January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
January 2018 Monthly Challenge–Bring on the New Year!!

This topic contains 1,551 replies, has 125 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,558 total)

• Day 14, Newcastle UK, NFD

Didn’t manage a FD yesterday – but was well below TDEE. Overall I had a good, controlled week and yet I am up 1.3lbs on where I was Wednesday morning. However, my size 8 holiday cargo pants which didn’t fit just over a week ago are now fitting perfectly. Having cut out at least 3,500 empty liquid calories a week, I’m slightly mystified – but not at all worried. I’ll just keep on keeping on. Maybe I’m due a Whoosh.

Well done @big Viking – I feel your relief. Sorry to hear about your lurgy though. OH and I are virtually hibernating to ensure we don’t pick anything up before our cruise.
    @mjrbcd44 – it’s done, draw a line and forget it. Focus on now – you’ll feel so much better tomorrow when the chemical depressant affect of the alcohol has worn off.

Going to do some low carb cooking today in preparation for this week’s meals. I see Dr. M has another article in the Mail on Sunday – I’ll pop along to buy a copy shortly.

“The body achieves what the mind believes.”

Day 14 – Peru 🇵🇪- NFD

Great walking tour of Cusco yesterday. The Inka architecture is amazing and has withstood so many earthquakes. I still think they are monsters with their human sacrifices of children and young women, but their buildings are outstanding. Our guide today told us they are still finding remote Inka sites in the Andes so this historic story is continuously unfolding.

We had dinner in a highly recommended Peruvian restaurant just off Plaza des Armas- I did not have starters or dessert, just main course. Had Pisco Sour cocktail and shared a bottle of red wine. But this is nothing to what I normally would have consumed pre 5:2!!!

We leave early this morning for the Sacred Valley tour then the Vistadome train to Machu Pueblo, the town underneath Machu Pichu. This is the big one 😁👍😌

Day 14 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧
    3 good fast days 2 poor NFD and 2 good NFD = no weight loss 😠😠😠😠😠😠😠😠. Hoping for a better week next week.
    Cold and windy on my bike ride today, roll on the summer.
    I must try harder on non fasting days.

Day14 UK NFD

2 weeks in, how quick was that. Yesterday was relatively controlled, went to a friend’s for dinner and as we hadn’t got together as a group (10 of us) since before Xmas she did the full dinner- turkey, pork every vegetable known to man- Yikes. She did it buffet style so I was able to get a smaller portion and no alcohol. Lots of laughter and chat, and some drunken planks towards the end. Funnily enough the only ones to manage half decent ones were the two designated drivers. So I was busy polishing my halo 😇 and basking in drunken admiration. I’m now expecting to fully trip up and for the halo to fall.

@strawberriesandcream, I’m with you on the mysterious scales. I weighed in Friday and after 2xFD & 3xNFD (never more than 1200cals) I’d managed to put 1lb on. Yesterday I’d lost 3lbs, making 2 for the week. Our bodies are weird and no matter how many times I tell myself to ignore cruella I still get very p*****d off when she doesn’t do what I want.
    @mjrbcd44 – we all have blips and fails on this journey. If we didn’t we’d be superhuman and never come on this forum. You know exactly what you’re going to do, dust yourself off, put it behind you and just carry on.

Have a happy Sunday everyone. We’ve got this.

Day 14 UK NFD

@strawberriesandcream, I feel your pain re those blooming scales. Friday normal weigh in showed me 1lb gained after a week of 2xFD and 3x NFD(all under 1200 cals). Then yesterday I weighed again and had lost 3lbs in one day, Making 2 for the week. What’s that about?

Yesterday was relatively controlled. We went to friends for dinner, I was driving so still no alcohol. She did a full Christmas Dinner as we hadn’t met a s a group since before the big day. Lots of laugher and chat – even a few drunken planks later in the evening. The only ones who managed anything half decent were the designated drivers. So I basked in drunken admiration for a while!

