Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 382 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Maui 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 389 total)

• Day 14 – USA/GA – ZBC/NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. I really HATE being back in the 220s. Gotta make it go away. Taking my lunch to work again today with some healthy low carb options. Will also control portions at supper as I did last night, but will watch the 8:00 hour and try to re-establish it as a stopping point. No soft drinks yesterday, nor planned for today. Hoping these little steps on NFD will yield results this month.

Day 14 UK F800

Midway point gang , let’s see February out in style

@ccco as @snowflake56 advises 12 weeks is the initial maximum time but there are all sorts of mix and match options , I book the kindle ebook when it was on sale it may be worth you having a look ?

@snowflake56 thanks for adding me to the list

@maui I hope things continue to improve and you are all together soon safely

@jaifaim Good to get a fast under your belt 💪

@merryapple – Sounds terrible down in NZ just hope things do settle swiftly

@northgeorgia – sounds like you have a plan – still 1/2 of the month left 💪

Pocket list day 14❤️
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @dramaqueen6

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD 155.4

I entered my food into MFP yesterday, but think I was overly generous in choosing quantities, because it says I was close to 2,000 calories for the day. For one meal. For one meal that I didn’t even finish. Hmmm… I finally decided it didn’t matter because I’d eaten exactly to plan, and it was our Valentine’s celebration, and today would be a new day. 🤷‍♀️ Plus, it sure was good. 😋

@penz Ooooo…EXCELLENT point that I took action (in the garden) and THEN felt motivation! And I actually did: I have overalls for work in the garden, and hunted them down and had them on and was putting on my gardening shoes when I took a moment to look our the window to see just exactly what I was tackling–and felt a rush of pleasure that it would be so fun to work out there. So, yeah, action THEN motivation.

@malee57 You make soap? What kind? Why? (Fun or reasons of what’s in it?) Cool!

@funshipfreddie I was fascinated to read the details of getting a license where you are; thanks for sharing. For me, here in Nebraska/USA? I went online, identified myself, paid my money ($10? $20? don’t actually remember), and printed out the confirmation my license was renewed (especially important because I’d forgotten to do it before it expired on my birthday), and that was that. The actual license, using the photo I’d had taken 4 years ago, arrived in the mail about two weeks later. No finger prints, no eye test, no appointment, no long wait (except for the mail). And crazy weather indeed that so much of the country is flooded, and you’re still in drought!

@dramaqueen Yesterday was a lovely foretaste of spring gardening, and I’m so pleased I got that work done…spring didn’t seem far off yesterday, but it’s supposed to get down to 7F/-14C on Thursday night, so that will be a solid reminder I have to wait for April or even May to do much. 🤷‍♀️ That’s the reality of gardening in the Midwest on the American Plains.

@maui I have so much respect for you and how you’re handling all this, and especially that you haven’t thrown in the towel where 5:2, 800 calories, and losing weight is concerned. You are showing seriously impressive RESOLVE.

@daffodil2010 Well DONE to have been so upfront and honest with your boss!!!! I look forward to hearing how she handles things going forward!

@gardenlily Your gardening yesterday in the sun against a brick wall surrounded by a moat with swans? Wow. Very ENGLAND–that will not be found anywhere I garden here in Nebraska!! 😂🤣😂

@jaifaim Well done for persevering despite no whoosh and little discernable results. Who was it had a 3 month plateau but lost three sizes?? I remember reading that, but don’t remember who said. Anyway, we know it happens!

@merryapple Oh my. Oh my. You were wonderfully descriptive, and having grown up in the Pacific Northwest, I really do have a solid sense of what you’re going through; so glad you at least are safe and in a good location.

@northgeorgia Well done on good behavior yesterday; it’s simply a one-day-at-a-time process, isn’t it?

Well, it’s time to get my day started in a real way. Have a grand one, everyone, and Happy Valentine’s Day to all!

Pocket list day 14
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @gardenlily
    @stitchincarol WF

Day 14 UK NFD

Not a fast day but posting for accountability.I’m finding ithard to transition from the busyness of last week to fasting rhythm again. Note to self – MUST start reading the ‘how to quit emotional eating’ book!

I’m TIRED and have done the things I needed to do today: caught up with PA & most emails, done chores, shower & hairwash, attended 2hr zoom meeting. Now thinking about how early I can go to bed – if I finish supper by 5.30pm I can be in PJs by 6.30pm and asleep by 8.30pm…..

@merryapple NZ weather sounds positively Biblical. V glad you are okay and able to help your neighbours

@funshipfreddie hope the appt was as smooth as it sounded

@daffodil2010 go you! That’s a wonderful way to model clear communication and boundaries – woop woop!

@maui thinking of you as the family come together

@jaifaim hold fast to what works – the rest will come. @stitchincarol it was me who stayed on the same weight but went down 3 sizes when I first tried this WOL in 2018. Something is always changing, and sometimes it is what we measure

Off for supper and early zzzzz. Tomorrow is another day and sleep can do the trick when nothing is quite working

Day 15 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Last night I went out with a friend and saw Sarah Millican, a comedian. I was with a friend, and we had dinner at a vegetarian restaurant which meant it was healthy, and not too high in calories. In the CBD we have mostly cafes with fried food as take away so we are very lucky to have a Hare Krishna restaurant.

