January 2021 Challenge – Rejuvenating January

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2021 Challenge – Rejuvenating January

This topic contains 598 replies, has 36 voices, and was last updated by  I hate lettuce 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 612 total)

• Day 17, QLD (AUS) FD800

Thanks so much for the commiserations and constructive advice, all.

An increased salt intake may well have been the culprit, as I had just starting adding salt to my food following advice I read on the forums. I knocked that off and my weight has dropped right back down.

I had no idea salt could have such dramatic effects!

Hoping the scales will resume a downward trajectory this week. I am going to stick with FD 800 as a daily average over the week, but have a bit more variation in calorie count from day to day.

I so impressed by those of you doing cardio on FD! I feel noticeably more lethargic on a very low calorie diet. And I do want to feel strong and fit too, not just smaller.

Day 17 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Have a pal who has just started 5:2, he, like me decided enough, need to lose some weight. We speak 3 or 4 times a week on the ‘phone and visit occasionally (when c19 permits!) He was very impressed with my weight loss when we were talking a while back so decided last week to take the plunge. He’s had a good start and his OH has stopped buying certain foods to avoid fridge tempters! He’s not likely to turn up here though, not his thing.
    Funny, just after Christmas I was on one of my walks when one of the dogwalkers I know stopped for a chat, he’d noticed I’ve lost a lot of weight, so he’s trying the Fasting 800 version.

Never would have thought I was a walking advert for weight loss 🙂 🙂

Take care all

Day 17, London, UK, FD

Good Morning all, I missed a couple of days posting (off my January plan!) but I had good reason!!! My mum💕 now has a lovely sticker on her jacket, it reads …………………………………………. “I’ve had my Covid vaccination”!!!🎆🎇 You’ll know, I’ve been determined to get her vaccinated at the earliest possible time and although not at the top of the list at 81, I did the thing we’re not supposed to do and badgered her GP’s surgery😟. I know, I know, but I only called twice, when I called to ensure they used my mobile number for contact, I asked what the procedure would be and they said all over 80‘s in alphabetical order😲!!! As a ‘W’ I thought I would ‘chance my arm’ and called once the vaccination hub had opened and they gave me an appointment! Whether it was her scheduled appointment or not, all I can say is Phew!!! Whilst there I thought I would be cheeky and ask if they had any spare vaccine (from the no-shows etc) they said possibly, just wait 20mins or so which was fine as my mum had to be observed for 15mins anyway. It wasn’t for me, but I had hoped my brother❤ could be vaccinated. Unfortunately they didn’t have any spare😭. He lives with and cares for my mum, but he’s also a frontline worker😇 delivering hot meals to care homes, the housebound and the elderly in general😷. He’s super anxious about being out and about and returning home to my mum, lock-down doesn’t apply to his job! Anyway, I’m somewhat relieved, now to start praying for my brother’s appointment!!! 🙏

So, back to fasting. Today I feel lighter, less stressed & less anxious, so the fasting wagon is back on the road, we had a glass of vino to celebrate the vaccination yesterday😲, therefore today WILL be OMAD💪 with a lovely cabbage & chorizo soup at about 5pm, followed by a swift slam, bolt & chain of the kitchen door!!!

@songbirdme, you should be chuffed, chuffed to bits in fact since you’re our poster girl for 5:2 and specifically maintenance 🙌!!

@stitchincarol, I did ADF last July💪 with my FDs being LFDs!! I’m not sure where the mojo to complete the month came from, but the -10lbs was very welcome at a time when lockdown stress was kicking my a*se!!! I’m not quite sure what happened for the remainder of the year, I guess I just took my eye 👀 off of the ball!!!

@clemmi, isn’t it strange how we’re now talking about lockdowns, mask wearing and 6pm curfews in such a casual fashion? I hope we don’t forget simpler, happier, less restricted times🙏!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, yes, you’re definitely another one of our poster boys for 5:2!!! Good to hear the curry has returned to the menu, what’s life without curry???? ………………………… and for you, a sneaky beer or three🍺🍻???

I think I used this quote in my last post and I’m keeping it in mind throughout the days since, it really works for a professional procrastinator such as myself😁!!!!………………………………………..

“The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

Day 17 US/DC FD
    It is cloudy and damp and cold here this morning; that is going to interfere with my plans to walk. But yoga awaits – so that will work.
    On my NF days the scales go up a tiny bit each morning, which I find disheartening even though I know that will be the case (less than half a pound.). But it makes me worry that I will have to do this for life to get to and stay at my goal weight.
    My less emotional mind tells me that can’t be true. But I would appreciate anyone’s thoughts on this.
    Because while it is less than half a pound, it wouldn’t take too many days of that to get right back where I started.
    Thanks

Post 2 – @litprof – I am so glad to hear it is the salt intake. I am one of those people who hold on to salt, and the water that loves it, especially if I am stressed out. But don’t give up salt altogether, just use a little bit in cooking and up your water intake. That should help with the headaches and water retention. At least it does for me.

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

Happy Sunday! Going to try another 4:3 this week, starting with today. Weigh-in wobbled between 232 and 231, so I settled on the lower number, to give me hope for the scales tomorrow morning. Trying to stay away from the 233 number, which I last weighed in last Sunday, so feeling confident this week.

