Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 382 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Maui 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 389 total)

• Day 7, Germany, FD800

@funshipfreddie She deserved it, she was the best employees he ever had.

Pocket list day 7
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 7 – Dorset – FD

Morning All,

Getting chilly again here!!!

@lilymartin – if you loved that talk you must read Fast Like a Girl, it is really interesting about how much of our food is cancer-inducing and how the food industry conceals bad products on the labels (Sorry if I sound like a conspiracy theorist!) But it really is an eye-opener. My family is kicking back a bit as I have removed crisps (chips) and the “nice” things from our cupboards. 🤭

@matpi – Relief on the no pain, but not good for your immune system. Hopefully it will recover soon.

Pocket List
    @dramaqueen6
    @snowflake56

Day 7 – UK Cam – FD800

I seem to have ‘missed’ a few days postings, sorry! Been working flat out on the allotment ie, working hard, not lying down on the job 🙂 Had a ‘bonus’ day yesterday when temp dipped below -3C and there was lots of freezing fog about so chickened out of volunteering for the day and worked on my allotment once it warmed a little (-2C!). My planned FD worked really well – ZBC, banana for snack (moved 10 barrow loads of manure – needed something!) then spicy pumpkin soup for lunch, more work on plot (laying membrane and planting 2 trees) followed by lazy, luxurious soak and mushroom omlette with stir-fry greens – I guess it wasn’t quite a 500 day more 800 but, what the heck, I did some heavy work to compensate.

Today I have a sewing day booked at nearby store – taking a medallion quilt ‘kit’ I have prepared to make into a 40 inch square throw – farming theme – for Project Linus. hope to get the top made up and then quilt at home (more space). Should be good for another 800FD as little time to eat – who wants crumbs in their quilt?? Zero yoghurt and fruit for 11s, veg soup for lunch and salmon & spinach parcels for supper. Must remember to drink lots (easy to forget when sewing).

@funshipfreddie – not caught up on all posts but glad to see you finished the paperwork – tax in US? how ridiculous – bit like asking if you are a spy on those little green immigration forms you get on planes bound for US!

@missybear – belated Happy Birthday – hope you had a good day.

@stitchincarol – Wednesday morning would be great AND since you’ll be here, I’ll clean out the cupboard where the indoor, upright freezer lives and you can tackle that one afterwards 🙂 🙂 Ooops, I forgot to ask, which Wednesday ????? (don’t have the emojis for a laughing face)

Gotta dash, need to take out dog for morning walk and load up car, after defrosting it. Another -3C morning – roll on Spring.

Pocket List Day 7
    @gardenlily

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Back to work today after a lovely bank holiday weekend. The weather had us enjoying beautiful crisp Spring sunshine, full moon at night and near calm conditions. Just lovely.

We went out on the motorbike yesterday for the first spin of 2023…..oof, I struggled to get up onto the pillion, my legs were stiff in the motorcycle suit (which actually weighs about a stone fully kitted with all the armour 😆), so this morning Leslie Sansone was reintroduced back into our morning routine. Need to limber up!!

Not enjoying my job at the moment, most of the time it’s good, but I have a new manager who has dumped work on me that I don’t have experience in and she ignores my cries and pleas for help, never answers my mail nor Teams messages seeking guidance……..I am about to flounce!! I don’t know why she won’t assist, but it’s stressing. I might need to seek guidance on this situation.

Any hoo. Off I go to said job. Have a good day.

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@gardenlily – defrosting the car?! 🥶️ It was scorching here yesterday. I was only out walking for maybe 15 minutes, & I could feel my neck burning! Then last night we had a thunderstorm, so it’s mercifully cooler now & a little overcast. Roll on autumn 😅 I’m not even sure we have an autumn though; too many palm trees/evergreens.

@daffodil2010 – your work situation sounds grim?! Don’t you have a good HR person you can go to for help? Such a pity we can’t fire our bosses 🤔 Reminds me of that movie ‘Horrible Bosses’. But don’t have her whacked, whatever you do! 😳

Okay, I need to go & pay a ton of money to a conveyancer. I know I’m getting a house out of it, but for some reason it still hurts 😢
    So I think it’ll be a hump day FD for me tomorrow.