@Daffodil2020 that was so well done to talk to your manager. Hopefully she will take some of what you said onboard and think about how she deals with people.

@merryapple sounds like you have been and still are a very rough time. Glad that you are still okay and able to help your neighbours.

@stitchincarol I make soap to use myself or to give as gifts. I haven’t done any for a few years so had to be very carefully follow the instructions so as not to mess up. if yesterday’s batch works out I’ll try to do another one next week.

Have a good day everyone.

Day 15, FD, Aus

Hanging in for accountability – had a lovely indulgent dinner last night which makes me feel like throwing in the towel. No! FD it is!!

Hope all is well across the ditch, @merryapple.

Day 15 country west Australia NFD 85.5 kgs
    Day 14 NFD 85.8 kgs
    @penz don’t throw in the towel !!!!!!!!! 😲 I am holding your hand and relying on you !!! 🤗
    Cruella is very very VERY reluctantly going down by stingy little grams BUT I am persisting .
    Just reviewed my tracking progress and am only 600 gms lighter than I was exactly 3 years ago so I am DETERMINED and RESOLVED to do better. 😣😣
    @jaifaim, hang in there ! Been there – when making a lot of effort for no apparent result – except of course the result by giving up was, in my case, a disaster !!!!! And much more work needing to be done now.🥵
    @merryapple, I saw some footage of the cyclone damage last night. It looks terrible. Hope you remain safe and especially when helping others. 🤞💐
    @malee57 I am surprised to hear about Melbourne’s CBD and take away. I remember being in Melbourne years ago and the choice of food was AMAZING compared with Perth. Although Perth has improved a lot since then!
    Melbourne used to be known as the food capital of Australia or so I am reliably informed by someone in the hospo industry. 🥂
    Off to earn some $$$ . Have a good day everyone.
    Onward and …..onward at this stage.

Day 14 Ohio, US — NFD
    Days 11-13 — NFD

The tooth is slowly healing, but the levels of fatigue have been extremely high. One bright spot is that I stepped on the scales yesterday and my weight had come down to 184 lb (83.5 kg), so the bite counting is helping! I think that I’ll continue doing that on my NFD’s when I’m able to get back to fasting.

@michelinme Your early retiring times amaze me! For me, an early time to head to bed is midnight!

@funshipfreddie and @stitchincarol In the US what you have to do to get a license varies widely from state to state. In Oregon, where I used to live, people over a certain age have to retake the “written” test every couple of years. I put “written” in quotes, because the tests where done at one of a bank of computer monitors. One time when I was doing my “retake” I observed that some people were using bilingual dictionaries to figure out what the road signs were indicating. They passed their tests, but I’ve always wondered how matters played out when they were motoring down the interstate. Well, . . . sometimes it may be better not to know.

Day 14 USA/HI FD800
    Finished the day under 800 calories and that feels good.
    Tomorrow I have an early morning medical appointment and then off to spend some time with DH. DS53 was with him for most of the afternoon and early evening while I stayed home. Looks like we are still on board to bring DH home Thursday. We are applying for Hospice care at home as we might get a little more help if DH qualifies… really not sure. However I am now finding out the help is much less than I thought. We might cancel that and go with the Home health program instead which does include some OT and PT but only for about 6 weeks. My head is spinning with trying to make these important decisions. I know I must sound like I am just repeating myself here… hopefully I will have some positive news to report soon.
    Thanks for being here….all your kind words lift me up when I can barely move.

Day 15, Germany, FD800

Just a quick check in today.

Pocket list day 15
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Suprised late afternoon at work by a florist delivery -beautiful bouquet with roses, lily, and an orchid centrepiece. Felt a tad embarrassed bringing it back to my desk, what with all the younglings of the office looking on, but shows that DH is still a big romantic after twenty years 😍

Thanks for the encouragement re my chat with the boss. Between us guys I really do not rate her, and I was glad I told her exactly what the problem was, ie her lack of guidance and direction. Sure it cleared the air anyway 👍

@maui, thinking of you and wishing you strength for all these decisions to make xx

@matpi, I giggled when you said an early night is midnight…I am firmly in the @michelinme camp of the earlier to bed the better!!! Though I do arise at 5.30am so going to bed at midnight is waaaay too late, often even at the weekend!!

Have a lovely hump day. It’s not an FD but it will be controlled.

Day 15 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Good morning!
    A good CD yesterday… and a really lovely day 💐 ☀️
    I am off this evening so will stay focussed while away and get a good FD in before I fly.

Wow @stitchincarol and @michelinme that is crazy! I don’t remember reading that but how complex our bodies are!! I am keeping the faith though and also very mindful of my health at moment so feel I can only be helping things by cutting out any rubbish… still think it’s the meds messing things up🤞

@maui please don’t worry about sharing your difficult times… we are here for you… it’s such a stressful time trying to sort out care, to care for those around you and to look after your own health. Hopefully the support will be in place soon and you can breathe a little easier… 💕

@matpi sorry to hear you are still suffering… but well done for still managing to count your bites.