@mjrbcd44 – we all fail at times and mess up, if we didn’t we’d be superhuman and be off saving the planet, not coming on here and interacting with the most brilliant group of people. You know what you’re going to do. Dust yourself off, put it behind you and carry on.

@daffodil2010, loving the travelogue, I was googling trips to Peru this morning instead of attacking the ironing.

Happy Sunday everyone.

Day 14, London, UK, NFD

Aiming for control!!!

@califdreamer, I used a skull & crossbones for my sign and it’s on the cupboard containing the nuts!!!!

Safe & Happy travels @at, enjoy the wedding (There’s always the reset button!!!) Are family members going to be stunned by the ‘new’ you?

@strawberriesandcream, Way to go with the size 8!!! Maybe your body is just getting settled and the whoosh is just around the corner, I’ve just booked a week away with my mum, (1st for her without my dad) so although I’m jealous of the travellers and cruisers …………… I do have SOMETHING to look forward to!!!

@steve toon taxi driver ……………… I must try harder on non fasting days. I must try harder on non fasting days ………….. Ain’t that the truth!!!!! I’ll add to the mix …………
    I must drink more water!
    I must drink more water!

Have a great Sunday everyone!!!!!

Day 14 USA (Illinois) CD

Science fair judging yesterday was most fulfilling! Plus I learned some very interesting things from the students who did projects. The overall winner of “Best of Show” was one of the students who I judged. She taught me a lot about how important our kidneys are, but especially how we (on our WOL) are doing great things by drinking as much water as we do. Did you know the kidneys filter FIFTY (50) gallons of blood every day?! Water is our life-blood to keep up good kidney function too.

Has anyone ever done a CD of just one meal that day? That’s my plan for the next couple days, as I have obligations each day that will include food or snacks at least once, sometimes twice a day. My hope is to just eat what is “required” of me for that day.

Congratulations @lindasue on your excellent progress!

@daffodil2010 – more fascinating facts about Peru. I am anxious to read what your experiences are in Manchu Picchu.

Onward and downward.

Day 14, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Hi all,

Today will be sunny. That means going outside walking and soaking up the sun rays as the next 10 days will be gray. Have to get natural vitamin D.

@at: Have a safe trip and a great vacation! 😊😊😊
    @strawberriesandcream: Same here. I ate right all week and am up in weight. But…there quite likely will be a delayed release of pounds in the (hopefully) near future. 😊😊😊

Have a great Sunday everyone! ⚘⚘⚘

Day 14, Surrey (UK), NFD

Many lessons to learn yet on this journey. #1 this month: don’t count your chickens!

Did I say I’d reached my January target already, by breaching the 13st barrier? Did I, heck! Up to 13st 1.4lb this morning, a gain of 2lb overnight. To be fair, I’d had an indulgent day yesterday. Hubby treated me to a theatre trip, followed by a delicious Asian-style meal. Oh, and a glass or two of wine! No pudding, but a couple of chocolate fudge sweets afterwards.

I’ve had this experience before with Asian food, sometimes with even more dramatic overnight weight gains. I’m pretty sure it’s due to the saltiness of the food, so I hope it will all wash out in a couple of days. Anyway, today is a controlled day, and tomorrow will be a proper FD. I’m not kicking myself – yet, but just observing the effect of certain foods. Keep going, everyone.

Day 14……Florida…..NFD

Sorry that I did not post yesterday, it ended up being one of those days. Friday night, I realize quite early in thee evening that my mind and thoughts were just out of sorts which for me put into a non sleep pattern. So, knowing this I started to do my steps that releases all that mumbo jumbo rattling around in there. Journal writing, non specific burning reading. So, when nothing was helping, I just watched tv,before I knew it 2:30 am flashed on the clock, so, I tossed and turned until 7, then got up and went to work. After work, I cleaned which is very relaxing for me, had dinner and then passed out until 9:30 this morning. My head is still full but I’m working through it.

