January 2021 Challenge – Rejuvenating January

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2021 Challenge – Rejuvenating January

This topic contains 598 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  I hate lettuce 3 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 612 total)

• Day 19 – USA/GA – FD

Good morning!

Weigh-in after yesterday’s NFD: 231 lbs. Not bad, as I kind of wondered whether or not I ate within my TDEE limits. Although one cup of uncooked rice is a lot of calories, it is also not a lot of calories — if that makes sense. When cooked in lots of vegetables, broth and just a small bit of meat, it tastes delightful and feels naughty, but really isn’t too bad, when divided into two separate meals on a NFD. Certainly a better choice than snacking on cookies/biscuits and chips/crisps (wow English is hard) all afternoon! Snacking was really controlled.

Back to work today; scary with the major outbreak still going on in the U.S., but attempting to do so with extra safety protocols in place. We had an employee (in security) pass away over the weekend. Please, let’s all continue to be careful!

I do think I’ll be able to have better NFDs at work, but as I’m trying for a final 4:3 this week for January, those days will only include tomorrow and Friday morning. FDs are typically easier, too. It actually got funny back in late November and December where I tired of eating the same thing at work for FDs (honestly, I don’t want to try soup at work — too messy), that I just hydrated and either ate just a few grapes or nothing at all until I got home that evening.

Good luck to all of us on the pocket lists today!

Day 19 Pocket list
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 19 US/DC FD800
    Good morning all. Hunkered down in DC – National Guard all over. But this too will pass – please! First, thank you all for best wishes while the Inauguration happens. Looking forward to Thursday.
    I was thinking of doing a FD but don’t really have it in me today so I am going to try an 800FD, that I am fairly sure I can handle. Have meetings all morning and one this evening – so that should keep my hands out of the frig. At least that’s my hope.
    Off to a spin class (virtual).
    Good luck to all.
    Hey – we made it to over half way through the month. That’s pretty darn good if you ask me.

Second post – could someone tell me where I could determine my TDEE without including exercise (I like to have exercise just be an extra assist not calculated in.). Thanks

Sorry for the multiple posts, but have to respond to @northgeorgia
    Be safe, that is scary indeed. We will get there, just have to hang in. But scary times. Be safe

And a question – how do I add myself to pocket lists and do you do it daily?

Stay well all.

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

I had a fair FD yesterday with one meal, finishing up a salmon dish leftovers. It’s an interesting task to exercise on a FD, but I managed it.

Another fun French show we found on Netflix: “Call My Agent.” It does not have English audio, and reading subtitles at their pace does get taxing, the characters are fun.

@nellen – I got my TDEE when I first signed on to My Fitness Pal. I do not add any exercise to my daily reporting so it keeps the TDEE I calculated. You also can do it here: https://tdeecalculator.net/

Onward and downward.

@nellen – re Pocket list – simply copy and paste and add yourself to the list.

Day 19 North Canton OH FD

Yesterday started as a water fast day but the lack of sunshine and cold really messed with my plans. I finally had a cup of coffee and some nuts. I stayed under 500 calories though, so still a fast day. Today will be another fast day.

@nellen be safe, thinking about you this week. With regards to pocket lists I only add myself when I am fasting; just copy paste and add your name. The TDEE calculator from this site works great. Here is the link

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/how-many-calories-on-a-non-fast-day/

@northgeorgia be safe. My workplace has decided to keep everyone at home until further notice, I wish this was an option for everyone. Also have you tried bulgur wheat, it is a really nutritious and flavorful substitute for rice.

@johnnyr that was a funny story about your dog. Like @flourbaby I can just imagine the look on their face and it gave me a belly laugh this morning

@fivetwofan5252 I watch a lot of Jason Fung videos on Youtube and it always gets my mojo going

Day 19 Pocket list
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @nellen FD800
    @basyjames

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Many thanks to all. Got my TDEE. That’s a big help. Am leaving exercise out of it as I don’t need any more excuses to eat more – I have plenty of those myself. :)))

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

Yesterday’s FD500 went fine. Because I was trying to use up leftovers in the face of fasting, I suspect I was closer to 650 calories…but maybe not. In the end, I decided it didn’t matter, because I didn’t put a single thing in my mouth that wasn’t in the plan and wasn’t wonderfully healthy. Today is more leftovers (two different casseroles), but as long as all I eat is supper, I’ll be at the 800, so it’ll be fine.