Have a good day!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list day 15
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim

Day 15 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@stitchincarol – oh, that sounds so easy & sensible?! But, guess what? It was too good to be true. I got there nice & early to find they were… off-line?! 😥 And they couldn’t tell me when they’d be back on-line. And they’d been off-line since the previous day, so I wasn’t about to stick around. I mean, people take time off work to get their licenses renewed, & this is the kind of incompetence they’re up against. By the time I got back home & tried to make another appointment, the next available date was Feb 28th. Fortunately my license doesn’t expire until mid-April. But once you’ve actually submitted the form & paid the fee you can wait 6 – 8 weeks for the license to be ready for collection. And don’t even think about having it sent to you in the post 😳

@daffodil2010 – kudos to you for sticking up for yourself! 💪

@dramaqueen6 – we’ve actually got two states of disaster right now. One for the floods/torrential rain & one for our energy crisis. But there’s so much kak going on in the rest of the world that you’re unlikely to hear of them.

@maui – best wishes for your DH’s homecoming tomorrow 🤗

@merryapple – it seems like Mother Nature has a mission against NZ this week. I just heard on the radio two minutes ago – magnitude 6 earthquake in Wellington?!

I stumbled upon a pseudo-reality show on YouTube the other day – ‘Secret Eaters’? I’d never heard of it. It’s British. A family all with weight problems ask for help to lose weight. They tell the host what they believe they eat & why they think they’re overweight. And then they’re spied upon & monitored for a few days. And then put on a 10 week diet. It’s bizarre 😂 But kind of entertaining. I felt quite queasy just seeing what the daughter managed to put away in one day. Mind-boggling. Even the dog is fat?! This is the episode I watched:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9anoqIXGQ0

Happy Hump Day! 🐪🐫

Pocket List – Day 15 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @funshipfreddie

2nd Post – Day 15

Pocket List – Day 15 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie

Day 15 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. Today is the first day to eat out, and hoping to keep that under control. Tomorrow will be a FD. Hoping to see the 210s again next week and get rid of these post-Vegas bloated blues!

Day 15 UK F800

Sat in the dentist waiting room – regular occurrence recently, fearing the worse as face swollen again

Will catch up on all posts this afternoon

Pocket List – Day 15 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle F800

Day 15 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 154.0

Omaha is forecast to get 5-7″ of snow tonight, and we generally get about the same weather, so we’ll see what happens. Almost all our snow has finally been melted away, so it’s clearly time to get some more!

@michelinme Thanks for reminding us you were the one who went down 3 sizes even while on a plateau. I can imagine how astonishing that was for you, even as it was frustrating!

@malee57 So did yesterday’s soap work out? 🫧🧼

@penz I had a bit of an epiphany in mid-January when I nearly threw in the towel, and that was to reframe my thoughts. So, for you, I might suggest, rather than “I had a lovely indulgent dinner on the 14th, and simply don’t want to fast on the 15th,” to go with “How lucky I am to have found a WOL and weight loss where I get to have an indulgent meal on the 14th, and then have an approach on the 15th that helps me achieve my weight loss goal. Life is GOOD.” Whatcha think? Helpful for you?

@lilymartin I’m in the same boat of trying and trying and trying and not really losing. (Actually, I did lose, and then since last May, gained back 12-14 lbs!) And the good news for both of us is that we’re not any heavier than we are–we could have gained oodles more weight!!!

@matpi Yeah, getting a license certainly changes from state to state. When we were in Missouri 17 years ago, it was almost as easy as it is now in Nebraska; when I was in California 36 years ago, it was super easy…but I’ll just bet everything has changed since then. But the thought of people being able to use any outside help while taking the test is astonishing!

@maui You do NOT sound like you’re repeating yourself; you sound like you’re coping AMAZINGLY WELL with a super-challenging situation, and I am in awe at your strength. Your head is spinning and you can barely move? That makes complete sense to me, but it’s the first indication I’ve read that you’re not simply strong and capable…it’s nice to have evidence that you’re as human as the rest of us! Go you, because you’re doing wonderfully in the face of lots of challenges. And won’t it be wonderful when your DH is finally home and you no longer need to do all the driving you’ve been doing.

@daffodil2010 Awww, how WONDERFUL! I’ll bet those flowers were simply stunning! Well done, Mr. Daffodil!

@jaifaim Have a wonderful trip!

@funshipfreddie How frustrating that was, to have your Department of Motor Vehicles–DMV is what it’s called in the States–OFFLINE! Good grief. Good luck with having it go smoothly on the 28th!

Oh, @brightonbelle, how frustrating about your swollen face and, I’m assuming, pain and/or discomfort!!! I hope to read good news from you soon!

