HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
HELP! All ladies of a 'certain age'-please respond

This topic contains 7,289 replies, has 660 voices, and was last updated by  Opal Shine 1 month, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,151 through 7,200 (of 7,330 total)

• Kudos, Lindanaf, for finding what works for you. That’s the way to do it. No wonder you are bouncing off the walls with glee.
    Stock cubes do have a lot of salt, although if you are water fasting, I guess some electrolytes are a good idea.

Vin, after the 2-week ‘detox’ and eating to the plan, then what? Does one then know what a healthy diet is so that the weight will stay off? So eager to hear about the progression.

Anna, how are you doing?
    FormerlyFatTeacher, are you with us?

Fasting Me
    Thank you for checking on me! I am doing pretty good. I am 5 pounds from my goal and I have been going to the gym every morning for about 2 weeks. I am feeling better about my weight and am determined to lose the last 5 soon. Hope you are well!

I find that eating a raw apple cures the problem within a hour or so! Good luck!

Well done for deciding to tackle your weight problem. Your ultimate goal may be a long way off, but don’t think about that. Concentrate on losing 10 Ibs at a time and celebrate each smaller achievement instead. Never forget how slowly the weight crept on, so try to relax and take your time over reaching each milestone.
    Get rid of tempting “rubbish” food and don’t buy any more! Ever!
    I think you will enjoy the challenge and the fasting experience. I does feel good. Fasting is not starving because your body will happily use its own fat store as energy and that is exactly what you want.
    So be positive. Your health will improve, are you going to feel happy and confident and proud of every small step towards your weight loss goal.

Hello Ladies
    Well I’m back on 5.2 giving it another go. I started again about 3 weeks ago and straight away lost 3kgs- down from 86kgs to 83. Then another 2kgs the following week. But now at 81kgs I just can”t get the scales to budge. I keep hopping on them hoping to get below that elusive 80kgs, but it evades me. I’m now on a 3rd anti-cancer hormone tablet, Tamoxifen, so I don’t know if that has any effect on weight gain, but it probably does. However, at 5kgs lighter, I can already get into some clothes that I just can’t wear when I’m at 86kgs.
    What can I do to get under that magic 80kgs – I’m sure it would give me such a boost to get there…………..

jilly, can you reduce 100 calories for each day of your Slow Day food? You might not notice that reduction, yet it would help you to loses some weight.

Formerly FTeacher, keep up the good work.

Lindanaf? Anna? Vin? what’s new?

Hi Fastingme
    I must confess that I NEVER count calories. I’m just too lazy and it would seem too much like a “diet” if I did. However, I’m doing well this time – down to 80kgs. I’m on a FD today and I’ll fast on Thursday so I hope to get the scales under 80. I tried on an old dress this morning that used to be my favourite, and to my delight, I thought “I could actually go out in this now and not feel too shabby”. It’s given me a real boost. So on my FD’s I usually make myself a kind of chinese soup with chicken or turkey, some fresh veggies and a few noodles just to let the stomach know that it’s actually got some solids in it. I really don’t mind eating this every FD. I live alone so I don’t have to worry about another person needing variety and it means that I’m not thinking about food during the day. If I start thinking about what I can cook tonight to make things a bit more interesting, I start to feel hungry, so chinese soup is fine. So now – watch this space and see if I get to that magic 79kgs this week!!!!!!

To Fastingme
    I’m back again as I’ve just read an old post where you recommend tincture of motherwort to combat hot flushes. Where can I get hold of some because I really need some of that. I’ve mentioned that one of the very unpleasant side effects of my hormone treatment is hot sweats. And it’s my head that sweats. Several times each day, I suddenly have sweat running down my forehead/temples/back of my neck and I get quite distressed by it sometimes, so this tincture is what I need. No idea what it’s called in France of course?????? Can anyone help……please, please, please.

Hi,
    I’m new to the forum and just getting used to navigating my way round it. A bit of a technophob! I used to do really well on the 5:2 before I became perimenopausal. I entered perimenopause at Christmas (bad time anyway!) and have gained over a stone since then. Now I find I sadly no longer have the mental capacity to follow the 5:2 regime in order to lose weight. I fall off the wagon all to easily.

