HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 7,330 total)

• Oh Franee so sorry to hear about your foot, take care of your self and eat and drink healthy for fast repair.

Finished a good fast day, stayed busy. Just over 500 cals taken in.
    Good luck to the Thursday fasters, Saturday is the next day for me.

Hi fran,
    so sorry to hear your news and you were doing do well too. Try not to be disheartened look at the positives you get to be waited on and don’t have to do anything but concentrate on your diet and boss your hubby about!

In order to play on the wii plus you will need a console, wii remote, nunchuck, balance board and the wii fit game, it may be best to shop around to find a deal, we got ours all in a bundle which made it cheaper.

Hope you are feeling better today

@frannie!!! Oh dear, well enjoy your home vacation 😉

I got mine from a women that seems to buy them from others. It was £30 for the smsll console, stand, wires, a nunchuck, a second short control that works like a nunchuck and plugs into the nunchuck, it’s all wifi. It came with wii sports which has Boxing, Table a Tennis (can be done on a chair) Bowling, Tennis and Baseball. Any chance you can call you local Health Center, Doctor or Red Cross to get yourself some crutches?

Please don’t fast all the time, along with sleep you need good food on your none fast days to aid healing. Have you seen the Doctor, had an xray, been told when to weight bear, do you have appropriate strapping on it from toes to knee and any analgesic to help you get mobile?

Good luck and take care!

Well done @fast diet and @ginette for having great days.

@ginette, I remembered hearing about people saying they got cold, my first time and zi was chilled to the bone until I got home lol

Normal day for me today but will behave lol. Going to the movies again later to see Wild Card. This will be my second visit with just a diet coke or a sparkling water! Wish me luck on not eating my usual bag of family size M&Ms

Am I Bit thick???

I’ve looked and looked to find a ‘button, icon, link etc’ to start a new topic and I can not find it. Can someone please tell me exactly how to start a ‘new topic’ please?

Frustrated Jaye lol.

Oh, and what is ‘Permalink’?

JayeGirl
    I think if you go to the home page just above where you see welcome then your name and log out etc. you see a search symbol try pressing that, not sure but think that may be where you get to ask questions or post on forums.
    A permanent is a link to an individual blog post.

Hope I helped good luck

Oh dear now I feel stupid,

JayeGirl go up to top of this page underneath welcome to the fast diet at the left hand side in blue writing you will find start a new topic in weight loss – reply press on start a new topic and there you go

Audrey

Hi All

I did exercise late last night for about 20 mins and another if so far today.

Audrey

I have finally got pass the basics and onto something more interesting and faster. I was certainly out of breath and needed to cool down.

I hope those of you fasting are doing ok.

Fran

How are you today? I hope you are not getting too bored. I started doing scrabble online, jigsaws and anything else I could do to pass the time. I caught up on a lot of recorded programmes that I hadn’t had time to watch. I have an iPad so it was easy to do those things. I am am sure other tablets do the same. Any time you are up for a game of scrabble….. I am unable to work for the moment and need to find a new job when I can as I was made redundant. My blood pressure is too high so hence the 5:2 diet and start of exercise routines. My old job was sitting about all day and long hours.

You will be surprised how you find things to amuse yourself.

Hope Hubby’s being helpful

Hi ladies
    Im 48 and started this diet 2 months ago, primarily because my 69 year old stepmum who is not very disciplined and has struggled to lose 30lbs for decades had lost around 18 lbs in 4 months. I figured – if she can do it then i have absolutely no excuse. So far 2 months in- 8lbs down. That included a very indulgent long birthday weekend where we ate and drank far too much for 5 days. I am thrilled – i was never especially overweight but almost 20lbs had crept on since my ideal i feel-great-at-this weight of 150lbs (I’m 5′ 10′). so i have 12lbs to go, and i am just fine with the process. Its slow but it works. Once i get to my goal weight i plan to do the diet just one day a week- so much easier to enjoy food 6 days a week and then compensate for just one. i find as i tell my story to my 40-something friends one by one they are starting it. For me its the ideal diet, I can stick to it because it doesn’t require me to deprive myself and count calories every day (though i do somewhat, just to keep my desire my snacks and wine in check).
    J

Hi Jules and welcome.