I started to read some of the posts, im behind in, so that will take days to catch up on.

We have a lot of newbies starting out this month, I congratulate you on your new journey to a healthier life style. I’m sure some of you are finding 5:2 an easy start and wondering how this works in the long term.
    I can only give you reference from my own journey, everyone is different so there experiences will be different as your willbe too.

I stated 5:2 in July of 2016, one month in, I gave up. There are a 1000 reasons, why but the 2 most important reason we’re about me. 1st being my own self worth. Deep down, I did not feel as if deserved to be happy with a healthier and slimmer body. 2nd, my relationship with food was off balance. Hard day or stressful day, I thought I deserved a treat and happy times, I could over indulge because that’s how you show your having a good time. When I was depressed or sad,food was how I treated it.

So, in Oct of 2016, I came to terms with myself. I still work on this but that Oct., I decided I was the only one who could change how I felt about myself. So, I dove right into 5:2.
    One my first fast, gosh it was hard, my mind and belly really tried to beat me down. I researched for hours on what an I give this body that will keep me on 5:2. I had a lot of crap to chose from, which ended up being a salad. Dinner came and I ate and went to bed. Oh my I could not sleep my ass was bouncing off the walls, I had so much energy. That energy made all the bad of the day worth it. So, I kept going…….
    Eventually, I lost weight, my attitude changed and in 2017, I accomplished more than I ever thought I could.

Now, I’m over a year in, 40lbs down….. I’m playing in maintenance mode, I’ve over indulged and my weight has stayed the same…. I fast from 7pm to 1pm without much thought, I eat the good stuff as my choice and the bad stuff as a force full act that Ugg!I used to used when veggies and fruits were offered.

So 5:2 has become something I just do, something I don’t really think about. My family has adapted and they are now eating smaller portions and enjoying the good stuff without that Ugg too.

Is 5:2 substanable for you? Well, that is a choice your going to have to make for your self…… you will have to make the choices to make it substanable…..then it will be for you.

So,that’s all I got this morning…..

I’m going outside to stand, so if anyone ask just tell them I’m OUTSTANDING!

Day 14 – Massachusetts – nfd

Yesterday I over indulged as well @mjrbcd. 😩 too much! From all the sugar, I feel like I am hung over. 😔 maybe in February I will force myself to go completely sugar free. I don’t think the switch between sugar on weekends and no sugar during the week is working. When it comes to the weekend, my brain goes into sugar feast mode! Something to keep working on.

My coughing is almost done! So a return to light exercise next week. This will be helpful, as I’ve been stuck at the same weight in January these past two weeks and exercise seems to help move things along.

I hope everyone is enjoying their Sunday. To those traveling, safe travels and have fun!

Day 15/definitely a much needed FD/Melbourne Australia

🦉words @bert. You are outstanding

I’ve been phaffing around with 5:2ing lately and need to jump right back on that wagon or the dreaded creep will happen!! No mucking around this week. Still under goal weight. It’s now been 2 years 8 months since I reached and dropped under my goal weight. I lost over a whopping 43lbs and have succesfully kept off 38.8lbs. I settled for staying in the middle of my bmi. I loved being smaller but it suits me better with the extra weight. Fewer wrinkles! And I can still pop into a shop and walk out with a size 8 garment. How good is this lifestyle. As our 🦉one @bert says. It is your choice to make. It is up to you.

It is frustrating hopping on the scales and not seeing the benefits of your hard work. Hang in there the woosh will happen.

Well I must go. Hoping to fall back asleep. It’s 3.30 am here and I have a very busy Monday ahead. Have a great day everyone 🙂

Day 14 – Iceland – NFD 

Busy and not very controlled weekend here. Look forward to a clean slate tomorrow.

