Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 382 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Maui 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 389 total)

• Day 10 UK NFD

I’m back – I too haven’t fasted this week @northgeorgia and pretty happen to see only a pound or 2 added which I’m hoping will be gone by next Friday

So pleased to hear your DH is heading home @maui

How frustrating you don’t have a supportive boss @daffodil2010 it definitely makes life tougher I do hope something changes soon

OK only a short month and we are already more than a third in let’s make the 18 days left count 💪

USA. Day 10. FD

Adding myself to the pocket list!

Pocket list day 10 ⭐️
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

I don’t know what is wrong with me! I just have to work hard. To many fails! Evening has become my downfall! I don’t know why because I am not an evening eater. Never have been! Now I can control the day but not the night! I will just have to work harder. Exercise is not an issue. I seem to like exercising!

Northgeorgia, I know how vacation eating can be a problem. After all, we are trying to have fun on a vacation! Welcome back from Vegas!

jaifaim, Portugal sounds wonderful!

Have a great day, everyone! 😊

Day 10 UK NFD

Hello! I’m back from conference, feeling wiped out and much puffier than when I left. No alcohol or sugary drinks, no fasting but some sensible eating and rather a lot of sugar energy in the form of chocolate. It was HARD – 9am-7pm plus fringe meetings at breakfast, lunch and dinner – so I have a sense of achievement in surviving. It feels like I’ve been on another planet for six days!

I’ll sleep, rest and restart more mindful eating this weekend ready for some good fasting next week. I’ll have a go at catching up with posts and get back to daily posting for accountability.

Wishing you all a good weekend, whatever it brings

Day 10 USA/HI NFD
    Posting for accountability but not sure how I will be doing with calorie counting today. Might turn into an unplanned FD with all going on right now. Could be too busy to eat!
    Our exciting day of bringing DH home today has turned into something quite different! DS51 tested positive for Covid this morning. Trying to get DH a bed to stay in another wing at the rehab facility where they do respite and long term. DH’s doctor does not want him coming home unless house is covid free. Yikes! Thankful our doctor was able to order paxlovid for DS51 as he is considered high risk with history of open heart surgery and stents. Praying it will be a mild case. And that other DS53,doesn’t get it too… as he is also high risk.

Day 11 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I don’t know how people can do B2Bs. I can do a successful FD or FD800. But then my BBL sets in, and I can’t do another the next day. Had a good day on Thursday, but then yesterday not so good. Thankfully not over the top. Today I am quite busy so I will try to be very careful.

@michelinme good on you for surviving the conference. That in itself sounds like a major achievement.

@ccco scientists say that for many of us by the end of the day our limited stock of self-control has been used up and therefore it is common for people to overeat in the evening after having not much difficulty eating healthily all day.

@maui look after yourself as well as DH while there is covid in the house. Thank goodness the doctor is looking out for your husband and doesn’t want him going to a covid house. Hope both your sons are well despite the covid.

Day 11 country West Australia NFD

Day 11, Germany, FD800

@maui I’m so sorry everything got so mixed up due to Covid, I hope it all will turn out fine. Take care!

@michelinme Enjoy your weekend after the conference!

Pocket list day 11
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@northgeorgia & @michelinme – welcome back!

@maui – oh no?! I hope your DS has a symptom-free experience. You have a little longer to prepare for your DH’s homecoming, at least?

@malee57 – I can’t do B2B FDs either. I could probably manage B2B FD800s if I was still trying to lose. But, what’s BBL? I Googled it, & all I came up with was Brazilian Butt Lift?! 😳

@ccco – I also had a bit of a snack-attack last night 🤦‍♂️ Aiming to be MUCH more controlled today, & maybe a Sunday FD tomorrow 🎯

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 11 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

@lilymartin I Hope you are doing ok 💕
    I had to look up “ deleterious” a new word for me but a good one!

@maui I’m so sorry for you… what a terrible shame the your son has tested positive – thinking of you and hoping everyone else remains Covid free and that he is not too badly affected. You certainly are having a very tough time so sending good thoughts.

