HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,451 through 4,500 (of 7,330 total)

• Happy Sunday Ladies.

None fast day for me but going to have a sensible day.

Went for dinner last night, ordered 8oz steak with veg and a jacket potato (trying to stay away from the sweet potato fries) which although have more vist and roughage and taste great, actually is the same calorie for calorie to a potatoe. Still better for you with a low GI to boot. Anyway, they didn’t have jacket potatoes left 🙁 so I went for the fries. Meal arrived, no fries and my ‘rare’ steak was med/well. I sent it back lol and got a delicious juicy rare steak. I was starving as I had very little food throughout the day because I wanted to drink. I’d also fasted 3 days. So I skipped the fries, had 5 off my friends lol. I also drank a whole bottle of Prosecco – yum and….. 2 glasses of white wine. Good job I didn’t get the fries lol. I thouroughly enjoyed it.

Now normally when I come home from dinner and drinking I walk right to the kitchen and get sonething to eat. I know, crazy! It’s force of habit plus alcohol makes me ravenious. However, yeah for me. I didn’t eat a thing. I can not tell you when I last did that, years and years.

So things that fasting seem to literally be auto correcting for me and huge steps in the right direction of over coming life long held bad habits, so far have been in these past 6 weeks:

Going to the movies and eating NOTHING.
    Coming home from a night out and eating NOTHING
    Going for coffee with friends who are eating cake and eating NOTHING
    Having my evening meal and afterwards, eating NOTHING
    Understanding what real hunger is and what emotional eating is and that I can ignore it, not feed it
    Cutting sugar back to 6 teaspoons (24g) a day
    Eating weetabix with NO sugar. Ive gone from…. 1.5 dessert spoons of sugar to 1 this last year and today had it without and it was fine.
    Seeing food as fuel and not just treats or something to do or out of habit. That I don’t have to eat to be social and if I do it doesn’t have to be bad food.
    I feel completely empowered
    I feel the great benefits of losing a stone quite quickly which spurs me on
    I’ve started basic exercise on the wii.
    I can walk a bit further, stand a bit longer
    And when I do have something that is very high in calories I make a conscious decision, do I want it, if so enjoy it! But most of the time I say, no thanks.

So all in all, so far my new life on Fast Diet is really proving to be creating a new life for me. I am happier, laughing again, feeling nice, not emotionally hungry all the time and not finding fast days too difficult. In fact I quite like the challange, it’s a great euphoria not eating.

Monday is my first fast day of the week, good luck everyone. And if you stumble, don’t berate yourself just get back to it.

Annette

Have you tried Strawberries in wine. I had them years ago keep in the fridge overnight I remembered then adding a little sugar to bring the taste out, if I addedd anything now it would be stevia. I would keep the strawberries whole that is cut up, but not juice only that way they have the goodness still in them, if you remember on the program they say pure juice isn’t so good for you. Not sure about the wine though but one in a while………….the wine tastes delicious…..

I have a homemade yogurt maker I knew someone who thought it would be a good idea. That way you can sweeten with stevia or any other artificial sweetners and have whatever you want in it.

Sad to say I have never user it. I got it from a car boot sale, maybe I will dust it off sometime.

Fell off the wagon a bit this weekend, due to a serious of unexpected events. Need to climb firmly back on for my fast day Monday.

Ginette

Well done Jaye

I am SO impressed.

You must have been writing yours as I was writing mine, I missed it until it came through on email.

Check out my bit on the other thread there are a lot of links to explain the exercises in Wii fit plus. I really am so pleased that you have all of this under control. It gives hope to others.

We can modify those bad habits, and pick up good ones too.

The link to the other thread below:

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/mid-fifties-just-starting-and-hoping-to-lose-weight-yet-again/page/6/#post-81584

Have a nice Sunday all.

Ginette

Hi everybody
    I am back home from Wales, I have had a brilliant weekend away,but unfortunately we had an Indian takeaway last night that was absolutely lovely but I dread to think how many calories I ate, but I really did enjoy it so I will try to remember that when I weigh in tomorrow.
    Welcome to all the newcomers it was good to come home and catch up on what you have all been up to, we are getting to be quite a friendly group aren’t we.
    Would you believe it there is an ice cream van parked outside my front window playing “green sleeves”! I will not be tempted I will not be tempted….
    I will sign off now but will check in tomorrow to let you all know what damage the take away did to my weight loss.
    Hope you are all doing better than me!
    Audrey

Jaye-that is nice to see a change in long standing behaviors!
    Ginette-sorry you had a rough patch; as you know, look forward and carry on.

