January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,558 total)

• Day 15 Wales FD

Internet connection restored and fasting today. The hunger dragon is growling more than usual today, maybe because I’m on steroids, I will just keep drowning him with water! Thinking of all my fellow Monday fasters doing this with me – it helps.

Day 15 – SW WA USA – FD

** Pocket List Fast for today Day 15**
    @mjrbcd44
    @borealis
    @molij
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @kerryn73
    @maayyaa
    @califdreamer
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn

Yes, ready for a FD after enjoying more feasting on the Ocean getaway. @mjrbcd44 it was so balmy & delightful & in the middle of January. We were in Bandon, OR. My first time in that area. Had a wonderful time. So good to breathe deeply & listen as well as watch the waves crash and the seals frolic.

Glad we’re together on this 5:2 journey! Want to check out the youtube video later @strawberriesandcream.

Day 15 Preston uk FD

Another good FD so far for both me and my hubby. Just about to go on a 5k run ( in the rain) 🙀 while he hopefully creates us a delicious 500/600 kcal meal.
    Hope everyone is having a good day and good luck for the rest of the week.

Second post

@md52 – never too late to join 🙂 And hopefully there will be a new challenge next month. They have kept this challenge going since 2016 I believe 🙂

Thanks for feedback. Had to check in here tonight to find some more inspiration. A good FD so far. Maybe i should go back to what worked for my first 10kg, Mondays and Thursdays. The reason I all of the sudden fell of the Thursday wagon was that it always landed on a Thursday when my colleagues wanted to go out to eat indian food 🙂 and then Christmas came…so probably my body likes the FDs a little bit further apart than B2B. FD today and plan for Thursday this week.
    Im an OMAD FD´r. Im shocked for tonight, not even watching TV, just sitting here cruising online…(too much sparetime now that im done with all seasons of SOA 🙂 Not craving anything. I will last until at least lunchtime tomorrow, but probably dinnertime.

Have a good evening onwards everyone.

Day 15 – Massachusetts – FD

A weekend of indulgence and I’m back up the 2 pounds water I lost last week. Seem to be stuck around this weight, but it’s ok. Today is another day! First day back at the gym, was able to get in some easy cardio no problem. I’m still coughing from the bronchitis occasionally though.

It’s very cold here today with a terrible windchill. We even had a light dusting of snow this morning. I feel like I have whiplash, on Friday it was 60F and now it is 15F. I made some yummy seafood soup yesterday and I can’t wait to go home and eat it for dinner!

Adding myself to the pocket list. Stay warm everyone!

** Pocket List Fast for today Day 15**
    @mjrbcd44
    @borealis
    @molij
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @kerryn73
    @maayyaa
    @califdreamer
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn
    @leggit

Las Vegas NV
    Day 15 NFD

Back from my 7 day cruise up 2.8 lbs to 163.8. I was quite conservative with my eating, staying away from the buffett and enjoying the fine dining restaurants. However I did eat a lot of my forbidden foods IE bread and ice cream. I’m paying for it with sore knees and AC joint. No doubt that inflammation is real for me.

Yesterday was a travel day home and I made it my first WFD of the month. It’s time to start my 2018 resolution to get in 4 workouts a week so It’s off to the gym today to start easing back into weight lifting.

Day 15, UK, FD

Happy with my FD so far. My scales did show a slight loss few days ago, but my clothes fit the same. Puzzled 🤔. I’m inclined to trust my clothes more than my scales. All I can do is carry on doing what I’m doing and it will happen 🙂

Thanks @bigviking , my cough is a bit better today, I hope you don’t get it, its very annoying.