Well done to the returning holidaymakers ✔️ it’s great when you get back to realise very little damage has been done… I’m not away until the middle of next week so will aim to apply myself before then.

@funshipfreddie it will be interesting to see what suggestions pop up for you now after your internet search for BBL 😂😂😂

@ccco you can do it… 💪 I’m having to work really hard too and not seeing results but maybe there might be a whoosh soon 🤞. I must keep the faith.

Enjoy your well earned rest @michelinme and have a lovely weekend everyone 🌼

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 11 UK NFD

Another busy rugby weekend but first thing Monday morning I’m buckling down 💪

I look forward to having the BBL explained 🤣🤣🤣

Oh dear @maui what a lot you have to cope with just now thank goodness you are so strong

Phew I felt tired just reading your schedule @michelinme , please take it easy this weekend

Have a good one all 👋

Day 11 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD Didn’t weigh…

What?? I didn’t weigh, you ask? WHY?? (Because you all know I weigh every morning, and most nights, and sometimes in between just because I always have.)

Because yesterday’s OMAD plan turned into EFS.

‘Nuff said.

@michelinme Your conference sounds exhausting even without long covid and all your other health issues! Welcome back, and I hope you regain strength and restful energy quickly!

@maui Oh DEAR!!! Such dramatic commotion you have when you were anticipating cheerful commotion. Prayers that DS51 doesn’t get particularly sick, and that you and DS53 both avoid it! Your DH must be very disappointed not to be coming home and confused to be in a different location.

PEOPLE!! Pay ATTENTION! From @malee57‘s Jan 23 post: “I need to try to keep in mind that if I overeat because of the BBL (bingeing brain lizard)…” 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣 I too was attacked yesterday by the BBL!

Okay, off to do everything I can to stay away from home and the kitchen! Have a grand one, everyone.

Day 11 – UK Cam – NFD
    Missed posting yesterday – just one of those extra busy days! Weighed in at 138.4 which is 0.4 lb loss on week, I guess it’s going to be slow but sure this month!

Quiet day today – granny duty from 10.30 to 4.30 with ‘left over Turkish take-away from last night – a treat for you, Granny’ – lunch – well, it was very tasty but not kind to the calorie counter! I shall try an 800FD tomorrow simply because I have a date at 12 noon to watch DGD doing a driving experience at the nearby showground. She’s only 11 so should be very interesting, albeit cold hanging about for an hour in the carpark. I’ll see how it goes.

I definitely have a Bingeing Brain Lizard lurking somewhere – he sneaks out between 11 pm and 3 am when I can’t sleep and tiptoe down to get a cup of tea, he rattles the biscuit tin or reminds me where the open box of chocolates is hidden …

@stitchincarol – don’t despair, we all have bad days – hope you had a busy day to keep your mind off food.

@funshipfreddie – Brazilian Butt Lift??? I love the idea!! 🙂

Have a good weekend everyone!

USA. Day 11. FD

Malee57, thank you for that tidbit. Maybe I should go to bed earlier. When the weather gets warmer, maybe an evening walk will help. This has been so frustrating. Thanks FUNSHIPFREE! I am really going to stomp down on this evening eating! :(. I am with you Jaifaim! Maybe we both will get to see that whoosh! That would be awesome! Stitchincarol, I don’t weigh myself everyday because if I don’t see a positive result, I am done for the day. Once a week is better for me! I hope I am not having an attach of the BBL!

Pocket list day 11
    @snowflake56
    @ccco

Snowflake56, I wasn’t going to let you be alone on that pocket list! 🙂

I wish you all a wonderful and successful weekend! 🙂

Day 11 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: dunno, we’ll say 221 lbs as an average. Was bouncing all around this morning. Will do a FD tomorrow. While gone, a longtime neighbor (and my 3rd grade teacher) passed away, so going to a funeral in a minute.

Got to get ready. Boarding the fasting train again next week with hopefully a new approach to NFDs to get off this plateau and slight rise.

