FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 748 total)

• Day 5, Ireland, NFD

Had a good FD yesterday, I had 2 eggs with a handful of spinach and 6 cherry tomatoes for dinner along with a lot of hot drinks so I’m sure it was under 400calories.

Today okay so far, it’s the NFDs and the snacking I struggle with so I am planning a chicken salad for dinner although I have had a few portions of salted peanuts as well as bread and salad at lunchtime so no idea where I am calorie wise.

Good luck to everyone doing lots of 800 days, wish I was so organized and motivated!! i!m just trying to stay on track with 5:2 for now.
    Thanks for adding me to pocket list yesterday as still haven’t figured it out on either tablet or phone.

2nd post,

@songbirdme….stay safe and sound and off of the ice! It was absolutely treacherous yesterday, and still not great this morning. They delayed schools but didn’t call them off because of all the school time they have to make up from last week. Many school bus accidents as well as falls and car accidents! Be careful!!!

Hi everyone day 5 fD Northern Ireland

Still catching up on posts but I am very humbled with some of the comments to me, a few even brought a tear to my eye, so thank you. You all have been of great support to me and I am so grateful. You are such a wonderful bunch of people, always supportive, ideas and tips shared and with a good mix of humour to make us smile. Warms the cockles of my heart, as they used to say. It’s always nice to see familiar names among the mix, @chipmonk13, its like meeting up with friends you haven’t seen for a while.

I feel I have been talking the talk and slipping backward and forward for so long. So hoping I can begin to walk the walk. Tonight is my first session at the gym with the PT so looking forward to that with a little bit of trepidation thrown in.

My fast last night went well until after going along to a support group for my son we found ourselves on our way home later than expected and with my OH and DS deciding on fish and chips – my bowl of homemade vegetable soup waiting at home seemed less than appealing. I held out until the smell over took me and they both offered me a little of each of their portions. So I have to get real and accept that a smaller portion is probably acceptable in real life and much better than having a full portion of fish and chips all to myself.

I have just ordered the Fast800 book and have printed off some of the recipes that have been mentioned on previous pages in this challenge.

keep up the good work everyone – remember you are amazing! Believe you can and you are half way there x

second post

@ab 805 your post put a smile on your face 🙂

Day 5 supposed to be a FD but wasn’t even close! Portugal

I’m not sleeping so well and I think this affects my focus. I just seemed to be hungry all day! Managed a 5k run, though, so at least that’s something. Here’s hoping for a FD tomorrow.

USA Day 5 FD (800 cals.; 16:8)
    Second Post

Just closed out my kitchen for the day! Another 800FD! Hope everyone has had a wonderful day! Stay strong!

Day 5 – Eastern WA USA – FD

New snow over night but not a big blizzard. We haven’t had much snow this year so we need it. The wind blew it into my covered area by my main door. I need to buy a suitable broom to take care of outside snow and debris that blows in. I’m keeping busy so the hours go by without too much attention to food. I’m definitely exploring more herbal teas to keep warm on my mainly water fast days. I’m at about 42.5 hours of a 60-62 or so hour fast. Planning to break the fast at about 10:00 tomorrow.

@missybear – hope you’ve been enjoying your birthday!

@snowflake56@songbirdme mentioned what half and half is. You may have something similar, but just call it something else. I’ve switched over to using real cream, called heavy whipping cream here, as I’ve switched over to keto because cream is lower carb.

@shinything – I don’t remember exactly what you’re suffering with regarding your shoulder. I know that for a season one of my shoulder’s really lost mobility. I couldn’t even close my bra in the usually fashion but had to turn it around to the front. It hurt to toss in my purse into the passenger seat as I got into the car… for me a combination of a chiropractor who had special training in shoulders, and a therapeutic massage person did the trick over several months. We determined that I probably had a small rotator cuff tear years prior and that scar tissue had built up. They had to break down the scar tissue, which was painful so did it bit by bit. I’m so glad I did it as I kept from having surgery. It’s still well; just need to stretch and on occasion get a tune-up. I hope you get yours taken care of well.

Day 5 Pocket list:

@judyjudes Fast800
    @daffodil2010 Fast800
    @diggly Fast800
    @michelinme
    @flourbaby Fast800
    @basyjames Fast800
    @ccco Fast800
    @northerndawn
    @ab 805
    @annemarilyn

Day 5 – UK – CD

Yesterday was meant to be a WFD but on returning home from my evening yoga class I knew I needed to eat something, if I was to get some sleep 😴 so I had 2 poached eggs on some toast, coming in at around 350cals and the day had included lots of exercise – 45mins of Broga, 1hr Pilates and 90mins of Yoga so was very happy with that FD instead!

Today went for a lovely walk with my group this and attended a HIT Pilates class with OH this evening followed by a healthy salad dinner and drinking plenty of water – feeling good!