RESOLVE – fellow fasters! It’s only food, right? 🤪

Pocket List – Day 7 🍏
    @dramaqueen6
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @gardenlily FD800
    @daffodil2010

Day 7 Lisbon NFD

Sorry to be an absent host – just didn’t get the time to log in yesterday Just having a quick coffee stop before tackling the beautiful but very hilly city of Lisbon Catch you later

Day 7 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Hi everyone. Just a quick check in.
    Enjoy beautiful Lisbon @brightonbelle!
    Sorry to hear about your work stress @daffodil2010! Hopefully you can speak to someone who can help you work out what to do about your manager.
    Good luck @funshipfreddie- I bet you will be feeling lighter later 💰🤩

Wish I could sew @gardenlily – you are definitely a “do-er”!!! Sounds like a busy time but well done to you!! I’m going to aim to be inspired by you to get going here as I’m feeling pretty lazy…

Ok back to work – no time to read more than a few posts but hope all are well.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 7 🍏
    @dramaqueen6
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @gardenlily FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

USA. Day 7. FD

Good Morning!

Pocket List – Day 7 🍏
    @dramaqueen6
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @gardenlily FD800
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 6 & Day 7 USA/HI NFD
    Sorry I am posting to stay accountable but rushing off to see DH. Acupuncture today for me… a time to recharge. Preparing for DS51 and DS 53 arrival on Thursday and DH homecoming on Friday.
    Busy time but trying to hang in there and focus on good behavior with food… not perfect this week! But it never is… that’s why we need 5:2!

Day 8 Melbourne, Australia NFD

I have been reading all the posts but not putting any in myself. Yesterday was going to be a FD but ended up going out with friends for dinner. Had a great evening. This is a busy week so I am trying for controlled NFDs, not an easy task. Then I will hopefully get to fast on Friday.

I had a shocker of a sleep last night, so I was up at 2am cleaning out the fridge. The weather is not conducive to defrosting the freezer so I can’t even invite @stitchincarol over for a meal and an evening’s entertainment involving a freezer.

@Daffodil2020 I hope your job (manager) improves. I ended up really burnt out at mine, lucky for me not a manager issue.

Day 8, FD, Aus

Still sleeping badly, and not enjoying my job either, @daffodil2010. Sounds like your manager doesn’t have a clue how to help you which is why she’s ignoring you! (Which is no excuse of course.)

GL with the conveyancer, @funshipfreddie. And how’s your house thinking progressing @linda_b? Which makes me wonder how @flourbaby‘s house hunting is going…

Ok, might need the pocket list support today.

Day 8 FD pocket list
    @penz

Day 8 NZ

Thank you for your kind words… All I can say is treasure your DHs which I’m sure you do.
    I’m amazed at how many names I recognise! I’m imagining you’re all trim taut and terrific thanks to the programme! It’s wonderful how the group has kept together supporting each other. Hats off!!
    Thank you for adding me to the pocket list.
    I’m trying to make hunger pangs a positive rather than a negative that needs feeding… I am cooking a sour dough cottage loaf which is sending out delicious aromas and testing this theory! I have a small combi steam/heat oven instead of a microwave that is amazing for preserves, steam puddings, bread baking, scones etc as well as steaming veg.
    Stay strong!

Day 8 country west Australia NFD 85.9 kgs
    Cruella being downright mean after a very CD yesterday. I was hopeful 🤞of a lower number this morning but will just have to be more diligent with food portions.🤨
    It is Interesting to read/ hear all the articles about processed food recently and the deleterious effects it has on the body and ill-health.
    Definitely ‘ food for thought’. 🤔
    @merryapple – trim taut and terrific…😅🤣🤣🤣 certainly not me !!!! That is why I am back here on the forum and clinging to the wagon.
    My daily weight graph resembles the Swiss Alps – up down up down up down….. but I only record weekly on a Saturday morning and there is truly not much of a downward trend but I am hanging in because of health scare – and me a health professional !!😲
    Very bad sleep last night . Humidity 80 % 😓and woke with the sorest stomach.
    Had to sleep on my back with knees up. Couldn’t work it out and then a light bulb moment….
    I teach Pilates and decided to tweak the programme to keep it fresh and interesting – and did THREE classes at home yesterday to get the routines worked out.
    And what do I always say to my clients ??? Don’t overdo it!!! 🤪
    Should have abs of steel if I keep this up.
    @daffodil2010, sorry to hear about your work and unhelpful boss. Hope the situation revolves soon.
    @penz, sorry to hear about your bad sleep and work not being enjoyable.
    I really should give up work to do other things, but I am currently really enjoying the challenge and different treatments I give clients.
    Helping people achieve their ‘best’ life and be free of / reduce their pain is very rewarding.
    Onward and downward .🤗

Day 8, Germany, FD800

@brightonbelle Enjoy your stay in Lisbon!

@funshipfreddie I know the feeling, the money is gone from your bankaccount but until you actually have the house it feels like it just disappeared.

@daffodil2010 and @penz I hope you both get help from someone at work.

@merryapple “trim taut and terrific” not me either, but I’m getting there! I tried to make sour dough bread once but it came out very dense. I want to give it another try in a few weeks, I have too much other bread in the freezer at the moment.

