Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 382 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Maui 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 351 through 389 (of 389 total)

• Day 26 Melbourne, Australia NFD

Almost bedtime here for me. I usually post in the morning but did not feel like it today. But then I thought that this is when I need this group the most – when I am feeling as though I can’t be bothered, and I will go off track. So, I am here! It actually has not been a bad day food wise. I am planning a 24 hour WFD from my last meal today at 4.30pm. Apart from my coffee with milk in the morning.

@lilymartin thank you for offering to host March. Very exciting to be having a new arrival in the family.

@willowgirl welcome to the madhouse. Or is that just my house that is a madhouse.

@maui great news about your DH.

@funshipfreddie you had a win in not eating the pralines. And you did not eat the whole block of dark chocolate. So, it was not too bad. I have a tin of chocolates in my freezer. I am letting myself have a couple every now and then (sometimes more than just a couple) and keeping them in the freezer means they are out of sight most of the time. It sort of works.

USA. Day 26. FD800

So far, my new diet is holding. Switching the largest meal to the morning seems to be helpful and I am less hungry in the day with no snacks. I only just started, so I don’t want to get too excited yet! 😃

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Day 26 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 219 lbs. This is good… first time in over a month I’ve weighed in under 220 on a Sunday! I’ll be doing a FD today and tomorrow in order to get in my 5:2 this week. I have a lunch meeting Tuesday and a conference on Wednesday and Thursday. Fridays are my yum days LOL! It’s been a while since I’ve done a B2B FD, so the results Tuesday morning will be interesting. Will I break February’s newly erected 215 barrier?

@stitchincarol Woo-hoo! I also think the no-carb breaking of the fast helped me, too. Maybe we’ll get that extra oomph we need now! I’m returning to eating fruit instead of candy to get a sweet fix, and water instead of soft drinks for 90% of the week (which also means less fast food meals, that encourage that sort of consumption).

I sadly added back links to my paper chain yesterday. Yikes, the new links must’ve measured over a meter long! My chain had stopped at my record low of 207 last March, and I decided to add back up to 222. I’ll see what low I hit this week and maybe next, then it will give me great pleasure to demolish half of that new addition right away!

February hasn’t been kind to me, but I really think I’ve got what it takes to make March mine. I’ve started off this transition week looking more like January. I will no longer be clinically obese this year — I will get into at least the 190s this year! Resolve! But baby steps…

1. Get permanently below 220 (I think I can accomplish this by the end of March).
    2. Each month, I’ll set a new limit and try each week on my “score card” to go below that for the win. Maybe by June it will be 215.
    3. In any case, I think it could easily get back to 207 by September.
    4. Once I reach 202, I’m technically overweight, not obese. That could happen sometime this fall.
    5. Maybe the max will be 200 by December, allowing me to hit the 190s before 2024.

I said I wasn’t going to do the score card this week, as I don’t have seven days of measurements due to the conference. But even with five or six days, I think it might help motivate me, so here goes:

SPECIAL MINI-WEEK SCORE:

Days below 200: 1
    Days at or above 200: 0
    Days not measured: 0

I’m winning already!

Pocket list – day 26
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh in still holding at 159lb. Not too much up/down this time.
    Going for controlled calories today and FD800 tomorrow. @stitchincarol I think you mentioned that I might end Feb at 158lb! Thanks for putting that number in print for me … made me think it could easily happen!
    @jaifaiiam please do join me in the 150’s soon! I have the door wide open so you can easily step right in.
    @northgeorgia It was very cool to hear I am not the only one using the paper chain links for a visual to show pounds falling away. I only put up 9 links to start with but hopefully will need a new set by end of March. But I could never be strong enough to add them back on when weight is bouncing up/down. But whatever works for you is fine… I think it is fun to have the chain hanging where I can see it and scissors nearby anxious to clip off that next link!
    Off to work at the gallery today for my one full 8 hour shift, then 4 hours tomorrow afternoon. That’s it for my work week in the gallery.. lol. Seems weird after often working 6 days a week for decades. But I do quite a bit at home on computer while caregiving… it’s all good but different.
    Wising everyone success in whatever they seek to accomplish during our final hours of Focus February. Thank you @lilymartin for taking on the cat herding job for March. We will try not to be wild cats!

