January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,558 total)

• Happy Margo, your explanation is really helpful, thank you

Day 28 – USA – NFD
    @missybear, happy birthday!

Day 28 NFD Oregon USA

@Missybear–Happy Birthday!! 🎂🎉

@Flourbaby-great post. And I am glad that your self-sabotage test proved what you needed it to, that you really are healthier and happier with this WOL. I am so impressed with the dry Januarians so congrats on that too!

@Awilson–don’t discourage, just push the <<soggy>>reset button. That’s what it looks like here in Oregon, but do appreciate your perspective on draught @annemarilyn. Wise words when I’m grousing about the rain.

@happymargo, @debster251 thank you for sharing the 16:8 info with @lgorek. And @diana123 congrats on such great success!

@Rainbowsmile–holding your hand and pulling you along to February with the rest of us who have struggled with one thing or another this month. We’ve got this!

Went to a friend’s birthday party last night with tons of good food and drink. Know that I went over TDEE and was eating late as well so holding out for 16 hours until I eat again (still have another hour to go and drinking water to compensate).

Looking forward to February now….as January has had it’s challenges.

“Figure out what’s good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living!”

Day 28 – SW WA USA – NFD

@songbirdme – as you recover from your fundraiser, I’m recovering from the workweek & popcorn from last night. I’m in my final “full-time” teaching year plus teaching 2 evenings a week. I find I am really needing my weekends to recharge for a new week. Last night I did finally get to enjoy The Greatest Showman. I so enjoyed the music! I indulged in a whole medium popcorn & large diet pepsi. Scales up 3 lbs this morning. Hopefully that’s mostly from the sodium in the popcorn.

Happy Birthday @missybear.

@awilson – hang in there! Glad you’re still with us. As someone else mentioned, this is a place where you can, if you choose, be yourself every day; not just on the days you feel strong. We’re in this journey together!

Still keeping to no sugar for the month of January! As some of you wonder about continuing dry or to drink moderately, I’m wondering the same about sugar.

Together we are stronger!

Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes……it’s not the actual day until 5 Feb and OH’s big
    day is later in Feb so there are a few celebration dinners out over the next few weeks which is why I will need to be switching FDs about.

Today’s FD gone OK although feel peckish now but the kitchen is closed!!!

Day 29 – NFD

Yesterday’s FD did not happen but it was a CD coming in just over 1000cals – weight this morning stable 53.1kg

Out for the day to see an exhibition at the National Gallery with my niece and then a lovely lunch out somewhere nice and do a bit of retail therapy no doubt!!!!!!!!

At least the weather forecast is for it to be cooler than yesterday but likely to get some rain too!

Will check in for the last day of this January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – Keep the faith – This WOL works 😀

Day 28 UK NFD

I’ve been doing 5:2 with 2xFD & 4xCD all month so decided to make today into a Feast Day for balance! Long day out so took picnic for late lunch so was able to resist all the cake & flapjack goodies at teatime. Which of course left room for the post-service prosecco, and a bag of sweets for the train – as well as a takeaway salad. Came in just under 1900 calories altogether, which feels pretty controlled for a Feast Day.

@flourbaby i found your post so helpful, thank you. Binging is a brave word. I can identify with the consumption of food as a drug to mollify or medicate something in ourselves. It’s also similar to an experience I had when stopping smoking. Just under a week after quitting smoking for the first time ever, without aids but with the support of an online forum like this one. A little way in I found a packet of cigarettes my mother had left behind in my house. I had that sense of “wow, how lucky am I? I get to do this!” I lit a cigarette, inhaled deeply and felt the familiar rush – immediately followed by a sense of observation, disappointment and illness. I couldn’t believe what I was doing or how on earth I had ever thought it was a helpful thing. Once we know, we can’t un-know.