Day 12 Melbourne, Australia NFD

It’s 5.30am and I am finally sleepy again after being awake since 3am. I’m not happy about this! I need my sleep. I have done a bit of cleaning cupboards and tidying up.

I’m trying @funshipfreddies trick of doing TRE on NFDs. That way if the BBL (@stitchincarol has it right) rears its ugly head, it has only a few hours to do its worst.

This morning I will go to the park and do some strength work. And this afternoon go to a classic music concert. A nice relaxed day planned. But first off to try for another couple of hours sleep.

Day11. USA NFD
    Just a quick note to say thank you to everyone for the thoughtful words of encouragement. DH seems ok with the change of rooms but I think he misses the staff at the old room. He had gotten to know them. Gaining trust and feeling comfortable with those doing all your personal care must be difficult for him. He was a bit confrontational with staff person trying to change his clothes etc in the new room last night. Just getting ready to head over again. How I would love to stay home in bed!
    DS51 is feeling better today… hoping covid will be gone soon. This is first time for covid in immediate family so all new to us. Hoping for the best but unsure of how this is going to play out with trying to get DH home. I think they are kicking him out on Wednesday no matter what… so we best be ready with plan if DS still testing positive!
    Being very lax with counting calories but also not going wild with eating so it will ok. Best I can do right now.
    Thank you again for the love and support… and sending it right back. Everyone here faces some challenge … part of being human. “Hang in there” to all of us!

USA. Day 11 Second Post

My heart goes out to you, Maui. Your descriptions remind me so much of the days when I was taking care of my father a long time ago. Good bless you both.

Day 12 AUS FD800

@maui, I am sending you so much solidarity and support; I was temporarily caring for both parents through different and simultaneous medical issues a few years ago (in full pandemic conditions), and it is really draining and hard. Do take care of you, too.

I am one of those returning from work trips – there’s a few of us! Yesterday was a planned relaxed eating day, but not remotely ove the top. Today the scales say 56.3k (124lbs). I track my weight on MFP, and I was 60.3k (133lbs) on January 18. (And 57.7k this time last week.)

I am doing Mon-Fri FD800, and 1200-1500 on weekends. My energy stays up that way, and I lose during the week. It’s so hot here at the moment, no one feels much like eating . . .

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD
    Days 7-10 — NFD

The tooth infection is still in the process of healing up. I saw the endodontist again, and he thought the progress was satisfactory. He did prescribe a new, stronger antibiotic which I just started today. With the previous one the fatigue has been very high and that is the reason that I haven’t been posting the last few days. I’m still counting the bites, and am significantly reducing how much I eat. When I weighed myself this last week, the scales read 186 lb (84.4 kg). So 6 lb have been gained over the course of the infection! I’m hopeful that the reduction in the daily number of bites will help to reverse that upwards trend in weight until such time as I’m able to resume fasting.

@litprof That is really fine progress since mid-January!

@maui You are doing well being mindful of your eating with all that’s on your plate! I hope that things go okay for your DH and that when he needs to come home all will be well with your DS also!

@malee57 The concert sounds interesting! What musical pieces did they showcase?

@northgeorgia My heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your neighbor. I’m looking forward to getting back on the fast train also — you know, life on the fast track?

Day 12, Germany, FD800

@ccco Thank you for yesterday’s company, it’s always nice to know I’m not the only one fasting that day!

Pocket list day 12
    @litprof FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol & @malee57 okay, I got it – BINGEING BRAIN LIZARD! 🦎 😅

@malee57 – sleep deprivation is the worst! I feel like a train wreck if I don’t get at least 7 hours. One trick that works for me if I wake up during the night is to not look at the time. I’m not sure why it works, but I usually get back to sleep very quickly if I don’t know what time it is 💤

@litprof – great progress! Joining you & @snowflake56 on the list. Nothing beats Monday morning PFDS 🏋

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 12 🍓
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 12 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Have a good Sunday FD @litprof & @snowflake56 ⭐️

A busy day ahead for me catching up with French friends and family over for the match♥️ 🤍 💙 .