Day 8 FD pocket list
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@jaifaim – I’m definitely feeling lighter, & not in a good way 😅 Anyway, it’s just a waiting game now. The conveyancer estimates mid-late March, depending on the deeds office. Anything can happen when things are done in African time. The conveyancers have a clever tracker though; I automatically get a message every time one of the 24 steps is completed, right up to the deeds being registered in my name.

@snowflake56 – that’s exactly how it feels – like I’ve been fleeced! But at least I’ll still earn some interest on it until the transfer is completed 🏡

@merryapple – not sure if you’re fasting today? Maybe just indicate next to NZ – FD or ‘NFD’? Whereabouts in Auckland are you? I have family in Warkworth, & a friend in Snells Beach.

I don’t feel like fasting today, but then I never do feel like it. It’s sort of like going to the dentist; the thought of it is worse than the experience. It’s nice & cloudy today, good walking weather, so I’m aiming to clock up plenty of steps🚶‍♂️🎯

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐪

Day 8 FD pocket list 🥑
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Amazing blood red sky this morning, fresh air, birds singing, Spring flowers opening their buds, glorious Spring day!

Thank you all @funshipfreddie, @jaifaim, @malee57, @penz, @lilymartin and @snowflake56 for your comments re my work situation. It’s great to have this group to share with, DH is good but being a man he wants to offer solutions when I just want to vent and for him to listen 😆

@penz, I think my manager does know how to assist as she knows this particular work product inside out, but for some strange reason she is ignoring my mails and messages….I am being ghosted by my own boss 😳

I dunno, I will keep going on but I will remember that the buck stops with her in the end of the day, and right now, very unlike my natural temperament, I could easily throw her under the bus, and will, if the proverbial hits the fan.

@funshipfreddie exciting times though, and that tracker sounds excellent!

Hump day!! Already, having a suprise bank Holiday was great, and I have taken next Monday off so another long weekend to enjoy. Yay.

Have a great one.

Day 8 – 2nd Post

@daffodil2010 – 🤗 & just in case you need it – 🚌

Day 8 FD pocket list 🥑
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010

Day 8 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

@merryapple I am so very sorry for your loss. I hope you are coping ok and it’s great to have you back here. 💕

@daffodil2010 that’s a great tack to take! 🚌 and I understand when you just want to vent… solutions are grand but not always easy to apply…. It is great that we have this space.

I am in the 4am wake up club too at the moment. I try not to stress too much and listen to something or read if I wake…. Sometimes it’s easier said than done …last night was awful… finishing up the meds I’ve been on soon and then back to the doctor and hoping to have the follow on tests sorted asap 🤞 feeling bleurgh 😢

Anyway… just got to keep on keeping on… FD worked out well!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Hi all – I’ve just reported the above posting as it is a seemingly friendly piece but is, in reality, just an Advert for medication and nothing whatsoever to do with Intermittant Fasting or 5:2

Day 8 – UK Cam – NFD
    Yesterday’s FD was a real success – so busy sewing I hardly had time to eat my soup lunch, but had a really bad night with acute cramp (I was in agony) which I have put down to sitting in one place for about 4 hours (sewing) and getting very chilled at the same time – didn’t realise how cold it was until I moved into a warmer area. So, a great day, bad night but big smile this morning as scales showed a 1.5 lb drop from last Friday. I know, I know, I don’t usually weigh until Friday but with 2 b2b FDs I wanted to check. 🙂 I won’t be signing up for any more of the social sewing days at that venue until they sort out the heating (I did mention it and they said it was perfectly good for everyone else!).

Having a quiet day today, pottering about in potting shed (ha ha) sowing seeds (change from sewing …) and a bit of sewing to finish off the quilt top I started yesterday. Had a delve in the freezer (I really need @stitchincarol to do my big chest one!! 🙁 – and found some pork loin chops in cider I made a while ago which will be good with a heap of greens for supper tonight. It’s the 4-6 pm patch that is the tricky one – nibblitus strikes! (aka grazing)

@daffodil2010 – so sorry to hear about your work issues – I will look out for new headlines – Crazy Daffodil flattens boss under passing bus … 🙂 Better to vent your frustration here than in the work place, I think!

@brightonbelle – have a wonderful trip to Lisbon, one of my favourite cities.

@funshipfreddie – good luck with the waiting, must be nerve wracking but perhaps concentrate on planning the changes/updates you will be doing when you finally do get in?

right, need to potter off and see to my sweet peas and broad beans. I echo @funshipfreddit – Happy Hump Day everyone!

