Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Focused February – The February 2023 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 382 replies, has 27 voices, and was last updated by  Maui 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 389 total)

• Day 3 – DORSET – NFD – AF

Hi All,

love hearing everyones news, checking in and community keeps me going!

@brightonbelle – Chiropractor was a success and she always gives excellent advice on a whole range of topics and best of all she makes me laugh.

Have a lovely Friday everyone.

Day 3 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

As @jaifaim said its a new bank holiday here in Ireland for wonderful St Brigid. And yes it has snuck up on everyone, but oh it’s great to have this long weekend to look forward to.

My work is letting us finish early, Fri-yay!!
    Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 3 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

What a pocket list yesterday?! Had a relatively pain-free FD & managed 12,500 steps. Absorbed in paperwork ๐Ÿ˜ฑ but managed to do pretty much everything on my phone or laptop. Isn’t technology wonderful? A couple of baffling forms I’ve never seen before. One was some kind of declaration stating I wasn’t an American taxpayer?! I mean, imagine if we eventually have to fill one in for EVERY country we don’t pay tax in?! ๐Ÿ˜… Anyway, I just have to make one visit to the attorney’s next week to pay fees & sign a couple of things & I think I’m done til moving time

@brightonbelle – Kuchisabishii, I love that word ๐Ÿคฃ And easy to pronounce: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LuJyhZ-nbU

@penz – well done on a successful FD on Day 1 too! Wishing all your FDs are effortless from now one ๐Ÿ’ซ

@jaifaim – sounds like you’re back on track; enjoy your long weekend – @daffodil2010 too ๐ŸŒบ ๐ŸŽ‰

Happy Fri-yay y’all! ๐Ÿน

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Good. Now to get down to ten pounds under that and set a new record… it will come!

So excited! A friend who is meeting me in Vegas booked us a trip to the Grand Canyon by coach while out there. Never been there either, so should be fun!!

Unfortunately, something landed in my lap at work late yesterday afternoon with a deadline on Feb. 14, only giving me about two working days to get it ready. Thanks for the stress over vacation! I’ll see what I can put into place to let other team members do what they can so I have less guesswork when I return.

Yes, Wesley and Lola need to come back. Where are they? ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3 UK CD

Delighted to have lost a whole 1lb since Wednesday bringing back to last Friday’s weight despite only 1 x FD this week. I’ve derailed my FD x 2 this week with evening cashews – I know they help me sleep but they need to be accounted for!

I’ve got a day ‘off’ today tho sat in on a zoom meeting and have cleared some last emails. But I’m still in PJs ahead of yoga class & shower, and started the day baking 2 loaves of gf vegan oat soda bread for 2 x weekend community gatherings – lots of pumpkin seed, linseed and amaranth seed with raisins, tho just realised I forgot to add cinnamon. Delighted to have got them both in the oven and kitchen cleared up within 30 mins – I’m getting better at this! Now the trick is not to eat too much at Sat breakfast or Sunday lunch!

I’m staying in town from Sunday pm – Thurs eve for a conference which has very long days including fringe events around breakfast/lunch/dinner. I’ve not signed up for any dinners and will take packed lunch to a couple of others so I can make sure I have salad or other simple food. Determined both to get through the conference and to eat as mindfully as I can! Focussed Feb it is.

@dramaqueen6 look forward to hearing how you get on with the 30 day reset

@brightonbelle i catch up on my laptop and touch type so it’s easy to do longer posts, then when hosting I have two windows open so i can read and reply. It must be really hard on a phone!!

Wishing you all a lovely weekend, and to those enjoying St Brigid’s bank holiday – what a wonderful idea!

Day 3 Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ NFD

Weight down another half a pound this week, slow but pleased the downward trend is continuing. Now for a bump in the roadโ€ฆ.this weekend we are having a mini break in St Davids, UKโ€™s smallest city, to celebrate my birthday. There will be sightseeing, walkingโ€ฆโ€ฆand the necessary dining outโ€ฆ..with a few ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿท๐Ÿธ๐Ÿฅณ. Perhaps I wonโ€™t weigh in again until the last Friday of February when I have done sufficient to make up for the little break from restraint.

Have a lovely weekend everyone, I will be back on Tuesday for what will probably be a much needed FD ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 3, Germany, FD800

@at Hoping for good results! Are you fasting with me today?

@dramaqueen6 I’m glad your back is fine again. What kind of dancing do you do?