@missybear – Hope you had/having a fab birthday today – Happy 60th 💐 I’m about 7 months older and have been enjoying my 60th year very much x
    @shinything – I too suffered with a shoulder impingement previously – the physio I saw at the time told me that the key was to strengthen the muscles around the shoulder joint – mine happened due to being too flexible apparently!!!
    @cornish-jane – so lovely to hear from you again just after I had posted yesterday! You have had an amazing journey and I have no doubt that you will hit your target sooner than later!
    @daffodil2010 – the start of your post made me smile 😊 I DID NOT EAT CAKE!!
    @chipmunk13 – enjoy the visit with the kids and grandson – perfect times
    @erika45 – welcome and as you know it’s never too late to be part of these challenges
    @teeny73 – welcome to you – never too late to start – you have taken the first step to this fantastic WOL. I have added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use for tracking and extra motivation 🤗
    @steffieagle – how wonderful to hear from you – it’s been a while 🤗 and even better to hear that maintenance is still your game – I have added you in the green maintenance colour on the spreadsheet for inspiration to others.
    @ccco – I too am one of those that did not like removing food groups from my diet – 5:2 has been brilliant for me – the main lesson I had to learn, as I have said before, was to learn how much I could eat to maintain my weight – by still doing 2 x FD each week it allows me to have my little indulgences and maintain – I enjoy a glass or two of wine around 3/4 nights a week – I also am very partial to a fruit/cheese scone or a slice of cake a couple of times of a week. I don’t have desserts at home ever saving that for when I’m eating out. Learning what my TDEE translated to into in terms of calories was a shock initially!!!
    @ciren2 – must have been a bit of shock going back to work today – hope your weather was nicer than ours – a grey and drizzly cumbrian afternoon although it was dry when out walking this morning!
    @northerndawn -no apologies required x
    @ab-805 – good to hear that you are finding the forum helpful. It is so lovely how everyone shares lots of different aspects of their lives and how 5:2 fit into it

We seem to have quite a few doing the Fast 800 – looking forward to hearing how you all get on.

STRENGTH DOESN’T COME FROM WHAT YOU CAN DO. IT COMES FROM OVERCOMING THE THINGS YOU ONCE THOUGHT YOU COULDN’T.

Day 5, Rocky Mountains, US, FD 800 cals

After a CD yesterday I managed another 800 cals FD, did 20:4. Closed kitchen at 3pm.
    Snowy and cold outside. Still need to take the dog for his evening walk. Then need to walk to Qigong or have my DH drive me. It is snowing, it is quite slippery and I don’t want to fall again. Did that a few days ago. Luckily I did not really hurt myself.

Hope everyone has/had a good Thursday! 😊😊😊

Day 3 NSW Aust FD

Thanks for all of the support and adding me to the spreadsheet, it really is a great community of fasters!!! Day 3 today and I feel fantastic, hope it stays like this. It felt a bit strange writing all of my numbers down on the spreadsheet for all to see, but it has made me more focused to change my habits. Looking forward to seeing the numbers at the end of the month! Happy fast day everyone.

Day 6, NSW AUSTRALIA
    12.10 pm Wednesday
    Hi everyone

Well it’s been a long time since my last post, have been lurking in the background reading all your interesting posts.
    I find it difficult to answer each post, but think of you all and wonder what you are all up to very often.

I restarted yoga today – it’s been 7 months so today was a fresh start. Feels so good. Our teacher is just wonderful.

In that 7 months, I’ve managed to put on 3kg, so haven’t gone totally AWOL, but it’s time to get back on the wagon and give my health a better effort on my part. The challenge will be interesting! Have to get in touch with FD all over again! 😃

This weekend, Friday to Sunday, our inclusive extended family are staying in cabins at Riverwood Downs – a large rural property with a river, just what we all need for a relaxing couple of days.

My OH continues to get better each day, just wonderful; my dear Dad, at 86, continues to be a delight and pleasure to have around, though his care does limit what we can do at times! Wouldn’t have it any other way.

Still feel relaxed after my yoga session this morning!

I’m looking forward to jumping back on this thread, when able, and taking in all the wonderful experiences of each and every one of you – I’ll continue to read often!

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

@snowflake56
    Half and Half is half cream and half whole milk and I use it in my coffee. No sugar just nice rich creamy Half and Half. I guess it is an American thing.

Day 6 – Melbourne AUS – FD
    Day 5 – NFD (200 cal under TDEE!!! That never happens!!)
    Day 4 – FD

Work and life have been very busy so reading and posting when I can, and carrying the support of the forum when I can’t.

Had a very intense gym session this morning, and a very sensible NFD yesterday, so the hunger feels like it’s settled in for the day – but pushing through the FD, might allow myself an extra 100cal to get me through to tonight’s netball game…we’ll see!

@daffodil2010 your social calendar sounds like a minefield – good work pushing the reset, and good luck with the Fast800! I’m not yet game to give it a go. I’ve actually started turning down cake, and grabbing a coffee instead – just because I’m not eating it, doesn’t mean I’m celebrating any less…!!! Sounds like it all worked out perfectly for you anyway 😊
    @missybear and @flourbaby happy birthday!!! Hope the celebrations are fun for both of you!!
    @cornish-jane I feel the same on NFD’s, and it feels like January is almost harder to navigate than December! Together we are stronger, and will get over the yo-yo!
    @ciren2 I’ve been doing the same with the new book – it’s certainly helped me be more mindful of the refined carbs in my diet, hope it helps you in the motivation stakes, there’s a spot with your name on it on the wagon!
    @shinything definitely recommend seeing a Physio or osteopath to help – rehab exercises definitely help soft tissue issues!
    @emma1202 I have been trying to commit to 5 days sugar free per week (started out Monday to Thursday…baby steps right?!) and now some weeks it’s 6 days. My arvo sugar/choc cravings have virtually disappeared (which I still find shocking) and it’s helped me be mindful of all the sugar I was consuming. Allowing the weekend means I don’t feel totally deprived, and after a few weeks of it I don’t always feel compelled to eat it on weekends!!
    @arelkade welcome back!

