July 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
July 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 804 replies, has 57 voices, and was last updated by  MoliJ 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 810 total)

• Day 25, Guildford UK, CFD

@slacknz I lose weight very slowly and I exercise and do this WOL. It isn’t a diet but a WOL, mainly because the fat lost stays lost! I weigh once a month and watch the trend. All of a sudden I whoosh that’s my pattern. There is no doubt that at this phase there isn’t much weight loss, but I exercise. Over the last 3 months my weight has changed by 1lb, but body composition says I have lost 5lbs of fat and gained 4 of muscle. Muscle is denser than fat so body shape has changed. Getting back my hour glass losing my fat apple. You may also find you are losing that dangerous internal fat even 2 or 3 lbs of it is so damaging. And I hope you have seen those strange fat model things? I bought one and when I look at it, it’s 3lbs equivalent, I think gracious I lost 20 of those and only have 5 more to go. This is your journey and WOL. The process works and we are all unique, some like me are super slow and others journey runs smooth. It’s ok you know.

@diana123 very interested in your spiritual retreat. Sounds very interesting.

@coda you seem to me to have a healthy and realistic attitude to this WOL. It’s all speed bumps, and I know you can keep travelling.

@debster251 which of the dresses did you buy? Are your choices in style different now from earlier days? Colours? I love the dresses and visualise you in the glamorous gold one on page 1.

@merryapple I just know you will break that number soon! Love it!

Mari

Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

You know what, since going to 5:2 from my year long customary 4:3, my weight loss has speeded up! Yesterday was an NFD, I did not count calories, but I don’t think I ate more than 800-1000 calories anyway…..and now getting near to July goal. Maybe I am relaxing more into this WOL, slaying dragons when I can, just getting used to living this way for the rest of my life.

I have successfully managed a full year, onwards now for the future 🤗 Thank you to everyone for your kind words and congratulations. You guys are a huge part of my success, your strength and support, your interesting stories, your different lifestyles, e everything helps on this journey.

Together we are certainly stronger. 👍

Wishing you all a good day.

Hello all from NI day 25 Fast day number 3

I can feel a difference in myself – I just need to not loose the plot but eat to keep my optimal basket filled. Its all in what we tell ourselves isn’t it?

@anna6 I’m still holding your hand and the finishing line is in sight. I usually weigh Mondays and Wednesdays but may just step on scales tomorrow as well – just to see. Thank you for your support x

Yesterday I estimate the calories to be just slightly over 500 as I split a sweet chilli chicken wrap with my OH at lunch time. Already planning a nice bowl of berries with natural yogurt and some seeds for tomorrow.

Thank you @rainbowsmile – your journey has not been without its speed bumps but you have done fantastically well. I enjoyed reading about the poo – our bodies are really amazing and most people don’t even think of what is going on behind the scenes.

Not sure if anyone has ever read the story about life being like a train journey – some people are already on the train when you begin your journey ie Grandparents, parents and maybe a sibling, some join us and leave without us even noticing, some join us and make an impact that changes us, some leave us too early and the seat is painfully empty, some join us and will be on our journey until its time for us to leave. I think of all of you joining me on my train journey – some come and go, others have stayed and made a difference, some hop on and off but its always nice to see them again. Just to say thanks for catching this particular train x

Day 25, UK, FD

I saw my name on the pocket list for yesterday, I think Monday’s list had somehow snuck through to Tuesday.

@shinything – yep, I get that and with your determination, I’ve no doubt you’ll achieve your goal 🙂
    How’s your new haircut @debster251? Did you do anything dramatic?
    Lovely to see you @basyjames.
    @diana123 – I am very fortunate to have visited Sedona – it is truly an amazing place. I’m a slight shade of green right now! What a wonderful treat to yourself to be looking forward to.

I can’t go without mentioning the horrendous tragedy in Greece right now. It’s bad enough if it were a natural disaster, but to think that people have purposefully set these fires is totally abhorrent.

2nd post

THE TRAIN OF LIFE

“At birth, we board the train and meet our parents, and we believe they will always travel by our side.

As time goes by, other people will board the train; and they will be significant i.e. our siblings, friends, children, and even the love of your life.