@daffodil2010 can’t wait for your report on Machu Pichu 😀

Keep going everyone, we can do this! 😊

Day 14,South Wales, fd
    Apologies for not posting – felled by the flu! Hopefully resulted in a few extra pounds gone…

Day 15, Germany, FD

Day 15 McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Day 14
    Day 13
    Day 12
    I have been away from the forum for a several days with my head buried in the sand.
    @flourbaby – I tried the Blender Challenge and just couldn’t hack the shakes. 😐 It derailed me a bit so I’ve decided to go back to my writing out my daily plan and sticking to it. Your “rant” reflects my feelings too. Thank you!!
    @daffodil2010 – I’m avidly reading your posts and trying to visualize Peru. I heard about an earthquake in Peru this morning and hoping you are okay.

Day 15 Fuertaventura NFD

Home tomorrow so FD planned.

I so enjoy the luxury of time to read whilst on hols (and not feel guilty!!)…

@michelinme…. From all the articles I’ve read over the past two weeks your joint pain may be associated with healing as a result of the growth hormone produced during IF repairing areas of the body. I would ‘go with the flow’ as others have suggested… It’s early days just see what works for you.

Day 16/16:8 CD/Melbourne Australia

Yesterday’s fast was a fizzer. Stressful day followed by a rare headache. Food needed so ended up being a 16:8 CD. Today will be similar minus the stress (ongoing saga following car accident in November. All sorted 🙂).

Haven’t had a chance to catch up. Hope everyone is on course for a successful January.

Day 15 FD Oregon USA

Thanks to all my fellow pocket fasters!!
    Mondays are amazing to me now–it feels like my body almost expects to fast?
    After the weekend, it feels good to just take food decisions out of the equation. 😊

@bert1802 thanks for your words on how getting through sadness isn’t made easier with food. It’s a work in progress for me for sure.
    @basyjames–good to know that you struggled with overdoing on NFD’s when you started. It gives me hope.

Welcome back @diverdog! Seems like you had a great time and reasonable eating. Sorry about the inflammation.

@flourbaby–I’m with you…no more faffing about!

@awilson grab our hands and pull your head out of the sand. 😉 You’ve got this. 💪🏼

@MD52–never too late to join and I surely hope we have a February challenge. I’m sure someone will step up to host and as @maayaa said, it’s been going on since 2016 thanks to @coda and I know many of us are counting on it!

Well I’m only battling a little coldness today, so that is good. Planning on my OMAD for dinner then the kitchen will be closed. **Cue electric fence**👍🏻

“Figure out what’s good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living.”

Hello all, I have been fasting with intent since the start of Jan. I have really been trying to return to fasting for months but kept falling off the wagon! Just couldn’t focus. It’s been better this time. I’ve lost weight twice in the past doing 5:2 and also once doing MMosley’s Blood Sugar diet. The latter weight loss was rapid. On this occasion the scales aren’t going down by much as yet, but my clothes are definitely looser. I bought myself a Fitbit Charge 2 in the sales and that’s really motivated me to get moving. On this occasion I would like to lose approximately 1.5 stone, more if I can, but that will be great to start with. I always struggle to eat to my TDEE on none fast days so to ofset this, I generally eat less calories Mon-Thurs which includes 2 full fasts then 2 days of only lunch and dinner and minimal starchy carbs and then (within reason) I eat what I fancy Fri-Sun. I’ve realised that for sustainability, I have to have off time when I’m not thinking about weight loss. I’m creating quite a few fasting periods and creating the calorie deficit required. Plus I exercise. Does anyone else do anything like this? Thanks

Ahhh, can I join too?! I know half the month’s gone, but I’d like to be part of this challenge to keep my head in the game. 🙂

Day 15, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFD

Hello everybody, off work today due to record breaking cold and blizzard snow !

Yep, it is something else. Beautiful to look at but I don’t know how people could live with this weather for more than a day or two at a time. It is going to be sixty in a couple of days and I will be happy.

Today would have been the first of three fast days at work but will make it Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday instead. Ate more than I should have the past five days but did keep up the exercise, planks, green tea and water.

Will be glad to be back on track tomorrow.

Off to read and catch up.

To your health, all.