Pocket list day 3
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3 UK NFD

A pound down , which Iโ€™m delighted with a busyish weekend followed by a city break away will be challenging Iโ€™m going to try and stay steady

St Davidโ€™s @missybear – always a good one for quizzes ๐Ÿ’ญ have a lovely time

Right off for a walk now bit of shopping then catching up with eldest son and his girlfriend , in the pub but Iโ€™m only having a couple – first time Iโ€™ve been able to drink for 2 weeks thanks to the antibiotics so Iโ€™m looking forward and try and catch up with you all later

Day 3 USA/HI NFD
    Weigh in this morning hit a new low of 160. Even with allowing for my usual up/downs following a new low, I can see myself hitting 159 by end of Focused February.
    With most everything else in my life totally out of my control, it feels good to be able to finally gain control of my weight after many decades. Thanks to the support of this amazing 5:2 family! I hope this encourages others. If I can do it, then anyone canโ€ฆ. this WOL really works!

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 150.6

That weight is up 0.2lbs from last Friday, so no loss this week. Emotions about that range from indignation that I didn’t lose anything to relief that I’m not up, given I have not eaten particularly well this past week. I choose relief and a renewed FOCUS.

Today’s plan is a sumo orange (never had one that I remember, and they’re showing up in the grocery stores) and a 150-calorie can of soup for lunch, then out to dinner with friends and to an art gallery opening, then drinks afterward. Will I stay under 1500 calories for the day? Well, I’ll choose as best I can at dinner, and perhaps the best thing would be to do an extra-long Leslie walk to compensate for the extra calories I’m likely to take in.

Regardless, my basement freezer is now cleaned out (gotta love nights that get down to 1/-18, allowing me to put everything from the freezer in laundry baskets and outside overnight while the freezer thaws and dries out, LOL), and all I have left is the freezer on top of the fridge. Another day, because today I have an agenda to figure out for a meeting I lead tomorrow, and then DH and I are off for fun!

@brightonbelle This made me chuckle: “Phew ! I donโ€™t know how you lengthy posters manage it Iโ€™m exhausted.” I’m taking that to mean that you’re the quiet one at parties?? ๐Ÿ˜‰ I’ve always been a talker; when I was little, Daddy was always telling me at supper to quit talking and EAT. The family still laughs over the supper when, in utter exasperation, Daddy bellowed, “Carol Jean, quit eating and TALK!!!!!” Oops! ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

@gardenlily I’m so envious that you already get to be working in your garden at all; our soil is frozen rock hard and every is snow-covered…gardening won’t happen for two or three months still. And I’d love to clean out your freezer for you; how about if I pop over on Wednesday morning?

@songbirdme I love that you stick with the forum even though you clearly have maintenance down pat. How much do you think your success with maintenance is connected with being part of the forum, and how much would you be fine without the forum? (Okay, that was hideously phrased, but I’ll leave it be, guessing what I mean is clear, even if the words are not, LOL.)

@michelinme Isn’t it a great feeling when you FEEL thin? And even better to be down another pound. Have a great time being on break, an even lovelier break that you don’t have any commitments to deal with!

@penz I missed you in January, and was guessing you’d be back in February; I’m so delighted I was right and you’re with us again! The forum isn’t complete without you.

@at My DH had six or so moles removed ten days ago, all from his neck/back, and all of which the doctor said were fine (but tested anyway, and they were), for which I’m thankful. You must be so thankful your DH’s mole was caught relatively early, and appears to have been completely caught. Do let us know when the results of this second visit come back.

@ccco I believe it was @funshipfreddie who recommended the Emotional Eating book, and I also bought it. I’ve been meaning to read a bit more every now and again for motivation, and your comment that it helps you to read a bit here and there is a reminder that I will benefit from doing the same, so thanks for mentioning that.

@maui How nice that your eating has settled into such a firm pattern of discipline and control; I’ll just bet you’re into the 150s in no time flat!

@jaifaim Bummer on waking up early…it happens with some regularity at our age, huh? Can’t say I like it, but have certainly learned to live with it almost as if it is reasonable. Almost. ๐Ÿคช๐Ÿ˜‚

@dramaqueen6 Lovely that you have such an excellent chiropractor.

@daffodil2010 I chuckle to think I’ll never again have the joy of a 3-day weekend. DH’s day off is Monday, and he never takes off a Tuesday to compensate for not truly having a holiday, and then he’ll be retired…But there are worse things in life than not having 3-day weekends, right? ๐Ÿ˜‚ Enjoy yours, especially the getting off early today part!

@funshipfreddie How lovely that you’re just about done with all the paperwork! And you’re right that a form to say you’re not an American taxpayer is hilarious!

@northgeorgia Wow, all sorts of roller coaster emotions for you: a great weigh-in, a trip to the Grand Canyon (I’ve also not yet been), and a big work project dumped on you. I’m sure you’ll manage that last just fine, and I look forward to hearing about how fun the Grand Canyon trip was!

@missybear Happy birthday!!! Have a grand time at St. Davids; I just Googled it and it looks fascinating!

@brightonbelle How delightful that you’re down a pound!

Okay, I came home in a whirlwind last night, having done a lot of grocery shopping (yup, on a WFD…somehow that’s become easy for me) for the weekend’s meals, and the house is no longer tidy, so I want to return it to the peaceful state it was. Have a grand one, everyone, being strong, determined, and FOCUSED!