@leggit – I have been thinking about this too, might join you for completely sugar free February🚫🐉

Day 14 NFD/CD Oregon USA

Thanks @strawberriesandcream and @saffy420 for the encouragement. You are right… It’s going behind me and I am focused on moving forward.

Definitely joining on your mantra @stevetoontaxi–I must do better on NFD’s.
    Must. Do. Better.

@bigviking Feel better!!

@bert1802 loved your post. I really need to address my relationship with food (and alcohol) Hoping that sticking to this WOL helps me retrain my brain to some degree but know I need to resolve some deeper things.

@leggit–sorry you had a sugar binge. Doesn’t matter what our “kryptonite” is does it? You never feel good going overboard. Wish I could get my brain to fully embrace that and avoid overindulgence like FOREVER!!

Did take my measurements on Saturday so going to log that in too. And committing to strict attention to TDEE on my NFD’s this week as my mini goal.

“Figure out what’s good for you and then create a liking for it. You have to work at living.”

Day 14 California NFD

Pizza last night and a 400 gram gain. But the rest of the day I did well, so hopefully tomorrow’s FD will get rid of it.

@daffodil2010, I enjoy hearing about your trip. Did you feel the earthquake? It’s hard to tell from the date stamp whether you posted before or after. It looks like it was a pretty good distance from where you were, but still big.

@fatfingers, I always seem to gain after Japanese food, probably because of the soy sauce. But it usually goes away by the next day.

Day 14, Gozo, Malta, nfd

I ate some cake this morning while taking my antibiotics- this is the final day I take them. I’m definitely better but not completely so, so glad you’re better too leggit.

We went out to a sushi restaurant and I ate a lot of maki sushi and had one scoop green tea ice cream but no wine.

This evening I had a banana and two chocolate fruit balls.

Tomorrow I startB2B2B. My three fast days for the week. I weigh on Thursday.

Have a great evening everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 14, Wales, UK, FD

Today has been a fasting day. 🙂 I didn’t think that I wanted to fast on the weekend, but it turns out that I think it’s been MUCH EASIER on a weekend. If my stomach grumbles I don’t worry about my office mates overhearing, if I can’t concentrate I can do something else, like colouring in or watching a movie/ series instead.

It’s almost 20:00. I put some food in a slow cook to go overnight, so it’ll be ready for me tomorrow.

I am just going to have a relaxed evening. Can’t wait to wake up and eat tomorrow!

2ns post-newcastle-FD

Hi all, managed to cling on in there finishing on 525. Happy with that. It was hard but hopefully will get me in the swing of things. Seen some people do 3 fasts in a row on here..Wow your hard core, respect ✊ to your will power. Think I’ll stick to two and not together. Maybe with time it will become easier x

Day 14 Belfast NFD

Sorry pocketeers. I made some silly choices yesterday. I drank a bottle of plum and ginger cider, which blew my alcohol and my sugar pledge. But OH was it good! Then went on to eat a couple of buns😩 looking forward to tomorrow and a FD. And I forgot my planks. ☹️

@califdreamer – as Alexa is so obliging, will she also do the planks for us?
    @Strawberriesandcream – size 8… Wow!

I shall keep on dragon slaying.

Day 14 North Wales NFD

Day 14,Germany, NFD

Day 15 – Japan – FD #3 of 2018 …. 84.6kg

Wild swings in weight but it is probably just water. Winter is curbing some of my normal activity and I’ve also been helping my daughter a lot to prepare for a school race. Coaching is a lot different than doing.

Day14 Preston uk NFD
    Had a bit more of a relaxing day today over what I ate. We have been on a 12 mile walk in the Lake District with friends but ate out on 2 occasions, lunch and dinner on the plus side I did manage to avoid a pudding on both.
    Weigh in day for me and once again the scales were kind to me showing a 2lb loss. 😀Very pleased with things so far and fingers crossed for another good week next week. 🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻🤞🏻

Day 14 UK CD

Yesterday clocked in at jus tover 1200 calories & today will be about the same. Somehow this morning the scales were up about 1.5kg! I can only think that the body is a strange thing and it will even out eventually if I keep at it.