Day 6 Pocket List:
    @gretta

Day 5 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️
    (Yesterday should have had a low sugar tick mark also. Just forgot.)

After 12 days of fasting, a regular food day was certainly a treat. The stomach feels better today. I think that the body had trouble keeping up with the wild outside temperature changes that have been occurring in the last few weeks. Got my yoga practice in before work. Starting back in on the yoga practice has really ameliorated the left shoulder and arm pain that I’ve been having. I’ve needed to take less ibuprofen at night to stay comfortable through the night.

@at Thanks for the great quote! It definitely strengthens the spirit!

Have a great day all!

Day 6 Wellington, NZ, NFD

Happy birthday @missybear, and I think @flourbaby – and anyone else having a birthday around this time.

@coda – good luck at the gym – it’s not something I can commit to, so I wish you well. Fish and chips always seems like a good idea, but when I eat it I’m always sorry afterwards!

Am trying to manage 3 NFDs while the kids are here and have an FD planned for tomorrow the day before they leave, so we’ll see! Just had a big family lunch and haven’t managed to catch up with everyone’s posts, but go well!

Day 6 – Perth AUS – 800
    Day 5 – 800

Quick check-in. Things have slowed in the weight-loss dept. Will attempt to catch up on posts tonight/tomorrow! Hope you are all going OK.

Day 5 California NFD

I was originally planning to do a 16:8 today but I was hit by an unexpected nauseous feeling so I had to eat a little breakfast. I’m definitely finished in the kitchen for today as the sink and drain pipe have parted ways unexpectedly making the kitchen very wet and unusable for the foreseeable future!

Day 6 UK NFD
    Hello everyone. I’m off to the gym shortly. Went on Monday and enjoyed it, but stiff yesterday and today so need to do some more work to ease those aching muscles. @at you put me to shame. Your roll call of exercise is breathtaking. I am mega impressed and it must do you so much good as well as allow you to treat yourself occasionally. I’m afraid today is very much a NFD as my OH has booked us into a Spanish meal and wine tasting this evening. I think he didn’t tell me because he knew my reaction. It’s quite pricey so I feel obliged to indulge rather than have too much of a tantrum! I’ll try to reign it on on Friday or Saturday to compensate. Even though I no longer go to work, I’m still of the mindset that there is a demarcation between week days and the weekend so I know it won’t be easy for me. @rafiki44 poor you for the flooded kitchen. I do hope you manage to get it sorted soon.
    Hope everyone has a good day.

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD Fast800

Quick check in as super busy. Dad is getting depressed again in hospital and wants out so my family and I need to up our game and get the house accessible quickly. My sister and I are going in to him tonight to tell him what we have been doing with the house. Then on Saturday, all being well, we will try to get him home for a visit to show him what we have done.

It will get him out if hospital for a while and hopefully give him faith that we are NOT leaving him to rot in convalescence. So stressful though. There are 7 of us siblings still alive, but two have gone into cave mode now 😨

In preparation I have portable food with me for the day, no EFS today for sure.

Have a great Wednesday

Day 6 – Japan – NFD

Made it through my 9th WFD. However today has been a mess, computer issues.

Day 6 – Ireland – FD
    Dry til Fri February (weekends are too busy!) Sugar free.
    Bread and Crisp clampdown🤞

Good morning all!
    Sorry to hear you kitchen woes @rafiki44 and to hear about your dad’s depressed form daffodil2010 – hopefully seeing all the work you have all done will cheer him up at the weekend 👍

I managed b2b through yesterday and will try for a FD again today…

Pocket list for today:
    @elektron (800)
    @daffodil (800)
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 6. UK. Fast800

Good morning All 🙂

Had a good couple of days after an initial gain. Down another .2lb.

Closed my belly yesterday at 850 which I know is too high. Will trim a bit of today’s when I late lunch.

18-6 / 21-3 is very doable. I feel made easier as I don’t have an appetite until later in the day.

Interesting article to share https://theconversation.com/how-to-lose-weight-and-keep-it-off-according-to-science-110674?utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20February%206%202019%20-%201228511311&utm_content=Latest%20from%20The%20Conversation%20for%20February%206%202019%20-%201228511311+CID_21330fa8dae80e4c60adcfe89f8a27bd&utm_source=campaign_monitor_uk&utm_term=why%20were%20so%20good%20at%20storing%20fat%20and%20why%20overeating.

Crumbs that is the longest link I’ve ever seen!!! Not sure if it will work.