Day 4, Germany, FD800

@missybear Happy birthday!

Pocket list day 4
    @snowflake56

Day 4 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@missybear – Happy Birthday! ๐Ÿฅณ๏ธ ๐Ÿฅ‚ & enjoy your weekend away!

@maui – congrats on the new low! ๐ŸŽฏ ๐Ÿ…

@northgeorgia – Enjoy Vegas & the Grand Canyon. 14 & 29 ๐Ÿ˜‰

@snowflake56 – Sending you RESOLVE for your Saturday FD ๐Ÿ’ช

Michael Mosley article from the UK Mail – should the NHS pay people to lose weight? ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-11711435/DR-MICHAEL-MOSLEY-NHS-pay-peopole-lose-weight.html

Have a good weekend everyone ๐ŸŒค๐ŸŒˆ

Day 4 – Dorset – NFD

@missybear – have a lovely birthday weekend.๐ŸŽ‰

@snowflake56 – we do Salsa, Batacha Tango, Argentine Tango and other dances, however, each week the dance instructer tells us what we are doing and we all look at each other blankly!!! Dancing is supposed to keep you mind active, I dread to think what my mind would be like if we didnt go!

@funshipfreddie – interesting article, my first thought was how ridiculous, but the stats seem to add up. When I started thinking about it I think it might help. At work there are 3 people who need to lose weight for medical reasons. Long story short I said we could all weigh in together once a week and encourage each other (like this forum) and when talking to them, their biggest fear was that they couldn’t afford to diet. I am hoping to dispel this thought if we plan carefully. So anyway, paying people to lose weight might help people to get over that hurdle of thinking that dieting is expensive.

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 4 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

I hear you @brightonbelle I sometimes have the capacity to write long posts but often I canโ€™t.. I post in the phone so itโ€™s a case of having the time and focus to do soโ€ฆ but shur the most important is to be here no matter how long or short the post.

@missybear – happy birthday!!! enjoy St Davids! Such a lovely spotโ€ฆ lots of great coastal walks, good pubs and great food! We cycled and stayed around that part of Pembrokeshire over from Tenby and just loved itโ€ฆ little pub hotel in the way into the โ€cityโ€.I love Wales anyway and so easy for us to get to. There is a lovely brunch cafe there.. I must remember the name.

Off to meet some friends for brunch here.

Have a great day all.

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 218 lbs. Probably won’t bother reporting in tomorrow as I need to leave the house at 5 a.m. See you all Friday morning!

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 152.4

Dinner last night was decently restrained, so I feel good about the choices I made.

I’m going to teach a mom and her two school age daughters to knit, and today we go to the yarn store to choose yarn and get needles that are appropriate for their choices; next will be to find a day we can actually start knitting. Looking forward to it! Then I lead a meeting that’ll last less than two hours, and then the rest of the day is mine to start cooking for tomorrow and Monday. My plan is to do OMAD, although I may get a nonfat latte to take to my meeting, so that the protein in it sustains me better than only water will.

I’m eating as few calories as possible today because tomorrow, as soon as we’re done with church and Bible class, we head to another town an hour away to gather with family to celebrate MIL’s 93rd birthday, and then we have to be home by 5:30 because a member of the congregation invited us to supper, LOL. (We had already accepted that invitation when the lunch plan was proposed.) Monday, I’m roasting a goose for dinner for our sons, and making a variety of new recipes to go with it. So LOTS of cooking and eating in the next two days, explaining my plan to eat as little as possible today.

Hey, how long can a steamed Christmas pudding sit around after Christmas???

Have a grand one, everyone!

USA. Day 4. FD

Happy Birthday, MIssybear! Good article, FUNSHIPFREDDIE! Right now over here, we are having another valid discussion about weight loss. Weight loss drugs are not covered by our healthcare programs and insurance companies. The discussion is over whether we should regard been overweight as an individual’s fault or a disease. Once they conclude that it isn’t the individual’s weakness but a heath problem, insurance will cover it and we will all be better off. I hope that happens soon.

Against my better judgement, I weight myself and found that I lost 1 1/2 lbs. this week, a win! I decided this has to be a lifestyle change and will continue to regard every pound lost a win, even if I find it annoyingly slow! I will take the pound every day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Adding myself to Snowflake’s pocket list:

Pocket list day 4
    @snowflake56
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend, even if many of us are simply trying not to freeze to death!! LOL. Hurry up Spring!

Day4 U.K. NFD

Busy day having to fit in watching 2 rugby games
    Have a good Saturday all , catch up tomorrow

Day 4 UK NFD

I’ve had a lot of chocolate today and a little bread. Going to have a veg tastic supper with all the protein that needs eating up before I go away tomorrow morning.