Have a lovely day everybody.

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 12 2nd post

I did not end up doing any strength work as I went back to sleep and did not get up until late. But still feel like I have a lot of sleep to catch up on.

@matpi I saw/listened to John O’Donnell playing Cesar Franck on the organ. It was on a beautiful old pipe organ in a magnificent old church. I did not know what to expect, but really enjoyed it.

I have had a satisfying NFD today and am ready for a FD tomorrow. I have not done a proper FD for 2 weeks and am looking forward to it.

Day 12 UK NFD

Well done to todays fasters

Hope your visitors weren’t to upset with the result @jaifaim

Have a good Sunday all see you on the big list tomorrow

Day 12 – USA/GA – NFD.

The mask is ripped off. OCTOBER 14, 2021. I last weighed 223 lbs on that date, and guess what — that’s my weigh-in this morning. Yes, I can blame the week off and the extra carbs upon my return for this, but this is also a wake-up call. I’m headed in the wrong direction, and it has to do with my NFD behavior. Time to enforce some changes. I’ll start by taking a nutritious lunch to work tomorrow instead of eating out. I’ll have something decent to eat at home that night, too. I can do this.

Pocket List – Day 12 🍓
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 12. FD

Pocket List – Day 12 🍓
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Day 13, NFD, Aus

Work lunch today – so debating whether this will be an OMAD given Mondays are usually my FD to kick off the week.

Excellent words of wisdom @funshipfreddie – thanks for sharing.

Oh no, @maui! What terrible news! Cross fingers your son makes a quick recovery and you can get hubby home soon.

You CAN do this @northgeorgia. Was it you who used to have a paper chain with different weights written on it, and you’d ceremoniously rip each link off when you hit a new lower weight? That seemed to work for you.

Day 13 country west Australia FD 86.4 kg

Day 13, Germany, FD800

@jaifaim and @funshipfreddie Thank you, I’m doing FD800 for a while, it’s much easier than doing a FD500 and I don’t feel so restricted.

Pocket list day 13
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

FD done & dusted 💪 And a real Sunday pocket list?! We’re really putting the ‘focused’ into Focused February. Scales up by over half a kilo since my last weigh-in though. I need to knuckle down on NFDs. I can eat substantially more than I was eating before I quit the booze, but I lost the plot Friday/Saturday.

@merryapple – I hope that cyclone isn’t causing you any problems. A friend in Snell’s Beach told me her power went out yesterday. Stay safe!

I need to get an eye test done today. My driving license has to be renewed tomorrow. Sounds simple, but I’m not looking forward to it. Has to be done every 5 years, & it’s always a hoot & a half dealing with government departments here. We had only one machine for the entire country that printed the licenses, & a massive backlog occurred during the Covid lock-downs. Then that one machine broke down, & it had to be sent to Germany to be repaired! You really can’t make this stuff up. So, if you never hear from me again after tomorrow, I’ll be standing in a queue somewhere in the Eastern Cape 😥 🚗

Have a good week everyone

Day 13 Melbourne, Australia FD

My day is at the tail end and I’ll go to bed early to try to avoid the evening munchies.

Wow @funshipfreddie sounds like you are going to have a fun day. My sisters tell me off because I am a nurse in the Eye Hospital in Melbourne, and I have not had my eyes tested in years. I wear magnifying readers for most things, and they are enough for me. Do you need to get the eye test done as a prerequisite for renewing your license?

Pocket list Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @malee57

Day 13 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

I don’t know what’s going on… I’m being pretty good and mindful but not dropping…
    Must stay focused…
    I did eat popcorn this weekend and wonder if that’s the issue… but otherwise on track and no EFS. Maybe the medication…
    Will wait and see.
    @brightonbelle they were devastated 😂 but a good night after the match sorted them out – there was a fabulous vibe in the city this weekend.