However, at some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone.

Others will step down over time and leave a permanent vacuum.

Some, however, will go so unnoticed that we don’t realise they vacated their seats.

This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells.

Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers requiring that we give the best of ourselves.

The mystery to everyone is: We do not know at which station we ourselves will step down.

So, we must live in the best way, love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are.

It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty we should leave behind beautiful memories for those who will continue to travel on the train of life.
    I wish you all a joyful journey.” Unknown

3rd – @strawberriesandcream – you really can’t begin to imagine the horror for those poor people.

Day 25 London UK FD

Hello everyone! Had a really lovely but naughty day yesterday. Met an old colleague for lunch – lamb koftas and chips – then caught up with a friend last night and had delicious seafood small plates to share. The food was so delicious that I do not feel in the least bit guilty…Scottish scallops in Lemon and garlic butter, citrus cured trout with rye bread and pickles, sea salt cod croquettes with lemon and dill mayo, and a salad of green and yellow fine beans, pak choi and spring onions. Heaven! What I do feel slightly guilty about is the bottle of rose I consumed. However I don’t drink a lot and I know if I start depriving myself especially at social events I will be twice as badly behaved!

So after a couple of NFDs I’m 0.6kg up. Going to make today and tomorrow FDs. Thank goodness for you all be this forum. I find the morning of an FD difficult after a couple of days off. Have also had a couple of days off the 30 day shred as I was really aching after not working out for so long. Back to it later today. Was getting tempted by pastries as I walked past a coffee shop so I came on the forum to catch up on posts. It’s exactly the boost I needed. Reminded me of how good this evenings salad will taste and how strong I’ll feel getting to the end of a FD.

@sarahbob such a great feeling to have done those workouts I bet! And with an unwell baby. You’ve motivated me today!

@at thank you for listing those non-scale victories! I’ve copied them into my notes to serve as a reminder when the scales creep up.

@daffodil2010 those stats are amazing! Go you, you’ve nailed this WOL!

Sorry to all those I haven’t acknowledged. I love reading these posts and am glad to have found this forum. Also, how are we already on Day 25?! Mini goal is to get back down to the months lowest weight so to lose that 0.6kg by end of month. Looking forward to being part of the August Squad and smashing more goals!

Day 25 Belfast NFD

I echo my sorrow at the horror in Greece. We were very close to that place last autumn. It doesn’t bear thinking of.

@rainbowsmile I bought a white satin poppy print dress https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/poppy-print-dress-24011cor and an ‘Izabel black and floral midi dress with a dippy hem. The first one is quite waisted, which I probably would have avoided before. The next purchase will maybe be more figure hugging lol! I don’t see the gold one. Maybe I’m looking at the wrong page. As @Strawberriesandcream said, they’re great for not creasing. Good to sneak in a suitcase.
    @Strawberriesandcream the haircut is not too dramatic but shorter and a little more stylish that my usual curly mop. I used to blow dry my hair every day when I worked. I’ve got lazy since I retired but this style will require a bit more attention!
    @coda a very moving post.
    @beedoo I’m salivating! Don’t feel a bit guilty. The glory of this WOL is that you can step off the wagon and then jump straight back on!

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Day 25 UK FD

I have had to re-jiggle my usual fast days this week so I will be fasting today and Friday. Everyone is right when they say that’s the beauty of this WOL.

I am really enjoying being able to exercise again. I enjoyed my run last night and I am looking forward to doing some body pump later.

I’ll be away for a few days over the weekend so really need to try and be mindful with my food as I’d actually like to make some progress this month and lose at least 1 pound!!!

Wishing you all a good day.

Day 25, UK, NFD

How is that possible that we are almost at the end of July? 😮 I woke up very bloated today, puffy eyes and all, have no idea whats going on, I don’t feel sick but I do feel a bit run down, for no reason 🤔 . I guess I’ll just have to ride it out and carry on as usual 🙂

I read all the posts but no time to reply as I’m on my way to work now.

My thoughts and prayers are with those poor people involved in that horrible disaster in Greece ❤

Have a great day everyone and stay the course 🌸

Day 25 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

@ Rainbowsmile this is the link for the retreat . Kim Babcock has done many readings for me and she is always spot on.

https://kimbabcockonline.com/event/sedonas-ascension-retreat/ It is going to be a beautiful experience.