@missybear happy birthday! Hope you are having a wonderful time in St David’s

@stitchincarol this is a full on conference, 15hr/day conference rather than a break – that comes at the end of the month

@brightonbelle I’m also eyes down on rugby – major Scotland fan – currently too tense as we’re one point down in the Calcutta Cup, hence posting here!

@northgeorgia hope you have a wonderful time in Vegas

I have to go and finish packing, cook supper and get to bed early. Due to leave at 8.30am and didn’t sleep well or long last night.

@ccco well done on your 1.5lb loss this week – that’s amazing progress, well done!

@stitchincarol we keep steamed christmas puddings for at least a year if not longer – i made two together in December and am keeping one for next year! Have a lovely time celebrating your MIL’s 93rd

I will do my best to post daily this next week but not likely to keep up with posts – still 300 MORE pages to read pre-conference and as of this afternoon a short speech to write for Monday evening. Going to do better than I have today – no chocolate/sugar this week, no emotional eating and no alcohol. I can do this!

Day 5 Melbourne Australia (Cairns currently) NFD

I’m going home tomorrow. I am having a good holiday,but cannot wait to get back into a FD. I live alone and am a bit peopled out after 5 days with all my sisters (who I love).

Great keeping up with what everyone is doing.

Day 4 USA/HI FD 800
    Already logged in my 800 calories for the day on MFP so should be ok if I remember to check it.
    As usual, water then coffee with macadamia nut milk in morning= 40 calories
    Just had lunch here at Rehab with DH. They have a covered outdoor seating area with tables so we have a โ€œpicnicโ€ lunch here everyday. Mine was pastrami and cheese/ greens on keto bread, hard boiled egg total 280 calories.
    Dinner will be Mahi fish skillet sautรฉ with butter and garlic served over healthy noodles with fresh spinach and fresh broccoli . Dessert is Seven Nut butter mixed with a little chocolate protein powderโ€ฆ..making total for day 800 calories. Logging it all in and making adjustments to equal 800 calories helps me see I have lots of food to consume and this should not be difficult.
    Just thought I would share my eating plan today as not much else going on LOL
    Onward and Downward!

USA. Day 4 Second Post

Well, after a stressful family meet up, my good intentions went sideways but tomorrow is another day! See you all tomorrow! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 5 AUS FD800

Iโ€™m in again for this month too! I came back to the IF/FD lifestyle after an indulgent festive season on Jan 20, weighing in at 60.4k/133lbs. Iโ€™m doing as many FD800s from Mon-Fri as I can, and trying to be careful on weekends.

I weighed in this morning at 57.6k/126lbs – so nearly 3k down in 2.5 weeks. Hoping to move another kilo this upcoming week. Current goal is 54.5k.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!

Day 5 New Zealand. NFD

Kia ora from Aotearoa!!! I’m back again. I’ve been doing 5:2 since early December 2022 and have lost 7kg or 15pounds since then. I usually fast Mondays and Wednesdays, having a fruit at midday and then a small dinner on fast days. On NFD I eat what I like but I have noticed that my meals are smaller and usually healthy options.

It is a long weekend here so looking forward to fasting tomorrow, we will be driving 4 hours back home so should be an easy fast

Happy fasting ๐Ÿ˜„

Day 4 Ohio, US — NFD
    Days 2,3 — NFD

Thanks all for the good wishes. The endodontist thought that the infection would clear up completely in a couple of days. It hasn’t yet and there’s a lot more pain this time around than there was in June. It appears that this is still the same infection in exactly the same place as in June. It probably never cleared up, but was just smoldering without overt symptoms. The doses of antibiotics are strong enough that I need substantial food with them to prevent stomach upset, so I won’t get back to fasting until everything is back to normal. I can already tell that with my changed eating regimen and reduced exercise I’ve gained some weight, but I’m not going to weigh myself until I get back into a position to do something about it. This is really frustrating!

@funshipfreddie Ice cream is nice, but having to eat it takes some of the joy away!

@penz Having an incentive like that is a powerful motivator! It’s nice to get that positive feedback!

Day 05 โ€“ SUNDAYโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ โ€“ (NFD) ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”

It really is quite a challenge ‘back-reading’ posts if you miss a few days! Woo! Anyway have made it a mission this morning to catch-up and will resolve to at least check-in daily even if not posting daily.

@maui… really resonated with your statement “with most everything else in my life totally out of my control, it feels good to be able to finally gain control of my weight” as this is absolutely where I was this time last year when my world turned upside down. Even in the uncertainty I gained a lot of power and strength by focussing on my 5:2 and then the delight at seeing the positive results when everything else was in a state of flux around me. You are doing so well! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ””

@fastingnurse – mลrena! 7kg? Fabulous effort through the obstacle course of December & January. You rock! ๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ””๐Ÿ”” It’s great when, as a result of our FDs, the NFDs become healthier too…that’s the trick! ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ You’ve got it!