Going to do some housework today rather than sit around watching Hulu or movies on the TV, so that should help (it’s sort of like going to the gym, I am not motivated and the high intensity can wear me out, but in this case when I’m done I can see instant results haha)

@nellen Well, it is called a WOL. I’ve heard some folks say they do have to follow 5:2 for life, while most say they only have to do 6:1 or an occasional 6:1 for maintenance. Maybe those who are in maintenance can tell us more.

The bottom line that I take away is that we have to sustain eating in a satisfying way at the TDEE for our goal weight, which in the end means a change in our habits or otherwise the calories will sneak back in. I’d like to think this means we can still occasionally enjoy the foods and drinks that maybe aren’t the most nutritious things in the world, but in moderation, choosing instead those things that get us through our FDs as a part of a regular daily diet: high fiber, lots of vegetables and lean proteins, a little fruit, loads of water. I see this WOL as a slow, deliberate, highly influential training for my mind and body, so that I can learn how to eat mindfully while saying “nothing is off-limits,” but maybe every evening after work doesn’t mean grazing everything in the refrigerator or grabbing a bag of 1,200 calorie fast food before bedtime.

Have a good weekend, everyone.

Pocket list Day 17
    @litprof
    @flourbaby
    @nellen
    @northgeorgia

ZBC
    @northgeorgia

Day 17 5:2 Houston USA
    Is it too late to join?

Day 17 Florida NFD I was with the group since the beginning but lost my way a few months ago. I’m back on track but need the support. @at Can you add me to the Spreadsheet as Mogaman?

early ( 4.30 am!! ) Day 18. country west Australia FD
    Finally the wind has eased but now the heat is setting in – 35C plus all week forecast.
    Been trying to be mindful but busy busy busy with life happening in all directions.
    Clothes fitting better.
    Scales superglued in position and not moving but I am not worried as I feel better in myself and eating less so eventually the scales will behave.
    Just seeing DD off to early work. Might post later after I read some of the posts from the past few days.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just home from a junket out to Costco for gas and some provisions. DH figured buying gas there saves us about $14 per fill-up. Well worth the trip. Rather than fast food on the way home, we will head to our fave Italian place for supper. I’m saving all my daily calories for that meal.

@greenbkpr – not too late to join at all! This is an amazing forum for friendliness and support. We do ask you to follow the guidelines on Page 1, especially keeping the “day” as the calendar day rather than your own.

@flourbaby – thanks so much for the props! I can’t tell you how much this forum has meant to me through all the years. GREAT quote by Disney too.

@northgeorgia – yes, 6:1 has worked for me for maintenance for 4 years now. I am very careful not to splurge more than 1 day on my 6 ‘normal’ TDEE days. I do remember someone else who was on maintenance here years ago continued 5:2 just so she could indulge more on the 5.

But honestly, the people here have done more to keep me on my own wagon. Thank you all -previous and current members of our International Community!

Onward and downward.

Day 18, FD, Aus

Love a Monday FD. I know how much weight I put on over my 4 weeks off, but I hadn’t taken my measurements. Wish I had because my work skirt is far tighter than the kilo increase would suggest it should! It was loose in early December… Sigh….

You are the early bird today @lilymartin!

Welcome back @mogaman and welcome @greenbkpr (love you handle btw).

second post.
    Well have just read 2 and 1/2 pages of posts and had replies to several comments but didn’t write down the names and now can’t remember who said what!!🤔
    Re calories in. 🍕🥦🍳🧀
    Many years ago ( pre 5:2 for me) I was asked to run a group for people wanting to get fit and lose weight. I gave them each a notebook and told them to write down every single morsel they consumed in a week.
    Every peanut🥜, every bite of the kid’s toast🍞, chocolate,🍫 lick of the raw cake mix🍰 etc etc.
    Every single one of us ( myself included as I did it too) was blown away by how much we actually consumed and how much we ‘ thought’ we had consumed.😫
    That was a start.
    And funnily enough, even though I am using MFP at present, I just started writing everything I am eating in a journal so I can see it at a glance and it is already helping me to be even more mindful than I have been for a while.🙄
    @litprof, I was on a plateau for so long a few years ago and it sounds very similar to you. Eating very little and recording same, exercising more and NO change.
    I was on the plateau for so long I called in the decorators!!!!!!!! as I watched others lose weight.
    Eventually had a hissy fit, gave up doing 5:2 sensibly, then game up altogether.
    Fast forward 3 years and in November when I got back on the wagon ( and caused serious problems for the poor old horse pulling the wagon 😲🐎, probably flinging some other ‘ waggoners’ off in the process!!) 😳 I was heavier than I had EVER been in my life thanks to gaining 17 kgs!!!!!! 🙄😳😧due to seriously overeating and not thinking about my health at all. So PLEASE stay with us and we will support you. But I DO know what it feels like – all that effort for no apparent result. Stay the course and it WILL
    happen.👍
    @songbirdme, I love anchovies . And Caesar salad . I usually ask for the dressing on the side as I am not too fussed about most dressings and can’t stand salads which are drenched. 😝
    @stitchincarol my get up and go, got up and went. See above!! Please don’t let yours go the same way.
    @penz and @johnnyr good to see you back.
    @clemmi, I notice the same. The less I eat over time seems to reset my appetite and I am satisfied with less.
    On FDs I am fine if I don’t eat at all but that first bite seems to stimulate the ?leptin/? ghrelin hormones and then it is on for young and old and my appetite is well and truly stimulated . I often have to work really hard to keep the hunger dragons at bay. Fortunately this is getting better.
    I usually found the NFDs harder than the FDs. Keeping to TDEE was difficult as I was underestimating my intake , a VERY common problem.
    With MFP I know what I am consuming. I don’t like counting calories but at present it is the only way….
    ( After such an early start I am already ready for bed and it’s only 7 am !!)😴 It’s going to be a long day.
    Have a good day all. Thinking of our US friends and hoping all goes well this week.

