HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 7,330 total)

• YIPPEE INDEED!!!! 3000 POSTS!!!!!!

Congratulations to All Ladies Of A Certain Age! who post on here!

WEIGH TO GO US!

ONwards and Downwards – is the way Forwards!!

(To quote LindyW……)
    BooBooxx

Hi, it has been some time since I last posted..and I’ve been learning alot about how my body is able to take off the kilos….I’m 64 and am finally fitting into clothes from years ago. I’ve had to find out what works for me, regardless of what works for someone else, meaning, what they eat on a non-fast day or fast day often times simply didn’t work for me.

Now I know what works. I couldn’t do my fasting days without the help of the fiber supplement, glucomannan; 3 tablets, taken with 16 ounces of water flavored with a bit of lemon juice, keeps me feeling full and not ready to chew my wrist off. It has changed my life. When I first started 5:2, I had terrible constipation, no more. Along with the extra fiber of glucomannan, I use a powdered form of magnesium, dissolved in water, every night, and I’m now I’m completley comfortable & regular.

I bought an exercise bike and do HIIT just about every morning, but not for long. I’m still out of shape and working up to it bit by bit. I do yoga numerous times a week and use my breath to connect to the ‘still’ large roll of fat that sits at my waist line; using breath work to connect to me and dissolve my stuck energy. I’ve started weight/strength training because as I lose the fat I don’t want to lose my muscle like I’ve done with the million other diets I’ve done before.

I know now that given the quide-lines of fasting and eating I have to listen to my body and what works for it, not what works for anyone else. I realize for most women this is a ‘duh’ moment but for me it took ages to have that realization. I also know now that I will always have to fast in-order to have the figure I want. Okay, good to know. Now, on with it!

Hello Boo and LOACA, I am coming on here later everyday. It’s called life, shopping, bowling etc etc.
    congratulations and jubilations on 3000 posts. Everyone has been a joy to read, it’s keeping me on the straight and narrow, as well as onward and downwards, as BooBoo says. LOL
    I am going out all day with hubby tomorrow or he will think he is a bowls widower. LOL
    I have had a large rum and diet coke for a change this evening when I got back from my evening bowls game arriving home about 9.30pm Food tonight was much later than usual, I like to stop eating earlier than later even on a non-fast day. I will be fasting Sunday and Monday again hoping to get the 1.1/2 lb off the balance of my long W/E away. I am going to call it a day before I turn into a pumpkin. Lol
    Then I shall start all over again. That’s a song isn’t?
    Good night or G-Day all as the case may be.
    JIP

Well done on the 3000 posts, Precious. You must be doing something right. Keep supporting all those lovely LOACA on their quest for a healthier bod 🙂 P

BooBoo: thanks for the kind post. Your encouragement (along with many others as well) really keeps so many of us engaged in this site, and upbeat about the long road to the kind of weight loss so many of us need to get back to where we can be more active and have a better self image as we are moving along in years. Thanks all and congratulations on your 3000 posts. You, Purple, JIP and Smiffy are the glue that keeps this thread together. WELL DONE LADIES !!! There also seems to be some new gals that are very devoted to the site and take the time to welcome new memebers by name. AliH61 seems to be picking up the rear quite niceely.

And yes Boo, had a lovely naughty day of pizza Margherita (authentic Neapolitan style….yummmm) for lunch and a soft serve ice cream cone for good measure on the drive home. Gorgeous lovely day on the east coast of the US today….we are having a week of SEPT weather, a break from the normal heat and humidity of Washington. Great day all around.

And no I do not only weight myself once a week. If I haven’t seen my expected 1 lb loss on my weigh day, I keep weighing every day after that until it shows up. Then I am ok to wait one more week and then the foolishness starts all over again. Would love to weight every 2 weeks if I could make myself do it….then some weeks it would be 2 lbs and some weeks only 1, but hoping it would be a rare weigh day with nothing. I track my weight on my computer on a grid I made up on an Excel file. A good start would be making official weigh days 2 weeks apart. That way it would seem “less official” even if I did jump on the scales in between. No loss would not OFFICIALLY be zippo . Crazy, yes? But those are the mind games I play with myself to not be dejected when I see no dip on the scale after a solid “clean” week playing by the rules.