After my first flush of excitement and commitment the shiny is wearing off and I’m realising this is for the long haul and needs a bit more thought. Yesterday evening I got really tied into a work thing, was v tired & couldn’t decide what to eat so ended up eating at 10pm! I really need to plan CD/NFD better, esp now there’s nothing in the house I can simply pick up and eat.

Well, I’ve got fruit, carrots & salad things, plus soup etc in the freezer that would be a quick cook. But I think it’s having no or not much carb around that’s stumping me. When I’m hungry and haven’t worked out what to cook there are no quick CARB fixes. I need to plan ahead for tasty, speedy, CD meals if I want to succeed during busy or tired times.

Thank you @bert1802 and @onahealthyhigh for sharing your stories – I’m inspired by hearing how others have done/are doing, and it really helps to keep me motivated.

I’ve got a couple of questions and would be glad to know if anyone else has found this….

Has anyone else found that they don’t eat as much on NFD if they’ve done B2B?

I did my first B2B this week and since then I’m really struggling to eat as much as I was before. I’m not hungry at all until early afternoon and anything I eat seems to keep me going far longer. Come supper time I don’t really want a proper meal. Or I don’t eat earlier, but come supper time I’m still not eating as much as I used to. I’ve dropped from what were clearly oversize portions before I started this WOL, to aiming for TDEE on NFD, and now I’m eating around 1200-1400 calories and that’s it. I look at the food in my store cupboards/fridge/freezer and wonder how I’ll ever get through it!

Also, has anyone else had joint pain on the 2nd day of a B2B? I’d love to know if this is a known thing about fasting, or whether it’s just me being unlucky with someting. I’ve got existing health issues but I’ve never had anything like the joint pain of Thursday evening – it was very strange indeed.

Day 14, UK, NFD

Its been a very long busy day, but ok eating wise. I just wish this cold and cough will go away 🙁

@bigviking hope you get better soon.

Many have had an off day here, but remember guys, there is a reset button, just press it and carry on from there. No other choice really anyway 🙂

🤗

Day 15 NZ NFD Grandchildren staying for a couple of days, working the rest of the week then off on holiday. Really looking forward to it. Away for 8 days so probably won’t have access to a computer. However will be careful with the eating.

Day 14 – SW WA USA – NFD

After a glorious walk along the beach and finding a exploring another where we saw a lighthouse, my friend & I headed back home. What a refreshing get-away! Feasted a little more but kept away from the sugar successfully!

@daffodil2010 – were you near the earthquake area? I think you might have been a couple of days ago. BTW, what’s a “fleece” in your books?

Day 14 2nd post

@annemarilyn What a wonderful day here in the PNW! Almost 60 degrees in January!! And sunshine.🌞 So glad you got to walk on the beach.

I have been floundering all weekend. And today was not the improvement I was hoping for.

Hitting a major reset button tomorrow for lots of things.
    Happily I did get 90% of the decorations down and away.

Posting for tomorrow now as well as I need some pocket faster support!!

Day 15 FD Oregon USA

Is the month really half over??

Pocket List for today(Monday).

If you want to join just copy and paste and add your name.

**Pocket List Fast**
    Mjrbcd44

Day 15, Norway, FD

@bert1802 – thank you for sharing that story. I really needed a hard but successful story today. I read through many of the posts to find inspiration again, nothing helped…but yours did.
    Not so happy with my scales this morning, don’t understand why I do that, weigh myself on Monday mornings…djees!! Got me down today, 1,2kg UP just over the weekend, what the heck! I feel I eat kind of mindful, on the border to CD, for a weekend…oh well… I guess I need to start to really write down and do the math for everything I eat for new while. 1,2kg in the wrong direction hit me hard.