My thoughts and prayers for all the people suffering with fire damage in Greece and here in the states, well really all over the place.

Limit your always and your nevers. Have a great Wednesday everyone.

Day 25 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good CD yesterday of about 1000 calories.

Just saw this article posted about the dangers of carbs and sugars. We know this from our WOL, but it’s always nice to be reminded when we are right!

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/jul/8/fatty-foods-dont-cause-heart-disease-bread-and-pas/

And I am glad I enjoy fats. Just about all kinds.

Onward and downward.

Day 25 – Florida

NFD today. Not much going on. Splurge a little 🙂 on strawberry shortcake, ice cream, and redi whip last night. Need to remember this when I weigh in. Still developing my art room. The big couch is out and on its way to being reupholstered. That opened a nice area to use.
    Hope everyone has a great Wednesday.

Day 25, NFD, US

Feeling back in control today; nice feeling!!

We went and saw the new Mama Mia movie last night. So nice to have some fivolous fun to counter all the fires and destruction in the world.

Day 25, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Today will be a feast day. A big shindig for a friend’s 80th birthday and her twin brother who flew in from Austria to celebrate with his sister. The partying will continue tomorrow with a BBQ at her place.
    My strategy: No food until the luncheon at the Country Club today at 1pm. Tomorrow: No food until the BBQ starting at 4pm.
    Should be doable! 😊😊😊

Have a good Wednesday everyone! 😊🌻🎈

Day 25 North Canton OH FD
    I was hungry yesterday for the first time since we got back, which was nice, but really tired this morning; could not get up to work out.
    @diana123 your 5 day retreat sounds aaamazing, I think I need another vacation to recover from my vacation
    @coda I echo your thoughts on mindfulness. I am due for my next round of B2B water fasts, I am hoping to get that done the first week of August – I want to push the envelope to see how long I can go without food. If you do not mind I am holding onto your hand as well.
    @missybear congratulations on your upcoming nuptials
    @penz I love your quote and I am adopting it. With regards to feeling underutilized at work, I hope you find a role that makes the most of your abilities; keep the faith, you never know what’s coming around the corner
    @merryapple woohoo for the whoosh
    @rainbowsmile thanks for making me smile with your post
    @debster251 those are some pretty dresses
    @shinything feel better
    @redrockgirl302 love your strategy, it should be doable. One of my fav teachers used to say: If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail – so true!

Starting Day25 pocket list
    @coda
    @strawberriesandcream
    @beedoo
    @sarahbob
    @basyjames

USA Day 25 FD

Yesterday was a very indulgent NFD. Usually, I don’t overindulge on my FDs. In any case, I woke up feeling very hungry! LOL Usually, if I eat a fair amount on NFDs, I don’t feel hungry on FDs. Well, so far this day has been a successful one. I’ve done some exercise, which I need to finish, and some yard work between the raindrops!! Yesterday, feeling terrible about not being able to go out for a power walk, I googled YouTube for a walking video. I found a really good 4 mile walk with Leslie Sansone (her walking videos are great!) and did that. Just think! Now you don’t even have to buy the CDs! Yay, YouTube! I plan to do it again today! I went over the clothing website from Rainbowsmile ! They really have some very nice things! Congrats to everyone who has had a whoosh! I am still waiting for mine! LOL Have a great day, everyone! 🙂

Me again

@basyjames of course I don’t mind you holding hands – 👭 and then there are 3
    @anna6 nearly there – keep going – we can do it!

Day 25 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Just checking in, bit travel weary and glad to be home. FD tomorrow!

Day 25, Gozo, Malta, fd turned into a cd

Coda thanks for holding my hand and basyjames joining us. Alas this evening I went out to eat with my sister in law and though I had only one plate and omitted alcohol and dessert I still failed to do a fd today. It was a cd for me today. I’m proud of you Coda. Well done. You’re long saying and post about a person s life is so true and beautiful. Thanks for sharing. Basyjames stay strong.

I’ll make tomorrow a cd.