Last but far from least: huge congrats to Smiffy: that is fabulous! Also to Femme Anglais, Wilbersnanna and Cheeseplease. The globe is getting lighter again this week.

LTC

Hey BlueOcean- glad to see you back!

Hi Piper, hi everyone…. I’m working in the garden after I get back from my local farmer’s market this morning…did my fast day yesterday, went over the 500 calories a bit, but I’m not going to beat myself up about it because I’ve been super fabulous about my calories during the week….and I’m feeling really good…some fast days are much harder for me than others, but I’m doing it! I don’t weigh myself anymore as I no longer care what the scale says, I let my clothes tell me what I want to know, which is: ‘keep on going!’ Have a lovely weekend….!!

Hello everyone! I am a lady of a certain age – 61 – and started the 5-2 last August. I did well up until Christmas, losing almost 2 stone in weight, was feeling better, bought new clothes in a smaller size.

I decided to have a break over Christmas and for one reason or another struggled to keep up the discipline of the 5-2. I’ve just come back from 3 weeks holiday visiting family and eating for Scotland and needles to say the weight is creeping back on and clothes are getting tight again!

Today, I glad to say I’m back on track! Just come back from the supermarket stocked up with food for meals for the next week. I work full time so don’t have time for shopping mid-week. I’ve planned all my meals using the Fast Cook Book and will add lunches on my non fast days.

I’ve signed up for the Fast Diet Tracker and can’t wait to lose weight and inches again! Ideally would liked to lose another 3 stones so onwards and downwards on the scales 🙂

Welcome LouB, it’s nice to have you on board the LOACA thread. You have done 5-2 once and you know it works. We can do this together. If you have the time to read back on some of the threads, I would say all but now it’s over 3000 in just over a year you will need to have some spare time and with working you will find it hard but enjoyable. There are so many LOACA from all walks of life you can get a wealth of tips etc on here. I think I am known as JIP the practising Alcoholic. LOL. I keep my bottle of rum down the garage which is 180 ft at the bottom of the garden because it’s too handy in the bungalow, I tell hubby to hide it but usually end up coaxing him to get it back for me once or twice a week. LOL
    I have just come back from a long weekend away which I put on 2 lbs, I lost just 1/2 a pound last week so I am fighting to get the other 1.1/2 lb off soon. I will be doing a B2B Sunday and Monday this suits me.
    BooBoo and all LOACA I hope you are all having a lovely weekend, we have been to the beach today and walked for almost 6 miles, I did indulge in an ice cream and then turned the clock back 60 years and had a candy-floss all sugar and very sweet I think I have my sugar fix for a month of Sundays as we say here in South Wales.
    I came on 5-2 earlier today entered my message to you all pressed submit it twirled and then disappeared, first time that has happened to me. Cannot remember what I said altogether so could not have been that interesting. You got away lightly. LOL
    Going now before I get blown up again, but this time I am going to copy post before pressing submit. Hahahahaa. Happy Fasting and Feasting. JIP OW’s and D/W’s.

Good morning to our lovely international group of LOACAs!

Precious, many congrats on 3000 posts. You and your deputy JIP and deputy deputy Purple do a fantastic job of cheering, encouraging and welcoming, as well as providing wise words of experience.

A cold but dry day here so have put 3 loads of washing on the line. We’re heading off for a few days of cross-country skiing at the end of the week and then ending up in Albury for a family christening. A round trip of about 2500km, so no peeps from me for a few days.

Fasting tomorrow and Wednesday this week before heading off. Usually do B2B M/Tu but had to rearrange weight training for Tuesday and unlike others, I am really tired on fast days. The upside is that I don’t have any insomnia issues 🙂

Hi LouB and Blue Ocean, welcome (back). You know the routine so onwards and downwards!

Hi LUVT, what’s a little pizza margharita between friends?