Day 18 – Western Australia – FD
    Day 17 – NFD
    Day 16 – NFD
    Day 15 – NFD
    Day 14 – NFD

My Sunday weigh-in was a little disappointing 😐 My NFDs became ever so slightly gluttonous and reversed a bit of my fast-work so the target wasn’t hit (off by 1.5kg) and now my monthly target is looking a little shaky! I guess that’s what you get when you drop the accountability and don’t check in!!!

Will try to check in daily this week and get back on track. Two weeks to try and hit the goal… hmmm I reckon I still can 🙂 Going to give it my best shot anyway! Going to try to stay keto until the end of Jan as that’s when my weight drops. Picked up a fresh pack of monitoring strips, so here we go.

Hope you all had a good weekend. Will read through the pages of updates I’ve missed as there are always pieces of gold to be found in your posts – be they tips on what to do, inspiring posts or hilarious recounts of things that have happened. Thanks for being my internet fast buddies 😀

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Lovely day, too much food/beer, but lovely day. Oh well. Tomorrow is a FD, so that will be lovely in its own way.

@songbirdme One of my students from years ago had parents who kept me pampered with lovely Christmas gifts and occasional baked goods; the one I remember the most is a bit of yeast dough wrapped around a marshmallow, allowed to raise, and then baked. Totally amazing, and what a treasure for you to have the chocolate chip cookies from your student!

@johnnyr Your description of your dog as a tripping hazard made me laugh; I’ve known several dogs like that over the years!

@clemmi You do indeed have to live your life, and your day out to lunch with your friends sounded perfect!

@i-hate-lettuce I love the image of you as a walking billboard!

@flourbaby I love reading your posts. I truly love reading them and feeling like we’ve just had a lovely chat when I get to the end of them. Thanks for your willingness to chatter as you do, because you’re one of the highlights of this forum for me! And, about your ADF last July. One of the interesting points in the Every Other Day Diet book is her insistence that it must be 25% on a FD, not 0%, 50%, 75%, or any other number. Apparently she did some research to arrive at that number, but I don’t have the book to read the details. Interesting, huh? Especially since you had such stellar results with your LFD approach to ADF.

@greenbkpr It’s never too late to join; we’re glad to have you with us! Tell us what you’d like and are comfortable with about yourself and your journey to this point, and jump up on the wagon with us all!

@mogaman, yours is not a name I remember, so “How do you do” and welcome back!

Thanks, @lilymartin, for the encouragement. 💞

“A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown

Day 18 U.K. FD

Really sorry I have not posted for ages!

However I have been working away in the background

Also just finished reading the new Dr Jason Fung book, Life In The Fasting Lane.
    I would really recommend this book to newbies and also to people like me who are coming back to fasting after quite a gap.

More later…

Happy fasting everyone 🙂

Day 18, Emden Germany, FD

@nellen I’m in maintenance and like @songbirdme I’m doing 6:1 and when I think I overdid it the day before, I just do another one. My downfall are sweets, as long as I stay away from them, I’m fine.

Welcome back @mogaman and welcome @greenbkpr!

Pocket list day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Morning all. It’s Blue Monday today, apparently the most depressing Monday of the year due to being so far away from Christmas and pay day still not until end of month, and today will have more people ringing in sick than normal.

However I don’t believe today will be a Blue Monday. Getting ready for another week, another FD today….to change things around I might not have much this evening and just have my main meal at lunchtime. Weight is staying put for now.

@flourbaby super news that you got your mum vaccinated. I must check with my Dad when he will be getting his, at 84 and underlying conditions he will be soon I hope. Me and DH are 14th on the list of 15 priorities…..so it will be a while for us yet. Planning of holidays won’t really happen until then

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 18 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Slow start this morning catching up with things, but I’m on the wagon for a FD.

@flourbaby – You’re right about curry and beer, they do rather go hand in hand!

@daffodil2010 – Blue Monday? well to help counteract that, I raked the front lawn and border yesterday afternoon to clear a bit of debris. There, poking plenty of shoots out, were daffodils and snowdrops! The snowdrops are in fact developing buds! Gets to this time of year when I ‘disturb’ the garden, a little tidying but more like getting any accumulation of leaves up, while leaving enough for the birds to be able to turn over and get amongst the grubs etc.

Take care all

Pocket list day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 18 – UK – FD

Unfortunately no FD since I Day 12 – I have to admit that my fasting mindset has not been very strong for the past month really – too much of the old 🍷🥂 has definitely weakened my fasting mojo……The only positive is that my exercise levels have stayed the same – doing all my regular zoom classes and yesterday enjoyed a 12.6km hike and started today as usual with my regular Broga class at 7am.