3rd fast day yesterday for me went well. Think I will definitely do 3 days each week when ever feasible. Golf today with hubby and temporary bachelor friends (wives out of town); they’re all coming over for burgers and booze after. Good thing it’s a feed day, huh?

Audrey-love Indian food; we have 1 place here and thankfully it is really good and authentic.

Happy Sunday everyone!

Welcome back Audrey

I have a fast day tomorrow and have already weighed food ready. Leftovers at dinner today as well, it was a delicious cottage pie. It will now have to keep until Tuesday.

Have a good fast day everybody.

Ginette

Thanks fast diet 115

It has got a bit smoother now. At least I feel I am control, Fast diet has helped me do that.

Morning ladies,
    I have been on the scales and the news is not as bad as it could have been but I have put on half a pound.
    I am really annoyed with myself because I was doing do well and my 2 fast days feel like a waste of time now.

Ginette I am going to join in with you and double my resolve for this week, how far off 10% loss are you? I am 3 and half pounds.

Fast diet 1115 and jaye you are both doing amazingly well carry on the good work.

Fran how are you doing? Hope all is well.

Keep in touch and good luck everyone for this week

Audrey

Good news,

Just had phone call from hospital the mole was benign just need leg to heal now and I can start exercising again, Dr says 2 – 3 months.

Audrey

Great news audreyg! Happy fasting everyone x

Bonjour from Burgundy

I’ve not been participating with my posts lately, but I’ve been reading everyone else’s on this thread. You sound like a supportive group of ladies.

I too watched the BBC programme ‘The Truth About Sugar’ and found it very informative and the results of the four participants were excellent proving that reducing sugar intake does help to lose weight and improve our health.

Personally I know that if I eat a sweet biscuit or piece of cake (however small) my cravings continue throughout the day – one day last week I actually consumed 2000 calories just in ‘comfort foods’, the feeling was overwhelming but I never actually felt satisfied.

I noted on the programme the comment that fresh fruit does not need to be included in
    counting the grams of sugar! Not sure how that works as 100g of grapes has 16 grams of sugar! 4 teaspoons!

Also as a keen tea drinker (usually decaf. Red Bush) I enjoy a splash of semi-skimmed milk – no mention was made on the sugars in milk. I checked and I usually allow 100 ml of milk/day and this amount contains 5 g of sugar. Also I occasionally have porridge, made with milk. Great news there is no sugar in the oats but by adding 150 ml of milk I am adding 7g of sugar. IT DOESN’T TAKE LONG TO GET TO THE 24g or 6 TEASPOONS PER DAY.

I’ve always read packets but mainly to see the calorie content and fats, but now reading the sugar contents has been quite an eye-opener. Some foods are full of sugars whereas others that I might have expected to be were not, which just proves that we need to check every packet/jar.

As a point of interest a diabetic friend told me that when he looks at the guide on packets if there are 4g or less of sugar per 100g he is ok to eat that product.

At the moment I am concentrating on reducing the sugars I eat and will get back to fasting soon.

A bientot
    Femme

Just a quick footnote to my previous post:

if a packet states that the product contains, say, 24g of carbohydrate, but makes no mention of the sugar content –

simply divide the 24 by 4 which will give you the amount of sugar – in this case there would be 6 tspns in the product.

Femme

Well done Audrey. I think that you will get there before me as I have about 7 stone seems a mammoth task (excuse the word) I think of it in half a stone targets. I want to get to 3 targets by summer. Which part of summer I don’t mind. As long as I get there….

Ginette,

I am making lots of little targets too, they are easier to aim for, I have another 2 stone to go, I tried on my wedding outfit last week and it zipped up, another half stone and it should fit perfectly. Hope my daughter appreciates all this effort.

Hope your fast day is going well, I am sure you will get there in the end.

Audrey

Hi everyone,

My second weigh in went surprising well considering I’ve struggled a bit this week. I’m down 3.5 lbs since Mar 15. On Friday I went for my first physio session and came away feeling like someone was trying to grip my hips in a vise. After a couple of hours I felt a tiny bit better so desided to walk the dog. Lacey may weigh only 10’lbs but she’s sure got me beat in strength. My poor old joints just weren’t up to moving at her preferred pace. Sadly this brought our walk to an early end. So, returned home and I’m proud to say, didn’t rush to the fridge first, just made a cup of herbal tea and sank down onto the sofa.

