FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
FEBRUARY 2019 – SHORTEST MONTH CHALLENGE!

This topic contains 745 replies, has 54 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 748 total)

• Day 4 – UK – FD

Apologies for being AWOL over the weekend but a busy social one – Not a good weekend though regarding food and 🍷 so need to press my RESET button today with a strong FD!

Thank you everyone for your contributions and especially for the support given to the newbies over the weekend ❤️

So started the day with our usual early morning Broga class with OH – very hard work today – lots of leg work today!!!

@flourbaby – I knew you would be with us for this February challenge – you are absolutely correct that the support given here is essential especially when we are struggling 🤗 and BTW I loved the “Patience Grasshopper”
    @mogaman – I hope that you found the link for the spreadsheet but just to make sure here it is again
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gWQr44omef2wu3hfBB0-um759fAey4G30owyVPOmKfw/edit?usp=sharing
    @missybear – I’m similar to you in that having lost all this weight I find that alcohol affects me much more and yes I think that reduced carbs must play a part too. No hangover here but definitely leads to overeating 😞 Reading the posts this seems to be the case with many of us!
    @beedoo – lovely to have you with us again – hopefully your toddler will be feeling better soon and you all get a better night’s sleep x
    @rosy-posy – welcome – I have added you to the spreadsheet if you want to use it – How is the arm?
    @coda – So lovely to hear from you and that your New Zealand holiday was fabulous and managed to distract you a bit from the ongoing family saga. But how lovely to come back to celebrate your Dad’s 90th – so special! Great idea to get the support of a personal trainer from the gym and I see you are joining us on a FD today too – lots of us fasting so great moral support 🤗
    @ab-805 – good to hear that you found a solution to your stomach issues. For me an important lesson learnt with this WOL was “what is normal food portions” within my TDEE for my NFD – I used to eat way too much hence putting on weight!! I also learnt to eat to the TDEE of my target weight so that when I got there I was used to eating a lot less!
    @jaifaim – sounds like a lovely weekend ⛷ I skied in Chamonnix and Morzine/Avoriaz in the past – brilliant!
    @bert1802 – where are you? we need to know the ending for your February posts 😊
    Some interesting links have been shared – thank you all for sharing

I have enjoyed catching up on the posts this morning – some wonderful sharing has been going on. We miss some of old friends – how are you @rainbowsmile @lilymartin @cornish-jane @erika45
    @arelkade and any others lurking in the background – do pop in and let us know how you are doing 🤗

Day 4 Pocket List: I have added those from the spread sheet who have stated an intention to fasting today as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at

Right time for a shower post Broga, then meeting friends for a coffee before afternoon Pilates class and the sun is shining ☀️

“She was unstoppable. Not because she did not have failures or doubts. But because she continued on despite them.”

Day 4, UK, FD

Still struggling with weight and still carrying on. I was trying to work out why is it that I can’t lose weight. It might be due to the lack of exercise. I was diagnosed with shoulder impingement last year, and even though I had a steroid injection, it hasn’t really improved. Its really difficult to exercise with the pain in the shoulder when you move your arm, so I don’t 🙁 .
    Has anyone had any experience with shoulder impingement? Any ways to cure it?
    Anyway, its another FD today.
    We soldier on 💪

Day 4 Pocket List: I have added those from the spread sheet who have stated an intention to fasting today as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything

Day 4 UK FD

Checking in for accountability and speed-reading posts for motivation.

Slept late and tired after tomorrow so slow to get going – determined to start my week with prep for tomorrow and balance for today. Project stuff every day this week and aware i’ve lots to do. Rather than getting overwhelmed I’m going to prepare, prioritise and plan – getting better at working with what’s possible rather than trying to speed up or overstretch! Now for yoga & meditation, then crack on. So glad I’ve a freezer full of FD food that just needs heating up at the end of the day 🙂

Wishing you all a day of good decisions x

Day 4 Melb Aust FD800 that became a CD then NFD grrr! Back to FD800s from tomorrow

What a disastrous start to the week. I was going SO well, but my blackberries for dessert this evening were “off” so instead of just eating nothing, I had to eat some gelati, didn’t I?, turning my FD800 into a CD, which wouldn’t have been so bad if I hadn’t then decided to have a second helping!!!!! Under my TDEE, but a NFD in the end.

@ciren2, interested to read your comments re waist and hip. I’m even shorter than you, so need to get my waist size down A LOT.

@flourbaby, @ccco & @matpi, glad you’re doing well on the 800 cals. I think it works better for me, too – means I can do more per week (provided the gelati doesn’t grab me!)

@songbirdme, re popsicles, I only know the name through reading novels written by Americans.