Peace & Love

Day 6, London, UK, FD800

@basyjames there’s nothing better than sharing this path!!! At least I know someone will grab my hand before I take the dangerous detour route paved in chocolate with a biscuit bridge to cross that river of wine!!!! We really could be twins, because it’s funny you should mention the menopause, over the Xmas hols I, 100%, thought the hot flashes had begun, along with the sleepless nights and increasing waist ……………………………. Only to figure out it was entirely due to overconsumption (gorging!!) of carbs in its many magnificent & dangerous forms ……………………………. Cake, bread, biscuits & booze!!!!!!

@debster251, I’m a horizon & ‘Trust me’ addict too!!! I appear super knowledgeable to my friends regarding health, nutrition & exercise. I’m sure they’re bored …………………………….. but I’m the one getting slimmer & healthier!!!!

@gretta, lovely post, thanks for B’day wishes, I’m getting a min 2 weeks of Fast800 under my belt before celebrations (begin!!) on 24th!!! …………………… It took a little while for the translation to kick in, all it required was the accent (done badly, no doubt!!) …………….. ‘arvo’ = ‘afternoon’.

@rafiki44, I suppose the silver lining will be that the kitchen door is firmly closed!!!!

@daffodil2010, portable food for the win, as you know, planning is the key to this WOL. I hope your dads spirits get lifted with your visit, I know there’s no place like home, but there’s a lot to be said for 24hr nursing in hospital!!!

My FD800’s are still going well, lots of soups and enormous salads planned, I even have a glass of red scheduled for Sunday – just the one though!!! I’ve also managed 3 days of the 30 Day shred but I’ll skip tonight as I have a yoga class. We’ll see how the weekend pans out as that’s my ‘tricky’ time, but knowing it’s not forever and 800cals is a lot when you include heaps of veg should keep me honest!!!!

Stay strong folks!!!!

Day 6 UK CD

Good strong CD yesterday rather than an extra FD but I’m ok with that bc it came from a conscious decision rather than mindless eating.

Lunch at meeting was a super healthy small mexican bean salad followed by a couple of clementines. Also about 20g popcorn and one gf biscuit – but resisted all the other biscuits, and the pressed offer to take them home. Popped into the supermarket on the way home and resisted chocolate, sweets etc in favour of my favourite cherry tomatoes and brussel sprouts 🙂 Drank less water & tried to play catch up but that simply resulted in waking early with full bladder!

Small conscious choices, planning ahead and remembering to drink seem to be key for me. That and good self-care – which includes going to bed early rather than crashing in front of an interesting documentary bc i feel I’ve “earned time off”. Need to remind myself I can do those things tomorrow too – Such are the life lessons in fasting 🙂

Have a good day team, whatever your challenges. Smalll choices mean progress 🙂

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

It’s hard not to want to eat when the weather is cold, and we have had lots of a “real winter” this season. Doing okay though.

@northerndawn – you are so right about ice. At least people did seem smart and lots of us stayed home, schools got out early, etc. I have 3 meetings in town this morning (main town is 10 miles away, I live in a small village) so I will wait until all the salt has done its work this morning.

I need to read up more on the FD800 benefits, but then again, I am content at maintenance, and I think that is more for losing. Am I right?

Onward and downward.

Day 6, Ireland, FD

Was meant to be a nfd but meeting a friend tomorrow for lunch so doing FD today instead.
    Waiting on my soup to be ready, planning a bowl for lunch and one for dinner, havent really worked out calorie content but its carrot, turnip and squash so im sure its under 500.

Hope you all having a good day…..

Day 6 Canton OH 800FD
    Day 3/21 day challenge
    Day 2 progress report:
    Steps: 15,027
    TRE: 16:8
    Calories: 802
    Alcohol: Zilch
    Sugar: ~

I drizzled some homey on my oven baked bacon wrapped chicken thighs, does that count as eating sugar? I am going to say not because I also ate half an apple

@flourbaby I believe it’s official and you are my twin. It boggles my mind how similar our experiences and struggles are; Cake, bread, biscuits and booze over the holidays? ALL ME!! And you are right 800 calories is a lot when you are mostly eating veggies – too much actually; so very doable. I will be looking for you over the next 21 days for some much needed support and hand holding 🙂 we can’t let each other down – no pressure LOL

@judyjudes thanks for the link. I can totally relate. I have been doing really well over the last year or so – give or take an EFS here and there but nothing too serious. After throwing caution to the gallows in January, here I sit 10 epic pounds above the top of my maintenance range with clothes that feel a bit to snug for comfort, and this happened over the course of 3 weeks! It was fun while it lasted, the aftermath – not so much.

Day 6 pocket list:
    @elektron (800)
    @daffodil (800)
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes (800)
    @basyjames (800)
    @flourbaby (800)
    @yellowandblue
    Stay strong folks, summer is coming!

Day 6 sunny Belfast NFD

I’m coasting today; packing, cleaning and then out for dinner and off to the theatre tonight with some girlfriends. I’m fasting after dinner tonight – I got a letter to call me to an endoscopy appointment tomorrow morning so that’s an enforced fast tomorrow. Ugh!