Have a good day everyone 🌺

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @malee57
    @jaifaim

Day 13 UK FD

Right another Monday reset for me

START : recoding accurately
    exercising
    being focused

STOP: mindless eating
    lolling around

There’s still more than half the month left and I’m determined to see a loss this month

@jaifaim – I bet it was brilliant Saturday night ☘️

@snowflake56 – quite nice having that bit more flexibility I’m aiming to join you Tomorrow & Wednesday

Pocket list Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @malee57
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 13 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 220 lbs. Grrr… let’s get back to the 210s and to the 200s. Taking my healthier lunch to work today and have chicken thawing in the refrigerator for tonight. I will be patient during this reset. Yes, I have the paper chain still, but it’s been gathering dust for a year (no weight loss since last March). May have to put more links on to get me back on track.

Day 13 UK CD

Thank you for the welcome back lovely people. DD stayed at the weekend and we had family over for Sat brunch so it was neither quiet nor controlled. I’m a massive Six Nations fan/Scotland & Ireland supporter, so very happy after the weekend’s results.

I’ve not yet rested or caught up…having pushed through any body signals for the last week I was still buzzing with adrenaline until yesterday afternoon, then the wall of tiredness really hit me! I slept like the dead last night but am wiped out and aching all over today – just staying up long enough for annual gas service visit then I’ll be in bed and asleep before dark.

Unsurprisingly I’ve been in the overtired carb/sugar habit and am now a whole SIX POUNDS up on 10 days ago, but hoping it will be EOEO. This morning I found a box of granola and had some for brunch without thinking about calories which has rather put paid to fasting today. Now plan to fast Tues/Weds/Thurs this week to jump start my focus again. On the positive side I’ve made a massive carrot/sweet potato/pea dhal for this week’s suppers and will have simple egg/spinach lunches too. Also Lent starts on 1 March – usually a good boundary for me to let go of things that aren’t doing me any favours (sugar) and make space for things which feed my inner rather than outer self 😀

@merryapple I’m so sorry for your loss x
    @maui hope DH has settled in – and DS recovers very soon
    @litprof that is impressive progress – well done!
    @brightonbelle I’m with you on the half month reset

Day 13 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 155.6

I expected my weight to be up, because I knew I’d eat and drink a lot last night, but it’s still a sad number to record. Tonight is our Valentine’s Day dinner since tomorrow’s piano lessons will make it impossible: small beef tenderloin steaks, some scallops for each, brown butter pasta, and steamed green beans. We’ll have baked brie with peach butter, all spread on baguette slices for an appetizer, and some some milk chocolate turtles for dessert. There will be wine. And then tomorrow’s FD will be so welcome!

There were some amazing options at our Super Bowl feast last night (YAY Chiefs!!!) that were truly swoon-worthy, but I’m making progress on learning restraint: at one point I wanted another ______ (don’t remember what), but told my friend that my mouth wanted it, but my stomach was done, and I was determined to pay more attention to my stomach than my mouth. She agreed and said that if I did happen to give in to having another, my mouth would still want yet more, so it made best sense to quit already. (Badly phrased, but you get what she meant…she said it better than I am.) So true, isn’t it? So, despite the scale this morning, I did okay yesterday, given the event.

@gardenlily Actually, Saturday turned out wonderful: around noon, I suddenly was reminded I was supposed to substitute as organist at another church at 5:45 that evening–I’d completely forgotten!!!–so I suddenly had to rearrange my entire day, and right when the nibble monster would have kicked in, I was on my way to that church, and then didn’t get home until 8pm. Whew! I was SO thankful not to have forgotten so long that I simply failed to show up, LOL!

@malee57 Oh, how fun to have heard an organ recital of Franck! I never did study any of his stuff, but a fellow organist friend did and I enjoyed hearing her play his stuff.

@funshipfreddie Oh, my word, what drama to simply renew your license! I do hope it’s all gone well for you.

@michelinme Fascinating about Lent: for us in the states, Ash Wednesday is 2/22 and the start of Lent. Hopefully you’ll catch up on your rest and feel better tomorrow; your weekend sounded lovely even if it wasn’t quiet or restful!