Day 8 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 153.8

Okay, finally, I’m back! It’s been three crazy days: on Sunday morning, I woke up at 3:30. I was headed right back to sleep even as I realized DH was awake–and then he stumbled out of bed telling me he had vertigo. Poor guy. We neither of us ever went back to sleep, and he had to skip church for the first time in the almost 17 years we’ve been here–he didn’t even have the strength to stand up straight, let alone lead a service and preach a sermon. (Thankfully, we have a retired pastor in our congregation who stepped in.) And by noon, DH was nearly fine and I drove us to have a lunch birthday party for his mom, and then we went to some friends’ for supper and pinochle. Monday was the day I didn’t even wake up until 9am when I was supposed to start cooking. All was fine, but it’s unusual to sleep so late. Tuesday I also slept until 9am, so had to hustle to get out the door on time for teaching lessons. Today I “only” slept until 8. Crazy–but LOVELY–sleeping schedule.

I’m disappointed that all our special meals have messed with the weight I’d lost, but holding on to the good cheer that I’m at least back on track when weeks are normal and there aren’t so many social events.

@maui Your menu for day 4 sounded GLORIOUS. “Macadamia Nut Milk”?? “7 Nut Butter”?? YUM.

@litprof I’m beyond dazzled at how well you’re doing and how much you’re losing! Are your clothes fitting well again yet?

@fastingnurse Welcome, and congratulations on your amazing start to this WOL–15lbs since December? WOWZA!!

@matpi I can only imagine the extreme frustration you’re feeling with this infection that won’t heal!

@lilymartin I had struggles with life happening and feeling ready to simply chuck it all (5:2-wise) but managed to “think my way” back to a strong mojo. I hate how little continued success I have, but am thankful I’m at least trying–I could be steadily gaining with nothing to check the progress! Right? You’ve got this, lady!

@songbirdme So you’re saying that it’s being friends with everyone on the forum that keeps you from gaining back the weight you’ve lost? And that you’ll have to stay connected with these friends more or less for the rest of your life? Well isn’t that a cryin’ shame, eh??? 🤪😉❤️

@merryapple Welcome back! I don’t think you and I are “acquainted,” but I’m sure there are others who recognize your name. My sympathies on the loss of your hubby. ❤️ And, at some point, someone mentioned they’d read that hunger pangs are an indication that you are, at that point, losing weight. Dunno if it’s true, but believing it helps to get through those pangs, and certain can’t hurt!!!!

@penz The goose was only 10lb so much smaller than many turkeys I’ve cooked over the years. The approach was 425 for 30 minutes, turn it over for another 30 minutes, then drop to 170 for 7 HOURS. Easy-peasy, and good…but none of us swooned at the taste, so I’m doubtful we’ll ever bother cook one again. Out of the 4 other new recipes, I’m very likely to make 3 of them again, so that’s a nice success rate!

@lilymartin I think I found the radio program you talked about: https://www.abc.net.au/radio/programs/nightlife/death-by-comfort-is-modern-life-killing-you/101938262 Yes?

@daffodil2010 Your work situation sounds positively awful. Has it improved at all?

@brightonbelle So glad you’re having a lovely time!!

@malee57 Your post made me burst out laughing while I was drinking black coffee at Panera Bread yesterday afternoon, LOL!!! Yeah, I’ve seldom tried to defrost my freezer in the middle of summer!

@funshipfreddie How fun that you’ll get notified as each of the 24 steps are accomplished; that should help with the impatience of waiting.

@jaifaim Ugh, the 4am wake up club never is any fun, is it??? I do hope the doctor is able to sort out your tests and help you back to complete health soon!

@gardenlily Oh, UGH on the acute cramp! You weren’t around back in 2021 when I had what we refer to in my family as Constipation Sunday: Pain started after church, and I ended up in the emergency room, was given fentanyl for the extreme pain when the other pain med hadn’t touched it, had an MRI (or something with three initials) and was finally told I was constipated. Which I wasn’t. But the pain was gone by then, so I went home and finished up the Guinness Pie (inspired by @daffodil2010 ‘s Friday night meal with her elderly friend) that DS26-then-24 had started in my absence. And since then, I’ve had the same issue many, many times (including two days ago). And what is the issue? Gas. Strange that I NEVER had it now have it regularly and it’s agonizing. AGONIZING. Is that possibly what you were suffering?

Well, even by my standards, this is a L.O.N.G. post, LOL! When I haven’t read posts for four or five days, the news adds up, you know? Today is a gorgeous day, with a bright blue sky and no clouds, and a forecasted high of 54/12. I’ll have leftover goose and that quinoa broccoli salad for lunch and dinner, plus some of that leftover potato salad…not the lowest calorie option, so I won’t each much of it.

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 8. FD

Quick jump in here for accountability!