Day 29 – Japan – FD 84.8kg

While I don’t believe the calorie restriction is the only weight loss factor, or even that fasting is just calorie restriction, calories are a factor. If one way over eats a lot, weight will be gained. How much depends on a lot of factors. Calorie math is largely bogus, but at least can give a good general idea of what direction the weight will go. In some people at least for some time the calorie math pretty much works, that tends to give it some legitimacy, more that it deserves.

While fasting I’ve been watching a lot episodes of “Super Skinny vs Super Fat” and the cure is always just getting people to eat sensibly. What is interesting is the numbers if you choose do some math. For example a 19 year old at 28 stones eating 6000 calories a day then cutting back to 2400 calories and losing one stone in 9 weeks. That pretty well tracks. However an older man weighing 22 stones eating the same horrific 6000 calories for a longer periods, cuts down to 3000 calories and losses 2 stones in about 8 weeks. See the impacts of the diet are radically different. It is also interesting that the underweight people rarely gain as much as they should. Calories are a factor but there are a lot of other factors.

The power of fasting addresses many of the other factors. In my own case it has moved my set point if you will so my weight is bouncing around 83kg +/- 2kg vs the mid 90’s it was less than two years ago. I probably will push it lower too, but I’ve been concerned about building back lean body mass. Four years of calorie restriction before that and help convert too much lean body mass to fat. Not really a desirable outcome.

In my own case I know the refined sugar calories are extremely damaging to my weight. I still allow myself some because I like it and it is too hard to 100% avoid, still those are the worst calories for me. My body seem largely fine with many other carbs like potatoes and white rice but those are highly impactful to others. Super calorie dense foods like nuts and cheese seem to only have modest impacts on me, at best. It is hard to eat 1000 calories of cheese but I sure have done that with nuts a few times. I’m at a point where all calories are not equal.

A couple decades ago the calorie math mostly worked for me. It was easier then since calorie counting is pretty easy. I was a move more eat less zealot.

Day 27 Sarasota, Florida FD
    Day 28 CD Yesterday was the FD but today was when I had a meatless dinner. I stuffed a sweet potato with black beans, salsa, shredded cheese, and a dollop of sour cream. I’m having to make up for those burgers 3 days this week! That’s not happening again!

2nd post

Made it until 3:00 pm so it was 17 hour fasting, yeah! 😊

And was able to enjoy some homemade pizza thanks to @lindasue and the wonderful recommendation for pizza crusts!! I just love them. Super thin (calorie saving and delicious) Had almost 1/2 of the pizza for less than 350 calories.
    If I can simply behave for the rest of the night it should turn into a nice and unexpected CD.

I have been facing constipation again on day after FD’s and read something that I wasn’t really connecting. When you have restricted calories, you are also getting less water from food–which affects hydration, which can worsen constipation. I use fiber in my coffee every day, but beyond drowning dragons must remember to get more water to offset the water that I’m NOT getting from food on FD’s.

Day 29, NSW Australia, NFD
    Hi everyone
    Survived my first water fast yesterday, now 78.1kg – hopefully will meet my January challenge of 78kg, but won’t beat myself up if not successful as I’ve enjoyed each moment – fingers crossed.
    Enjoy your Monday and bye for now!

@annemarilyn – So glad to hear you enjoyed “The Greatest Showman” as much as I did. Some of my respected theater and music friends thought Zac Ephron’s part didn’t have much dynamic changes for his acting. I was just so glad to hear him sing again. Have you seen any of the clips of rehearsals? Terrific as well. I’ve appreciated Hugh Jackman for many years. The composers, Pasek and Paul, began at the University of Michigan when our youngest daughter was a junior there — she acted as an ambassador to them and the musical theater program. So we’ve been watching them for about 10 years.
    https://www.facebook.com/GreatestShowman/videos/1571038469630436/
    https://www.facebook.com/GreatestShowman/videos/1575778802489736/

Oh, and yes, it generally takes 2 days for my salted popcorn to release the fluid retention! 🙂

Day 29, Norway, FD

A much needed FD after a “typical” weekend 🙁

Norway, Day 29, FD

I had two FDs last week, will have the same this week. I struggle with planning well enough, so that I don’t get too tempted in the evening. And I am not good enough at drinking water on my FDs. But I will try harder today!

have a good last few days in January folks! =D

Day 29, UK, FD (2nd day of B2B)
    74.6 kg. Water retention, I hate you! Still, this is the 3rd lowest weight on the journey and still below Dec 1st (which was my original January goal). I’m throwing in a B2B to try to get back below my low point, but fear my revised January goal will be missed.

