knowing that it is not the fault of anybody who drinks – even the most hardened alcoholics – is the key to winning the battle.
    Congratulations on your successful move @annemarilyn. This is the start of the rest of your wonderful life x
    Just read your post @daffodil2010. Hate to think of you feeling so bad, you really have no need to. Your manager is obviously panicking (good) and you’re doing the right thing to let HR handle the situation. I know it’s easier said than done, but I hope you can relax your mind today. Big hugs.

Finally – a huge thanks to @shinything for hosting us this month – for the 2nd time in a matter of months – that’s dedication! You’ve had a rough month but it’s just about over. Wishing you all the best for a great August ๐Ÿ™‚

“Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strength. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Mahatma Gandhi

Day 31 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Maintenance range 129 to 133 lbs.
    Weight this morning 129.2 lbs.
    All is good ๐Ÿ˜Ž I will be careful during the first three weeks of August to ensure I have adequate wriggle room for the wedding celebratory feasting.

@shinything thank you so much for hosting this month. I hope you feel better in August ๐Ÿ’

@michinlinme take care youโ€™ve been through a horrible illness so a few comfort carbs in recovery wonโ€™t hurt, just donโ€™t let it become a habit ๐Ÿ˜‰

@annemarilyn wishing you happiness in your new home ๐Ÿก

@debster251 thank you for sharing, what you have achieved given your situation shows strength of character and is inspirational. Be happy ๐Ÿค—

@daffodil2010 thinking of you and sending more positive vibes, youโ€™ve done the tough bit in deciding your course of action now stay strong while the discipline procedure is implemented. Take care and look after yourself to see this through, justice is on your side.

Congratulations everyone for finishing the challenge and thank you all for helping and inspiring me to continue to become a happier and healthier me. See you in August ๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 31, UK, NFD

Finally a successful FD yesterday, and I finish at 54kg still. Its ok though because I feel in myself that I’m turning the corner and looking in the right direction. Weight will follow and reflect that ๐Ÿ™‚

@ccco I like the way you started eating, all good food, I find it the same, when I eat healthy I can eat anything and feel good ๐Ÿ™‚

@beedoo I’m in awe! How on earth do you manage to workout and do all the things you need to do, amazing! ๐Ÿ˜€ And you are most welcome ๐Ÿ™‚ , glad to hear you enjoyed your first full month of this WOL ๐Ÿ’ƒ

@michelinme sorry to hear your health took a turn for worse again ๐Ÿ™ , I really hope its sorted out and you feel better soon โค. Remember to be kind to yourself and don’t beat yourself up over your carb attack, your body is weak now and reacting in a different way, just focus on recovery for now and other things will follow ๐Ÿ™‚ , sending you lots of good vibes and healing energy xx

@metatauta and Basyjames July was not a good month for me either, so bring on August! We carry on ๐Ÿค—

@cornish-jane glad to hear your plans for business are in final planning stages, good luck! ๐Ÿ˜€

@annemarilyn happy to hear you moved and now just have to unpack, thats a major job done and over with ๐Ÿ˜€

@debster251 your story really touched me, thank you for sharing it with us โค. It is the hardest thing to watch a loved one being self destructing. I hope your husband finds the strength to help himself. But its inspiring to hear how you fixed yourself and the journey you made (must be a lonely one) to find yourself in a happy place ๐Ÿ’ xx

@at thank you for the flowers x , you are a role model for many of us here ๐Ÿค—

@ktcaroline welcome back ๐Ÿค—

@daffodil2010 try not to get consumed with what happened at work, I know its very hard, but try and remind yourself that there are other more positive things in your life and this issue will be over xx

@Strawberriesandcream I’m delighted to hear you are ending this month on a positive note and you won your battle, well done you ๐Ÿ’ƒ

@missybear thank you, and I’m so excited about your upcoming wedding in August ๐Ÿ’ƒ

Well this is the last day of July, I will leave it behind me and head off to August ๐Ÿ™‚

See you all there lovely people โค ๐Ÿ’ ๐Ÿค—

Day 31 – NFD; Dublin, Ireland

Final weigh-in this month and the results are in:

July Start Weight = 71.5kg
    July End Weight = 69.6kg
    Total Weight Loss = 1.9kg!