Day 8 FD pocket list 🥑
    @penz
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @ccco

Day 8 – 2nd post
    @stitchincarol – that’s an interesting point about my cramp – I did wonder about gas being the problem (we do eat a lot of roughage!) and I do suffer with an underactive bowel so maybe … I also think dehydration is another cause and I probably didn’t drink enough yesterday. I shall take heed of your comments and report back if the problem persists – I feel washed out today so off to bed early with my book group choice – ‘Slow Horses’ by Mick Herron – anyone else read it?
    Thanks for the help!

Day 8 Ireland FD

Hi all. I started 6 weeks ago. Lost 15 pounds so far. No weight loss this week yet despite sticking to my fast days and only 10,000 calories in 7 days. Need a little motivation to keep going so I joined the forum!

Day 8, second post

@elise_n Welcome to the forum! Fifteen pounds in six weeks is truly impressive, so don’t be surprised if you find yourself the poster child giving encouragement rather than merely a newbie looking for encouragement!!! It will be delightful to “get to know you” as much as you’re willing to share–I’m clearly one who overshares 🤣🤪 but there are plenty who are extremely economical with their words, so you’ll fit in perfectly however you approach the forum.

Day 8 Second Post

@stitchincarol

Thanks for your encouragement!

I did the 5 2 5 years ago and lost 3 stone. I kept the weight off for 4 years and then had to go back on the medication that caused me to put on the 3 stone and this time I put on 4 stone!!! So it’s 1 down and 3 to go. I’m finding it difficult but I know that it works so sticking to it and looking forward to the summer when I just have to fast one day a week for maintenance 🙂

Day 9, FD, Aus

Yep, FD yesterday just didn’t. So today will be a FD. I am in a far better frame of mind today. It started raining/storming early morning which meant I was not getting up to take the dogs for a walk, and miraculously, they stayed quiet. So I had a nice lazy lie in!

Lots of news in the forum and always a delight welcome back old friends (@merryapple) and welcome new ones (@eliseN).

That’s dreadful, @daffodil2010. Your boss sounds even worse now! I’m sure the entire forum will be sending her negative vibes so cross fingers she improves her behaviour soon.

@malee57 – wow! I’m impressed! What a wonderful way to be productive when sleep is stolen from you!!

Day 9 Melbourne, Australia FD800

I am tapering off the steroids so my weight is starting to go back down a wee bit. Thankfully! I am sort of doing OMAD, FD800 or CD (I’m not sure what they are) on most days this week. I have been very busy and have been having breakfast at about 3pm. And then being careful about how much I eat. Today I am doing a fruit and veg day, and maybe I will do that tomorrow as well. We have summer fruit at the moment and I find it hard to stop eating them.

There is still some housework to do today and then I will be reading for a few hours. Have a good day everyone.

Day 8 USA/HI NFD
    Not sure why I was so careless with calories today. I ate homemade almond biscuits with each meal @ about 95 calories each … so total calories was over 1600 which is way over the planned 1200 calorie limit on my NFD’s. I am nervous about DH coming home on Friday and both DS’s arriving tomorrow.
    I will jump in for FD 800 Day 9 tomorrow.

Day 9, Germany, FD800

Today we’re the ones with the beautiful red sky this morning.

@elise.n Welcome, you’re doing great!

Pocket list day 9
    @penz
    @malee57 FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

My Hump Day FD went splendidly 😇 I had just an apple, a can of Mexican Chicken & Bean soup, 4 Provita crackers & 30 g cheese. Came to about 640 cals, including milk for tea/coffee.

@elise-n – Welcome!

@gardenlily – I also reported those dodgy Pringle posts. Re the house purchase – I’m not finding the waiting nerve-wracking at all, because I know it’s a lengthy process, & it’ll happen sooner or later. I’m going to start looking for a couple of reputable contractors, & check out bathroom/kitchen fittings; but without dates or access to the property there isn’t much I can do until then.

No beautiful red or blue sky here; but it’s lovely & cool and…. raining!! 😃

Sending RESOLVE to the Thursday fasters! 🎯

“Action precedes motivation.” ~ Robert McKain

Day 9 SING FD800

I’m popping in for a quick check in during my Singapore trip. What a great place! I’m busy (here for work) but getting to see lots, and the food is indeed amazing here. The traditional hawker food has been reinvented for and by the younger generation, so you can easily eat vegan, or sub cauliflower rice for regular rice etc. It’s an easy place to eat light, and people don’t snack on carb-y food much here.

The hotel gym scales this morning said 56k (123lbs). What is the opposite of Cruella de Scales? That’s a bit of a drop for me, so I’m interested in what the home scales say when I get back!