The ‘holy trinity’ of tinctures works wonders for menopausal flushes for me. These are agnus castus, black cohosh and dong quai. You can usually get agnus castus and dong quai as tinctures from a decent local independent health food store but the black cohosh is now only available in tablet form unless you order it overseas. They are not cheap but they are well worth it along with a decent B vitamin complex and effervescent vitamin C.

Hi ladies ,

I haven’t posted since April 17th(?) but I have lost 60 of the 120. Pounds I needed to lose using vegetarian low carb low cal AND fasting 16:8 and occasional 5:2

How you all going ?

My bmi has dropped from 42 to 32!

Jilly, the herb’s latin name is “Leonurus cardiaca.” In France, try the pharmacy or the herbalist’s shop. There might be tinctures already prepared. If you want to grow it yourself, try a good garden store/nursery or a beekeeper. it is often planted to feed bees. good luck in finding it.
    You are doing well with the weight loss! Keep up the good work! When I suggested reducing your Slow Day diet by 100 calories/day, that equals one cookie, one oz pasta, 2 slices baguette. You don’t need to count all your calories, just look up a list of ‘foods that have 100 calories’ and begin to reduce them slowly.

Good job, binks!!

Hi ladies. I’m not a lady but please read this Hi my names mark I’m a 37 year old chef and I’m struggling with losing weight and have been for a number of years and iv been hearing about various diets that promise the world. My diet is very irratic due to long hours not seeing food until 12 am. Iv seen diets like atkins weight watchers and obviously being a chef have encountered these in the past. Iv also been hearing that heavy cardio exercise is bad for you and that you can lose weight by eating cake. But iv heard a lot more about this fat decimator system it recons you can lose 1lb in 24 hours visit http://www.weightandfitnessclub.wordpress.com for more information. It gives you all the science behind it but I’m still left not knowing if it’s any good. Can you guys help me decide if this is a good way forward!?? Please.

@Markula. Im glad you posted here for some advice. The fat decimator system doesn’t work and will make your wallet lighter. 5:2 on the other hand costs nothing, in fact it saves you money and you also lose weight. Happy to give more advice if you want.

Hello ladies of a certain age… I’ve just joined the forums after months of lurking and my first fast day is tomorrow. I guess I’m in the perimenopausal category: 46, no hot flushes yet, but my belly is spreading with alarming speed.

IF appeals as a lifestyle change. I hate diets. Perhaps 5:2 could work for me? It’s worth a go. Denying myself the food that I love will never work for me, but perhaps two days’ restraint a week will help build a more mindful attitude towards everything on my plate.

Markuls, there are no magic formulas for weight loss — it takes determination and diligence. Fasting could work for you, despite your schedule. One restaurant where I worked fed the staff at 4:30 pm, before the dinner shift. Another fed us after the dinner shift. Couldn’t that work for you? Bigbooty is correct. Listen to the advice.

Crumpet, you have described precisely why this Lifestyle works for so many people. In the long run, that more mindful attitude will serve you well and help to prevent re-gaining of weight.

Hi everyone. I’m working the 5:2, and slowly, very slowly, the weight is coming off. I’m still above 25 BMI and want to get it below that and into the healthy range. I think it was 25.4. So I’m getting close. I’m trying to add now some flab reducing exercises for my flabby thighs and arms, well, to be truthful, by belly also, I should strengthen my core muscles too. Any suggestions for where to look for exercises that will help tone up loose muscles and slowly reduce the flabbiness?

Elmashtree, I like the ‘7-minute Workout’ app. It is free and it takes you through a series of exercises for major muscle groups + core in 7 minutes. I use the standard men’s routine [despite being female] since the exercises are familiar to me. Good progress for you! Keep up the good work.

I’ve been doing 5:2 since January. I took the summer off. I’m back on, but here’s my struggle: If I fast 12 hours (wake up at 6:00am and do not eat until 6:30pm) why is restricting my meal to 500 calories important? Isn’t the 12 hours the key to gaining the benefits of fasting? Clearly, I’m having a time trying to stick to 500 calories, because I think I’ve already done my part by fasting 12 hours. What do you all think?

Thanks fastingme for the tip. I’ll check it out and see if I can begin adding in some exercise to help get rid of the flab.