Fiance July Start Weight = 115.5kg
    Fiance End Weight = 113.5kg
    Total Weight Loss = 2kg!

I had aimed to lose only 1kg this month so this result has come as a great surprise! I have a feeling that it’s time for another plateau, which is alright by me at this point. Hoping for continued weight loss for fiance, I know he is keen to meet his 2nd goal – to reach 110kg. His first was to lose 10kg.

I’ve been feeling a bit weak these last couple of days, with some muscle pain as well, even though we haven’t done any exercise. I’m wondering if it’s because of this rapid weight loss, fiance suggested reading up on glycogen in the muscles.

So apparently glycogen serves as a form of energy storage, mostly in our skeletal muscle and liver. When glucose levels in our blood start to drop, insulin will drop also and the glycogen will be broken down into glucose to give our body the energy kick it needs. For the next 8-12h, the glucose derived from liver glycogen will be the main source of energy.

When starting any diet, but in particular a low-carb diet, the depletion in glycogen can lead to fatigue. Also, the initial rapid weight loss is primarily water weight, as glycogen is composed mostly of water. Over time the glycogen stores will be renewed and the water weight will return, which explains the plateau most of us experience.

Interesting stuff.

Best of luck to everyone fasting today, especially to all you B2B fasters! Thank you @shinything for hosting this month and see you all over in the August thread.

My goal for August will be to stay under 70kg.

Hello day 31 FD in NI

@shinything – these are for you to say thank you for looking after us this month

https://kenyastockholm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/flowers.jpg

@daffodil2010 and these are for you

https://cdn.atwilltech.com/flowerdatabase/d/dancing-daffodils-bouquet.425.jpg

@debster251 โค

Final day of July 2018 and it’s a FD.

I am settling back into my routine and I feel better but it gets harder and harder every year and I am not sure why. I went to the gym this morning and God willing, I don’t plan to miss gym days any more.

July was fun, I started well got into a groove, went on vacation gained a lot of weight and now I am trying to find my groove again. I really can’t complain, finding this WOL has been a god send and I must have finally let go of the water weight from vacation because I did not drink enough to justify all the bathroom breaks I took yesterday, my stomach also flattened out overnight.

Thank you @shinything for hosting July. Thank you @strawberriesand cream for hosting August. Thank you to all the members of this forum and for being willing to share your stories and vulnerability. We are so much stronger together. @at Thank you for the quote and for just being you, what a blessing to have all these friends and to have met you all. Blessings and my very best to you all.

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy month-end, everyone. Hope your goals were met for July, and may we all go onward and downward into August.

@debster251, I want to give you the biggest of all hugs right now.

Mari

Day 31 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD

Yikes not a good end of the month for me. Yesterday was a good FD and doing it again today BUT the scale is showing a two pound increase for the month. Not maintaining well at all. Going to do 16:8 everyday and two full fast days a week for the month of August.

Have a great Tuesday everyone. See you in August tomorrow.

Day 31, Rocky Mountains, 2 of B2B

Wow, July is almost over. Summer is going by fast.

Staying in maintenance around 55kg. Ended July with same weight as at start. Even with birthday celebrations and mini vacation. This WOL works!!!๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you for hosting July @shinything ๐ŸŒน
    @daffodil2010: Virtual hug! ๐ŸŒป
    @debster251: Virtual hug! ๐ŸŒบ

See you all in August! ๐ŸŒผ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ€๐Ÿฆ‹๐Ÿž

Day 31, Guildford UK, Prep day

Thank you @shinything for all your help on the spreadsheet for August as well as hosting July.

I finished 1lb down this month but lost body fat and gained muscle so my shape is better, bought a new top and gained some courage. So it was a great month for me.

@debster251 I will make August as sunny as possible.

@daffodil2010 you are in my daily votive and prayers.

@diana123, the great thing about this WOL and being up at the end of the month is you can see enormous changes next month.

@michelinme you are in my prayers having had a lung condition myself I know how tiring that can be.

For everyone who struggled in July know that you made it through and August comes. Let’s see some sunshine.

Mari

day 31, NFD, US

Am grabbing a few seconds to check in but no time to comment on some very deep and sharing posts. Thank you all and see you in August. Thank you @shinything too for hosting!