My church choir has always been small–9 or 10 singers has been usual–and this year I’ve had plenty of men but a real shortage of women, so I’m excited to have another soprano joining us at practice tonight. I think that, of all the things I do, choir may be my favorite, and I especially love when there are enough voices and balance to sound lovely instead of merely pleasant. 😂 I’ll let you know tomorrow if this soprano makes the difference I think she will…you’ll all be waiting with bated breath to find out, huh? 🤣🤣🤣

But before I get to have choir practice, I must finally tidy for my housecleaner; it’s sure a good thing she comes every other week so that I’m forced to tidy up!!

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day15. FD800

Pocket List – Day 15 🍋
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle F800
    @ccco FD800

Day 15 UK EFS day

I’m hanging onto waggon by fingertips. Today has been all about chocolate. I have to get off this exhausted/carb & sugar conveyor belt so tomorrow will be a FD, either LFD or FD500. I need a serious reboot – pls send mojo

Day 16, FD, Aus

Thanks all for putting me on yesterday’s pocket list. But. Yesterday’s planned FD just didn’t. (Why do I feel this is a repeat of last week’s post?!) So today is a FD. I resolved this morning not to log into the forum first thing in the morning like I normally do, but to wait until my fasting mojo was wavering, and THEN jump on. So here I am, with a mug of hot stock cube beside me! I love the reframe, @stitchincarol, thanks. What was that really helpful outline @funshipfreddie had last month?

Thanks for the hand holding @lilymartin, I’m clutching on today! And yay for your 1kg loss!! (not 600g, I always round up!) And yeah, I’ve always thought of Melbourne as a foodies’ paradise.

Cross fingers today IS the day you bring your DH home, @maui.

Oh your poor sore tooth, @mapti. I couldn’t help but think your bite counting must go like this: One, ouch. Two, ooh! Three, yowie. Four, ouch ouch!

I’m glad you brought your beautiful bouquet back to your desk, @daffodil2010! I love seeing old(er) couples who still show affection, whether it’s walking hand-in-hand, having a cuddle or buying each other beautiful flowers. A great lesson for the younger generation that you’re never too old for simple signs of love and gratitude.

“Kak”? @funshipfreddie?

You’re heading in the right direction @northgeorgia!! Way to go!

Sending you some mojo, @michelinme. I feel today I have a little bit spare to share!

Day 15 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh in today back to latest low of 160lb..after 2 B2B FD800….happy dance time this morning!
    Today was only about 1000 calories so a good NFD

On a sad note, today was a big set back for DH and his return home is once again delayed. He has an infection with fever … an abscess on his face just below ear. They did a blood draw for lab work … hopefully it has not spread. Starting him on antibiotics tonight. They will transport him to an imaging center for chest X-ray tomorrow morning. I will know more when results are back on lab and X-ray. I was there from 11am-5pm… he mostly was sleeping but did wake to enjoy his chocolate protein shake I make with all his vitamins etc. Only ate a few bites of lunch so glad I was there with his protein shake. And I got him somewhat hydrated with several big mugs of water. He is not able to call for help or ask for water so I feel it’s important to be there as much as possible.
    Everyone’s amazing words of support here are so appreciated.
    Already in bed at 7pm while many are getting out of bed. Have a great day!

Day 16, Germany, FD800

@maui I’m so sorry your latest news. I hope the antibiotics do their job and he will be better soon. Take care!

@brightonbelle I hope the dentist will find a solution for your problem, it’s going on for a while now.

@daffodil2010 Well done, that was a brave thing to do!

@jaifaim Enjoy your trip!

@funshipfreddie What a disappointment, we sometimes think in the pen and paper times some things were a lot easier. I saw “Secret eaters” a few years ago and was really amazed how everyone underestimated their daily calorie intake. I also noticed they hardly used dining tables, there was a lot of eating on sofas.

@michelinme Send you lots of motivation, I have plenty of it at the moment.

Pocket list day 16
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 16 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Reading about all the cold weather in other parts of the world is almost surreal. At the moment, 6.10pm, in Melbourne it is 37c and expected to get down to 24c overnight. And up to 38c tomorrow. I’m sure those in Western Australia are hotter.

@funshipfreddie it doesn’t sound like much fun for you at the moment. How much is all the country going through actually affecting you?

@Daffodil2020 that was a lovely gesture from Mr. Daffodil.

@maui sending internet hugs to try to help you keep staying strong. And hopefully having a FD actually helps you stay strong through all this.

I’m off to get ready for work so have a good day all.

Day 16 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I will be honest and admit to no fasting this week. Need some mojo to get back on the F800 keto train. But no weight gain which is good.

Today is the 21st anniversary of my last ever cigarette. Very proud of that achievement and the best thing I have done for my health ever. A friend also stopped at the same time but only lasted a couple of months and back on them, on and off with vaping for the past 21 years. Her smokers cough is bad, but she doesn’t notice it and is suprised when people mention it. And she has lots of health issues.