Happy Sunday all, Nicky

Hi Nicky
    I’d better answer….the others are asleep! Sorry, I didn’t say hi on SH thread ;(
    A pizza Margarita is just tomato cheese and basil. Mmmm Yum.
    Your cross country ski trip sounds great. Plenty of snow this year. Possibly the best season in years. Have fun! You won’t gain weight using that much energy.
    Purple

Hi Ali &Co. Just had chance to catch up with the posts. 3,000 and it was the one from you to me. WOW!!!! I can’t believe it. Good luck with the fasting all those who are on it today. Enjoy the eating all those, like us, who aren’t!! We are looking at sofas today. WN.

Hi Ladies
    I had a day in London yesterday with my lovely daughter to collect her passport, after a fantastic lunch of pulled pork in bbq sauce I am being good and fitting in an extra fasting today. It’s been one of those weeks as I also had small fish and chips and BBQ at school on Friday! Yesterday I did only eat 1/3rd of the bread roll the pork was served in but all my veggies, the apple coleslaw in a light dressing was fab. I’ll eat at Maxwell’s in Covent Garden again. We mentioned earlier how fickle dress sizes are wel…..I bought a fab red, more like orange, linen shift dress in Monson size 12 and a tea dress in H&m size 16! I don’t worry about size labels as long as looks good, you can always cut the size label out if it bothers you that much. I will start posting some recipes later, had or ridge with berries for breakfast and looking forward to a veggie curry for dinner. Off to do some sewing Ali x

Go Ali! 🙂 P

Hello All Ladies Of A Certain Age!

How are you all doing this fine weekend? You all sound quite perky so that is good.

Hello and Welcome to LouB and Welcome back! to BlueOcean

Hi LouB – Well done for getting on the FD wagon again and welcome to the LOACA WAGON! Hopefully we can encourage and motivate you to stay with it this time round. You don’t want all those lovely new clothes to go to waste!
    I totally agree how hard it can be to start fasting again; the other week I only missed 2 fasts and yet the next week it was really difficult to be so strict with myself. So if you’ve been ’off’ a while it will be a struggle at first but you know the benefits so………………….climb aboard!
    We know that you work full time but come on here as much as you can; at least at first whilst you get back in the saddle!

Hi Blue Ocean – It sounds like your break away has had you finding out all sorts of interesting stuff about, as you say, your own body and how you personally can lose weight and increase your fitness/exercise.

What comes through to me more than anything on this thread; is we are ALL different and it doesn’t pay to generalise too much. For example, I read a post the other week saying that there were various exercises that helped to reduce water retention…………….
    I may, out of necessity, have to exercise less than I used to BUT I have never heard or found an exercise that reduced water retention – if there was one out there, I would have heard about it by now. So I get quite put out when I hear someone stating this as a ‘fact’. I suppose some people may have found certain exercises reduce THEIR water retention but they cannot speak authoritatively for everyone else.
    I repeat; we are all different and we, as you have found, have to ‘work’ with what we’ve got!

It sounds great though that you are fitting into clothes from years ago; how much have you lost? Also, I love the fact that you don’t care about the scales anymore; that is real freedom.

Hi Purple – Thank you for your kind comments on the 3000th post.

You too must take a bow for being a extremely welcoming and encouraging deputy deputy Chief Captain! Thanks Mate – it is nice to know that you and other LOACA’s will just jump in welcome new people to the thread.
    People don’t like to feel they are being ignored even if it’s just for a short space of time!

Hey LUV2 – Thank you too for your kind words about the 3000th post and how supportive and encouraging you find the thread; I appreciate that very much.

Glad to hear you are human and had the lovely Margherita pizza and an ice cream! Great that you are not too obsessed by trying to lose weight; you have to live life whilst you lose your weight!
    And isn’t that the most important thing about the FD? Because you CAN have treats; you don’t feel restrained and resentful and that your life is ‘on hold’ whilst you go about losing X number of pounds/kilos etc.

Regarding your weighing strategies; you should never feel dejected if you don’t see a loss. Remember our earlier discussions about looser clothes?
    And you know better than most on this thread about weight loss that will sneak up from nowhere!