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Woah, yesterday was a full on, don’t give a darn, stuff my face day. I am now tired and hungover and have to be in work in a few minutes. I felt a bit blue yesterday, perhaps post holiday blues, and set about consuming Guinness, cheese, crackers, crisps, with gusto with my DH as we made plans for future travel.

Ah, it was great, but why on a Sunday night 😳

Right, it’s an FD today, let’s do this.

2nd post –

Even though my weight is a little higher lately, I was really happy with how my upper body looks in the mirror. My legs never have been much of an issue, a byproduct of running, biking and swimming. My middle could in improve though! It isn’t horrible but it looks soft.

Fast is going well, I’m toying with the idea of trying some 3:4 weeks as I will soon miss some fasting while traveling. That is my choice, I just like having to deal with finding bathrooms so often. That is a side effect of fasting for me.

Day 29 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    B2B FD out Wednesday night football beer curry could get messy ☹.

Day 29 – Hampshire, UK – FD

I made it through the first week woohoo – I know that I am more likely to stick until I get my target now.

Friday FD was hard, I was very hungry which is probably as a result of my interval training session on Thursday, my stomach was rumbling but I stuck to it, drank tea and water to keep me going and felt super proud when I woke up Saturday morning.

Saturday and Sunday were partially CD/partially NFD – I only managed two meals on both days, mainly due to not actually being hungry but I ate what I wanted – I think I didn’t go overboard with the calories.

Weight this morning was 74kg, 1kg up on Saturday morning but that time of the month has also arrived – it tends to play with my weight for the week so Im not so concerned, I the scales will adjust by the end of the week. I measured my waist and I’ve lost 1.5 inches, I also look much slimmer, getting lots of complements from the husband already 🙂

as long as I’m back near the 73kg by Wednesday, I’ve done my jan target 🙂

Starting today’s pocket list:
    @dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox

Day 29 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Miserable wet and windy weather today, another day when I’m fighting the urge to hibernate 🐻 unlikely to get out for a walk so today’s exercise will have to be household chores.

Planning to keep NFDs well within TDEE for the next couple of weeks to balance out more dining out than usual.

Good lunck for a successful day slaying those 🐉🐲

Day 29 Sunny Belfast FD

Despite my indulgences the scales are quite kind. Am planning my veggie patch for this year. Darling pup has discovered that she can dig it up more easily than the flower beds and create a ‘snow storm’ of compost so OH is challenged with putting netting over it.

@flourbaby – I really related to your post. I don’t think there is a cure. After having read the ‘Alcohol explained’ book, like @coda, I can relate the theory to my relationship with sugar. It’s that packet of wine gums syndrome. Once the (even large) packet is open, I have to finish them, even though half way through I think to myself I should stop because I’m not enjoying them. The only cure for that is not to buy the packet in the first place, which I can do until that dragon comes out to play. ☹️
    @daffodil2010 where will your next travelogue come from?
    @missybear I think you’ve got last our last night’s weather. The garden is totally soggy.

Thanks xerox for starting today’s pocket list:
    @dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251

Lets’s have a final push for the end of the month. Keep your eyes on the prize!

3rd post!

Ha! @debster251, I think your scale took my scale’s kindness!

I just had kind of a rough 90 minutes where I was feeling more hunger than I’m used too. However it finally settled down and I’ll probably finish the fast fine. I was almost to the point of deciding my body really wanted to break the fast when thing started getting better.

Hang in there fellow pocketeers!

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251

Day 29, London, UK, NFD (CD)

Another NFD, but controlled, then back on the B2B2B wagon tomorrow once I’m back at work. I NEED a FD!!!!