@cslb. I think youre trying to convince yourself that you can take short cuts and still get the same results. Fasting for 12 hours will not flip you into ketosis unless you are eating a very ketotic diet in the first place. If you have been doing water fasting you may get into ketosis after 24-36 hours. So the 12 hours will just burn up some calories which you then want to top up by eating more than 500 calories. Seems like a lot of effort to go to and not achieve anything. Give it a try if you must and see how it works. If it works keep doing it. If you don’t see results the answer will be pretty clear.

CSLB, if your goal is to lose weight, then stick with the program. Eating within an 8-hour window [16:8] on any day will help you, but having 2 days/week with 500-600 calories makes it even better = more weight lost. You know, there are some people who eat NOTHING on a Fast Day. At least you’ll get 500 calories!

Thank you fasting_me and bigbooty. I know you’re both right. I’m looking for the easy way out. For twelve weeks I ate no calories on fast days and now I’m really struggling. Thinking about food way too much lately. And I guess I really shouldn’t try to blame everything on menopause.:(

CSLB, good luck. Fasting today at our house: Cheese Omelette + melon for breakfast. Beef Stirfry for dinner.

Thanks, fasting_me! I’m trying something new for me today (inspired by you!). I’m splitting my calories between breakfast and dinner. I ate 225 cal this morning (yogurt, fruit, oats). Then I’ll fast 12 hours and eat dinner (is that what you do?) Not sure what I’ll eat yet. I’m feeling optimistic!

CSLB, We eat breakfast between 0730 and 0800. Have second meal at 1630. It works with our schedules. Your plan sounds fine. Hope it works well for you. I’m optimistic for you.

@elmashtree, I really like the 7 minute work out too. There is even an app called workout for women (pink background with a white “w”) that offerts à 20 minutes version that I think is terrific for hitting all those areas. Hope that helps.

Hi PreciousBooBoo
    I’m 55 and started this regime in April. I’ve stuck to it apart from 2 weeks in May, and have lost 19lb so far. I lost several pounds from weeks 2-3, then the weight loss slowed right down. I have also known weeks where I actually gain weight despite my fast days, even though I eat healthily and do not binge on eating days. When the weight went back up a bit in July, I just thought “Ah well, today’s an eating day”; and when the next fasting day came round I had forgotten my disappointment, and carried on. Then it starts to budge again and the scale comes down. I now lose between nothing and 1lb per week. So, slow but steady.
    I’ve had a gentle change of life so far: periods (dreadful for the past decade or so) seem to have tailed off this year (hopefully to nothing); no emotional stuff like PMT, no hot flushes; just grey hair, wrinkles coming, etc.
    My advice would be to persevere with the 2 days of fasting, unless you feel unwell on it. How I do it is to skip breakfast, have a small lunch like a modest sandwich or bowl of muesli, and skip dinner (just go to bed early!)
    I hope this reply is helpful.

Binkie, you are doing all the right things and the weight is coming off. Well done.

CSLB, how is the new eating plan working?

Emma, glad to see you are also a 7-minute fan.

crumpet, did you decide to try 5:2? or did you try something else? If you are still on this thread, let us know.

Happy weekend, everyone.

Thanks for checking on me fasting_me. I’ve tried a couple different variations of IF since I posted last. I tried breakfast and dinner, but I was continuing to eat too much at dinner. Then I’ve tried the 8 hour window each day. Anyone else tried this? I know someone who had a lot of weight loss eating only during the 8 hour window. NOT working for me. It’s not convenient to my lifestyle. SO, I’m going back to 5:2 on Monday. I had success with it, and I just need to try harder. I’ve put on weight and don’t feel good about that at all.

CSLB, I’ve found that the plain old 5:2 works the best for me. I’ve been trying the 16/8 on NFDs to try to keep my eating more mindful, but it feels cumbersome, like a diet. I think the 5:2 works because of its simplicity. It may not be super fast, but it’s flexible enough to fit into my lifestyle and accommodate holidays or traveling. It’s easy and it works.

I agree CalifDreamer. Other variations are just more complicated. I’m going to give it my best shot (again) and try to stick with it.