Day 15 2nd post

@abfab5 welcome back and have added you to the spreadsheet!
    @md52 added you as well.
    @timetochange I went ahead and added you too but just ignore if you don’t want to be on there. 😊

Here’s the link for anyone who needs it again!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QwPrjy2fIZCo5ds0mMMmyQPk5xdFnZ3V52ZWuiyiucA/edit?usp=sharing

Fantastic, thanks so much 😁😁😁 x

Day 16, Finland, ending FD and going into NFD

My night shift was not as busy as expected so it has been an extremely difficult FD. I have stuck within the calorie count but only just. I have tried a cricket protein bar….yes made with crickets! If you didn’t read the packaging you wouldn’t think it was any different to normal protein bars.

Hope everyone on else on the pocket list had a successful day. Off to bed now.

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 16, NFD/CD, Norway

Successfull FD yesterday. Down 0.9grams.

Day 16, NSW Australia, NFD
    Just checking in

Day 16, Cornwall UK, NFD
    Still here. Had a good fast day yesterday and i am experimenting with extending it to lunchtime, turning a normal 36hr fast into a 42hr fast. It worked well on my last fast day (easier than a B2B – not achieved that yet), but this time i need to do my 2 hour yoga class in a fasted state – this will be a first. Having read a lot about fasting I am expecting to be an energy-charged yogi, and not a dizzy, sweaty, heap on the floor.

My personal plank challenge is going well now. A tiny commitment of time really – just a few minutes a day – for a big gain. I was worried I’d hurt my back doing Planks without warming up, so I run crazily on the spot for 1 minute and do a few stretches first and no injuries so far. Today, I will attempt the side plank again – it is quite difficult for a yoga newby – I fell over yesterday at the first attempt but I feel an improvement is possible!

Day 16. UK 73.8kg.
    0.4kg lost last week, which isn’t surprising as I only had one decent FD and had a weekend of over indulgence. Never mind, lesson learnt. Planning on 2 x FD and 1 or 2 CD this week to get me back into the swing of things.
    Onwards and downwards people 😀

hello guys please add me to this challenge,tomorrow i will start my fasting day

Day 16, UK, FD
    76.2 kg. Still feeling rough and I’ve got to go travelling for work again for the rest of the week.

Day 15/16 but really only 1 &
    day 1 FD. London UK
    After falling over just over a week ago I haven’t been able to start this WOL. Still having dizziness and unable to exercise but need get control of the eating.
    Probably going to try a FD again today as slightly over calories yesterday.
    Keep going everyone

Day 16 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.
    Good first day of the week yesterday need to carry it on for the entire week.

Day 16, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B)

1st FFD – Faff Free Day !!!!

Thanks for the support guys, sometimes a good rant is all I need and sometimes I just need a successful FD!!!! My mood seems to alter dramatically, at the moment, depending on whether I’m on a FD or not, I think it must be part mental, part physical ………… more research required!

Congrats on the new home @basyjames, I’m STILL saving for my dream home, …………………… mainly because it’s on a private island in the Bahamas!!!!! I did say dream!!!

@michelinme, I really want to break the -40lb barrier, I get close then rebound, but I DO know it’s just a number and in actuality ………………….. I HAVE COME SO FAR!!! Reality check required!!!!

@kerryn73, I’m not sure I’m ready for it yet, but crickets and suchlike are our protein source of the future!!!!

@cornish-jane, try the side plank with your back to the wall and gradually you’ll need that support less and less!!!

@Oh no nearly 5 0, a loss is a loss is a loss …………………celebrate!!!!!! But not with cake, chocolate or wine as usual ……………….or is that just me!!!!!

I need a clothes shopping trip soon, just to boost my self-esteem a bit. Originally a size 18 (reality), size 20 (hiding/camouflage size) I’m now comfortably a size 14 but some 12’s & even a couple of 10’s have found their way into my wardrobe (they fit but a little more wriggle (or wiggle!!) room would be perfect) The whole – ‘Off the shelf’/ ‘any shop’ shopping is great for motivation.