Day 27 FD Auckland

One day to go before all is revealed…Is Focused Feb actually Fab Feb???!!!

It’s my weekly weigh in this morning. I just did a review of my 5:2 efforts in 2018 to demonstrate if I just keep going I’ll get somewhere…
    Over 37 weeks I lost 12.8 kg (28lbs). Weekly average loss = .35kg (.77lb).
    Then we traveled OE etc etc. I lost touch with 5:2 and the weight crept back. This is my 5th week back and so far I’m averaging a weekly .4kg loss.
    Message to self – keep in touch and keep going!

@maui such a lovely compliment from your son
    @northgeorgia Great to see your scorecard!
    @malee57 some FDs my coffee just has to have milk, others not, go figure???
    @ccco It makes sense to eat your big meal earlier in the day but there’s something about the evening meal I look forward to. As does my wee Westie who thinks what I eat should be shared with him…
    @stitchsmith Great to hear you’re settling into the routine
    Stay strong everyone!

Day 27, FD, Aus

EFS weekend; but a lot of fun catching up with my gal pals. Definitely a FD today!

Some say we’re the only country that eats our Coat of Arms, @funshipfreddie (emu and kangaroo). No, koalas are not on the menu!

Love the idea of de-gramming, @lilymartin.

Some people have pet wombats too, @stitchincarol. I never have but I hear they go through the equivalent of teenage belligerency and will bulldoze into their humans and knock them over. They may be short, but they’re very solid little critters! (Oh, and we don’t eat them either.)

Welcome @willowgirl – always nice to have another southern hemispherite join the team.

Many years ago there was a tv ad for, I think, an insurance company. It literally had cowboys on horseback herding cats. I must see if it’s available on you-tube – it was so cleverly done and very funny to watch.

You ARE a winner, @northgeorgia!! What a coincidence that @maui uses the same paper chain motivator.

Last week in February – let’s make it a good one.

Day 27 Melbourne, Australia WFD

I need to stay busy today to get this afternoon when I can eat. It worked last week so I am going for a 24 hour water fast. More of a fluid fast in reality. I have had a couple of herbal teas and I have milk in my morning coffee.

@penz reminded me of this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pk7yqlTMvp8 I had seen it ages ago on YouTube. It is really good.

Have a good day for all fasters.

Pocket list

@penz
    @malee57

Day 27 country west Australia CD 85.2 kgs
    Just checking in for accountability and will try to set up Make March Mine ( ours) – taken from @NorthGerogia’s post above, this evening
    Thanks @northgeorgia, 💐 I was looking for a title and that jumped out at me this morning.🤗
    Onward and downward for a good finish to Fab Feb.

Day 26 USA/HI FD800
    Second post to change Day 26 to a FD800. Just finished my evening meal and delighted to see total for the day is just under 800 calories. It feels good to have my last FD of February completed. But we’ll see how tomorrow goes. Maybe I will try for one more FD tomorrow. Nice to have it as an option.
    Looking forward to Make March Mine ( ours)

Day 27 – Leicester UK – FD

Weigh in: 71.6kg
    Progress after 1 week: weight change = -0.6kg

A good first week for me, swapping my FD’s this week to fit around other plans so a FD for me today……

Hope February has been good to everyone

Day 27, Germany, FD800
    Day 26 NFD
    Day 25 NFD

@lilymartin It seems better to stay here for a while, I know I can’t do it on my own, being here just makes me more accountable. Hoe lovely you had a pet kangeroo. Thanks for leading us on the March challenge!

@stitchincarol I do hope the fat will shift a bit over time, my upper and lower body don’t fit together any more.

@willowgirl Welcome!

My motivation is slipping away a bit so I put everyone I found on the spreadsheet on the pocket list. I need a lot of company today!

Pocket list day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 27 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Quick check in. Travelling home to work. Have a good day!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD800 keto

One more day and we wil see if better than end Jan. One more week at work and then Holiday. Yay!!!