@coda, good luck with joining a gym. Hope it prods you in the right direction

@kaywesterman, very impressed to read of your health insurer offering benefits for the monthly walking. That’s very pro-active of them.

@chipmunk13, hope the new scales stay “nice” for you!!!

Hoping for 4 days this week of under 800 cals, so I’d best get to bed so as not to be overtired – only 20 minutes to pumpkin hour here.

Keep on the downward move everyone!!!

Day 4 – Iceland – FD

I am glad that yoyo-January is over and hoping for a straightforward-February! The weekend wasn’t very controlled but I am determined make today a good FD!

@judyjudes – thank you for very interesting links on antibiotics/ghrelin levels
    @at – thank you for adding me to the pocket list 🙂

Have a great day everyone!

Day 4 Canton OH FD
    So I read a few articles about the Fast 800 and I am inspired to take on the challenge and see if it works for me.
    My 21 day fast800 challenge begins today and this is what I plan to do
    • 16:8 TRE scheduled on the weekdays
    • 12:12 TRE on the weekends
    • Restrict calorie intake to 800 or less, faithfully log everything that goes into my mouth
    • Follow Mediterranean diet
    • Avoid alcohol and sugars
    • Aim for 15,000 steps a day
    • Weigh in day will be Monday
    I believe this is just what I needed to break the crazy cycle of non compliance I have been stuck in for the last month. To keep myself accountable I will report daily on my success sticking to the steps outlined above the day before. Fingers crossed, I am excited to take this on!

It’s great to see some old friends check in again; you were missed.
    Day 4 pocket list:
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything
    @basyjames

Day 4 USA (Illinois) FD800

Overate yesterday, but I’ll make up for it today with very controlled eating.

@coda – oh yes! So great to hear from you! I have to agree with @northerndawn completely and applaud what you began. This has become a safe and happy haven for so many of us. Your example of hosting has perpetuated oh so beautifully.

Onward and downward.

Day 4, Ireland FD

Roast dinner and desserts yesterday but no breakfast or late evening eating so maybe not too bad.

Coffee and tea all day today, not tempted so far to eat anything and keeping myself busy and planning a walk tonight.

Hope everyone is having a good day

Day 4, Cornwall UK, FD

A bit late to be joining the Feb challenge, but here I am. Those who know me will know that I have lost 34kgs (75lbs) so far over the last 18 months or so. I currently weight 72.2kg and want to lose another 7kg to reach 65kg target weight.

I have stalled in my weight loss over the last few months and I ended January on exactly the same weight that I started it! So hopefully Feb will be a month I get off this annoying plateau.

It feels like I am struggling on maintenance and not even there yet! But truthfully, after losing all this weight, I am having to adjust to eating less for a smaller body. And I am experiencing increased hunger – something that does apparently happen to some people after they have lost a lot of weight. So I’m struggling with some demons at the moment. But am hopeful/confident I can keep the weight off and keep going to lose a bit more.

I do 5:2 on 500 cals and a plant-based Mediterranean Diet. It is tempting to add another fast day etc, but I find the 2 fast days OK so don’t want to rock the boat. My demon is to control eating on the non-fast days. So here we go February…

Day 4 pocket list:
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @cornish-jane

Day 4: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    This will be the last day of my holidays. I’m not surprised to note that I have gained about 2 pounds during the past nine days (tut).So back on the deliveries tomorrow.
    See why I just MUSTN’T retire!

@coda: maybe a lucky omen that you are back with us? perhaps I can get my act together again….as when we all first started in May 2016 under your fine leadership? look what you started..
    So I’ve eaten my fill for today really, quite literally, and have tentatively put myself in for a FD tomorrow on the spreadsheet! If so, this will be my first of the YEAR….
    @cornish-jane: What a success-story….you’ve done amazingly well to lose 75 pounds. So close to your goal now. Brilliant.

I am reading my way through the Fast 800 book hoping for renewed motivation. The health benefits alone are worth it.

Day 4, Raleigh, NC, FD

Not a bad weekend (stayed at my TDEE and walked 6 miles on Sunday) but managed to regain any perceived loss from my FDs last week. Trying to stay positive and motivated by reading your posts. As much as FDs can be challenging, controlling myself on NFDs is much much harder. Plus, I have a huge sweet tooth still and I often have a cheat meal once a week which is probably not helping my plateau issue… Taking a deep breath and forging ahead.

@basyjames and @at, love reading a little bit about you and what you do that has worked for you. It’s inspiring! Thank you for sharing!

@flourbaby, Thank you for sharing even your frustration. I have been at a plateau since October, and it’s encouraging to read you are still sticking with it and pushing forward. It helps me stay determined.