And I walked with Leslie, a 45-minute walk. I remember there were many days last fall when I’d walk in the morning and decide that I’d walk another one again in the late afternoon. I wonder who that woman was who was so willing to exercise, and if she’ll ever come back to inhabit my body????

@bellyblast Thanks for the shout-out. 💞

@songbirdme I think you’re right about dipping them in butter/cinnamon sugar. I begged for the recipe because it was so good…and in the 20+ years haven’t ever made it. Perhaps I’ll be inspired to do so with a granddaughter around one of these days.

Awww, @penz, you melted my heart. Thanks for your confidence, and I do indeed promise you I’ll exercise today. 💞 I also promise I’ll stick to my eating plan!

@northerndawn Thanks for the explanation on salt/water; it was very helpful!

@daffodil2010 Thanks also to you for the encouragement re: exercise! 💞

I’m not even going to try to list those of you who have been discussing this, but I’d like to weigh in on the issue of exercising while fasting. I always do, and have no problems. My DH, lean and muscular and perhaps–PERHAPS–five pounds overweight also does so and then, having exercised, has zero interest in eating–and has no problems with anything. So I wonder if what you’ve experienced is simply a result of your body adjusting to a new normal, and not symptoms that prove exercising while fasting is inherently bad?

@clemmi Bonjour! I smile every time I read your greeting, and wish I remembered more of my high school French. 😍

Day 19 Pocket list
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @nellen FD800
    @basyjames

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

I cobbled together the list from today with what we had yesterday; I hope I haven’t added people where they don’t want to be.

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 19 FD Florida USA It feels good to be back with my tribe. I didn’t do well without the accountability. I’m nearly 10 pounds over my comfort level. Good thing I know the 5/2 works!

USA. Day 19. FD800

Day 19 Pocket list
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @flourbaby
    @northgeorgia
    @nellen FD800
    @basyjames
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @missybear
    @stitchincarol

Just added myself to pocket list. Yesterday’s FD went a little over, as I went grocery shopping and felt the need to get myself a treat/reward. Must not make that a habit.

Anyway, the DTF is now going well! Yay!

Have a great day, everyone.

Day 19 Oxfordshire, UK – CD

Day 19. London. OMAD

Just popping in to say hello. I’m still reading everything, and want to say hello to all newcomers. I’ve been on this forum since about 2017, I think, and started one meal a day in June. It worked just fine so long as I stepped away from the vino and much less well when I didn’t. Recently my five hour eating window got very stretched, and although I don’t think I’ve put weight on, I haven’t lost any either. The great beauty of OMAD for me is that I can eat what I want. I don’t have a sweet tooth so I’ll never reach for cakes and biscuits. I just don’t like them. Cheese, however…
    @ Brightonbelle, every time I read your name I want to go to Brighton. We used to go there all the time, and eat lunch at Iydea, a great veggie restaurant. I guess you know it. I miss the sea!!!! Boohoo.

USA. DAY 19. FD800

Successful FD800 and OMAD. I am with you, Emma Taylor, in that this program works best for me when I avoid the vino, although how I miss my evening glass. The food part is easier for me.

Day 20, NFD, Aus

Thanks @northerndawn – very helpful.

And what is in your snake juice, @fivetwo??

I don’t have a trippy dog, but I do have one that loves to barrel in to me at speed. This morning he did that after a swim and I ended up with a very wet rear end as a result. Fortunately I was with other dog walkers so they believed me when I blamed him!

Way to go @stitchincarol!! I knew you could do it. Say hi to Lesley for me – it’s been too long since I did a walk with her.

@stitchincarol – I found the recipe! Crescent roll dough MUCH easier than starting from scratch or yeast. https://www.the-girl-who-ate-everything.com/empty-tomb-rolls/

Day 20, QLD (AUS), FD800

As a newbie to IF, I am so grateful to everyone sharing their knowledge and experience here! I am learning a lot.

I started experimenting with the 14 days of FD800 approach, which I’ve now done two cycles of – although very patchily! There have been some off-the-wagon days in there too.

But at the end of a month, I am down a total of 3.5k, plus 3cm off each thigh and 5cm off my waist, so I am definitely feeling much better.

I’m halfway to my goal size and weight, but am hoping 6 to 8 weeks gets me there. I am going to resume cardio workouts this week, so that should help things along.

Day 20 – Western Australia – NFD (Keto)

Just checking in again. Thinking of our US buddies today and hoping things go as well as they can.