@michelinme, it’s weird that that level of self-awareness comes as such a surprise!!! Maybe I’ve been living life with blinkers on (in relation to certain things!) When I quit smoking I KNEW just one cigarette would start my addiction again, although I don’t feel the same about food, after-all I do HAVE to eat to live, I’m still figuring out why I keep testing myself, as @bigviking said I seem to have ‘veered from one pizza & wine pile-up to the next’!!! This time without the wine though – this is a small victory!!!

@debster251, too true!!! Once the packet of biscuits, popcorn, crisps and YES wine gums has been opened, there’s no stopping me, I just want to get rid of them and God forbid I actually consider putting them in the bin!!!!! My mum might open a packet of something she likes, and end up keeping it for weeks, just treating herself to a nibble every now and then ………………… I’m always dumbfounded; I just don’t get it!!!!

Still sitting on the plateau, not surprising since the last week has been a bit disorganized foodwise, February WILL be better, I can’t wait!!!!

Day 29 UK FD

Slept heavily & woke really tired with headache after yesterday. Only one glass of prosecco and a bag of chewy sweets, but didn’t neither of those make me feel good and I certainly didn’t drink enough water during the day. Amazing how much more water I need to drink since reducing my calorie intake to below TDEE, let alone on FDs

Coming to the end of the month and need to keep my motivation to see it through to the end. I’ve got a parallel problem with project that I’ve been firefighting for the last 3 weeks. This next couple of days is the last push to get it ready but I’m tired & have run out of energy & motivation. Gotta find it from somewhere, somehow. Pushing onwards when weary and having lost sight of the goal can be the hardest thing of all.

Today’s Fasting Pocket list

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme

Day 29 USA – NFD

Keeping busy, weight holding right at maintenance. Recuperated well yesterday from the fundraiser, feeling fine this morning. Tonight is our choral society social where we “graze” around a snack table at the end of rehearsal. I will save calories from the rest of my day for that.

Onward and downward.

Hi all day 29 FD NI

I’m attempting a water fast with a few cups of coffee thrown in for good measure. I need to do something to make a dent in the weight gain. So true that saying about wishing you were now where you were then – nothing else for it but to begin the trek back to where I had been. I am also not trying to do another 3 day fast as I did before as that just seemed to mess me up as well. Not sure if it was a mind thing – oh you have been so good for 3 days, you deserve a treat and then all hell breaks loose.

Had a lovely time away with Dad – we shared a bottle of wine on Friday and just talked and reminisced. Saturday we called with old friends of his that he hadn’t seen in a few years another friend was out but we had called on a spur of the moment but we have arranged to call again next week.

@flourbaby – my dad is like that, he can have chocolates open for weeks taking one every now and then whereas my mum was too afraid to drink alcohol (she was glad she never liked the taste) as she knew what she was like regarding sweets, no control whatsoever and unfortunately I take after her. I now firmly believe some have a sensitivity to sugar the way some can have a sensitivity to alcohol? I think I was always like this – I remember when going to friends birthday parties as a child I was the champion banana sandwich eater – I could eat and eat – the white bread banana sandwiches (probably with a sprinkling of sugar) and there was no off switch – they would run out of bananas before I would stop. My Dad finds it hard to understand why I feel the need to finish a bag of sweets – only out of politeness do I stop at times lol. Each Christmas it is the same story the chocolates and sweet foods that are in abundance plays havoc – I seem to be getting in under control when Easter hits. Is the answer really the same as an alcoholic and to abstain? Will I ever be able to have just a little? Is it the continuous bombardment over the Christmas period that does the damage? How do I learn to cope?