Another FD today. Last week I took two FDs in a row, could it be that is not a good match for me? That it is just too many days in a row without fasting? Will do my Monday/Wednesday this week, and count everything. Need to buy some broth as well.

Good luck to all the Monday Fasters.

Day 15, Finland, FD

Morning everyone!
    It is great reading everyone’s posts, finding that there are so many people going through the same struggles, or have come through on the other side already. Lots of great tips and motivation. I am reading the posts as they come through on my email on my phone, although this means i spend alot of time on the phone!, i also have the encouragement, and motivation ready when i need it the most. No need to stumble first and then read some great tip later on the computer when its too late.
    Today is a FD, but I am starting night shift so am planning a meal with the family first before heading to work and starting the fast. Predicting a busy night so should make FD more manageable. Am pleased with -1kg this week, slightly up from after second fast day, but an overall loss is the name of the game right!

@metatauta not a bad thing to have some Finnish in you! Generally speaking they are a lovely bunch:-) Finland is, most of the time, wonderful. I find it still alot like Melbourne cos it has wide streets, trams….or perhaps thats my wishful thinking! It is beautiful in the nature at all times of year. It is weird watching on the news the dramatic cold in the US when here in the south we still don’t have any snow on the ground! This week is our first proper minus degrees weather. Climate change in action i guess. I never thought i would say i miss the cold weather and snow, but rather this then the heat in Australia in the summer, don’t know how you all can handle it! Helsinki is one of my most favourite cities, you should try to make it here one day.

Good luck everyone for the new week!

Day 15 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    New week time to refocus and get back on track.flourbabe I feel like I’m drinking enough just too many sweet distractions in my Dad’s house and I have to visit him most nights on the way home from work. Good luck everyone hope you all have a great week

Day 15, UK, NFD
    76.0 kg. I felt so rough yesterday that I didn’t feel like eating, so the weekend was a B2B for me. Still feeling rough today, but will have to eat something (but hopefully well within TDEE). @shinything, hope your coughing passes soon. At least I have been spared that so far!

Hi everyone
    Day 15, NSW Australia, NFD
    Must be on a mini plateau – staying at 78.8kg, haven’t been this weight for a very long time so enjoying same.
    Might have to start exercising for a shift in the right direction. Had a rare sweet tooth yesterday afternoon, back to being more mindful today. It’s Monday 7.50pm here.
    Enjoying reading your posts – inspiring, motivating & also some keep things in perspective – nice to know we are all trying to achieve the same ultimate goal: overall a more healthier life with weight loss as a bonus.
    Hope you all enjoy the coming week. Bye for now!

Day 15 North Wales FD

Day 15, Newcastle UK, ?

@songbirdme – I wish we’d covered facts like that in biology at school. Or probably nearer the truth – I wish I could remember them! One meal a day (OMAD) is another popular eating pattern that works for some people despite the amount of calories in that one meal. Some interesting articles on YouTube.
    @michelinme – your body is responding in a good way to this WOL and starting to regulate your appetite. There are others who will be able to respond and explain in a clearer way than I’m able without rambling – but I’d say don’t worry and overthink it – just go with it for the time being and experiment with healthy foods containing a higher calorie count for less bulk – ie. healthy fats/cheese etc. I can’t comment on the joint pain unfortunately.

It seems there are a few of us experiencing the vagaries of the scale right now. Maybe my cutting out alcohol is affecting my metabolism and my body is going through a period of adjustment. I’m really not going to worry – just keep on keeping on.
    My size 8 is not that much of an achievement I’m afraid. I was actually wearing those same pants last May – so shows how much I’ve messed around between then and now. However, I am relieved that they fit again now – so I guess I ought to be proud of that.
    @flourbaby – what have you planned for the week with your Mum?

Not sure how today is going to go, so not adding myself to pocket fasters as that sometimes backfires for me. In the meantime, here’s a quote on indecision.