Relatively good weekend and all set for the week ahead. We did a huge swerve on a bottle of wine yesterday, there was a lovely French red in the wine rack, going to open it, and then noticed that the alcohol content was 15% so it went straight back into the rack and no wine consumed. That sort of wine us not for Sunday tippling, that’s a wine for big leisurely dinner and no work the next day 😆

Love the chatter. And I loved the pet kangaroo story, absolutely delightful.

On the pocket List. Together we are stronger.

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD – 🚫🍷Day 150

@penz, @malee57 – ‘Herding Cats’ – hilarious! 😂

@penz – I’m relieved to hear koalas aren’t on the menu, phew?! 🐨

@lilymartin, @northgeorgia – ‘Make March Mine’ – love the title!

Just heard the deeds to my new place have been registered; I’m officially a homeowner again! 🎉 🏡

Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! 💪 🎯

Pocket List – Day 27 🥚
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800

Day 27 DORSET FD
    Thank you @lilymartin for March!

Pocket List – Day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6

Day 27 UK FD

Last few days of the month , let’s see February out in style !

Thank you for taking over for March @lilymartin Loved the kangaroo tale , I used to absolutely love Skippy when I was young 🦘

Great news on your new place @funshipfreddie

Wish I’d have been so wise on the wine front @daffodil2010 it just seemed fitting to have a nice Sancerre whilst watching the rugby yesterday , but I should probably not have had the baked Camembert either – good job it’s reset Monday

Welcome @willowgirl – hoping a few of our missing regulars might pop in for our last day tomorrow?

I’m sure todays list may grow a little – but for now

Pocket List – Day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @brightonbelle

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD (#2)

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Starting my second FD of the week (last day of B2B WFDs). Hoping for a good number tomorrow before my week of work-related meals. Hopefully, a good number for the end of February, too, after a disastrous month.

@lilymartin That’s a great title! Surprised I thought of something catchy like that LOL!

###

Lola walks up from her booth at the Edward Pancake House in Truplicity. She says, “look at this! There’s a slot machine here.”

Wesley and I walk over. “It appears to provide a discount on the meal, depending on our wins!”

Wesley says, “well, what are you waiting for? Let’s give it a go!”

Lola scans her receipt and pulls the lever. Three bars. A win!

“Wow! What a way to start!”

SCORE:
    Days under 220: 2
    Days at 220 or above: 0
    Days not recorded: 0

Pocket List – Day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 27 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD Didn’t weigh yet

Okay, Friday and Saturday went well, eating-wise; Sunday was a disaster. Here are the differences: On Friday and Saturday both, I had two hard-boiled eggs for a late 1:30 lunch, then an orange at 3:30, then supper, and I had a firm plan to do exactly that. On Sunday, I had no eating plan and, for the first time in many months, we had waffles for brunch, covered either with crushed strawberries and whipped cream, or with maple syrup. So heavy on the carbs. And, sure enough, by 2:30, I wanted more food. I argued with myself, but it was futile: I started nibbling (more carbs, mostly) and the only complete success I had was that I didn’t have any alcohol (gave that up for Lent). I didn’t weigh myself when I woke up and got up early this morning, but I’m sure it’s not a number that will give me joy, LOL.

So, note to self: HAVE A PLAN FOR EACH DAY…and stick to it.

Yay, @lilymartin, thanks for volunteering to host March! You WILL get below 83kgs; you’re doing all the right behavior, so the results will come, however long it takes them. And, in the meantime, you’re getting healthier even if the scale isn’t reflecting any changes. And what a delightful and loving description of a kangaroo as a pet; thanks for sharing all that!

@willowgirl Welcome!

@jaifaim LOVE it: “I will feel well and I will look swell” And, as to my fasting, for you to say “what self control ⭐️” is a bit generous, given how little control I exhibit on many NFDs; I think the real key is something we’ve been talking about on the forum; it all comes down to habit. I went to three different grocery stores at the end of piano lessons last Tuesday, for a total of about an hour and a half of shopping–and never once wavered. Did even have my stomach grumble at me while there, or at least not that I noticed. That’s not self control; that’s habit. So keep on with the habits you’ve created so far, I’ll keep on with mine, and we WILL achieve our goals. And, hugs to you as you move into this new stage of caring for your mom; so glad you’re finding wonderful caregivers.