Hi, I’ve just joined 5:2 and found this forum. Your ‘LOACA’ forum was mentioned on the Michael Mosley page from his Horizon programme:)
    I’ve been eating poorly really since I found myself in an ’empty nest’. Probably too much wine too. I walk some of the way to and from work a few days a week, but have a desk job.
    I ate very little yesterday and limiting my calories today – As someone else said I can’t be bothered to count them but know low fat foods.
    I’m about 30 lbs overweight.
    I hope to keep in touch with the forum for encouragement and inspiration.
    Best wishes all.
    F x

Hello, Mytime56, I didn’t realise we had found fame via Michael Mosley’s page! I have been on the 5:2 diet for a couple of years and know I will need to use it for maintaining a healthy weight for the long term. It’s been the most successful and the most healthy way of losing weight particularly as I’m now 60+. It’s also encouraged me to take more exercise and that, of course, helps with weight loss and better health too. I’m not quite at my preferred weight yet but I’m getting there.
    Please do use the book as it gives a good basis for using the diet and finding a way forward for you. Sadly, alcohol is very calorific so I usually limit myself to one day a week for a beer or two glasses of wine. I’m a little ‘kinder’ to myself on holiday but I do try and watch what I’m eating and watch the portion control too.
    All the best with the weight loss and do come back here for support and ideas.
    HeatherJ

Lurk, Lurk, always read so I will try to join in, started this WOL in May and am definitely a tortoise.
    Hashimoto and just stopping HRT after 13 years……..scared, flashing, and sure weight loss will slow even further YIKES. FD today and totally up for it! Thanks for all the support you lend to those of us trying, who knows, maybe I will support someone else.

Hi everybody, found this forum yesterday. Learning how it works. I am an 60 yrs old female, live in the Netherlands. Summer 2017 I discovered fasting works, I fast 1 day a week and lost 13kg. Meaning my weight is 67,5 now. Have had severe diseases, but survived well. Therefore I am very careful and live very healthy, regarding food but stress is a thing too. I am very happy to have found this site, finally some support and I can support others ! Read how others are doing. My advice to everybody is: always be really careful with yourself, well, see you all in your comments and I will support where I can !

Hello Dear LOACA, looks as if longlife1 and myself are the newest of members. Yesterday was a great FD , too busy to think about food! Bone density test and freezing cold, rainy soccer game took up the afternoon. Good results all around. Kept calories just under 500 and feel great today.
    My weight when I started in May was 148 and is now 140, this is the most success I have enjoyed in quite a while. There is not a diet that I haven’t tried before LOL
    Good for you longlife1, I am also a healthy eater and find myself much more energetic than my LOACA friends and better able to enjoy a wide variety of activities as a result of good (usually) clean eating.

Welcome to our new LOACA members. May you live long and prosper at your weight loss goals.
    Remember, Ladies, this is a Lifestyle [as soccergran says], not a diet — plan to stay on it for the rest of your days. But that is not a problem: we’ve been on it for 5.5 years and love the foods we eat on Fast Days. Maintaining our weight.

Yesterday was a good Fast Day for us: Prosciutto and Melon Plate for breakfast. Salad Nicoise for dinner. Michael would approve of its “Mediterranean-ness.” Delicious too.

CSLB, updates?

Get out there and VOTE, folks. After voting, we will be packing for a trip to California to visit our son. He is a great cook and has many meals planned for us. Guess this will put a dent in our Fasting!

Hello everyone …another newbie here learning to navigate around this site. I’m 65, still working full-time, well past the menopause and I had decided to give up trying to lose weight hoping I’d be loved by friends and family being my fat cuddly self but I didn’t love me. I started to run out of clothes that fitted comfortably, avoided mirrors and made excuses not to go out as I felt so self conscious. I began to fear Type 2 and heart disease. So here I am really determined to ‘get a grip’ and my first FD is tomorrow.
    Although from posts I have read this is not going to be a walk in the park because of my age. My weight loss will probably be slow but here goes …..
    Gillx

Hi Gylyb, welcome to the forum. Exciting; your first FD tomorrow. I wish you luck ! I think it is very wise to start this 5:2 training, (regarding type 2 and heart trouble you don’t want). Very good ! I did an FD on monday, and should do another this week, but the flue got me bad, and now I hesitate. Don’t want to be too hard for myself, my body has endured a lot in the past. Anyway: have a nice and good day tomorrow !

Glylb

Troy cutting your carbs on the other days to 50g or less, you’ll find you can fast for longer and you will be far less hungry.
    I switched from 5:2 to 16:8, 7 day’s a week, and cut calories to 13/1400 and carbs to 50. Combined with 30 min hiit daily and weights three times a week I’ve lost nearly 6 stone in nearly 7 minths – I’m 51 and working full time x just another 2 1/2 left to lose by next April ! Trying to lose 8 stone in a year

Mytime

Forget low fat . See the post I just wrote above . Cut your carbs and eat fat !