“Dare to keep moving when it is a must and dare to keep waiting when you have to, but note, you shall always keep waiting if you keep waiting and you shall always keep moving when you keep moving!”
    ― Ernest Agyemang Yeboah

Day 15 – Iceland – FD

The weekend shows on the scales this morning, up .6kg since Friday. But new week and renewed determination! Will make this a good FD and the extra weight should hopefully be gone by tomorrow.

Have a great day everyone!

**Pocket List Fast**
    @mjrbcd44
    @borealis

Day 15 – Peru 🇵🇪 – NFD

Quick post as we are about to leave to start our ascent to Machu Pichu 😁

Great day in the Sacred Valley yesterday. Cool train journey in the rain to Aquas Calientes, the town below Machu Pichu. Another insanely early start….but the lost city of the Incas awaits.

It’s rainy season and wow, when it rains it really rains. Bought rain ponchos yesterday as our rain jackets don’t keep legs dry.

Off we go 😊

Day 15 Belfast FD.

The scales aren’t my friend 😣

** Pocket List Fast for today**
    @mjrbcd44
    @borealis
    @molij
    @SteveToonTaxiDriver
    @kerryn73
    @maayyaa

Remember:
    “Either you run the day, or the day runs you” – Jim Rohn

Day 15, London, UK, NFD – CD

Once again aiming for a controlled day, as I’ll be B2B2B-ing as usual at work Days 16-18. There seem to be some unexpected/ unwarranted bouncy-bouncy scales within our group this week (mine too), keep the faith and you might be rewarded with a whoosh!!!

Is it this new ‘Aussie’ flu strain that has knocked many of you guys out, I hope not, it’s a deadly strain, stay warm & hydrated!!!

@steve toon taxi driver, you don’t strike me as the dishonourable type, so when you visit your dad………………. Just stop ‘stealing’ his sweet treats!!!! When my mum tries to feed me, as mums are hardwired to do, I just say to her “You need those calories more than me” or “I’m fasting”.

@strawberriesandcream, I’m already getting a bit anxious because it’ll be 7days All Inclusive in the Algarve, I’m the worst for getting value for money, so I’ll be saying I must have a snack, wine, dessert, wine(!), bread, fry-up!!!!! ……………. Or will I???? I’ve got ‘til the end of March to rev up the brain re-training procedure!!! I hope we’ll be doing lots of walking, swimming, sunbathing & relaxing. I think the worst thing is that the memory of the trip will be lost to her Alzheimers, but lots of pics printed out afterwards and talked about will help. Lovely quote, seems like it was written especially for me…….. Queen procrastinator!!!!!

I’m not sure who said it recently, but it’s time to stop faffing about with this WOL, I started this journey as a gazelle and fully expected to be as svelte AS a gazelle, by now, but I’ve metamorphosed into that short rather stocky tortoise…………… no big deal, except my tortoise seems to be surfing a glacier!!!! I’ve been re-reading my early posts (gazelle to tortoise!!!) So, knowing that my birthday in Feb, mums in March, All-inclusive hols in March then Easter are going to TRY to derail me ………………….. The faffing is over, I know this works, I know it’s relatively easy, I know I’m not a child, so no need to act like a ‘kid in a candy store’ when I see bread, cake, biscuits, booze etc., I know that moving the goalposts to suit my shortcomings is doing me NO favours…………… I will meet my monthly weight goals and not say well I did lose 8lbs ………………… that means nothing when you gained 6 of them in the 1st week of the challenge!!!!!

Rant over!!! Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 15 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s efforts for a CD went fairly well. Had a supper meeting for our Choral Society board at a local Italian restaurant, and I did fairly well. One glass of Merlot, salad and the meat of an Italian beef sandwich. Today will be two more meetings both involving food. Heaven help me!

@strawberriesandcream – I will check out the OMAD eating options. I have done that in my distant past when my DH was stationed overseas without me in the US Army, and I just didn’t cook much at all. Yes, I lost a lot of weight, unintentionally, and looked like a starving person when I look back on photos of me then!