I was reading something recently about Dr Gundry – tho they were trying to sell a supplement at the end of it all to override the damage that Lectin can do to the gut and can play havoc with the off switch. Tho not all Lectin’s are bad. He also has a book called The Diet Evolution Turn off the Genes and The plant Paradox – has anyone read these? Not sure if I want to rush out and buy another diet book but I do feel there is still a missing piece of the puzzle – the body is such a complicated piece of equipment – there has to be something as to why I can go ‘good’ for weeks and then suddenly I would bite your hand off for a piece of cake – the mood changes, tiredness and so the circle begins – Even though I could feel my clothes tighter I could not seem to stop – its not just not having no self control – there has to be something I am missing. Is it having the right balance of gut bacteria – the sugar, does that destroy it and lead to the bad stuff getting into the blood stream? Sorry for the ramble but I know its not just me so I would love to hear your thoughts. In the meantime good lunck everyone.

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda

@mjrbcd44 these are for you for taking care of us during January – thank you
    https://kenyastockholm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/flowers.jpg

Day 29 Akron OH FD

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames

Second post
    Enjoying warm (ish) sunshine and a lovely puppy walk in the forest. My washing’s even dried outside!
    @coda good to see you back and thanks for the title suggestions.
    I’ve just downloaded the ‘Lectin, ’ title @ £2.31 for the kindle edition, I agree about another diet book but the title took my fancy. I suffer stomach discomfort from acid daily and take industrial strength meds, which I’m trying to get off or cut right down. The subtitle to this was ‘ the protein causing inflammation …’ so you never know. I’ll report back!

Together we are atronger💪💪💪💪

Day 29 – USA – NFD

Day 29 FD Oregon USA

Well this will be interesting. I did manage a CD yesterday and woke up HUNGRY this morning on a FD!! Noooooo!

Took straight to warm water with lemon and hoping it quells that. Making coffee and adding myself to the pocketeers today.

Thank you @coda for the lovely flowers. 😊🌷

It has been my pleasure to host. So small an investment for such large return!!

<<Pocket list for Monday>>

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @mjrbcd44

Day 29, Rocky Mountains, FD 800 cals

Day 29, Gozo, Malta, cd

Yesterday I ate lots of sweet things and they made me feel a bit sick. I’m getting used to not eating so much sugar.

This morning I weighed at 67.6 kilos. This evening I have a get together with food shared during our weekly Eucharistic meeting. So a fast day was out of question.

Coda I do what you do too and can be good for days and then slip into old snacking habits. I would like to have better habits for good with this WOL. Keep on going on.

Have a great Monday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Hi @coda I’m a sugar junkie from childhood just like you – for me a taste of sugary foods leads to a binge, I’ve eaten whole cakes, packets of biscuits and boxes of chocolates in one sitting, once opened it just keeps calling me until it has all gone and I feel 🤢. Since starting the Blood Sugar Diet last July my craving for sugar has virtually gone, but yes, I have had to cut it right out of my diet but I really don’t mind that now because its so liberating to not feel that mad sugar craving followed by wild sugar rush then sugar low leaving me feeling ill and depressed. I still enjoy red wine and even an occasional square of Lindt 90% cocoa chocolate (so strong I couldn’t manage more). I think the type of food in the BSD has rebalanced something, don’t know whether it’s hormones or just blood sugar levels (I’m not diabetic) but I feel good, food satisfies me and for the first time in forever I feel like I have my appetite and cravings under control…….and I’m almost at maintenance weight. For me sugar is a bad drug that I can only control by abstinence and life is so much better without it 😊

DAY 29 – Cardiff UK – FD
    January Starting weight : 152.9lbs
    January Goal Weight : 148.0lbs – REVISED TO 145.0LBS – REVISED TO 142.9lbs
    Todays Weight : 144.6lbs

Saw my revised, revised target on Saturday but as usual the weight has bounced up after the weekend, but with 2 more FD before my weigh in on 1st Feb I should get to target.

Sorry not been around, have read all the posts but not feeling too sociable.

Hope everyone’s having a good Monday.

Day 29 – SW WA USA – FD

Ready for the FD. So will add to the list.

<<Pocket list for Monday>>

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn

@songbirdme – thank you for the links to hear some of the back story of The Greatest Showman. Totally enjoying them!