Thank you so much @judyjudes for the link about gherkin and leptin hormones. Very interesting.

@coda welcome back!

Good luck @basyjames with the 800cal challenge. so many of you seem successful with it, it’s making me wonder if I shouldn’t try it in March. Can’t wait to read about your success!

@cornish-jane, I’m sorry you have plateau’s but what a journey so far!

Day 4 pocket list:
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @cornish-jane
    @emma1202

Day 4 UK FD
    Happy Monday everyone. Reading through everyone’s posts I realise that many issues are similar for us all. My weekend wasn’t mindful enough and although I didn’t eat breakfast and all food was consumed in an eight hour window I still had far too many calories. Thank you @at for adding me to the pocket list. I have had a successful FD so far and feel very motivated to have so many people along with me. @shinything I am so sorry about the pain you have in your shoulder. My brother had something similar and it took a very long time foe the pain to go away. I think injections and physio were the answer in the end, although I know the pain made him very miserable. @michelinme you sound like you’re very in control of your heavy work load…all the FD food prepared and a good dose of yoga and meditation. Well done for making time for yourself. It’s so easy to put yourself last and then nothing gets done to a high standard at all. Good luck with your fast800 challenge @basyjames. Wow @cornish-jane well done on your impressive weight loss. I hope I can rise to the challenge like that. Good luck with breaking your plateau.
    Good luck everyone.

Day 4 Eastern WA USA – FD

Thank you @at for putting me on the FD list. So far so good with staying on Keto choices – LowCarb Healthy Fat Moderate Protein. I’m entertaining the idea of going on a long road trip that may make it a little challenging but that’s okay. I have some cousins and friends getting away from the cold in the southern parts of the USA. I’m thinking of going down to connect with them and catch some warmth as well.

Day 4 pocket list:
    @annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @cornish-jane
    @emma1202

We’re in this together!

USA Day 4 FD (800 cals,; 16:8)

Adding myself to the pocket list:

@annemarilyn
    @betsylee
    @debster251
    @diggly
    @borealis
    @gretta
    @elektron
    @emma1202
    @judyjudes
    @kaywesterman
    @michelinme
    @northerndawn
    @shinything
    @yellowandblue
    @daffodil2010
    @missybear
    @jaifaim
    @coda
    @at
    @shinything
    @basyjames
    @cornish-jane
    @emma1202
    @ccco (800 cals.)

I am amazed how well my 800 cals. a day FDs are going and how easy it seems that I am not hungry. I think eating 16:8 is also helping, plus I am keeping a food journal and measuring and weighing everything I eat, which is keeping me on the straight and narrow. Got on the scale this morning and I am down another .6 lbs. from yesterday! I definitely have found my nitch!

Have a great down, everyone! We have quite a pocket list today! 🙂

Day 4 Belfast FD

Thank you for adding me to the pocket list

I had my first painting class this afternoon and came away heartened. Well, it wasn’t as bad as I expected. Good food choices made today and a light supper under my belt, I’m off to my swimming class feeling very positive.

I didn’t come this far to only come this far.

2nd post

A quick pop in to say that I DID NOT EAT CAKE!! So happy with myself. There was a huge strawberry cream sponge cake and a divine lemon drizzle cake all beside my desk, but, as two people on my team were out sick today it meant I was SUPER busy…..so my dear friend did not hassle me with cake 😄

I did tell her I would have cake after lunch, and if she asks tomorrow I will go mmmmm, that lemon drizzle was to die for. So yup, @flourbaby….lies basically!!!!

I am roasting some chicken legs for my one meal, eaten without the skin of course, then off to bed. I really should work out my calories but definitely less than 800.

Day 4, Gozo, Malta, mfd

Today s mfd went at.

Tomorrow I continue a B2B2B.

I’m going to sleep soon.

Day 5 Wellington, NZ, NFD

Sooooo lovely to have the kids and grandson here – he is such a ball of energy I wonder if OH or he will tire first! OH is in his element crawling around the floor being a lion. We’re off to the zoo today for some real lions.

NFD yesterday but was so busy didn’t really eat much and my kind new scale showed me 300gms down this morning. Result.

@cornish-jane you might want to consider a couple of weeks on the new F800 to shake things up. I found it easy to stick too – 800 calories seems so much more than 500! It seems most people are getting a bit of a whoosh on it.

Off to the zoo we go ho ho!

USA Day 4 FD (800 cals., 16:8)
    Second Post

Well, my kitchen is closed with 797 cals. being consumed today, another successful 800 FD. Hope everyone is doing well!