So yay for being cigarette free for the rest of my life 💃

Now to shift that stubborn menopause apron. ☹️

@maui, so sorry to hear about DH’s infection. Sending prayers your way n

@merryapple hope all ok with you in NZ, it’s really a chain of disaster right now

@funshipfreddie…Kak!!! I think I know what you mean, love it 😆

Have a good one. Fasting for sure for next week but mindful until then. Xx

Day 16 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Almost a kilo down from the last time I weighed myself three days ago. It was a bit of a struggle though. I had the apple chopped up & ready to munch on at exactly 6 pm, & then I found myself wanting something more after my omelette. But I ‘accepted the desire’ & it gradually diminished. I think that’s part of the outline you referred to – @penz? Acknowledge the desire/hunger. Choose to accept it – for now – & acknowledge the fact that you’re free to eat if you wish to (that’s supposed to prevent feeling deprived). Then remind yourself why you’re making this choice, e.g. to lose weight, to be healthy, to prevent weight gain, etc. And it’s only for now/today!

@penz – kak?! 💩 It’s a South Africanism, I guess; means ‘rubbish’, ‘poop’. It comes from Afrikaans, I think, but everyone uses it. ‘Don’t talk kak, man!’

@maui – well done for getting back to your latest low, despite all you’re going through! 🎯 And praying your DH’s test results produce some good news 🙏

@snowflake56 – I watched another episode last night. Probably not the best programme to watch on a FD?! 😅 I noticed that too – no sitting at a table. On the go, in the car, just constant eating. And the comment, ‘sometimes I don’t think I eat enough’ just cracks me up! 😂

@malee57 – I’m very fortunate, being retired. We still have water coming through the taps. The power outages are mildly irritating. We have a loadshedding schedule, so we can at least work around the schedule, & the big shopping malls have back-up generators. I have back-up wifi & can charge my gadgets. I’ll be getting a gas stove once I’ve moved to my new place. My power is supposed to be off now, 8 am – 10 am-ish; but it didn’t go off. So they can’t even get that right 😅 I think it’s due to go off again for a couple of hours later this afternoon. Lots of people are now splashing out on solar panels, inverters or generators of some kind. But they’re not cheap, & as usual it’s the poor who are affected the most. I feel so sorry for people trying to run small businesses, e.g. laundries, restaurants. After getting through the pandemic/lock-downs & now having to put up with this….kak. People trying to get to/from work & the traffic is even worse than usual because the robots (traffic lights) aren’t working. And it’s all down to greedy, incompetent politicians. But our president has a plan, so…. 🤞 38°?! Stay cool! 🥵️

@daffodil2010 – Congrats on the 21 years smoke-free! It was 18 years for me on Jan 1st. And I have to agree, the best thing anyone can do for their health. It felt tough at the time, despite using the ‘accept the desire’ method. My only regret is not doing it much sooner. 🚫🚬

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters 💪🎯

“Complete abstinence is easier than perfect moderation” ~ St Augustine

Day 16 – Ireland – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Good morning!
    Another good FD yesterday ahead of flight and feeling good in clothes…

So sorry @maui..sending hugs 💕

We use that term “kak” also @funshipfreddie but j didn’t know where it came from 👍 I watched that YouTube video yesterday at the airport – oh my good god… how could that family not have realised what they were eating???? But… maybe we are all the same (to a lesser degree) and deluding ourselves…🤔

Just a quick check in as we are off for the day.. 🚘

Have a good day!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Stopped the bleeding. I think I can get this body to make a big U-turn and go in the right direction. I haven’t had a soft drink all week, and I did not eat after 8 p.m. last night. I did eat out yesterday and treated myself to an ice cream to prevent myself from snacking later on. Tougher than I thought to go back to my good practices. Funny how those little things creep slowly back in.

Pocket list day 16
    @michelinme
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @northgeorgia

Day 16 UK NFD

Had an old filling removed and some root work done which has alleviated the swelling and pain on antibiotics again and a few more sessions at the dentist booked but hopefully on the right track, wasn’t able to log in again yesterday felt a bit woozy

@stitchincarol Hope the ❄️ is manageable

@penz hang on in , your mojo will return 💪

@maui – big hugs 💕

@malee57 phew! I’m a complete wimp temperature wise – I’m moan when it’s cold and struggle over 30 ☀️

@daffodil2010 – yes I think f800 is good , but it really does require planning and a big effort to do it for a sustained period doesn’t it

@funshipfreddie – I think I recognise the show , more entertainment than educational but sooo watchable

@northgeorgia – I agree so easy to slip into bad habits but so difficult to reverse

See you all tomorrow 👋

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF, perhaps 154.8

Don’t remember what I told you all, but the forecast of 5-7″ of snow, got changed to 3-7″ of snow, and by the time I went to bed it was dropped to not-likely-1″ of snow. Woke up to LOTS of snow this morning! Traffic in Omaha is an absolute mess and disaster because too many didn’t use the smarts God gave them and simply stay home, LOL. So that means I need to stay home from piano today. Which puts my WF in danger. Don’t know if I can do a WF when I’m staying home…but I’m thinking that, if I park myself on the sofa (which is NOT in the kitchen, LOL), cover up with the big snowman quilt I sewed several years ago, and binge on movies while knitting, I just may pull it off. Or perhaps I’ll go for a regular FD500 so that I don’t have to find quite so much motivation. I’ll see. Yesterday was a completely successful NFD, with good eating, so it’s not outside the realm of possible that I have the strength to succeed today.