@emma1202 I totally agree. I’ve tried to go cold turkey, but find after a few days I lose the plot and over-eat, so I’m cutting myself some slack with perhaps a more realistic goal. Good luck. I’m holding your hand from afar!
    @basyjames – I like your plan. I intend to do something similar when I come back from holiday. Good luck and keep us updated.
    Thanks @metatauta for the heads up about Swerve. It can be got on Amazon but is very expensive. Maybe I don’t need any more excuses to bake lol?
    @teeny73 – the wonderful thing about the forum is that it’s totally anonymous and that was an immense help to me to actually come to terms with the stats. I used to have a 39” waist and was totally embarrassed about it. However, here, everyone is on the same journey so there’s no shame. Good luck!
    @rafiki44 – oops! I hope you get it fixed soon!
    Good to see you @arelkade and I’m so glad to read that your loved ones are doing so well.
    @diggly – the joy of this WOL is that it is so flexible so enjoy your meal then press reset tomorrow!
    @daffodil2010 – I hope that when your dad realises what you’re all doing to aid his convalescence and get him home it will boost his mood. It’s so hard to keep our elderly loved ones motivated. Hope all goes well.

I have laid out all my holiday clothes on the bed ready to pack tomorrow afternoon. I had a quick check to see if my dresses and shorts still fitted. Thankfully all’s well!

Keep your eyes on the prize!

Day 6 – North Carolina – NFD

Good day yesterday. Landed just above my TDEE but managed okay and I got my work out in so that’s a win.

OH made the most delicious Indian butter chicken from a new cookbook from the lady who wrote Against All Grains so it was GF and dairy free. I have zero issues with either gluten or dairy but our son has Celiac disease and I want to try the recipes before sending the book to him. It was DELICIOUS and healthy if anyone is interested. https://againstallgrain.com/2018/09/12/eat-what-you-love-cookbook-sneak-peek-instant-pot-indian-butter-chicken/

I have been trying to fast 13 to 16 hours even on NFDs but I can’t decide if my drinking tea with stevia in fact breaks the fast. It has zero calories so it would seem that it’s a “no”. But while it’s organic 100% stevia, it’s still a substance so that might be making it a “yes”. I need a scientist on speed dial 😜

@daffodil2010, sending you warm thoughts about your dad and all the work you have to do. Your dad is so lucky to have you!

Thank you @judyjudes for the article. I love the words “conscious monitoring”. Such a good way to think of it. Not obsessing over food, but also not ignoring our food choices seems so healthy to me.

@flourbaby, @basyjames, and @michelinme, your healthy choices (and workouts!) are totally inspiring me! I so relate to your food temptations… Together we are definitely stronger!

@debster251 thank you for the hand holding. I so appreciate it! Happy to be on this journey together! It makes it more doable for sure! And good luck on the endoscopy. Not super fun…

@gretta, Baby steps is better than no steps 😋I’m going to follow your example and just add days over the next few weeks.

Day 6: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    The mail was heavy today. Typical Wednesday really. Lovely spring-like morning has now turned dull and grey.

@at: we had the dull and drizzly here too yesterday, then overnight fog!

I’m still off the wagon I’m afraid. I come home from work absolutely starving after so many hours since breakfast. Then, well, I eat my fill.
    I know this sounds like an excuse, but I think I’d find it easier in summer when the weather is warmer! @songbirdme: I think you’ll understand.
    @arelkade: nice to see you back.
    @daffodil2010: I hope your dad gets home soon, he sounds pretty fed up in hospital. Who can blame him? Good job several of you are working together on getting the house adapted. Good luck.

Day 6 Minnesota, USA CFD?

Good FD yesterday under 450 cals. I’ve read all the great and inspirational posts and intended to comment, but DD just called and needs me to babysit the little girls while she goes to the Doctor. So, I’m not sure if I’ll have them for supper, or if I’ll be able to fast today, as planned. I’m trying not to eat until supper time at around 5:30 PM. It’s 1:30 PM about now.

Off to childproof a bit, as the 2 and 1/2 year old is so active and lately into everything. I don’t feel like saying no to her today, so it’s just easier to put everything away.

Stay strong everyone, and I am loving the “regimens” that people are putting in place to decrease sugar and wine, and temptation in general!

Day 6 second post

Unexpected FD! plans changed and stayed home catching up with backlog but forgot to eat. I’ll defrost some spicy stew for quick supper (yay for planning!) with brussel sprouts on the side – i love my greens 😀 Tomorrow I now have lunchtime meeting in town so it’ll either be regular FD or CD – will play it by ear.

My Fast800 book has arrived will look forward to reading it at the weekend. I’m thinking about trying F800 for a couple of weeks next month to see how I get on- it might even get me off this 7 month plateau 🙂

@flourbaby wonderful that you got to MM’s roadshow!
    @arelkade lovely to have you back again. Glad all is going well with your family 🙂
    @debster251 good luck with your unexpected endoscopy tomorrow!!
    @daffodil2010 hope you had a good visit with your Dad x
    @emma1202 thanks! ANd love your “baby steps are better than no steps” – so worth remembering 🙂
    @ciren2 I’m inspired by the fact that you are holding on to the waggon when you’re struggling – and not simply giving up. It’s testimony to your strength and endurance. Here’s hoping you find a pattern that works for you x

Day 6 pocket list:
    @elektron (800)
    @daffodil (800)
    @jaifaim
    @judyjudes (800)
    @basyjames (800)
    @flourbaby (800)
    @yellowandblue
    @michelinme

Day 6 – Eastern WA USA – NFD

Made it through the FD to 62 1/2 hours, but I was having some intestinal aches. I thought maybe eating would help but it didn’t after all. Think I’ll be skipping my line dancing tonight to stay close to the restroom. This hasn’t happened to me before. Maybe it’s just a little bug that happened to coincide with the end of the fast.