OPEN HOUSE yesterday (rained!) with 6 groups including 2 groups returning for 2nd inspections … so, who knows?
    Just 2 more OH to go and then, if not sold, will withdraw from the market as the contract I have on the house I’m buying will expire. They’ve bought elsewhere and have other buyers lined up, so no chance of extending the Subject To Sale contract. Had a big chat with galpal this morning about it. She has always thought I should not sell this house as it is really lovely and meets all my needs, and I do love it too. So it’s not the end of the world if I miss out on the other house. I guess, after last year, I was just looking for a refresh with the excitement of somewhere new. Maybe just re-decorate instead!

@stitchincarol… you are such a busy lady and have so many different activities on the go! Always entertaining reading your posts!๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

Enough for today, but ‘hi’๐Ÿ–to everyone. Tomorrow is my FUN DAY (FD)… looking forward to more lovely salad… did I mention we are in the middle of a heatwave? It’s sweltering ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ and just so envious of the snow โ›„โ„โ˜ƒโ›„ our pals on the other side are enjoying!

cheerie dearies

Thought: (very deep!๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ˜ต)
    Itโ€™s time to replace what you were doing with what works. Not because of the guilt, the shame, or the regret. Do it because you deserve better than to live a life that brings you pain. You deserve joy. You deserve happiness. You deserve peace. Donโ€™t ignore yourself any longer!

Day 5 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

I lost the plot a little yesterday with some mindless snacking. Hence today’s FD, but also a lunch date tomorrow.

@fastingnurse – welcome back, & well done on the 7 kg loss! ๐ŸŽฏ

@matpi – so sorry to hear you’re still having a grim time with that infection?! ๐Ÿ™ you get back to normal soon.

@dramaqueen6 – yes, it is odd how many people equate dieting with more expense, when fasting actually saves money. I guess people just assume they have to sign up with a weight-loss program & buy expensive shakes & supplements. As for paying people to lose weight; it sort of makes sense, when you look at how much the NHS spends on diabetes & related disorders alone. But I find it hard to comprehend how people are prepared to lose weight for money, but not for the sake of their health?!

@linda.b – the OH sounds promising! Especially the 2nd viewings. Fingers ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคžfor an imminent sale ๐Ÿก

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday!

Pocket List – Day 5 ๐Ÿซ
    @litprof FD800
    @funshipfreddie

Day 5, Germany, FD800

@funshipfreddie No resolve problems overhere, I’m getting used to ~800 cals and the weight is going down well. Paying people money might work. We had an obese girl at work who wanted to get married. We went online to look what style of dress she’d like but she found out the kind of dress she wanted to wear didn’t seem to look great in her current size. She always wanted to go to Weight Watchers but found it too expensive. My DH offered to pay the fee for 6 months as her Christmas present (he was her employer). It worked very well, she lost the weight she wanted and found a lovely dress in a town nearby. She looked absolutely beautiful on her wedding day.

@linda.b Second viewings sound promissing!

@dramaqueen6 I had to look up Batacha Tango, it seems a bit different from the tango we do. We just do classic ballroom. My favourite dances are tango, jive and Viennese waltz. My DH also likes cha-cha very much.

@fastingnurse Well done, 7 kilos are a lot of weight.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 5 ๐Ÿซ
    @litprof FD800
    @funshipfreddie
    @snowflake56

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 5 – Ireland – NFD ๐Ÿšซ๐Ÿšถ๐Ÿผโ€โ™€๏ธโœ…

Hello and happy Sunday all!

Hope you are having a lovely day. It is beautifully crisp and cool here today so have had a cycle / just a short one to try get back in the zone- and will spend the afternoon catching up with family.

@missybrew I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the little cafรฉ but it was a Welsh name and started with Brโ€ฆ Iโ€™m sureโ€ฆ you have probably found it by now anywayโ€ฆ but so many lovely places to choose from. Very envious. Itโ€™s a special place. You should be so proud ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ.

Hope everyone is doing ok and those of you who are unwell can just keep putting one foot in front of the other and hopefully things will get better for you soon. ๐Ÿ™

Onward and downward โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 5 NFD country west Australia 86.6 kgs ( 190.5 lbs) 13.61 stone !!!!!!
    I go through patches of doing 5:2 well and then life happens.
    And unlike when I previously did 5:2 in 2016/17 and lost weight and was healthy, now I just sometimes can’t be bothered.
    Correction – couldn’t be bothered to do 5:2 properly. A few fairly scary health issues have cropped up – and as a health professional I had better start leading from the front !!
    Time to actually fast on 2 days; really watch the NFDs and get my butt off the couch and into some sort of exercise.
    Hi to all old and new.

Day 5 – UK Cam – NFD

Just a quick post for accountability – up to my ears with family/domestic stuff, nothing serious, just time consuming and downright depressing. Trying hard not to succumb to ’emotional eating urge’ or plain comfort food to cheer myself up.