@funshipfreddie The thing I love the most about this forum–beyond the obvious, the support with losing weight–is the international education. Cheese and biscuits just sounds wrong, LOL, but my eyes popped last week when @daffodil2010 mentioned their supper of cabbage and bacon, “a very Irish meal.” I told my husband and we agreed it just sounds ODD, LOL, but one of these days I’ll look up a recipe for it…after all, her mention of Guinness Pie led to a meal DH and DSs and I all remember as glorious, and that I plan to make again at some point.

@penz and @malee57 That Cowboys Herding Cats video is a HOOT! Thanks for sharing. 👍

Okay, I’m caught up on all the posts, although I didn’t respond to everyone. What a great community we’ve created in this little corner of the web!

Oh, and eating plan–I said I had to have one, right? I’ll fry two eggs for a 1:30 lunch, and have an orange at some point, and supper is up in the air. We’re going to visit DH’s mom today, so that’s as precise as I can be, but a plan not to eat until 1:30, and then WHAT I’ll eat then is always good.

Have a grand one, everyone! (And, @maui, this is the phrase I use for exactly the reason you mentioned: who knows if it’s the beginning of the day when others read this, or bedtime, LOL!)

Day 27 – UK – FD

Hi everyone – I have been lurking all this month but not posting – I am hanging on by my fingertips so need to definitely try to MAKE MARCH MINE in respect to the 5:2 WOL

Thank you to @brightonbelle 💐for hosting our Focused February Challenge although in my case I just could not get there but I tried to read the posts and eventually managed to regroup last week so hoping not to have gained this month…….

See you all in March with @lilymartin – I will weigh in on Day 1 and rejoin the group with some gusto!!

USA. Day 27. FD800

Pocket List Day 27

@merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Jumping in there for accountability! :). Have a great day!

Day 27 USA/HI FD800

Adding my name to list for Day 27. I need to be with this great group today!

Pocket List Day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @maui

Day 27 – Second Post

@at Good to hear from you!

Regarding the cat herding video, I showed it to DH and he said, “Oh, yeah, that’s an old Super Bowl commercial.” He even had the audacity to sound BORED when he said that! But, he watched it, and smiled and appreciated it, so it clearly hasn’t lost its appeal, LOL.

PROTOCOL, or perhaps ETIQUETTE, QUESTION: I can’t ask this on FB (not least of why being I’m rarely on there anyway), and asking some dear friends whose opinions I trust would make clear they weren’t invited, so may I please ask you all? We’re having some friends over for dinner on Friday–like, not supper, but dinner, complete with a lovely appetizer, two veggies with the main course, and a dessert. But DH and I have given up alcohol for Lent. He was of the opinion we should mention it ahead of time and not “spring it on them” (his words). I’m of the opinion that doing that makes it a bigger deal…but I wonder if I’m not adequately taking their point of view into account. This will be the first time ever we’ve gotten together with them and DH and I have NOT had any sort of alcohol.

My thought was, when they arrive, to offer them the usual beer or wine, and also show them that we have several pops (sodas) available, and sparkling water (which is what I’ll be drinking), and laugh that we have so many options because, “like so many, we’ve given up alcohol for Lent, and what would they like?” And if they object to drinking in front of us, assure them that watching someone else enjoy wine/beer will be lovely for us, and chuckle about it.

What say you? THANKS!

Day 26 & 27 – UK Cam – FD800 x2
    Yesterday’s 800 day went very well – stuck to meal plan – and repeated today – I worked really hard whilst volunteer gardening – hoeing and raking weeds in the gravel for 5hours! Nearly dozed off driving home I was so tired but after a hot soak in the tub and a light supper, I feel much better and just plain exhausted.

@stitchincarol – your dilemma – this is one I have had to deal with some time ago. I would not make a big thing about your not drinking alcohol – make sure you have a glass of something you can drink (sparkling water for example) to hand, with ice & a slice if you like that, and give them the choice of soft drinks or alcohol. Have the usual beer/wine on offer that you would have at such a dinner party and let them choose. They may surprise you and go for a soft drink. If you don’t make a fuss about it, they shouldn’t either altho’ they may crack a few jokes about it but you can point out that this is your choice and they are free to make theirs.
    I hope it goes well for you.