On Saturday I made a huge pot of veggie soup. This was going to be my fast days dinner as well as a first course for my non fast days night time meal. As it turned out, I polished most of it off on my fast day, thereby making my fast day ( for some dumb reason, I’d chosen Saturday to be a fast day) become a non fast day and changing my fast day to Monday ( today) . I’m not going to dwell on my inability to stick to it on fast days. What I’ve decided to do is simply keep reminding myself why I’m doing this in the first place. And that’s to regain my ability to function pain free in my daily life and also to not literally kill myself by means of food. My whole mindset needs overhauling and I’m going to ensure I don’t let this opportunity pass by. I can’t allow myself to continue using my future surgery be the excuse to not do well during this waiting time.With this in mind I’m planning on being successful today and each and every fasting day from here on.

So of course, I wish all you lovely ladies a wonderful day, be it a fasting day or not.

Fran

Good news Audrey! And congrats Franee on the 3.5 pounds! Hope you have a successful fast day today-I know you will!!
    I lost a pound last week with 3 fast days so I’m pleased after a 6 week stall previously on my low carb diet.
    Piggie day yesterday with lots of booze too-way over TDEE but the scale looked favorable this morning so…

Fast day today for me.

Gosh I am having a hard fast day today.

I am on my 2nd day back to back and am really struggling I keep looking at the clock to see if it’s late enough to go to bed but it’s still too early.

On the plus side I got the polti steamer out and passed on a couple of hours by steam cleaning whatever I could find, both dog’s kept moving so I wouldn’t spray them! The house is now gleaming, and I am one very tired and hungry lady.

Hope everyone else is doing ok. It’s now nearly quarter past 7 still early I suppose I could have a long hot bath then go to bed…

Audrey

Hi Ladies,

Oh so many posts sine I was on here Saturday! I have the memory of a goldfish so apologies now if I don’t mention particular posts. All of which were interesting!

To all of you struggling, take that as. MASSIVE POSITIVE, why, because you are trying! You are not throwing in the towel. Let’s face it asking overweight people to starve themselves all day is quite a ridiculous thing, isn’t it… But, we are doing it! Some days are harder than others, life just gets in the way sometimes let’s face it!

So glad to hear the test were benign for whoever had that scare!

Ginetter, I have my strawberries in my alcohol lol.

Sugars in fruit react differently in our bodies as they are combined with fibre therefore the sugar isn’t anything like refined sugar.

Well I feel fat today! I think because I had a stressful day. I also feel bloated which is strange because yesterday on a normal day I only ate about 1150 cals, I can have about 2030.

Anyway, I have strangely got through my fast day no problem, I know… You’d think I would have started eating because I feel ‘fat’ today. But I just haven’t. I have gained 1lb for my sins on Saturday, good job I threw in a 3rd fast last week! So I was back to 17.1lb this morning. Fingers crossed I will push that back again by the morning.

Audrey I hope you get to bed without eating Anything, you can do it!!!

Who had the Indian – yum! That is the best way to do it. Make a conscious decision to have some of the things you like here and there. We won’t stick to this for life if we treat it as a diet or a sentence. We have to adapt it to our lives. I also have some of the foods I love and why not!?

To all the posts I didn’t mention, well done to those that lost, keep on keeping on to those that are struggling

Jaye

Had a good fast day-no difficulties; 480 cals
    Keep on keepin’ on, everyone!

Hello all. I’m 30 and I’ve been heavy my life. The only time I think in which I was skinny was when I was still little. When I started working I gain more weight and I find it hard to lose weight. I mean as a woman in particular, I feel lazy going to the gym or just do simple exercise at home. Its just lately that I realize that must take action and I must lose weight. So i research the web of what the best plan or program should I use to keep me going and never get tired exercising. Until I fund this program that I’m currently using (hope to share it with you all). Still doing it and I’m heading towards healthy living.

Thank you all for your nice stories.

Thanks for all your support, I managed to get through yesterday’s difficult fast day without giving in and I now feel fantastic for doing so.

It is nice to know there are other people going through the same trials with me and I am not alone.

Audrey

What great news Audrey. I am so pleased for you, it must have been a terrible worry.

Welcome Sexy Lady

This does work as you will know by the many stories here.

Good luck there are lots of people to encourage you here.

Many of us have a few stones to lose so don’t despair.