We’re supposed to get up to 60F/16C today, so I’m trying to talk myself into going out and cleaning out the garden of last year’s dead growth. It doesn’t sound like much fun, but it will sure be nice to have it done if I succeed in finding the motivation to get out there, and then when the bulbs start poking through in a couple months, it will be easy to see them and watch their progress.

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 13. FD800

I have decided that what I need is to be stricter with my diet! I gained 3 lbs.! I am having a fit. Well, I decided I need to eat 800 calories everyday. By keeping track of what I eat, I hope to start going downwards. I read that eating 800 calories per day, you can lose up to 11 lbs. I don’t know if that is really possible but it has to be better than what I am doing now.

Adding myself to the pocket list.

Pocket list Day 13
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @malee57
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco FD800

I hope you all have a great day!

Day 13 second post

@ccco If you can maintain 800 calories per day, you will most certainly lose weight faster than you have been losing. The 11 pounds thing? That must be tied to a certain amount of time where you read it…perhaps in a month or two? Whatever. I do believe that people are recommended not to do 800 calories a day every day indefinitely; does anyone else know further details?

I actually came to post my pride and my disappointment, LOL. I managed to get myself outside to clean out the perennial bed of all the dead stems and branches plus plenty of fall leaves that I never cleaned out last fall; I laughed when DH–who helped me, bless his heart–told me it looked good when we were done. I told him I agreed, but pointed out what “looks good” on February 13 is a VERY different standard from what “looks good” on, say, June 13! Plus, I’m exhausted by the two hour effort it was, but my Fitbit recorded very little in the way of steps or calories burned, so there’s the disappointment. I recognize this wasn’t walking, but given the effort–and the constantly moving arm–I really thought it would show up more.

Oh well. A funny detail: I’ve never weeded before and encountered slabs of ice in the garden! 🤣🤣 It may be nearly 60f/16c and feel absolutely GLORIOUS out there, but the ground is still quite frozen, so many patches of dead stuff had to be left where they were because they were frozen in place. An effort that will make me grin to remember for a long time!

Day 14, NFD, Aus

How did you go with your eye test and licence, @funshipfreddie?

I was going to ask whether you were motivated to tackle your garden, @stitchincarol, but I think the real question was whether you started (took an action) and THEN felt motivated!

Oh this week is dragging….

Day 14 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Yesterday’s FD went okay though I did manage to sneak in a vegemite sandwich. So, no PFDS for me.

I went to visit my father and stepmother which was a good day. My intentions of going over every couple of weeks usually becomes closer to a month. And my father is not one who will chat on the phone.

Today will be relatively busy so hopefully the NFD will stay under control.

Recently I was listening to an interview with Dr Luigi Fontana who is one of the researchers into intermittent fasting. A big reason for many people to do IF is for its purported longevity bonuses. This happens because the diet reduces inflammation in the body. But they have found that what you eat on your NFD is really important here. If you eat too much protein the hoped for reduction in inflammation does not occur. Another reason to watch what I eat on a NFD.

@penz thanks for the reminder to take action. I am going to make some soap this morning and then take action to go to the park and do some strength work. I ran out of time the other day when I was planning on going.

Have a good Valentine’s Day

USA. Day 13. FD800
    Second Post

Today went well and I closed my kitchen at 730 calories. Stitchincarol, I read the same thing about how long one should continue on 800 calories per day. I am going to see how much a weigh and some point I will up the number. I am not even hungry so I made good choices in my food today. I can’t wait to see my results next Saturday.

I hope you all had a successful day!

Day 14, Germany, FD800

@funshipfreddie How did your eye-test go?

@stitchincarol and @ccco It seems you can do FD800 up to 12 weeks, the weight you lose of course depends on your starting weight and the amount you have to lose. I’m on day 14 now and until now I lost 1.4 kg/3 lbs. I don’t have to lose much and only intend to do it for one month.