@maui Oh, how disappointing! But thrilling that you’re controlling your eating so that you’re back to your low; well, well done! How long do your sons get to stay?

@brightonbelle Uck, removing an old filling and having root work done is a major undertaking in the mouth, but

<<DH just came in from shoveling and thinks it’s at least 5″ of snow. Wow.>>

but I’m glad you’re at least feeling better for having had the work done!

I should get going, but @funshipfreddie, I’m delighted to have a new word to use. It’s kak that all those people in Omaha didn’t simply stay home! (Right? That’s how to use it? 😉👍)

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 16 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh in today is still holding at 160 lb this morning. I think I saw 159 peeking its cute little nose from around the corner and a shout out to me “ you’ll be seeing me soon”. Very excited to hit the start of getting in the 150’s again after decades!

Just starting my day and will get on over to DH soon. Hope to do 2nd post tonight with good news.

I must say another giant thank you to my 5:2 family here. You all should be finding yourselves rising based on how you are lifting me up. I was overcome with gratitude as I pictured your prayers and positive thoughts taking place for us around the world! USA, UK, Ireland, South Africa, Australia and more. Wow! 🤗💕

Day 17 FD NZ
    Meant to be a Thursday FD but I somehow have missed a day…

Swept up the road and all the paths in the park next us and cut up fallen branches. When I lifted a storm water drain lid I found it had beautiful compost and lots of worms in it… I dug out about half of it but my arms were falling off by this stage.
    @stitchincarol What are you knitting?! I’m working on an Eriskay Gansey to my design using their wee stitch patterns. I’m up to the armholes/gussets and have to work out the next set of patterns but haven’t been able to sit down to do it. My father’s family came from Lewis, near Eriskay in the Outer Hebrides so I like making a link through knitting.
    @northgeorgia Keep believing in yourself, you can do this!
    @maui great achievement amidst your worry for your DH
    @brightonbelle Must be a relief to get that tooth sorted out
    @jaifaim Happy to hear your happiness
    @funshipfreddie Lucky the quake was lower North Island
    because shaky wet land doesn’t do well.
    We have our first fine day today. Did the washing y’day thinking I was safe and had two massive downpours from what the met service call the sting in the tail from the cyclone. The Hawkes Bay is our food bowl and it’s under water/ land covered in silt with animals swept away… breaks your heart thinking about it. Horrendous stories abound through the media. The military is there helping out. Still no power and telecommunications. My cousins are farmers or live on apple field land there. Haven’t heard from them yet but I imagine they are under water…
    Kia Kaha (stay strong)

Day 17, NFD, Aus

Fri-yay and basking in PFDS! 

That’s the one, thanks @funshipfreddie. I’m going to commit it to memory! That, and, don’t wait for motivation to strike, act first.

@stitchincarol!! I’m surprised at your day 16 post (which I know is now ancient history). What’s with all this “don’t know if I can WF” talk??? What happened to “don’t try, only do”?! Pull on your big girl pants, give yourself a stern talking to, and do that WF! 🙂

It’s true, isn’t @maui – I also picture people on the forum and wonder what they are doing, and rooting for them (in the UK/Aus sense of the word!) in their 5:2 journeys.

Love the optimism, @merryapple, in your post disaster post, in finding some beautiful compost!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 17, Germany, FD800

@funshipfreddie I don’t have any problems watching “Secret eaters” on a FD. Most of the food eaten on “Secret eaters” is unknown to me and doesn’t look if it’s going to taste good. Kak comes from Middle Dutch, we mostly use it for dogpoop (hondekak). The phrase “Don’t talk kak to me” is interesting, we don’t use it in Dutch but it’s used in German: “Red kein Scheiß”.

Pocket list day 17
    @snowflake56

Day 17 – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅ 🏖️

Happy end of the week everyone!

I’m up early and posting as am very much in that habit now.

A little cloudy and very windy here but nice temperatures so we are hoping to get a good walk in before my friend’s celebrations tonight.🎈

@brightonbelle sorry to hear about the dental work – I hope you are feeling a little better today. I go for checks and cleaning every three months now as had terrible trouble a few years ago so now if there is any signs of issues it will be caught early.

@daffodil2010 and @funshipfreddie I’m 23 years smoke free and started to come off cigarettes the same way you did @daffodil2010 with others.. it became a challenge and we have all stayed off them this long… thank goodness! I often think that was a real addiction and I managed that so I should be able to do the same with problem foods…. But so much harder. Luckily I’ve managed with alcohol but I was always a weekend social binger – my cigarette addiction was baaaad…..