Onwards and downwards. Keep on keeping on.

Take care everyone.

USA Day 25 FD
    Second Post

Successful FD completed and the kitchen is closed! Tomorrow will be a NFD without wine! Have a great evening, everyone!

I’m always amazed when I actually count up calories – who would have thought that 2 tablespoons (50g) which believe me is not an awful amount of wholegrain rice would = 176 calories. So for my final day I came in at just below 1000. In addition to my bone broth at lunch time, my glass of kefir and a nectarine. I had a cup of homemade chicken curry (temptation was too much) which I guestimated at 250 with that pitiful amount of rice at 176. A spur of the moment i had 30g of cheese – which again is not very much for 125. So not quite a fast day but under tdee. How easy is it to go over or forget? – I forgot to add a banana in to yesterdays total. I think water fasts are so much easier to keep track of lol – think I need to gear my mind if I am to attempt one again but not for now at least. For the moment it’s easier to include some nice supportive foods but think I’ll keep to salads in future – so much more more bang for your buck.

Day 26 FD Auckland

@coda You have laid out perfectly why I am a tortoise! If you don’t count calories then you don’t acknowledge the total food going down your gullet! I think perhaps I should call myself an Ostrich!
    @missybear That’s so lovely to hear about your wedding.
    @redrockgirl302 My twin bro lives in Berlin. Your post made me think of him.
    @penz Great to hear you have your mojo back. I’m looking forward to seeing Mama Mia for a wee bit of fun. Don’ know if I’ll make it at the moment. Sigh.

Day 26 Pocket list
    @missybear
    @merryapple

Hi all I have set up the August 2018 thread. Thank you @shinything for help with the spreadsheet.

Looking forward to hosting for the first time next month, a little nervous but also excited to welcome everyone.

Let’s work hard to the end of July 2018 and push forward into August.

Mari

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Enjoyed my NFD yesterday, but once again probably less than 1000 calories. I definitely do not eat as much as I used to now that I try not to snack on my NFD’s. The exceptions of course are weekend NFD’s when DH is proferring glasses of wine and bowls of olives, cheese and crackers, crisps 😀 Mustn’t blame him ha ha. This WOL means we can enjoy the treats occasionally.

“When a pleasure becomes a habit it ceases to be a pleasure”
    – applies to everything I find

@debster251 oh oh, I clicked on the roman original link and I am sooooo going to browse when I get home from work. I NEED new clothes but just don’t have time to shop. This will be fun. Thank you. BTW that poppy dress looks beautiful ☺️

Shocking news about the fires in Greece.

I love the poppy dress that you bought I can see you at a champagne breakfast with patent shoes and a lovely hat, enjoying smoked salmon I it.

That gold dress:

https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/gold-jacquard-rose-gown-44024nav

I note it’s not yet on sale though.😥

But I ordered this

https://www.romanoriginals.co.uk/lightweight-chiffon-diamante-top-41359ivo

You inspired me!
    Mari

Damn some of my post is missing:

@diana123 I have asked for details re Sedona. It might just be whai I need.

@debster251, I explored the Roman Originals site and I love……

Sorry about the error

Mari

@sarahbob glad you are getting back to a good routine.
    @shinything could it be the heat catching up with you? Look after yourself.
    @diana123 the retreat looks fabulous!
    @songbirdme thank you for that link. It’s always good to reinforce the message In our minds.
    @penz that’s on my list for next week. Nothing like a bit of ‘feelgood’
    @Redrockgirl – hope you enjoy your festivities.
    @basyjames I love the planning quote. So true. I’ve added it to my inspiration bank.
    @daffodil2010 what a great quote. Duly noted and probably applies to me. I’ve been indulging In ice cream a little too often In this warm weather. FYI I found the sizes quite similar to those in Next and the sale was good to me!

Off to the coast today in the caravan. It will be torture, because the pup just loves the sea. Starting the long weekend with a FD and firm resolve.

Thank you @merryapple for starting the pocket list.

Day 26 Pocket list
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251

You don’t get what you wish for … You get what you work for! Have a good weekend one and all.

Day 26, UK, NFD

My FD didn’t happen yesterday. At all. Way over TDEE. Will do one tomorrow.