Stay strong everyone, I hope there’s some serious dragon drowning planned today!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Day 16 A snowy Belfast NFD

Day 16. Rome. NFD
    Just a quick note to say hi to everybody and especially the dry Januaryians. Not much fasting going on in Rome ( obviously, that would be silly…) but we are having two meals a day and I’m swerving the Campari and red wine. It’s a pain paying 6 (!!!!) euros for AF beer but the alternative is drinking alcohol, which is a much more expensive proposition, and not just financially. Don’t seem to be putting on any weight, so somethings working. Best wishes all. Onwards and downwards. H

Day 16, Newcastle UK, FD

So yesterday was a controlled day in the end. Between BMR and TDEE. Going for a FD today although I already know it will be the 800 calorie variety. Got my pre-roasted cauliflower steaks out of the freezer and planning something adventurous with tomatoes and haloumi. I did make the low carb very moist lemon cake in my slow cooker on Sunday (a winner!). A slice of that with some greek yogurt for dessert. Liquids until then.

Did anyone see ‘How to Lose Weight Well’ last night on Channel 4? Great experiment showing the effect of water retention on day to day weight fluctuations. Not sure how our non UK friends might find it.

@flourbaby – you’re going to be in the perfect place to enjoy a delicious mediterranean diet for a week. You can do it ……. Sorry to hear your Mum has Alzheimer’s, I must have missed that along the way or perhaps you haven’t mentioned it before. I can empathise having looked after my lovely MIL through hers. xx
    Good to hear you had a lovely time at the seaside @annemarilyn.
    Great progress @joblot44 – how was your meal prepared by OH?
    @leggit – we are bracing ourselves for the arctic conditions that are arriving in the UK this week. More chaos as we never seem to be prepared for it…
    Welcome home @diverdog – a good result all in all with that little increase no doubt being dispatched quickly. We are now counting down the days until our cruise – and hopefully some sun!
    @lynned – sorry to hear you’ve got the lurgy too. Keep warm and get well soon.
    I hope you got over your lurgy @toddybear and got to enjoy your holiday? Any recommendations for a good holiday read?
    I remember that saga with the car crash and the young man involved @onahealthyhigh. Glad it’s sorted at last.
    Welcome @timetochange, @abfab5 & crush – never too late to jump right in. That sounds like a popular regime @timetochange – but as you say – within moderation at weekends. Since last year I am doing a 30 minute exercise session most mornings (target is 5 out of 7 days – but don’t always achieve that). I’m definitely seeing the difference in terms of toning though.
    @bigviking – take it easy on your travels.
    Please share details on your dream home @basyjames!!!
    @emma-taylor – so good to hear you’re enjoying your holiday and found some AF beer. I am looking forward to our cruise and to working my way through the Mocktails menu (in moderation as I know they will still be high in calories). I’ve already been onto the cruise line to confirm they have AF wine and beer. I absolutely know deep in my bones that I shall never drink alcohol again. As you say it is too expensive in some far more dangerous ways than just our wallet. How I’m still alive and not actually heavily addicted after 40 odd years of binge drinking is a mystery to me. That probably sounds over dramatic to many reading this – but believe me I’m serious!

And on that sobering note…..

Have a great day folks – we’re doing well and still half the month to go. And remember “it’s not a race, it’s a journey.” “One pound at a time.”

Day 16- Colorado USA – FD

Been MIA here for a week, but still following the program!
    Super busy days as I’m working & also having hardwood floors installed in our home. That’s lots of moving furniture & belongings around each night as we shift which room the workers will be in the next day.
    I’m counting it as exercise. 😉

OH and I have both agreed that “nothing goes back that isn’t loved.” So we’re applying Marie Kondo principles and only refilling each room with what we truly want/ need to keep. Big decluttering projects! All of February will be kitchen & bath remodeling… so the same ruthless purging will continue for another month.
    It’s A LOT of WORK, but I’m enjoying the declutter process. And I KNOW we’ll be pleased with the finished product: cleaner, lighter, easier to manage home!! One that I will be proud to host friends & family in.