Well done you! I have miles and miles to go lol. I am unsure what size I will end up. Starting at 26/28 and have lost 19lbs in 6 weeks. I always thought I would love to be 14 stone a size 18 and be ok with that. I don’t want to be saggy and wrinkly! But now I know how easily and quickly I can lose weight without feeling deprived and now feeling good about myself again I feel it possible I could become slim. I will have to gauge along the way as to how I look. My family will be honest if they think my face is starting to look my age lol.

Keep up the good work.

Just to let you ladies know I have started a Brits thread today, thought it might be nice to find out where all the Brits are and if there are people that can meet up like they do on the overseas threads

Jaye

Some good news to report! Just after new year when I strted on this diet my size 16 jeans were uncomfortably tight. Today I can take them off without undoing them and they are falling down when I walk!

I went on a charity shop crawl in town today to buy some new size 14 jeans, and was happy enough that they fit, albeit quite tight, but when I looked at the label at home I realise that I have actually squeezed into a pair of size 12! Very chuffed and motivated to keep at it! Keep on keeping on ladies,
    CC xxx

WOW @cc well you need a new name, skinny chops! Lol

Well done, you must feel fantastic to be slim. I can’t imagine it as I haven’t been slim since my early 20s really.

I wish we could see pictures here.

Are you continuing to get into the jeans comfortably, what’s your end goal?

Jaye

Hi CC

Love your name. Well done on losing all of that weight.

Here is my week by week in case it helps anyone new to the site. Or other people who want to compare. I don’t want to lose too much at once but the odd week with 2lb is really nice. I know I will look gaunt if I lose it too quickly I might even have short breaks at 6.1 to let my body adjust. I had already lost a stone since last May before starting this diet.

W1 – 2
    W2 – 2
    W3 – 1
    W4 – 2
    W5 – 0
    W6 – 1
    W7 – 1
    W8 – 1
    W9 – 1
    W10 – 2

Total 1 stone. I started exercising 2 days ago and restarted vitamin pills.

Years ago the doctor gave me some vitamin pills with iron on a prescription. I lost 10lbs in a couple of weeks without even trying. When I mentioned this to mu doctor as I was a little concerned at the weight loss she said that this was normal as if you have a sluggish metabolism it kick starts it. I took them for the first few weeks of weight loss and then stopped. I started taking them last week and have only just started exercising and I lost 2lb this week. It could be coincidence, but for the cost of a bottle of over the counter vitamin pills it might be worth trying. I stopped because I thought my foot content had improved so much maybe I didn’t need it. Interesting……….

Ginette

When I told my pharmist who was also trying to lose weight about it she told me something really interesting. She went to a really expensive weight loss centre and along with the dietary advice the gave her a weeks worth of tablets. She brought them home and analysed them and they were the same make up as vitamin pills they charged her £7 for 7 days worth. You make your own mind up.

If anybody does try this is would be interested in the outcome. If you have any concerns maybe get advice from your doctor.

Sorry week 2 should have read – 3lb

I recounted and something didn’t add up so went back and rechecked.

Anyway I am really pleased as I have NEVER had that kind of consistent weight loss and slimming clubs. I went to one club one time, another a second time and the lat one started three times all of them I stayed and three or four months.

I would have a relatively good loss the first couple of weeks and then lose a lb gain half the next lose the next, then stay the same lose maybe 2lb and then gain a lb. that used to be by pattern. I felt deprived (something I have NEVER felt on 5:2) would think I was wasting my money, they are about £5 a week now and not feel good about myself. I am sure that many people went through the same as me. After Christmas this year my son started doing it, I felt it was worth a go although I was going to wait to make my mind up and I thought if I don’t lose weight at least I will get some health benefits.

Now 10 weeks on I can say I feel more positive, it is easy to do (just needs planning) I feel I have lost weight, my clothes are looser and I feel in control for the first time in years.

Ginette

Just posted this on another forum.

Hi All

Program was really interesting I loved the way they reduced the mash in calories by adding carrots and parsnip I think and changing butter to double cream! I don’t have butter in mash. I haven’t for years but interesting for those who do.

It seems a good reason to do housework as well. I just couldn’t cope with 4 hours 4 times a week. Also I wouldn’t want to do that on such a full stomach as they had.

Good news that bigger people lose more just by sitting still than smaller people. Shows why we need to increase activity as we lose weight.

Some eye openers there.

Another two of these programs to go

The Truth about fat is next. I shall try and flag up a reminder.