@ccco Just try out how it goes, I find it not too difficult. I leave out breakfast, at noon I have yoghurt with fruit, oats, linseed and a few nuts then later for dinner something light. I hope you don’t mind I added you on the pocket list.

@brightonbelle Let’s do it!

Pocket list day 14
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 14 💞 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@stitchincarol – as @snowflake56 said – the FD800 can be done for up to 12 weeks https://thefast800.com/the-very-fast-800/

@malee57, @penz & @stitchincarol & @snowflake56 – yes, the eye test is for the driving license renewal. You can get it done at the centre, but I thought getting it done at an opticians might save time. But I was talking to the lady who owns the place where I drop off my laundry (yes, I’m THAT lazy 😜) & she said her husband had his license updated recently; she said he booked an appointment online (?!) & was there for only an hour! So it sounds like there’s been a vast improvement & it may not turn out to be the ordeal I’ve been imagining. They also take your photo & finger print – every five years. Like it might change or something? I mean, I know our vision can deteriorate, but I’m pretty sure the finger prints stay the same? Apparently the license is going to be revised/modernised later this year, & we’ll only have to update it every 8 years. Just my luck. Anyway, I’ve got my appointment for this afternoon, & I’m supposed to be there one hour before the scheduled time, so it’s sort of like going to the airport 😅

Crazy weather here too. Heavy rain/floods & a state of disaster has been declared in 7 out of 9 provinces. Meanwhile, here in Port Elizabeth we’re still in a serious drought situation. It’s supposed to rain later today & for the next couple of days though 🤞🤞

Happy Valentine’s Day 💞 🎁 🍫

Day 14❣️ – Dorset – FD

I did post yesterday but after typing it all out, I found I wasnt logged in so I lost all my posting, and then ran out of time.

Very misty here this morning I can’t even see to the bottom of my garden, BBC weather did say that it should lift by lunch time and then glorious sunshine 😎.

@funshipfreddie – I dont’t think it has hit the news here that there is a state of emergency in 7 of your provinces, we have heard about New Zealand which looks horrendous.

I actually joined the Fast 800 as they give a lot of recipes and support, but as I was unable to eat the majority of the menus, and got a bit hung up on whether I was getting all my nutrients or not, I cancelled my membership.
    But, other friends who have done it have lost their weight and kept it off.

@ccco – I loved that phrase “and I closed my kitchen at 7.30” what a good idea!

@malee57 – there are so many fantastic reasons to fast, but I love that it helps you body heal.

@stitchincarol – enjoy your gardening, it will soon be spring and you will be able to dig your beds!

Pocket list day 14
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @dramaqueen6

Good fasting everyone, keep healing those bodies!

Day 13 USA/HI NFD
    Signing in and then off to bed… feeling very exhausted. I had hoped to make this a FD800 but closed the day at 959 ….so at least it was a good controlled calorie NFD. Trying to retrain myself to log calories daily again. Weight has gone up about 3 lbs after 3 or 4 days of not using MFP. Lesson learned!
    Good day visiting DH. He seems adjusted and fine with the new location. I’ve been impressed with the RN’s as they seem to appreciate communicating with me and dealing with a few minor concerns. DH had 2 negative Covid tests and if tomorrow’s test is negative he can leave his room and go with us to the garden area again. Now scheduled to come home Thursday. DS51 feeks he’s symptom free as of yesterday. Apparently 5 days of no symptoms and you can come out of isolation even if still testing positive. But I am checking with our doctor to see how to handle contact with DH if DS51 is still positive. I may take a day off and stay home as DS53 will visit with his dad tomorrow.
    Appreciate everyone’s support here. May our challenges make us stronger! So easy to fall back into the habits that take us where are determined not to go!