Day 4, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

My planned 800 cals day morphed into a CD of 1100 cals.
    Went to Tai Chi class, then coffee with DH on campus. Walked home. Was so hungry. Oh well, tomorrow I am planning another 800 cals day.
    @missybear: Happy 60th Birthday tomorrow! 😊🎶🎂🎁💐

Hope everyone has/had a good Monday!😊😊😊

Day 4 Portugal NFD

I’m late to join the February challenge. Please count me in, if not too late. I hope to lose 2-3kg. Alternate day fasting. I really need to work hard. Had my first dessert this year at the weekend but unfortunately I ate too much. Need to get back on track and lose some weight. Walking going well. I am on target for the 1000 miles in a year, having now completed 105miles!

Tuesday Feb 5, greetings from NSW Australia! FD.
    Hi all, I am new to the fast800 way of life. I started last week and fell apart on the weekend and have found that reading through the forum posts has given me the motivation to give this another go. I’m trying to balance life, kids and work and somehow in between forgot to take care of myself, eating and drinking too much, something I hope to change. If its not too late could I be added to the February challenge? Looking forward to sharing my journey with you all.

Second post
    @teeny73 and @erika45 welcome to the challenge. It’s never too late to make the right choice for your health. We look forward to sharing your journey with you.

Day 5 – Japan – WFD

Normally when I’m fasting I typically see a pretty good drop in calories burned as reported by my activity tracker. Today I ran 6k to see if that will help keep my calorie consumption up through out the day. I also hadn’t ran for a couple of months and was just curious to see if I could do it.

So far my calories are a little higher, should be around 1400 by noon. However, I’m still feeling the normal chills I feel while water fasting. It seems my body forces itself to conserve on body heat. It is especially noticeable with my fingers while typing.

Day 4 Ohio, US — CFD

Today started off as a MFD and then I don’t know what happened. This afternoon my stomach was quite upset and then this evening I got extreme hunger pangs, so much so that I caved and ate over 800 calories, but still a CFD. Those hunger pangs were far beyond anything I’ve experienced with IF before. So I guess that I’ll be doing some NFD’s until everything gets sorted out. On the more positive side I did get my yoga practice in this morning before work and definitely stayed more relaxed today at work.

@missybear Happy Birthday! It’s great that your birthday coincides with Chinese New Year this year. You get to start two New Years at the same time!

@daffodil2010 Congratulations on the cake resistance! If this were back in the 1960’s, would you say that you’re a card-carrying member of the CRM — the Cake Resistance Movement? 🙂

Have a great New Moon and a great Chinese New Year!

Day 4. California NFD

Good 16:8 day with two meals. My fast day yesterday also went well and I just had one 477 calorie meal for dinner. It still hasn’t stopped raining here in California. it’s the most rain we have had in years. Luckily I got new tires today so I’ll be safe driving.

Happy birthday @missybear

@missybear — happy birthday to YOU! ♫♪♫♪ (and many more…)

60 is the new 40, right?

Day 4, Oceanside CA, CD

I have been a Fast 5:2 woman since November 2016 following an 800 calorie per day FD protocol from the beginning. Walked with my Fitbit from January 2015 and lost 35 lbs and lost another 18 lbs by November 2017 with Fast 5:2 . So 53 pounds gone and maintaining to present. My reflection on this program is to plan meals, watch portions and get some exercise every day. Walking in fair and sometimes challenging weather keeps me happy, healthy and in maintenance.

I am 72, 5’3″ and 143 pounds. I love berries and a protein waffle for breakfast and a nice protein with veggie dinner. The fiber fills me up. It’s not really about calories. Eat whole foods including full fat yogurt, cottage cheese and half and half to stay satisfied. A square of dark chocolate now and then is good for our heart health. And there is room for a Cosmo cocktail and wine. Moderation is king.

I enjoy reading all the posts and the new members can learn from those participating from June 2016. We are living one day at a time. There is always a fresh start if we need it. Fast 5:2 is a sustainable way of eating. I love seeing the posts from @at, @songbirdme, @redrockgirl302, and @coda who started this challenge board in the spring of 2016. We can all succeed supporting each other.

As we move into spring and the rebirth of the earth (at least in North America) positive times ahead.

Day 5, Cornwall UK, NFD

That was a good fast day. I feel great waking up the day after and polishing my halo!

Congrats @daffodil2010 on swerving the cake. Stay strong💪!

Now to control that NFD over eating problem. And not be tempted into coffee and cake after yoga…..

Day 5. UK. Fast800

I had a positive day again yesterday and shut my belly at 805 cals @ 18:00 hours.