II started exercising 2 days ago and restarted vitamin pills

Years ago the doctor gave me some vitamin pills with iron on a prescription. I lost 10lbs in a couple of weeks without even trying. When I mentioned this to mu doctor as I was a little concerned at the weight loss she said that this was normal as if you have a sluggish metabolism it kick starts it. I took them for the first few weeks of weight loss and then stopped. I started taking them last week and have only just started exercising and I lost 2lb this week. It could be coincidence, but for the cost of a bottle of over the counter vitamin pills it might be worth trying. I stopped because I thought my foot content had improved so much maybe I didn’t need it. Interesting……….

When I told my pharmacist who was also trying to lose weight about it she told me something really interesting. She went to a really expensive weight loss centre and along with the dietary advice the gave her a weeks worth of tablets. She brought them home and analysed them and they were the same make up as vitamin pills they charged her £7 for 7 days worth. You make your own mind up.

If anybody does try this is would be interested in the outcome. If you have any concerns about taking these maybe get advice from your doctor first.

How are you all doing?

Hi everybody,
    just wanted to say have a good weekend, enjoy yourselves but not too much hehe

Hi Audrey

I have given boxing a miss today as I had sore arms went I woke up. Did 25 minutes on it yesterday. So today I did wii fit for 30 minutes 5 different types of exercise. I really felt it in my legs. After that I sat in the chair and had lunch a nice cup of tea and relaxed.

I have done my bit for the day. It went so quickly. Some of then despite doing four times I didn’t achieve result I wanted. It will wait until next time. Brain wasn’t quick enough to add up numbers on the pin ball machine and didn’t complete obstacle course either, slipped on ice and got knocked off by giant balls.

Those of you who have never played this will think I’ve lost the plot. I haven’t. It is all part of the game to make it entertaining and keep you working at it. Time easily adds up.

Might have a break over the weekend. I will see how I feel.

Have a good weekend. Enjoy yourself.

Ginette

Hi ginette,

Yes it’s amazing hours can fly by when you get on that machine.

We have had a delivery of logs today do I have had my exercise by helping move them to the wood store!

Have you tried the boxing on the wii fit, It gets harder as you progress, and the bicycle ride is very good when you unlock all the levels, it let’s you explore the island, I played on it for hours with my daughter one day, and I think we pretty much went everywhere, we ended up in a castle up in the mountains!

Whatever you get up to have a great weekend

Audrey

Hi Audrey

No I haven’t tried the boxing yet as my arms were aching from yesterday. I have got to the third take of the bike ride. About 23 flags to find in all. I think I was always missing one or two, I just ran out of steam. I am starting from the beginning so I have just done the thirteen. I have been in the castle bit as well. I will progress to the next stage soon. I know it takes ages to find them at the harder stages. It doesn’t seem as if you are moving much either but I suppose it is consistent. I like the fact that it gets more difficult on an incline. Whoever created this are very clever. They have thought them out really well.

Do you like rhythm parade. That is good. They haven’t got that in the latest version out Wi U which I also have. Sadly only a couple more exercises in the game variety. I haven’t tried any of the others like the yoga have you tried them? If I get down on the floor I find it difficult to get up.

I am aching a bit now so may give it a miss tomorrow, although once the bug bites it is tempting…..

You too have a nice weekend.

Fran

How are things with you today?

Ginette

Hi ladies,
    I’m typing this message from the comfort of my bed. I’ve spent the past several days being waited on hand and foot by my now grumbling but still accommodating hubby. I must admit to milking it somewhat, but what the heck, it isn’t often I get to bark orders at him, so I’m taking full advantage.
    My days have been spent sending emails to friends and relatives, taking long bubble baths, playing games on my iPad and, well you get the idea. The other benefit is quite obvious and actually is the main reason I’m feeling so good in spite of my injury, and that is, I’m fasting continuously. Now Ginette, don’t worry, my store of veggie soup is going rapidly, so I’m eatting some good stuff, not just tea and water. I just hope I don’t have to switch to store bought broth if I can’t make more soon. The attempts I’ve made to walk or even put weight on my foot have been difficult so moving around or going downstairs is still out of the question. I have a Doc’s appointment on Tuesday. I guess they figure I should be more mobile by then, so I’ll find out how I’m healing. I haven’t weighed myself since last Monday so it could be quite interesting when I do. Meanwhile,
    I hope all of you have a lovely weekend, and happy dieting to everyone.
    Fran 🙂

Thanks Jaye and Ginette,

I’m far from being skinny chops yet Lol! The sizes 12’s are far too tight to wear for any period of time, but I did get some size 14’s which are very comfortable, so I see that as one and a half jeans sizes (and just over a stone) down from my starting point!