I haven’t weighed myself for this challenge but I know that some kgs have been added during the last 2 weeks of December and the first 2 weeks of January so I gave myself a good talking to yesterday whilst I was walking and am pressing my RESET button with FD 800 Monday to Thursday and staying dry for the next two weeks until Friday 29th when I have a special meal delivery coming from Simon Rogan at Home – now all I need to do is to put my words into action🤞so must ensure that I log in daily for accountability – and I am to log it all on the spreadsheet now to remind me of my promise to myself!!! “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@nellen @basyjames @penz @daffodil2010 @flourbaby @brightonbelle – I’m another one to lose willpower when I’m drinking alcohol – and it certainly stimulates the appetite so no hope of staying within TDEE on those days……and I can’t even blame OH as he stopped drinking alcohol years ago (at least 15 years if not more) but he did buy me a membership for the Wine Society so it is his fault 🤣🤣🤣🤣
    @i-hate-lettuce – good to hear that your are now able to extend variety in your diet and tolerating it well and thank you for adding me to the spreadsheet – no excuse now!
    @northgeorgia – sympathies – it is so easy to underestimate what we actually consume……..
    @litprof – great advice from many and I agree with the water retention due to salty foods – check on that and try to drink at least 2L of water a day – Just read that salt was the culprit!!!
    @michelinme – good to hear from you and 🤞on your continuing recovery from long Covid – Self care is so important at these times – resting, eating very easy healthy food and sleeping sounds like a very sensible plan 🤗
    @songbirdme – I’ll be looking up Lupin – sounds like something that would interest me
    @mogaman – welcome back and you are on the spreadsheet!
    @greenbkpr – never too late to join and welcome – I have added you to the spreadsheet too
    Here is the link if you want to use it:-
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1u9-9iJVc4Xjj9RLAcuCWuk0WUE1ua9ovCw_Wwh-2TEo/edit?usp=sharing

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Day 18 UK FD (Second Post)

@snowflake56 – I read in Dr Jason Fung’s book about feeling cold on a FD!

According to the book (and co-author Megan Ramos) feeling cold on a FD is a sign that you are about to enter ketosis, but that your body is struggling to make the switch from burning sugars to burning fat. Apparently we will warm up once our bodies have become ‘fat-adapted’

For me personally the above makes a great deal of sense, given that I have had a break from fasting for 10+ months.

@songbirdme – I was disappointed to find the authors of Life In The Fasting Lane already using the term ‘fasting muscle!’ I thought I had coined the phrase, but sadly it looks like I unconsciously absorbed it whilst reading Dr Jason Fung stuff 🙁
    But regardless of who coined the phrase, doesn’t it perfectly describe the situation!

Day 18 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Very, very wet here in Wales and weather warnings for heavy rain until Thursday so I’m going to have to keep busy with indoor jobs. Drank an adequate amount of wine over the weekend 🙄 but I have eaten mindfully, healthy choices and no processed carbs or sugars. Feeling optimistic for a good FD.

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @missybear

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @missybear

Day 18 UK FD
    Right – time to get serious ! I thought I’d have a gentle January but obviously relaxed way too much and I appear to be 3lb s up this morning !!! 2 weeks left in January to try and reverse this trend
    Thanks for putting me on the lists @at You sound to be in a similar position

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day UK FD (third post)

@northerndawn – Thanks so much for your kind words!

–> This morning I have just lined up 3.5 litres of water, as a strong visual reminder of how much I must drink before I go to bed tonight.

I have also come across a rather crazy online guy, who wasn’t my cup of tea at all, but who seems to have invented a phenomenon called Snake Juice. This is a salt water/electrolyte recipe which I actually really like, so I have filled up a water bottle with “Snake Juice” too

So hopefully I am well prepared for today’s fast.

Dat 18 France FD800

Bonjour everyone. Just a quick check in as I’m making a huge batch of spicy pumpkin soup (112 cals per serving!) and need to keep an eye on it.
    I’ve just done 3 days of NFD and went off the rails a bit with chocolate after a couple of glasses of wine on Saturday. We ate the choc late in the evening which was a very bad move as I didn’t get to sleep until probably after 2am. There must be a lot of caffeine in chocolate or something else. Consequently, yesterday I was tired but ate very sensibly and just had a small glass of beer. No more chocolate late evening- lesson learned.
    Like you, @ AT, I’m doing FD 800 Monday to Thursday.

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day 18 UK FD800
    Day 16 TRE
    Day 17 TRE

Good bits: Feeling happier with an obvious bit of weight off. Still plenty to go at but running was a bit easier/faster over the weekend. Running in a fasted state was fine – I’m always a bit faster if fed before a run but it’s marginal and weight loss will get me faster 🙂 Carrying 10-15kg extra around running is hard work!

‘Iffy’ bits: Managed to do some TRE eating over the weekend with minimal snacks. (Fasted all Sunday until family meal at 7pm). But… It’s really hard sometimes when I’m chief chef in the house and others demand a pudding! So Tarte Tatin made with pears and 100g of purest sucrose was on the menu last night. Hard to resist served with a small dollop of ice cream. And that led to a couple more high carb treats before sleep. I’m hoping the 450kcal running has offset some of that 😉 but not sure it works like that.

Bad bits: Too many carbs over the weekend. 🙁

Interesting bits: Sweet foods already tasting too sweet.

Adding myself to the pocket list. I need to fast!