@lilymartin – I so agree with your comments about life happening!

Catch up with you all next week – trying an FD on Monday and Thursday, as per Focused February plan – fingers cross (and lips sealed!) ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 5 USA (Illinois) OMAD

It is so wonderful to read about new and ‘seasoned’ members here, successes and struggles. I really think even skimming posts and chiming in every so often keeps me remembering that weight is an ongoing challenge. I suppose hearing about members who left the forums but came back, generally quite a bit heavier, keeps me signing up for these.

@stitchincarol – I suppose that answers your question. (And I agree, it’s not always easy to perfectly phrase items we post without FAR too much effort!) Maybe it is my stubborn Swede self who feels like I don’t want to not sign up for each new month, even if I am not as active as I once was.

Onward and downward.

Day 5. USA/HI. NFD
    Well, the up/downs are at it again! Even after a successful FD800 the scale is not being kind. However, I was prepared for this possibility from listening to others on this siteโ€ฆโ€ฆand I am not bothered at all. (maybe a just tiny bit)
    I will make the next few days CD of 1100-1200 calories and then go back to FD800 on Tuesday or Wednesday. If that doesnโ€™t work, will try FD 500โ€™s. Iโ€™m reserving FD500 for when the FD800 stop making a difference. Maybe that will never happen but itโ€™s nice to have a backup plan in place. Reflecting back over the past 40/50 years, I just gave up when the up/downs hit. Now I am embracing the up/downs as part of the journey. I say that a lot when talking about becoming my DHโ€™s caregiver and dealing with how our life has changed so dramatically โ€ฆ itโ€™s all part of the journeyโ€ฆface it and embrace!
    Today I am skipping going to rehab and working my hapoy 8 hour shift at the art gallery. DH approved of not coming to visit on Sunday because I am working at the gallery and will try to sell more of his art. He was all for it! So funny how strong his voice became when he said YES!
    Off I goโ€ฆ.
    Big thank you for everyone hereโ€ฆ I read all your words of encouragement and it makes such a difference!

USA. Day 5. FD

I am having a good FD. today, so am happy. I am working on making sure that continues. I hope everyone continues to have a wonderful weekend. The bitter cold is moving out and we should be having a lovely warmer week.

Take care, everyone!

Day 1 – Auckland NZ – FD
    Prodigal Return

Greetings all, Hope you donโ€™t mind adding in a late starterโ€ฆ Iโ€™ve been back on 5:2 for 2 weeks after a 5 year absence. I have regained 10 of the 15kg I lostโ€ฆ I have a fine arts degree and am a registered nurse. I love textiles, anything wool, and spin and knit my own designs. I have a big trifid like native garden which is becoming unmanageable thanks to the weather. Our summer is rain, rain and more rain because of global warming and the big Tongan marine volcano eruption that put tons of moisture and particulates into the atmosphere. I have a gorgeous wee Westie, Macintosh who is 15 today. My DH died 18 months ago and has left a big hole in my heart. I need to crack on with life and have just bought an electric bike with a dog seat for Mac and me. We have been for two rides together so far. Such fun! And of course, I love cooking and eating!

Day 5 UK NFD

Iโ€™ve not got a pen and paper to hand so canโ€™t respond individually but lots of posts that really touch me @maui @songbirdme inspirational in your own ways and @linda.b loving hearing about the OH – will you sell or stay , Iโ€™m hooked and keep on with those colourful emojis

Welcome @merry Iโ€™m sure youโ€™ll get lots of support on here

Weโ€™ve all survived the first week of February, onwards and downwards to week 2 ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 6, FD, Aus

Had another terrible nightโ€™s sleep which I know will make this FD more of a challenge. But Iโ€™m up for it!

What an odd thing to say, @dramaqueen6. Why would your colleagues say they were concerned they could not afford to go on a diet? Isnโ€™t dieting a cost saving measure in so many ways? Eating healthily is much cheaper than a diet of fast food!

I donโ€™t think Iโ€™ve ever eaten goose, @stitchincarol. Is it a bigger bird than a typical US turkey? You must have a huge oven! (Weโ€™ve frozen our left over Christmas pudding โ€“ will last until next Christmas at this rate!)

Oh! I missed your birthday @missybear. Many happy, yet belated, returns.

I love that phrase โ€œpeopled outโ€ @malee57; I know exactly what you mean!

Clutching your hand @lilymartin. We need to both bother to do 5:2 properly!

Day 6 AUS FD800

@merryapple welcome back, and I am so sorry for your loss, that is really hard so do go gentle on yourself

Itโ€™s the start of the new week here, and I am waking up in Singapore, having travelled all day yesterday. Iโ€™ll be here all week, so wonโ€™t be able to weigh myself until I get home, but hoping busy days (Iโ€™m here for work) and the local food – which is amazing – will help me eat healthily and lightly this week. I have a pool and great gym at the hotel too. Hoping to dip back into the 56k band by the weekend (a 0.7k drop, which I think is doable.)