@flourbaby – belated or ongoing birthday greetings! Sounds like you’ll be celebrating on the 24th. Enjoy!

@emma1202 – you asked whether stevia in the tea would break the fast. From the gleanings I’ve made from Dr. Jason Fung, it depends on your fasting goal. If your goal is weightloss, you’ve not broken your fast. If your goal is autophagy, than yes. On autophagy, he says only water, herbal teas, black coffee, and salt; but no sweetners.

@ciren2 – you say you came home starving. I was wondering if you’re staying hydrated throughout your day. Sometimes we’re thirsty when we have “hunger pangs”. I know on FDs especially drinking plenty is essential.

I’ve heard from my cousins being “snowbirds” in southern Arizona & California. So I need to get my act together and hopefully head out to join them by the end of the week if possible. Not sure how long I’ll be gone. Will still try to eat as Keto -LCHFMP as I can as I go.

Glad we’re on the journey encouraging each other as we go!

Day 6, UK, FD

I kept myself busy today so fasting is easier. Its a bit late to post, but better late than never 😉 . With my shoulder issue I decided to try and do only floor pilates exercises so I don’t have to use my arms. It went fine and I think I’ll keep doing those until I sort out my problem. It helps to exercise 🙂

@annemarilyn your shoulder problem sound very similar to the symptoms I’m having, my doc said its shoulder impingement. Thank you and @gretta for that info, I made an appointment to see the doctor so I will ask to have a physio for it. Thank you xx

@at oh I see, is your shoulder ok now? I will try and look for suitable exercises to strengthen the shoulder muscle without aggravating it. Thank you xx

@arelkade so nice to hear from you, welcome back :hug: , you’ve been missed xx

Hope everyone is having a good day/evening 🌼

Day 6 – UK – CD

Another busy day started off with a great yoga class this morning followed by a light lunch with with some girlfriends from the class.

An afternoon of volunteering – today it was a games afternoon! all the attendees seem to really enjoy a chat whilst playing various board games and a sticky gingerbread cake I had made went down well with a cup of tea or two ☕️🍰.

Today ended up as another CD so very happy with that 😇

@rafiki44 – hope your kitchen is sorted out soon
    @arelkade – lovely to have you back with us and to hear that your OH is so much better. Yoga is brilliant for mental and physical well being I find 🙏 so glad that you have taken it up again. Looking forward to you joining us whenever you can. You are on the spreadsheet!
    @matpi – glad it resonated with you x
    @diggly – I discovered a love of exercise when I retired – previously did very little!!! I now do yoga x 2, pilates x 1 and a HIT Pilates class, Broga x 1 and aerobics x 1 each week plus hiking – all very invigorating and gives me much joy!
    @daffodil2010 – hope Dad does not get too depressed – Hugs!
    @debster251 – good luck with the endoscopy appointment tomorrow morning – at least you have that holiday in Tenerife starting next Friday to look forward to – some winter ☀️
    @emma1202 – that recipe for the butter chicken looks 😋
    @shinything – yes it is – I think the strengthening exercises definitely helped

Time for bed I think – good night or good morning depending on where you are

“You are unstoppable not because you did not have failures or doubts but because you continued on despite them.” Beau Taplin

Day 6, Rocky Mountains, US, NFD

Just lost a long post. No time to rewrite.

Hope everyone has a good Wednesday!

Day 7 NSW Australia FD
    12.50pm Thursday

Hi everyone
    Thank you for all your welcoming comments – much appreciated xx

Just checking in!

Day 7 Pocket List: please copy and paste if you are fasting today

@arelkade

Enjoy whatever you are getting up to and bye for now xx

Day 7 Wellington NZ, F800 fast becoming a NFD

Busy with kids and Grandson’s visit and a lot of it (somehow) involves food – working on the mindful eating, but they want to take us out for dinner tonight so the F800 will be delayed!

They’re off tomorrow after their fleeting visit so I will try and catch up on the posts.

Day 7 New Zealand – FD

Great start – NOT. Forgot to weigh myself on the 1st, then went away for the weekend and had three extra days off, so now finally back at work and ready to get into this months challenge. Have to write off the first week of February as all NFD’s. Doing a water fast today to get back on track.

Day 6 Ohio, US — NFD ✔️

A really hectic day. I had to split the yoga practice into two parts: one part done before breakfast and the other done before supper. The weather was unexpectedly warm and the rain cleared up for long enough that I was able to take the dog for a walk. That permitted me to get in more than 10,000 steps today, something that is very difficult to do during the winter here.

@chipmunk13 Sounds like you’re having a great visit. One of the nice things about 5:2 is the great flexibility to incorporate special family times together. And you’re right — family time usually does involve sharing food.