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

USA. Day 18. FD800

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Have a great day, everyone!🌈

Day 18 US/DC NFD
    Good morning all. Yesterday was a FD and it went really pretty well. It helped that I had a lot of work to do so not much time to think about eating.
    I am interested in what many of you say about being fine until you eat – I am just like that. I say it’s my mouth that’s hungry, and honestly I think that’s right. If I don’t eat, I’m not really thinking about food but once my taste buds get a treat – it begins. I want to eat. Water helps, but doesn’t completely turn off that desire. Interesting.
    This will be a very odd week here in DC. Hoping it’s safe and no one gets hurt. It is very, very strange in the city – empty except for National Guard. Who would have ever imagined.
    Good luck this week all.

Day 17 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    Day 18 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Happy to report my mum had her jab on Saturday. My brother was able to take her to the local hospital for it.
    Not sure what’s in store for MiL as she’s still in hospital and may be considered too vulnerable for it. ???
    Yesterday and today DH & I took advantage of the dry weather to have an extra-long walk with the dog.
    This afternoon I have my French conversation class over Zoom. I really need to practise more. This will keep me occupied though and take my mind off eating. Calories planned today will be around 650.
    @ccco thanks for adding me to the lists, I’m also having an FD today 🙂
    Have a good day everyone.
    Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Yes! Weigh-in: 229 lbs this morning! And this one wasn’t a “barely” like the one time it came in 229.9 or so back on the 4th. This one is 229.5, so it makes me feel even better and confident that I’ll soon be getting off this plateau. The mindful eating on NFDs was helpful, and as I start back at the office tomorrow, that should get easier. Hopefully, I’ll see the 220s at another weigh-in this week!

Welcome to all the folks joining us this month; I haven’t been able to keep up (sorry!) I’d love to hear more about yourselves, whatever you’d like to tell us!

Just removing myself from the pocket lists since I did my FD yesterday and will do another one tomorrow, but good luck to everyone below!

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2

ZBC 🚫
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day 18 North Canton OH WF 3

Very dark, cloudy and dreary day today. I need some sun! It also snowed over night and I did not go for my run this morning because I could barely get out of bed.

Lots of work to wade through, so need to run

Keep calm and find reasons to smile today.

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

Scales were at 154.0 this morning. Remember when I hovered between 146 and 148?? Just one month ago??? sigh This week has nothing to interrupt my usual four-day FD500/FD800 pattern, so I’m hoping the success these days will bring will motivate me back to my strong self from last fall. Fingers crossed, right?

One thing that must change is my indifference to exercise. Well, I guess the indifference can stay, and probably will, but even while indifferent, I must DO IT. Because it helps me lose weight? Nah. It does help a small bit, but I want to be strong and healthy, and that requires either exercise or heavy gardening, and January in Nebraska eliminates any possibility of heavy gardening, so exercise it must be.

Is that my pledge to you all? LOL, I just sat here for several minutes, staring out the window, wondering if I could actually commit to a pledge. I’ll get back to you on the decision.

@snowflake56 Thanks for putting me on the pocket list! That’s such an amazing feeling of being looked after by a friend half a globe away!

@northgeorgia YAY for 229!

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @stitchincarol

And, I took a deep breath, pulled up my big girl panties, and put myself on the exercise list, because, for this week at least, I’m committing to the exercise. Won’t like it, but will do it. Why is this such a chore for some and such a joy for others? Amazing, eh?

Have a grand day, everyone. “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – unknown I believe I need to print that out and post it in my kitchen as a reminder to me that it’s not my strength, my power, but my determination, my persistence, my willingness to keep on keeping on. We can do this!

USA. Day 18. FD800

Nellen, I am like you. I am fine until I eat! This is why I try to do OMAD. I am not hungry at breakfast time, unless I eat. Then suddenly I am. I eat OMAD at noon, which seems to fill me up until, so I don’t need dinner.

Wonderfully, I will be able to get my vaccine on next Monday, if there are any left. I am trying to be hopeful! Glad some of you have parents who were able to be inoculated.

Day 18 Canada FD

Such a mild winter so far, it has still been great skiing and hiking so I am finding lots of opportunities to get outside and feeling lucky to be able to do so. I don’t find winter the easiest season for this WOL though and seem to have more CD’s than FD’s. I have no idea how this is impacting my weight as my scales seem to be totally unreliable and are due for replacement. Clothes are feeling okay so I will use that as my guide.

It is great to hear so many are getting vaccines, read a lovely piece in the morning paper about the huge volunteer effort in the UK to support the role out.

@stitchincarol your strength is still there, let’s make this week a good one
    @i-hate-lettuce I think you are an amazing role model for so many great things

Congrats to everyone who are doing well this month and losing or maintaining and welcome to the new posters and those who are back.

Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @bellyblast

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast

Day 18 USA (Illinois) FD

Doing okay, but decided a FD would be an excellent idea. Pizza and wine last night, despite it being my only meal, probably wasn’t the best idea. Did get to Silver Sneakers this morning, so yeah for that.

@fivetwofan5252 – interesting to read about our FD coldness as leading to ketosis. I haven’t heard that before. I still will give you credit for the whole “fasting muscle” meme. 🙂

@clemmi – oh yes, chocolate does really effect my sleep, just like any caffeine after about 2 p.m. (1400). I keep decaf tea around for an afternoon or evening warm-up especially on a FD.

@stitchincarol – that yeast dough around a marshmallow sounds vaguely familiar, maybe then dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar? I know I have seen a recipe like that somewhere.