Yesterday had a great 23:1 OMAD (one meal a day.) Today I’ll keep busy at work, drink loads of liquids & plan to do 23:1, eating dinner only & finishing well below 800 calories.

Together we’re making January a success!!

Day 16…..Florida……FD

Today, come hell or high water it’s going to be an FD. Hubby took me out yesterday to a beautiful lunch at bone fish. We had never been there before so it was a nice change but it didn’t help the waist line at all.

So, I’m going to FD today, Thursday and Sat., hopefully by Sat., the scales and I will be on the road to a healing relationship.

Welcome to all the newbies….It’s never to late!

I’m going outside to stand, so if anyone asks tell them I’m OUTSTANDING!

Day 16 UK FD

Day off today and not a lot planned apart from planks and dog walking. We were supposed to go house hunting again but I’m not in the mood. @basyjames so jealous you’ve found the dream 🏠. I think I might be living in mine, which is why nothing we see is suitable.

I persuaded a friend to join me in the new Yoga class. It’s all paid for and yoga mat has been found hiding in the house so no excuses not to go.

Apple for lunch then chicken stir fry for tea. Wish me luck.

Day 16 USA (Illinois) NFD

Been eating quite smartly, but the very cold weather has left me filling in with hot beverages. That’s not all bad. Hot tea, SF apple cider packets, my daily coffee have all helped keep me from feeling too cold.

@bert1802 – good to know you’re OUTSTANDING (like we didn’t know that already?)

@flourbaby – please invite us to your housewarming on your Bahamaian island when you’re there!

@saffy420 – I also have an apple for lunch on FD’s. It seems to sustain me besides helping with regularity.

Onward and downward.

Day 16 Akron OH

Ok let me tell you a little bit about my dream home. The home we currently live in is a starter home that OH bought about a year before we met. While being a perfectly adequate home, I was never in love with it, and did not care for the location. A couple years after we were married, I told him I wanted us to shop for a home together, but he wasn’t quite ready… and so the years passed. Over time, we put together a list of “must haves” and “would like to have” but we were never really sure about when would be the right time to take this seriously; we finally decided that March 2018 would be it. So we got our financing in order, signed up with a realtor, and set up a search alert. We also started touring homes with the intent of narrowing down the list of must haves, because we quickly realized that the cost of getting everything on our list was going to be pretty high.

Well, last month a certain home went on the market and popped up in my inbox. I did not take a second look at first, because it looked kind of drab in the pictures. After a couple weeks, I asked the realtor to take me on a tour, and guess what?! The pictures did not do it justice! It is a beautiful home, in my desired location, with everything on the list of “must have” and “would like to have” listed well below our price point! I guess the pictures scared away a lot of prospective buyers and the seller was not getting a lot of interest; they were motivated to sell because they had to relocate for work. Even though it was technically not yet March, we decided to go for it. We made an offer it was accepted next day and Voila! Dream Home at a great price. I am still pinching myself.

Day 16, USA, FD

Back to hitting the reset button after a very glutinous long weekend. And spent an hour or so catching up on all the posts I’ve neglected over the last few days. Lots of great stories and successes to read – congrats on those of you who have been shedding kilos!

I really must concentrate on my NFDs. FDs are relatively easy for me, but I go way over my TDEE on NFDs which of course almost defeats the purpose. I’ve never been into counting calories but perhaps I should start. Who was it who suggested focusing on portion size? That might be easier for me to do – use smaller plates. I also need to drink more water to achieve the slosh-effect!

And I must stop hitting the reset button. What I mean by that is, 5:2 won’t work for me if I kid myself that I can eat and drink what I want every weekend, and then magically cure everything by hitting the reset button every Monday. I seem to be doing a weekly churn of 5:2:reset, and that’s not sustainable!

Thanks MoliJ, I had to look up the word “banneton”. Your bread sounds delish!