Day 19 Minnesota, USA FD

It’s a 15 minutes after 6 pm and I am determined that my kitchen is closed. I am hungry, though, and drowning the dragon at this time of night is not the best option for me (up too many times in the night). I may have to snack on raw veg.

Another short post from me, but it seems in skimming that you are all doing quite well.

@songbirdme I’m wondering if we should delegate you as our official entertainment director?! Lupin is now on my list, as well as the newest one…Call My Agent?.

DH and I watched “Fisherman’s Friend” a couple of weekends ago and we did enjoy it.

My only complaint is that for the last 2 weeks, I hear this refrain in so many waking (and, I believe) sleeping moments…..over and over and over again: ..”What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor? What do you do with a drunken sailor, ear-lie in the morning?!!!” Gosh. I hope I haven’t started (re-started?) an ear worm for you, dear Songbirdme! 😂🤣😂🤣 Really, thanks for the recommendations!

@northerndawn – You have me chuckling out loud!! “Drunken Sailor” used to be in an old 6th grade music book, and the kids LOVED it! There are scads of verses for it (the nature of sea shanties), and it does have an infectious way. My students and I had a thing with music songs that were in D minor that were especially haunting. What’s the first chord harmony of “Drunken Sailor?” D minor.

I am happy you’re finding my recommendations good! Did I ever mention “Emily in Paris?” It’s delightful. Netflix.

Day 20, Emden Germany, NFD

I hope everyone in the USA will stay safe today.

@fivetwofan5252 Don’t worry, I was thankful for the information about the ketosis. It’s enough for me to know where the coldness came from.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD ?

Leaving early today as need to get fuel for my car and busy day ahead. I am going for an FD today, nowt until lunchtime (as always), then a salad bowl, and chicken bone broth for evening meal.

I had put on a whole kilo from the weekend, thankfully it’s gone now, but really must start seeing it moving downwards again……it’s so hard these days ……I was a racehorse with the weight loss back in 2017 when I started….then it came slowly back on (not all, but a good 20lbs) and I am just sitting at the same weight for AGES ☹️

Wishing all our US friends the best….it seems that all will go smoothly…and whatever your politics, love and peace to you all. Have a great hump day 🐫

Day 20 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

The weather forecast was right for yesterday, it didn’t stop raining! It was that unpleasant I didn’t even bother cleaning the greenhouse. However did check on the Dahlia tubers, brilliant, not a sign of rot anywhere and dried nicely, so should be a good start for the year.

Had a ‘phone consultation with the Oncologist, who was very impressed with progress so far. In fact she couldn’t believe how quickly I’ve recovered from the chemo/radiotherapy and what I’m able to eat and drink already. I put it down to two things, before treatment I was quite fit and healthy and the quote which I got from a member of this forum which pretty much sums up my attitude! (apologies, I can’t remember who sent me it, but it is brilliant)

I am too positive to be doubtful
    too optimistic to be fearful
    and too determined to be defeated.

So yesterday was topped off with an appointment to get the Covid vaccine, seems I’m vulnerable! Immune suppressed for another few months so need to be careful.

Take care all

Day 20 UK – FD800

Well then. How are we all?

I failed yesterday. I failed to go for a run (and rescheduled it for today), I failed to eat lunch, I failed to eat 800 kcal and only managed 700.

I’m finding it interesting how my weight can fluctuate by a Kg and a bit from one day to the next. If I run I put on weight but after a rest day my weight drops a lot. I know that’s why I need to measure my belly each week but the scales, THE SCALES, they make you happy one day and grumpy the next 🙂

I hope today is a good day for all. Good to hear people getting vaccinated. Covid is pretty scary. Some really sad stories out there. So try and stay safe people and push to be vaccinated if you are eligible for it. My neighbours are both over 80 and still not had a dose! I pretty sure they’re scared of it but their balance of risk is just plain nuts! We are trying to get them to call the GP and book in.

Day 20 – USA/GA – NFD

Good morning. I do think my plateau is turning into a slight incline downwards. A crazy work day turned the day into an OMAD at 7 pm with 300 calories consumed. Today’s weigh in: 228 lbs. A new record low! I’m going to try one more FD tomorrow and hopefully get three days of 220s to help coax my body back into the normal pattern. I don’t think I’ll meet my January goal, but there may be a chance to get to my last December goal (which was just 2 lbs higher than my January goal anyway). Soon, the month will be over and I can revise February’s goal and make adjustments for targets for the rest of the year.