My BMI is still 31, ie obese, so still some way to go, but am very motivated to keep going as can definitely see the benefits. Ginette your weight loss pattern is similar to mine, ie slow and steady. I’m now hovering tantalisingly just over the 12 stone mark and can’t seem to tip the scales under, but am happy that the overall trend is down and the jeans don’t lie!

Fran, hope you recover soon, and Audrey, well done on all that exercise! I am going to rejoin the local swimming pool now the weather is warming up, so hope that will speed things along.

All the best ladies,
    CC xxx

Hi chubby chops,
    well done for your weight loss, I too am losing nice and steadily except last week when I overdid things!

I have now got my bmi at 29 which means I am no longer obese just overweight and I must say it is lovely to reach this milestone.

Good look swimming

ginette
    keep up with the boxing that’s what has helped me tone up and lose my flabby arms!
    Audrey

Hi Audrey

Well done at getting down to overweight, I am waiting to get through these milestones myself. I am giving it a rest for a couple of days and will probably be back on there Monday. I need my body to recover from the unusual stresses and strains it has had.

The biggest loser game will arrive next week so I have plenty of exercise games not to be bored. I hope is as the review said pitched at your level. I shall soon find out. I would love to reduce arm size as I have blouses that are too tight around the sleeve so will carry on with the boxing.

I can feel skirts and tops getting looser so I know I have lost around bust, stomach and waist. Onwards and downwards!! Now hoping the boxing will help my arms. Why they should make blouses for overweight people with bigger measurements for bust and waist but not fitting around the hips who knows. Sadly I am not one of those slim legged peopke who can wear trousers either.

I know my nighties are looser and have got into ones that were uncomfortably tight at the beginning. That’s a nice feeling of achievement.

Must admit I am tempted to exercise for 10 mins but I know that will lead to temptation……one game leads to another, imagine feeling that about exercise, normally I would say that about chocolates or biscuits…how times have changed!

Chubby Chops

You are definetly Skinny Chops compared to me! Even at obese, you haven’t far to go to get into overweight. Keep up the good work.

Fran

I do hope that there is the benefit of you losing weight. At least something good will come out of it. Good old Hubby I’m giving him a gold star.

Try the jigsaw puzzles they are free apps or the scrabble if you are on facebook (I am but last went on there about three months ago) but if you are you can then play scrabble. This is a free app and helps keep your brain active. Really good as you can play with friends, random opponents, or against the computer. I found these were good for passing the time and still play with at least two of my friends regularly. I did enjoy the jigsaws as well. I got the ad free scrabble app as I played it so much. There is also Words with Friends similar to scrabble a bit cheaper to buy though. If you need names of the jigsaw app I will have a look. I can download a new lot of puzzles every month.

I hope you are soon back to soup making. It means you will be a little better. Did you get crutches?

Ginette

Hi all

I opened a new thread the other day. Wanted to let people see my record of weight loss week by week for the first 10 weeks. Join me and add yours, there are many people who read this forum a long time before joining. I thought that this might encourage them.

Thread link

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-82760

Ginette

Franee glad to hear you are in good spirits and kudos to your hubby for taking care of you!

Hi all,
    I have weighed in this morning and have lost another 2lb.

This makes my loss 1st 2lb since 7th of January.

I am now 1 and a half pounds off my 10%. I can also fit into my wedding suit now!

Hope you are all doing well.

Audrey

Hello all, just thought I would catch up here as i have not been active on the web for quite a while. Im a certain age for sure and started 5:2 immediately after Michael ran the programme on telly back in 2012. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that once you hit the big M you will put on weight. This appears to be as a result of a change in metabolism and even if you eat perfectly healthy food you will gain weight. If like me, you were already over eating then the amount you gain will be even more.

Over the years I had tried various diets and with all the usual other issues that life throws at you, elderly parents, children work etc I never really managed to deal with the root cause. IE that I was eating too much in a sedentary office job. Key point here is that losing weight when emotionally you may have other things going on is extremely hard. Particularly if you are also fairly inactive.