Jaye

We all have feeling fat days. Let’s hope a thinner one comes along soon.

The feeling you have is maybe just being a bit bloated and will soon pass.

Fast diet well done. I had about the same. The cat pinched some of my weighed brocolli……hooked it out of the saucepan when I was in the other room answering the phone. I won’t make the mistake not to cover it up again.

Audrey

I can’t manage back to backs, I have a day in between, this gets them over quickly but allows me to seat normally for the day in between. It is whatever works for you that counts.

Fran

WELL DONE. You are really getting the hang of it. How is your sister doing? There are some days that are more difficult than others. You are doing the right thing though if you don’t suceed in what you planned as a fast day just do another one.

Hi Femme Anglais

Glad you can get English TV in Burgundy. It was a really interesting program.

I had a really hectic day, lots of unexpected things happening and I had to go out for most of the day. You will be pleased to know that I took my uncooked vegetables and chicken with me. So I still managed to stick to it.

Planned exercise yesterday but spent about an half an hour walking around the hospital to find someone and then the evening running up and down stairs after them. So this will have to count as exercise.

Have a good day all of you who are fasting.

Morning Ladies

@audrey, well done, we all knew you could do it! Gold star for you!

Have to admit I was getting hungry by bedtime but I stayed up till 12. I wasn’t prepared food wise yesterday, not like me but just didn’t get to the supermarket on Saturday. So had to make do (usually I have a 350 cal meal from Asda that has fresh veg, sauce and a little bit of chicken). I took a chicken Breast out the freezer (usually anything I put in the freezer leavers there 3 months later for the bin lol) cut some off it to make a smaller portion, but cooked it all in a foil parcel with green beans, I put some frozen peas in at the end. I put the extra cooked chicken in the fridge. I had a lovely 200g sweet potato with it. I wrap in a few sheets of wet kitchen roll, cook for 5/6 mins in the microwave, finish off on high in the oven right on the rack for 5 mins. The smell is fantastic as the skin caramelised-yum! 500 cals done. Lol

Today I’m down 1.5lbs so feel less fat and bloated lol. I feel great actually. I’m back to the weight I was when I was working. I’m taking weekly pics so that I can see myself shrinking!

@sexylady, are you not doing the fast diet? I like you call yourself sexy even though you have gained weight! I’m the same my mantra is ‘Confidence is what makes a women sexy’. Men will agree. I started this diet because I was losing my confidence at the weight I was.

Eating day for me and I’m out a lot today. Not going to have desserts though, will stick to my skinny cappuccino as something delicious but not damaging and will stay under my cals.

Have a great day everyone, keep trying and if you don’t do great today try to do just a littke better tomorrow!

Jaye

Hi Jaye

Just looked TDEE up again on this site quite a bit over 2000 and also checked the other site and it came out at 1800

I had read on this forum somewhere if you are not losing weight maybe this site sets in too high so I checked on the other site suggested my forum members.

Here is the link to the other site.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/calorie-calculator/itt-20084939

Hi, I am 59. I have been doing this diet for 16 months. I had a goal of 100 lbs to lose. I lost 38 lbs in the first six months, without exercising mush. Then it leveled off so I joined a health club and started exercising 5 days a week. Since then I have lost another 47 lbs, so I am almost there.

I’ve gone from a size 22 to a size 10. All I do is this diet and exercise. No pills, no surgery. I am pretty impressed with myself because I really did not believe I had the will power to do it. I don’t get much variety on my fast days, but that’s okay. I am living alone, so I just eat a lot of Eggbeaters, light Greek yogurt and Progresso Light soups on diet days, on other days, I don’t eat as much as I used to, but don’t really pay that much attention.

Thanks kattrask

it really helps me and I know some of the others also to hear from people who have lost all or most of there weight. It gives us the encouragement to carry on. Well done for sticking with it you should be very proud of yourself.

Thanks for letting us know it works!

Audrey

Wow kattrask, well done! I have to admit, I don’t know what eggbeaters are but anyway, amazing achievement.

Kattrask-fantastic, you should be really proud of what you have accomplished!!!
    Ginette, cats like broccoli-who knew? LOL

Golfing today, regular eating day which for me is 1500-1700 cals, low carb. Have a good one everyone, fasting or not.

Hi kattrask

Well done. You give all of us with that amount of weight to lose hope. I thought that your first six months was impressive. Like applepie I am not sure what an eggbeater is. The only one I know is a whisk…… No matter how hungry I get I couldnt eat one of these.