Day 16 – Peru 🇵🇪- NFD

WOW, WOW, WOW 😮 Machu Picchu is the stand out, most awe inspiring, magical, wondrous place that I have ever visited. Ok, I have not travelled the world, loads of places to visit yet, but Machu Picchu has to be up there at the top of even the most jaded travelers list.

The heavy rain had stopped by yesterday morning but we had bought full length rain ponchos as rain forecast for late morning. The queue for the bus at 630am was long but moved quickly, twisty journey up through the cloud forest, twenty minutes later we were at a very busy set down point with queues for the bathroom (none inside the site), queues for entrance…….walk up a hill with what seemed like every nationality jostling…..and then…. the first glimpse of Machu Picchu 😲

Everyone stopped in awe, before the cameras and selfie sticks took precedence again 😆. It was before 7am, clouds draped themselves across the mountains and wavered across the stone buildings of the temples, at this early hour not many visitors had yet made their way down into the site, so you could imagine what it might have been like in Inca times.

We had a private guide who was excellent, giving us great insights into the buildings, why the Incas might have built here, what it might have been used for, why it was suddenly abandoned (nobody knows for sure)….and how the jungle reclaimed it for 400 hundred years until Hiram Bingham discovered it while searching for another Inca sight.

Today it is the Golden Goose of Peruvian tourism and they really make sure that this sight remains preserved with strict rules. And rightly so too, so many tourists were clambering on walls and getting into dangerous positions to take their photos, but the guys on site gently stopped this carry on. Although there were hordes of tourists even in this the low season, it never takes away from this wonderful place.

We spent 4 hours there, the clouds clearing and reappearing, each time with different views of the site. It’s not an easy place to walk around if you are middle aged and older , lots of rocky Inca steps and very steep hills, so we gave up on attempting the climb to the Sun Gate, and definitely did not even consider climbing Waynu Picchu (this is the mountain that is in the background of the famous photos of the site of Machu Picchu).
    Young trekkers were hurtling themselves up and down the trails, twenty or thirty years ago I would have been too, but at 50 I know my limits 😁

Wonderful place. Major bucket list item.

The rains came at noon, seriously rained, we got on the train to Olllyantaytambo, where we then had to get on a bus for another two hours as the railroad has closed between here and Cusco due to dangerous conditions because of the rainy season 😲

Back in Cusco having first lie in for days.
    We fly to Lima this afternoon, back to the summer for another day 😎

@califdreamer, @AnnMarilyn We heard about the earthquake on Sunday morning but we were very far away from it thank goodness. Last weekend we were in that region. That’s one of the things about Peru, very much an earthquake zone, most of the places we go to have had historic buildings destroyed by earthquakes over the years

@annemarilyn a “fleece” is just a warm sports top, used on its own or as a layer between tshirts and jackets.

Day 16 – USA – NFD

Yesterday turned into a surprise FD for me, 675 cals. @daffodil2010, keep those cards and letters coming!

Day 16, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

Day 16 Las Vegas NV, WFD Zero calories

Had a good upper body weight workout yesterday and I’m sore today. Will do fasted cardio today

Good luck to those of you house hunting. I’m still settling into my new place and loving it.

Machu Picchu sounds amazing! It’s definitely on my bucket list!

Many of you sound like you are doing very well. To those of you having trouble remember that this plan is a long term one. It takes at least 45 days to cement new habits. We all fall off the horse from time to time. Just dust yourself off and learn from your mistakes.

Day 16 NFD Oregon USA

Happy good FD yesterday. Now as @stevetoontaxi and @penz know–must do well today and tomorrow on the NFD’s! Monday and Thursday FD’s do not equal a license to binge on all the other days. Hate calorie counting but clearly I need to be accountable and that will be the first step. Also going to employ 16:8 at least on Wednesdays, Sat&Sun. (Tues and Friday I can’t seem to hold off eating after fasting)

@Daffodil2010–wow wow wow! If I hadn’t wanted to go to Peru before, your posts and especially the magic surrounding Machu Picchu have inspired a lot of googling.😊

@Slogan15–hope you are feeling better soon. Don’t stress about jumping back on this WOL as soon as you feel fit. That’s the beauty of it.