Right, off to put my feet up – will catch up with everyone tomorrow. Last day of Feb – how did that happen??

Pocket List Day 27
    @merryapple
    @penz
    @malee57 WFD
    @at
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @stitchsmith
    @daffodil2010 FD800
    @dramaqueen6
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @maui
    @gardenlily

Day 28 Weigh Day Auckland

Yeah! down 2.7kg (5.9lb) for Focus Feb.
    Love the new title MMM (Make March Mine). Thank you @lilymartin for hosting.
    Welcome back @at
    @Stichincarol Personally I would welcome your guests in and offer them a drink as usual. If they notice you’re not drinking then you can say “we would but have given up alcohol for Lent”. Or just offer up “would you like an alcoholic or non alcoholic drink?” These days the designated driver often doesn’t drink alcohol.
    @brightonbelle Remember the song “Skippy, Skippy the bush kangaroo“! Your baked Camembert sounds divine!
    I had a go making Kimchi because I have a crop of very hot chiles trying to ripen and am thinking about Chile recipes. My Korean neighbour brought over a sample of her Kimchi. Sooo different and better than mine!
    Cheese and biscuits is a wee bit like a phrase often used for afterdinner cheese. Aka chickies and bees!!
    @willowgirl Welcome! You live in a lovely dry part of NZ.
    More heavy rain last night. I need a sheep to keep the grass down…
    I wish everyone well for their weigh in and March refocus.

Day 28, FD, Aus

Somehow if people put me on a pocket list, I don’t have a successful FD! So today is another FD for me.

That’s the one, @malee57 – thanks for posting!

Congrats @funshipfreddie!! Woohoo!

Thanks for hosting next month @lilymartin – great to swap between northern and southern hemispheres.

Mmmm Sancerre, @brightonbelle – I would not have been able to avoid that one either.

Yay for the return of Wesley and Lola!!!! Thank you @northgeorgia – it’s like welcoming other old friends back to the forum.

@stitchincarol – I would add to your note to self to have a plan that doesn’t use carbs to break the fast!! Oh, and I say “cheese and bikkies” [crackers] just to add to the linguistic confusion!

Re your dinner party / alcohol conversation. I had a similar situation where I was the guest, and our hosts were on an alcohol free month. They were very upfront telling us they were not drinking as soon as we arrived but also offered us an alcoholic beverage. I thought that was a fine way to do things, and I doubt it would have changed anything if they had told us in advance. Your proposed approach sounds just fine to me (though maybe don’t say “like so many” as that may be interpreted as “so you should too!”).

And! Is it? OMG! It’s the last day of this month! Thank you for hosting @brightonbelle!!! See you all in March!

Day 28 AUS FD800

Well I came a cropper the other day, as we say in these parts (which means I had a nasty fall), and banged up good and proper. Exercise is my stress relief, so that’s going to be a challenge while I’m recuperating, and I also comfort ate all weekend. Oops.

Back to the FD800s now. On the 1st of Feb I was 58k, and I’m 55.5k now, so that’s a 2.5k drop. I’ll take that! It’s going to be verrrrrry hard to keep losing while immobilised through.

But I’m starting March in a much better place! Thanks for hosting this month @brightonbelle, and for taking over next month @lilymartin!