Hope everyoneโ€™s week gets off to a good start!

Day 06 โ€“ MONDAYโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ โ€“ FUN DAY (FD) ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”

We Aussies are up early๐ŸŒ… and leading the way with today’s FUN DAY (FD).. hurrah!

Blissfully the heatwave is over for now and the humidity has dropped to a bearable level…. for now …. but still fantasizing about โ›„โ„โ„โ›„ in the northern hemisphere.

So today is my focus day and will relish the delights of monster salads all day…. my mantra is to never go hungry!

stay ๐Ÿ‘€ everyone!

cheerie dearies

Thought:
    THINK โ€“ IDEA โ€“ TRY โ€“ DO โ€“ DO AGAIN โ€“ AND AGAIN โ€“ KEEP DOING = SUCCESS ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿฅฐ

Day 06 โ€“ MONDAYโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ โ€“ FUN DAY (FD) ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”

2nd post

Pocket list for Day 06 โ€“ MONDAYโ€“ DAY 06 ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
    @penz
    @litprof
    @linda.b

Day 6 country west Australia FD 86.2 kgs….
    So far so good – but then it is only 11 am!!! ๐Ÿ™„
    @penz I am going to superglue our hands together ๐Ÿคbecause I NEED to do this for my health. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ๐Ÿ˜ฒ And I CAN do this with your help.๐Ÿ’ Thanks Buddy. ๐Ÿ˜‡Much much appreciated .
    @merryapple, welcome back. Sorry to hear about your DH. ๐Ÿ˜ข
    @linda_b I love your emojis !๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค—๐Ÿ˜
    @litprof, enjoy the food in Singapore. You lucky thing.๐Ÿ˜‹
    @maui, I am not generally a violent person but occasionally I would dearly love to slap Cruella de Scales !!!! It goes up when I think it should go down and down when I least expect it !!๐Ÿ˜ก
    Have a good day all. ๐Ÿค—

Day 6, Germany, FD800

@lilymartin Welcome back!

@merryapple Welcome back! I’m sorry to hear about the loss of your DH.

Pocket list for Day 06 โ€“ MONDAYโ€“ DAY 06 ๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡๐Ÿ˜‡
    @penz
    @litprof FD800
    @linda.b
    @merryapple
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800

Day 6 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Monday morning PFDS! And it was nice to see I wasn’t alone on my Sunday FD. Looking forward to a leisurely lunch later ๐Ÿ˜‹

@merryapple – welcome back! ๐Ÿค—

@litprof – enjoy Singapore! ๐Ÿน

@snowflake56 – that was so kind of your DH to pay for your colleague’s Weight-watchers fees!

@linda.b – I’m also fantasising about – not snow exactly – but some cooler weather. And rain!

A very inspiring, brief video of a lady in her 70’s who was struggling with mobility issues, until she tried yoga. It looks like a promo video for DDP yoga, but still worth watching: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doupRMoUFOA

Looks like today’s pocket list will be a whopper. Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters! ๐Ÿ’ช ๐ŸŽฏ ๐Ÿ

Day 6 – Dorset = FD

@funshipfreddie @penz – The only reason I can think of why they do not value their health is because their priorities are towards other things. They just need to sort out their values in life. They all work for me and I am trying to get them motivated to stick to their chosen diets. Apart from the fact they are all poorly, it will do their self esteem good.

@snowflake56 – that is so funny, as Cha Cha is the one dance my husband cannot stand.

@matpi – I really hope they resolve why the problem keeps recurring, toothache really is the worst.

@merryapple – hello. I am sorry to hear about the loss of your DH as @litprof says be gentle on yourself.

@penz
    @litprof FD800
    @linda.b
    @merryapple
    @lilymartin
    @snowflake56 FD800
    @dramaqueen6

Day 6 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD 155.8

Have another full-on eating day (yesterday had two social events, so at least today is only one), and then the scale can go down again. Doesn’t look like another pound down is in the cards this week…

I slept really well last night–so well, in fact, that I slept right until when I was supposed to start cooking in order to have dinner ready at 6pm. So I rolled out of bed and went straight into the kitchen and have done over half the preparing/cooking and have it in the fridge cooling or the oven roasting. I’ve had a small nibble of a new quinoa/broccoli salad I’m making tonight, but have otherwise swerved all temptations; my goal is to skip all food until we start appetizers late afternoon.

And now I must go; much to do before sons arrive! I’m looking forward to reading all the posts tomorrow.

Day 7, NFD, Aus

PFDS. Yay for me!

No time to read posts. very busy day today! Catch up tomorrow. Hope everyone is well.