I spent a couple of hours yesterday afternoon researching the keto diet on YouTube after borrowing a book on the subject. The upshot was that I decided it is far too restrictive as a sustainable WOL. Returning to a mainly low carb, good protein and healthy fat diet is the path I need to get back onto. I rarely eat pasta or rice nowadays but do enjoy it occasionally. However, bread and potatoes have definitely made a far too regular appearance in my diet the last couple of months. I’ve enjoyed them, but I know from experience that I can quite happily get along without them. I am going to adopt some of the good ideas from keto and will attempt to make some fat bombs with the peanut butter I bought recently. As for the half eaten packet of digestives – they’re going out for the pigeons very shortly!

@rainbowsmile – that gold dress is really beautiful but very dressy. I have to be practical on a limited budget and buy something that I’m sure to wear. Champagne breakfast …mmmmm! Your top looks gorgeous. Revenge bod here we come! I spent a bit of time yesterday throwing out ‘fat’ clothes. It’s so liberating!

Day 26, London, UK, FD,

So, did you miss me??????? I missed you guys, usually when I was half way through a bottle of red …………. minor feelings of guilt!!!

Well I’m back!!!! I was in Cyprus for the middle 2 weeks of July and decided, I would skip the challenge for July completely. This was a first since joining in Feb ’17, but I think it did me some good having to hold MYSELF accountable, I was sure I would make excuses and skip FDs because the only person who would know would be me!!!! I never intended to fast whilst away, but so far I’ve managed to control myself for the other 2 weeks and I aim to start August where I finished June!!!Now that could be called maintenance, but there WAS a loss before my hols, a gain during (less than last year though, only 4lbs this time!!) followed by a (continuing) loss after my holiday …………………… I suppose it’s a type of maintenance!!!!!

I haven’t read anything from this month and I won’t gate-crash the last few days………………… I WILL, however, see all of you in August!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!!!

Day 26 London UK FD

Just a quickly checking in for now. Second FD in a row today to get back on track! Down 0.3kg this morning and am delighted with that.

Off topic but if anyone has any tips for keeping toddler cool through the night it would be greatly appreciated. Have windows open, fan on, wet towels hanging and bowls of ice near fan…none of which are making enough of a difference. He’s waking through the night thrashing about because of this unbearable endless heatwave.

Day 26 Pocket list
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo

Day 26 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

I see I am already on the pocket list, thanks @merryapple.

Have to wear compression stockings day and night for the next week following the leg vein injections so feeling quite warm and will be looking out for any innovative answers to @beedoo regarding keeping cool. Last night I got up and walked around on the cool bathroom tile floor then held my wrists under the cold water tap for a while which helped but probably not practical for a toddler.

@flourbaby welcome home and a huge round of applause for keeping on track over your holidays.

Just had a peep at the gold dress and I too will be browsing that site, very much in need of more clothes that fit as most of my current selection don’t……trousers with gusset down to mid thigh and having to roll up the bottoms as they are now about 4 inches too long!!! Wonderful problem to have, not complaining 😊

Almost time for my breakfast, then out for a walk, note to self DRINK MORE WATER!!! Keep strong Thursday fasters.

Hello from NI – day 26 Healthy eating day

I made a bit of a dent and achieved an interim goal – have set another one to achieve over the next few weeks.

Welcome back @flourbaby – yes you have been missed especially your humour. Well done and sometimes its nice to have a break and come back all refreshed.

@beedoo – you can get cool mats for pets – I got one for our black cat in this hot weather (not that he bothers with it) but I’m sure they would work for humans under a sheet or maybe they do human ones – try Amazon? They work on pressure and when my sons pregnant partner arrived I got her to put her feet on it to help cool her down. Worth looking into maybe?

Day 26 Stevensville Maryland CNFD

@rainbowsmile second post of link for retreat

https://kimbabcockonline.com/event/sedonas-ascension-retreat/ would love to see you make it.

Thursday’s use to be my second fast day but now on maintenance I am only fasting on Mondays and the scale is still being very kind to me.

In a world where you can be anything be kind. Have a great Thursday everyone.