Day 13 USA/HI NFD
    Signing in and then off to bed… feeling very exhausted. I had hoped to make this a FD800 but closed the day at 959 ….so at least it was a good controlled calorie NFD. Trying to retrain myself to log calories daily again. Weight has gone up about 3 lbs after 3 or 4 days of not using MFP. Lesson learned!
    Good day visiting DH. He seems adjusted and fine with the new location. I’ve been impressed with the RN’s as they seem to appreciate communicating with me and dealing with a few minor concerns. DH had 2 negative Covid tests and if tomorrow’s test is negative he can leave his room and go to the garden area again. Now scheduled to come home Thursday. DS51 feels he’s symptom free as of yesterday. Apparently 5 days of no symptoms and you can come out of isolation even if still testing positive. But I am checking with our doctor to see how to handle contact with DH if DS51 is still positive. I may take a day off and stay home as DS53 will visit with his dad tomorrow.
    Appreciate everyone’s support here. May our challenges make us stronger! So easy to fall back into the habits that take us where are determined not to go!

Day 14 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Have to rush as I was trying to catch up on posts but time has got the better of me. DH and I were off in our camper van for a long weekend out west and it was the perfect reset button. We really needed it.

Back to work today. I gave loads to comment on, but will try to log on tonight (unless DH pulls out the suprise romantic dinner for Valentines that is 😄).

Just to say my boss and I had a “chat”…..I had sent her a mail looking for her to check some documents, and finished with telling her that somebody else more experienced should look after this work as I was not happy with the current situation. So she wanted a “chat” about that. I straight out told her I was not happy with her support for me and that I needed guidance and leadership with the task and not to be ignored. Oh age was all about I will be there for you, blah blah…..but I think she thought I was going to walk 😄 Let’s see how it goes. I told her the buck stops with her so I don’t care if people think mistakes made are my fault, I just done care.

Ha ha, no WAY would Daffodil of 20 years ago would have said that to the boss!
    👍🚐 but it’s true, I know that I will not worry as the buck stops with her. Great to be older and not give a care 😆

Have a great Tuesday.

Day 13 – FD
    Day 14 -UK Cam NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well altho I think it ended up more an 800 than 500 as I woke at 2.30 am really hungry – that empty, growling type – probably due to all the digging and clearing I did yesterday whilst volunteer gardening (9 – 3 with hr for lunch) but we had a large team in so were able to spread out the jobs nicely and I was working against a red brick wall in the sunshine on an island surrounded by moat with swans – pretty fantastic! I succumbed to a sourdough toast and marmite snack in the middle of the night and then slept well.

Today will be working on my own plot, once the mist clears – down to 0c this morning when I walked the dog and so wet everywhere altho no rain. DH feeling the cold and coughing a lot, again, so not a happy bunny – I’ll be glad to escape to the plot for a couple of hours. I totally agree that it’s not the FDs that are the problem (so long as you plan them carefully) but the NFDs – I need to keep better track of the calories.

Happy Valentine’s Day everyone!

Day 14 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hello! Great FD yesterday… my best this year… so am proud. Let’s see if it makes a difference… still no whoosh @ccco – but I’m not giving up. 💪

Feeling wiped but doing all the right things… I’ll get there.

I hope you all have a very happy day wherever you are. ♥️

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 14 NFD Auckland

We have now had 3 days of violent winds and torrential rain… the land is soaked so if you are low lying there are floods and if high, slips – on top of or under houses, blocking roads etc… a lot of the provincial and rural areas are cut off, burst rivers, bridges gone, cell towers and power outages, coastal erosion etc etc. The cyclone covers all the North Island and the top of the South. The PM declared a national emergency.
    My house has a new roof and I’m on volcanic soil on a hill so have good drainage. I’m surrounded by tall trees that are flexing and shaking in the wind making lots of noise and small branches are breaking off.
    I’ve been helping two different friends with flooded houses and leaking roofs – moving furniture, pulling up carpets, emptying out the kitchen and mopping water.
    I think we have another 36 hrs before things settle down. And this is summertime down here!
    Should loose some weight without much effort this week!
    Go girrl! @daffodil2010
    Take care @maui
    @funshipfreddie we’re meant to be in a drought at this time of year…
    OMG Turkey and Syria… what a catastrophe.
    Got to go bed…
    Onward and downward, one and all

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.