Decisions, decisions. I can’t make my mind up whether to have homemade soup or salad for lunch. I’ll make a batch of soup this morning anyway, then it’s there if I want it.

@missybear HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Wishing you a great day!

@chipmunk13 How lovely to have family and grandchildren staying. Lots of memories in the making.

@erika45 & @teeny73 Welcome :). This forum is fab! Loads of support and advice. You’ll love it.

@dykask sorry to hear about your chills. Is it Raynalds disease in your fingers? I hope you feel warmer today.

Peace & Love

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – Fast800…FD

Second day of the new regime, see how it goes. In fact it feels great having those extra calories, even if I don’t eat them. Yesterday’s cake swerving was great, I really enjoyed my evening meal knowing that I had not been caught by the cake dragon. Thanks @matpi and @cornish-jane….cake resistance movement is right 😄

And @cornish-jane, it’s nice to see you posting before me again early in the morning, it’s like routine is settling back in. You must be starting to get busy in your horticultural world and getting ready for the new year ahead? Fantastic success story, and I, like you, have about another 7kg to go….maybe this year will do it 🤔

Happy birthday @missybear…have a wonderful day 🍾

Have a great Tuesday everyone.

Day 5 – Ireland – CD
    Dry til Fri February (weekends are too busy!) Sugar free.
    Bread and Crisp clampdown🤞

Good morning!

Happy birthday @missybear! Have a fabulous day!

Welcome @teeny73! It’s so hard to do this on your own! You will find great support and positivity on these pages!

My fast day yesterday went well although I seemed to feel hungry all day…
    Looking at the spreadsheet it seems that a lot of people are trying 800 cals for prolonged periods… well done to you all, I’m not sure I could ever do that…it’s hard enough for me to get through one day on 500cals with the promise of more cals the next day..😬 although having said that I’m tempted to fast again today and maybe try 4:3 this week to try move away from the bobbing numbers on my scales…

In a world where you can be anything…be kind 🤗
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 5, Emden Germany, NFD

@missybear Happy Birthday, enjoy your day!

@daffodil2010 stay strong today, your resisted the cake yesterday, you can do it today also.

@dingping on four days a week your new lovely house is yours, that’s nice. Painted the ceiling for the second time yesterday, turned out fine. After writing this post I’ll start painting the walls, I painted them in a beautiful dark gentian blue (RAL 5010) two years ago but it’s too dark for the bedroom, the adjecent small sitting room will stay gention blue. I plan to paint the bedroom, entrance hall, landings and the staircasewalls in a grapfruit yellow. Everything is lavender atm, also too dark. I hope it works out, if not, I’ll just paint it in another color. I can drill, but I can’t do electricity.

@debster251 The only things I can paint are walls, ceilings, doors etc. What kind of painting do you do, watercolor of oil?

@kaywesterman how does the insurance company know, if you do the walking, etc.? Do you have to send them your data?

@basyjames that’s a challenge, please keep us informed.

@michelinme you seem to have a good plan, I hope it will work out.

@ciren2 go for it today, will be thinking of you!

@emma1202 I have a huge sweet tooth too. I don’t buy sweets anymore, if I want something sweet, I’ll eat a cracker with home made marmelade or jam.

@shinything would it be possible to get psysiotherapy?

@erika45 welcome, never too late to join. You seem to be on track with your walking.

@teeny73 a warm welcome to you too, just keep in touch with us and ask anything you want. There’s a lot of knowledge here. Good luck!

@matpi hope your stomach is calmer today, take care.

@steffieagle what is half and half?

@jaifaim I couldn’t do 800 cal for a long time either, I’m sure it would end in EFS. I admire everyone doing this.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 5 UK FD800
    Hi everyone. Happy birthday @missybear hope you have a relaxing day. Loving your colour ideas @snowflake56. I’ve just decorated the spare room; floral paper on one wall and then little green rolling fog on the walls. Sounds sludgy but it’s really pretty and I’m very pleased. Sorry you’re so cold @dykask. I find I’m really cold at bedtime on a FD and it takes an age for my feet to warm up. I often have a really restless night as a result.
    I’ve decided to do FD800 mon -thurs and then NFD for the other 3. I actually find it bareable to fall somewhere between 500 and 800 so we’ll see what happens.
    Have a great day.

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Thanks for all the lovely birthday wishes 🤗

I had a very good 500 calorie FD yesterday in preparation for an indulgent NFD today……possibly 🥂when I have brunch and definitely 🍸🍷with dinner at my favourite restaurant……I will drink lots of water!