Hey JIP! – Don’t have time to ‘speak’ now but thank you for your congratulations!

Must go; we are going for a nice long walk and it has just started to look as if it’s going to rain…………….
    Hopefully I will be back on later
    Have fun Ladies whatever you are doing!
    ONwards and Downwards!
    BooBooxx

Well we managed our walk and it was lovely; it did pour down but that was on the way to our destination and thankfully when we set off, it had stopped tipping down.

There are other posts I wanted to respond to but I thought I would share an article I have just been reading.

It is titled ‘Youth and Fashion are wasted on the young’; it is saying in essence that the high street shops (in the UK; is it any different in Oz, America, NZ, Wales!?) are still catering mainly for very young girls with tiny little figures which they ‘cover’ with tiny little bits of material……………
    They go on to say; ‘The older generation of women, may have the real spending power, yet still they are sidelined by the fashion behemoths for not being able to carry off an acid-green spray on body-con (?) mini-dress with a pair of five inch wedges‘…..

Then they state that Lorraine Kelly, one of the UK’s much loved T.V. presenters; has taken the ageist stores of the high street to task.
    She said she was proud of her age (she is 54yrs) and ‘When she was little, when you said 54, it sounded like you were a wee granny with a coat with one button and a tartan (she is a Scot) trolley you dragged around‘.

She goes on to add: ‘But that’s all changed. We’re feisty, fashionable and intelligent women who want to look great.
    Mature women……ignore us at your peril!’…..

Well said Lorraine!

I was just thinking the other day, when I saw a LOACA in the town; she looked great and yet she was dressed for comfort not style. She had on smart but simple long shorts and a rugby style top that looked crisp and fresh. She looked fine for wandering around the town but could later go for lunch or for a walk.
    What ran through my mind, is that a young girl could wear the same outfit and look great too; but so could every other age group in between and they would all look fine and not like they were ‘dressing too young’.

We have a not very complimentary saying in the UK; ‘mutton dressed as lamb’ – again do our chums from over the ponds have this same saying or something similar?

This seems to have changed big time as Lorraine attests. As long as the older women is not showing off acres of skin and wearing skirts/dresses with hemlines far too short; then they can get away with wearing clothes that would usually just be the reserve of bright young things.

And Hooorahh for that!

What do you all think?

BooBooxx

Hello BooBoo and all LOACA
    I know the best thing for the mutton dressed as lamb problem! Boo. Take your sister with you shopping, she doesn’t have to be older but it helps has in my case. she will tell it as it is, LOL I will have to think where I am going to wear those pink jeans I bought the other day. Sis was not with me when I bought them, size 12 I could not resist, I may have to wear them in the dark. Nice legs/bum shame about the face thing again. LOL.
    I hope all you lovely ladies have had a good weekend, I did and fasted today too.
    I am off now, so keep up the good work, O/W’s and D/W’s JIP

Hi JIP!

Try wearing the pink jeans with a plain black t-shirt and black shoes to accentuate the jeans but not compete with them.

You look way too youthful to ever look like mutton dressed up as lamb JIP!

BooBooxx

I have a (post menopausal) friend who has experienced the same lack of progress. She has lost a stone on 5:2 but it took well over a year and she often despaired. She hit a complete stop a month or so ago but is now trying 4:3 to see if it gives her a kick start. It’s interesting that she is quite short (less than 5ft tall) and now she’s wondering if the 500 recommended calorie limit is too high for someone so much smaller than the average woman.

Hi JIP, BooBoo and LOACA

I’m 52 and I have pastel pink jeans which I wear to school but not on a messy painting day!

Well nearly finished my fast today and the Veggie Balti was fab, it’s from the 5:2 app by Woamn. Here’s the recipe:

Serves 4, just 215 cal per portion
    Prep time 10 mins and coking time 25 mins

1 cal spray
    2 onions, chopped
    1 tbspn curry paste
    350g butternut squash and sweet potato, diced
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    400g tin chickpeas, drained
    1/2 cauliflower OR 200g green beans
    250ml water

Fry onions in 1 cal spray for 5 minutes, then add the curry paste and cook for another minute. Add the water, tomatoes, butternut squash, sweet potato and cauliflower or runner beans then cook for 15 minutes. Finally add the chickpeas and warm through for 5 more minutes. Enjoy.