Day 28 NFD country west Australia 85.0 kgs
    @stitchincarol, I agree with other posters. I would just ask guests what they want to drink and provide it.
    I wouldn’t bother to mention being grog-free for Lent unless someone asks you about it.
    Over the years my DH and I have sometimes given up alcohol during Lent.
    Sometimes people notice and ask and we just tell them we’ve given it up for Lent.
    Other times we’ve been a bit less strict and given booze up when at home but sometimes have a glass when out for a meal or when we have guests.
    I have actually given up the grog completely at present as grog does NOT like me!!😢
    I love the expression ‘ herding cats’. I heard it years ago and we used to use it in the past on this forum for the host and what the job seemed to entail !!!
    @funshipfreddie, congratulations on ‘full’ home ownership ! Enjoy your new home. 💐 🥂( A virtual little house warming gift – hope you’re not off the vino!)
    @penz, yes we often say ‘ cheese and bikkies’ too. But be an Aussie thing.😁
    @merryapple, congrats on the downward trend. May it continue.😇
    @gardenlily, well done on all that king and hoeing. And well done on the volunteering. Too few around these days.💐
    @maui and @ccco I trust the FD went well.
    @at it is so good to know that you will join us for MMM. I am thanking you in advance for putting up the spreadsheet ( please !!! 🙏) as you are so capable in doing this and I am hopeless.
    @northgeorgia and @stitchsmith, congratulations on the downward trend. 😇.
    Lola and Wesley are back. Yes !!!!👏
    @brightonbelle, the baked Camembert sounds so delicious. I am trying to have a CD but picturing that camembert 😋😋…. more glasses of water required for me to drown the hunger dragons who are starting to dance . 🐉🐉🐉
    @dramaqueen and @jaifaim, good luck with the FD. 🤞
    Mine was somewhat derailed yesterday when DH had to come to town for a part and met me for lunch at this lovely little cafe which does beautiful and tasty food. I did have the Portugese salad but with the pasta in it, I think it was well over the 500 cals and then when DH offered me some of his quiche…..
    @daffodil2010, holidays – you lucky thing Enjoy !!!🤗
    @snowflake56 I agree , I need this forum to stay on track – and on the wagon! 🙃
    Hope you all end February on a good note.
    See you tomorrow, Making March Mine – magnificently, aMazingly, methodically, mellifluously , melodically or anyway you see fit!!!🤗

Day 28, Germany, CD

Just a quick post, we have an early dance class today. It was a good month, I’m back in maintenance and plan to stay there.

@stitchincarol I also would just ask guests what they want to drink and provide it. When we have friends over, we often don’t drink when they do.

@at Lovely to hear you’re still with us!

@brightonbelle Thanks for hosting this month, it kept me on track.

Have a nice day and “see” you all tomorrow on the new challenge!

Day 28 – Leicester UK – NFD

Not a great FD for me yesterday but I often find Mondays harder so I am just going to move on and hope for a more successful Wednesday……

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Can’t believe the scales today, & I checked 3 times; 69.6 kgs! I wasn’t even trying to get below 70, & it’s the first time my weight’s been this low in a couple of years, I think. I know I’ve said this before, more than once, but the 🚫🍷 makes a huge difference. And it can’t just be the calories; has to be something to do with the digestive tract or gut microbiome situation. Anyway, down 1.3 kgs for Focused Feb! 🥳️

@litprof – so sorry you took a tumble. I hope you can get back to your exercise routine soon

@brightonbelle, @penz & @lilymartin – thank you! 🏡 But yes, I am off the vino, @lilymartin – 151 days today! Sober October has snowballed, & I’m going for 180 days now 🎯 I met with the previous owner yesterday – such a nice woman – & we had a picture taken with the estate agent. The previous owner has never lived there, but her father lived there for many years until he passed away in hospital in his 90’s.

@stitchincarol – I agree with the other members. I wouldn’t even mention you’re not drinking unless/until the subject comes up. Maybe they won’t even notice?

@penz – Don’t want to jinx your FD, so I’m not starting a list. I hope it’s a good one! 💪

Congratulations to everyone who made progress this month by losing, maintaining or just persevering & clinging onto the wagon. And thank you @brightonbelle for hosting 💐

See y’all in ‘Make March Mine’ 🐣

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Last day of Feb, how did that happen? Going to be mindful today, but there are a few work things that might mean a pastry tempt, but I plan to have resolve

. Counting down the days to our week away in Malta next week…..cannot WAIT!!!! This will be the first time DH and I travel beyond the British Isles together since October 2019 💃

@stitchincarol, I agree with all who say just offer your guests a drink, no need to mention you are off booze for lent unless they ask you. Enjoy your evening.