Despite that and a new determination, I lost 21lbs over the first 12-15 months through being mentally able to stick to the 500 cals on the 2 days AND scaling back on what i had be gorging on the other days. I’m lucky in that I don’t drink alcohol (apart from maybe 2-3 glasses a month) so keeping the calories down the rest of the time was not too difficult. Once you do start to lose the weight you are more likely to watch the non fasting days too.

Last year I had another emotional journey to deal with having lost my 2 dogs within 4 months of each other so gained another 7lbs. No doubt in my mind this is the loss of the daily walks along with not being so strict on the 2 days fasting – emotional comfort eating. I’m back on track with this and the weight is starting to shift again.

In all i would say that you have to be absolutely honest with yourselves about what you are eating / drinking and how active you are. If your joints hurt (like mine) they do improve once you shift the weight so its worth persevering.

Great to see the success stories here but do not be too hard on yourselves if you are struggling. Best advice i would say is be honest about your intake not just on the fasting days. When us ladies have to deal with the big M too unfortunately its all too easy to undo the good work on the other 5 days. Keep busy and try to be as active as you can, it will work!

Hi Audrey

Well done, it is lovely to lose 2lbs at once. I had to give boxing a rest over the weekend as I was enjoying it so much I ached for about 3 days.

Got my nunchuck now. I went on the Wii fit on Friday for 30 minutes and awake ith aching arms and legs the following day. I am now feeling better and will exercise a little today to see how it is tomorrow.

It was just using muscles I had forgotten I had. Not had a bad weekend with food and back on fast day. Thank goodness for the tea. I use this to fill me up through the day. Weather not as good feeling chilly indoors and so might start to get cold later when it would be a perfect tine to use exercise to warm me up.

Welcome back Maisie May

Support here is great and helps me through it. Let us now help you. I have a few stones to lose so a long time ahead. At the end I hope to be healthier and more active. So far so good. I have lost 1 stone on 5:2 so far since 10th January. I had also lost a stone since last May. The first stone I couldn’t see the difference, the last stone I could see it in my clothes. It is still not obvious to other people. Maybe the next stone will start to show it.

So Sorry to hear about your dogs. I lost two cats within about 6 months heartbreaking. About three months after I lost the first one I got another one to keep my remaining cat company as I was out at work for long days. Then when I lost the second one I did the same as the other one would walk around the house calling it was awful….don’t tell me they don’t grieve.

I got a kitten this time a little mischief maker. He is now well over a year and has calmed down a bit but not completely. I need to get the passage redecorated due to ripped wallpaper. It was due anyway I suppose. I shall wait until summer as he will be a bit older then and hopefully past that stage.

I am home much more as I was made redundant and my blood pressure went so high with the stress of it. Hence the 5:2 diet. My doctor won’t sign me off until it had come right down. I have managed to reduce it from dangerously high to high but it still needs to come down more. I hope the diet, exercise and weight loss will get me there in the end. It has made me feel more positive.

Good luck to you.

Ginette

Hi ginette,
    it seems we are very similar, I too am fasting today and have been on my wii fit stepping for England hehe, I have managed to increase my exercise time and I can now do 30 Mins before the leg starts hurting.

Maisey may,
    welcome back, as a owner of 2 dogs myself I can only sympathise with you on the loss of yours. I am so glad you are back on track and I hope that you will receive the help and support you need here.

Keep in touch and let me know if I can be of any support/help to you

Audrey

Hi Ladies,

I also lost my two dogs within a year of each other, that was about 2.5 years ago. Then I moved into a flat so no stairs. My weight started to increase quite quickly even though I was working until last March. The last 18mths though my back has been terrible and I put on 20lbs once I stopped working but I have so little exercise because of my mobility.

@ginette you are doing brilliantly on the wii, keep it up. Not been on the wii since Sarurday, sad about that as I was enjoying it but I feel too ill to work out. Self inflicted I know lol. No doubt some of you read about my debacle over the weekend in one of the other threads.

Hi @maisie, great reading your story, keep up the good work.

@audrey, wow wow wow lol well done, I bet the suit looks gorgeous. I’ve lost 10% now. The health benefits that go along with that are in itself great.

@frannie what’s the update with your foot and is your hubby 2 inches shorter now from all the running around lol.

@fastdiet @chubbychops hope you had good weekends.

Hi to everyone else.