Ali x

Hi BooBoo
    Glad you got your walk in.

I think that wearing simple clothes with clean lines can look very attractive without being dating – we keep being told how French women can look classy at any age – do they have better clothes for LOACAs – maybe Femme Anglaise can tell us? I try and stear clear of clothing that is high fashion” (scared of that mutton dressed as lamb look) and try and look modern without trying too hard – I think Boden are good for that, and some Dotty P stuff is also good – but I avoid New Look most of the time apart from vouchers for the young things in the family!

I don’t think we have to dress all in black all the time either – there’s nothing wrong with colour!

Hi Cheeseplease

I was suggesting JIP! wear her striking PINK jeans with black to calm down the sartorial situation! But definitely NOT BLACK all the time otherwise we will all look like extremely old Greek women…….
    Or at least, as they used to look when I was last there!

BooBooxx

P.S. Cooking dinner (late!), drinking wine so might not make too much sense…………….
    Who said; what is the difference then?!!

BooBoooxx

Do you think Greek LOACAs will rebel against the all black get up?

Hi Cheeseplease

I think they might; Elainefriend who has posted on here (but is normally found on the new Maintenance thread) lives in Greece (lucky toad) so she might tell us if things are still the same?

I hope they have ‘revolted’!

Must go; dinner is served…..
    Errr by me!
    BooBooxx

Hi LOACAS
    Thanks for your kind words Precious.
    As to mutton dressed as lamb, it was certainly an expression my mum often used.
    I had the ghastly experience recently of wearing a gorgeous new fuscia coloured jacket to a ‘do’ only to have a grossly obese older woman arrive in the same (but about 10 sizes bigger). I took mine off and hid it. 🙁
    Thanks for the yum recipe Ali. I’ll give it a go.
    Purple

Purple, as you are such a “slim Jim” I bet you looked great.
    X

My girlfriend said that, Cheesy. But it ruined the jacket for me because, although I was never her size, the fatter me WAS only last year. I’d bought the cute little short jacket to wear over my size 8 blue jeggings because it looked SO slim. Damn. P

Most definitely.There is a workout chart on this site you put in your height and weight and how active you are and it tells you how many calories you need on your “eat ” days for weight maintenance and you should eat only a quarter of this on your low days. I am 5ft 2 inches and only eat 350 on low days, 500 too high for my calculation. It is based on the average woman well if under 5ft you are below average. Hope this helps Liz x

Purple, but how great is it that it’s NOT you Now! Celebrate!!!
    X

Littleliz44, but what is the average woman? I am 5′ 9″, so does that mean I get more than 500 calories? It sounds a bit like fine tuning, although understandable if you are petite and fail to lose on 500 :-}

Yes Liz absolutely. None of us are average and the less we eat on fast days (or any day really) the more we lose.
    I have always aimed at less than 400 cals on a fast day and usually about 1200 to 1300 normally. I’m 5’5.
    My husband only has 350 on fast days. He splurges a bit on other days but usually still well under 2000 . We have both lost many kilos (58 together …that’s a whole person!) and have been maintaining for months, but we still keep to as low as possible on fds.
    The average is a maximum not a goal to eat up to 🙂
    Keep up the good work, PVE

Hi Ali, Thanks for the recipe. Looks yummy! Will try it out. B

Hi Purple
    So sorry about your new fuchsia jacket. You can wear it out proud. Just bad luck the other woman was there. Fly the flag for 5:2. 🙂 🙂

PS. The jacket goes with the beautiful FIAT. 🙂

Sadly Bay it clashes with the red soft top.
    I’ll have to get specific car clothes. 😉

Hey Boo, hi girls, ladies…..

Good advice Purple Vegie…I try to stay under 500 cal., when I can, but if I go over by a teeny bit on a FD I don’t fret about it anymore, I try to learn what happened, why I did that….I also try to make up for it the next day by staying a bit under normal or sometimes for the entire week….it’s just trying to find what works for me….but I know the calories count so I’m aware of that….