@daffodil2010 – yeah! You’ve made it to Manchu Picchu! We are so jealous….

Onward and downward.

Just considering trying 5:2 again and really committing this time. Too late to join January monthly challenge – will there be one in February?

Day 15…..Florida…..?

Well, I’m thinking someone may have passed their cough on to me. I woke myself up several times last night, in a coughing fit. So, not what I wanted. Was lazy a majority of yesterday, did nothing productive except a couple loads of laundry.

I have today off, so I’m going to get out of this cocoon, I’ve wrapped myself in and be a productive member of society.

So glad to hear my story helped so many people. I find that writing about my journey also helps me to refocus on my own goals, wants and needs.

@mjrbc…… I think of all of us, one way or another had or has to change our relationship with food even if you are not trying to lose weight. As well as we need to teach the younger generations on how to have health relationship with food. I know that change for me has gotten me through some pretty rough times. I no longer using food to compensate for something I am missing or need. My sadness, pain nor happiness do not need food to fuel it, really it just needs me to feel it and find a place for it in my mind and heart where it an find peace.

@mayyaa….I know for me B2B, then 5 days of normal eating did nothing for me. I really needed to find a rhythm that fit my own personal needs. When I play in maintenance mode fasting on Mondays works well for me but when I need to lose fasting M, W and Fridays works wonders. I’ve tried a million times to do a b2b, they just don’t work for me.

Okay well, I’m off to be an adult

I going outside to stand, so if anyone ask just tell them I’m OUTSTANDING!

Day 15 Akron OH FD

@daffodil2010 Machu Pichu! Enjoy, so jealous 🙂

@flourbaby you can and will overcome

@Maayaa keep experimenting with different routines and listening to your body, that’s part of the very necessary part of this WOL. Once you find a routine that works, its nirvana

@michelinme when I first started this WOL last year, I used to binge on my NFD-at first. Over time the desire to do that has really waned, certain things do not taste the same anymore or do not have the appeal they once held for me. The day after my B2B2B fasts is usually pretty controlled – and not by choice. I try to make up for it on Saturdays which is when I treat myself but I am usually glad to get back into it on Monday – I just feel & sleep better when I eat less and mindfully.

The year is starting out really busy, OH and I just bought our dream home and we are in the process of listing our current home for sale. Lots to do between now and closing. I wish you all the very best of the day.

Day 14 – USA – NFD
    Day 15 – USA – NFD

Day 15, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

2nd post

Apart from Dr. M, this is the other Dr. I trust on the subject of IF. Here is a link to one of his articles on OMAD – One meal a day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7RuGvMJndg

Day 15 UK FD

Back down to 77kg/170lbs today. It’s really helpful to keep perspective when weighing daily bc it seems to even out over the days and weeks.

@basyjames and @strawberriesandcream thank you for responses, that’s really good to know

@flourbaby so helpful to read your story. I’ve approached this believing two contradictory things at the same time. One part of my brain believes I’m going to leap forwards and instantly spring into a new body. While another part of me knows for sure that this IS my body, losing weight is better done over the long haul and health is more than a side-effect of this WOL!

I need to refresh and reset myself – back to good self-care and making space for a mental whoosh!

Day 15, Gozo, Malta, fd

I wanted to weigh on Thursday but I stepped on the scales this morning and I’m 67.7 kilos, 1.2 kilos more than last Thursday. It must be the Asian meal yesterday and the soy sauce.

Anyway today is a fast day for me the first of B2B2B.

Have a great Monday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 15 California FD

Another Monday FD. Hope everyone is having a good week so far.

** Pocket List Fast for today**
    @mjrbcd44
    @borealis
    @molij
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @kerryn73
    @maayyaa
    @califdreamer

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,558 total)

You must be logged in to reply.