Happy Fasting ladies, I’m not doing my usual Monday fast but I’ve barely eaten today.

Jaye

Fasting day for me today. Weight up 2 pounds but I know it is from the anti-inflammatories I’m taking for my sore back. I’m puffed up-fingers, feet, under eyes…not pretty.
    Need to start packing for our upcoming trip, leaving Wednesday. May only get 2 fast days this week with everything going on but that is fine. My goal was minimum of 2 and 3 when it worked with the schedule.
    Have a good start to your week everyone and welcome/welcome back to the joiners. I know there are lurkers out there too-join in!

Hi Jaye

Leave the Wii until you feel well again. You will soon get back into it. I only did half an hour today, that was enough for me. I am out tomorrow but I might try the other boxing game on Wii sports Wednesday and let you know what I think.

Hi Fastdiet

I hope your back gets better. Rotten to have aches and pains. I only have muscle niggles from exercise. This is why I take it slowly.

Well done on the 10% Audrey I got to mine last week. It feels good, now I am heading for 15%

As this diet is meant to average out 1lb a week I find it encoraging, not the yo yo diets of other methods I have tried in the past.

I know some weeks I may not the 1lb but last week I managed 2. Every once in a while it is once to get a 2lb loss. I can honestly say I am not restricting myself too much. I just am far more concious of what I am eating in calories and healthy food.

Fran

How are you? Hope you are on the mend.

Ginette

Hi all,
    Today I ventured downstairs for the first time in over a week, and I weighed in down 2 lbs. Now for a third week weigh in this would be cause for celebration, but considering I’ve been unable to eat anything other than the meager meals the old boy has presented me with, it’s a bit of a disappointment. Still I’m down over 12 lbs in three weeks so I’m actually pretty proud of my progress so far. Today, I ate normally and did not overdo, about 1200 calories. Mind, the day is not over yet but I feel confident my food intake is. It seems to be getting easier as the days go by to not destroy my progress with any bingeing or overeating in general. But,
    I’m off to visit my daughter in Burlington ( that’s Ontario Canada not the UK. ) I’m taking the train along with my step-mother to visit my daughter Michelle and her family. I almost regret the fact that Michelle is a superb cook and in all likelihood I won’t be leaving there on Easter Sunday without a few extra pounds packed on in a single weekend. This will actually be my first big test. I’ll keep you posted. I hope all of my fellow ” women of a certain age” buddies will have a wonderful Easter, free from temptation, and that we’ll all come through this weekend having not gained any unwanted lbs. Keep up the fight Ladies!!!!

Fran 🙂 🙂

Hi
    I am only 10 days in and yesterday was my third fasting day. I have only lost 1 and half lbs…given the feeling of total starvation yesterday I did expect more. I have always been the one at every diet class that only lost 1/2 lb a week when others were losing 4-5 lbs a week. I did hope this diet would be different at least show some big results for the first week.

Hi Ladies…you all seem a very jolly lot! Just started this diet…well in first week anyway. Will be around for a long while no doubt as lots to lose!You all seem to be doing really well. Shopping day for me today, always difficult as I do like a ‘shopping treat’ on the way home for doing it!! LOL. All the best to you all!

Hi…I am in my first week too…and have done two fasting days. I try to make them even more effective, or at least less difficult by making them my busiest days both physically and mentally. I hope to burn off more as well as make the day go quicker! The dogs get a much longer walk, the hardest bit of housework is done those days, and the most boring and time consuming paperwork…that I have been putting off for a while, all seems to help a bit! Good luck!

Welcome to ameliasgran and India,
    you both sound like you are off to a good start and have managed your first fast days quite well.

India I too now have a VERY clean home i look at it as an added benefit to this way of life, I clean everything in site on my fast days and my poor dogs keep moving in case they get cleaned too!
    ameliasgran, don’t be disheartened by your 1.5 lb loss, I started on 5 2 in January and average 1.5 lb loss each week (sometimes less/more) and I am now down by 16 lbs. This isn’t a quick fix diet but it works for me and I am sure it will for you too if you stick with it.

ginnette I am trying out let’s dance on my wii today, I am babysitting my granddaughter so we can do it together I will let you know how it goes.

Hi all,

More good news to report (also posted on the ‘Brits’ stream so apologies if I’m repeating myself, but I want to shout it out!!!!)