I’m not sure how much weight I’ve lost because I’m not ready to look at a scale….had too much trauma around numbers on a scale to have it ever be good for me, but I am thrilled to report I’m fitting into a lovely white skirt I haven’t been able to wear for 8 years….I’m buttoning up pants I haven’t worn for sometime either….so I know I’m taking off inches…..

Have a super week girls, I’ll be reading your posts….

Excellent work, BlueOcean. You must be thrilled with yourself 🙂 P

Hi everyone

Just a quick note – cautionary tale really.

Don’t contemplate freezing any left over miracle noodles! They’re like bits of sliced up rubber afterwards!

Happy Monday fasting all. Nicky

Good morning and good evening to all down under.
    Ali, your recipe is made for me, I will try this week thanks.
    First day of B2B went well and today should be good, it’s a wonderful day in South Wales and I will be off Nordic walking later, getting my hair cut, that should take me up to 2pm then by the time I get home it will be 3 at least, playing bowls this evening at 5.15pm. I will have to find time to eat. LOL
    Purple, just think how the other lady felt, I think it would be her that takes her jacket off after seeing you.
    Blue ocean, I sent all my nice smaller clothes to the charity shop or my sister’s daughter-in-law, so I have had to buy all new, it was a shame but very enjoyable replacing it all.
    Boo, now I will have to buy a black T-Shirt, such hard work spending all this money, LOL, must admit I did not think of black
    One pint of boiled silver/tea e.i, water. Melon for breakfast more boiled water and black tea. I do live it up ladies. Got to go. Happy day everyone fasting or feasting.
    JIP

Hi BlueOcean weigh to go, sorry for the pun! You must feel fab in that skirt and I know the feeling. I can now wear the dress I wore when going away for my honeymoon, and that was 19 years ago. It needs a little updating with new buttons, but what a great feeling. I’m glad I’m slimmer now as we are having a mini heat wave and I have bought 5 new dresses this summer. Was never able to get ones I felt comfortable in before.

JIP, I used a Tikka paste and added 5 slightly rounded teaspoons as I like a good bit of heat! Keep on going everyone. I’ll try for another new recipe later this week and let you all know. Ali x

Hi LOACA. Happy Monday fasting. Starting week 6 today. OH on week 5. Out dog walking soon then off to see our daughter and family. She’s also doing 5:2 with success so won’t try to tempt us to have anything we don’t want. Unlike others who seem to delight in offering temptation even after you’ve told them what you are doing!!!! WN.

Since we have been discussing clothing sizes, I’m going to have a tiny moan. 🙂

I have been looking for new swimwear. In this country every state has a different name for swimwear: swimmers, bathers, costumes, togs. Since I am now officially size 14 in bathing tops and size 12 in bottoms, I cannot find anything to wear. All one piece swimwear that fits my top has a pouch below the bum that could carry a baby roo 🙂

I can’t wear bikinis because of some flab around the middle. So the lovely girl suggested I buy a tankini, where you have two pieces of swimwear that nicely overlap to hide my sins. However, the available tankinis made me look like mutton dressed as brassy moll 🙂 too much cleavage 🙂

In reality I am ecstatic to have this problem, as I finally have my figure mostly back. It is Winter here, so I shall hope to buy one when in Maui. 🙂

I always start to rave at the end of a fast day. Have had a lovely day. May you all have an enjoyable day fasting in the Western Hemisphere as Purple would say 🙂

Hi and Welcome to Lizzypopbottle – I’m not sure what post you are responding to there Lizzy; it helps if you put the person’s name.
    Tell your friend to come on here. It has taken me a whole year to lose 20lbs so she would at least have sympathetic company!

Hi Purple/bayleafoz/NickyF/LUVTCOOK/piper/BlueOcean/any other LOACA’s over the ponds!

As to the ‘mutton dressed as lamb’ saying; do people in your country still have the kind of mentality towards this I outlined in my 20.07 post?

Also do the high street shops cater for your age group better than ours do?