Ha ha I chuckled when you thought cabbage and bacon was so odd together, it really is a traditional Irish dish. Served in my house with mashed potato 😄 Yum. Mind you, I have seen corned beef and cabbage served as a traditional Irish meal whenever I have been in the US and visit an Irish bar…..I would say bacon is more popular here though……….

Well yay @funshipfreddue, a homeowner again !

Have a lovely last day of Feb. See you all in March xx

Day 28 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅
    February closing number: 160.5lbs

@maui I’ll see you in 150s in March for sure 🤩. PMA!!!

Quick check in for the last day of this month. Thank you @brightonbelle for hosting this month 👏
    Thank you @at for the spreadsheet and for checking back in to post next months. So very glad to see you are ok and just lurking… 💕
    Thanks @lilymartin for offering to host in March 😇

@stitchincarol I don’t make a point of letting people know I’m not drinking… it makes it an issue which it is far from being… if guests or those you are out with have a problem with it then that’s exactly what it is.. their problem. Most of the time people are thrilled to have a lift home 💕.

Hi everyone else.. and see you in March.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 28 UK f800

I hoped to be signing off with a loss for the month , but cruella showing my Feb start weight so having a f800 in a last minute attempt- it would have been a lot easier if I’d shown some restraint at the weekend – but hey ho

Also signing off on hosting duties – I’ve enjoyed it but it’s a bit like a party – I prefer to be a guest so thanks @lilymartin

@merryapple – I certainly do recall that tune – it’ll be in my head all day now 🦘🦘

@stitchincarol – I agree with all the sound advice offered- turning up and finding your hosts expect you to join them on the dry journey- that’s the shocker ! but an excellent choice for Lent and I’m sure it will help with the weight loss

See you all in March 👋

Day 28 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. My goal for the month was 213, and was oh so close. Not bad for a month of major weight gain.

My week’s plans have changed. My dad had planned to call the doctor with his ongoing A-Fib concerns. He explained that things were worse over the weekend with loss of appetite, feeling nauseous, unable to catch a breath, and severe back pain. Of course, they sent him to the ER. While there, they did blood work. They had done blood work last week at a lab visit he had, and the results were normal, mind you. He had elevated white blood cells at over 10x the normal level. They suspect leukemia. An X-ray and CT scan also seems to indicate the leukemia may have spread and caused partial collapse of his right lung. He was on an antibiotic drip and oxygen in the ER for about 24 hours. This morning, they transferred him to Atlanta to an ICU clinic with better services in leukemia treatment. This is so sudden; the symptoms only appeared Saturday night and the blood work showed no indication of cancer the week before. So, we’re not sure what’s going to happen in the coming days. It’s hard to stay hopeful with such an aggressive attack, but we’re trying.

Anyway, your prayers are appreciated.

second pot.
    @northgeorgia my prayers are with you at this time. 🙏 How awful and so sudden for you. Will be thinking of you all.

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF – 154.2

I have quite accidentally fallen into a pattern of 18/6, and think I’m liking it, and think it’s giving results. It’s too soon to say with any certainty, but I was just looking over the chart I have been keeping for several years of my daily weight, and I truly do seem to be lower. Plus, my weight is only 0.2 lbs up from yesterday, and yet we had a carb-heavy meal last night–spaghetti with red sauce and some garlic bread! That’s the kind of meal that would normally shoot the scale up at least a pound if not two. The only difference yesterday is that I didn’t eat until 2pm, when I had half an avocado (because I was in the shower at 1:30, and didn’t have time to cook eggs when I got out because we were headed out to go visit my MIL). (FOR THOSE OF YOU WHO USE SO FEW WORDS, HOW DO YOU DO THAT???????)

So, on the last day of January I weighed 154.4 making today’s weight down 0.2 from then. I’m even more intrigued by tomorrow’s weight after today’s WF. Perhaps I’ve found the combination of behavior that allows me some indulgences while also allowing for weight loss. And I have to keep in mind that our no-alcohol-for-Lent is certainly contributing to weight loss, or at least not weight gain.

@merryapple A VERY impressive result for February! 5.9 lbs? WOW!

@litprof Oh, how awful!! What kind of injuries do you have? Prayers for you to heal rapidly and completely!