Day 26 – FD; Dublin, Ireland

We’re in the home stretch now, only 6 days (if you count today) left in July. Crazy how fast it’s gone again. I might do a LFD for the last day, let’s see what the scales say over the next few days. Right now I am only 100g away from my goal weight for the month.

I tried on a dress this morning that I haven’t worn in years and it fit like a glove. I’ve missed looking in the mirror and thinking ‘daaaamn girl’. My belly was still poking out a bit, so I will give it another month or two before I actually wear it when going out, but it was a wonderful feeling nonetheless.

Also having to buy the fiance new trousers, he’s dropped 2 sizes since April!

Good luck to everyone fasting today 🙂

Day 26 Pocket list:
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @moukinator

Day 26 North Canton OH FD
    The B2B FD are making a difference and putting a dent in the holiday weight gain. I finally stepped on the scale and while it was a larger number than I cared for, I am not discouraged and I intend to keep plugging away. Thank God for this way of life, because I would be panicking right now otherwise.

Great to see you @flourbaby

@debster251 throwing or giving away clothes that don’t fit is the textbook definition of “liberating”

@strawberriesandcream digestives used to be my favorite snack when I was a kid; brings back memories. I am finding the keto diet helpful for returning to my happy weight range. However you are right that it is very restrictive and could be difficult to sustain long term. The recipes I am trying out are turning out so well that I am enjoying cooking again – which is a plus.

@daffodil2010 I love that quote because it’s so true!

@rainbowsmile thank you for hosting in august. I know you will do an amazing job.

July is sprinting away into the sunset, the year is over halfway through – can you believe it?

@moukinator congrats on the dress – and fiance’s pants.

Day 26 Pocket list:
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @basyjames

And to all a good Thursday!

Day 26, Gozo, Malta, fd

Rainbowsmile thanks for hosting August. Please add me to your list.

Today I’ve decided to do a fd instead of a cd today. This morning I weighted at 66.7 kilos. Funny I was 66.9 kilos on Sunday, yesterday I was 67.4 kilos and today I’m down by by 0.7 kilos from yesterday. I was bloated yesterday. Today I’m better. I’d like to go down by 0.2 kilos by end July.

This morning I didn’t babysit but this afternoon I’m babysitting my grandson again.

Have a great Thursday everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 26 USA (Illinois) FD

Need to make today a complete FD. Adding myself to the pocket list.
    Day 26 Pocket list:
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 26, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Another feast day is upon me! 😊 Well, my friend turns 80 only once. Yes, I enjoyed yesterday’s festivities very much @debster251. What an elegant yet intimate celebration at the Country Club with her family and friends! The food was out of this world and I enjoyed every bite! Today, the celebrations continue at the Botanical Garden and later a BBQ. It is so lovely to see my friend so happy! 😊🌻🎈🎉🍾

Have a great Thursday everyone! 🌹🐞🦋

Day 25 – USA – NFD
    Day 26 – USA – NFD

Day 26, FD, US

Just checking in.

Day 26. FD London UK

Found myself in Kings Road Library, Chelsea ( get me!) and a lady was there doing health checks, so got my blood pressure and BMI checked. Blood pressure fine. ( of course, I’m retired, what have I got to get high blood pressured about…) and BMI was 25.5. I was thrilled to bits. I’m sure if I’d have taken my dress off in the library I could’ve got that down to 25…
    So, despite my massive aversion to getting weighed, I now have an aim – to get below 25 BMI by the end of the year. That can’t be impossible.
    Joining today’s pocket list

Day 26 Pocket list:
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @emma-taylor

Have a good day all. It’s just stifling here.

Day 26 Florida
    FD today. Got my exercises done this morning. Did pretty good with them. Planning a lite dinner tonight. Really haven’t eaten since yesterday at noon. We had a cooking with the chef event and I was pretty full the whole day.

Day 26 Pocket list:
    @missybear
    @merryapple
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @beedoo
    @moukinator
    @basyjames
    @songbirdme
    @emma-taylor
    @kaywesterman

have a great day.

Day 27 NFD NZ
    I had a woosh! Hooray! Hard work pays off! So glad I didn’t give up. Thankyou for all the encouragement I got from this forum. After 2 weeks of gaining then plateau, i lost 1.5 pounds this week (a bit more if you count my gain)
    Hope everyone has a great wknd!