@coda – and others, regarding sugar. I’m sticking to no sugar through January and am wondering about the long haul. I’ve heard sugar is addicting but there must be other pieces to the puzzle. If it was totally “bad”, wouldn’t Dr. M have kept it out of the 5:2? What is a sustainable WOL? Right now, I’m substituting stevia, xylitol etc on some “goodies” I make. I’ve got questions too.

Have a great day friends around the world!

Day 29 – Iceland – FD (2nd of B2B2B)

Just checking in – so many great posts today!

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn
    @borealis

Coda and debster251, I’ve read and applied the info gained from the plant paradox. For me inflammation caused by lectins in plants and some animal products is very real.

It’s not necessary to take any supplements although there are some good ones. It’s all about eliminating, minimizing or in the case of beans properly preparing foods to remove the worst lectins from your diet.

For me the key removals are any cow dairy (casein protein), grains (especially whole grains as the bran has really nasty lectins) and any fruit not vine ripened. I rarely eat legumes so that was not a change for me.

I feel much better, no joint aches, no cravings and I’m at my lowest BF% ever.

Highly recommended.

Day 29 – Colorado USA – FD

@lindasue – thanks for the link on that fasting documentary. The guy had a good sense of humor & it entertained me while walking on my treadmill. It also gave me a mental boost… If this guy could Fast for 55 days with only Smart Water (for electrolytes) surely I can manage several days per week!

@daffodil2010 – it’s always tough getting back into work routine after holidays. Thank you for keeping us posted on your adventures. Can’t wait to hear your next plans!

@songbirdme – so glad to hear your fundraiser was such a success. For someone who’s retired you sure work hard! 😃 I hope I’ll be able to stay as active & engaged when I get there too… You make it sound fun!

@coda – so sorry to hear of your struggles, but so many of us can relate to what you’re going thru.

Re: Sugar, when I used to eat it regularly and in large quantities, I so clearly can recall the “rush” of comfort or relaxation! OH & I would finish dinner then we’d eat some sugar-heavy dessert in front of the TV each evening, usually something with the double-whammy of sugar + fat such as ice cream.

I could literally feel it “kick in.” I’d have an incredible “Aaaaah“ feeling and rest my head back on the cushions with a heavy audible sigh, indulging in a soft calm buzzy feeling in my head. It was especially appreciated after a hard work day.
    I’d ask my OH if he could feel it too. He’d just look at me and ask,” What on earth are you talking about?” So it obviously didn’t hit him the same way. Apparently for some people, sugar links up to the same receptors as opioids.

Having such an extreme reaction to *just SUGAR* could not be healthy. Honestly, it kind of frightened me a bit. I KNEW I HAD to stop it completely. It hasn’t been a quick or bump-free road, but I’m now solidly in the Sugar Slayers camp! 🐉 🐲 🗡

And the good news, for those wondering?
    Yes, I can now select occasional indulgences with sugar & stay firmly in control. For instance, I never bring ice cream into our house, but allow it only when on vacation. So just a couple times each year. However, the last 2 times I ate ice cream, it sent me running to the nearest Ladies Room just a few minutes after ingesting. So I’m cured of ever wanting that again! 😝

On our last trip to Florida 2 weeks ago, since my old vice of ice cream was out, I bought one large bakery apple fritter to enjoy. I was so pleased that I did not feel compelled to demolish the entire fritter in one sitting. I was able to pace myself & only have small bites each night as a taste of desert. I even shared some with OH. On our final day, before getting on the plane, rather than cramming the remainder in my mouth, I confidently threw the rest of that sugary vacation treat into the bin.
    Shocker!! That one apple fritter lasted 4 days, with some still leftover for the trash.

So, yes, it is possible! You can some day have firm control over how much & how often you allow a treat. Without polishing it all off in a single sitting. However, I still find it best to have my home as a safe harbor…my temptations do not cross the threshold!