“Goals can provide direction and even push you forward in the short-term, but eventually a well-designed system will always win. Having a system is what matters. Committing to the process is what makes the difference.” — from Atomic Habits, by James Clear

@johnnyr Yeah, scales are mean to us day by day, but week by week is a little better, and month by month the best. I’ve jumped as much as four lbs. in my daily weigh-ins and scream, “that’s not possible!” Well, it is possible, obviously — the weight is there. But in another way, we’re right — it really ISN’T possible to put on that much body fat in a day. Normally, it’s water retention and other weird things our bodies do on an irregular basis. Do a weekly waist measurement, too (always do it the same way…I try to measure parallel across the body, just above the belly button. After a month or so, I usually see something happen there.

@penz The salt theory goes into the general electrolyte theory for FDs: there are some folks that need some extra electrolytes in addition to the increased fluids to prevent headaches on FDs. I am one of those folks. I need something with a bit of salt to stop me from getting a headache by the middle of the day and beyond. I drink seltzer water that contains a trace of sodium to help with this, as well as a pickle, or some soup, or some cabbage leaves with a sprinkle of seasoned salt, etc. I do have to be sure I increase my fluids, and I don’t try to lick a salt block though haha

@nellen Yep, trying my best. My counterpart at another regional college texted that she had come down with COVID. I had an extremely mild case in early December and still don’t know how I caught it. My counterpart is just as cautious; we’re thinking it’s one of the more aggressively transmissible strains.

Good luck to everyone on the pocket lists today! I’m happy to report that a work colleague of mine started IF a week and a half ago and already lost 5 lbs! She is doing 16:8.

Day 19 and 20 – UK – FD800

Thinking of all in DC 🇺🇸 like @nellen – be safe this week – Hopefully you will be able to get back to normal soon as life settles back down

Today is Day 3 of 4 x B2B FD800 which is part of pressing my RESET button from an indulgent last 4 weeks and so far so good but taking some determination on my part…..Yesterday was a OMAD with 2 zoom sessions – morning class of strength Yoga and a High Impact Pilates session late afternoon! and a lovely strength yoga class this morning!

@missybear – very wet here too for the last couple of days and more expected so no outside walks on my part but doing zoom classes and a brief walk into the village to get groceries
    @brightonbelle – we can do this – hang on tight for motivation and support for the second half of this January Challenge
    @clemmi – great to have your company for the Monday to Thursday FD800 – and we have @stitchincarol with us too – we’ve got this!
    @johnnyr – loved your post on Day 18 – a very honest look at how you see your journey going
    @suki2 – what a relief for you that your mum got her jab
    @northgeorgia – you are on that downward move – definitely firmly in the 220’s at the end of this challenge!
    @daffodil2010 – I totally agree with you “Exercise is medicine 😀” so good for our mental health!
    @flourbaby – 🤣 🤣 absolutely right!
    @nellen – you can calculate your TDEE on here – check out the Resources button above and at the beginning I worked mine out using my target weight and used the sedentary option so I had the lowest TDEE to work with and it helped me lose weight quicker and once I reached target weight I increased my exercise level to reflect what I do – good luck!
    @mogaman – absolutely right in that the accountability of belonging to the challenge is key
    @ccco – glad to see that I’m not the only one missing my evening 🍷 but it certainly helps to reduce calorie intake and helps the weight drop
    @litprof – great job on dropping those 3.5kg in a month
    @i-hate-lettuce – it was me who posted that quote as I thought it reflected your attitude to your illness so well – so glad it gave you strength

On the issue of exercising and extra salt intake while fasting. I exercise whilst fasting and have no problems and I also have never had to resort to use extra salt – fruits, vegetables and low-fat dairy foods have potassium, magnesium and calcium. Most active people consume adequate sodium, even without adding salt to their food. For example, you get sodium from bread, cheese, eggs, and yogurt. Athletes who are extreme sweaters probably need more sodium, but generally consume more, particularly if they eat fast foods. Just two slices of cheese pizza (1,200 mg) or a Whopper (1,400 mg) can easily replace sodium losses!!