Have a wonderful day everyone 😊

Day 5 UK ?FD/?CD

Delighted to have a successful FD yesterday! I stuck to OMAD with a supper choice of frozen vegetable stews in the freezer, picking some protein & greens, and followed by clemtines & a sharp apple – total 540 calories. I also drank 3 litres of water (!) and a couple of marmite teas, and took a flask of fresh ginger tea to bed with me – yum.

After a challenging few months I’m hoping this balance of preparation and choice will make this month’s FD routine & sustainable for me. I may make today another FD – I’m out & about and want to swerve biscuits & snacks at lunchtime meeting. All too easy to fall into eating when trapped in a room with challenging conversations and food!

I didn’t get any project work done yesterday (!) but I did get myself wonderfully rebalanced with yoga, meditation, reading, writing and rest, and some planning & prioritising for the full week ahead. Sometimes the best thing is not to be doing but to ready myself for what’s ahead – a busy time, but I’m feeling better equipped and less overwhelmed 🙂

@missybear wishing you a very happy 60th birthday!
    @daffodil2010 well done for cake swerving 🙂 Like you and @cornishjane I’ve also got 7kg left to goal after a long journey – we can cheer each other on 🙂
    @teeny73 @erika54 welcome to the February challenge
    @cornish-jane lovely to hear from you! Did you find a new yoga class?

Onwards…

Day 5, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a successful FD, and I feel less bloated, so I feel better. I wont be weighing myself often as I find it unhelpful, and will weigh only when I notice the difference in my clothes, to take a note of the weight than 🙂

@diggly thank you for your kind words and info about the shoulder pain, I don’t think I will go for any more injections, they are too nasty 😰 . @snowflake56 I was thinking to ask for a physio 🙂 , not sure if that would be better or maybe find exercises that would help.

@daffodil2010 well done for resisting the cake 👏

@missybear Happy 60th Birthday 🎂 🍾 🍸

Welcome @erika45 and @teeny73 😀 , its never too late to join. I hope you find this forum helpful, I know I do.

Have a great day everyone 🌼

2nd post

@shinything please ask for physiotherapy. In the practice I worked the patients always started with 3 times an injection (done by the orthopedist) with cortison combined with a painkiller and 18 times psysiotherapy. A physiotherapist knows what to do and can advice you on exercises you can do at home. If you leave it like this it will take forever and it could be you end up with a shoulder you can’t move much anymore. Take care of yourself.

Day 5, London, UK, FD800

So yesterday …………………….. Don’t hate me!!!! I went to see Dr M at the Churchill Theatre, Bromley!!! I can’t say I learnt anything regarding fasting, I devour any info as soon as I can, so I’m fairly up to date!!! However, the info on his career and the self-experimentation he and others have done in the name of science was cringe worthy but fascinating …………………….. Tapeworm anybody??????

I really think this 2 weeks of 800cal days will kick start some losses, rather than the ‘bouncy-bouncy scale experience’ or the ‘lengthy & lonely plateau visiting’ I’ve tended towards.

@daffodil2010, way to go with the cake swerve!!!! Once your mind is back in the game, you really CAN do anything!!!!!

@missybear, Happy Birthday, enjoy the cake & wine or whatever takes your fancy …………………. It’s just ONE day, make it a good one!!!! I misread your post I thought you said …………………’I will drink lots of wine!’ …………………………….. I think they call that ‘transference’!!!!!!!

Welcome back @steffieagle & @erika45 – how was the Malteser and toblerone cheesecake??? ……………………………. Actually, I REALLY don’t need to know!!!!

Welcome @teeny73, unfortunately weekends seem to derail the best of us!!!! However, the beauty of this WOL is that there’s always tomorrow, you’ll soon get into the routine and breeze through the most challenging of days!!! Good Luck!!!

Stay strong people, we’ve GOT this!!!!

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Did well on my FD yesterday despite having supper with friends. I took home half of my sandwich wrap and most of the fries. I know, not the best use of my 600 calories… oh well.

@daffodil2010 – half & half is a cream we have in the dairy section of our American supermarkets. It’s not as heavy as whipping cream. It seems to be a blend of heavy cream and whole milk. Often used in coffee.

@steffieagle – great to hear how you’re maintaining. Walking is so good, and you’re in the right climate for that! Here in northern Illinois, we are expecting an ice storm tonight. Ugh… just had a pretty fair thaw after the Polar Vortex, and now this.

@shinything – I agree with @snowflake56 to get therapy for your shoulder. Our Silver Sneakers teacher also works at our hospital pain clinic, and she is always talking about how moving our shoulders is oh so important.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 Canton OH FD

Day 2 – 21 day Fast800 challenge
    Yesterday went very well. I checked all the boxes
    Steps: 17,981
    TRE: 18:6
    Calories: 758
    Sugar and alcohol: Zilch!