Oh my goodness, that last post was LONG.
    But I’ve fought that Sugar Dragon duel over the years & have successfully stayed it, of which I am so very grateful … and wanted to offer a glimmer of hope to others who may be struggling.
    It is possible to get under control.

Just keep your home as a safe harbor. Don’t invite the dragon in.

We all have a story that helps. We all need a place for support & advice. And together we are stronger!

Day 29, UK, FD

My FD is going well, so far so good. I was hungry earlier but I’m past the hunger stage and now I’m fine. Water helps.
    So many people love chocolate and sugar because sugar IS addictive. Its also bad for us, and not just weight wise. I read the book Deep Nutrition: Why Your Genes Need Traditional Food by Catherine Shanahan and it rung true for me. It talks about sugar, as well as vegetable oil effect on us.
    I replaced chocolate with dark chocolate, at least 90% cocoa, and it really works for me. Only sometimes I go a bit ott with it but not often, because it satisfies the craving but at the same time you can’t eat huge amounts of it.

Adding myself to pocket list:

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn
    @borealis
    @shinything

Only few days left in January, hang in there people 🤗

Day 29 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Looking for a CD today!!

@happymargo, @bellyblast, @annemarilyn, & @mjrbcd44 – Thank you for the kind words, it means a lot to me.

2nd post – so far so good, 2 cups of coffee and numerous glasses of water not quite 1.5 litres but far better than I have been.

Thank you @happymargo, @diverdog and @missybear – its nice to confirm I am not alone and others have overcome it. @debster251 let me know what you think of that book and any pearls of wisdom you may find.

@awilson and @flourbaby holding hands together will see us through this bad patch. I faced the scales this morning and while I don’t usually weigh on the day after the weekend I felt strong enough to take note of what they said and determined to do better. It is what it is and I’m slowly making my way along the snakes and ladders board once more. We all fall down but it is getting up and continuing which is what will get us to our goal.

Day 29, Germany, FD
    Today’s FD wasn’t very good. Well, could have been worse… I will throw in another FD on Wednesday, right before February 1st 😉
    Nothing more to eat today!!!

2nd post
    My extra challenge for February will be TO NOT FINISH LEFTOVERS FROM MY KIDS!!! I’m afraid it will break my heart to give them to the garbage but who knows – I might survive it and learn from it!
    Just for this short month of February… After that I can go back to cleaning up plates and boxes if I still feel like it! 🙈🙈🙈
    Maybe anyone from the clean plate club would like to join me in this kind of challenge 😏

Why do you see yourself as garbage? You are worth more. Cook less.

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @borealis
    @emma-taylor

Bit late to put my name down for today. Was struggling on my silly phone ( not silly me, note).
    Good luck everybody for today. H

Day 28 WFD
    Las Vegas NV

Finishing the month strong. Solid UB weight workout yesterday. Eating was a bit liberal but that’s what I’m shooting for on days that I exercise intensely. I do feel a bit guilty though.

Water fast today and I’ll ride the bike gently for 30 minutes to burn off glycogen and get the blood flowing.

Hello everyone!

My first FD. I am doing ok-ish. I managed not to eat until 18.00, which is much later than the usual 16.00. First achievement! Then I had a cuppa and only tiny, minute, microscopic biscotti.

Now I am trying to write to you so I don’t have to focus on FOOD!

I am trying really hard. I can’t stop my brain planning tomorrow’s dinner – which isn’t helping to stay focused.

Anyhow, day one FD at 67.1 Kg. The idea is to loose 0.5kg every week. I hope that is realistic….

Day 29 North Wales FD

Adding myself to pocket list:

@dykask
    @mogaman
    @maayyaa
    @mari84
    @bigviking
    @daffodil2010
    @steve toon taxi driver
    @xrox
    @debster251
    @michelinme
    @coda
    @basyjames
    @mjrbcd44
    @annemarilyn
    @borealis
    @shinything
    @emma-taylor

Only few days left in January, hang in there people 🤗

Viewing 50 posts - 1,401 through 1,450 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.