Pocket list 🤗 Day 20
    @litprof FD800
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500/800
    @at FD800

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 20 UK NFD

All going well , gearing up for good FD tomorrow really enjoying my exercise so feeling positive

Love iydea @emma-taylor it burnt down I think end ‘19 but was really pleased to see the renovations look nearly finished when I passed last week so hopefully we’ll be able to enjoy again soon 🌊🤞

So pleased about your progress @i-hate-lettuce This forum seems to be on the up so many of us seemed to have various issues not too long ago , let’s hope things continue to improve🌈

Day 20 US/DC FD (maybe)
    Thank you all for your wishes and thoughts. Finally we in the US move on, I have to say I think/hope we all (whatever our political persuasion) and feeling calmer and more at rest. Onward, we have to move onward.

@i-hate-lettuce – bravo, such great news to hear how you are doing. we are all holding you in our hearts.

thank you all who gave me insight into TDEE. This gives me more ways to approach this all than what I was doing which was either FD or NFD. that just had my scales thinking they were a roller coaster. Thanks

Stay safe all.
    p.s. @ AT – I love that quote. thank you

USA. Day 20 FD800

I slipped with the wine yesterday but I am back in business today! Joining the pocket list:

Pocket list 🤗 Day 20
    @litprof FD800
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500/800
    @at FD800
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

My FD800 yesterday went well. I was tempted on all sides and pretty much ignored them all; a few called my name a bit more sweetly than others, but I didn’t succumb to anything. I won’t claim yet to have back my strength, but it sure appears to be returned; thanks again for all the encouragement so many of you gave me!

My copy of The Every Other Day Diet arrived yesterday, and was a really fast read, and was very persuasive. Because of it, I’m fasting today and plan to go out to dinner tomorrow, and fast again on Friday. I can’t remember who, but someone said they tried it, right? Have others of you? What were your results?? My reason for trying it is to get my behavior under control on NFDs; the book says “eat ANYTHING” but I’m guessing that with a feast-then-fast pattern, NFDs will rapidly become reasonable. Is that your experience? Thanks for any input you all have to give…

@songbirdme, crescent dough would indeed be easier! Are you planning to make them?

@litprof those are amazing results; I’m so pleased for you!!!

Aww, @i-hate-lettuce, that’s such good news about your oncologists’ comments! I’m thrilled for you!

@northgeorgia Love, love, love the quote, and CONGRATULATIONS on 228! The progress may be slower than you’d planned on, but it’s happening!

Pocket list 🤗 Day 20
    @litprof FD800
    @northerndawn
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @stitchincarol FD500/800
    @at FD800
    @ccco

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @stitchincarol (but perhaps only until Thursday)

@penz Today, I again promise you that I’ll not only exercise, but I’ll stick to my FD500. I think of you throughout the day as I get tempted, and know I have to keep the promise. 😍

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 20 NFD Florida I haven’t filled in the Spreadsheet yet but I’m up 8 -10 pounds. Part of me can’t believe I did this to myself again. Pandemic stress is a real thing but not an excuse to eat potato chips everyday.

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Doing OMAD today, but that one meal might be 1000 calories. That happens some days.

@stitchincarol – not sure I will make those Resurrection Rolls, but the recipe does sound intriguing!

Onward and downward.

Day 20 North Canton OH NFD

Just a quick hi all. What a beautiful day today has been. I planned to post earlier but got caught up in work and then watching the inauguration.

I went for an unscheduled run this morning, and completed my Core Advanced MBFA workout.

@northgeorgia congratulations! Those numbers are only going to sink lower my friend; and thank you for the quote.

@mogaman pandemic stress is real, but you have got a winning strategy, those 8-10 pounds will come off. The system works.

I used to love stepping on the scale, but lately I have joined club Tortwah (credit to the club founders, I do not remember their names, @songbirdme do you?). However, I am committed to this system because I know it works

I got a $30 off coupon from Ubereats and used it to treat myself to a salmon & asparagus lunch, chased with a few glasses of Kombucha . It hit the spot nicely 😁😁

Day 20 NFD

More tomorrow…

All prepped and ready to go for a fast day tomorrow

@basyjames – no, I don’t remember the Tortwah Club…. help me out a little as to what it was/is — I’m getting old and forgetful. 🙂

USA. Day 20. FD800

Basyjames, I remember the Tortwah Club from the beginning of it but don’t remember who started it. It was definitely the club for slow losers. I probably should have joined it but never did. I spend more time on a roller coaster myself! LOL. I really need to stop that and I am trying! 🙂

Day 21, FD, Aus

I feel like the worst dog owner ever. This morning we dropped off our boy for “that” operation. He is very protective of his personal space, does not like strangers and did NOT want to go with the vet nurse at all. We should be able to collect him this afternoon. I hope he forgives me!!