Two weeks back on 5:2 and I’m feeling good! So happy to have found my sweet spot. Feeling motivated, though no weight lost. That’s okay, I know it will come eventually. Fasting_me-Any ideas for a good 500 calorie vegetarian evening meal? I’m trying to change it up a bit.

Congrats and continued success to Fasting..me, 5.5 years is an amazing accomplishment!
    You offer inspiration and encouragement to those of us determined to stay the course!

Gylyb, hope your fasting day went well, many on this site have stated that after a week or two it is much easier…..this proved true for me as well. Your positive outlook and busy lifestyle may prove beneficial to this WOL. Welcome and good luck!

Binks your advice is spot on!

How are you doing now, soccergrandma ? Nice you felt so well on your FD yesterday ! I have Hashimoto too, among others. Are you planning to do another FD this week, don’t mean you have to, just a question. Think you are really doing well, a lady in her seventy’s ! Today is my second FD this week, had the flue, but feel pretty good today, so it’s ok. Feel quite hungry, haha. Think I am going to make a veggie juice without much sweet fruit. Yeah. Lost around 6 ounces last FD on monday, jumped around 3 back, see what this brings. Succes everybody, have a good day !

THX longlife1 for asking, I feel great. Getting ready to head to gym (UGH) but I do feel better after forcing myself to go. I plan to fast again on Mon. I stick to the Mon/Thurs schedule suggested by MM. Another exciting soccer game last night certainly helped the FD to pass quickly, best of all team I was rooting for won and on to state championships.
    Breaded haddock and kale salad for supper this evening, then, best of all, cheeseburger made w grass fed beef and thick slice of cheese which must be great for calcium since stopping HRT. LOL
    Sorry you were down with the flu and wish you a speedy recovery and great week.

Hello, again, to everyone here. It’s been a while since I posted any comments but I have read with interest how folk are managing. I hope this post encourages all those ladies (of a certain) age who have just started the Intermittent Fasting diet. It’s taken me two years (that’s with a long interruption due to surgery and radiotherapy) but I have finally reached my target weight. The NHS BMI scale shows I am now in the healthy range – woohoo! I am thankful to my hubby who helped me get to this point and will support me in maintaining a healthy diet and exercise regime. Certainly the increased exercise helped. I also have to watch how much alcohol I have pereweek so it’s down to a strict 2 glasses of wine or a pint of beer or a gladd of G&T. I can relax that a bit on holidays and festivities but I know that I will need to use the IF regime to help keep the wieght from building up again. Feeling a lot fitter and I’m three sizes smaller for clothes. Thank you for all the support here and lots of good advice. So onward and ‘downward’, ladies, you can do it!

Congrats Heather and good on you! Not only have you reached your goal and continued on through interruptions that delayed but never derailed you. Two years is proof of your commitment
    to this WOL and a healthy range BMI is your reward. I applaud your success.
    Thanks for encouraging us newbies…..today is a FD and I enjoy reading this site as I postphone food for a while.
    Hope everyone has a wonderful day, tomorrow is right around the corner if anyone is struggling with FD…..that thought makes it easier for me to stay the road.

CSLB, you had asked for vegetarian dinners, so I am sending some:

Zucchini Fritatta: 280 cal 12.8 g fat 3.5 g fiber 20.3 g protein 14.6 g carb 296 mg Calcium GF PB HINT: serves two, so save half for lunches or dine with a friend. Inspired by a recipe in Fresh Ways with Vegetables, https://www.amazon.com/Fresh-Ways-Vegetables-Healthy-Cooking/dp/080945808X part of a Time-Life series. This is really delicious and can be prepared any time of year.
    2 two-oz eggs + 2 egg whites ¼ cup low-fat ricotta chesse thyme, salt, pepper to taste 3 oz mushrooms, chopped 2 cloves garlic, minced or pressed ¼ c. onion, chopped ½ pound zucchini, grated 1 tsp lemon juice 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated 1 – ½ oz mozzerella cheese, grated
    Whisk the eggs, ricotta, salt, pepper, and thyme together. Heat the broiler. Cook the mushrooms, garlic, and onion in an oven-safe pan for 2-3 minutes. Add zucchini and lemon juice and cook about 5 minutes, until vegetables are soft and all the liquid has evaporated. Turn the heat down to medium and stir in the Parmesan. Smooth the surface of the vegetables in the pan and pour in the egg/ricotta mixture. [OR: spritz two 8” cast iron pans with non-stick spray. Divide the zucchini mixture between the 2 pans, spreading it out and smoothing it down. Pour 100 ml of the egg mixture into each pan, tilting it to distribute the egg evenly.] Cook on the stove-top for 1 minute. Sprinkle with mozzerella and put under the broiler for 2-3 minutes. Cut in half, if cooking in one pan. Save that half for tomorrow or serve proudly to your dinner companion.