Back later
    ONwards and Downwards!
    BooBooxx
    (typed lounging in my gold lame pantsuit…..just doing a bit of housework in between typing! I look a bit like Liberace’s mother!)

Hi Boo

I have to think when you say the High Street shops. Most of our clothing shops have abandoned the high street and gathered into the Westfield Shopping towns all over the country. There are a few boutiques left in the various pricey suburbs. They are usually quite stylish and cater for 30 to 70 yo.

The department stores in the shopping malls now rent space to all the various fashion labels. Some of them cater well for those of us growing old disgracefully. I think that the age and style bracket that has the money to shop has influenced who they design for, to a certain extent.

Maybe others have different experiences to me. I am enjoying all my new clothes bought over the past six weeks. 🙂

Hi Precious
    Just off to bed after an excellent fast day. ..24 hours between food.
    I agree with Bayleaf. Our demographic has the money and the numbers. Plenty of choice. Used to wear some gorgeous ‘larger ladies’ gear from TS. Now that I can just grab normal sizes straight from the racks, I might have to go back to work the way I buy new clothes. Thanks Fast Diet!
    Cheers to all LOACAS ending or beginning Monday Fast Day. Good night, Purple

Hi bayleafoz

Thanks for responding to an issue I am very interested in. I get what you mean when you query ‘high street’ shops but I meant the national companies that produce clothes in a more affordable price range. As you point out; your’s have gathered in shopping ‘towns’ outside of town.

It is interesting that some of the fashion brands in your locale cater well for our demographic; so it does look like they have been influenced by the people with the money to buy their goods. And so they are designing with them in mind; or at least, they are in their portfolio.

Well done Oz!
    Obviously streets ahead of us in the UK again!

I think it is really lovely that you are enjoying all the clothes you have bought recently for your much slimmer figure – Go Girl!

And regarding your bikini dilemma; as you say what a fab dilemma to have!
    I would agree with the helpful assistant; tankinis can look very stylish and dare I say, sexy too, but not with your chest all on show! I’m sure if you shop around there will be more appropriate but still flattering ones. And as you buy them separately; you can cater for your difference in sizes.

Are you off on holiday soon?

BooBooxx

Hi Purple

So ditto what I just said to bayleafoz; you are lucky that the fashion designers/manufacturers actually acknowledge the ‘older’ woman and design clothes to suit them.

I find it strange that our country is still so reluctant to take up this strategy and, as I’ve illustrated, has to be publicly castigated about it.
    Mind you, we have a terrible record of dumping/sacking ‘older’ female T.V presenters/news/weather readers etc though note – NOT THEIR ‘OLDER’ MALE COUNTERPARTS……..so that might be all influencing this reluctance.

Again ditto on enjoying buying new clothes; you see we ALL still want to look and feel attractive! No matter what our age!

BooBooxx
    P.S. Why are you choosing to fast for 24hrs?

Hi bayleafoz, Land’s End – a US mail order company – have a huge range of tankinis that you can buy the tops and bottoms for separately; that might solve your problem.

Belated congratulations to PBB for the 3,000 posts. It would be a brave person now who would start at the beginning and read every post as I did when I first came across it.

And how many inspirational new posters! Wow – I am totally in awe of what you have achieved – not to mention entirely jealous of Femme Anglaise heading off to Lake Como – we had a week at Bellagio a few years back and it was stunningly beautiful. If only Australia wasn’t so far away from the rest of the world.

I’m in recess at the moment – looking after 6 year old grandson while my daughter is in Jerusalem (more than a little worrying at present) and puppy (who is now 3 and a half months old and a gorgeous bundle of energy) while holding down a full time job that is at its busiest just after the end of the financial year is enough to cope with at the moment. I tried a fast day a couple weeks ago snd promptly came down with a virus that I still haven’t entirely thrown off. Probably entirely unrelated, but has created a bit of a disinclination to do it again until life is a little calmer. In any case I’m quite confident that when life returns to normal I will be able to get back on the program in time to achieve my goal weight for summer.

Viewing 50 posts - 3,001 through 3,050 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.