However, I comfort myself with the news that came in overnight of a peaceful transition in the US Govt.

Hi @johnnyr. I know you’ve been away from the forum for a while but it looks like you’ve forgotten one important rule. Do not use the F-word!!! And a 700 calorie day rather than an 800 once sounds like success to me so I’m hoping you were being tongue-in-cheek.

Thanks for the salt explanation @northgeorgia. Fortunately, I am not one of those people who get headaches. Congrats on your new low.

You go @stitchincarol!!! I KNEW you could keep a promise!

Day 21 FD country west Australia
    Day 20 CD
    Had just finished a long post, tried to post it and it has been swallowed up by the ether. There are days when I loathe technology.
    I am losing small increments of about 100g at a time though the scales do swing up and down pretty widely.
    @stitchincarol, I always find I have to be very careful on the NFDs as the FDs tend to take care of themselves.
    Feasting too much on a NFD over too many days is recipe for disaster and weight gain.
    As someone has said ‘ You can’t outrun a bad diet.’!
    @i-hate-lettuce so pleased to hear of your good results.
    @northgeorgia great that you are in the 220s. Long may it continue.
    @basyjames I too remember the Tortwah club. Didn’t join it back then but think I am a fully signed up member now!!
    I also remember a lot of discussion about keffir and kombucha and bone broth back in about ?? 2017. Hearing a bit about them again now. Bone broth I could cope with but the other 2….🤢
    @nellen and all our US friends pleased to hear that the Inauguration seems to have gone fairly well.
    @ccco we should lose weight just by being on the roller coaster!
    Go well all.😎🥵

Day 20. US/DC Well, I made it as a FD. Never thought I would – particularly doing a 30 minute Peloton spin class. Let’s just say I am pretty grouchy, but I made it AND the inauguration is over, life has calmed down and we are moving on. So I can’t be too grouchy. Am thinking I should just go to bed early so I can wake up and eat. Ha ha ha.
    Thank you all for your support. I think those of us in the US, on both sides of the aisle, are feeling calmer. That’s a good thing.

Day 20 Minnesota, USA NFD

So many text messages and calls today. DH home doing telemedicine, which always throws me off my usual schedule. Watched quite a bit of the inauguration while doing some housework and vacuuming. I’m relieved there was no violence today. I’m relieved that things have calmed down and become more civil again. Or so it seems. I hope civility will triumph in our country.

Day 21, New Zealand, NFD – 16:8

A little bit about me. Today’s weight 91.8kg. I started 5:2 back in 2017 so know a fair bit about it but stopped for holidays. I didn’t get back on for a while and decided to do CICO but i could not stick with that. So I’m back doing 5:2 again for 2021. I know this is not a quick fix but that’s ok as long as I get to my happy weight in the end.
    I’m a cardiac nurse at the hospital in the city which seems ironic because I’m not the healthiest person in terms of the body fat % on my body (lol) but I love my job, some days are harder than others. I would really love to get to 58kg as that’s where I felt best and I’m so sick of lugging this extra weight around. In NZ we say lesshhgo hahaha

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning, it’s very cold but I managed my brisk morning walk after two mornings of rain which stopped me going out. So good to get fresh air first thing. But, to be honest, my main reason for this walk is to feed the local village stray cat.

She is a lovely ginger cat who has been hanging around the local primary school and the entrance to my estate for about 3 years. I started popping cat treats into my pocket a few years ago, now I bring full on sachet of wet food (taken from my own Missie’s stores) and pop it down when I see her. She is often waiting for me on the church wall (at 6.15am ☺️) and runs towards me with tail high in the air.

It really makes my day, a lovely way to start it. Then I go home and feed Missie…who will never know I am cheating on her with another from the wrong side of the tracks 😆

@i-hate-lettuce your post yesterday really did my heart good too, fantastic news of your recovery….well done to your strength and resilience and most of all your positive attitude. Delighted for you both.

@@JohhnyR I laughed at your “fail’ post….wish I had days like that 😄 And your trippy dog sounds fun a and @penz your barrelling one too 😄

Now Club Tortwah….(Club Tortoise)… Was that @rainbowsmile or someone who hasn’t been here in ages? Back then I absolutely did not qualify, I was winning the Grand National of weight loss back then…..but now? Sign me up.