2nd Post – Day 9

Pocket list Day 9 🍒
    @penz
    @malee57 FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800

Day 9 – Dorset – NFD

@litprof – have a wonderful time, even if you have to work.
    @elise N – Welcome😃
    @Stichincarol and @gardenlily – Regarding your stomach pain, it sounds like something I have. I used to have terrible pains in my stomach until I found out it was gluten (I am not a coeliac) I have been GF for about 23 years now (long story how I found out, so I won’t bore you with it) and now as I have aged I am finding there are more and more things I cannot eat, which cause those terrible cramps. I am quite careful about not eating the things that trigger my stomach pain, but sometimes something creeps in and I am in agony. Maybe check what you have eaten before the pains and see if there is a pattern? I know that pain, it is excruciating . 🥹

Day 9 Lisbon NFD

Hi all , last day here . Welcome @elise-n what a stellar start you’ve had

Well done to all that spotted and reported dodgy JoycePringle – quite a lengthy post for a scam

See you tomorrow when I’ll be getting back on the waggon

Day 9 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Thank you for the happy birthday wishes 🙂 I kind of kept focus but enjoyed a few little alcohol and chocolate treats so back today for a good FD to repair any damage done.

Together we are stronger 🤗

Pocket list Day 9 🍒
    @penz
    @malee57 FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800
    @missybear

Day 9 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

Welcome @eliseN! WoW! 15lbs already in 6 weeks is just brilliant!

So great that we can all spot spam as soon as we see it… thanks to those who reported it. We will not be fooled 😂

@stitchincarol sorry to hear of your struggles – I know you won’t leave but we’d miss you so very much if you did… we all have tough periods but think of @at and her motto ”if I stop now…” and @songbirdme needs you too 😂
    And so sorry to hear about your DH… I can totally empathise right now… it’s very frustrating..
    Thanks for the good thoughts btw … the medication I was prescribed didn’t make a huge difference so on a different one now.. it’s a little draining to be honest but I’ll keep the faith and hoping to get notified about the tests soon. There seems to be pressure generally on all aspects of the healthcare system right now – I’d say a lot of build up over the past 3 years…

@gardenlily I think Slow Horses has been made into a tv series with Gary Oldman – I love it!! So if that’s the book it should be really enjoyable!!
    Ps… I also get that pain you describe after eating bread.. like others I ended up having ultrasounds etc for excruciating and worrying pain but it seems to be an intolerance.. I don’t completely avoid bread but it helps me to cut down on eating too much of it…

@penz I’m with you today with a good frame of mind.. good when it happens.

@snowflake56 – aren’t those skies the best… we’ve had a few here over the past few days.

@litprof and others who are travelling – enjoy!!!

Hi to everyone else! Busy day and just keeping going poca a poca…

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list Day 9 🍒
    @penz
    @malee57 FD800
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @litprof FD800
    @missybear
    @jaifaim

Day 9 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WF 154.6

I ate too much sugar yesterday, but was otherwise close to goal. The problem is that I don’t actually know, because I didn’t use MFP, so that’s something I’m working hard to make myself embrace. The thing that will rescue yesterday, however many calories I ended up eating, is that my Fitbit says I burned just over 2,000 since I got 11K steps with the vigorous choir rehearsal I led last night. It’s a day-at-a-time challenge, isn’t it?

@gardenlily I grinned when you said you eat “a lot of roughage”…my mom always used that term, but I can’t think of anyone else I’ve ever heard say that!

@litprof I’m fascinated to contemplate you being in Singapore! I’m sure you’re having a grand time, as much as your work obligations allow.

@funshipfreddie I’ve spent some time contemplating this: “Action precedes motivation.” ~ Robert McKain Think of the times you’ve heard someone say so-and-so “was motivated to take action.” Right? So clearly the motivation happened first. And yet I can make a real case for the action providing the motivation–a REAL case for that. So, “if you’re motivated, take action; if you’re not motivated, take action.” 🤣 Right? 👍😉 I love it.

@dramaqueen6 I have wondered if a particular food triggers it, and for awhile thought perhaps it was cauliflower, but haven’t had any in three weeks, and have had two (three?) episodes in that time, so I’ve eliminated that. It’s an awful lot of work to keep track not simply of calories but of specific foods, so I’ve not even tried yet. I suspect at some point, I’ll cave and keep track.

@jaifaim Thanks for your kind words; they warmed my heart. And I’m really sorry you’re struggling so. Is it the strong antihistamine that’s not helping with the vertigo? I can’t imagine having vertigo as long as you’ve been suffering. After DH’s episode this last Sunday, lots of people have told about various approaches that have helped them (vertigo is FAR more common than I ever knew before DH started suffering with it!), and a common one is a chiropractor. Have you tried that?