Fastdiet no they don’t eat broccoli ony fish it out to play with. I did have a cat thato we sweetcorn though.

Well done again a brilliant achievement!

@kattrask!!! WOW, you go girl! I’ve no real plan to get that low – but I never thought I’d lose a stone so…. I’m worried about my face lol because I don’t work out like you. Without the exercise I might get too saggy, but maybe that’s just me seeing too many shows about women that end up having lots of skin left. But they are way bigger than us, but I’m 26/28 and it’s all in my middle. I’d be happy at a 16/18 but…. If I get there and my skin is looking ok I will keep going. Fantastic achievement. Gives us all the inspiration to believe we can be slim!

@ginette, thanks for checking on the TDEE but since I do my weight chart here I am going with the amounts set out here. I never reach my TDEE. Today, and I had a Costa toastie for Dinner, I have 600 cals left. So there is no way I’m going over. I had breakfast out too. Only Saturday’s I go over because I drink.

Hope everyone is having, had a great day.

To anyone suffering with mobility problems that are compounded by their extra weight which I am. Today for the first time in many months Ive been to Liverpool 1 and managed to potter around. I’ve only lost 16lbs but it’s obviously helping

Fasting tomorrow, anyone joining me, good luck.

Hi Jaye

That is my TDEE I was checking. I am sure you have it worked out if you are losing.

Just think what your arm muscles will be like with all that boxing. Sadly no nunchuck arrived today.

Had a calorie laden day today, fell into all kinds of traps. Fast day tomorrow so back on track.

Hi everyone,
    yesterday I got my wii out and managed to do 20 Mins steps. Not much compared to what I was doing before the leg op but a start.

I think today I am going to try a quick box with “bob” my trainer on my wii fit!

Another fast day for me let’s hope it’s better than the last one, I already have 2 bowls of minestrone soup out ready in fridge!

Good luck to all of you fasting with me keep in touch.

Audrey

Hi everyone, haven’t posted in a very long time, but am feeling very despondent lately as my weight loss has stalled.

My journey began in sept 2013, started at 73kgs with waist of 84, and high cholesterol, size 16 since September last year am down to between 58/59 kgs waist is 74, cholesterol a little better now size 12 sometimes 10 depending on shop!
    My problem now is the weight loss has stalled, my goal was 56 kgs but obviously I am eating too much, I am finding my feast days I seem to be very very hungry, and could easily eat all day, I still have two fast days a week of 500 cals in one evening meal, I do fast exercise 3 times a week on cross trainer ( have bad knees so am limited to other types of exercise) fast becoming very despondent with the whole thing

By the way am 53 coming up to 54

Hi Audrey, well done on your exercise, remember your leg is still recovering so don’t overdo things. Boxing is the way to go. Is this the Wii fit trainer who does this? I have never used that part. Mostly as I couldn’t do the leg exercises and if I got down on the floor with my bad knee I would have trouble getting up.

Punch out has just arrived. If I can do that with two remotes I will give it a go later. After two hectic days I just need to relax for a bit.

Hi Nellups

Well done on your weight loss so far. You should be really pleased with yourself. Those last few pounds are hard to lose, that has always been the way. Just keep on and maybe add another form of exercising and they will go, just think of them hanging on in there for dear life!

Good luck and let us know how you do.

Ginette

Hi ginette,
    I realised after I posted what I had said, I have the wii fitness coach cardio workout, and that is what I box on. There is a boxing workout on the wii fit but I soon outgrew him.

I know it seem silly that a woman of 57 enjoys boxing but I really really love it! “bob” did tell me off this morning because he hasn’t seen me around for a while though which amused me. Simple things amuse simple minds…

Enjoy your boxing.

Audrey

Hi Audrey

I started that but found it painfully slow. Maybe I am just in the training mode. Did you find this at first? I must give it another go.

Any advice appreciated.

Ginette

Hi ginette
    it is indeed slow until you get out of the training mode, but once through that it is great if you want a quick workout.

I turn it on tell “bob” what sort of workout I want light, regular or hardcore and he works one out for me. You can choose your own if you prefer.

Just did a light workout today and it took 15 Mins, was enough for me for now. Hardcore ones last about 45 Mins or so with a warm up.

You can earn “gold”to spend in the shop so you can buy outfits for your avatar or trainer I am sporting a very fetching pink sparkly outfit at the moment hehe. There is also a punch diary and calender so you can keep track of your workouts.