This weekend I plan to sit down, plan my food and exercise for the next few weeks, and try to get off this plateau. I have been tricking myself with weighing myself in kilos, I see the weight, I have a fair idea…but I am a stones type of gal. This morning DH must have weighed himself and had changed it to stones……I took a gulp when I saw what I REALLY weighed…..

Time to get serious.

Have a great day. Mornings are brighter, nights are ever so slightly shorter ….spring is almost here.

Day 21 UK. NFD

GRR. I was all set up to do a fasting day today but have woken up with a cold so I am going to abort the mission

Want to play it safe having had Long Covid for so many months

The good news is that this week I have been exemplary in my eating and exercising behaviours so I hope that only doing one fast day this week won’t impact too much…

@johnnyr
    Your dog sounds hilarious and just like mine – Hope you were okay though when you landed up in a ditch!! That’s my worst nightmare ha ha

To everyone in the US, I am so glad that yesterday’s events in DC all passed off peacefully XX

Day 21 UK FD800

Nice day here. Snow on the ground and clear sky 🙂

Official weekly weigh in today. Down to 85.8kg which is 1.9kg down in 2 weeks 🙂 I’ll give myself a sticker later.

Nice to hear you’re back on it @fastingto58kgs . Good luck with your weight loss journey. Reach out for support here if you need it.

Apols for using the F-word the other day @penz It was tongue in cheek but I won’t do it again 🙂

Day 21 France FD800

Bonjour everyone. I went AWOL yesterday both from the eating and the thread. It started off well with no breakfast apart from my usual mug of tea. We worked outside, cutting the top 3-4m off a row of 9 silver birch trees. My husband was up the ladder cutting and then I sawed the dropped lengths into shorter pieces and carried many many loads of branches to another part of the garden to burn. It was steady, moderate work so when I went in for lunch, I was definitely ready to eat. Had my normal soup and 28g cheese but was still cold and hungry so ate some bread, butter and cold chicken. In the afternoon, I made some stem ginger biscuits and ate 3! In the evening I had some crisps and a little cherry aperitif before dinner and 2 glasses of rouge. So not exactly FD800 but did I enjoy it? Yes! I think I’ve got that out of my system and today, I’m back with determination to do this properly. I might possiblt do another FD800 tomorrow to compensate but I think I’ll do a good one today, weigh in tomorrow and then decide. It’s one day ‘off plan’ so I’m moving on and not feeling guilty about it.

Day 21 pocket list
    @clemmi FD800

Day 21 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Friday weigh in day, put on one pound! Certainly not bothered about that, especially as I missed my planned Thursday FD yesterday, just completely forgot!
    However it was nice to share the good news with you all from Oncologist, especially after all the encouragement I got from 5:2 friends when I was feeling grim during treatment 😉

@at – I thought it was you regarding the quote, thank you, it’s stuck with me.

Wet and windy day, hope the flooding in the UK isn’t affecting anyone.

Take care all

Day 21 – UK – FD800 x 4

Usual energetic start to Thursday – 7am Broga and 9am Aerobic class – 1200mls water already consumed and now showered and enjoying a well deserved cup of tea ☕️

Volunteer session at 1130 to sort out hot lunch for home delivery to those in need from our parish centre then planning a lazy afternoon with a book I have been wanting to get into…….

Some lovely positive posts coming through this January 🤗

@nellen – glad it resonates with you too
    @ccco – I nearly slipped up with the wine last night…..but bless him OH reminded me that I had set a target to start dry until Friday 29th……I had forgotten that I had asked him to stop me if my hand reached for that bottle 🤣🤣
    @mogaman – you can stop that upward trend – grab hold and I’ll pull you on our 5:2bandwagon 🤗
    @penz – When my DD had to get her Beagle done she asked if I could go with her and distract her whilst he was in – so we dropped him off and went for a long walk and then picked up a happy if groggy beagle pup and he was fine so I’m sure yours will be too 🤗🐶
    @lilymartin – I still make my home-made Kefir and love it – it tastes like a yogurt drink to me!
    @fastingto58kgs – welcome back I remember you from previous challenges – why not set yourself mini challenges and try logging on daily for motivation and support – join Mogamon and others on that bandwagon!
    @fivetwofan5252 – take care and hope the cold does not develop into anything worrying
    @johnnyr – 👍 on that 1.9kg
    @clemmi – it’s good for the soul to have a day off and enjoy good food and wine and then we can move forward positively
    @i-hate-lettuce – you are very welcome – it made me think of your positive attitude and fighting spirit – lovely to hear of your positive journey forward