@funshipfreddie Wow, no alcohol has made a REAL impact on your weight; well done! At some point, you’re going to have to start eating extra because you’re getting too thin, right? 😂👍

@daffodil2010 So is the bacon by itself and cabbage by itself, or are they somehow cooked together?? And–I watched the movie Philomena last night, and thought of your DH and his mum the entire time. The details you shared with us a year ago (more??) were so clearly explained that none of the movie shocked me, but I was numb at the heartache all those moms and grown children experienced. Made me joyful all over again that your DH and his mom found each other. ❤️

@northgeorgia Oh, I’m so sorry! I read what you explained twice, trying to really understand it all–and can see how you all are struggling to understand what’s going on because it certainly doesn’t make any sense, does it? Your dad and you and all your family indeed have my prayers. Are you skipping work, then, to be with your dad in Atlanta, or staying at work and just getting text updates from your mom?

I’ve been smiling at all the input on my question about not drinking–thanks. And I can see how, from everyone’s point of view, it makes best sense not even to mention it. But there will only be the four of us, so it will be more obvious than if there were six or more of us, plus, this is the couple with whom we often go for beer tastings–what we’re drinking is seldom just “something in the glass” but is usually a topic of conversation, making DH and me not drinking very obvious. And @penz I chuckled when you pointed out “like so many” could sound as if I’m criticizing them, and can see that; the thing is, we’re Lutheran (this couple and us both) and Lutherans have not, over the years, been “into” giving up something for Lent, so my use of the phrase was to defend myself as not being peculiar, LOL!!! 🤣🤣 But. It was all taken out of my hands as the wife texted me yesterday and asked if they could bring wine, and I said sure and told her what’s on the menu, and she asked whether DH and I prefer sweet or dry. So I told her we’re not drinking and I assume it was and will be entirely fine. But thanks, everyone, for all the thoughts on how best to approach it. DH always says I over think things, and I may have been yesterday. 🫢😁

@brightonbelle Thanks so much for stretching out of your comfort zone and hosting this month! 💐👍❤️

Another lovely, weather-free day, making the drive to and from Omaha without stress or concern–always nice in February!

Pocket List, Day 28 💪🏻
    @stitchincarol WF
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @litprof FD800
    and absolutely no one else who’s already posted, and we don’t want to jinx anyone!

😉

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 28. FD

Pocket List, Day 28 💪🏻
    @stitchincarol WF
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim
    @litprof FD800
    @ccco

I can’t believe it’s the last day of February already and I have lost only two pounds! March will need to be better! See you all in March! 🙂

Day 28 – UK Cam – NFD
    Weighed in today for end of month comparison – 137.2 lb so only down 1.5 lb over February but at least it is a downward trend – think positive. The 2 x FD800s on Sunday and Monday seem have worked and brought the scales back down under 137.5 so now just need to March on downwards. Sudden thought – cheese and biscuits as a snack – that would be cheese and crackers in US! I forget what biscuits are in US – I know we had some interesting discussions over meals on shared names but different food – chips/crisps, fries/chips etc

@northgeorgia – thoughts and prayers are with you at this stressful time.

@daffodil2010 – we love bacon and cabbage, also do cabbage, leek and mashed potato topped with a sprinkle of parmesan cheese and grilled (left-overs are great fried in pan with bacon …

@funshipfreddie – so glad you are now a property owner, must be a relief.

Quiet day today after busy volunteering day yesterday, although I have just come inside after digging up the remainder of the plants in the small raised bed ready to replant with herbs. Need to find homes for all the bits I have dug out – loads more bulbs than I anticipated so I will pot some up and give them to friends – a real ‘pot-luck’ gift!

See you all in March – thank you @brightonbelle for hosting Feb, a good job well done.

Day 28 USA/HI NFD

Final February weigh in this morning still at my goal of 159 lb for February. I am continuing with the slow and steady plan of just 2-3 lb loss per month with overall goal of ending 2023 at 135 lb.

@northgeorgia You are in my prayers at this stressful time. Thankful you have access to the special expert medical care needed for your dad.

@brightonbelle thanks for hosting February. Looking forward to joining everyone again for March.

Viewing 39 posts - 351 through 389 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.