Day 7 NFD with MUCH control country west Australia 85.7 kgs
    @penz ,Yay for us ! I hope you slept better ?
    I had a VERY good FD yesterday and managed with reasonable ease.๐Ÿ˜‡
    Drinking lots and lots of water. Cut out flat white coffees ( I adore them but too many milky calories on a FD)
    Prepped dinner ( a small Greek salad )before I went to work and hey presto! Back on the wagon and not weighing it down quite so much.
    @stitchincarol, a good nights sleep is SO important. Hope the dinner goes well. That salad sounds delish! ๐Ÿ˜‹
    Heard an interesting talk on the radio last night by a UK fellow ( been in the army and an Exercise Physiologist, dietician, neuroscientist , I think ) who has written a book ( of course!!!) called something like ‘ Killing ourselves with comfort’.
    Quite a commentary on contemporary life but one of his main themes was food and how super-processed food is killing us and responsible for many ( 27 ?) cancers.
    Went right through the salt/sugar/fat combos which switch on our pleasure centres.
    It is the fourth talk I have heard in the past few weeks on a similar topic so am divesting my pantry of all these items over time.
    My thrifty upbringing won’t let me throw out ‘ good’ food holus bolus so it will be one last ‘ hurrah’.
    I don’t buy a lot of processed stuff ,but I have stopped myself buying chips ( just in case of visitors), biscuits ( ditto) etc. ???
    So am I killing my family and visitors by offering them food not home made ???
    Apparently tinned is processed but retains some nutrition.
    Frozen veggies very good and often a better option than old fresh veggies sitting on the shop shelves for ??? how long.
    He also mentioned something in processed food was an insulin disruptor but I didn’t hear what so will have to listen to it again.
    Happy fasting … or eating…..or whatever .
    Together we have got this.๐Ÿค—

second post.
    Re talk I heard last night, of course exercise is vital, especially resistance work for those over 40, and quite heavy weights too.

Day 07 โ€“ TUESDAYโ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia ๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜๐Ÿฆ˜ โ€“ (NFD) ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ…๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿฅ’๐Ÿฅ‘๐Ÿฅ•๐Ÿ…๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅฌ๐Ÿฅฆ๐Ÿ„๐ŸŒถ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”๐Ÿ”

It’s a NFD day today but enjoyed yesterday’s monster salad so much will repeat again and again, just up the protein on NFDs. It’s so hot ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ that salad is really the only appetising food I want to eat and so easy to prepare, don’t have to overthink it ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹ …. thank heavens I love it! ๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š Save the haute cuisine for outings. Being summer there are so many veg options to keep the salads tasty and interesting.

@lilymartin & @penz …. aren’t PFDS great! It’s so good when the light switches on ๐Ÿ’ก๐Ÿ’ก and you can focus again….. you’ve both got this!โœ…โœ…

@funshipfreddie… you really come up with some interesting research… I watched yesterday’s contribution and realise I really need to ‘limber up’ too! Inspiring! @lilymartin, you’re right, resistance training is so important too… If it wasn’t so hot I’d apply myself to these…. I’ll work on it and try to find my motivation somewhere… I really do need to do something about my core strength. ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜€

Stay focussed everyone! Today you are one day closer to your goals!๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚

cheerie dearies

Thought:
    โ€œpoco a pocoโ€ โ€“ little by little, bit by bit, slowly, gradually
    ๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚๐Ÿš‚

Day 6 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 5 — NFD

Not much change with respect to the tooth infection. Right now, it’s just a holding pattern until I go back to see the endodontist for the follow-up visit. One thing that I’ve just begun doing today, since I can’t return to regular fasting, is to go back to counting bites. Once I establish a baseline, I’ll be able to control food intake by reducing the number of bites of food I take a day. I did this back in 2020 and don’t recall off hand why I stopped.

@dramaqueen6 One small blessing with all this is that there is no pain — just a gumboil. My dentist said that there’s no pain because the infection by-products are able to drain out of the gum. On the other hand, I can definitely tell that I’m getting physically worn down by the infection. So it will be nice to get my energy back!

@linda.b Recently I haven’t been able to do my daily yoga practice, so I’ve developed a way of sneaking stretching and resistance training into the regular routine. Every time I take a break, about every 20-30 minutes, I do one isometric exercise and one stretching exercise. The two together take less than a minute, so doing them hardly impacts my daily routine at all. And it’s nice: the more I work (so the more breaks I take), the fitter I become!

@lilymartin One former FDA (Food and Drug Agency in the US) commissioner, David Kessler, has written a book, Fast Carbs—Slow Carbs, which talks about the deleterious effects of rapidly digested ultra-processed carbs. Here’s a link to web-page that does a good job of summarizing his position:
    https://krisulland.com/fast-carbs-slow-carbs/ This might be a nice complement to your radio talk.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 389 total)

You must be logged in to reply.