Well, today is church stuff in the morning and piano lessons this afternoon, and we’re supposed to get some weather, perhaps snow, starting this afternoon, although the temps will likely stay above freezing so it’ll just be wet, not white. Driving should be fine, and I’ll look forward to coming home to my knitting when the day is done.

Day 9 – UK Cam – FD800

I rather fell off ‘the wagon’ yesterday – found an open packet of chocolate HobNobs (for non UK residents – they are sweet oaty, crunchy biscuits coated with chocolate) it’s the usual – eat one, eat the packet 🙁 Anyway, having a good FD800 today – veg soup for lunch, just eaten a satsuma (bit dry, left over from Christmas!!) and planning stuffed mushrooms and broccoli for supper so should be under 800.

Welcome @elise-n – we’re a friendly, chatty lot.

@jaimfaim – yep, that’s the book – just finished it late last night and would recommend it to anyone who likes spy stories that are different. Not seen the film/TV series, not sure I would want to as the characters are in my head now and seeing someone on the big screen might not match my images!

Thanks to everyone for the concern about my cramps – I am cautious about anything yeast based (bread, beer etc) as that can cause flare ups so I guess I was careless with my eating beforehand. Painful lesson learned.

Off now to have a shower – been slaving in the back garden, moving plants so DH can have a small raised bed to grow …. vegetables! Yes, he gave up his allotment plot and now wants to grow food at home, in MY GARDEN – we have had words about this but there are some arguments you know you will never win so I like to think capitulating gracefully is the better way out. Perhaps I;ll sneak some flowers in there without him noticing??

Pocket List day 9
    @stitchincarol
    @litprof
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @gardenlily

Day 9 USA/HI FD800
    Wow… just a little off course and back up a couple pounds! This is where I would normally give up and gain till I was at a new record high weight. Hoping I can grab a life live and not get swept away this time.
    Must run as I am still cleaning house and also trying to finish an important project on the computer for work. Then off to pickup DS53 at airport on my way to DH at rehab. FS51 arrives later this afternoon. It will be great to have everyone here and DH comes home tomorrow.
    Pocket List day 9
    @stitchincarol
    @litprof
    @jaifaim
    @missybear
    @snowflake56
    @gardenlily
    @maui

Day10 FD Auckland

I’m a day late on my usual Monday/Thursday FDs but was taken out to lunch y’day. Made a good choice – salad – but it came drenched in an oil dressing… delicious!
    Enjoying reading everyone’s thoughts but have get going today. We have massive tropical storm heading our way and I have to go to the warehouse where all Billy’s art is stored to block off the bottom of the garage door and other doors as best I can to stop the water getting in. We had a deluge 2 weeks ago which created havoc in the city – 4 months rain in 1 day… stay strong everyone!

Day 10, NFD, Aus

Fri-yay! And PFDS. I almost waivered yesterday but for some reason @funshipfreddie’s comment about FDs being like a trip to the dentist really helped. I stopped thinking about all the food I couldn’t eat, and focused instead of what I could eat the day after my FD (today). And of course, today, I’m not tempted by any of it. How did my other pocket list friends go? Did your good frame of mind carry through the day, @jaifaim?

I love the street food in Singapore, @litprof. I’m most envious! Unlike you, however, whenever I’m there I throw abandon out the window. I am not usually a breakfast eater, but I do love a roti telur in the morning!

@gardenlily – your post re your DH wanting to take over a portion of your garden, reminded me of a pic I saw on social media recently. It depicted a young couple with their arms around each other. She was holding a German Shepherd puppy (so cute!) and he was holding a small sign that read “She wanted a puppy. I didn’t. So we compromised. We got a puppy.”

Ouch, @maui. Not friendly scales at all. I’m sure it’s just stress induced because you have been doing so wonderfully of late. It will be good to have family around you again.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 9 NFD

Thank you for all the warm welcomes!
    @gardenlilly
    @jaifaim
    @Dramaqueenf6
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

I was down 1 more pound this morning 🌅
    A few drinks this evening with the girls as a reward. Gotta have a little relax from time to time ☺️.
    Best of luck all on their FD

Day 10, Germany, FD800

@merryapple Take care!

Pocket list day 10
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 10 – Ireland – FD 🚫🚶🏼‍♀️✅

@maui it’s lovely to hear your sons have got back to see you both. 💕

@gardenlily I must read the book …. there have been two series aired with another planned so hopefully you have more books with the team in Slough House?

@penz it did!! I had a decent FD800. And a generally positive day. Thank you…⭐️

@stitchincarol thanks! There is a local chiropractor who is very good so I may just book that soon. Was hoping meds and accupuncture would help but not there yet… I’m also trying to watch my diet and also doing some gentle movement.