Day 31 – USA – NFD

My “a little under 800 calories” yesterday turned into 880 calories, but I’m calling it a FD. Yes, I know I’m cheating, but I’m behind the 8 ball here, lol! Gained 1.6 lbs. this month instead of losing the 2 I planned on. Hoping August will be a more disciplined month and also hoping to reach maintenance at least by Thanksgiving!

Day 31, Cornwall UK, NFD

Thanks @shinything for hosting. Kind of disappeared towards the end of the month but will be joining the August challenge to keep myself going. The last 1/4 of my weight loss is really wanted but difficult to realise in practice.

@debster251 – thanks for sharing your story – heartbreaking in places – but so lovely to hear you fighting your way to a better place. I understand how much better you feel in your head after losing a lot of weight. I have a lot more self-respect, and want to keep that.

Day 31, Gozo, Malta, fd

Todayโ€™s weight is 67.3 kilos down by 1.1 kilos from yesterday. This month I lost a total of 1.3 kilos.

Fast day may turn into a cd today as Iโ€™m going out to dine. Iโ€™ll choose sensibly ofcorse.

Thanks ShinyThing for hosting this month. โ€œSeeโ€ you all in the August challenge.

Onwards and downwards, have a great evening everyone.

Day 31, Mountaintop PA, USA

Another month complete and I am happy to report a final number of 142.3, just .1 lb lower than the end of June. I enjoyed July 4th, two weeks with my grandchildren and their mom, and regular socializing. Lots of gardening, daily hikes when the rain did not chase me from my mountain trail, and golf also weather permitting keeps me outside and moving. Four years plus with my Fitbit and 10,000 minimum steps per day.

I am 17 months into Fast 5:2 and a fast day for me is 800 calories. Other days are CD’s. No crazy sugar and carb fests or me. A cookie, small piece of cake or other treat now and then is fine. All things in moderation.

Only 5 FD’s for the month, but that is just right for maintenance.

Onward to August 2018. My husband and I are celebrating our 50th Wedding Anniversary. Our children and their families will join us for a weekend at Skytop Lodge in PA. I am grateful for my loving husband, children, and grandchildren.

I don’t post often but enjoy all of your inspirational messages. Thank you all.

Day 31 London UK FD

Last day of July! Feels like end of term. I made it…thanks to all you wonderful people! Sadly I have to keep this short as itโ€™s been one heck of a day and I am exhausted. Work was crazy busy as we have an audit taking place in a couple of weeks that I need to prep for, also starting recruitment process for a new role as well as trying to manage senior team egos. If only people would just get on, they are all lovely but sometime itโ€™s like working with a bunch of kids. I try not to let it get to me like it used to. Since having my boy I work three days a week and donโ€™t have time outside my hours to worry about egos being massaged! Actually, do you know what? Iโ€™m not even going to waste another minute on them! And at home tonight, my little one is teething so itโ€™s been a testing evening trying to get him to sleep…does teething ever end?!? Sorry, rant over.

So very quickly, After yesterdayโ€™s FD I weighed in this morning another 1/2kg down. Did my workout this morning and marched 4 miles in my hour long lunch break. Feeling good. Thanks to my handholders for the b2b. Will check back in tomorrow morning with my end of July weight after todayโ€™s FD.

@coda thanks for the invite, I will join you in a FD to kick start August!

Iโ€™ll be back in the morning with final weigh in for the month before heading over to the August thread.

@debster251 – your life and mine sound a bit similar. My husband sounds like yours! I really love him and like him but he also drinks a lot ( as I did, I have to say). He is a happy and chilled drinker, but freely admits he has a problem, and I doubt very much if heโ€™ll do anything about it.

I was also a teacher, have fairly recently retired, and am determined not to let my social circle collapse. So I spend quite a lot of my time seeing friends and family, and my dear OH can join in or not, but he often doesnโ€™t if it interferes with his drinking. Hey ho. What is to be done?

Sister no. 1 and I went to the Royal College of Art today to see the 100 First Women exhibition. Really worth seeing if you can get there. Iโ€™m taking sisters 2 and 3 tomorrow.

I concur with everybody that says this forum is a lifeline. I know we only know each other online, but I get a sense of a huge group of lovely women and men out there, helping each other and being encouraging when things are tough. We are lucky to have found each other. H

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.