Vegetable Quiche: 268 calories 14 g fat 2.9 g fiber 24 g protein 12.5 g carbs [8.5 g Complex] 293 mg Calcium PB GF I made this recipe with the idea of a crustless quiche [some might call it a fritatta or a tortilla] that didn’t break the bank on calories. Designed to serve two, I was unable to finish my portion because it was so large.
    4 two-oz eggs 2/3 cup zucchini, grated [2 oz] ¼ cup red onion, chopped 1 cup broccoli, diced 1/3 cup diced red bell pepper [1.75 oz] 4 Tbsp cottage cheese, lower fat 2 Tbsp plain yogurt 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese lots of chopped fresh herbs 3 oz tomato, diced [½ cup] 1 oz mozzerella cheese, grated salt + pepper
    Prepare the vegetables [except the tomatoes] and steam them over simmering water for 3-4 minutes. Drain over an empty bowl to capture any remaining liquid. Put the vegetables into an oven-proof dish [I used a 9×7” oval] which has been spritzed with non-stick spray, and spread around evenly. Salt and pepper at will. Stir the cottage cheese, yogurt, Parmesan, and herbs until well-combined. Whisk the eggs well, then whisk in the cheese mixture. Pour over the vegetables. Chop the tomatoes and distribute them on top, then sprinkle with the grated mozzerella. Bake at 400 F. for 30 minutes – should be puffed and a little golden on top and set in the middle. Let the quiche sit while you shred the lettuce and toss it with the vinegar.

Rumbledethumps: 243 calories 10 g fat 4 g fiber 12.6 g protein 19.5 g carbs 171.4 mg Calcium PB GF Where do you get a recipe with a name like that? Sundays At Moosewood, [https://moosewoodcooks.com/products-page/cookbooks/sundays-at-moosewood-restaurant/] of course. Hearty meals like this, made with winter vegetables are common in Scotland and Ireland. HINT: The recipe makes enough for 2 servings. Wrap half in cling-wrap and foil and freeze for another dinner.
    ¼ pound potato 3 Tbsp skimmed milk 1.5 tsp butter ¼ tsp ground mace 2 egg whites ¼ pound cauliflower ¾ cup cabbage, chopped ½ cup leek, sliced ¼ cup broccoli, chopped 1/3 cup cheddar, grated per person: ¾ cup salad greens 1 oz tomato ½ tsp olive oil + ½ tsp cider vinegar
    Cut potato into chunks. Boil and mash with the cauliflower, milk, butter, and mace. Let cool. Steam the cabbage, leek, and broccoli until cooked. Take off the heat. Whip the eggwhites until stiff and fold into the potato/cauliflower mash. Taste for salt and pepper. Gently stir in the remaining steamed vegetables. Smooth into a lightly-spritzed baking dish. [choose the dish with the idea that you will be dividing this into 2 equal portions] Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake at 350 degrees F. until the cheese is bubbly and just starting to brown. Whisk the oil and vinegar together and toss in the greens. Serve the cool, crispy salad with the hot, creamy rumbledethumps. Good food.

Soccergran, glad you are eating cheese. My MD recommended Calcium shots of the sort on sees advertised on TV to help my porous bones. I countered with the idea of eating more Calcium [1100 mg/day] and exercising. She was good with that. Eating your calcium is much better than taking supplements. At our age, we really need to mind our bones.

Heather, well done!

longlife, you are doing well.

Gylyb, you are on the right path. Keep up the effort and you’ll see results.

Good find! I’ll certainly try the them…thank you. Gill

Viewing 50 posts - 7,151 through 7,200 (of 7,330 total)

You must be logged in to reply.