I am so used to eating 500 calories on FD that 800 seemed like a major indulgence. @flourbaby once again we find ourselves skipping down the same path 

I am so thankful for this forum again thank you @coda for beginning this monthly challenges and @at for being such a wonderful host

@daffodil2010 congrats on exercising those willpower muscles!

@missybear Happy birthday to you !!!

@dykask those chills take some getting used to, they were quite uncomfortable for me at first. I also noticed that when I overindulged over the holidays I was way too warm and sweaty all the time. I thought it was menopause at first, but it did not last – turns out my body had gotten used to doing more with less and did not know what to do with all the extra calories I was stuffing in my face.

Pocketlist day 5:
    @judyjudes Fast800
    @daffodil2010 Fast800
    @diggly Fast800
    @michelinme
    @flourbaby Fast800
    @basyjames Fast800

Day 5 wet and windy Belfast NFD

Pilates and a doggie walk under my belt. Now some housework

@daffodil2010 💪😀
    @missybear – happy birthday to you!💐
    @snowflake56 – the class is watercolour so that’s my focus atm. And what a great colour scheme!
    @flourbaby – I had hoped to go and see him but he doesn’t seem to be coming to Belfast atm. Being the geek I am, I watch most of those programmes and saw the Tapeworm on. Ugh!

I seem to be stuck on a plateau 2lbs above the top of my maintenance range. Those Christmas lbs are certainly holding on tight!

Have a good day one and all

Day 5 – North Carolina – NFD

Had a great WFD yesterday. Cold as usual but not particularly hungry until 5 or 6pm and then I had to run out to grab my daughter from drivers ed so no time to ponder the possibility of food. It helps so much to be busy! The scale responded this AM with a 2lbs loss. I know most of it is water, but still, I am determined to get off this 3 months plateau and make my moving average go down 1 lbs this month. I’m definitely a member of the turtle club! Onward and downward!

@debster251, I love your sugar-free 5:2 idea. I have such a hard time giving up chocolate. I might have to follow your lead and only allow myself two days a week since clearly trying to go sugar-free all the time has been an epic fail.

@ab-805, so interesting about Lumen. Very cool feedback compared to a scale. Although they make it sound like that’s all you have to do to magically be healthier, but it’s not quite that easy sadly. You still have to make the right choices for yourself. I need something that makes it easy to walk away from a quiche or a crêpe lol.

@daffodil2010 Congratulations on resisting those cakes! They did sound fabulous but the pleasure is so temporary. Good on you for staying strong! (@matpi, you made me laugh with the cake resistance movement bit! I need to earn that card!!!). How do you like this 800 calories days? So curious about that route…

Sorry you’re so cold @dykask. I can totally relate. On a FD, I’m the crazy woman with 2 coats and 4 sweaters going walking (in 40 degree weather!). My girlfriend even asked me if I should get my thyroid checked since it evidently plays a role in body temperature regulation. But I really think it’s just the fasting. I’m fine on NFDs and warm after a big meal. Funny how the body reacts. Lots of hot tea and a heating blanket folded over on my side seem to help a lot.

Happy birthday @missybear! Have a fabulous day!

Welcome to the challenge @erika45 & @teeny73!

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

USA Day 5 FD (800 cals.; 16:8)

Up a little on the scale today but I know why! I indulged in some Skinny Pop popcorn, which is good, but it was salty. No popcorn today.

Adding myself to day’s pocket list:

@judyjudes Fast800
    @daffodil2010 Fast800
    @diggly Fast800
    @michelinme
    @flourbaby Fast800
    @basyjames Fast800
    @ccco Fast800

I am glad so many of us are trying the Fast800 approach. I seem to be having so much success with it. I did read online last night that after awhile (not sure how long), even with Fast800, our weight loss will slow down a little. No matter! I am playing it by ear and using this opportunity as another learning curve. I am also trying to learn how I will maintain my weight loss and I am learning some ideas. I am one of those people who doesn’t like to remove food groups, so for me I need to learn portion control, so I can eat whatever I like. I am truly learning how. This morning I had three small pancakes with butter and syrup, well measured. While the pancake mix wasn’t Keto (I saw that in the store, too), it was a high protein mix where I could combine the mix, 1 tsp. of extra virgin olive oil (which makes everything taste better for me), and water. Low calorie, very filling, and quite delicious!! Along side that, I had a slice of turkey bacon for only 25 calories. Every day now, I am having a great new type of portion control meal and I can’t complain because about any of my meals. I don’t even feel like snacking during the day or during my witching hour, which occurs after my 16:8 window closes.