@nellen – may you and all of DC be safe this week.

Joining the pocket list today:
    Pocket list 🤗 Day 18
    @lilymartin
    @penz
    @elektron
    @fivetwofan5252
    @stitchincarol
    @at
    @michelinme
    @snowflake56
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800
    @ccco FD800
    @suki2
    @basyjames WFD3
    @bellyblast
    @songbirdme

ZBC 🚫
    @northgeorgia
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @stitchincarol

Exercise 🏋️‍♀️ 30×5
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @basyjames
    @stitchincarol

DTF 🚫🍸🍷🍺🥂
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco (Dry January)
    @at (Dry until 29th)
    @stitchincarol
    @bellyblast

Onward and downward.

Day 19, NFD, Aus

Good FD yesterday and a good night’s sleep for once!! We are expecting v hot weather at the end of this week which means the nights will also be a little too warm for my liking. The air con is poised to be switched on! Please send me some of your rain @missybear.

So true, @nellen “it’s my mouth that’s hungry”!!!

Can someone explain the salt/water retention/temp weight gain phenomenon to me please? I get why salt intake would lead to water retention but why then do some people recommend having salt on a FD? [I’m a bit slow this morning – haven’t had my second cuppa yet!]

Everyone – keep posting about the benefits of counting every single calorie!! I don’t count, but all your posts are making me more mindful about “every peanut, every bite of the kid’s toast, chocolate, lick of the raw cake mix etc etc” as @lilymartin put it. I’m a ZBC member, but I give the dogs a spoon of Greek yoghurt for their breakfast, and then I lick the spoon. It’s probably only 5 calories in reality, but those small numbers soon add up. If you keep reminding me, then maybe I’ll get off my lazy mental shelf and start diligently logging incoming food.

@stitchincarol – promise ME you’ll exercise today. I know you keep your promises…

Day 19 – Western Australia – FD

Just checking in. Hope you all have a great day!

Day 19 country west Australia CD
    Yay- I LURVE my scales today!!!💞 They were very kind when I stepped on them this morning so hoping this downward trend, although small, continues.😃
    @northgeorgia – woohooo!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a great result.👏 Maybe we will eventually whoosh off the plateau together. Anyway, very well done to you. 😇
    @basyjames, I would very gladly give you some of our sun.☀️☀️ We are expecting a day of 37ºC today after 34ºC yesterday and climbing to 38/39 ºC on Friday.🥵
    We don’t have aircon as it affects me with allergy like symptoms all day when I am at work and I am concerned about what all the air conditioners might be doing to the planet ( though think I would defs have one where the temp gets as low as some of you report!) . So simply have to put up with it.😓
    More a mid 20s girl myself.
    @penz, the only reason I started counting calories was that so many of them flew under the radar for me. Seriously out of whack with what I thought I was consuming ! Those pesky little calories hide everywhere and in the most unexpected places. 😳 Hoping to wean myself off MFD in time but whenever I think I have it sorted, I plug in the figures and it’s certainly an eye opener!!😳😲😳
    Off to water the garden before the heat really sets in.
    Onward and downward

@penz I can only speak for myself, but salt definitely makes me retain water – a lot of water. One night of sushi with soy sauce – I can count on at least an extra pound the next day; mexican food with chips, etc – easily 2 pounds or more. So for me, I need to be aware of how much salt I am taking in and if it’s more than normal then I drink more water to flush it out. I would focus on drinking more water to avoid the headaches then adding salt. But that’s me.

@songbird – many thanks for your best wishes for those of us in the States. We will get through it. I am optimistic that after Wednesday things will start to get back to normal – including the National Guard leaving the Capitol. (Who would have thought I would ever be having to say those words!) thanks

Day 18 Minnesota, USA NFD

It’s about 7:50 pm, and my kitchen is now closed tight! It was a busy three day weekend for us…..extended time with family, helping out a good friend who was in need, and today running errands and completing projects with DH.

No FD since last week so I am planning a FD500 for tomorrow. Another FD500 on Thursday or, more likely, Friday.

The scales are going up and down, the same 2 kg over and over the last couple of weeks, but my insulated snow pants I wore outside sledding with Granddaughters this weekend were slipping down, whereas last week they were quite snug. So maybe progress not showing on the scale yet but soon to show up? Hopefully.

I’m behind on posts but hope to catch up tomorrow on them all. I hope everyone fasting was successful today.Good luck to all!

2nd Post

I think I should clarify, a little, if I can, the whole fluid retention, salt intake, and suggested salt intake for headache thing.
    On fast days, you automatically reduce the fluids/water that you would usually get in your foods. Foods give us a significant amount of water. Even what you might consider solid food, usually has some amount of water unless it’s dried. So, in order to make up for that lost fluid, due to fasting and reducing food, you need to drink at least 2 L of water, possibly 3L a day.

It’s very individual, and depends on your weight, body composition, muscle or fat, exercise, and what you actually eat for your FD calories.
    Some people exercise on FDs, and not only need to increase their fluid/water intake, but may need to increase salt because they have lost it through sweating. Some people eat very bland foods or only do liquid fasts, and in those cases, if you have a headache, ~You MAY find~ that a little bit of salt can help. Not a lot. And certainly not if you’re already eating salty foods. Does that make sense?