@Basyjames–the dream house sounds meant to be–congrats!!
    And @happymargo, I have a house (and husband) that could use a ton of de-cluttering. Wish he and I could get on your page!!

@Crush–welcome and added you to the spreadsheet.

@Debster251–stay warm in snowy Belfast.

@strawberriesandcream–great post and that lemon cake in the slow cooker sounds wonderful–is there a recipe somewhere?

OK friends I am off but wish you all a great day–together we are stronger!!

“Figure out what’s good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living.”

Day 16 McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    I’m ready for a good FD today, wish me well!!

@mjrbcd44 – Thank you for your kind words.
    @emma Taylor – Good job staying strong while in Rome!!
    @basyjames – What a wonderful story about finding your dream home with OH, congrats!!

Day 16 – 2nd post

Quick one. I saw a few posts wondering if anyone had stepped up to host February challenge. I have already thrown my hat in the ring for Feb so once I get home I will get back into the swing of this WOL

Spreadsheet and new thread by end of January. And I think I will be the one who needs it most after this Peruvian trip 😁

Day 16, Gozo, Malta, fd

I am fasting around 800 calories but ate some leftover almonds from a panettone.

Daffodil2010 thank you 😊 for taking up the February challenge. Please count me in. I need the accountability.

Have a great evening everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 16, UK, NFD

Its good to come hear and read everyone’s posts, its very supportive 🙂

I had a good FD yesterday, and its been a good NFD today so far. Evenings are my downfall though, with my habit to nibble on nuts 🐿 .

@penz I find it hard to count calories too, not sure I can adopt that long term, as a WOL, but maybe once you get used to how many calories different foods have you don’t have to any more because it will come automatically? Not sure, I’m finding my way with it 🙂

@daffodil2010 omg that sounds awesome! Its just gone on my list “to visit” places.
    And your description of it is just superb , thank you for sharing 😊

@flourbaby sorry to hear about your mum’s illness, its so hard 🙁 . My mum is getting old and starting to have memory issues from time to time, its very upsetting. Still, I hope you have a lovely holiday 😊

Glad to see many doing really well here, and for all who are having a hard time/setbacks , just keep on at it, it will happen 🤗

Day 16 Wales NFD

Day 16 – Massachusetts – NFD

Yesterday’s fast went well and I lost the water weight from the weekend, but no new low today.Today I went back to the gym again (yay!). I am feeling good about this. Still coughing some though. To those who are sick – get better soon! To those who are well – I hope you stay well! Seems like the sicknesses going around this season tend to linger.

@daffodil2010 – your trip sounds amazing!! Incredible that you got to see such an amazing place. Also looking forward to you hosting February! And looking forward to February challenge as well!

Someone said slow cooker and cake together in the same sentence, and that’s all it took – I too am interested in the recipe!

Have a good day everyone. Keep on keeping on.

Day 16, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Back to work, back to sanity.

Hello all !

First of all basyjames, let me apologize for calling you babyjames all this time… So sorry. Congrats on the dream home – it WAS truly meant to be. Wishing you and your loved one many, many years of happy memories.

daffodil – I cannot thank you enough for taking the time to share your trip with us. Amazing ! So happy you are having such a grand time.

leggit, glad you are feeling well enough to hit the gym again ! Hoping all of those under the weather get much better soon as well.

Did somebody say cake?

Everything is fine here – actual temperature today was 5 below !!!! But, th sun is out and the snow is sparkly.

To your health, all.

Day 16 Ireland – CD
    Day 15 – FD
    Day 14 – NFD
    Day 13 – NFD

Busy times for me but helps with dry sugar-free January. Weight still going in the right direction even after the weekend away so feeling positive 👍.
    Onward and downward

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.