@maui.. 💕 sending more hugs… you are having such a tough time. I’m hoping to join you in the 150s soon! 💪

@merryapple thanks yes I’m feeling like I’m doing all the right things right now for mind and body and that always improves my mood. I.just.have.to.keep.at.it. Being away helps too 🌺 . Still having meds tweaked but also I really feel that recent health issues will be resolved soon 🙏 I am so sorry to hear about beautiful NZ. Well done on collecting that compost – ugh!! 🐛😬
    On the knitting that’s so interesting in Irish we say “geansaí” for a sweater…

@snowflake56 your enthusiasm is catching ☀️

@stitchincarol – how did the WF go? Did it? Did you hear @penz????? 💪 I love that you had a successful NFD 😂 is that a really good day of sticking to your cals or a great day of unrestricted eating???

Keep going @northgeorgia- don’t give up the efforts – like me we must keep the faith and you’ll see the efforts soon maybe not straight away 🙏💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 17 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

February is speeding in isn’t it? Great to read all the chatter on the forum from all over the world, it’s so interesting and so good to feel the good thoughts and musings from all.

@jaifaim well done on the 23 years smoke free! I did mine via the sainted Alan Carr, and though it was initially tough I stayed the course and will never smoke again. Another friend also stopped same time, so out of our group of three friends ( we all met in work on cigarette breaks back in the late 90’s ), there is just the one smoker. It is a nuisance when we are out and about, she always wants ya to sit in the smoking section or whatever, and we have to be quite firm with her 😨😨

Enjoy your well deserved holiday too!!

@merryapple, oh your description of the troubles with the natural disasters, so heartbreaking. My DH’s half sister lives around Lake Taupo (spelling?) and lost power but nothing major thank goodness. I loved your “gansey” and knew exactly what you meant, as @jaifaim said its “geansai” here in Irish….but I see you have Scottish roots so the Gaelic is there ☺️

Busy weekend planned. LOTS of housecleaning and gardening to do…the old Spring cleaning and tidying that desperately needs to be done, while DH has a good few big jobs to do on the camper van maintenance. So it will keep us busy and away from wine!!

Have a great Friday all.

Day 17 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD – 🚫🍷Day 140

@stitchincarol – re *kak* – spot on 😅

@brightonbelle – I hope that’s the worst of your dental ordeal over with?!

@maui – I felt quite moved by your post & your gratitude. And seeing the names of all the countries typed out like that; we really are a global community! I hope those 150’s appear very soon! 🎯

@snowflake56 – that’s interesting! I think Afrikaans & Dutch are closely related & even referred to as ‘sister languages’. Dog poop in Afrikaans is also honde kak 🐶

@northgeorgia – I was wondering, when you refer to soft drinks – do you mean the sugar-free versions? Or are you ‘drinking your calories’? Because if you are, then getting off those would be a big step in the right direction. There’s also sugar-free ice-cream too! Just a suggestion 🤔

@penz – the author of that Outline & quit smoking book (Gillian Riley) also has a diet book out – ‘Eating less: Say Goodbye to Overeating’. I’ve never read it, but the reviews on Amazon are quite good https://www.amazon.com/Eating-Less-Say-Goodbye-Overeating-ebook/dp/B0134PGQAU/ref=sr_1_1?crid=TJNWYVIH6NRX&keywords=gillian+riley+eating+less&qid=1676620636&sprefix=Gillian+Riley%2Caps%2C387&sr=8-1

Happy Fri-yay! 🍹

Pocket List – Day 17 🫐
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 17 UK NFD

Delighted to see another 1lb gone , though I’ve lapsed a little the last few days due to visitors etc so I plan on being extra vigilant Sun – Fri next week

@maui glad you are in good spirits, I agree having our own international support group is fabulous

@funshipfreddie – sounds reminiscent of our power cuts during the 3 day week period of the 70s

Have a great Friday all – only 2 more weekends this month !! Times flying

Day 17 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 155.8

DARN! @penz, if I’d only checked in I think I’d have seen your post in time to stop me. Instead, I decided to make it a regular FD500, and then it went from there. And I can testify from personal experience that my regret weighed FAR more than the restraint would have.

I’ve tried to speed-read through the posts, but not only have I had a late start today, but have a window guy coming any moment as the congregation is planning to replace the windows in the parsonage. Long story, but not important or particularly interesting.

I’ll try to read and respond leisurely later, but if I don’t, it’ll be Sunday afternoon or even Monday before I post again. Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 17 second post

Okay, I’ve made up today–so far, at least–for yesterday’s huge stumble: so far I’ve eaten only a fourth of an apple. A LARGE apple, but only a fourth. Now DH and I are headed out to dinner, so the calories will add up, but I should end up better than yesterday. Whew!

Still haven’t read and can’t respond to individuals, but love knowing there’s lots of chatter to share soon!

Day 17 USA/HI NFD
    About 7:30 pm here. Visiting DH along with DS53.
    Your good thoughts and prayers are working! Lots of good news.. DH is dong better..abscess is going down. X-ray and blood labs all good. Should be coming home Sunday.
    DS51 is now testing negative for Covid and no one else has caught it.
    Made great headway with lining up some home care through a Support program provided by Hospice. It allows for OT and PT. It’s not tradition hospice so fits our situation perfectly. I still need some private hire aids but they have a referral list.
    Heading home soon… thankful DS can do the driving. Hope everyone has a great day ahead.