There are lots of different levels and it gradually gets harder as you progress through.

I bought mine 2nd hand at a games shop and I love it. Hope this helps.

Audrey

Ginette
    I forgot to say please let me know what you think of punch out thanks

Audrey

Thanks Audrey

I know that this is usually the case.

I will stick with it then and let you know when I am about of this mode.

I have ordered a new nunchuck and I need that for punch out as well so I will go back to cardio for the time being and do my apprenticeship. I have just ordered biggest loser challenge second hand. That way I can have a change around. I read a really good review on it. It does a 30 minute induction and then puts you at your fitness level……I wonder if they have one for very unfit. Apparently they have lots of different exercises so I will give a review on this at a later date. It takes a while to explore all of the game.

At least I should get fit learning it.

One word of warning to all of you using the Wii. It is easy to overdo things and strain muscles you didn’t know you had. They recommend to do a warm up including stretches and cool down. I must say I can appreciate the warm up, but cool down,,,,,not sure about this.

My osteopath says he now sees a lot of people with Wii strains. I haven’t needed to see him for a few years and although he is very nice, I don’t wish to see him any time soon.

Ginette

Hi Nellups, firstly congratulations on your weight loss, well done!! I am a little older than you and I think the older we get it is more difficult to lose weight. We just have to try that little bit harder. I add in a liquids only day most weeks and it works for me. Black coffee, herbal tea, water with fresh lemon juice etc, you get the picture and then a big treat for tea, a mug of bovril. I find I am less hungry on my liquids day than I am on the normal eating days. Might be worth a try?

Good luck and happy fasting!

LOL, eggbeaters (at least here in US) are liquid eggs bought in a cardboard jug, like a milk box.
    Hope all is well today for everyone. I’m a bit hungry this morning…it’s a fast day so I’m sipping on my coffee with cinnamon and unsweetened almond milk. Will be fine. Gotta work I think on my eating days intake; I know supposedly it can be whatever but I’m trying for 1500-1700 depending on exercise. Seems to consistently hitting 1800-2000.

Hi Fastdiet

I thought you world like that. My second fast day today and I am going to have dinner soon. Oh joy so not long to go before tomorrow, the wonderful thing about it is looking forward to the next day. Whatever fancies I have today I can have tomorrow. I normally find I don’t need them then.

My fancy today is melon and the watercress I have just bought to go in my sandwich. All of this I can have tomorrow, I don’t veer of the path today as it is already worked out and counted. I will also include a nice vine tomato. Can’t wait….

Keep filling up with water or allowed drinks if you are hungry, the feeling soon passes.

Hi all

There is a program on tomorrow on BBC.

The truth about calories it is on at 9 pm

Here is a link that can tell you a little about it.

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/diets/565570/The-problem-with-counting-calories

Ginette

Thanks ginette,
    I can’t fit it on sky box tomorrow but it is repeated on Sunday at 4pm if anybody else is struggling like me.

Evening ladies,

Almost the end of a seconf fast day for me and Ginette, mine has gone well, thankfully I’ve yet to have a bad one.

I went to mert in friend in Costa, decided to have sparkling water as I had my only meal, dinner already counted up. I eat once at 8pm. I was FREEEEZING in Costa! Asked the guy to turn down the air con, it’s bloody winter fgs! Still didn’t help, but my eyes stopped drying up lol. Then asked him to put the heater on, then asked for a hot mug of water lol… Went the loo before zi left and hoped to wash my hands in hot water. No such bloody luck, it was freezing lol. Got home, put the kettle on, put groceries away and had a Ginger & Lemon tea with a wedge of fresh kemon in it. Finally warmed me up. I was recalling on the way home some people had said they get cold on fast days. My first one but it was after the sun went down.

Anyhow…. My tummy is pleasently full and I have 100 cals left. I may have some fruit if I need it before 10.

Scale was down again today, hoping it will be tomorrow. I have a bit of swings and roundabouts due to my fast days being Monday/Wednesday but I drink on Saturdays. Perhaps I should go Saturday to Sunday, not monday to Sunday on my week start and end lol. I take Thursday as my weigh in day.

Another good week for me, still finding my other days so much easier to eat well compared to how I was before fasting.