Second post Day 26 London UK 🇬🇧 FD

@coda thanks so much for the cool mat tip. I didn’t know such a thing existed! Had a look on Amazon but think everyone else got there before me! Going to pop into the pet shop tomorrow. Great news on the weather front, just saw forecast for next few days and we are due rain. Also temp on Sunday is predicted as a high of 21! Hoping for even less and am going to love every minute of it!

@slacknz congrats on your whoosh! Well earned after sticking at it through the gain and plateau.

Struggled with FD today but somehow managed to stay under 500 cals. Was tempted by food I’d made for my boy and had a couple of mouthfuls of his pasta. Then looked it up on My Fitness Pal and promptly regretted it! Thank goodness I didn’t have anymore. Main meal was a huge salad with lots of veggies. I made a load of courgetti which bulked it up for very few calories.

Decided I’ll do another FD tomorrow so that I can relax a little over what I eat at the weekend. I know we’re bound to have one meal out so want to be able to enjoy it.

Oh and I also did another session of 30 Day Shred! Not easy with little one trying to join in and climbing onto my back when I’m trying to do press ups!! It’s now 5 down 25 to go.

“There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that is your own self”

USA Day 26 NFD

Just checking in. Completed a successful FD with calories coming in under TDEE. Did all my exercises and power walk, as well! Tomorrow will be another FD. Have a great evening, everyone!

Day 26, UK, NFD

Very late, been working all day, but just wanted to post for accountability 🙂
    Even though I didn’t fast and it should have been my FD. Next time …..

Hope everyone is keeping cool in this heatwave, lots of liquids and little less sunblock 🌞 , vitamin D is good for you grab it while you can 😉

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Just a quarter pound away from entering into the land of 8 stone….again ☺️ This is like one of those old country dances…🎶”I stepped out and you stepped in again, I stepped in and you stepped out again, .🎶🎶…..tra-la-la….learning to dance for Lanigans Ball”🎶

Going to have that old song in my head all day now 😆

Looking forward to getting this day over and enjoying the weekend. It’s high season in work, and the next couple of weeks bring Arts Festivals, the Galway Races, the Dublin Horse Show, plus a bank holiday…all things that treble our sales of herbs and flowers…so need to gird my loins for the coming weeks. So plan is to do not much this weekend apart from an afternoon showing of “Mama Mia” with DH.

Tonight my colleagues and I are going for an early dinner as one of the girls is leaving. It should be all wrapped up at 7 as some of the lads have football and hurling training at 7.30. Young men and the pursuit of sport will ensure no lingering drinks and desserts in the restaurant 😀 Yay!

@debster251 I bought a dress, two tops, and a pair of cropped trousers for my holiday in September. Thanks for the site…never heard of Roman Originals before but looking forward to getting my purchases.
    @rainbowsmile that chiffon blouse is gorgeous
    @shinything, @beedoo, @emmataylor and everybody else suffering the heatwave out there…hope it cools down soon. It’s gone that way in Ireland now with rain on the way at last, hope it gets to you soon.

By the way, the spreadsheet for July has the names all over the place, not in alphabetical order. I can put it right tomorrow when I am not on the iPad, but just letting ye know.

Have a good day all…those of us still clinging on to this forum offer such support and strength to each other. Soon all the other oldies and newbies will rejoin after summer breaks etc and the chattering will increase again. I love this WOL and the accountability of this forum. 🤗

Day 27, UK, FD

FD desperately needed today.
    @flourbaby – short answer: YES!
    Congratulations @EmmaTaylor & @slacknz

It’s not often anything on the news makes me happy but I’m crying with laughter at the Egyptian donkey that’s been painted with black and white stripes and exhibited in a zoo as a Zebra Don’t get me wrong, I hate any kind of animal abuse, and it was the TV presenter’s comment that reduced me to tears “the pointy ears and the paint smudges kind of give it away.”

We need more laughter in the world. Have a happy Friday all.

Viewing 50 posts - 651 through 700 (of 810 total)

You must be logged in to reply.