Day 18 AUS FD800

This week has been crazy! We start teaching on Monday, and this week was wall to wall meetings. Yikes!

I’m down just 0.5k/1lb this week (there was much wine), but that brings me back into the 55k zone (55.8, but still!) so that is nice. It’s really hot here, so it helps with the FDs!

Great to check in here and see how everyone is doing.

Day 18, Germany, FD800

@jaifaim It’s easy to stay enthousiastic if the weight goes down without too much effort! I hope you had a lovely evening (or night?)!

@funshipfreddie Afrikaans comes from Dutch. The language came there in the 17th century when the Dutch set up their trading companies. Afrikaans and Dutch are quite similar, we don’t have any communication problems.

@maui I hope everything goes as planned this time and your DH will come home tomorrow.

@at I’m missing you, I hope you’re fine and doing well!

Pocket list day 18
    @litprof FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 18 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@maui – that’s great news! I’m so pleased for you that you’ll have some peace of mind once your DH is back home 🤗

@snowflake – re Afrikaans. I don’t know if you heard about the huge controversy (kak) the actress Charlize Theron created recently during an interview? Her first language is Afrikaans, but I think many people assume she’s American. During the interview she said – maybe jokingly – that Afrikaans was a dying language, & that ‘there are only about 44 people still speaking it’. It’s actually the home language of millions of South Africans, over 13% of about 60 million people. https://edition.cnn.com/2022/11/18/entertainment/charlize-theron-afrikaans-backlash-south-africa-intl-scli/index.html

More musings from Michael Mosley:- https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11764257/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-use-extractor-fan-cooking-gas.html

Have a good weekend everyone 🌤🌈

Day 18 – NFD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅ 🏖️

Quick check in.

@maui.. 💕 that’s is great news to wake up to 💕

Tired after a great party last night… lots of dancing though 💃🏻🕺. I hope everyone is well.

Just 10 more days to make it count for February 💪. I need resolve here…😂🤩

Onward and downward ⬇️

USA. Day 18. FD800

Ugh! I failed miserably the last few day, so I am contrite and back to square one! :(. I was so busy I couldn’t even get back here, which probably would have helped!

Right back on the pocket list, where I belong!

Pocket list day 18
    @litprof FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @ccco FD800

Jaifaim, I am glad you enjoyed your party! I am also glad to see your husband is back at home. FUNSHIPFREEDIE, I did think Charlize Theron is American. I never would have guessed! Snowflake56, I did know, however, about the relationship between the Dutch language and Afrikaans.

Everybody, have a great day today! I hope it is warmer where you are than where I am. It’s freezing!

Day 18 UK CD

Coming in with a little more energy after a few days of 8pm bedtimes. Annoyed with myself for the tired over-eating thing but this is where I start, with renewed resolve – thank you @penz and @snowflake56 for sharing your mojo. Sadly my post-exhaustion weigh in is back up 7lbs but hoping for easy on easy off.

I’d slightly forgotten that I’m off away again from Monday – going to stay with a community of nuns for a week’s rest, reading & reflection, plus some walking and pottering in their kitchen garden. That has me away from temptation and into Lent which is usually a good time for me to make solid resolutions. DD coming for the first few days too so looking forward to catch up time.

I’ve started a better day/weekend by prepping food that needs eating up before I go away – avocado, tomato, plums, apple, sprouts, cauliflower, mushrooms, eggs – and frozen the rest of my dahl for when i come back.

Focussed Feb has not been as a good month for me as not at all focussed! But hoping to end in a better place than I’ve been for the last couple of weeks and equip myself well for the next stage of the journey.

@maui i hope all goes well with DH’s return home on Sunday

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. Time to get back firmly into the 210s and move on to the 200s. I don’t like that old feeling of watching helplessly while the weight creeps up. I think I turned a corner this week. I do have another event interruption in a couple of weeks, but nothing that would stop me from doing 5:2 (just have to do a different day of the week). Will do a FD tomorrow.

Day 18 – UK Cam – NFD
    Just a quick post for accountability. Weighed in yesterday – stayed the same – 138.4 lb – not what I expected (had some unplanned but delicious meals) but OK with it. I’m joining @northgeorgia & @ccco in needing to concentrate and FOCUS on what is left of this month. Been idling in the sidelines… FD Monday and Thursday.

Have a great weekend everyone!

USA. Day 18. Second Post

So far the day has gone well. That might be due to my babysitting my grand dog! She is old but seems to like frequent short walks, something I could also use. The rest of the time, she sits in my lap. Thank goodness for the short walks or I would be completely sedentary for a couple of days. LOL

Hope all is well for everyone and gardenlily, I am right there with you! 🙂

Day 18 Uk NFD

Long day out – any Ted Lasso fans we’ve had a great day out in Richmond, catch up tomorrow 👋❤️

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.