Just hopped onto my metric scales this morning and today they read 76.1kg… A quick Google search tells me this is 11st 13.7 pounds, so have finally broken through the 12st barrier!!!

My BMI is now down to 30.9 so not far from only overweight rather than obese! Well chuffed.

Take care and hope the scales are as kind to everyone else today
    CHubby Chops
    (Aka Gill) xxx

Morning Ladies,

Welcome @india and @Amelisagran

@Amelisagran, just to reiterate what Audrey said, please don’t be upset by a small loss. This is not a miricle diet but it is a way of life that is sustainable and you will lose weight on it. The fact you have first stopped gaining, then lost is already success in action so keep going. Keep an eye on your TDEE on none fasting days and see if you are really staying under them. I keep my sugars to a minimum and my carbs, but that’s just my preference. Please keep going, you will see changes and even small losses make up a big one in time.

@india, great thinking with your housework and busy days. Have you thought about having a none food treat for doing the shopping? A magazine, new lipstick or nail colour. A nice candle to use while you have a bath, a luxuary bottle of bath bubbkes etc? All things you can pick up while you are doing your grocery shop. Sometimes we just have to think of other ways to ‘treat’ ourselves without sabotaging ourselves. We are all trying to change habits and food association to some degree. I give myself pamper treats now, not a slice of cake lol. That’s not to say once in a while that i font have a food treat.

@Franee great news you are up and about. I’ll be honest I think considering you have only been lying around it’s fantastic to have lost 2lbs! Plus, look how much you have lost altogether, it’s brilliant, do well done for not feeling sorry for yourself stuck in bed that you didn’t resort to stuffing in comfort food lol. I hope you have a great trip, just remember that if you do gain over the weekend you know just how to take it off next week!

@audrey, have lots of fun with your Granddaughter and the dance mat lol. I so want to see pics!

@chubbychops… i’m stalking you lol. Well done!

I’m still not feeling great. Not eating much but canned soups and toast are adding up in my TDEE. I’ve veen told by the pharmacist to up my carbs for a couple of days and drink some full sugar Lucozade

Hi Amelia’s gran

My weight loss has always been slow at other slimming clubs, I also would lose for a couple of weeks sometimes only half a pound and then put on a little. I have not put on at all in 10 weekson 5:2. No weight gains is in itself a bonus. Check your TDEE as suggested. I always log the weight two days after last fast day as this is when it seems to show up for me.

I started this thread where I chart my 10 week weight loss week by week. You will see there is a week when I didn’t lose and this was followed by four weeks of just 1lb. An average of a 1lb a week is standard weight loss on 5:2. Some people lose more and obviously some people less.

Here is the link to the other thread

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/my-10-week-weight-loss-week-by-week/#post-82923

I didn’t really have any exercise, now I have a little. I hope this tones me up and also helps my health. I tend to lose better when exercising as I am obviously burning a few more calories I also find it changes my eating habits as it makes me less likely to want sweet treats.

You will also be gaining all of the long term health benefits that come with doing 5:2. Stick with it and record your measurements as well. Sometimes the weight isn’t lost but inches are. You clothes will soon let you know

Fran

Really good news that you have lost 2lb, have a good weekend and look after yourself. Chart your weight loss and then you can see how well you have done.

Well done Chubby chops

I went under my target by a quarter of a lb and that felt good. I am hoping to make it to a whole lb under this week and then towards my next target 6 3/4 pounds away for the moment. Great to be nearly in the overweight range a real milestone.

Hi India and welcome. Lucky dogs, benefitting from longer walks and also a nice clean house. Must make you feel good. I’ll be around for a while as well.

Audrey what a lovely thing to do with your granddaughter, how old is she? Let me know how you get on. I have got quite a few on the go now.

I have just received the biggest loser challenge today. I did read the instruction book and you can choose to do it with or without a balance board. It has a 30 minute intro and depending on how well you do it will set exercise level for you. Also if you don’t make it through the 30 minutes and finish early it will still set your level. There is one level for people who haven’t exercised in a long time. I hope I get this one, if not I see that I will have the option to change it to this one.

Tempted to try it today but as I am going out this afternoon I think I have to hold off until tomorrow.

Jaye

Boy have you got it bad. I know what you mean about the lucozade but I think having the break is good. Hopefully it will get your body back to normal. I wish you a speedy recovery.