I saw that in a Daily Mail online article that Dr. Mosley dabbled with the tapeworm idea. I know that in the early 20th century during my grandmother’s time, tapeworms were used for weight loss. Beyond me how anyone could do that.

Well, this post is getting too long, so will return later! Happy Birthday, missy bear!

Day 5: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Back to work after a nine-day break and 2 pounds up.
    I WAS hoping for a FD but, sadly, it hasn’t worked out that way. I have stresses in my life which seem to thwart my good intentions. I just can’t seem to do it anymore, right now. However, I live in hope. One day….

@missybear Happy 60th xx
    @daffodil2010: You did NOT eat the cake…well done!
    @teeny73: Welcome to the gang.
    @steffieagle: 53 pounds! What a role-model. It’s good to hear how you did it and how you maintain that fantastic result. Inspirational.
    @erika45: You know it’s never too late to join us. Jump in!

Well, the dog is looking at me…suppose I need to take her for a walk then.

Day 5 Minnesota, USA FD

Sorry, @at, for adding myself to the pocket list yesterday….you had already done that and I didn’t read through it very thoroughly. As it was, I ended up with a 1200 cal CFD. Mondays are hard for me for various reasons, but I’m sure my weekend NFDs and increased carbs are the main reason. My appetite is always increased on Monday. I try to increase protein and decrease carbs on Mondays, and that does set me up for a more successful FD on Tuesday. I’m planning to also fast tomorrow but not sure if 800 cals or under 500. We’ll see how today goes for total cals.

@basyjames….what an interesting plan for the month! I’ll be looking forward to your updates on progress. I may try something similar in March.

@missybear Happy 60th Birthday!!!! Enjoy your day and your dinner tonight. You only turn 60 once!

@cornish-jane….You have lost so much weight already, that if I were you I wouldn’t feel badly about your plateau. I’m having a hard time getting under 150 lbs (68.9 Kg), and I haven’t lost anywhere near the amounts that you have. I feel like I am getting used to eating at this weight (again), and if I push to hard to go below, I’ll start feeling like this is more a diet than a WOL. I think it’ll all balance out in time and I’ll get closer to 65kg. hopefully when I can get outside and be more active, again.

It’s so icy here that I can’t even venture out to the gym to walk the track. Over 200 people treated in the Emergency rooms yesterday for falls on the ice (we had a thaw and rain over the weekend and now it’s refrozen into a skating rink). Expecting 4 inches of snow on top of that today and 6 more Thursday. It’s so hard to get in even 10,000 steps at home….just so boring walking around the house.

Adding myself to day’s pocket list:

@judyjudes Fast800
    @daffodil2010 Fast800
    @diggly Fast800
    @michelinme
    @flourbaby Fast800
    @basyjames Fast800
    @ccco Fast800
    @northerndawn

Good luck everyone!

Day 5 – USA – NFD

Happy birthday, @missybear! @daffodil2010, speaking of swerving, there is a sugar substitute called Swerve which is the consistency of either confectioners sugar or brown sugar. I don’t know if they sell it across the pond…I use it in baking all the time and never miss real sugar. Also, monkfruit, erythritol are good substitutes. If anyone misses sweets, you can substitute pretty much anything you have a craving for when you go low-carb, moderate protein, healthy fat….I’m not being paid for this announcement, lol! YouTube has tons of recipes, just sayin.

Day5 Central Coast California, FD

Hello all, I have to say all your posts have helped me a great deal I love hearing how much you have lost and how you have managed and what you have for breakfast if you have anything and what you are making.

Im reading the book again for the third time and am beginning to plan out how to do this. Ive got the exercise thing down, with the exception that its been raining here for the last two weeks and Ive only got to the gym, but once it warms up a bit and dries out Ill get the bike out again.

I learned a new thing: If you brush your teeth before you drink ginger tea, it taste like soap! what a boo boo that was!!!!

For the last week I have pretty much gained a pound every day. But I turned the trend around yesterday I hope: 150.1 yesterday and this am 147.1 so by solving the stomach problem and eating one egg AM and a fairly small portion of ratatouille PM! it was all enough. Finally!!!!!
    Wish me luck for the rest of the week. Weight lifting tonight.
    So the thing that keeps me going as a 65 YO is that I want to try pole dancing! but I have to get some strength back in my arms, I watched a class the other day and could only look at the pole !

Hope this gives you a giggle, all the best for the week for you all

2nd post ….

@snowflake56 and @songbirdme thank you for your advice, I will make an appointment to see my doctor and ask for physiotherapy 🙂 xx

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 748 total)

You must be logged in to reply.