Joining the Friday fasters today @merryapple and @snowflake56 💪 – yesterday was more FD800 and I’m not feeling the results of recent efforts so going to fast again today and that means the weekend can be more carefree. I’m away for a friend’s big birthday party in Portugal next week and am feeling a little snug in my clothes..honestly I’m not really in the zone for the trip but it will be great I’m sure. The snugness may be down to the medication as I’ve been quite focused this week but I feel I can give another little effort today. 👍👍

Hi to everyone else and happy Friday to you all 💕

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket list day 10 ⭐️
    @merryapple
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @jaifaim

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@maui – I hope all goes well with your DH’s homecoming. Enjoy your family reunion!

@penz – I’m so glad the dentist comment helped you to get through your FD! Isn’t PFDS the best?! 😅

@gardenlily – Hobnobs?! That’s exactly what I would’ve done with Jaffa Cakes – scoffed the lot 😱

@merryapple – stay safe! And it would be wonderful if some of your unwanted rain could be diverted to Port Elizabeth 🌧

@stitchincarol – a bit of a conundrum? 😅 That action/motivation quote came up in a book I’m currently reading – ‘Yoga & the Pursuit of Happiness’ (Sam Chase). but now I can’t even find the page I read it on, duh? But it reminded me of someone on the forum complaining of losing their mojo last year, & I suggested that motivation needed to be constantly worked on, that it’s not spontaneous. And then I recently saw this, by Dean Bokhari:-

“Then I realised that the lifespan of motivation is a lot like the honeymoon phase of a new relationship—it’s really exciting at first, but that feeling doesn’t last. A relationship needs to be tended to, with small and thoughtful actions, in order to sustain itself. Motivation works in a similar way. We need to take small and thoughtful actions to keep the motivation train moving along, or else it’ll lose steam and come to a screeching halt.
    This realisation led me to a simple discovery, which I now believe is the most important thing you need to know about getting motivated: Action leads to motivation. Regardless of what you want to get motivated about, THE ANSWER ALWAYS BEGINS WITH ACTION. Action is the impetus for motivation. Action is the precursor to motivation. Action comes first, motivation comes after.”

Gotta get moving. Happy Fri-yay y’all! 🍹

“You haven’t failed until you stop trying” ~ Jon Gordon

Second post

Just browsed back to the forum and have to say @funshipfreddie I agree… It’s the first step that is important and the motivation comes afterwords… start small but start…. Don’t think “I have a 5km to walk… “ Think: I’ll just walk around the block.. the first step is to put the walking shoes on… then the next is to leave the house, then the next: one foot in front of the other… before you know it you’re around the block and wanting to keep going… so the action came first and then you were motivated
    I forget this … but must remember it…
    Thanks! ⭐️

Day 10 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

On the topic of motivation, at the start of the year I wasn’t feeling motivated, just sad and fat and wanted to feel better so joined the January challenge (action) and by the end of January motivation had kicked in…….so I agree that action precedes motivation. I suppose the difficulty arises when we get get weary of the action. Maybe that is the time to review what we are doing? Maybe just a little change in routine fires up the motivation again?

Good FD yesterday. I have planned a relaxed but mindful weekend aiming not to exceed TDEE 🤞

Happy Friday all 🍷😊

Day 10 – USA/GA – NFD

I’m back! Good trip. Off today and going to do some errands. Weigh-in was 219 lbs this morning, which is amazing considering that I haven’t fasted in over a week.

Will catch up soon.

Day 10 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 153.0

I didn’t make it through the whole day, and had cheese and a slice of hearty bread in the evening…doubt it was over 500 calories, however, and feel no guilt. And, since I’m not ravenous this morning–as is usual after a WF–I’ll have an easier time with OMAD, which I seldom manage to pull off on a Friday, but always hope to do.

@gardenlily I chuckled at your indignation at your DH wanting veggies in your garden. Perhaps you’ll eventually see the beauty in combining them with flowers?? 😂🤞

@maui I’m smiling to think of both sons home and your DH coming home as well. I’ll bet it’s a lovely time for you all!

@jaifaim Have fun in Portugal, and I hope your clothes don’t feel quite so snug by the time you leave and get there!

@funshipfreddie Great quote, and lots to think about–all of which I find very, very true. Hence my thinking every time I drive to Omaha to teach piano lessons. Love the comparison to a honeymoon: I love my husband deeply and dearly, but our relationship now, 34 years later, is not the same as on our honeymoon, LOL! So goes motivation. Excellent words, and thanks for typing them out.

@northgeorgia After a week away around Vegas food, only 219?? EXCELLENT. And welcome back!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.