Ginette

Hi Ladies,

My balance board for the wii has arrived #EXCITED! However, I don’t know if ot works lol. Only after bidding on eBay (there was seconds left to get my bid in) did i read the description. ‘Found this in the loft of a house I moved into, might not work so selling for parts’. LOL!

I’ve called the local game shop who are keeping hold of a used wii fit and wii fit plus games for me. I’ve eaten and had a shower, feel quite a bit more normal. Friend arriving with Lucozade later and we are going together to get the games. It will be nice to get out and we can park very close. Fingers crossed! I’ll keep you posted as to if it works. If you don’t hear back I’ve probably fallen off the board snow boarding and got wedged somewhere :-s

What have you got me into Ginette lol.

Jaye

What great news Jaye

It is so good that you are feeling better.

So pleased balance board has FINALLY turned up. Wi fit plus I believe has all the games that wi fit plus has on it. It is just that wii fit plus has more. Check this out but I am sure I read both before I bought the Wii fit plus.

Let us know how you get on. It the beginning you have to imput all your details and make your Mii if you haven’t got one.

I warn you Fit piggy can be a bit cheeky. When you do over so much exercise it changes colour. My fit age at the moment is 8 years under my real age.

Yesterday I did Pin ball, Bird, running and obstacle course. I did boxing on Cardio boxing 30 minutes in total. Today I am having lunch and then going out.

It is nice to to the games with a friend. You will really laugh at some of them. I am sure you are pleased that you have got it.

Good luck, I expect a progress report. I now log my exercise in a diary that I was given for Christmas. I didn’t know what to do with it as I use diary on iPad or iPhone for everything else. At least I have found a use for it. Nice to look back on.

Enjoy yourself.

Ginette

My Wii Fit plus with balance board arrived a few days ago. I love it. Mind you the trainer is worried I am losing weight too quickly. That’s just because it is a liquids only day today.
    My favourites up to now are the Kung Fu and jogging, chasing the cat. As you warned us Ginette, very addictive.

Good afternoon ladies,
    well I have a very good but extremely exhausting day with ruby my 4 yr old granddaughter.
    We have danced numerous times to the shoop shoop song, on my wii if I hear it’s in his kiss once more I will scream, we have also baked some banana bread, sang songs from frozen, dressed up like elsa (also frozen), played shop, drawn pictures, danced some more, played ball with the dog and had lunch and afternoon snacks!

luckily I had the sense to put the slow cooker on first thing so tea was chilli and salad. I am now ready for bed.

Hope you all had a good day.

I meant to ask you all does anybody else struggle sleeping on fast days and feel cold? I know headaches are common but feel sure I can’t be the only one to have these other symptoms.
    I have also noticed that the day after my fast day I don’t really feel hungry, I feel starving on fast day come bedtime but next morning I really don’t want to eat. Is this normal?

Just joined this forum and there’s a wealth of information here! I am in my 60’s and started my first fast day last Thursday. I am going to do Tuesday and Thursday and see how it goes. Ideally would like to lose a stone over time as this will just bring me back to a healthy BMW.

Hi stillvisable and welcome to the forum. My fast days are Tuesdays and Thursdays too. I started the 5:2 the first week in January and have lost just under a stone!

I find the 5:2 to be the most realistic and sustainable way to lose weight. I have got another 7lb to lose then I am going to do 6:1 and see it it stays off!

Good Luck and let us know how you are getting on.

SukeyA

Hi,

I feel the cold terribly, especially in my hands and feet, but but probably always have done so can’t say for sure that it is worse on fast days. I did see a comment somewhere that said the body generates heat when it is digesting food, so that may be an explanation?

Like you I don’t feel hungry in the mornings either, and in fact since I started this lifestyle I’ve found I can now go without breakfast very easily. I very rarely have any now, and I’m sure that is helping with my weight loss.

Cheers,
    CCx

Thanks chubby chops glad to know I am not odd! I feel absolutely freezing when fasting can’t seem to get warm at all!

Welcome stilvisible have a look at some of the posts there is a lot of information on here. You will get a lot of support on your journey that’s for sure. Keep in touch.

SukeyA well done on your weight loss 7 lb to go you must be feeling amazing!

SO glad I found this thread. I’m 52. I was doing great last year before the holiday. Can’t seem to get myself back on the wagon. I just started walking in the morning again. I need to start cooking and tracking my food. I feel so pudgy right now.

Enough of my whining. So glad I found you all!

JJ

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.