It’s just something you have to experiment with, and keep in mind it is a balancing act with liquids, exercise, what you tend to eat, and even your own kidney function. Some people are salt sensitive, and some are not. Some it may increase blood pressure, and in others not at all. You’ll learn through trial and error what works best for you and your own body during fasting. We are all different.

No one should be taking a lot of salt for headache. Certainly not more than a little on your tongue to see if that helps after a half hour or so. (1/4 tsp would be most, I’d say). And, especially if it didn’t seem to work the first time you tried it, it’s probably not the root of your problem.

Day 19, Emden Germany, NFD

@stitchincarol You’re welcome! I admire your determination to exercise, go for it. I don’t like exercise at all. Last November we brought all the exercise things we had in the basement to the charity shop and my DH uses the room as a workshop now. I only do my daily morning exercises and try to walk up and down the stairs as much as possible.

@fivetwofan5252 Thanks! That’s interesting information, I didn’t know that but I don’t know much about ketosis. I had a 6-week fasting break before I started fasting again. It was very unpleasant to be so cold. I only had it once though, on the next two FDs it didn’t happen so perhaps I didn’t go in ketosis then.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

It’s raining so heavily out there, flood warnings in place, so no morning walk for me. Instead I did a new workout which concentrates on the legs and the knees and hips that get creaky with middle age….I expect to feel sore later, but it’s good to move.

@stitchincarol…I only find exercise interesting first thing in the morning, once the day starts I either don’t have time or little inclination, and unless it’s the weekend and I can do a super long walk around my rural area, if I don’t do it in the morning then it’s not going to get done. Find the time that’s good for you. Holding your hand, you can do it.

Exercise is medicine 😀

@i-hate-lettuce oh yes, I got out into my garden Saturday and did the “tidy up”, cut back, cleaned up……and was delighted to see the crocus, daffodils and snowdrops unfurling. My crocuses should be blooming soon. There was still growth and blooms on my hollyhock but at 8 foot tall and looking raggedy I had to cut it back. Hoping it does well this year.

And I am noticing the days are getting longer again, it’s still dark when I finish work at 17.30 but there is a lingering brightness..in a few weeks it will be bright for my commute home.
    Yay, Spring is starting……birdies singing earlier in the morning, nature continues apace despite what is going on in our world.

@nellen thinking of you in DC, and hoping normalcy will resume soon.

Have a great Tuesday……how can it be the 19th already?

Day 19 UK NFD

@snowflake56
    @songbirdme

I am really sorry, it looks like I mis-explained this coldness/ketosis thing! SORRY!

I will attempt to clarify.

According to Dr Jason Fung and Megan Ramos (and the other author whose name I forget!) coldness is when your body is STRUGGLING to achieve ketosis. Once you achieve ketosis, your body then starts burning fat for fuel and you don’t feel cold any more.

To me, this explains why you might feel cold on your first few fasts after a break. It is a sign your body has forgotten how to burn fat for fuel and is therefore simply conserving energy.

Then once your body gets ‘up & running’ again (basically remembers how to make the switch to burning fat for fuel) then you stop suffering.

To me, it also explains why your body stops feeling too hungry once you get back into fasting again.

Like lots of you on this forum, I have read quite a few books on fasting, but I have to say this latest book by Dr Fung describes this most clearly.

If anyone is interested, there is another section on the difference between men fasting and women fasting. Ultimately they conclude that in the long term it all comes out in the wash, but that in the beginning, women see quicker results when they do 36-48 hour fasts. (Everyone on the Jan challenge is obvs already doing 36 hour fasts).

They do suggest that women might want to consider waiting until lunchtime to break their fast. So that is something I am going to work up to. They suggest achieving this by extending your fast in 2 hour increments (ie work towards eating at brunch-time and ultimately towards breaking the fast at lunchtime).

Day 19 – UK – FD800

Hello all. So nice to speak to peeps from all over the big wide world. If we all lose weight will the earth spin faster or slower?

Yesterday’s FD800 was good. A bit hungry but nothing too bad. I managed a short run with trippy-up dog. I need to put a GPS on the dog as I’m sure she runs twice as far as I do when we go.

In spite of lost of fasting this week I’m not expecting the scales to go down. Upping the exercise will probably mask any fat loss 😐 So I’m hoping my belly measurement will shrink… I definitely look like I’ve lost a bit of fat and my legs are heavy from running. Only time will tell I guess.

Do we have a pocket list for today.

I’ll join in if we do. 🙂

Keep fasting fellow fasters. It’s all worth it. You are all inspirational in such an honest way.

Day 19 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Had an excellent wander yesterday, met quite a few friends/neighbours en route, seems they’ve seen the weather forecast for the next 3 days as well, it’s going to be very wet!

However, wet weather = mild temperatures, so might just clean out the greenhouse ready to start sowing seeds in a few weeks time. Might need to check the Dahlia tubers stored in the garage over winter, hopefully I made a good job of drying and wrapping them and they’re ready to be potted up next month. I note the greenhouse was full to capacity by 23rd March last year, that was a week or two early, but also the 1st day of lockdown!

Hope everyone ‘over the pond’ is safe and well, worrying times with covid and the unrest. Thing seem to be moving on re the vaccine in the UK, lets hope it is all successful.

Take care all.

Day 19 UK NFD
    SECOND POST

Just checking in to say that yesterday was my best fast day ever!!