@debster251 Hope your endoscopy went well. To me the best part of an endoscopy or a colonoscopy is stopping on the way home for pancakes. That’s my standard post procedure comfort food and helps to dim the memories of the event. To paraphrase Mary Poppins — Just a forkful of pancakes helps the procedure go down!

Have a great day everyone!

Day 7 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Had a 700cal FD yesterday, a bit more than planned, but the tummy just wasn’t satisfied after my tofu stir fry so added some Greek yoghurt and frozen raspberries.

Trying to stay lower carb for the next few days in preparation for the honeymoon. Weighed in at 69kg this morning so almost at feb goal, and almost at the very top of maintenance range.

Hoping to not go crazy on holiday, plenty of good options in Japan (love sashimi and miso soup!) but I do love to indulge in food and wine/saké, especially given it’s our honeymoon, so we’ll see. Can just jump back on the 5:2 and reset upon return if it doesn’t end up going that way! So count me in for the March challenge 😋

@flourbaby haha yes arvo=afternoon (not to be confused with avo=avocado!!!) good luck with the fast800, you’ll definitely be due for a celebration then!! I may have to give it a go after the honeymoon, have a wedding two weeks after I get back and not much room to grow in the dress I’m wearing.
    @michelinme what willpower!! 💪🏼

Day 7, Cornwall UK, FD

Here we go again – I actually like fast days until i get to about 5pm!

Seems there are quite a few of us in the ‘last 7kg’ club. I need to remember how hard it was mid journey when I had already lost a lot of weight and few people even noticed. This end of the journey is a better place to be – need to remind myself of this sometimes.

Thanks @daffodil2010 asking about my plants. My new ‘polyhouse’ built in the autumn is stuffed full of little plants just bursting to go! We have another project this spring to convert a small building at the bottom of our garden into a mini b&b. Its a challenge to fit bed and loo into the space but we are trying. It has a nice view and large curious bullocks that peer over the low wall – not sure how visitors will react!

@michelinme – i found a new yoga teacher in st mawes. She’s a very cool rock chick and lovely yoga teacher. Lucky me. Someone in class asked the other day if i was double jointed – i was chuffed as i’m not and i’ve worked v hard on my yoga since discovering it 18mths ago. Gotta take the complements when you get them! Yoga is my youth drug of choice. Hope your practice continues.

Pocket list for today
    @cornish-jane

Day 7 – Ireland – CD
    Dry til Fri February (weekends are too busy!) Sugar free.
    Bread and Crisp clampdown🤞

I managed b2b2b but honestly it was 500/800/800 – hopefully it will stand to me this week… visited family last evening and managed to resist birthday cake temptation in one house and treats in the other… for some reason yesterday people were offering me delicious food at every turn…

@ciren2 as @michelinme said, you are so strong to be able to check in to the forum even when you are finding it difficult to fast..💪. You’ll get back there when it’s right for you… you are so active anyway!
    @gretta it sounds like you are well set up for your honeymoon now. Hope you enjoy every minute of your special trip!
    @cornish-jane your little b&b sounds gorgeous! I love Cornwall and can just imagine the scene 💕

I need to get back on my bike but this cold and wet weather is not inspiring me much…last year I wasn’t feeling so so precious and was out in all weather…

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD Fast 800

Good day yesterday, did not have much time to think about food and did not get to eat all my portable foods either as was too busy. So another Fast 800 day but I will be at home straight from work and a small bowl of chicken, white bean and spinach chilli for dinner. And early to bed.

Dad was delighted with the plans we have for the house. I used my old Landscape Construction drawing skills and mapped out the house and what is going where. Having a physical piece of paper that he could envisage how the house will be made it visually alive for him. Now have to get cracking on the construction….waiting for quotes from builders….😨😨😨😨

So thank you one and all for your kind comments…too many to mention individually but I appreciate it all. Thank you guys ☺️

Have a great Thursday.

Day 7. UK. Fast800

Good Morning All 🙂

Closed my belly at 734cals @17:30hrs. Insomnia becoming a problem. I was wide awake but shattered at 01:00 hrs. I’ve trued magnesium spray, camomile tea etc. I do sometimes have a coffee with 1tbs of cream at about 17:30, so maybe stop that! Also I think I will save 100-150 cals for a healthy snack at 21:00hrs and see if that helps. Will move my late lunch to even later or miss it altogether as I want to continue TRE.

This is my 3rd week or thereabouts of Fast800. I knew my weight loss would slow down. However I’m up a smidgeon this morning. I’ll keep going though as I also realise weight loss isn’t linear.

@basyjames It’s so frustrating that the weight returns so quickly after minor indiscretions but takes much longer to lose again! I wish you a speedy loss of those pesky pounds.

@emma1202 Thank you for the chicken curry recipe. It sounds delicious.

@ciren2 Don’t be so hard on yourself, your work is heavy and energy intensive. It might be a case of you’ve been giving what your body needs in these cold months. I agree that any healthy eating plan is far more easier in the warmer months …. fingers crossed not too long to wait.

@northerndawn what a great FD @450 cals! Hope you’re stillenjoying your grandbabies.