I have a dress I bought about 4 weeks ago, lovely but too tight, it’s a bit stretchy and a nice A line cut. Can’t wear it untill it fits right, need the ‘sit test’ in it lol. I’ve been looking less and less like a sausage in it lol. I kept it thinking I can wear it on my holidays (11th June). Another half a stone and it will fit nice. I’ll keep you all posted lol. That’s now 3 dresses I’m slimming into. I have 2 I’ve only worn a couple of times but are beautiful expensive dresses that will be lovely for the races and a wedding I’m attending this summer.

Good luck with the rest of your fast day ladies, though let’s face it by this time we have cracked it. Those that are struggling just keep at it, every day you manage to do a bit better is another healthy day.

Good luck with your exercises those of us that can manage them. I’m a boxing pro lol, now takes 3 mins to make me feel like my lungs are going to burst lol.

Welcome new comers

Hi Jaye

Yes I get cold a lot in fast days. I have had a lovely dinner with spicy chicken, broccoli, cauliflower and 1 dessert spoon of sweet corn with one heaped teaspoon of instant cheese sauce made up. All delicious. Sweet corn is really high, this is why I only have so little. All counted and leaving 120 calories for milk in tea, skimmed of course.

You won’t be long until you get into your dress Jaye.

I went shopping today and wasn’t tempted by a thing apart from watercress. Saving that for tomorrow.

I am determined to start exercising again tomorrow. I am really looking forward to trying out the biggest loser challenge. The reviews are really good. They even take measurements and make your avatar the same shape as you……oh dear. A lot of people who are not used to exercising have tried it. I remember when it was on TV here and if I hadn’t read the reviews I wouldn’t have bought it.

It will take over a week to arrive so will need to do something else to start with.

Good luck for all of you who are still to do your second fast day of the week. I always feel good at the end of one.

Fran, how are you doing?

Please all nag me if I don’t exercise tomorrow. Now I have said that I will have to do it.

Did you get your balance board Jaye?

Hi everyone,
    I’ve had a couple of days that were really good for my fast diet, not so good for my ability to get around on my own. As you know I’m waiting to have bypass surgery on my right leg. Well last night I stepped off a stair the wrong way and my foot turned underneath me. I ended up tearing a main ligament in the arch of my foot. It was agonizing to walk. So in one dumb moment I took way the ability to do any exercise at all. Very disappointing. I can’t walk or get around at all. I’m in bed and I’ll be here for a while. I’ve tried to get up but it’s useless. It simply hurts too much.
    On the bright side, my inability to move has resulted in a couple of terrific fasting days. As I can’t move, I’m limited to eatting only what my husband brings me. So today, only liquids. Herbal tea, water, and coffee with stevia and a bit of fat free milk. I’m debating continuing the fast until I can get up on my own. I’ll see how I feel in the morning. So I’ve been checking on eBay for a wii fit plus and I’ve seen lots of them for sale at various prices. My question is this. What exactly do I need. Does the wii fit plus come with everything you need to use it, or is there a universal consol or any other device needed to operate it. I’m not sure what I should be looking for. I’ve never seen them before so I ‘m pretty much in the dark. If anyone can fill me in I’d sure
    appreciate
    it, I’m planning on using it at some point in the near future when I can walk again. Cheers to you all.
    Fran 🙂

Hi all

If you like rice you will be interested in this. There is a lot about it on the Internet.

How to halve the calories. It sounds to good to be true. Let me know what you think.

http://m.food.ndtv.com/health/a-simple-trick-to-reduce-calories-in-rice-by-half-749202

I stay away from carbs most of the time. I love pasta and baked potatoes but I have given these a miss lately.

Hi Fran

so sorry to hear your news. How awful.

My advice would be to at least have soups on a fast day, tinned or prepared. The calorie content is on these and easy for Hubby to do.

The less weight you have on that leg the better. I must say about three years ago I had an acute sprain and couldn’t put my foot to the floor. I used a computer chair to get around, up the passage, into the kitchen, toilet and bathroom. I found it such a help as I live on my own. It also meant that I could carry things. I just pushed myself around on the other foot.

The only wii exercise I did was table tennis so I felf like doing something. I was off of work and bored so this helped.

The Wii is a consul, for the wii fit plus you also need a balance board and the game.

I wouldn’t worry about the Wii fit plus until you are able to stand. The game the tennis is on is the Sports resort.

Maybe others can also give advice.

Well done on your loss.

I will post more information on Wii consul and how much it is to buy.

Ginette

Viewing 50 posts - 4,451 through 4,500 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.