Normally on fast days I decline any activities after 1800 as I tend not to be the best company and I certainly don’t work past 1800 on FDs. Normally I just want to eat my 500 cals in the evening, watch TV and go to bed.

However last night, I wasn’t even hungry by 7pm, this is literally miraculous. I wasn’t tired and I wasn’t grouchy. At that point, I did then consider making it into a water fast day, but given my recent issues (dizziness/faintness etc) I thought that would be unwise to push it that far!

I have always thought that water fast days just weren’t within my reach, but maybe they are…..?!

Even better, I did weights before breakfast this morning and had no shakiness/dizziness etc, hooray!

Without a doubt, it was the Snake Juice that made the difference!

So on the subject of Snake Juice, I am just weighing in on the salt issue 🙂 🙂

Personally, I have been told by various doctors in the last five years that I need to increase my salt consumption, as my bloods repeatedly reveal low salt levels. One crazy doc actually told me I needed to eat more crisps! Go figure…
    (US: crisps = potato chips)

However, I am also well aware that plenty of peeps with high blood pressure have been told they need to reduce salt. Horses for courses as they say.

Dr Jason Fung (yawn I’m mentioning him again, hahaha) is a real advocate of salt. He’s even done a 45m lecture on it, it is on youtube if anyone is interested!

@johnnyr – haha re trippy dog! My dog is fine when I am just running slowly, but as soon as I start sprinting it is a DISASTER! He circles me giddily barking… I just have visions of us both ending up in a big tumbling snowball of legs, arms and paws everywhere! And I’d definitely come off worst, hahaha!

Day 19 UK – FD800
    SECOND POST

That’s really useful @fivetwofan5252 . I try and run in a fasted state sometimes and it’s usually OK but not always. I have some 0 Kcal electrolyte tabs I use post run when I’m putting in the miles and I even made my own salty version last year with lemons and Himalayan salt which was much cheaper and nicer than the tabs. But I probably haven’t been drinking enough of the stuff before I run. I’ll try this and report back.

Regarding the dog, she has nearly killed me twice. I ended up in a ditch last Autumn! Luckily there was nobody else around. The dog just looked at me like: ‘that was fun!’

Day 19 France FD800

Bonjour everyone

Yesterday’s FD800 went well and I wasn’t really hungry until 10pm so we went to bed early.
    Very nice to hear of others’ progress in their gardens and the imminent arrival of spring for those of us lucky enough to have mild climates.
    @ daffodil2020 Nice to hear about your daffodils and crocuses popping through
    @ JohnnyR. Good work with the prepping the dahlias for winter. I hope they’ve survived! What sort are they?
    Great news on the hedge project part 1. We finished cutting and clearing yesterday so that job has a big tick in the box. This morning, I pruned a couple of pear trees and a fig tree.
    I’m trying to stick with FD800 all week and then TDEE Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
    I’ll start off today’s pocket list. Please add your names, if you want to.

Pocket list
    @clemmi FD800
    @johnnyr FD800

Day 19, London, UK, FD

Catching up on posts this morning whilst sipping one of those perfect cups of coffee I’ve mentioned before!! (yes, it’s taken 4hrs to write this post!!! work is interfering in my LIFE😂!!!)

Welcome @greenbkpr 🙌!!!! Joining us is your second best decision this year, the first was picking up the 5:2 habit😂!!!

Welcome back @mogaman, I think this forum keeps us accountable. Unlike myself, many people can manage without daily posting, but I need the accountability and posting means I actually remember to fast!!!!

@daffodil2010, feeling blessed that she was vaccinated🙏, I just need to ensure everyone stays mindful around her!! I haven’t even checked the list, I expect I’m somewhere at the bottom😭!!! Fingers crossed for your dad (and for you too @ccco), it’ll be just in time for him to be able to get out in the better Spring weather for a pint!!! I truly hope we all will!!

@at, it’s absolutely his fault, no doubt he ties you down and employs a funnel!!!! That’s what I would tell everyone anyway!!! It wasn’t me!!!!

@stitchincarol, thanks for the kind words❤! Yes, you CAN do this!!!! I think if I try an ADF week I’ll go for max 500cal FDs although my fasting muscle isn’t as strong as it used to be!! I could easily do 500cal FDs at the beginning, then tried 800’s which made me hungrier somehow, then along came LFDs which worked a treat and actually weren’t too difficult as long as I kept the peppermint tea & water flowing!! Now; I seem to lack the determination to complete what I start more and more often, hence the continuous reminder to myself …………………………………… “The Way Get Started Is To Quit Talking And Begin Doing.” – Walt Disney

@songbirdme, you know we love you 💕, but please ,please, please keep that particular recipe to yourself😱!!!!!! “yeast dough around a marshmallow sounds vaguely familiar, maybe then dipped in butter and cinnamon sugar?” …………………………… Good grief, I’ve put on a whole pound just reading that😜😂😝!!!!

I really want a heatwave from down under!!! Lockdown in winter is driving me crazy, my daily walk is in fact a daily puddle swerve☔!!!

@johnnyr, I’m chuckling at your dog tilting it’s head to the side, with a look saying “Well as fun as that was, this is NOT the time for a lie down!!”

Something I snagged from another forum………………………… very apt in my case!!!!!!…………….

“several years of 5:2 have persuaded me that losing weight is not difficult, so I got too casual. Time to start again!”

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 612 total)

You must be logged in to reply.