@michelinme You’ll enjoy the Fast800 book. Very inspiring.

@AnneMarylin what an awesome fast at 62.5 hrs!

@gretta Not long now until Japan! The countdown begins!

@cornish-jane I’m about 2kgs away from the 7kg club….I cant wait to join you! Your little b&b sounds lovely but I’d struggle with your bullocks though, I was once stampeded by a herd of cows 🐮. Still feel anxious around cows, bullocks etc.

@daffodil2010 You have been a fantastic support to your father, you are very lucky to have each other in your life. Such love and devotion shines through.

Right I’m off now to pick paint for the decorator to paint the walls.

Peace & Love

Day 7, London, UK, FD 800

I had a really good yoga session last night although I got home very late and had a debate with myself whether it was still ok to eat at 9pm!!! I had my planned bowl of soup taking me to 800cals, but it really was far too late …………………………… next week, peppermint tea!!! Tonight WILL be the 30 Day shred!!!

@basyjames, no fear ……………………. I’ve gotcha!!!!! The struggle against carbs continues, but it’s sooooo difficult for people like you & I, after-all we’re made from flour!!!!! It’s funny how I could never stick to a low cal ‘diet’ before without feeling deprived, but doing 800cals each day just ‘FEELS’ different. I suppose because I know it’s not forever and I also know that 5:2 works like a dream, so that’s my default position when I’m ready …………………………. I’m about to get all evangelical about fasting again!!!!!

@annemarilyn, thanks for the clarification regarding autophagy, I’ve been counting 16-20 hr fasts, but they included Truvia and 20cals S/S milk ………………. So not really ‘true’ fasting, I’ll be stocking up on the herbal tea!!!

@at, I don’t know how you do it!!! Is it the fact you make the cake for others that stops you devouring the lot??? Or am I the only one who can’t/ won’t/ shouldn’t be within 10ft of ANY cake?????

@gretta, the dress is all the incentive you’ll need!!! Enjoy the honeymoon, don’t go all ‘cookie monster’ on everything in sight, BUT have a great & memorable once in a lifetime honeymoon!!!! 2 weeks of Fast800 when you get back will hopefully get you back to where you are now anyway!!!!

@judyjudes …………………….. a sentence I NEVER thought I would read ……………….. “I was once stampeded by a herd of cows” ……………… OoooooKaaaay…………………… then!??!!??!!

@at, again thanks for this quote that never fails to keep me on the wagon …………………..

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 7 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

Having thoroughly enjoyed my birthday celebrations I’m clambering back on the wagon for my Thursday FD. It will be interesting to see if today is difficult after eating bread, cake, chocolate, etc…..suffice to say I won’t be stepping on the scales anytime soon.

Just got to keep on keeping on…….with 5:2……not chocolate scoffing 🙂

Day 7 Ireland NFD

I so nearly gave in to temptation yesterday afternoon but thankfully didn’t. It’s the few hours when the children come home from school before my husband gets back from work that I find hard. I just want to snack.
    But after just having a few bowls of soup yesterday I felt so good last night that I had persevered. Need to remember that feeling.

Off out to meet a friend shortly, we are going to either a Starbucks or Costa (limited choice), not sure what I will have to eat, scones always tempting but becoming more calorie aware and not sure if a scone is worth it!!!!

Day 7 CD

Good OMAD FD yesterday came in under 800 calories despite post-supper cheese & tomatoes.

Delighted with my freezer-full of very tasty FD stews – yay for preparation! Last night tried the Indian-spiced one plus some disappointing frozen cauliflower dhal on the side. Increasingly I’m finding that I simply prefer food that’s cooked from scratch – it tastes better and generally has fewer calories.

Today I woke up with no energy but with enought time for gentle chores, yoga & brief meditation. Need to write an agenda then head out for lunchtime & afternoon meetings in town. Such a heavy week but I’m glad to be catching up with the backlog and feeling more balanced – it’s all in the preparation! An early night is definitely on the cards – I’m trying to practice proper self care rather than sugar/carbs and staying up late to have time off. Feel as tho I’m a slow learner but some things take a while to build up, clearly 🙂

@cornish-jane Love the sound of your tiny B&B, and the bullocks are an added bonus! So glad you found a great yoga teacher – and how fabulous to see yourself reflected back with new eyes 🙂 Testimony to your effort & endurance over a long time. I’m just back practicing my daily adapted yoga after a longer than ever before break with illness. I can really feel the difference – both in how hard things are now and in the benefit. I’m mindful of the *notice but don’t judge* approach, just being with how it’s going… Now Following the gentle stretches with a guided meditation course on strengthening self-compassion…. being with where I am 🙂

Good luck to all fasting today – here’s to a day of wise and helpful choices x

Day 7 California FD
    Day 6 NFD

Now we are thinking the sink problem is a drain problem! At least I’m not in charge of fixing it today, I will just go to work and hopefully it will magically resolved when I get home and I’ll just have to clean up!

Day 7 pocket list:
    @judyjudes (800)
    @cornish-jane
    @missybear
    @wacm
    @arelkade
    @flourbaby (800)
    @daffodil2010 (800)
    @rafiki44

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.