Pocket list 🤗 Day 20
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @at FD800

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Positive Vibes to all those on a FD today and Mindful Eating to those on NFDs. “Never compare your journey with someone else’s. Your journey is your journey not a competition”

Day 20 UK FD

Wise words indeed @at , it is important to remember we need to find what works for us as individuals, this forum shows how different we all are – although I do have to laugh at how similar some of @stitchincarol s journey is to my own at times One of the joys is trying some of the suggestions, I’m forever in @flourbaby s debt for introducing me to Leslie🏃‍♀️
    Onwards ……
    Pocket list 🤗 Day 20
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Positive Vibes to all those on a FD today and Mindful Eating to those on NFDs. “Never compare your journey with someone else’s. Your journey is your journey not a competition”

Day 21, London, UK, FD,

Long Post Warning – I would usually say “Feel free to skip”, but now I’m saying “Read every single word, it’ll keep you out of the kitchen!!!!”😜😂😝

Yesterday turned into a LCHF feast of a day, egg mayo, I surprised myself since I’m NOT an eggy person, and a continental platter of prosciutto, salami, chorizo and some pickles, funnily enough it led to ½lb loss! I think I’m leaning more towards HFLC NFDs and <500cal LC FDs although I need to use up lots of carby soups before I can make FDs officially LC.

@stitchincarol, I think your other-self who loved twice a day Leslie walks has managed to walk off with my other-self who was doing the same!!! I blame the change in weather 😎, since it couldn’t possibly be down to my inherent laziness😜!!!! I need to find her again though, the waist spread is REAL!!!

@ccco, I did that during my last shopping trip, I actually had the conscious thought …………….. “Well I won’t be back here soon, so I ought to get that bag of wine gums, just in case I get desperate & my thoughts turn murderous!!!” ……………………… well, something along those lines, suffice to say, the wine gums are gone; and I don’t mean into the bin!!!!! Thank goodness I skipped the vino aisle and there’s not a drop in the house 😀!!!!

@daffodil2010, I was in the same race as you, but unlike you, the numbers ARE going up and although it’s baffling, it isn’t rocket science, it’s simple; the calorie deficit is in fact a calorie credit!! It doesn’t seem like such a long time ago, but I started 5:2 at the end of 2016, so an unbelievable 4yrs!!! The losses weren’t super speedy, it just seemed that way because it was easy, the speedy part has been the reacquiring of spare tyres I thought I had ditched for good, especially in the last 3 months😢. Yes, @mogaman I too am kicking my own a*se for doing this to myself!!! Dealing with the leak😟, moving house😰, WFH😲 etc, etc, etc. did I mention the pandemic😷?? I never thought I was an emotional eater but, here we are!!!! Anyway, in effect, I’m starting again, not looking back (I’m not going that way anyway!!) and focussing on NOT getting complacent and sticking to my plan!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, your MOAM title doesn’t just relate to walking!!! 🙌

@basyjames, I think we Club Tortwah 🐢 members have @metatauta to thank ………………….. or was it @annemarilyn ……………….. or maybe @rainbowsmile???!!! 🐢

@daffodil2010, be very, very careful!!! If Missie gets wind of the other lady😻 in your life, she won’t speak to you for weeks!!!!

@at, what a brave man your OH is, I recall asking for similar help regarding stopping smoking ……………………….. it did NOT end well!!!!!

@dykask, I hope you’re just too busy, WFing & exercising to post!!!!

Onward & downwards folks, stay strong, keep the faith, pull that finger out and remember ……………………………….

“If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.” – Jane Travis

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Ready for my last FD of the week! Pleased to say that today’s post NFD weigh-in only barely scathed 230 lbs. The 230 border may be converting from my “low” to my “high.” Hoorah! Maybe I’ll see 228 again tomorrow morning…

Wow, the pocket list was so long, I thought maybe it was a mistake, but I think not! Happy not eating! haha

Pocket list 🤗 Day 21
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @daffodil2010
    @johnnyr FD800
    @clemmi FD800
    @at FD800
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Viewing 50 posts - 401 through 450 (of 612 total)

You must be logged in to reply.